Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: The Honeymoon Life of Sonny and Nina

Michael holds the secret to blow up Nina's new marriage to Sonny.

Anna Devane is adjusting to life living in an apartment, while the Pikeman dangers loom in the background.

Meanwhile Ava is selling Wyndemere and Spoon Island for a cool $25 million. Will Cyrus be the buyer?

by Anonymousreply 600January 22, 2024 11:09 PM

Budding gayling Danny has adorable hair.

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2023 9:23 PM

Thanks for the new thread, OP.

Did Frank run out of money and couldn't afford a Rocco for Halloween?

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2023 10:04 PM

There were certainly plenty of kids running around.

Some of those kids I've never seen before.

And we've already seen Rocco before. albeit only a few times back in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2023 10:38 PM

Eden's mother died.

by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2023 10:43 PM

Poor Eden. This show is really cursed lately.

by Anonymousreply 5November 7, 2023 5:19 AM

I hate the younger cast!

by Anonymousreply 6November 7, 2023 6:06 PM

Y&R doesn't have anyone under 20 in its cast these days.

GH has so many youngsters, they need to open a on-set day care center.

Between the two shows, its from one extreme to another

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2023 6:11 PM

Charlotte's death could've shifted the dynamics of a number of relationships on the show, and been fodder for a lot of story (and performances). I guess Disney won't let them kill a kid.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2023 7:07 PM

If they're going to kill off Charlotte. Lulu really needs to be on the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2023 7:12 PM

R4 Very unfortunate. Even though some of us rag on Eden that's terrible. R.I.P. to her mother, sorry that happened.

R5 I'm trying not to think that, however it just seems like tragedy after tragedy for their cast. Evan Ellingson who guest-starred on GH as a teen in early 2000's) died on November 5th of a possible drug overdose (which was how his brother Austin died years ago)

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2023 11:06 PM

R8, haven’t plenty of child characters died over the years? It just seems like Charlotte is more valuable to the show alive than dead.

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2023 11:10 PM

Finola gave an interview where she expressed how disheartening it was to lose Anna's home. Although she was impressed with how they did it (she said it was taped late on a Friday night) she said that she had become accustomed to Anna having her own home and that she appreciated having her own set. While watching it burn, a production worker commented to her how he shared her sentiments about losing the set. Finola requested to keep a Captain Jack photograph that they were planning to burn as well; she placed it in her dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2023 11:10 PM

Maurice and Joshua did a live together where Joshua asked Maurice who did he prefer out of Sonny & Brenda vs. Sonny and Carly. Maurice responded, "That's a loaded question, I'll have to tell you once we're off of here." Joshua admitted that Sonny & Brenda were his favorite; Vanessa Marcil joined their live, commenting that she preferred Sonny & Carly. Vanessa has been pretty vocal lately about "never" wanting to return to GH and that they should just go ahead and recast Brenda.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2023 11:14 PM

Jon Lindstrom is showing a lot of love and support for John J. York on twitter. They must be very close. I hope all goes well for John, he found a match and sounds like he's having the procedure this week.

John is alive but still another sad situation going on at GH.

by Anonymousreply 14November 8, 2023 12:17 AM

Attention Whore Maurice decided to repackage his Tyler Christopher interview. And of course Mo shares how it affects HIM. Scumbag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 8, 2023 1:09 AM

R8 R9 Frank loves Scarlett Fernandez so much that it's interesting he even signed off on her tormenting Anna and being shot. He's not going to get rid of her; he only recasted because she didn't want to be vaccinated, so she returned when Disney lifted their mandate.

by Anonymousreply 16November 8, 2023 1:25 AM

This has MOs fingerprints all over the writers room. SONNY comes to Annas rescue? Seriously? I have said for a year that it was just a matter of time until Sonny screws Anna and here we are. Look out Laura. You're next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 8, 2023 3:26 AM

Someone mentioned Katherine Bell in the previous thread, in reference to Cody Bell, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't he raised by the Bell's, Katherine's family?

Katherine, who originally came to town under the name Katherine Crawford, was born Katie Bell; her mother was the cook for Dominique's family, the wealthy Stanton's. Katherine was a con-artist who was trying to bilk Scott out of Dominique's fortune; she also revealed that she was Dominique's half-sister (Dominique's father cheated on her mother with the cook, Ms. Bell) so Cody is more like his Aunt Katherine than mommy Dominique/daddy Mac.

by Anonymousreply 18November 8, 2023 9:44 AM

Also on Port Charles, they gave her another half-sister, Danielle Ashley (Renee Allman) via her father, Avery Stanton, along with their evil uncle Rex Stanton (portrayed by Wayne Northrop). Danielle was originally involved with hot doctor Jake Marshak (Rib Hillis)

by Anonymousreply 19November 8, 2023 9:50 AM

R14 They are extremely close, with a friendship spanning over 30 years now.

by Anonymousreply 20November 8, 2023 9:51 AM

Here's some tidbits from fans at an event hosted by Becky Herbst, Lisa LoCicero and Maura West if any of you are interested:

Becky admitted that the big Elizabeth anniversary storyline went off in a completely different direction than it was supposed to, confirming suspicions that the Finn/Reiko angle was a last minute decision.

Becky also said that Hudson has to get his haircut everytime he comes on set, which he despises, because he's prefer to grow it out.

Maura was initially offered the role of a recast Kate Howard, which she turned down (apparently, they were going to fire Kelly Sullivan and hand the role over to Maura) while also admitting that Ava was only scheduled to be a 5-episode role. Lisa reiterated how she was initially cast as Kate before the role was originally given to Megan Ward. Becky originally auditioned for Sarah Webber (who was initially named Nia Webber)

Becky said that she would prefer Greg Vaughan back as Lucky.

Lisa and Maura both stated how some of their male co-stars are better kissers than others, while some have different oral hygiene than others (Becky didn't touch that one). Maura said that Richard Burgi (Paul Hornsby) would playfully eat onions before having kissing scenes. Maura also admitted that she would purposely flirt with Wil de Vry in their Ava/Julian scenes together.

Maura adores both Trina actresses. Lisa loves the Ned/Eddie storyline. Lisa also shared how she loved the Johnny/Olivia love story, although she loves Ned/Olivia too. She has some upcoming scenes that were uncomfortable to film, causing her lose to two toenails in the process.

Becky stated how sometimes you can get emotional in supporting scenes that you have to reel it in and realize that it isn't about you, it's their moment; Maura mentioned how not everyone would do that 😆

by Anonymousreply 21November 8, 2023 10:21 AM

R17 Supposedly, the producers/temp writers were planning to have Anna turn to Sonny sexually once she found out about Valentin's secrecy, in regards to Charlotte. Sonny was supposed to find out about Nina's role in the SEC tip, leading the two of them to commiserate by sleeping together. Seems the writer's striking being resolved might have changed that, for if they were to go that angle, they would no longer be at the helm to write the fallout, since the original writers material is slated to began airing soon

by Anonymousreply 22November 8, 2023 10:29 AM

YES to Greg back as Lucky. Would love some Sam and Lucky!!!

by Anonymousreply 23November 8, 2023 8:25 PM

Is Bobbie going to die in Amsterdam?

by Anonymousreply 24November 8, 2023 8:33 PM

[quote]Is Bobbie going to die in Amsterdam?[/quote]

I guess it would make sense for one of the vets like Jane who worked with the JZ the longest to deliver the news. Or Genie or Kin. I wonder if they will delay the storyline now that Eden's mother has died.

by Anonymousreply 25November 8, 2023 10:08 PM

Steve and Bradford have a new podcast, Daily Drama.

LW's real laugh is the same as her Carly laugh and so fake and annoying sounding.

Steve hasn't invited Mo to be on his podcast because he himself is dodging being on State of Mind. I didn't realize SB had never been on Mo's show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 8, 2023 10:56 PM

^LW says "Kelly Thiebaud said WHAT HAPPENED?" when they broke up Jason/Britt for Jason/Carly. Yeah, I bet she did.

by Anonymousreply 27November 8, 2023 11:00 PM

We all said that! Britt and Jason really worked! Jarly didn’t work like that anymore for me. Had it been SJB or TB Carly? Yes!!!

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2023 6:29 PM

Ned’s underwater scenes certainly weren’t as titillating as Christopher Atkins in The Blue Lagoon.

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2023 8:33 PM

Maybe Anna can get pregnant by Sonny's magic penis.

His sperm can revitalize her dried up uterus and, cause new eggs to be created so she can carry another child.

Would be great if Anna and Nina both ended up pregnant by Sonny at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2023 10:37 PM

According to this video, Tyler who died on 10/31 had a fan event at the beginning of October where he told fans he was six weeks sober at that point. He also said at the event he hadn't seen his kids in eight months and had plans to see them on 10/15. It is unclear if he did get to see his kids on 10/15. It's all so sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 10, 2023 8:31 PM

Anna wouldn’t fall for Sonny. It’s a strange pairing but it’s fresh and at least entertaining. The actors work well together!

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2023 12:04 AM

Horrible episode today. The show has ruined its two most popular couples, Sprina and Vanna.

by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2023 3:39 AM

I dunno. First time I’ve ever been interested in Anna and Valentin today.

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2023 7:02 AM

I loved Anna and Valentin’s scenes today.

Spencer will never be successful in any relationship because he’s such a narcissist. I think his “not without my baby” stance is so ridiculous and yet so him.

by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2023 12:57 PM

Charlotte's a fickle little missy, isn't she? Anna (and Jason) rescued her from Cassandra, and THIS is how Charlotte repays her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2023 2:35 PM

Spencer is too much of an inherent asshole to really be a romantic lead. He needs to lean in to his nature and be Port Charles’s greatest supervillain. Surely he has $25 million stashed away in a jockstrap to buy Wyndemere.

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2023 2:59 PM

Speaking of which, it’s gotta be Nikolas behind the LLC that’s making an offer on Wyndemere, right?

by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2023 4:24 PM

I figured it was Nikolas or maybe Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 39November 11, 2023 4:58 PM

Rumors have Steve Burton returning pretty soon, although it's being kept under wraps to "surprise" the audience, forming a big Jason/Carly/Drew triangle. Since the mandate that Disney issued on the vaccine was lifted in May, he's supposedly wanted to return, once he wrapped up at DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 40November 13, 2023 6:20 PM

Hopefully Frank will not give in and hopefully Mo won't interfere again.

by Anonymousreply 41November 13, 2023 6:23 PM

Oh goody. Just what we need. Jason back and inserted into every storyline and every scene so he can meet his episode guarantees. Can't stand him and his face has aged like milk. Milk left out in the hot August sun.

by Anonymousreply 42November 13, 2023 6:25 PM

Sorry Disney dropped their mandate policy last November, not May at R40

by Anonymousreply 43November 13, 2023 6:31 PM

R41 😆 we'll see

R42 You don't mince words 😁

by Anonymousreply 44November 13, 2023 6:34 PM

Michael's ass is on full display (well in nice slacks without him wearing a jacket covering it) in today's episode.

by Anonymousreply 45November 13, 2023 7:01 PM

Have you guys enjoyed what was written under scabs/producers or are you anticipating CVE/DOC's returning material?

by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2023 8:51 PM

Nathan Varni tweeted that something big is happening this Friday, apparently something that "no one will see coming."

by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2023 8:52 PM

I think the scabs have done very well. But Frank has also been tightly controlling the story. I don't think they've veered too far from the Chris and Dan's vision for the show.

by Anonymousreply 48November 14, 2023 8:54 PM

I like the scabs better.

What won't we see coming? Cyrus kills Austin? Austin kills Cyrus? Austin and Cyrus kill each other? I have no problem with any of these scenarios. RoHo the cat has exhausted his nine lives on this show and I'm over Reverend Cyrus. They can both go.

I would like for the surprise to be Victor is alive and well and back from the dead. Maybe it was his twin that was killed?

by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2023 9:05 PM

R48 True except Frank seemed to approve a lot of their ideas. Also since they're producers that he has known for years instead of incoming writers, it made the transition somewhat easier for everyone involved. Frank is actually the main head writer regardless of who's writing under him 😁 so Chris and Dan's stories were still under his approval. Not everything that's happened since July 25th were what Chris, Dan and Korte wanted- the producers have altered some things, with Frank's permission of course.

by Anonymousreply 50November 14, 2023 9:20 PM

R49 A lot of viewers have stated they prefer the scabs as well, citing storyline movement as one key detail that they felt the original writers have problems with. Some are speculating that Jason or Lorenzo will be the surprise.

As for Austin, if they get rid of him, it's more than likely that Roger will return as another character, unless he decides to quit the show altogether. Victor, on the other hand, probably isn't even actually gone. The Cassadine's always return lol

by Anonymousreply 51November 14, 2023 9:24 PM

You know, I absolutely love Nina’s styling. Her clothes, hair, and makeup are all just perfect consistently.

by Anonymousreply 52November 14, 2023 9:30 PM

Don't recall where I read it but didn't talks fall through with Ted King?

Is it too soon for Jason? When did SB wrap up DOOL? I'd be happy to never see him again.

Another wish list return: Kelly Thiebaud as Britt's twin since twins runs in the family (Nina and her devil twins Nelle and Snarly suck up Willow). But again, wishful thinking, KT is rightfully pissed off at FV and will probably end up on of the other soaps.

by Anonymousreply 53November 14, 2023 9:33 PM

R53 Correct they did fall through initially, supposedly over compensation, then they were rumored to be talking again.

Since Days films at least six months ahead, he could have wrapped Days already while recently secretly filming at GH.

by Anonymousreply 54November 14, 2023 9:42 PM

R52 Did you feel the same about Michelle's Nina? When she was there, Nina's wardrobe was more expensive than any of the other characters.

by Anonymousreply 55November 14, 2023 9:43 PM

R55, I’ve only been watching since last year so I’ve got nothing to compare to, except some of her frumpy costars.

by Anonymousreply 56November 14, 2023 9:45 PM

Another rumor is that Robin Christopher is possibly returning as Skye. Some fans think that Blaze is her daughter, Lila Rae.

by Anonymousreply 57November 14, 2023 9:47 PM

R56 😆 😆 ok understood. Well there's a strict wardrobe budget at GH, a lot of their clothes are actually from TJ Maxx, among other stores similar to those, so that's probably why frumpy seems to be the norm.

by Anonymousreply 58November 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Wally Kurth also spoiled that there's a "special guest" this Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 59November 14, 2023 9:49 PM

Laura looks more like a therapist than a mayor, bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 60November 14, 2023 9:50 PM

Wally & Lisa Lo Cicero mentioned a "special guest" this Christmas in an interview, some think it's probably just Wally & Rena's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 61November 14, 2023 9:54 PM

R60 🤣 🤣

by Anonymousreply 62November 14, 2023 9:55 PM

More fan speculation has Jason being held hostage by Lorenzo and Cyrus as Austin's father, although that's been brewing for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 63November 14, 2023 10:00 PM

r57

Isn't Blaze the name that Luke called Skye?

by Anonymousreply 64November 14, 2023 10:13 PM

R64 I believe it was

by Anonymousreply 65November 14, 2023 10:24 PM

Enough with the resurrecting old characters—they need to focus on telling compelling stories with the ones they have.

by Anonymousreply 66November 15, 2023 1:32 AM

Presumably when Jane Elliot returns from her vacation, Tracey will return to Port Charles and announce Bobbie has died.

by Anonymousreply 67November 15, 2023 1:34 AM

I hope Skye and Lilia Rae are back. Skye with Luke was my favorite Luke pairing.

by Anonymousreply 68November 15, 2023 2:03 AM

Today marks the 42nd wedding anniversary of Luke & Laura, a two-day event (November 16th-17th) that brought in 30 million viewers, the highest ratings ever for a daytime serial. Somewhere, TG is ignoring any references to this 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Steve and Bradford'a podcast had Kate Mansi as a guest. She spoiled that it's full steam ahead on Kristina and Blaze (Kraze) along with her being Molly and TJ's new surrogate (which of course was the original plan all along). Kate also praised Frank for being accommodating, which Steve sort of brushed off; either he's playing off his return (he's claiming that he's not done at DOOL) or talks between him and ABC fell through.

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2023 9:20 PM

Was Dex wearing a wig today? Also, Maura West was on fire. Love that gal.

by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2023 9:21 PM

Ingo is crying on social media about how being fired from GH has caused him depression, weight gain and his children having to be torn from all that they loved and move to Florida. Obviously, he's prepping the appeal of his case against ABC which he lost and laying the groundwork on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2023 9:24 PM

I watched Kate Mansi on Steve and Bradford's rebranded podcast. Steve seemed kind of bored with her, lol. She was rather long winded about her childhood with tons of minutiae. Is Frank going to scold her for the spoilers or is she a new protected favorite of his?

by Anonymousreply 73November 16, 2023 9:30 PM

[quote] Ingo is crying on social media

You move to a shithole like Florida and, yeah, your kids might hate you.

And if he'd gotten vaxxed, he'd probably blame the depression and weight gain on that.

by Anonymousreply 74November 16, 2023 10:13 PM

R71 Maura definitely brought it, as usual when she's given the right material. She was incredible on ATWT and still is to this day.

by Anonymousreply 75November 16, 2023 10:34 PM

R73 Lol Kate's one of Frank's protected favorites, so she most likely won't have to deal with any reprimands from him, combined with the fact that she's still fairly new there. She might not exactly be aware of his stance on spoilers; Steve kept saying "Spoiler Alert, Spoiler Alert" iirc. Yes he did seem fairly bored lol Bradford was more engaged than Steve.

by Anonymousreply 76November 16, 2023 10:38 PM

Boo hoo for Ingo.

Not understanding how refusing to get the vax means Ingo and family had to move to Florida. Why move?

Ingo had been working as a lifeguard for LA County. Couldn't he get other work somewhere in Southern California. Why was he forced to move to Florida? So, he would be protected by Ron DeSantis?

by Anonymousreply 77November 17, 2023 5:09 PM

Who shot Austin?!?!

And who will Roger Howarth return as next? Temp Spencer?

by Anonymousreply 78November 18, 2023 1:20 AM

Oh, that was Austin? I thought I was shooting Anna. My bad!

by Anonymousreply 79November 18, 2023 1:57 AM

Well, this interstitial bumper billboard thing on Hulu changed photos from roger howarth to Laura wright yesterday…

Note they did not change the image when he changed fro Franco to Austin…

He may be gone for real.

by Anonymousreply 80November 18, 2023 2:20 AM

Drew/Mathison next, please.

by Anonymousreply 81November 18, 2023 8:47 AM

R45 I noticed that. White boy got a NOICE ass.

by Anonymousreply 82November 18, 2023 10:22 AM

supposedly it's confirmed on the twit that RH is out but I can't find it

by Anonymousreply 83November 18, 2023 10:32 AM

What a waste of a great actor! Why couldn’t they take the time and create a character who had lasting power or even left an impact on the canvas? Love Roger sorry to see this come to an end possibly for real this time…

by Anonymousreply 84November 18, 2023 2:29 PM

I caught the video on X of RoHo talking in his car but I can't find it again now. It's unusual as he never had a social media presence until very recently. He goes on about his gratitude for the Liz and Franco story and how sweet and well thought out it was and how important it is to be grateful for the good things in life. He doesn't touch upon current situation at all, just gratitude and focusing on gratitude. I guess that says it all.

by Anonymousreply 85November 18, 2023 2:46 PM

I want Todd to return!!

by Anonymousreply 86November 18, 2023 3:07 PM

Long Lost Q has Roger's video on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 87November 18, 2023 3:08 PM

Roger may be out but that doesn't mean he's gone for good.

In 2015, we said sayonara to Dr. Silas Clay, played by Micheal Easton.

Less than a year later, we were saying hello to Dr. Hamilton Finn, played by Michael Easton.

by Anonymousreply 88November 18, 2023 10:16 PM

I want a real wild card to be the shooter, like Aunt Stella.

by Anonymousreply 89November 18, 2023 10:19 PM

I can't believe I'm saying this because JK is a good actor but I'm over Cyrus and he can go now too.

by Anonymousreply 90November 18, 2023 10:28 PM

[quote]I'm over Cyrus and he can go now too.

So far, Cyrus hasn't really done anything. He's making veiled threats to Austin and Mason and Trina; trying to be nice to his sister Laura.

Being a menace only goes so far. He needs to do something to show he's a bad ass and a real threat to Sonny's empire and establish there's going to be a power struggle in Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 91November 18, 2023 11:10 PM

I don't understand how these small fan events make money. Just saw X photos of JPS and FH's fan event this weekend at Uncle Vinnie's on the East Coast. Looks like there is maybe 12 fans there tops. How much did these people pay for tickets? $100? That's only $1,200. How does that cover the celebrity's fee, air fare, etc? Am I underestimating how much the fans are paying for tickets? Are they paying $500? Still doesn't seem like enough to cover costs. All the fans look like average blue collar folks.

Same thing last week. Photos of Maura and Lisa Lo Cicero's dinner with fans. Maybe a dozen fans at the dinner. How is this feasible? Or are there more fans in attendance who are camera shy not being shown?

by Anonymousreply 92November 19, 2023 9:24 PM

R92, these things usually draw around 100 people. You’re not seeing all of the attendees in the shots.

by Anonymousreply 93November 19, 2023 9:38 PM

RH should have stayed as Todd. If not Todd then they should have crafted a long running connected to the canvas character. Wish they used RH’s ability to play a great complex villian. Like a scheming Q or an evil Cassadine. Franco with those highlights made no sense and Austin was never a realized character.

ME should have been John Mcbain. Hated Silas and could take or leave Finn. He works so well as a villain. Caleb. Wish he had been Valentine Cassadine or a darker character. The heroic doctor trope doesn’t suit him.

by Anonymousreply 94November 19, 2023 9:46 PM

[quote]Was Dex wearing a wig today?

I wondered the same thing. Hair certainly looked puffier than the last time we saw Dex.

Could have been a wig. Or it could have just been Evan let his hair grow out some and these were the first scenes filmed after a break.

Not sure which style I like better.

by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2023 12:11 AM

Apparently, Roger told his fans privately in a Zoom call that he didn't think he would re-sign his contract when it became up this year. You guys are right about his sudden social media presence, making statements about storylines he enjoyed, etc. Rumors are that he decided to walk because he was never invested in Austin, which was a last minute decision since ABC decided against bringing Todd back, which was what Frank and the writers were initially planning to do.

Allegedly (if Austin's really gone, which he seems to be) Nathan Varni (who originally leaked that there would be a "big surprise") has been working out a way to get Todd back on GH, as a way to keep Roger from completely walking away from the show. Pairing Austin with Ava was a last ditch effort to make Austin stick, for Nathan loves Ava and Roger, so having them together was primarily his idea. Roger has also told fans at an event that he "misses Ron Carlivati' and his writing," so DOOL would definitely jump on the chance to obtain him if they're unsuccessful in bringing back Todd.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2023 12:25 PM

How can they bring Todd back if ABC has a "no rapists" rule? Isn't that why Franco was killed off?

ME needs to go too. These guys are making big bucks for little return on investment.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2023 12:33 PM

R97 Correct, they did apply a "no rapists" rule, which facilitated Franco's exit and banned a return from Todd. However, Nathan Varni is apparently trying to figure out a way to sign off on Todd returning, combined with Disney in the process of selling off ABC for the right price, things are slightly different.

by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2023 12:58 PM

R97 Another thing that should be mentioned is that Nathan Varni wasn't in charge of GH when they originally wrote Franco off and tried to bring Todd back into the fold. Nathan was away from GH for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons (Franco was killed off in March of 2021) returning in Autumn 2021, so he wasn't there when they were initially in negotiations with Disney to revive Todd.

Another key difference is Bob Iger wasn't the CEO of Disney when they got rid of Franco as well; he had stepped down in December 2020 and was replaced by Bob Chapek from 2020-2022, with Bob Iger resuming his position ironically on this day, November 20th, 2022 (which was also around the time Disney removed their vaccine mandate) after Bob Chapek was dismissed by Disney. With Bob Iger back at the helm along with Nathan Varni back as well, the chances of Todd returning are more likely, only if Roger wants to stay, of course.

by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2023 1:16 PM

*Nathan Varni returned to GH during the 2021-2022 season I should say, not necessarily at the start of Autumn, however during that season. Ironically, that's the same exact season that GH went off the rails, imo, which was also around the time they imposed the vaccine mandate/Steve Burton's exit (around November 2021)

by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2023 1:20 PM

Rebecca Budig keeps in touch with the little Violet actress.

What's the deal with Rebecca? Why the lack of follow up with her Hayden character? Is Rebecca too expensive for GH or what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2023 2:15 PM

R101 Frank just isn't interested in bringing her back. Rebecca also keeps in touch with Michael Easton, he's like one of her good friends (so much so that there were rumors of them cheating on their spouses with each other, because they were really close at work).

There was a pay discrepancy where she was deemed "too expensive" around the time of her exit, however she has also stated that she's willing to return. Ironically, she also said that there wasn't really a conclusion to Hayden's story.

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2023 3:11 PM

When she was on Mo's show, Rebecca said she was having postpartum issues and ME noticed she was struggling and offered her support. Of course, that could just be a cover story for an affair, lol.

Weren't there rumors of ME and KellyM. on that GH spin off? If so, ME gets around. I'm not a fan of his but I hadn't watched OLTL since the late 80s and I never watched the GH spin off.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2023 3:27 PM

R103 Right she has mentioned him helping her with her postpartum depression, however they were just a little too close to one another for others' comfort. 😁

There were rumors of Michael and Kelly messing around on Port Charles lol even though he had his wife while she had her then long-term boyfriend (who left her after practically 20 years of being together). Remember Frank has always had the biggest crush on him as well, "allegedly."

by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2023 3:48 PM

Cameron Mathison is going all in on the Great American Homophobia Channel. Can we get rid of Drew now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2023 4:03 PM

R105 Would you rather trade Drew in for Jason?

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2023 4:08 PM

I would prefer neither, R106.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2023 4:12 PM

Roger H. and Alicia Minshew (Kendall, AMC) enthusiastically congratulating Cameron on his deal with homophobic network...

Maybe he can help religiously persecuted, fat, depressed, Floridian Ingo get a job there.

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2023 6:09 PM

Roger's goodbye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2023 6:13 PM

Nice exit interview with Soap Opera Digest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2023 6:22 PM

Howarth’s exit is freeing up the budget to bring back Steve Burton. This show is seriously stuck.

by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2023 8:01 PM

Not a fan of Jason at this point and don't especially want to see him return.

That said, Jason's character has more of a purpose on the show that Austin Gatlin-Holt ever did.

by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2023 8:04 PM

Steve and Ingo were both let go when they refused to get vaccinated.

Rehiring Steve at this point would give greater credence to Ingo's lawsuit about the vax mandate.

Could end up costing ABC and Disney a lot of money to rehire Steve.

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2023 8:07 PM

r113

Maybe Steve changed his stance?

by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2023 8:42 PM

R107 Others share your sentiment 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2023 8:47 PM

R113 You think so, even though they lifted the mandate? If anything, I was thinking they could use Ingo's behavior on set, in particularly his comments that offended Cassandra James (Terry) which sort of ostracized him even more in the workplace.

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2023 8:50 PM

R114 No he's still an anti-vaxxer. The Disney vaccine mandate was lifted last November when they were in the process of rehiring Bob Iger as CEO and firing Bob Chapek.

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2023 8:52 PM

R109 R110 You guys don't think that he'll return as Todd? Pretty sure that's the only way to lure him back, instead of another new character from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2023 8:54 PM

R111 There's a rumor about that. There's another one that Frank fired him, which is in line with Frank firing actors around the holidays. However, Roger apparently told his fans on a Zoom call two years ago (right around the time Austin first popped onscreen) that he didn't think he'd re-sign when his contract was up. He's always loved working with Maura, so putting them together was a way to make Austin click. Although Maura loves working with him too, she apparently came to the realization that Ava/Austin weren't working (and so did Roger).

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2023 8:58 PM

Ava/Nik fans are also enjoying this because they feel that their couple was sacrificed for Ava/Austin.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2023 9:00 PM

What is it going to take to get wooden cartoon actor Cameron fired?

by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2023 9:02 PM

R121 Steve coming back for Laura Wright 😁

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2023 9:05 PM

Ingo's appeal has not been filed at this point, let alone approved. So its moot at this point.

But he seems to be angling that being fired left him depressed which caused him to gain weight and that the family had to move to Florida, presumably for cheaper living expenses. That will be the basis of his appeal.

Ingo's behavior on set has been fine. He's spouted all sorts of conservative and/or MAGA ideas on Twitter. He also went off on transgenders, insulting castmate Cassandra James in the process. That may have made things uncomfortable among his castmates.

by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2023 9:12 PM

[quote] Rehiring Steve at this point would give greater credence to Ingo's lawsuit about the vax mandate.

Ingo's lawsuit has already been argued in court with a decision rendered. He lost. It would simply be up to an appellate court to look at that case -- as already presented -- in order to find a reason to overturn the decision. New evidence isn't a factor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2023 11:11 PM

Roger Howarth as Peter Blake?

by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2023 11:21 PM

R123 Well his on set behavior wasn't exactly "fine" however there have been worse cases, including that whole group he was in which included Maurice, Steve, Johnny Wactor and Marcus Coloma, so if he were to go down, then it wouldn't exactly be fair if they didn't to (one such incident consisted of them making fun of an actress, not Cassandra James though). I'm not saying ingo is a horrible person, I'm just saying that he's not exactly a saint either.

Laura Wright "allegedly" having Robert Palmer Watkins fired because he wouldn't have sex with her is still one of the most egregious cases of bad behavior on set, yet she still has her job to this day. If she were a man, known as "Laurence Wright," it probably would've came to light and "Carl Lee" would be portrayed by someone else entirely.

by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2023 11:24 PM

R125 Some have already suggested Wil de Vry for that role, yet Roger fits too. Roger has already admitted to his fans (at a fan event) that he misses Ron and his writing.

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2023 11:26 PM

Actually R123 I'm assuming you're R124 as well, even though it is a moot point as you say, what do you think the chances are of him winning his appeal? He's definitely making it clear that ever since he was let go from GH, he's experiencing an extreme hardship. B&B even chose to bring back Winsor Harmon as Thorne, who granted is more recognizable in the part than Ingo, however Ingo was the most recent actor to portray him. Also Ingo was working as a lifeguard in LA, did he indicate why that's no longer the case?

by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2023 11:32 PM

Now I'm curious who IR, SB, MB, Wactor and Coloma were making fun of. So glad Wactor and Coloma got fired. MW tweeted a lovely goodbye to Roger. Don't recall her doing the same for creepy Level 7 Scientologist Coloma.

That fact that Kin is such good buddies with Coloma makes me dislike Kin. JPS and FH being besties with Stafford also gives me pause about them.

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2023 11:36 PM

R128 I'm not R123.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2023 11:53 PM

R129 It was an unnamed actress in mentions of their behavior. I doubt it was Nancy, for they were more vocal about her. Maurice laughed once when Ingo lamented to him that he had to work with her; Ingo wasn't looking forward to it at all.

by Anonymousreply 131November 21, 2023 3:35 AM

R130 Oh sorry 😁

by Anonymousreply 132November 21, 2023 3:36 AM

Has MO come out yet to talk about RH leaving? Surely he must share with the world how this effects him...

by Anonymousreply 133November 21, 2023 3:45 AM

Roger Howarth would make a decent recast of Nick Marone on BB.

by Anonymousreply 134November 21, 2023 4:29 AM

Maxie and Liz are Kryptonite. Both losers and every guy they get paired with ends up on the chopping block. Finn is probably the next pink slip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 21, 2023 4:41 AM

[quote] B&B even chose to bring back Winsor Harmon as Thorne, who granted is more recognizable in the part than Ingo, however Ingo was the most recent actor to portray him.

Ingo was on contract as Thorne for a year 2017-18 . However, B&B brought Winsor back for a day in 2022 for the 35th anniversary. Winsor and Jack Wagner both returned in a show featuring many of Brooke's lovers, including Ridge and Bill Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 136November 21, 2023 6:57 AM

For the bored------->>LINK----> GH 30th anniversary. This was Pre-Sonny so GH still had a hopeful optimistic feel. Molly Shannon!! Cute Scott..Hot Jagger..Handsome Mac...A behind the scenes walk thru.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 21, 2023 9:21 AM

R136 Right, I've forgotten all about that B&B anniversary episode

by Anonymousreply 138November 21, 2023 10:05 AM

Roger seems blindsided by Frank's decision in his exit interview, however since he was already debating whether or not to re-sign his contract for at least two years, Frank must've somehow caught wind of that and made the decision for him. I still wouldn't be surprised if this is all part of a plan to bring him back as Todd. If not, then definitely one of the other soaps will take him, if he's willing to go.

Roger has a new grandson who's in NY if I'm not mistaken; he used to commute back and forth from NY to LA for years until he finally got an apartment in LA. Being away from soaps for a moment can give him extra time to spend with his family (at one point, his son was estranged from him and even wanted to change his last name from his father's)

by Anonymousreply 139November 21, 2023 10:11 AM

“Let’s not write anything good for that doctor guy because that Adam kid is way better”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 21, 2023 10:34 AM

JPS is expected to be out for at least six months, according to him, so he can film a project. NAC is still scheduled to leave for the Ryan Murphy project and isn't exactly slated to return, if the length of his time away coincides with the conclusion of his contract (rumors are Frank will recast). Then there's CM who will be off filming those movies- so there will possibly be a shortage of men in town with Val, Spencer and Drew all away, unless Frank has them tape scenes that he'll spread out while they're gone

by Anonymousreply 141November 21, 2023 10:35 AM

R140 Why is his name Wright, hopefully he's not named after Laura Wright 😁

by Anonymousreply 142November 21, 2023 10:37 AM

Cameron Mathison also needs to be given his walking papers. I'm sure he also commands a high salary and he brings nothing to the table, nothing.

I hope the shortage of men doesn't give LW the opportunity to campaign for her boyfriend to return to fill in the gap.

by Anonymousreply 143November 21, 2023 10:43 AM

GH will air a brand new episode this Thanksgiving, which isn't what they usually do (2015 was the last time they did, if I'm not mistaken) yet they are slightly behind this year (because of preemptions) so this is a way to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 144November 21, 2023 10:43 AM

R103 Do you also remember the rumors about Roger and Becky Herbst possibly messing around some years ago as well? Becky's fans were pissed and tried to shut those rumors down.

by Anonymousreply 145November 21, 2023 10:46 AM

R143 Please don't put that out there 😁 she's supposedly already salty about others getting to come back as other characters while her boytoy hasn't been invited back for a do over.

by Anonymousreply 146November 21, 2023 10:49 AM

According to SOD, Mathison’s Great American Family deal somehow won’t affect his GH duties.

What’s JPS’s conflict? Another season of Villains Of Valley View? Six months seems too long for a 10-episode multicam.

NAC is allegedly set to film from mid-Dec. thru February, which explains why he’s gone pretty dark on social media since Netflix likely has him embargoed to hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 21, 2023 4:57 PM

Roger really manages to say very little in this Soap Digest exit interview.

He informs us that Frank chose not renew his contract, but otherwise doesn't reveal anything. It definitely reads like he's holding back. Holding a lot back.

I wouldn't be surprised if his next move isn't already in the works. Maybe a trip to Salem where he'll show up as Tommy Horton, Jr., great-grandson of Tom and Alice. Or maybe a return trip to Port Charles as Todd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 21, 2023 5:37 PM

Last time JPS was doing Villains of Valley, he stayed at MEK's house which is located mid-way between the two studios so he could do both shows and not have a long commute. Saw an interview of MEK's on youtube and JPS was in the background doing laundry and preparing caprese salad for their lunch. It was adorable. lol.

by Anonymousreply 149November 21, 2023 5:38 PM

That’s very cute, R149.

by Anonymousreply 150November 21, 2023 5:45 PM

Link to the video of MEK?

by Anonymousreply 151November 21, 2023 5:58 PM

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 21, 2023 6:24 PM

Thanks r152. That was cute.

JPS may have just been staying overnight, but they sure came across as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 153November 21, 2023 6:41 PM

Was that Mitzi yipping in the background?

by Anonymousreply 154November 21, 2023 6:56 PM

R148 Really think he's returning as Todd. Frank likes Roger almost as much as he likes Michael Easton, so it would've taken Roger to say or do something for Frank to let him go like he did. Apparently, Frank told Roger it was for storyline reasons. Roger had suggested that he wasn't sure if he wanted to re-sign, however that was when Austin was languishing with Maxie. He's considered leaving a few times, yet Frank would accommodate him so he could stay.

by Anonymousreply 155November 21, 2023 7:04 PM

R147 Supposedly it's for Villains of the Valley. They're apparently behind schedule because of the writers/actors striking. Remember he's also on recurring (always, by his own choice) so he could also be using that time off for his own personal time, however only the Disney show is his only known main outside project.

by Anonymousreply 156November 21, 2023 7:15 PM

It makes me feel old when I see "Tad the Cad" looking like someone's grandpa. Aging is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 157November 21, 2023 7:19 PM

Rumor has a man from the past on his way back to GH

by Anonymousreply 158November 21, 2023 7:19 PM

David Hamilton?

by Anonymousreply 159November 21, 2023 7:25 PM

Damian Smith?

by Anonymousreply 160November 21, 2023 7:28 PM

R159 R160 Good guesses. No clue, they're keeping it too secret. You know how much Frank likes to surprise the audience. He likes the old school way soaps would try to not give too much away.

by Anonymousreply 161November 21, 2023 8:08 PM

*The old school way when soaps would try not to give too much away

by Anonymousreply 162November 21, 2023 8:09 PM

Is there any way to resurrect Duke? Stranger things have happened on soaps and I like Ian Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 163November 21, 2023 8:10 PM

*Keeping it top secret.

by Anonymousreply 164November 21, 2023 8:11 PM

R163 It's possible. Griffin was supposed to be Anna and Duke's baby that she miscarried, so they could always revisit that too. However, Ian didn't seem too happy, nor did Finola, with how their reunion was written (although that was under RC)

by Anonymousreply 165November 21, 2023 8:13 PM

The Anna and Duke reunion went nowhere. Once they were together, Ron just ignored the story entirely. It was such a letdown after the excitement of the real Duke coming back.

When Robin returned and interrupted Patrick and Sabrina's wedding, Ron didn't do much with Robin and Patrick either. Again, a huge letdown after the excitement of interrupted wedding.

Ron didn't know how to write the little romantic moments that fans love. And for a reunion like that of Anna and Duke or Patrick and Robin, it was those little romantic moments that meant so much to the fans.

When fans called him out on not writing those little romantic moments, Ron said something about it being "boring."

Since he's been at Days, Ron has gotten better about writing in those romantic moments. But he's also got a staff of very experienced script writers who are skilled at handling those moments.

by Anonymousreply 166November 21, 2023 8:30 PM

Alcazar feels like the return. Especially with “Blaze” as potentially Lila Rae. Sonny needs a viable rival.

by Anonymousreply 167November 21, 2023 8:59 PM

R168 Not a really big fan of Ron's? 😁

by Anonymousreply 168November 21, 2023 9:04 PM

Lol R166 I meant to address that to you at R168

by Anonymousreply 169November 21, 2023 9:05 PM

R167 Yeah he's been rumored back for awhile now. Initially talks fell through, supposedly due to what was being offered, however they were also possibly back on. Especially now with Roger out (even if it's only for the time being) that frees up the budget.

by Anonymousreply 170November 21, 2023 9:10 PM

Actually r166, I am a HUGE fan of Ron.

I think he's doing great things at Days and did good things at GH too. He's grown as a writer in the past 15 years and look forward to see more of his work.

However, I also recognize that Ron has his shortcomings, one of which was not being able to write romance, especially romantic reunions -- Anna and Duke and then Patrick and Robin being the prime examples on GH.

He also has a huge ego and did not take criticism well. He should stay off social media entirely. His behavior on social media helped alienate him from the viewers while he was at GH.

by Anonymousreply 171November 21, 2023 9:24 PM

There was more to that Duke return story. The entire story was changed then scrapped. There was a major behind the scenes issue. Then a quick wrap up.

by Anonymousreply 172November 21, 2023 10:32 PM

r172

what was the original plan?

by Anonymousreply 173November 21, 2023 11:15 PM

Yes, what was the original plan for Duke's return?

Why was there so much network interference with GH back in 2012-13.

AJ's return during that same time also had lots of network interference.

by Anonymousreply 174November 21, 2023 11:19 PM

For a show full of mob characters, show didn't do much with Duke's mob history when they brought him back a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 175November 22, 2023 5:36 PM

Charlotte is such a fucking stupid cunt. How can she be the only person in Port Charles to not know Grandpa Victor was a terrible person not to be trusted? Fuck some sense into her, Jake.

by Anonymousreply 176November 22, 2023 7:14 PM

How long until Austin’s body is discovered?

by Anonymousreply 177November 22, 2023 10:31 PM

Sorry but Jake can't pull off straight.

by Anonymousreply 178November 22, 2023 10:50 PM

Maybe in comparison to Aiden…

by Anonymousreply 179November 23, 2023 12:52 PM

Or Danny, who is apparently a football fan. I guess I could see him as a cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 180November 23, 2023 10:43 PM

Emma was a nice surprise!

by Anonymousreply 181November 24, 2023 12:29 AM

I couldn't make out half of what Emma said. No I wasn't drinking on Thanksgiving. She mumbles.

by Anonymousreply 182November 24, 2023 11:20 AM

Emma should've gone over and whooped Charlotte's ass.

by Anonymousreply 183November 24, 2023 2:15 PM

Why didn't Laura bring Spencer along to tell Charlotte not to believe a word Victor said because he too fell for Victor lies and Victor was a lying liar who lied.

by Anonymousreply 184November 24, 2023 3:43 PM

Spencer might have bitchslapped her.

by Anonymousreply 185November 24, 2023 4:49 PM

Sean Kanan is on twitter selling his weight loss coaching service. $100 for initial Zoom consultation. Serious inquiries only.

by Anonymousreply 186November 25, 2023 12:15 PM

^^^ What is that? A referral to someone who can prescribe Ozempic?

by Anonymousreply 187November 25, 2023 7:14 PM

R159 love your choice

Cyrus should have been David’s relative

by Anonymousreply 188November 25, 2023 7:46 PM

Kanan HAS dropped a ton of weight

by Anonymousreply 189November 25, 2023 7:55 PM

I’m surprised Michael Sutton (stone) never got in on the play-a-new-character game.

by Anonymousreply 190November 26, 2023 5:41 AM

I cannot believe GH is trying to make Mo Jr a thing. Do we really need a Soap Nepo baby taking up airtime?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 26, 2023 8:38 AM

When were Sam and Patrick a thing? Was it before Sabrina or after?

by Anonymousreply 192November 26, 2023 1:21 PM

Always surprised they never brought MS back as another character maybe just too iconic as Stone.

by Anonymousreply 193November 26, 2023 4:49 PM

Will we ever see SJB back as a third character? Why does that only apply to the men? Loved her Carly and Claudia!

by Anonymousreply 194November 26, 2023 5:06 PM

I’d take Tamara back as Carly in a heartbeat let LW be Courtney. Always felt like that would have been a better fit!

by Anonymousreply 195November 26, 2023 5:19 PM

I don't think we will see TB back - ever. Her Emmy acceptance speech said it all. She said "I want to thank the kind ones at GH". No mention of Frank. No fawning or over thanking or even excitement, nothing

I think she had a really miserable time at GH. Probably too soon to speak negatively, but the truth is I think BM made her job really difficult with his refusal to engage. It was reported here that she was originally brought back to be Carly as LW was planning to jump ship to Y&R to be with JFP and SB but then they both got canned and she stayed at GH. Must have been very awkward for TB plus she didn't get what she signed up for. Supposedly LW doesn't make it easy for actresses not slated to take over her role, so I can't imagine what she's like with someone who was in fact slated to take over her role.

by Anonymousreply 196November 26, 2023 5:52 PM

Laura Wright doesn't have a good reputation among some fans, but she learned how to survive at GH and I can't fault her for that. General Hospital has one of the most dysfunctional sets in daytime. Yes, I know that Days got all the press about Albert Alaar, but GH is way more dysfunctional than that. They've got to navigate producer drama, actor drama, and network drama. Wright just plays the game.

by Anonymousreply 197November 26, 2023 6:03 PM

If playing the game means getting the Dillon actor sacked and inflicting her miscast boyfriend on the viewers for five years then her game is more than just survival in a cutthroat workplace.

Also, there's a kerfuffle circulating on twitter about a promo photo of her with Chad and Steve where her pose is less motherly and more girlfriend with Chad. The photo is from 2017 which would have been around the time of her divorce. Was she going after all the younger guys trying to find one to make her ex-husband jealous? Then she found a younger guy and punished us with him.

by Anonymousreply 198November 26, 2023 6:51 PM

TB's problem was with Mo and Steve Burton. They were awful to her.

by Anonymousreply 199November 27, 2023 3:08 AM

R199 They were also terrible to Kimberly M...(Robin)....And she was a lot younger.

by Anonymousreply 200November 27, 2023 3:14 AM

MB/SB were awful to TB this last time or during her original stint? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 201November 27, 2023 3:25 AM

Laura Wright is a gullible beard. Wes Ramsey is into men. He had a few boyfriends back in NYC in the 90s

by Anonymousreply 202November 27, 2023 4:35 AM

R194 I loved Claudia too. She rocked. LINK...PROMO.....Claudia/Sonny...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203November 27, 2023 5:11 AM

Taj Bellow (TJ) and Josh Kelly (Cody BELL) at some Thanksgiving parade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 27, 2023 10:56 AM

MB should have kissed TB’s ass since she was the only pairing he’s been in that had any heat! Even when Brenda came back it was never the same.

by Anonymousreply 205November 27, 2023 3:36 PM

When Lois took the appetizer out of her mother’s hand it looks like she set it down on the bench they were sitting on. Have these people not heard of plates or napkins?

by Anonymousreply 206November 27, 2023 7:23 PM

What kind of whore wears a midriff-baring outfit to a family Thanksgiving?

by Anonymousreply 207November 27, 2023 7:24 PM

Another Sarah Brown = Claudia Promo with backstage soundbites. Claudia was kick ass from day one. MB doesn't exactly sound sincere. Hot Brandon Barash seems glad she was there. I still cannot believe GH let him get away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208November 27, 2023 9:41 PM

Why put Spencer in those baggy, formless shorts after he gets out of bed with Trina? Briefs or trunks next time, pls.

by Anonymousreply 209November 28, 2023 11:58 AM

R171 Ron really has grown as a writer and as a person somewhat lol he's not as petty as he used to be, although he still has some traits of pettiness.

Admittedly, he's not really too keen on romance in the sense that he prefers messiness and drama instead of writing "sappy" love stories, a prime example is his habit of having couples jump from bed to bed on DOOL. However, he has seemed to have grown somewhat in that aspect as well.

Those social media interactions were interesting, to say the least lol he definitely alienated plenty of viewers with his responses to their criticism of his writing; a lot of those interactions even turned "threatening" (Ron allegedly "threatened" people, including a student) according to some, although he could've just been speaking out of turn in the midst of their argument.

by Anonymousreply 210November 29, 2023 11:23 AM

R174 Brian Frons exit in December 2011 is what led to more network interference in 2012-2013 from executives Vicki Dummer and Lisa Hackner, who would critique Ron's writing, along with certain actors (Maurice, for example) who would contact them in an effort to have Ron alter storylines that they didn't agree with.

One such story was Michael alienating Sonny in favor of AJ; Maurice went ballistic (he's admitted to disliking that story with a passion) and Frank/the executives ran interference on his behalf, infuriating Ron. Then Sean Kanan had a falling out with Ron over the way AJ was being written, resulting in Ron making AJ look even more pathetic (Ron had a habit of passive-aggressively taking out his frustrations with actors who critiqued him in his writing of their characters) including taking jabs at Sean's weight gain. Sean stated that he liked Frank, yet he couldn't deal with Ron, which is similar to what Maurice says.

by Anonymousreply 211November 29, 2023 11:38 AM

R192 Sam and Patrick were together post-Sabrina. It was after Sam being involved with Silas and the Nina fiasco; Jason Thompson left GH because he felt that Patrick was being wasted and he knew that the plan was for Sam to have a reunion with Billy's Jason, so Jill Farren Phelps brought him over to Y&R (and supposedly paid him more than what GH was paying him)

by Anonymousreply 212November 29, 2023 11:43 AM

I remember the jabs at Sean's weight. Was Ron to thank for the ridiculous Pickle-Lila storyline? Poor Jane Elliot.

I loathe Maurice and his "acting" has been awful for quite a few years now. Sputtering, stilted, choppy acting while blatantly reading cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 213November 29, 2023 11:50 AM

R193 That's most likely the reason. Michael Sutton is now a top selling real estate agent in LA (which a lot of former soap stars have become successful at) and he's still close friends with his "mentor" Maurice.

Interesting enough, idk if you remember, Antonio Sabato Jr. was campaigning, practically begging for Frank and Ron to rehire him at GH. The rumor is that Maurice was against it, for he "allegedly" didn't want Jagger to overshadow Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 214November 29, 2023 11:56 AM

R213 😆 Ron was definitely responsible for Pickle-Lila. It was his homage to Lila having to sell pickles after Edward lost their fortune iirc

by Anonymousreply 215November 29, 2023 11:58 AM

R194 Anything's possible, however she's known to be a handful (in her defense, she has experienced a lot of trauma in her life) which Frank probably isn't willing to deal with.

She quit as Carly (in 2001) because she wanted to try her luck in prime-time and film. Incoming producer Jill Farren Phelps tried to convince her to stay, however Sarah had already made up her mind that it was time to go (she initially planned to leave a year earlier, for the same reasons, along with a desire to get away from then Executive Producer Wendy Riche, who Sarah couldn't stand) however the network talked her into staying for at least one more year).

Jill wanted to bring in either Gina Tognoni or Robin Christopher from OLTL in as Carly; both actresses were interested, however the network (primarily Felicia Minei-Behr, who had issues with Jill) refused, citing their OLTL roles as being too recognizable to all of a sudden jump ship to GH as Carly. That's when Jill was forced to recast, where she chose Tamara Braun. Incoming head writer Megan McTavish detested the character of Carly; since Jill couldn't land one of her faves as Carly, she signed off on Megan's decision to kill Carly off (this was within six months of Tamara's hiring). Maurice caught wind of this, so he went over their heads to the network (primarily Felicia) and talked her into stopping them from killing Carly off, thus saving Tamara's job (even though he and Tamara eventually fell out).

When Tamara quit, Jill (and the network) tried to convince her to stay, yet she refused (Tamara and Jill had a screaming match one day on set, which played into her decision to quit) so they contacted Sarah, asking her to reprise Carly for at least six months (after asking Tamara to stay an additional six months) yet she turned them down as well (Sarah was fresh off a short stint as Julia Larrabee on As The World Turns). The reason behind the "six months" was because Jill already had Laura Wright in mind as Carly; however, she still had six months left on her contract as Cassie on Guiding Light, so Jill and Brian Frons had to wait. Jennifer Bransford was hired as a "placeholder" for Laura Wright; it came down to Jennifer Bransford, Sarah Buxton (Annie, Sunset Beach) and Jamie Luner (Peyton, Savannah; Liza, All My Children) as Carly; Jill and Brian chose the "worst one" in an effort to make the recast so unlikeable that the audience would end up screaming for anyone other than Jennifer as a recast, (which ended up happening). Another option was to have Cynthia Preston (Faith Roscoe) pull double duty as Faith and Carly (with plastic surgery after an explosion) yet Carly's other storylines (her children being kidnapped, Michael killing AJ- which the network changed, infuriating hw Bob Guza, Reese revealed as Charlotte, Carly's subsequential mental breakdown) were too big at the time to add in that storyline angle.

Jill asked Sarah to return to GH (never as Carly, according to Sarah) in 2007; they had a chance run-in if I'm not mistaken. Guza and Sarah went over Claudia's development together, which she approved of; however, the writers ended up striking, so temp head writer Garin Wolf ultimately chose a different path for Claudia, including having her sleep with Sonny practically immediately after meeting, which Sarah stated wasn't Guza's plan at all. She didn't like Garin's writing for Claudia, yet she also eventually grew to dislike Guza's writing as well, which is why she quit (her last straw was Claudia going after Sonny's children, which Sarah thought was beyond sick, for a grown woman to target children. Tony Geary criticized her for taking herself too seriously and not contributing to the craft, which is primarily why he volunteered for Luke to be the one who killed Jake)

by Anonymousreply 216November 29, 2023 12:30 PM

R195 They should've did that with LW back in 2005 😆 however she was practically promised Carly while she was still at GL.

Ironically, they were planning to recast Courtney in 2005/2006; Alicia Leigh Willis, like her BFF on set Tamara, was also asked to stay by Jill and Brian, yet she was ready to leave. The main frontrunner for a recast Courtney was Jennifer Morris (Jennifer Rappaport, OLTL) and they were going to turn Courtney into a villainess, after being brainwashed by Helena. The storyline ended up being dropped.

by Anonymousreply 217November 29, 2023 12:35 PM

R196 Right Tamara and Frank ended on bad terms (he didn't renew her contract, even though she wanted to stay, which is a standard practice of his) so if she were to ever return, there would either have to be some kissing and making up on their ends, or Frank would have to be fired.

Yes she was absolutely initially intended to be brought back as Carly; when Tamara and Frank were friends, she expressed interest in returning to GH in 2016- and since he knew Laura was planning to leave in the Fall of 2017 when her contract was up, to join Jill and Steve at Y&R, Frank didn't want her to return as anyone other than Carly. Jill and Steve getting canned in 2016 by CBS three a wrinkle in Laura's plans, so she ultimately stayed. That's when Frank brought in Tamara as Kim, right after Laura re-signed her contract. The network welcomed Tamara's return, touting it as a "return to narrative" with Maurice, Steve and Tamara as their big three (in a nostalgic feel to how big they all were 15 years prior). Reportedly, Laura Wright threw slight fits and felt insecure about Tamara's return, "allegedly" feeling left out, so in turn, Frank hired her boyfriend Wes to appease her, shoehorning him in the role of Peter when it was initially meant for Josh Swickard.

by Anonymousreply 218November 29, 2023 12:49 PM

R197 GH definitely has the most dysfunctional set in daytime. At one time they were apparently neck and neck with Y&R, however the Y&R cast overall is a more cohesive unit than the cast of GH.

by Anonymousreply 219November 29, 2023 12:52 PM

R198 😆 Laura likes them young. There's old rumors of her chasing after some of the younger guys on the set of GL, including Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan Randall). Some say she slept with him, although when it comes to him, he apparently got around on set, including a dalliance with Gina Tognoni and possibly his main co-star, Stephanie Gatschet (Tammy Winslow). Stephanie, btw, played Laura's character Cassie's daughter, for anyone here that wasn't a fan of GL, or it was before your time.

Tom Pelphrey almost came to GH; he was offered the role of Dante (with the runner ups being David Lago (Raul Guittierez, Y&R) and Dominic Zamprogna) and was seemingly interested, however he eventually turned them down after considering everything (possibly wondering if he really wanted to work with Laura Wright again lol jkjk) so that's when they went with Dominic.

by Anonymousreply 220November 29, 2023 1:06 PM

R201 During her first stint. They got along with her better during her second stint.

by Anonymousreply 221November 29, 2023 1:07 PM

R202 Really? Can't say I'm too surprised, because he has always sort of seemed like "family" to me. Care to elaborate further? Lol

by Anonymousreply 222November 29, 2023 1:10 PM

Laura Wright was also accused of fucking Donnell Turner, when he went to her house once and picked her up for an awards show, if iirc. Laura was quick to shut down any rumors, stating that her and Donnell were "just friends."

This wasn't too long after her marriage dissolved (her husband ended up leaving her and filing for divorce, which reportedly blindsided her) and there were rumors of her husband being jealous of certain male costars, which some say we're because her husband wasn't exactly a "looker" himself. There were also rumors of him being uncomfortable with Carly being paired with Shawn, which Laura did ask to be let out of.

by Anonymousreply 223November 29, 2023 1:17 PM

Sometimes I wonder which is better; the days of revolving EPs and HWs versus the now times when one producer and one HW(s) just remain in place because no one wants to make any sudden moves that may shift what little audience these shows have left.

GH is a broken set and that starts at the top. Frank sounds like a douche. Y&R is #1, but it looks no better than Days of our Lives in production quality or storytelling. And Bold is wash, rinse, repeat because the foreign fans who keep that show afloat demand it.

All 4 are on hospice care now. There is nothing innovative or provocative. How sad is the state of soaps when the biggest buzz of the last couple of weeks was a guest stint by a 70 year old actress from a cancelled soap.

by Anonymousreply 224November 29, 2023 1:18 PM

[quote]There were also rumors of him being uncomfortable with Carly being paired with Shawn, which Laura did ask to be let out of.

I have to wonder how in the hell that conversation happens.

by Anonymousreply 225November 29, 2023 1:20 PM

Should also mention that some rumors had claimed that Donnell Turner is bisexual and had a domestic partnership with a man, which the cast was aware of, yet he kept a low profile to appeal to his female fan base. Not sure of the validity of those rumors, he is very private though.

There were also more instances of Donnell and Laura Wright being spotted together in between her being caught off guard by the dissolution of her marriage and ending up with Wes, which had fans wondering if there really was something going on.

by Anonymousreply 226November 29, 2023 1:25 PM

I’m always amazed by the level of gossip on this thread. Folks in the know, what’s going on currently:

1.) Is the cast pissed at/happy with the scab writing? 2.) Are Eden and Evan really fucking or just showmancing? 3.) Was RoHo’s exit as amicable as his interviews made it seem? 4.) Is Becky H frustrated by this terrible, endless Finn romance that everybody hates? 5.) Did NAC stop doing press for the show of his own volition or is he under Netflix media blackout? 6.) WHO is forcing Carly and Drew down our throats, and why? Is Cam M actually happy on the show and with LW?

by Anonymousreply 227November 29, 2023 1:30 PM

R224 I miss the days of the revolving HW's and EP's; in my opinion, they knew something wasn't working, so they made changes in an effort to fix it. Granted it didn't always work out, however they would usually keep trying until they got it right. Now, mostly everything remains stagnant; usually it takes something detrimental to the set overall (like the Albert Alarr situation) to get rid of someone at the top.

GH is definitely disjointed and Frank has been known to be a douche on several occasions lol while Y&R is slightly head and shoulders above Days production wise, although not by that much (seeing how they're both produced by Sony, the budget cuts are obvious. B&B, as you mentioned, is backed by a big international following, which gives them more advantages than their Sony counterparts. However, although visually appealing, their international audience isn't interested in seeing them deviate from their same tried and true formula, which sadly includes dissuading them from homosexual stories, which should be the norm seeing how they're based in LA and centered around the fashion industry).

Colleen Zenk has definitely sparked a buzz hasn't she 😆 yeah that has seemed to dominate the soap headlines. Susan Lucci being honored with an Outstanding Achievement Emmy at the ceremony on December 15th will probably generate similar buzz as well.

by Anonymousreply 228November 29, 2023 1:42 PM

R225 Lol she asked if they could end Carly and Shawn in favor of Carly/Patrick or Carly/Johnny, which is how the latter came into fruition. That is interesting to wonder exactly how she worded it in that conversation though lol

by Anonymousreply 229November 29, 2023 1:45 PM

If it's true, the whole no-rapists mandate at ABC definitely hits Roger harder than any other actor. Two of his three roles had associations with rape.

I think somehow if Lady Geary wanted to come back for a visit as a very alive Luke he'd be allowed to do so.

by Anonymousreply 230November 29, 2023 1:55 PM

[quote] Frank sounds like a douche.

A hot douche, but a douche nonetheless.

Seems like the set has become a lot of little cliques - and he's let a few actors become tyrannical.

He may have been great at budget control but managing talent.....not so much.

by Anonymousreply 231November 29, 2023 2:09 PM

Maybe LW just wanted the rumor out there that she and DT were together regardless of accuracy to make her ex-husband jealous? I just don't think DT is straight, zero chemistry with women. Jordan #2 (Brianna) said when she auditioned for the role the actresses were told not to kiss DT because he's a germaphobe. Is "germaphobe" a convenient cover for "I don't want to kiss a bunch of women"?

by Anonymousreply 232November 29, 2023 2:14 PM

LOL'ed at the rumor that Laura "Snaggletooth" Wright demanded that Robert Palmer Watkins fuck her......that can't be true, can it?

by Anonymousreply 233November 29, 2023 2:16 PM

R227 Lol I can't speak for the other droppers, so idk where they stand, however I can give you my take:

1. Some are, others aren't (the consensus seems to be that although the scabs, which actually are the producers, are actually providing movement within the storylines, instead of them remaining stagnant and dragging out, there's certain things happening that wouldn't be the case if the original writers would have still been there, IE: Anna and Valentin breaking up, Carly and Joss being on the back burner, Ava being victimized and played for a fool, Esme being cast aside in favor of Spencer and Trina, etc.)

2. They are really fucking, although Evan is rumored to be bisexual. Eden had a boyfriend, Jose San Martin, that she "allegedly" cheated on Evan with (in a case of life imitating art, with the whole Cameron/Joss/Evan entanglement)

3. No. Roger is trying to save face because he was essentially blindsided by Frank not renewing his contract. Apparently, the show is interested in bringing back three males (according to rumors) so Frank was advised to make room in the budget, therefore he chose to let Roger go (even though Frank likes Roger, he adores both Michael Easton and Trevor St. John over him, primarily because Roger left him high and dry when he jumped ship CBS as Paul Ryan on ATWT, vacating his role as Todd on OLTL). Now even though Roger was considering leaving, which he let his fans in on two years prior, after realizing Austin wasn't clicking, he still wasn't completely sure about leaving. Frank made the decision for him, however he could always come back as Todd (or yet another character, though his preference is allegedly Todd).

4. Becky is more of the get along to go along type, yet at a recent fan appearance, she allegedly didn't seem as enthusiastic about being with Finn and admitted that she would love to have Greg Vaughan back, preferably as Lucky. This could also stem from an earlier fan appearance where Michael Easton hinted at his displeasure of the Elizabeth/Finn romance as well. The producers aka scabs seem to be more invested in making them work as a couple; they moved slowly with them at first, though now it seems to be picking up. If Michael really wants out of the pairing, Frank will do just that, because Michael is one of his faves.

5. Supposedly it's because of his team; they were the ones who "allegedly" advised him to dissociate himself from GH, which was something he's also ok with. Besides a select few, he's not too close with the majority of the cast. Not sure of a Netflix blackout, but allegedly it's him and his team. He also plans on leaving when his contract is up soon, there's already rumors of a recast or Spencer being presumed dead/missing or being carted off to prison. If it weren't for the dual striking, he would've been off canvas this year, only to return shortly before his contract is up for renewal.

6. Laura Wright and Elizabeth Korte. Carly needed a love interest, for Maurice has made it clear that he refuses to do CarSon with Laura Wright. He wants Sonny with Nina permanently, unless there were a situation where he ended up with Brenda, of course (however Vanessa Marcil has indicated that she has no interest in ever returning, while also informing the show that they should recast Brenda) or even Laura and Anna (which he has hinted at) although he enjoys working with Cynthia to the point that he doesn't want them to break up for good, even if they do separate. Cam Mathison is just happy to have a job; after being let go by Entertainment Tonight, he contacted Frank and asked him if there was space for him on GH. Apparently both him and LW know that the "Crew" isn't working, yet there aren't really any other options for them on canvas. He's also aware that his Drew isn't exactly catching on with fans, along with the possibility of Steve Burton returning for a Jason/Carly redux, which is another reason why he's seeking outside projects.

by Anonymousreply 234November 29, 2023 2:20 PM

What happened that motivated FV to finally get rid of CoIoma and the Brando actor? FV tolerated MC's subpar acting and backstage recruiting for the borg for four years when he could have let him go at any of the 24 (or is it 26) week cycles in his contract. Was the Brando actor an asshole behind the scenes as rumored?

FV digging in his heels and refusing to make changes when things aren't working is so counterproductive and incredibly stubborn. Is he a Taurus?

by Anonymousreply 235November 29, 2023 2:22 PM

R230 Supposedly the "no rapists" mandate is being lifted by Bob Iger. That was set in place by his predecessor, Bob Chapek, along with the vaccine mandate during Iger's two year absence (Dec. 2020-Nov.2022)

by Anonymousreply 236November 29, 2023 2:23 PM

R232 Laura Wright wouldn't be petty enough to present herself in that manner, making her ex-husband jealous with rumors running rampant of her cavorting with a co-star 😆 bite your tongue 😏

Donnell has been the subject of gay/bi rumors. I remember that as well, about him being a germaphobe and refusing to kiss Brianna Nicole Henry during her audition process.

by Anonymousreply 237November 29, 2023 2:29 PM

At R234, #2 Eden had a boyfriend named Jose San Martin that she allegedly cheated on with Evan, leading to her breakup with Jose.

by Anonymousreply 238November 29, 2023 2:31 PM

R233 Supposedly it's really true.

by Anonymousreply 239November 29, 2023 2:32 PM

The scabs aka producers material should be wrapping up during the month of December, with the original writers' material back just in time for the holidays. Carly will be back front and center under Korte instead of the supporting role she's in now.

by Anonymousreply 240November 29, 2023 2:35 PM

[quote]At [R234], #2 Eden had a boyfriend named Jose San Martin that she allegedly cheated on with Evan, leading to her breakup with Jose.

Well, you can't blame her for that. Look at him.

by Anonymousreply 241November 29, 2023 2:42 PM

Thanks, R234.

by Anonymousreply 242November 29, 2023 2:47 PM

R235 Getting rid of Brando and Nikolas were mutual decisions between the network and Frank, moreso on Disney, who's had somewhat of a spat with Scientology for years. Johnny Wactor was let go while Bob Chapek was still CEO, while Marcus Coloma got his walking papers about a month after Bob Iger resumed his position as CEO.

Remember the rumors are that Marcus was so upset, he refused to film his final scenes, resulting in Adam Huss filling in for him again. Veteran contracts typically have a cycle of 26 weeks while rookie contracts usually have the 13 week cycle, although that's not always the case; someone like Kate Mansi, for example, might have the vet contract since she isn't new to soaps.

There were rumors of Johnny being an asshole on set, he was part of a group with Maurice, Steve, Ingo and Marcus.

Marcus, btw, has mentioned that he's been offered a role on another soap, yet he turned them down.

That definitely describes Frank to perfection; he was exactly the same way at OLTL. He's actually not a Taurus though, he's a Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 243November 29, 2023 5:24 PM

R241 Are you saying that Jose isn't cute enough, or Evan is too hot to resist? 😁

by Anonymousreply 244November 29, 2023 5:39 PM

Refusing to shoot his final scenes is such a scientology power play much like Will Smith's slap. Issuing a statement afterwards that he had COVID and that's why he couldn't film his scenes with blatant PR damage control, he obviously realized he'd never work for ABC again and GH probably just wanted the story to go away so they didn't contradict him. I doubt any other soap offered him a job, he's just trying to save face. But on the other hand, he does have fellow Scientologist Stafford over on Y&R and is that other scientologist, Nadia, still at DOOL?

by Anonymousreply 245November 29, 2023 5:39 PM

R242 You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 246November 29, 2023 5:39 PM

R245 Wow no holding back huh 😆 yeah he did claim that he couldn't film because of COVID. As a matter of fact, when he initially refused to get vaccinated, along with Johnny, Donnell, Ingo and Steve, they held auditions to recast Brando, Nikolas and Curtis, with three replacements chosen and ready to go (Adam Huss was the rumored Nikolas recast). That drove Donnell, Marcus and Johnny to get vaxxed. Is Will Smith still heavily involved in Scientology? I had no idea that Nadia was lol however yes, she's still at Days.

by Anonymousreply 247November 29, 2023 5:48 PM

Yes, Marcus is far too busy doing a low budget, shot with an iphone series on youtube with bozo Kin Shriner called Three Dumb Dicks are something like that to accept something so trivial as a network soap job, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 248November 29, 2023 6:01 PM

Thanks for all the insider info. Great dirt!

But what was the dirt behind the failure of Duke's return. Ian Buchanan clearly wanted that to work, as did Finola Hughes. Why was Duke's return ultimately so lackluster and yawn inducing?

by Anonymousreply 249November 29, 2023 6:05 PM

R248 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 250November 29, 2023 6:06 PM

Adam Huss is fine as Nikolas, certainly better than Coloma.

by Anonymousreply 251November 29, 2023 6:21 PM

[quote] Why was Duke's return ultimately so lackluster and yawn inducing?

Quite frankly, I don't think Ian was as capable of butching it up and having Duke read as straight as he used to be in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 252November 29, 2023 6:22 PM

Nice that the show ran the tribute card for Tyler Christopher at the end of Monday's episode.

by Anonymousreply 253November 29, 2023 6:37 PM

When was the last time Leslie Charleson was on? Not just her voice, but her body. Was it Luke's funeral in January 2022?

by Anonymousreply 254November 29, 2023 6:39 PM

R249 Ron was the one who initially wanted Duke back, he grew up watching GH- he loved the action/adventure stories of the 80's. Frank admittedly wasn't much of a GH fan, he preferred OLTL, AMC and Y&R, although he did watch some of 90's GH more than the other decades. Ron didn't like how they brought in a recast Duke with plastic surgery in the 80's, so bringing Duke back was his way of rectifying the situation.

Honestly, there were stories planned for Anna and Duke- originally, Sabrina was either going to be Anna and Duke's miscarried child, or Sonny and Lily's, with Britt initially slated to be Tracy's daughter (this was during the time Britt and Sabrina were both interested in Patrick, around the time Anna was with Luke, while Tracy was still in love with him). After Britt was named Cesar Faison and Liesl's child, Sabrina was reconsidered as Sonny and Lily's baby that died in the limousine explosion, until that was changed as well.

The plan was for Duke to be ensconced in the mob, heavily, resulting in conflict between him and Anna. Anna was supposed to have sex with Julian, particularly immediately after Duke died, which Finola refused to do; Finola had issues with Ron's writing and Frank's rewrites quite often, prior to Duke's death, to the point that Duke was allegedly written out as a way to slight Finola (for she loved the fact that he was back on the show, and wanted to play Anna and Duke, without her sleeping with Julian or any other stories that she felt were nonsense). Griffin was then supposed to be the child of Anna and Duke, which is still a possibility, while there's always the possibility of Duke returning from the dead once again, if Ian is willing to return.

by Anonymousreply 255November 29, 2023 7:34 PM

R254 May 5th, 2022 was her last time onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 256November 29, 2023 7:54 PM

[quote][R254] May 5th, 2022 was her last time onscreen.

Is that the last on-screen appearance of Leslie Charleson? Or of Monica Q?

There's a difference.

There was a substitute actress playing Monica for a episode or two around that time. As far as I recall, the last time Monica was onscreen was when the sub actress was playing her.

What I want to know is when was the last time Leslie Charleson was onscreen as Monica.

by Anonymousreply 257November 29, 2023 8:04 PM

R257 Leslie's last episode was May 5th, 2022. The substitute you're referring to, Holly Kaplan, was on March 15th, 2022. Patty McCormack, the other substitute, was on in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 258November 29, 2023 8:30 PM

Ahh, thanks for the clarification there.

by Anonymousreply 259November 29, 2023 8:34 PM

R257 My mistake, Leslie Charleson last aired as Monica on February 25th, 2022. Holly Kaplan was playing Monica the last time she was seen onscreen, March 15th, 2022.

by Anonymousreply 260November 29, 2023 8:47 PM

didn't Leslie do a call in episode? Or am I thinking of another actress?

by Anonymousreply 261November 29, 2023 8:51 PM

No you're right, Leslie did a call-in episode to Olivia on August 21st, 2022 then to Elizabeth on March 29th, 2023

by Anonymousreply 262November 29, 2023 8:57 PM

Did you also happen to catch Leslie's State Of Mind episode, R261 in February 2022?

by Anonymousreply 263November 29, 2023 9:00 PM

Rumor is Amanda Setton is pregnant again, which will be written into her storyline for a Brook-Lynn/Chase pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 264November 30, 2023 2:34 AM

So back to the blazers for BLQ. She only recently stopped wearing the blazers. Maybe they should have the character start her own clothing line, Blazers by BLQ.

by Anonymousreply 265November 30, 2023 2:39 AM

R265 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 266November 30, 2023 3:19 AM

I absolutely adore Maura West but found her scene with Dante a little odd. Ava is not a dummy. Why would she come across so guilty to a police detective, especially since she had advance warning from Sonny?

by Anonymousreply 267November 30, 2023 10:09 PM

I think she was hoping that Dante could tell she was telling the truth. Something tells me that Nick is the shooter and wants to frame her.

by Anonymousreply 268November 30, 2023 11:57 PM

MW has admitted that she wanted Ava to have sex with Dante, so if she also came off flirty in those scenes, that's why. She likes to flirt in her scenes with certain male actors

by Anonymousreply 269December 1, 2023 12:05 AM

I’d like to see Ava and Dante have a ons…or anything interesting to happen ever.

Only thing at the moment that I’m looking forward to is Tracy’s return and bobbies tribute.

by Anonymousreply 270December 1, 2023 12:11 AM

I wonder if actress availability has anything to do with limiting stories about a resurrection of Emily or aj or a dex connection…

Can we see those stories with no Monica?

by Anonymousreply 271December 1, 2023 12:19 AM

Be hard to bring Emily Q back to life if Monica wasn't there.

Alan is dead, AJ is dead, Jason is dead (for now). So, to bring Emily back, there needs to be at least one family member there.

The only Qs on the show now who were also there during Emily's storylines are Ned and Tracey.

by Anonymousreply 272December 1, 2023 1:27 AM

There was so much more story potential with aj… wouldn’t make sense for the dex/aj connection that was rumored if there’s no Monica either…

by Anonymousreply 273December 1, 2023 2:38 AM

Why hasn't FV hired VI for GH? VI looks much better now than he did on Mo's show a year or so ago.

An actor hit VI when he was playing Lujack on GL. He won't say who. Guesses? Young Marissa Tomei had a crush on him when she was on ATWT and he was on GL.

He's doing a Soap Cruise with Jacob Young, Sean Kanan, William DeVry... Talks about it at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 1, 2023 4:03 AM

VI would be great on GH - I wish they’d bring him on. Could be paired with Anna. Maybe as Dr.David or even a Ric recast? A Cassadine? A new character?

by Anonymousreply 275December 1, 2023 4:09 PM

Would have loved for Emily to have resurfaced or better let it be revealed that Rebecca (the twin) was always Emily…would be hard to see her back without Jason, Monica, or even TC Nikolas on the canvas!

by Anonymousreply 276December 1, 2023 4:10 PM

What was the point of doing an outdoor scene showing Sonny walking to his car near the end of Tuesday's episode?

Was it to show that Sonny drives himself and doesn't have a driver?

Or was it some advertising tie-in with car manufacturer to show off their brand (whatever brand it was)?

I can't figure why they'd take the time to go outside (even if it was just outside the studio) to film him walking to his car. They went to the extra time and expense to go outside, but the shot didn't do anything to advance to plot.

by Anonymousreply 277December 1, 2023 5:13 PM

I think they were establishing it as a familiar venue and we may see it again for a pivotal scene

by Anonymousreply 278December 1, 2023 6:48 PM

R277 They shoot a ton of scenes outside of Prospect Studios. It’s one of Frank’s cost cutting measures. They even shoot in the offices at Prospect.

by Anonymousreply 279December 1, 2023 9:27 PM

Yes, R279, my favorite is when they go to the “hospital” rooftop, and you can see Griffith Observatory in the background.

by Anonymousreply 280December 2, 2023 8:59 PM

Night Shift was a better GH. Would anyone watch that if they did another spin off or would the show be better with a tighter cast?

by Anonymousreply 281December 3, 2023 12:22 AM

Show would be better with a tighter cast and an EP who isn't consumed with petty grievances, playing favorites and wasting money on barnyard animals.

by Anonymousreply 282December 3, 2023 12:26 AM

Who was the guy in Kelly's talking to Snarly? Pikeman? Nice looking guy. And why does LW clomp when she walks. Also, I can't stand her annoying fake laugh.

by Anonymousreply 283December 3, 2023 12:27 AM

R283 That fake laugh has to go. She uses it multiple times per episode. A strong director would put a stop to it.

by Anonymousreply 284December 3, 2023 12:30 AM

I loved that they acknowledged that Molly had never once stepped foot in Kristina’s apartment. Which is much nicer than Molly’s and T.J.’s, and they’re a lawyer and a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 285December 3, 2023 2:21 AM

This show is a disaster! A shell of its former self. Don’t know why they don’t use the popular Rebecca Herbst or Kelly Monaco … hate the Carly show.

by Anonymousreply 286December 3, 2023 4:49 PM

Egomaniac Mo has pulled some strings or greased some palms to get his son named #3 of the ten best teen soap actors on some site called soap opera news. I'm not linking and giving his delusions more clicks. #1 is Scarlett Fernandez (Charlotte Cassadine). It must be a publicist paid puff piece because NuDanny is on the list and he's done what, two scenes?

by Anonymousreply 287December 3, 2023 8:54 PM

Holy shit has this show been boring during the last week.

by Anonymousreply 288December 5, 2023 6:09 AM

This Pikeman storyline is now just ridiculous for the viewers. You can't blame the strike anymore. Rumor Mill now says it's Jerry Jax. Yawn. No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 289December 5, 2023 7:42 AM

I’d like to nominate today’s show as most boring episode of 2023.

by Anonymousreply 290December 6, 2023 2:05 AM

But we had lesbians kissing?!!

by Anonymousreply 291December 6, 2023 2:30 AM

Mumbles Junior on Wednesday. ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 6, 2023 9:07 AM

Would they actually bring back RH for a THIRD time? Christ.

by Anonymousreply 293December 6, 2023 11:59 AM

Surprised Tamara is on Steve's show. Wasn't he one of her tormetors?

She looks good and much healthier than when she was last on GH.

Steve looks like his wearing foundation and bronzer, lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294December 6, 2023 4:49 PM

*tormentors

by Anonymousreply 295December 6, 2023 4:50 PM

Are they really going to film in Monument Valley or will this be another Cliffs of Jacksonville situation?

by Anonymousreply 296December 6, 2023 6:14 PM

Jake should dump Charlotte and start dating Adam.

by Anonymousreply 297December 6, 2023 6:40 PM

Tamara and Steve play a couple (Ava and Harris) on DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 298December 6, 2023 7:40 PM

Is Jeff Kober on Ozempic?

Cyrus looks thinner. He's almost at the point where he looks like he's sick.

by Anonymousreply 299December 7, 2023 10:59 PM

It might be that he shaved his beard.

by Anonymousreply 300December 7, 2023 11:54 PM

R281 Night Shift was pretty good. Frank ironically has pitched at least three GH spinoffs (online/streaming) in the twelve years he's been at GH, yet they were all nixed by the network. One was specifically catered to the teens/young adult set.

Frank's twelve year anniversary was Dec.1st btw (when he first reported to work at GH- shows produced by him first aired in Feb 2012)

by Anonymousreply 301December 8, 2023 5:07 AM

R288 Looks like we're in the transition period between the producers/scabs and the permanent writers material. Usually there's a shift in the writing that becomes noticeable onscreen before the writers names are actually shown in the credits, where they're editing scripts and rearranging things. More Carly inserted into scenes seems to be an indication that Korte was busy adjusting scripts, for she has a habit of including Carly in stories that aren't exactly hers just for the sake of having her on

by Anonymousreply 302December 8, 2023 5:12 AM

R294 They've long since made up, so has Tamara and Maurice. Back then, Tamara grew to dislike Guza and Phelps as well. Charles Pratt got along with her well, which is why it was easy for her to accept the role of Reese on AMC while he was their headwriter. Guza and Phelps were, obviously, aligned with Maurice and Steve while Tamara grew close to both Alicia Leigh Willis and Ted King (ironically, Alicia's Courtney was named after Jill's real life daughter Courtney)

by Anonymousreply 303December 8, 2023 5:19 AM

The BLQ actress is getting dragged on twitter for refusing to do loves scenes for religious reasons. Supposedly Chase actor is in agreement because they respect their spouses. But it was pointed out he had no problem doing love scenes with Willow and is probably just trying to support her.

If she's claiming religious reasons, she's making it hard for them to fire her and if she is pregnant again as mentioned upthread, then even harder to get rid of her. She's working on a soap, not the Great American Channel, what did she expect? I laughed when Chase and BLQ had their first sex scene and they just cut away to the morning after and she was wearing grandma pajamas. I guess it's back to the blazers for her. They are calling her Blazer Lynn Ingalls on twitter. I liked TempBLQ better than this one, she dressed better and was more interesting.

The Violet kid is also getting dragged for having the power to dictate the song she wrote be incorporated into the show when veteran actors have no say so in storyline.

by Anonymousreply 304December 10, 2023 8:24 PM

Can we keep the Brennan guy? I like him.

by Anonymousreply 305December 11, 2023 8:46 PM

Now that strikes are over, the Daytime Emmys are being held on Friday on CBS

GH nominees include Finola Hughes and Maurice Benard in Lead Actress and Lead Actor.

Sonya Eddy, Brook Kerr and Kelly Thiebaud in Supporting Actress.

Nicholas Chavez, Jon Lindstrom, Robert Gossart and Chad Duell in Supporting Actor.

Eden McCoy in Younger Actor.

Ally Mills in Guest Performer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 11, 2023 9:14 PM

I hope Kelly T. wins and doesn't thank Frank by name. A general "I'd like to thank everyone at GH" will suffice. And nothing will ever be as brilliant as Tamara Braun's "I'd like to thank the kind ones at GH" after she got royally screwed last time around.

FV should be forever punished for breaking up Britt/Jason in favor of Snarly and then adding insult to injury with the Britt/Cody BELL nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 307December 11, 2023 9:19 PM

Frank must be doing his magic with a budget once again because we're seeing a lot of new sets lately, including Kristina's apartment, Valentin's house, the doctor's lounge, the Cafe Cherie restaurant and the Q's sun room.

by Anonymousreply 308December 12, 2023 5:38 PM

We lost Anna’s house. Wonder if there are other sets that got quietly rotated out?

by Anonymousreply 309December 13, 2023 3:08 AM

Anna's house actually was inherited from AMC when it was cancelled. Didn't cost Frank anything.

On AMC, that set was used for the Chandler Mansion foyer and living room.

by Anonymousreply 310December 13, 2023 3:33 AM

R254 Monica is scheduled to be shown again onscreen soon, possibly on Friday's episode if not before, with Leslie back for a limited run.

by Anonymousreply 311December 13, 2023 8:44 AM

R304 Josh is definitely going along with this idea for Amanda's sake and he's being called out by fans. Frank is letting Amanda dictate this "no love scenes for my character" and yes he always allows his favorites to get away with certain things while others (primarily vets he didn't hire or has grown tired of) aren't allotted the same leeway.

by Anonymousreply 312December 13, 2023 8:56 AM

Any truth to the rumors DZ is leaving?

by Anonymousreply 313December 13, 2023 8:29 PM

JPS says the Disney studio and GH studio are only 9 minutes apart but his doing both shows required cast (mainly Finola) and crew coming in to work really early or really late to shoot his scenes. A lot of inconvenience so they aren't going to do that this time. Wonder how they will temporarily write him out.

JPS sings Stafford and Finola's praises, doesn't mention Cynthia. Did they have a falling out or am I being nitpicky?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314December 13, 2023 9:08 PM

Unpopular opinion: I don’t care for Jps. He’s too soft for the nefarious role. I’d like to see a recast.

by Anonymousreply 315December 14, 2023 5:09 AM

R313 I wouldn't be surprised if DZ is off contract. Sad how Lulu is just forgotten like Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 316December 14, 2023 6:59 AM

I would be shocked if DZ left. He’s on almost every day despite never driving his own story (or solving any crimes).

by Anonymousreply 317December 14, 2023 2:15 PM

That Soap Dirt woman keeps alluding to the DZ rumor on her podcast. I don't know what her track record for accuracy is but she's pretty popular. I like her because he outed William deVry for being a rude asshole.

by Anonymousreply 318December 14, 2023 2:59 PM

[quote] I don’t care for Jps. He’s too soft for the nefarious role.

I think the show deliberately had JPS tone down his performance so they could also use him for a romantic lead as well.

The original intent was clearly for Valentin to be a villain, but after JPS was cast, they realized he could also use him as a romantic lead. So, they've written Valentin ambiguously ever since.

by Anonymousreply 319December 14, 2023 9:00 PM

Continuity error:

A decade ago, they said Dante had an allergy to latex and couldn't wear latex glove is the course of his police work. That latex allergy was how they ultimately tied baby Rocco's parentage to Dante.

On Tuesday's show, Dante put on a pair of latex gloves before opening the package from the locker.

by Anonymousreply 320December 14, 2023 9:02 PM

ELQ developed a new pharmaceutical to cure his allergy r320

by Anonymousreply 321December 15, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote]ELQ developed a new pharmaceutical to cure his allergy [R320]

R321 I don't recall that. Are you speculating on that or is that something that actually happened on screen?

by Anonymousreply 322December 15, 2023 5:07 PM

When is Uncle Frank going to start slipping some Ozempic into Kirsten and Genie's diet Coke?

by Anonymousreply 323December 15, 2023 7:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 15, 2023 9:36 PM

[quote]GH cast members Maurice Benard, Jane Elliot, Genie Francis, Finola Hughes, Kelly Monaco and Laura Wright will participate, as will GH star Emma Samms, former sudser star Rick Springfield, and actress Amber Tamblyn, among other celebrity guests like DWTS‘ Val Chermkovskiy and ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith.

Interesting they don't have Kin Shriner and Tristan Rogers participating. They could talk about the show during its height in the early 80s. Yes, I know Genie can comment on that, but Kin and Tristan would add some insights.

by Anonymousreply 325December 15, 2023 9:45 PM

Carolyn Hennesy (Diane) is getting shit on X for posting this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 15, 2023 11:56 PM

Was Frank sedated at the Emmy awards? Too much Xanax or what? He didn't even mention Jackie Zeman.

by Anonymousreply 327December 16, 2023 6:19 PM

Supposedly Chad Duell didn't want his photo taken on the Emmys red carpet. Reporter asked him why are you on the red carpet then to which he responded with expletives. He's also not in any of the cast photos. Duelly not enjoying fatherhood?

by Anonymousreply 328December 16, 2023 9:19 PM

Yes, Frank definitely seemed sedated. So low energy. He's not the most gregarious person in the world, but usually when he is on camera at awards shows and such, he's a lot more lively.

What I thought was weird was that Frank was not in any of the crowd shots throughout the evening.. They didn't do a quick shot of him when the GH directing team won or when any of the GH actors won. First time I saw Frank on camera was when GH won best show. Did he not arrive until the very end?

And does he not know how to tuck in his shirt tail? I don't know which is worse at an awards ceremony, Frank in his untucked shirt or Josh Griffith with his oversized , ill fitting shirt and extremely loosen tie. These two are EPs of major shows. Both should dress appropriately for an awards show. Brad Bell certainly did.

by Anonymousreply 329December 16, 2023 11:45 PM

[quote] What I thought was weird was that Frank was not in any of the crowd shots throughout the evening.

R329 Frank was seen in one of the first crowd shots shown during the broadcast. .. When the first award for Supporting Actress was announced, and Sonya Eddy won, the camera showed the General Hospital table where Frank had stood up to applaud the win. He was standing in between Watros and Benard, who also rose from their seats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330December 17, 2023 3:19 AM

r330 Thanks.

I remember seeing that shot during the show. But I didn't recognize that as Frank. I just figured it was part of the GH crew.

And frankly, even seeing the shot now, it still doesn't look like Frank to me. Yes, the person has Frank's build and body type, but from that angle it just doesn't look like Frank to me. But I will accept that was Frank.

Still very weird that was the only shot of Frank we got until GH won best show, given all the other awards GH was winning.

by Anonymousreply 331December 17, 2023 3:28 AM

He was likely in a press room giving comments on the show’s wins.

by Anonymousreply 332December 17, 2023 9:34 AM

He does begin to smile more after the first minute of dumb questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333December 17, 2023 6:42 PM

I was surprised Becky was very warm towards FV given how badly he treats her character. Or is that what they call "acting"?

by Anonymousreply 334December 17, 2023 6:45 PM

Frank is hot.

by Anonymousreply 335December 17, 2023 6:52 PM

Has Frank had work done?

An eye lift maybe? The area around his eyes seems different.

I hope his boytoy gives him a box of Just For Men hair dye for Christmas. He'd never let any of his actors go out on stage with all that grey. Except for King Maurice, of course.

by Anonymousreply 336December 17, 2023 10:42 PM

I didn't realize until Friday night's ceremony that Phideaux Xavier was accepting the directing Emmy that he is the head of the GH directors.

That means GH's top brass is all gay.

You got Frank as EP, Chris and Dan as HWs, Phideaux as chief director and Nathan Varni as head of ABC Current Programming.

by Anonymousreply 337December 17, 2023 10:46 PM

R337 the all-gay leadership makes the show’s sexlessness and wall-to-wall baby fever even weirder.

by Anonymousreply 338December 18, 2023 1:33 AM

Show doesn't even have any gay characters on screen these days.

Lucas has been MIA for about two years now. Felix was last seen at Epiphany's funeral. And Brad hasn't been seen in 6 months or more.

But show will surely bring Lucas back for at least a few shows when they do Bobbie's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 339December 18, 2023 1:45 AM

They have Blaze and Kristina hooking up now so at least they have lesbians! :)

by Anonymousreply 340December 18, 2023 2:02 AM

When was the last time Lucas was on?

Ryan Carnes played the role for most of the past decade, but after he left they briefly recast the role with someone.

by Anonymousreply 341December 18, 2023 2:40 AM

Take a peak at the GH Facebook group and you'll see why there is no gay storyline on GH.

by Anonymousreply 342December 18, 2023 2:42 AM

[325], Tristan and Kin are in it. They’re just not mentioned in the press release.

by Anonymousreply 343December 18, 2023 6:29 AM

I'm several days behind in watching, but so good to have Leslie Charleson back on screen.

Clearly, we're only going to see Monica sitting down, much like John Aniston in his final year or two on Days.

Leslie looked scared to move a single inch in that chair.

Nonetheless, there's something reassuring about having Monica back onscreen. What a nice Christmas present for the fans.

by Anonymousreply 344December 20, 2023 5:34 PM

YEEEAHH! - Aiden came out today!

by Anonymousreply 345December 20, 2023 8:59 PM

What is Monica's current position at GH?

And I don't mean "seated".

by Anonymousreply 346December 20, 2023 9:15 PM

Aiden came out, very casually, to Liz while they were baking Christmas cookies. What a nice scene!

by Anonymousreply 347December 21, 2023 2:04 AM

Monica is chair of the board, as I recall.

Then again, I may have bawled at Aidan coming out, so I may not be a reliable narrator. That was just lovely.

by Anonymousreply 348December 21, 2023 2:05 AM

What do you guys think of Chris/Dan, along with the other writers, material so far (it started airing on Monday 12/18) as well as your opinion of Temp Joss (who also first aired on 12/18, for anyone who hasn't seen this week's shows yet)

Aiden coming out has definitely been years in the making. The network stepped in to prevent the storyline from taking place, which is why it was dropped when he was still a child.

by Anonymousreply 349December 21, 2023 2:35 AM

Supposedly the SEC secret Nina is keeping is revealed to Sonny soon

by Anonymousreply 350December 21, 2023 2:42 AM

R341 Lucas' last listed airdate is March 24th, 2021 with actor Matt Trudeau. He portrayed Lucas from November 2020-March 2021

by Anonymousreply 351December 21, 2023 2:44 AM

R342 I know exactly what you mean 😆 😆 I've peeked in that group.

by Anonymousreply 352December 21, 2023 2:47 AM

It’s interesting, R349, because the show had totally ground to a halt in the last month of the scab eps (let’s watch Cody put a desk together, etc.).

Things picked up the moment the real writers came make back. They restored Esme’s memory, wrapped up the Pikeman business, and introduced a hasty walk back (sorry) for Curtis’s paralysis. Tuesday’s ep was sitcom-funny, with lots of great one-liners from Tracy. Let’s see if they can keep it up (they can’t).

by Anonymousreply 353December 21, 2023 3:52 AM

My recollection is that the initial writing was actually laying the groundwork for a gender/trans story with Aidan. The network balked, it was put on the shelf, and revived as a story about a cis gay kid. (Which is actually almost exactly the same thing that happened with Mark on The Conners.)

by Anonymousreply 354December 21, 2023 4:47 AM

I like TempJoss. She doesn't have the snarl factor that Joss and her mother have, she was softer.

by Anonymousreply 355December 21, 2023 12:53 PM

Bobbie memorial episodes air Jan 10-11.

Ryan Carnes returns as Lucas for the memorial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356December 21, 2023 5:35 PM

They probably should have instructed the smiley people in the photo to not be so smiley, it looks odd for a sad occasion.

by Anonymousreply 357December 21, 2023 5:41 PM

Was Bobbie's last on-screen romance with OG Jerry Jax?

I guess if Geary isn't involved in this then we never have to worry about him returning in the future.

by Anonymousreply 358December 21, 2023 5:53 PM

Bobbie was involved with a returned-from-the-dead Roy DeLucca (A Martinez) after Jerry Jax.

When Guza and JFP wrote Bobbie out in the late 2000s, they said she rekindled her love with Noah Drake and moved to Seattle with him. But that all happened off camera.

by Anonymousreply 359December 21, 2023 6:14 PM

Just watched the scene with Aiden and Liz. Nicely done. Wish they had given his boyfriend a more appealing name than Tobias. I already can't stand the names Wiley, Ace, Rocco, Blaze and Scout.

by Anonymousreply 360December 21, 2023 9:59 PM

I think Bobbie's last love interest was Scotty

by Anonymousreply 361December 21, 2023 10:11 PM

The quartermaine legacy will apparently be left to the Tracy/Ned branch of the tree with no Alan, Monica, Jason, or AJ onscreen. This drew can go.

I’d like to see a spoiled, bratty long lost ned daughter to make the dynamic more interesting. Brooklyn and Leo are not enough to sustain the family.

by Anonymousreply 362December 21, 2023 10:51 PM

TempJoss for Bobbie's funeral. Too soon after her own mother's death for Eden.

by Anonymousreply 363December 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Disappointing r363.

I thought she was a professional Emmy winning actress.

by Anonymousreply 364December 21, 2023 10:56 PM

R356, Ryan Carnes back as Lucas.

Huh.

Well, that's a choice.

by Anonymousreply 365December 22, 2023 7:14 AM

R362. It's so ironic b/c back in the day, that glorious year of GH known as 1978 when I was a freshman in high school and ran home every day to watch it, Tracy was OBSESSED with her son Ned not being shoved off to the side.

She was convinced that AJ was really Rick Webber's son and moved heaven and earth to prove it.

That didn't play out to the summer of 1980 after she'd left. Now, all these decades later, Lila gone, Alan gone, AJ gone, came back, gone again; Edward gone, Jimmy Lee gone...Jason is gone.... Michael's a Corinthos.

I wasn't a fan of the redone Q manse but hey, if it means blocking, entrances, exits are all easier and gets used more -- and comes with Yuri -- that's fine by me.

But it's soooo ironic that someday it'll be Tracy's son and grandkids living in that mansion.

Monica's house.

Alan giving it to her all those years ago was a great plot twist; he loved her so much; adored her. He gave her the house and then tried kicking her out of it after he thought she'd slept with Rick. (She hadn't yet.) Then, she was like nope. This is my house. You gave it to me. Monica needed a win at the time and she got it.

So much of my own family is gone now. It's comforting that this show and these characters, many of them, are still here.

by Anonymousreply 366December 22, 2023 7:20 AM

R353 Exactly. The scabs/producers did a pretty good job with November sweeps, in my opinion, then that's when everything basically fizzled out. To their credit, the writers stopped striking around the time they were already penning the episodes after the ending of their sweeps period, so it stands to reason that they knew that eventually they'd have to handover control back to the writers. Therefore, they didn't put as much effort into the writing as they had months prior, combined with Korte notoriously known for editing scripts, which she had access to for episodes that aired throughout December (which can help to explain her fave Carly being heavily inserted into the Pikeman story).

For an exact timeline between the writers penned scripts and when the scenes actually hit the air, it's generally a twelve week window, with a usual six-eight week filming window between taping and when it hits the air (in most cases, although sometimes they tape scenes two weeks before they air, and are edited in/inserted with scenes filmed six/eight weeks ago to make a full episode, since Frank likes to film out of sequence). Korte had enough time to edit scripts written from the start of September, which first aired after sweeps- last week of November/first weeks of December.

by Anonymousreply 367December 22, 2023 4:15 PM

R354 I heard that too, well actually it was either/or with Aiden being gay or trans. Idk if anyone remembers Liz and Franco having a talk with Lucas and Brad, if I'm not mistaken, about Aiden being "different" when they suspected that he was gay? Nevertheless, the network definitely balked and refused to air that story. It's funny you mentioned Mark on The Conners, was this around the same time as Aiden's dropped story? Because Channing Dungey was in charge around that time and she frequently butted heads with Frank about changing storylines that he approved, and I also remember that she was in charge when Roseanne was fired.

by Anonymousreply 368December 22, 2023 4:20 PM

R365 Wait a second lol did something go down between Ryan Carnes and Tracy Melchior?

by Anonymousreply 369December 22, 2023 4:21 PM

R369

No Melchior was lamenting not being asked back to BB whereas GH was smart enough to reach out to Carnes

by Anonymousreply 370December 23, 2023 4:33 AM

[quote]No Melchior was lamenting not being asked back to BB

She may not have gotten to go back to B&B for a visit. But her Character (Kristin Forrester) got to go safari!

by Anonymousreply 371December 23, 2023 4:40 AM

Nathan Varni tweeted last week after the Emmys that he'd like to bring back lapsed viewers, in this coming year. That set off a firestorm of #WhyIQuitGH tweets, which was seen as his "intentional" plan to get viewers back through Twitter/X backfiring with viewers instead expressing their frustration along with voicing their concerns. Nathan tried to remind viewers to practice "kindness," although that didn't help much. He's concerned because GH started slipping in the ratings every week since Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 372December 23, 2023 5:00 AM

Rumor is that one of the main reasons why Maurice is pushing so hard for his son's character, Adam Wright, to be on more, is because Maurice wants his son to usurp Nicholas Chavez. When Maurice and Chad did that interview where they mentioned "disrespect" they were both "allegedly" taking jabs primarily at Nicholas, who isn't one of Maurice's ass-kissers and isn't particularly close to him or Chad. Maurice and Chad are being accused of harboring resentment and jealousy behind the scenes of Nicholas's success, including his Emmy win in 2022 even though Maurice and Chad both have their own, it's the principle since they "allegedly" feel that his head is too big.

Excerpts from Maurice's interview with Chad on State Of Mind, which made soap headlines about Maurice feeling disrespected by the next generation of actors, this was apparently about Nicholas:

Maurice: They're very confident, but there's a lack of respect. Each decade, I've helped, I've worked with the young generation. There's always a lot of respect. We have lost that. Am I correct or wrong Chad?

Chad: (after quickly mentioning that they were "not necessarily" talking about anyone from their show). It's like almost privileged. It is strange when you see it. If you just there and walk around puffing your chest, or you're like Nah I'm good, you're gonna plateau. The mentality they have doesn't help them in life.

Maurice: I will take some of the blame. I'm not going to bring up any names. Here's what happens with me, if I'm disrespected a little bit, I become an asshole. But I am working on that side of myself, because I don't like it. However my mentality is I've been on the show 30 years, so how dare you disrespect me this much? But I know it's not cool of me, how I retaliate.

by Anonymousreply 373December 23, 2023 5:45 AM

…and yet Maura West, Genie Francis, NLG, Jeff Kober, Charles Shaughnessy, etc., go out of their way to praise Nicholas.

From a recent SOD interview with Maura:

While they’re a thorn in Ava’s side, their portrayers, Nicholas Chavez (Spencer) and Avery Pohl (Esme), are sheer joy for West. “I love both of those young actors — I mean, they’re stars, 100 percent. Nicholas Chavez, he’s on a rocket ship. He can do whatever he wants; he’s just magnificent. They both have the right idea, you know what I mean? They’re on time, they’re good-natured, they know their lines, they’re prepared. They just get it. I think so highly of them both as young actors and as people.”

Anyway, good for Chavez for not waxing Mo’s car like everyone (especially Hofer) else.

by Anonymousreply 374December 23, 2023 6:22 AM

Strange hierarchy and egos on that set. I wish politics didn’t impact what we see on screen.

by Anonymousreply 375December 23, 2023 9:08 AM

Oh, man. Ryan Carnes.

by Anonymousreply 376December 23, 2023 10:51 AM

I loathe egomaniac Mo.

He brags about "retaliating" and is also very glib and smirks on his show when he talks about "scaring" his co-workers with his tantrums such as throwing furniture. The actress who played his sister Courtney was on his show and said she was "afraid" of him. No apology or contriteness, just his creepy smirk and standard "I'm better now".

A sputtering, cue card reading, mediocre actor who gets away with a ton of horrid behavior under the umbrella of bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 377December 23, 2023 1:04 PM

Mo, like Geary, Howarth and a few others are some of the actors who resent having been stuck on soaps, even though they paid the bills for decades. For Howarth it was more of an ATM than anything, but Mo and Geary and some others actually believe they're too good for soaps and take out their frustrations on others because of it.

by Anonymousreply 378December 23, 2023 1:56 PM

Back in 1975, Another World was at the top of the ratings. When its top star, George Reinholt, started having temper tantrums on set and started throwing furniture around, they fired him.

Now on GH, it's top star has been having temper tantrums, throwing furniture on set and bullying costars and other underlings. GH has let him get away with it for the past 20 years -- by all accounts, the behavior didn't start until JFP, Bob Guza and Brian Frons made him the center of the show. Show seem to keep rewarding him for the behavior rather than punish him.

by Anonymousreply 379December 23, 2023 9:10 PM

I think the GH cast does its best acting when they coddle him about his memoir or his acting or his you tube talk show where he talks about mental health.

I blame more the people who empowered him than M himself.

by Anonymousreply 380December 23, 2023 9:48 PM

Why is it that when GH brings in a villain I like, they quickly dispose of him?

I really liked Shiloh, so naturally, he lasted less than a year.

I was liking John Brennan, so naturally, he's gone after just a month.

Meanwhile, I did not like Cyrus at first. Not in the least. But he stuck around and even got Laura for a sister.

by Anonymousreply 381December 27, 2023 5:10 AM

R376 Is that a good or bad "Oh man, Ryan Carnes" 😁

by Anonymousreply 382December 27, 2023 8:46 PM

R374 R375 R377 R378 R379 R380 Couldn't agree with you guys any more. Unfortunately it's going to stay this way unless he retires, which he has hinted at although I'd have to see it to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 383December 27, 2023 8:49 PM

R381 In the case of Shiloh, he really caught on with a lot of fans, the character and Coby Ryan McLaughlin, however he somehow got on Frank's bad side "allegedly" which played into his exit, for some wanted him back as Nikolas if there wasn't any redemption for Shiloh.

As for Brennan, this seems to be a result of the original writers returning and undoing the material penned by the producers/scabs.

by Anonymousreply 384December 27, 2023 8:52 PM

Expect a big "end of the year" cliffhanger this Friday, according to speculation.

by Anonymousreply 385December 27, 2023 9:32 PM

*glug glug glug*

Uh oh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 27, 2023 10:06 PM

R386 Lol Brandon still has his DOOL income, doesn't he? TempMaxie seemed slightly nervous at first, then she eased more into her scenes.

by Anonymousreply 387December 27, 2023 10:35 PM

Mo likes to say he's thinking about retiring because he loves all the fans begging him not to.

by Anonymousreply 388December 28, 2023 1:52 AM

Who let Kirsten dip back into her meth stash?

by Anonymousreply 389December 28, 2023 1:29 PM

R388 Without a doubt 😁 100%

by Anonymousreply 390December 28, 2023 3:20 PM

R389 What if she comes back close to her original shape, like an Ozempic break?

by Anonymousreply 391December 28, 2023 3:21 PM

She’ll have to be on Ozempic for many, many months before she returns to her “original” weight and size, circa 2012.

by Anonymousreply 392December 28, 2023 9:31 PM

R392 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 393December 29, 2023 12:12 AM

The return of C&D is total garbage. They could've at least been brainstorming a decent direction for the show during their time away.

Alexis is a blubbering cunt.

Whoever gave Ally Mills an Emmy should be flogged. She plays Heather like a hillbilly meth head.

by Anonymousreply 394December 29, 2023 6:14 PM

Is Lesley Webber still alive? I’d hope we’d see her for Bobbies memorial if possible.

by Anonymousreply 395December 29, 2023 11:55 PM

Ingo is IG making snide remarks about the GH 60th Anniversary Special show. "Come celebrate 60 years unless you're a republican. Got it.".

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 396December 29, 2023 11:56 PM

Supposedly the now grown-up actress who played BJ will be amongst the mourners at Bobbie's funeral.

I wonder if TPTB will have Jackie's daughters involved in some way too. Like they did with Sean Donely, actor's daughter was in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 397December 30, 2023 12:01 AM

Ingo is pathetic and unemployable.

by Anonymousreply 398December 30, 2023 5:25 PM

R398 Ingo might be able to get a role in some Florida dinner theatre or a cruise ship production.

by Anonymousreply 399December 30, 2023 7:21 PM

Maybe Ingo can get a job with the DeSantis campaign? He can fetch spoons for Ronnie's pudding cups so he doesn't have to use his fingers or perhaps polish his Go-Go boots.

by Anonymousreply 400December 30, 2023 7:25 PM

r399

is the Burt Reynolds Theatre hiring?

by Anonymousreply 401December 30, 2023 8:43 PM

[quote]Ingo is IG making snide remarks about the GH 60th Anniversary Special show. "Come celebrate 60 years unless you're a republican. Got it.".

Ingo's really good at playing the victim.

And he's just determined to keep burning those bridges.

Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 402December 31, 2023 1:41 AM

If GH is hoping to lure back lapsed viewers, that suggests they're going to bring back some characters.

So, what characters do you want to see return to GH?

by Anonymousreply 403January 1, 2024 3:57 AM

[quote] So, what characters do you want to see return to GH?

Steve, Audrey, Jesse, and Phil

by Anonymousreply 404January 1, 2024 4:35 AM

If show is trying to bring back lapsed viewers, they'll probably let Steve Burton come back.

I'd love to have Lucas back full time, but apparently Ryan Carnes isn't interested in playing Lucas full time. But glad to see he did come back to film Bobbie's funeral.

I wouldn't mind having Steven Lars back, but he's far from a fan favorite. Steven Lars return would also mean more screen time for Heather. Hopefully show can convince Robin Mattson to come back.

by Anonymousreply 405January 2, 2024 5:18 PM

Lois' 1990s shtick isn't working, it's grating actually. Are they going to give Rena a decent storyline or is she wrapping up her stint?

by Anonymousreply 406January 3, 2024 2:36 PM

Steve Burton confirms exit from DOOL. We all know what that means....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407January 3, 2024 8:12 PM

Carnes is too busy being a HOT drummer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408January 4, 2024 9:39 AM

R394 Plenty of viewers are dissatisfied with C&D and actually preferred the producers/scabs over them, which the network was aware of; although they're still under contract, some rumors were floating around that they might be replaced. One rumor had Jamey Giddens under consideration as an addition to their writing team, until he was welcomed back to Days recently.

by Anonymousreply 409January 4, 2024 12:49 PM

R395 Lesley is still alive & well. Believe she's still married to that guy she left town with.

by Anonymousreply 410January 4, 2024 12:51 PM

R405 R407 Rumors were running rampant that Steve already started planning his return last year, when he knew his time at Days was almost up. Frank allegedly isn't too keen on it however the network might override him, once again like they did in 2017 when Maurice went over Frank's head to have him return. Yes Nathan Varni is making it his mission to bring back lapsed viewers and Steve Burton is a fan favorite.

by Anonymousreply 411January 4, 2024 12:58 PM

R408 Muy caliente 🥵 😁

by Anonymousreply 412January 4, 2024 1:00 PM

Has it been announced that Huss is the permanent Nikolas recast, or are we still waiting on a "name" actor?

by Anonymousreply 413January 4, 2024 2:19 PM

I liked AH at first but have become disenchanted and hope he is just a place holder until they find a proper aristocratic yet dark prince for the role.

Did he get veneers recently? The way he speaks and moves his lips is off-putting. He didn't speak that way initially.

by Anonymousreply 414January 4, 2024 2:26 PM

We need a new Nik who is worthy of the role that Tyler made iconic. If they bring Jason back PLEASE make it a restart - less Sonny/carly. More q oriented. Maybe a Liason reunion? It’s gotta feel fresh and im not okay with a fifty year old action mod enforcer.

by Anonymousreply 415January 4, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote]Did he get veneers recently? The way he speaks and moves his lips is off-putting. He didn't speak that way initially.

Don't know about veneers but Adam Huss did speak oddly from time to time and could move his mouth is odd ways.

by Anonymousreply 416January 4, 2024 5:01 PM

Don't forget the GH 60th anniversary prime time special is tonight at 10 p.m. on ABC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417January 4, 2024 5:20 PM

I haven't watched TV at 10pm on a Thursday since Knots Landing was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 418January 4, 2024 5:53 PM

R413 R414 R415 Adam Huss is still on a temporary basis, if Frank makes him permanent instead of a placeholder, it'll be his first time hiring a temp as the primary recast.

Supposedly they're still on the lookout for a "name actor" with Jordi Vilasuso being one of the main ones mentioned in casting rumors awhile back. If not a "name" then definitely a newcomer Frank sees potential in. There's also speculation that Spencer will also be recast as NAC is expected to leave

by Anonymousreply 419January 4, 2024 6:12 PM

R417 That's similar to their "50th Anniversary Prime-time Special" in a sense, however I believe that was on a "very special" 20/20 back in 2013.

Ironically, GH had a cancellation date of January 4th, 2013, for Frank and Rob had roughly a year to turn it around (ABC was planning to sell them to Prospect Park, however renewed interested from viewers rescued them)

by Anonymousreply 420January 4, 2024 6:19 PM

*Meant Frank and Ron 😁 at R420. Autocorrect smh

by Anonymousreply 421January 4, 2024 6:21 PM

Jordi wasn't looking very dashing in a recent photo with his wife and brood. Any other "name" actors being considered?

If they want renewed interest from viewers Jason needs to come back as Jason Quartermaine.

by Anonymousreply 422January 4, 2024 6:22 PM

Jordi is a good actor, no doubt about that. However, I don't know that Jordi can pull off the arrogant, entitled aristocrat that Nikolas is.

Tyler could play arrogant and entitled very well. Marcus Coloma didn't even try to do it. He just played Nikolas as a surfer dude with lots of money.

Adam Huss is a far, far better actor than Marcus, but even he didn't capture the entitled aristocrat aspect of Nikolas.

by Anonymousreply 423January 4, 2024 6:29 PM

R422 The other ones weren't seriously mentioned, although some fans were running with rumors of either Vincent Irizarry or Eddie Cibrian back then. Vincent as Nikolas was met with disapproval since he was deemed too old for Nikolas, yet more suited for either a stint as AMC's Dr. David Hayward (which some her have suggested) or as another Cassadine. As for Eddie, some thought Frank would be aiming too high if he reached out to him.

by Anonymousreply 424January 4, 2024 6:47 PM

*Which some here have suggested at R424

by Anonymousreply 425January 4, 2024 6:48 PM

R422 R423 It doesn't seem like it will be Jordi though, because if that were the case, Frank could've signed him back in the fall instead of continuing to bring Adam back. Apparently Frank isn't sold on a permanent recast as of yet.

by Anonymousreply 426January 4, 2024 6:51 PM

Shiloh actor would be great as Nikolas.

We've said it before and its still true now.

by Anonymousreply 427January 4, 2024 7:01 PM

I think Shiloh actor had something MB didn't like: Talent.

by Anonymousreply 428January 4, 2024 7:39 PM

Rumors have Michael Easton out (although if it's true, it would be by his own volition) and a Lulu recast on the way (Temp Maxie auditioned for Lulu)

by Anonymousreply 429January 4, 2024 8:56 PM

Another rumor has Julie Marie Berman back as Lulu, if not then a recast again (Emme Rylan apparently isn't under consideration)

by Anonymousreply 430January 4, 2024 8:58 PM

Supposedly there's a surprise twist on tomorrow's show. The last time this was referenced, Austin was killed off.

by Anonymousreply 431January 4, 2024 10:02 PM

Suprise twist? Hmmm. Hopefully Esme tells Nik that Ace isn't his son and we never have to hear Spencer say "my baby brother" again.

Or since Laura mentioned Lulu today, maybe we see Lulu waking up at the end of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 432January 4, 2024 10:06 PM

Yes Bobbie comes down from heaven to wake Lulu up!

by Anonymousreply 433January 4, 2024 10:14 PM

R432 That would make perfect sense, especially if it really is Julie Marie back as Lulu. Other guesses are Steve Burton 😁

by Anonymousreply 434January 4, 2024 10:54 PM

Eddie Cibrian would make a good Nik. Casper Van Dein as better Jason. Screw Steve Burton!

by Anonymousreply 435January 5, 2024 1:37 AM

R432 Sorry, the surprise twist is supposed to be revealed on the GH primetime special tonight- not on tomorrow's show.

by Anonymousreply 436January 5, 2024 2:16 AM

Big surprise - Steve Burton is back.

by Anonymousreply 437January 5, 2024 3:04 AM

R437 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 438January 5, 2024 3:18 AM

I can't decide if that GH special was great or a piece of crap.

Genie's toast was great.

But where were the clips? Poor Rick Springfield looked and sounded so old.

by Anonymousreply 439January 5, 2024 6:17 AM

I liked the long tracking shot of the actors walking and talking around the studio at the end. It was fun to see all the various sets. Otherwise, it seemed like kind of a random grab bag.

by Anonymousreply 440January 5, 2024 9:24 AM

R435 Casper Van Dein?! Are you mad? He's aging TERRIBLY.

by Anonymousreply 441January 5, 2024 10:11 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442January 5, 2024 12:05 PM

Shit, forgot about Daily Mail links. Here’s the image on its own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443January 5, 2024 12:08 PM

Worst kept secret revealed, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444January 5, 2024 1:31 PM

Ex-Mrs. Steve Burton's new guy/baby daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445January 5, 2024 1:43 PM

R445 He looks like an upgrade! Much hotter than Beef Jerky Burton.

by Anonymousreply 446January 5, 2024 1:48 PM

Definitely an upgrade. Here's another shot with baby #1, there are now expecting baby #2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447January 5, 2024 1:52 PM

Go Sheree go! Get that GOOD dick!

by Anonymousreply 448January 5, 2024 2:02 PM

R439 I think you can't decide, in my opinion, because it was a little bit of both? Some of the clips and highlights were great, along with some of the commentary- John Stamos was pretty good, while others, with the scripted comedy parts, were sort of cringe worthy.

by Anonymousreply 449January 5, 2024 3:22 PM

R443 Nicholas Chavez looks delicious in those pics 😋 🤤

by Anonymousreply 450January 5, 2024 3:26 PM

Was she cheating on Steve or were they already broken up?

by Anonymousreply 451January 5, 2024 3:26 PM

R444 Right. The network wanted to wait until the special for the reveal except it was on the rumor mill for a while that he was out at Days and on his way back to GH.

by Anonymousreply 452January 5, 2024 3:28 PM

Is the Jason character really that important to GH? Is that why they got rid of Roger Howarth - to pay for Steve? What's the story going to be?

by Anonymousreply 453January 5, 2024 3:30 PM

R451 Lol she definitely cheated on him and got pregnant with her little girl while they were still married. That's why their marriage dissolved and he publicly declared that she's pregnant but that's her baby, not mine. Interestingly enough, Maurice and Laura are still buddies with her, so they didn't choose sides.

by Anonymousreply 454January 5, 2024 3:32 PM

R453 That's what's been mentioned through rumors, that Roger was let go to pay for two big returns, with Steve being one and possibly Ted King as the other (the other return is being kept top secret; it's a character who hasn't been on on over a decade)

by Anonymousreply 455January 5, 2024 3:35 PM

Steve is on the hook for $10k per month in child support. What would he have done if GH hadn’t come through?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 5, 2024 3:36 PM

R456 Good question lol but he knew that he was returning to GH when they finalized their divorce. Otherwise he most likely would've asked for a lowered amount, since his podcast and fitness business, etc. aren't necessarily bringing in the same regular income as soaps, seeing how he's always trying to stay in soaps whenever one lets him go.

by Anonymousreply 457January 5, 2024 3:40 PM

R448 It's been said that Steve isn't exactly packing in the meat department, so it might be is an upgrade to Grade A beef 😁

by Anonymousreply 458January 5, 2024 3:42 PM

Kelly Monaco has also been on a Jasam campaign since last year, saying it was her best pairing. Laura Wright, of course, continues to believe that Carly's true love is Jason; she wasted no time btw after the special aired to update her Twitter/X with a "best team in town" post, sharing a side-by-side picture of Sonny/Carly/Jason then another of just Carly/Jason. It's like she immediately went Drew who? They could play the triangle angle with Carly/Jason/Sam although if it's up to Laura she'll just use her power of veto and have Jason all to herself, like she did when the writers wanted Jason/Britt

by Anonymousreply 459January 5, 2024 3:47 PM

Hasn't Cameron Mathison failed to catch on? I wonder if they're booting him.

by Anonymousreply 460January 5, 2024 3:50 PM

Rumor is that an explosion will happen with a character or character(s) being killed off. Some fans are guessing Dex since Jason is back, with Josslyn going to Adam Wright.

by Anonymousreply 461January 5, 2024 3:56 PM

R460 He has failed to catch on, so has his pairing "Crew" lol except he's really good friends with Frank (the reason why he's on GH is because he contacted Frank and asked him for a job after Entertainment Tonight let him go). However, Frank is known to be cutthroat, so he could still let him go.

by Anonymousreply 462January 5, 2024 3:59 PM

Has anyone else noticed that Maurice's son has picked up his acting tics and even sounds like Sonny at times? I know since they are blood related it stands to reason there'd be similarities, however it's a little jarring lol especially since Sonny and Adam aren't related, from what we know so far. He is obviously being mentored by his father and following his footsteps lol he's not bad, just the apple doesn't fall far...

by Anonymousreply 463January 5, 2024 4:03 PM

It would be amusing if Dex was killed off so Mo's son can step into a larger role. All of Evan Hofer's bowing and scraping to Mo and calling him "boss" on social media would have been for naught. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 464January 5, 2024 4:05 PM

Evan Hofer is the type of actor who has the right level of looks and talent to have a long-term soap career; they should be investing in guys like him, Swickard, Bellow, and Josh Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 465January 5, 2024 4:06 PM

Joshua Benard is talented but he’s very young and it shows; Eden looks like his babysitter (which her character often is to his anyway).

by Anonymousreply 466January 5, 2024 4:08 PM

Unless Frank wants his gay card revoked, I can't imagine any scenario where he would willingly fire the guy who plays Dex. He's hot.

by Anonymousreply 467January 5, 2024 4:10 PM

Last night's special was clearly written for the general TV audience that has some passing familiarity with GH. Perhaps lapsed viewers.

Wasn't written for current viewers.

Glad they finally gave Genie some screen time at the very end. I would have preferred more Genie and less Laura Wright.

Wish they'd given Kin Shriner some interview time too. Maybe a little less Stephen Smith and more Kin.

by Anonymousreply 468January 5, 2024 4:59 PM

It needed a lot less Stephen Smith.

by Anonymousreply 469January 5, 2024 5:14 PM

R467 If Dex is let go, I think it would be more of a network decision than Frank's. Even Eden and Maurice wouldn't be able to do anything except advocate on his behalf to stay, which could work out in his favor, though it's no guarantee. They're just rumors for right now, he might turn out to be an Alcazar kid for all we know and is still there if/when there's a Ted King return.

by Anonymousreply 470January 5, 2024 5:25 PM

John Stamos got an inordinate amount of screen time.

And I would never have recognized Amber Tamblyn.

by Anonymousreply 471January 5, 2024 5:41 PM

They way they were featuring Rena Sofer last night, you'd have thought Lois was practically the center of the show.

Is Lois still scheduled to be shipped back to Bensonhurst? Or have they put Rena on a long term contract now?

by Anonymousreply 472January 5, 2024 5:43 PM

Can’t GH save their money and lure Tamara Braun back as Carly! We need her if they ever want us to buy into Carson or even if Ted King is back we need her Carly. After seeing TB and Steve on DAYS I’d love them to reunite on GH!!! Why doesn’t GH see the value?

by Anonymousreply 473January 5, 2024 6:05 PM

All My Children debuted 54 years ago today.

by Anonymousreply 474January 5, 2024 8:06 PM

R472 Rena's visit was only supposed to be short-term through the holidays however she's apparently become really close with Frank, so a contract or at least even heavier recurring could be on the horizon.

by Anonymousreply 475January 5, 2024 8:25 PM

I like having Rena back. As long as she's not the center of the show, she's a great mix into the Tracy story.

by Anonymousreply 476January 5, 2024 8:28 PM

R473 Frank loves Laura Wright too much for that to happen and he isn't exactly on good terms with Tamara anymore after he laid her off as Kim. Even if LW were to leave on her own (like she had planned before in 2017, with Frank planning to bring in Tamara as Carly again) he probably wouldn't reach out to Tamara even if she weren't on Days.

by Anonymousreply 477January 5, 2024 8:28 PM

R474 Sure did I thought about that earlier. Happy Anniversary AMC

by Anonymousreply 478January 5, 2024 8:29 PM

what was the surprise at the end of the ep today?

by Anonymousreply 479January 5, 2024 8:30 PM

R479 That was an error, the surprise wasn't at the end of today's show, it was at the end of last night's primetime anniversary show (Jason reveal)

by Anonymousreply 480January 5, 2024 11:12 PM

WTF with the doors?

by Anonymousreply 481January 6, 2024 12:33 AM

R481 😆 Signifying that while one door closed for him, another one opened for him (out at Days, back in at GH). Also, there's potentially a Carly/Jason/Sam triangle, which is why those two were with him.

by Anonymousreply 482January 6, 2024 1:26 AM

So long Dante....Your paycheck is going into the god awful Jason Fund. DZ will be out by spring. Wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 483January 6, 2024 2:34 AM

Dante is inexplicable. In 2023, he was in the fifth highest number of eps (after Sonny, Nina, Carly, and Spencer) and yet he never gets his own storyline. He always just stands around delivering exposition. If DZ’s agent negotiated a ridiculously high episode guarantee then I can see how there might be a target on his back.

by Anonymousreply 484January 6, 2024 12:37 PM

Dom must have a huge cock and lets Frankie or someone at ABC ride it regularly.

by Anonymousreply 485January 6, 2024 1:00 PM

Time to invest in a Ava pairing that make sense - Nik? Jason? Dante? Or will we get a Sonny/Ava dynamic? Alcazar? Ric Lansing? Finn?

by Anonymousreply 486January 6, 2024 2:29 PM

My guess is CM / Drew will flip out and be written off shortly after Jason reappears. Not sure what will happen with Dex now that Jason is back…will it be a long lost? If they insist on tying this guy to the canvas I’d prefer he was the son of AJ and Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 487January 6, 2024 2:31 PM

Fun fact: Dom showed his cock on an episode of The L Word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488January 6, 2024 3:42 PM

Dominic actually walked away from GH when Frank tried lowballing him with a 5 episode per month guarantee in negotiations, so that's why he initially quit. Then he was asked back to do a guest stint here and there, which led to him and Frank discussing a way for him to return permanently with a more suitable contract. They're also in the process of recasting Lulu, if Julie Marie Berman doesn't reprise her role, so he might stick around.

by Anonymousreply 489January 6, 2024 5:00 PM

I hope Lulu wakes up for Charlotte's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 490January 6, 2024 5:06 PM

Can't Adam just delete the nasty comments and block? Maybe not a good idea to make a fuss at this early stage in his stint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491January 6, 2024 7:18 PM

Are Coloma, Shriner and Bernard still doing Star Trek cosplay?

by Anonymousreply 492January 6, 2024 7:41 PM

^I thought the "Three Dumb Dicks" title of their YT show was fitting. They haven't been squawking about it lately so maybe they disbanded.

by Anonymousreply 493January 6, 2024 7:47 PM

Gotta assume Coloma is one child support payment away from OnlyFans at this point.

by Anonymousreply 494January 6, 2024 8:58 PM

Laura tweeted out a pic of Carly with Sonny and Jason declaring all was right in Carly's world.

She is oblivious to how that reads; BOBBIE just DIED!!!!

by Anonymousreply 495January 7, 2024 7:28 PM

Who'll be the first to write an explosive BTS tell-all when GH is finally cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 496January 7, 2024 7:46 PM

the ones without book deals will be blasting stuff out on social

by Anonymousreply 497January 7, 2024 8:13 PM

Doesn't NLG already have a book ready to go for the moment she retires and/or is fired?

by Anonymousreply 498January 7, 2024 8:36 PM

Seems like ingo could do that

by Anonymousreply 499January 8, 2024 12:36 AM

Half the GH set, as well as other soaps, are MAGA. Those actors are just smart enough to not go the Ingo route. It's a delicate dance when you have to appeal to a broad range of people, just keep your social media to soap shit as long as you need the paycheck. NLG has made it clear now that her daughter is out of the house and paid for, she's set - so she can blab all she wants about politics because if she's fired tomorrow her house is paid for.

by Anonymousreply 500January 8, 2024 12:59 AM

A tell all GH behind the scenes would be great! The 80s, 90s, and the Giza reign of terror I care the most about. Maurice and Steve and Tony Geary sound like nightmares!

by Anonymousreply 501January 8, 2024 1:09 AM

Was it a Guza reign of terror? All the actors seem imply that it was the golden age of GH under his writing.

by Anonymousreply 502January 8, 2024 1:11 AM

During Guza's first and second runs, in the late 90s while Wendy Riche was still there, it might have been a golden age.

But during Guza's third run in the 2000s under JFP and Brian Frons, it was definitely a reign of terror. Guza installed a mobster, his hitman and his moll as the moral center of the show.

by Anonymousreply 503January 8, 2024 1:38 AM

You can get a taste of a lot of behind the scenes antics in Finola Hughes fictionalized version of the soap world, SoapSuds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 8, 2024 1:43 AM

The Maxi-substitute's on-again, off-again appearances mixed in with Kirsten Storms appearances illustrates perfectly exactly how out of order GH films its scenes.

by Anonymousreply 505January 8, 2024 9:23 PM

Does Dom still have that tramp stamp?

by Anonymousreply 506January 10, 2024 12:37 PM

Yes he does, at least as of this morning! ;)

by Anonymousreply 507January 10, 2024 7:25 PM

That was Brighton Hertford (Barbara Jean "BJ" Jones) as reporter in Bobbie's story for anyone who wasn't aware.

by Anonymousreply 508January 11, 2024 5:02 AM

Kristina Wagner is quietly stealing this whole Bobbie’s funeral arc. Her emotions are so accessible.

How would you rank Bobbie’s pallbearers (Michael, Spencer., Drew. Lucas, Felix, Kevin) in order of fuckability?

by Anonymousreply 509January 11, 2024 2:17 PM

Lucas! Drew Michael Spencer Felix Kevin

by Anonymousreply 510January 11, 2024 2:35 PM

The actress playing the AP reporter wanting to do an article on Bobbie is the same actress that played young BJ. I think GH is going to give us a story connected to the most remembered story in all of GH.

The Bobbie has died story has given us one of the best weeks in years. Probably because it is actually so close to real life. Jackie's best friends in life are/were Kristina Wagner, Finola Hughes and Lynn Herring. And it showed.

by Anonymousreply 511January 11, 2024 3:27 PM

I'd go with Lucas, Lucas, Lucas, and then, Spencer, Spencer, Spencer.

Cameron would be like having sex with your big brother. He's too nice and I never get a vibe from him.

The other guys are fine but Lucas and Spencer push all the buttons.

by Anonymousreply 512January 11, 2024 4:16 PM

Lynn Herring gave a nice interview about Jackie and the episodes.

She really shared a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 11, 2024 4:16 PM

On Tuesday's show, Carly said that Lucas was helping Drew look after Wiley.

Lucas, who originally believed he was Wiley's father, is now baby sitting Wiley?!?!

As far as we know, there has been no contact between Lucas and Wiley since Lucas revealed that Michael is the father back in 2020.

Those could have been some interesting scenes to see Lucas's reaction to being with Wiley again. Interesting scenes for Ryan Carnes to play. Too bad they happened off camera.

by Anonymousreply 514January 11, 2024 6:08 PM

I've enjoyed hating on GH the last few years, but they "Champ"ed some tears out of me today.

by Anonymousreply 515January 11, 2024 7:56 PM

Kristina Wagner had done a really good job. From "not Barbara Jean" all those years ago to "it was Barbara Jean" was soapy but kinda wonderful.

My guess is the writers wrote this arc during the strike. And the cast pulled it off. There was a lot of heart for Jackie/Bobbie. Soaps always try for these kind of scenes - but this was really well done.

by Anonymousreply 516January 11, 2024 9:14 PM

[quote]My guess is the writers wrote this arc during the strike.

They better not have.

by Anonymousreply 517January 11, 2024 9:17 PM

R498 You would be correct 😁

by Anonymousreply 518January 11, 2024 10:09 PM

Rumor is Rebecca Budig is returning as Hayden for either Finn or Drew (or both). Cameron's contract is up this summer

by Anonymousreply 519January 11, 2024 10:11 PM

R515 Same here. Some fans complained about yesterday's show, saying it didn't have enough heart and was centered too much around Carly, however today seemed to make up for it

by Anonymousreply 520January 11, 2024 10:13 PM

R516 Supposedly they were written as soon as the writers returned from striking. They specifically wanted to write Bobbie's memorial scenes along Nina's SEC reveal to Sonny, Carly and Drew, so Frank and the temps/producers obliged. They did have a lot of time to figure out what they were going to do though (a lot of fans guessed that it would be heavily focused on Carly and that they would change Kelly's to Bobbie's, also guessing that Carly would be written as a victim in the SEC story)

by Anonymousreply 521January 11, 2024 10:22 PM

If Cameron's contract is up in the summer they need to get him a nice cake and a card wishing him well and send him on his merry way.

by Anonymousreply 522January 11, 2024 10:29 PM

Today's ep was great(the parts I could see because of the fucking PATRIOTS)... I cried

by Anonymousreply 523January 11, 2024 10:36 PM

If they're going to play a Jason-Carly-Sam triangle rather than a Jason-Carly-Drew triangle, that speaks volumes about Cameron's future.

by Anonymousreply 524January 11, 2024 10:57 PM

R524 Rumor is that it won't be much of a triangle with Sam being the odd woman out with Jason/Carly and Dante/Lulu after the smoke clears. Although Kelly seems interested in Jason and Sam reuniting, Laura holds more rank (which is why there wasn't really much of a Carly/Jason/Britt triangle). Stories are changed all the time by the writers themselves, Frank, the network and on this show the actors also 😁 It's going to definitely start off with Jason/Carly/Drew obviously and Laura's going to revel in it

by Anonymousreply 525January 11, 2024 11:35 PM

Is Julie Berman really coming back?

by Anonymousreply 526January 11, 2024 11:49 PM

R526 She's rumored to be contemplating returning. If not then there will be another recast (Emme Rylan isn't under consideration). Temp Maxie, Nicole Paggi, originally auditioned for Lulu, right before being cast as Maxie.

by Anonymousreply 527January 12, 2024 12:08 AM

Emme Rylan was wrong for Lulu from Day One. How she lasted seven years in the role is beyond me.

She was quite good as Lizzie Spaulding and she was decent as Abbey Newman, but totally wrong for Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 528January 12, 2024 12:25 AM

How long are we stuck with neponerd Adam?

I guess I sort of answered my own question>..

by Anonymousreply 529January 13, 2024 1:13 AM

I expect Mo Jr. will be given a contract with 5 episodes per week guarantee any day now.

by Anonymousreply 530January 13, 2024 1:23 AM

I think I read it here before but doesn't anyone have what the original plan for Nelle was and why it was axed?

by Anonymousreply 531January 14, 2024 12:11 AM

I don't know what the original plan was for Nelle but I believe someone mentioned the actress was not well liked behind the scenes which may explain why Frank let her out of her contract when she asked to be released.

by Anonymousreply 532January 14, 2024 12:33 AM

Why wasn't Robert Scoprio at Bobbie's funeral? He's in town, so really no reason for him not to be there.

Would have been nice if Lesley Webber came back to town for Bobbie's funeral.

Too bad Monica was sick and couldn't make it to the funeral, even if it was in a wheelchair. Guess Leslie Charleson didn't feel well enough to be in a large crowd of people for the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 533January 14, 2024 2:56 AM

OMG today when Spencer brought out Ace to meet Nicholas and the baby immediately reached out to Nicholas to be held! I wonder if they were expecting that? It seemed like they were both kind of surprised, MARY, I started tearing up.

by Anonymousreply 534January 16, 2024 12:46 AM

I was just going to post about this, r534. Adam Huss got the baby seal of approval! He has photos of I believe his nieces on SM, so he must be good with kids.

by Anonymousreply 535January 16, 2024 1:23 AM

Extraordinary work by Huss and NAC today. Get Huss on contract, Frank.

by Anonymousreply 536January 16, 2024 1:44 AM

R532 Correct. Someone referred to her as believing she was the "Meryl Streep" of daytime and around the GH set. Frank adored her; so much so that he actually waited for her to become available, from another project she was working on, instead of casting someone else as Nelle, because he was so impressed with her performance as a younger Pat Spencer (Nelle was originally scheduled to show up months prior, possibly around April 2016, to coincide with Carly's 20 year anniversary of arriving in Port Charles, since Nelle was patterned after Carly and initially slated to be her long lost daughter, until Frank changed it).

by Anonymousreply 537January 16, 2024 9:24 PM

Frank was also the one who decided to make Nelle Nina's daughter when the writers (Shelly A./Chris VE.) who brought Willow on had always designated Willow as her daughter (as far back to when Michelle was still Nina) The writers before (Jean P./Shelly A.) had to figure out a way to tie Nelle to Carly besides being mother and daughter when Frank was adamant about them not having any blood ties, for he wanted Nelle and Michael to have a big couples storyline.

by Anonymousreply 538January 16, 2024 9:35 PM

R531 Sorry should've addressed you at R537 and R538 as well. The original plan for Nelle was that she would've been Carly's long lost daughter, coming to town to uproot her life and seek revenge for Carly "abandoning her" (the father would've possibly been Reese Marshall's father, aka the real Carly Roberts' dad Daniel who Carly slept with in high school)

by Anonymousreply 539January 16, 2024 9:42 PM

Emme believes she is going to return as Lulu so I guess it will be a surprise when she doesn't.....

by Anonymousreply 540January 16, 2024 9:49 PM

Frank also refused to entertain any notions of a Nelle recast (although he'd probably let her come back full-time if she wanted to, besides the guesr stints here and there, unlike Bryan Craig or Kristen Alderson, who had to settle for guest appearances) Carly would then have another rival however Carly always wins in the end, so it really wouldn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 541January 16, 2024 9:50 PM

R540 Right she really wants her role back. She was upset when they originally laid her off.

by Anonymousreply 542January 16, 2024 9:52 PM

GH Rumor Mill: (These are churning around, but take them with a grain of salt)

*A character who hasn't been on in years is on their way back. Guesses are Lorenzo Alcazar.

*Besides Kristina's surrogate pregnancy, expect another "surprise pregnancy." Guesses are Brook-Lynn and Chase, Sam and Dante, Liz and Finn.

*Carly and Sonny are slated to reunite. Maurice doesn't want that, neither Laura necessarily, however Maurice is willing to give up something he likes (Sonny and Nina) for something he loves, Joshua (Adam Wright on canvas as a contract player).

*Deception's ad campaign brings someone from Cody and Dante's past to town (possibly a woman to threaten Cody's burgeoning relationship with Sasha)

*Cyrus is shot by a mysterious assailant. When the suspect is revealed (after many are accused) someone returns to town and takes the fall for them.

*Michael confesses to Sonny that he hired Dex to get back at him. Sonny forgives Michael, yet seeks revenge on Dex (Dex is possibly being killed off)

*Someone decides to decimate the Cassadines, so they must stick together to stop them (guesses are Esme and Heather)

*A familiar face returns on the opposing side of Finn's trial. Past indiscretions also arise, shaking Finn's confidence in the outcome of his career and Liz standing by him.

*Blaze is blindsided when an anonymous tipster reveals that she's in a relationship with Kristina, at a for Kristina's LGBTQ center. Blaze wants Kristina to deny they're together, yet Kristina is torn between being honest and being loyal to Blaze.

by Anonymousreply 543January 16, 2024 10:17 PM

r543

isn't the person who has been off canvas for years Jason or is it someone else?

by Anonymousreply 544January 16, 2024 10:22 PM

GH Rumor Mill Cont.

*ABC/Disney have given more money to GH. However, they have also placed a person in charge of reining in Frank aka a manager (which can also explain his dourness, especially at Daytime Emmy's). Guesses are its Nathan Varni.

*Jason's return will pick up where it left off, being involved in Drew's back story and reuniting with Carly, however there's a plan in place to reunite former "supercouples" in an effort to bring back former viewers and a sense of familiarity (Sonny & Carly, Jason & Sam, Lulu & Dante, Maxie & Spinelli, etc.)

*Laura wants Jason/Carly, however she wants to keep the show afloat, so whatever the network and Frank's manager wants, she's willing to agree with, even if it means no Jason/Carly. Apparently Frank was more about appeasing certain actors while Frank's manager wants to make the network happy, therefore actors be damned.

*Josh Swickard was thisclose to not resigning his contract, which was up in February, primarily due to dissatisfaction with playing Chase. However, he chose to reup his contract.

*Frank's manager wants to focus heavily on the younger set (teens and twenty-somethings) which could include an influx of newer ones to engage with the ones already around. There's no longer an onset acting coach for the younger performers (which was the case for years, pre-Frank) however they have their own individual coaches/mentors. An onset coach being reinstated is a possibility, especially with Frank's manager wanting a strong younger set who can handle heavy dramatic scenes

*The writers will now run their ideas by the manager for final approval instead of Frank, who has been known to constantly reject a lot of their storyline proposals. The manager believes that only a handful things are working right now, and they're happy with the recent rise in ratings, however they want changes made as soon as possible, and the writers believe that they're up to the task after being stifled by Frank. The caveat to this agreement states that if the supervisor greenlights their stories, should they happen to fail, then there will not be any repercussions towards the supervisor, it'll land solely on the writers.

by Anonymousreply 545January 16, 2024 10:50 PM

R544 Someone else. One was Jason and the other is still unknown.

by Anonymousreply 546January 16, 2024 10:52 PM

Perhaps as he tried to escape Cassadine Island, Jason stumbled upon the freezer where Helena, Stavros and Tony Cassadine (Mikos's other brother, last seen in August 1981 when Mikos froze him) are all being kept.

Likely Jason somehow accidentally unthawed one or more of them and they now control Jason.

by Anonymousreply 547January 16, 2024 11:00 PM

I'd be curious to see a list of the writers' ideas that Frank vetoed. After the stinkers (The Hook is Heather! Teen Liz kills Reiko! Austin Gatlin Holt!) that passed muster, I can only imagine.

by Anonymousreply 548January 17, 2024 10:21 AM

R548 In Frank's defense, it was the network (under then CEO of Disney, Bob Chapek, who was the one that brought in the no rape policy and the vaccine mandate) that forced the writers to make Heather the hook killer (one rumor had Esme as the killer) and also Esme's mother (instead of Felicia, partly because of Kristina's son's overdose, although supposedly it had more to do with the no rape policy in place, since Ryan would have somehow assaulted her or had her drugged and her eggs removed, with a surrogate carrying their baby Esme, without Felicia knowing what had taken place). Bob Chapek was in charge of the network from Feb. 25th, 2020-Nov. 20th, 2022 for a reference point of when his changes occurred.

The network also changed Liz's back story from being molested by her father Jeff (again with the no rape policy) and Todd Manning returning (once again with the no rape policy) so they had to scramble to create a character for Roger Howarth (Franco was killed off because of the no rape policy as well)

by Anonymousreply 549January 17, 2024 11:41 AM

R548 However I see what you mean in regards to Frank approving the nonsense the writers came up with as a counter to the original stories that the network disapproved of

by Anonymousreply 550January 17, 2024 11:44 AM

I wonder if we’ll ever know what Rory’s story was supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 551January 17, 2024 12:52 PM

Wait, did Coloma recruit MBK (Rory) to Scientology? I assumed they just killed him because he was a dud, red-shirt temporary Sprina obstacle.

by Anonymousreply 552January 17, 2024 1:06 PM

Having Liz molested by her dad was a terrible idea anyway. Jeff Webber was a beloved character.

by Anonymousreply 553January 17, 2024 2:10 PM

R553 Agreed Jeff would've been a wrong decision, but besides him actually doing it, there was the possibility of him and her mother covering for who actually did it, with Jeff seemingly guilty when he wasn't. Child molestation, regardless of the culprit just wasn't what was acceptable to Bob Chapek. Becky Herbst admitted they changed the story so much that killing Reiko was what they ultimately went with.

by Anonymousreply 554January 17, 2024 4:07 PM

I'm wondering how far they'll go with Danny and Tobias, for if they're planning on spreading out the teen scene, their story should be one of the main ones planned. They also might have Tobias' parents disapproving since someone has to play the heavy

by Anonymousreply 555January 17, 2024 4:15 PM

Lol I meant Aiden and Tobias at R555

by Anonymousreply 556January 17, 2024 4:16 PM

Jack Wagner? They've mentioned Frisco several times.

by Anonymousreply 557January 17, 2024 4:57 PM

Would love some Frisco! Really love how much they are using Felicia….they write her smart and KM is still so beautiful. Glad she didn’t touch her face.!!!!

by Anonymousreply 558January 17, 2024 7:46 PM

R557 It would be great if Frisco were to come back. Jack Wagner didn't like how he was written under Ron overall however he might be open to returning under the current regime.

R558 They really are writing Felicia as she should've always been written, pre-Guza/Frons/Phelps 2000's version of her. It's really nice to see her being utilized regularly as she should be and yes I agree, she's still beautiful

by Anonymousreply 559January 17, 2024 9:12 PM

New couple alert, unless something changes, Jordan and Brick, according to rumors.

by Anonymousreply 560January 17, 2024 9:17 PM

Brick is going to be on often enough to be part of a couple?

by Anonymousreply 561January 17, 2024 9:39 PM

Ha ha Jordan. She's on less than fat Amy.

by Anonymousreply 562January 17, 2024 9:46 PM

I've said it before but bears repeating: LW's laugh is so annoying and fake. Also, she clomps when she walks.

by Anonymousreply 563January 17, 2024 10:41 PM

R563 A strong director would nip that laugh in the bud because it’s so phony but I have a feeling some of these actors feel they’re above direction.

by Anonymousreply 564January 17, 2024 11:59 PM

R561 Either they're planning on beefing up his role and having him tape more when he's in LA, then spreading his scenes out, or as R562 mentioned, since Jordan is barely on, we'll just see them together here and there.

by Anonymousreply 565January 18, 2024 12:50 AM

R562 It's ironic that Maxie was the thin, petite mean girl who teased and fat shamed Amy in high school, yet Maxie is now heavier while Amy is now thinner.

by Anonymousreply 566January 18, 2024 12:53 AM

Clompy and chompy Laura aka Snaggletooth. Has she chased Wes away yet?

by Anonymousreply 567January 18, 2024 12:54 AM

R563 😆 😆

R564 They most certainly do 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 568January 18, 2024 12:55 AM

R567 They're still going strong, stronger than ever lol he's playing for keeps. She's still being accused of providing for him as his sugar mama while also wondering why he can't get a second chance on GH in another role like others have

by Anonymousreply 569January 18, 2024 12:59 AM

[quote]Either they're planning on beefing up his role and having him tape more when he's in LA, then spreading his scenes out, or as [R562] mentioned, since Jordan is barely on, we'll just see them together here and there.

Maybe this is why Stephen Smith was featured so prominently in the 60th anniversary special that aired two weeks ago. I mean, he got way more screen time that his character merits.

by Anonymousreply 570January 18, 2024 1:14 AM

Are comments getting zapped? Don't know what I said that was so offensive besides I can't stand Mo.

by Anonymousreply 571January 18, 2024 3:00 PM

Would someone please post a link to the new thread?

by Anonymousreply 572January 19, 2024 4:40 AM

Matt Cohen is on Mo's show today. Is that a clue he's on his way back to GH? I'm not going to link since I can't stand Mo. I didn't watch, just saw it in my feed.

by Anonymousreply 573January 21, 2024 7:02 PM

Word on some other forums is that NAC wrapped for good in early December and will not be returning to finish out his contract after Monsters wraps. Can our insider confirm?

by Anonymousreply 574January 22, 2024 2:04 AM

Rumors have both Roger Howarth and Kelly Thiebaud in talks to come back (Roger possibly as a 4th character; Kelly as Britt, who is still alive and being held captive, maybe with Jason)

by Anonymousreply 575January 22, 2024 5:50 AM

R572 Usually when it gets to 600 posts that's when a new thread is started. If it's not there by then, I'll start it for us.

by Anonymousreply 576January 22, 2024 5:51 AM

R573 Apparently he would be interested in returning, it's not necessarily up to Frank anymore since he's been stripped of his powers "allegedly" by the network, with all ideas from the writers now running through Frank's mystery "manager" (guesses are it's Nathan Varni). If the writers want to bring him back and the manger signs off on it, then it's a go (he's supposedly Anna's miscarried baby with Duke, according to Olivia Jerome).

by Anonymousreply 577January 22, 2024 6:01 AM

R574 Anyone else obviously can share what they have, this is what I've found around the rumor mill for you:

Although he did stop taping in December, he is scheduled to return in March to fulfill the remainder of his contract. However, the GH brass is interested in keeping him, even though his management team believes that in order for him to grow, he must exit GH. He hasn't given them an answer, as to whether or not he wants to stay or go, so GH still has a chance to keep him, for they're not interested in recasting.

Therefore, the network is willing to offer him a one-year deal with outs, so he can work on similar projects while staying on as Spencer. They are also willing to be generous in their new offer to him.

Supposedly, Spencer will be either presumed dead or he leaves a letter to Trina, informing her that he's going off to be with Nikolas and Ace (or both might occur, with Spencer either never making it to join his family, or not making it back to Port Charles if NAC decides to forgo re-signing). Trina is expected to get close to Dex while Joss and Adam find themselves interested in each other. Of course this is all speculation, Dex may or may not be out the door. Cameron and his new girlfriend are still possibly on their way, even if it's a Cameron recast. The manager who is now over Chris and Dan has given them the greenlight to "get as messy as possible" instead of playing it safe.

by Anonymousreply 578January 22, 2024 6:18 AM

It's leaning more towards Spencer going off to be with Nikolas and Ace, not his presumed death, since they really want NAC to stay. They don't want to recast, although if he doesn't agree to stay for at least one more year, then it's either a presumed death/eventual recast. For now, he's apparently just going off with his dad and brother.

by Anonymousreply 579January 22, 2024 6:25 AM

Without Frank behind the wheel, the show is apparently planning to go in different directions and become extremely messy, more soapy to get viewers back interested in watching. The powers that be feel that GH is too safe/boring so they want to raise the stakes and bring back excitement.

by Anonymousreply 580January 22, 2024 6:30 AM

*Correction at R578 R579 NAC officially stopped taping regularly towards the end of November, right before the show went on Thanksgiving break (if there was any taping in December, it was very brief)

Expect a surprise on the February 2nd episode, which could possibly be the big arrival of Jason

by Anonymousreply 581January 22, 2024 6:59 AM

I would love for Britt to be a live but the Huntington's Disease makes it difficult. This is one situation where I wouldn't mind a twin played by KT. Maybe twins run in the family, Nina had twins and perhaps her Aunt Liesel also had twins.

by Anonymousreply 582January 22, 2024 12:50 PM

I could see Brit’s death being faked somehow. Fasion is her dad and she should never have been killed off.

Unpopular but I’d love to see Aj resurrected again. Maybe we can discover Emily’s twin Rebecca is in fact the real Emily.

Not sure Roger should have a place on GH. IMO the focus should be finding recasts for key characters from Core families - Dillon Q. Lulu. Nikolas. Michael. LUCKY!

Would love to see Ryan Carnes back on as Lucas full time and actually front and center. Not sure how but I’d love SJB or TB back as Carly.

by Anonymousreply 583January 22, 2024 2:05 PM

Would a Robin recast work? I’d throw that character in the must recast and return list. Eden Reigel? Elizabeth Hendrickson?

by Anonymousreply 584January 22, 2024 2:06 PM

R584 Funny you should say that, for Frank almost hired Rebecca Budig (pre-Hayden) as a Robin recast, so he was in the AMC well fishing for talent. Yet Ron talked him out of it, explaining that Robin was a legacy character played by the same actress since she was a child, therefore she was virtually irreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 585January 22, 2024 5:18 PM

[quote]Frank almost hired Rebecca Budig (pre-Hayden) as a Robin recast, so he was in the AMC well fishing for talent. Yet Ron talked him out of it, explaining that Robin was a legacy character played by the same actress since she was a child, therefore she was virtually irreplaceable.

In the mid 2010s, I agreed completely with that sentiment. Robin was a legacy character and should not be recast. But that was while Robin had just recently been a part of the cast.

Now is a different matter. Robin was last seen at Sean Donelly's memorial episode in 2021, but its been a decade since she was last part of the regular cast. Meanwhile, both her parents are in Port Charles and could use their daughter there in town. At this point, if Kimberly McCullough isn't willing to come back at least for the occassional visit, I say its ok to recast the role.

by Anonymousreply 586January 22, 2024 8:26 PM

I like Rebecca Buddig, but she would have been wrong for Robin.

by Anonymousreply 587January 22, 2024 8:30 PM

Word is now that Chris & Dan have been fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588January 22, 2024 8:57 PM

New GH thread to move to once this thread is full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589January 22, 2024 9:06 PM

That makes sense! I’m ready for GH to keep the upswing of viewers and it’s time for a new writing team! Sure don’t replace Robin if KMC was interested but she’s not so….like JJ it’s time to get our legacy kids back.

RB would have sucked as Robin recast. New Emily maybe? Would have prefered Dr Sarah Weber as RB than made up sister Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 590January 22, 2024 9:20 PM

I think Chris and Dan have done a great job overall. They got things back on track nicely after the scabs (and Frank) were writing.

But it the desire is to go messy and soapy, then maybe new HWs are needed.

But who is actually capable of HWing a soap opera these days and putting up with all the interference? The choices are limited. Don't say Dena Higley. And don't say Bob Guza.

by Anonymousreply 591January 22, 2024 9:20 PM

R588 Thanks for your drop 😁 it was updated saying that Elizabeth Korte and Patrick Mulcahey will serve as the temporary head writers until permanent ones are in place. Chris and Dan were Frank hires, as were the team of Jean/Shelly and of course Ron (Ron was brought on with Frank, under Brian Frons).

by Anonymousreply 592January 22, 2024 10:07 PM

Yup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593January 22, 2024 10:08 PM

R590 Yes it makes perfect sense. Apparently the network is dissatisfied with the viewership dwindling and they noticed that a large amount of viewers were happier with the writing under the scabs/producers (which included Frank too) then they were under Chris/Dan. Of course they couldn't fire them while they were striking so they had to wait until they were actually back at work, and if the rumors are true about Frank being stripped of his powers, then this seems to be a network decision. Especially since Korte and Mulcahey we're both at GH pre-Frank

by Anonymousreply 594January 22, 2024 10:13 PM

R595 Unfortunately there are members of the audience who have been clamoring for a Guza come back for awhile

by Anonymousreply 595January 22, 2024 10:15 PM

Korte's favorites are Carly, Anna, Curtis and also Jason, along with Carly's kids, so expect them front and center. Korte previously helmed head writing duties with Michele val Jean from Feb. 5th-Apr. 27th, 2001, if you want more of an idea of her head writing experience.

by Anonymousreply 596January 22, 2024 10:21 PM

Well the rumors did say that the writers would be fired if their ideas failed to catch on. Apparently the network wasn't willing to wait that long, for they want immediate results.

by Anonymousreply 597January 22, 2024 10:47 PM

Elizabeth Korte's resume: (she's been with GH since 1994)

Script Continuity 1994-1996

Script Writer 1996-2000, 2001-2008

Associate Head writer 1998-2000, 2001-2008, 2008-present

Head writer (with Michele val Jean) Jan/Feb. 2001-Apr 2001

Script Editor 2002-2008, 2008-present

Occasional break down writer 2005-2008

GH: Night Shift (Head writer/co-creator with Bob Guza from July 12, 2007-Oct. 4, 2007)

by Anonymousreply 598January 22, 2024 10:56 PM

Patrick Mulcahey's resume (he studied under Douglas Marland and wrote for GH in the 90's)

Texas script writer (1980-1982)

Guiding Light head writer (1982)

Santa Barbara script writer (1984-1990)

Guiding Light script writer (1992-1994)

Guiding Light breakdown writer (1993-1994)

Guiding Light co-head writer (1994)

General Hospital script writer (10/1996-1999)

General Hospital associate head writer & breakdown writer (10/1998-1999)

Bold & Beautiful script writer (6/2005-present)

Bold & Beautiful story consultant (11/09-2019)

by Anonymousreply 599January 22, 2024 11:06 PM

Chris Van Etten & Dan O'Connor material will air onscreen until March

by Anonymousreply 600January 22, 2024 11:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!