Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mike Johnson to become new Speaker of the House

But, what do we know about this guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449November 14, 2023 1:10 AM

Homophobe, but has gayface

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2023 5:35 PM

Well, he still believes Trump is President, for one.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2023 5:36 PM

Evil, but awaiting his inevitable humiliation and ruin that befalls other Trump allies.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2023 5:38 PM

RepMikeJohnson is poised to be the next Speaker of the House (I don’t think I’m jinxing it frankly). Many have noted my case against @PatrickMcHenry for his quiet homophobia. Johnson, however, isn’t quietly bigoted. He’s THE literal ringleader against #lgbt equality in the Congress. No other sitting Member has a record as king and histories as Johnson’s when it comes to these issues. Frankly, this is a major reason he’s garnering support across a wide spectrum of the @HouseGOP conference. He’s quiet yet lethal. Seemingly ineffective but plays the long game very well. His work over the years with radical rightwing “think” groups is well established. He desires the overturn of Obergefell and will stop at nothing to attain it. In short, his entire career has focused on destroying lgbt equality gains. This isn’t even disputable. His record is his record.

To suggest Johnson is a mainstream Republican is sadly correct. He’s well within the mainstream of House and Senate Republicans in that he’s radically rightwing and will stop at nothing to attain power in order to devolve every possible issue down to the state level as most political confederates want. Doing so will destroy a centralized federal Govt, the penultimate and public goal of the republicans since the Gingrich speakership.

That’s who Rep Mike Johnson is: a radical Louisiana confederate Republican.

Will he succeed? That’s for first his constituents to decide, then the American people to decide in next year’s elections. If he presides over a Congress for 13 months but then loses his title, it’ll be a slight setback for him bec again he only see the long game. [bold] His only goal is to destroy from within the US government and send as much power back to the states as he possibly can [/bold], consequences be damned.

That’s the man who’s about to become the 56th Speaker of the House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2023 5:39 PM

How did you already move this rotting piece of garbage from nominee to Speaker, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2023 5:40 PM

yes, he is extremely opposed to gay and lesbian rights. He's also for a total ban on abortion. The Republicans can kiss the House goodbye next year.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2023 5:41 PM

He will be elected. So far, no Republican has voted against him.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2023 5:44 PM

[quote] The Republicans can kiss the House goodbye next year.

Not if they are allowed to do shit like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2023 5:46 PM

He's been described as the "quieter version" of Gym Jordan. If he wins we are in deep shit, because the government will definitely shut down. It's what Trump wants....the coup continues...

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2023 5:46 PM

Johnson is:

• Current cosponsor of at least three bills that would ban abortion nationwide.

• Wants to nullify same-sex marriage.

• Voted against sending aid to Ukraine.

• Voted against health care for Veteran victims of Agent Orange and Burn Pits.

• Doesn't believe climate change is real.

• Wants to cut both Social Security and Medicaid.

• Voted to overturn the 2020 election results.

Democrats are salivating to feature him in next year's election ads.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2023 5:46 PM

Gerrymandering should be illegal, and there ought to be a non partisan commission set up in every state to handle redistricting every ten years if it is needed due to population shifts. I am sick and fucking tired of this crap. Newt Gingrich could have never got elected in the 90's without it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2023 5:48 PM

Just vote these losers out. All we can do.

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2023 5:48 PM

In.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2023 5:50 PM

It's astonishing that the Speaker of the House is someone who denied the legitimate Presidential election of 2020. What a crazy time we live in... the fall of the American Republic.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2023 5:54 PM

Just as extreme as Gym and the rest, but he's not as in-your-face obnoxious like Gym, Bobo, or Cavewoman Marge. He'll be more palatable to the media and the rubes.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2023 5:55 PM

R15 and that's where the danger is. He is more palatable to the Media.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2023 6:00 PM

Again, as R4 says, his goal is to dismantle Congress and the federal government.

Break everything down to component parts, dismantle federal protections for gays and abortion and anything else they don't like and punish anyone who's not a white, heterosexual x-tian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2023 6:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2023 6:04 PM

There's no point in following the news. Nothing I can do until it's time to vote. Turn off the spin. Shut down the lies. Live your life. It's all bullshit Don't stay in a heightened state of panic about this stuff, friends. If WWIII kills us all, nothing we can do about it from where we sit other than vote.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2023 6:06 PM

Gerrymandering IS illegal in many states.

In Ohio, the gerrymandered maps have been struck down numerous times but the cunt thugs keep trying.

Since there IS no PAINFUL deterrent (jail, massive fines) for contempt, they just keep doing it.

Frankly, if that prick LaRose had to cool his heels in jail for a couple of months, he’d either get his shit together or resign.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2023 6:13 PM

R19 Nah, I reject that. One can be vigilant, careful, focused... in tracking the rise of this New Fascism and its threat to our democracy... and still live a full life, not stay in an artificial panic.

It's time to walk and chew gum and do everything we can do (calmly, efficiently, thoughtfully) to beat back this fascist tide.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2023 6:13 PM

His family doesn’t look inbred, so I’ll give him that.

However, they’re evangelical christians, so same difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2023 6:13 PM

[quote]Homophobe, but has gayface

Gay Face for days.

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2023 6:15 PM

He's a garbage human.

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2023 6:15 PM

FUCK!!!!!!🤮🤮🤮🤮🤬🤬🤬🤬

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2023 6:16 PM

I'm too busy watching the Biden / Australian Prime Minister press conference. CNN is focusing on that rather than the Speaker business, although they are running the live-time video of Congress. Biden sounds like a doddering old fool.

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2023 6:20 PM

NOT gay face, pedo face—I mean look at him. He looks like quietly creeps around his house.

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2023 6:20 PM

R26, if you want to see a doddering old fool, watch any footage of Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2023 6:21 PM

R20 Gerrymandering may be illegal but Republicans in Ohio have gotten away with it despite a State Supreme Court ruling. The gerrymandered Republican supermajority just ignored the Court and the voters.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2023 6:24 PM

Same shit. Different package.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2023 6:25 PM

Staunch social conservative (bigot, misogynist, xenophobia) election denier, and acolyte of Jordan. The minority trolls in the House are in control. It’s completely berserk. Hopefully it will backfire on them in the voting booths.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2023 6:25 PM

R30 Actually the timing and his position in things... things can get worse now. He voted NOT to accept the Presidential election. He wants to have a theocracy. He is much, much more radical than McCarthy. He will do exactly what Trump wants...including shutting down the gov't and creating a huge crisis.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2023 6:27 PM

Except he’s not R26. Would you like me to list the reasons why? Also I suggest you listen to what he says, not how he says it.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2023 6:27 PM

Trump cunt. That is all we need to know about him.

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2023 6:29 PM

Oh, how gauche.

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2023 6:30 PM

Well, perhaps he has recovered from all Trump's brainwashing and will become an honest and fair man in support of the common people's interests.

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2023 6:30 PM

There are days the only way I see us out of this mess is violence. I am advocating for it and do not desire it but am afraid it is going to be the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2023 6:32 PM

^ not advocating

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2023 6:34 PM

R36 bahaha what are you smoking?

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2023 6:34 PM

"Well, perhaps he has recovered from all Trump's brainwashing and will become an honest and fair man in support of the common people's interests."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA.

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2023 6:36 PM

Motherfucker speaking now about God and how this is God’s plan.

R39, if R36 is smoking medical marijuana he won’t be for long. This motherfucker is against that too.

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2023 6:37 PM

R36....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2023 6:37 PM

He looks like he’d swallow, not spit.

by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2023 6:37 PM

I knew those so-called “moderate” assholes would cave. At the end of the day, all they care about is party first, country … I’m sorry, what country is that again?

by Anonymousreply 44October 25, 2023 6:39 PM

[bold] Biden says he wouldn’t be worried House Speaker Johnson would overturn the election in 2024 [/bold]

President Joe Biden told reporters “no” he’s not concerned that Speaker-elect Mike Johnson of Louisiana would overturn the presidential election results in 2024 if Biden wins reelection.

In 2020, Johnson sent an email from a personal email account in 2020 to every House Republican soliciting signatures for an amicus brief in the longshot Texas lawsuit seeking to invalidate electoral college votes from multiple states.

After the election was called in favor of Biden on November 7, 2020, Johnson posted on X, then known as Twitter, “I have just called President Trump to say this: ‘Stay strong and keep fighting, sir! The nation is depending upon your resolve. We must exhaust every available legal remedy to restore Americans’ trust in the fairness of our election system.’”

Pressed Wednesday on why he wasn’t worried Johnson might attempt to overturn a free and fair election, as he did in 2020, Biden said, “Because he can't — look, just like I was not worried that the last guy would be able to overturn the election.”

“They had about 60 lawsuits, and it went all the way to the Supreme Court — every time they lost,” the president added. “I understand the Constitution.”

Earlier in the news conference where Biden was speaking with Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, a reporter informed the two leaders of the news Johnson had secured the votes to become speaker.

Biden responded, “I hope that's true because we have to get moving, we have to get moving.”

by Anonymousreply 45October 25, 2023 6:42 PM

R44 is they thought about "party" in any traditional sense, that would be good. But the "party" is now controlled by a faction of authoritarian, white nationalist, populism. The "moderates" have surrendered to Trump and the anti-democracy thugs.

by Anonymousreply 46October 25, 2023 6:42 PM

Supported overturning Roe v Wade so women can bring more "able-bodied workers" into the world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2023 6:46 PM

I'm astonished that they elected anyone. I thought the "moderates" were entrenched and wouldn't budge. Political hurricane warning.

by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2023 6:48 PM

Mike Johnson didn’t just oppose the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage he also advocated against the ruling that barred the criminalization of consensual gay sex.

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2023 6:49 PM

Mike needs to get punched in the Johnson!

by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2023 6:57 PM

He's fucking scary. Or in other words, standard-issue repug

by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2023 6:59 PM

R49 Folks just don't understand the radical nature of these nuts. He wants same-sex activities to be criminal and have gay people imprisoned. Now read that again. That's NOT an overreaction, or a misunderstanding. It's simple fact.

That's how far we've fallen as a 21st century democracy.

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2023 7:00 PM

Wow, he's a terrible homophobe who wants to bring back sodomy laws

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2023 7:08 PM

Before his election to Congress, Johnson was a partner in the Kitchens Law Firm and a senior attorney and national media spokesman for the Alliance Defense Fund, now known as Alliance Defending Freedom. ADF, in its own words, is "committed to protecting religious freedom, free speech, marriage and family, parental rights, and the sanctity of life."

In September 2016, Johnson characterized his legal career as "defending religious freedom, the sanctity of human life, and biblical values, including the defense of traditional marriage, and other ideals like these when they’ve been under assault."

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2023 7:08 PM

Elsie “the cow” Stefanik looks fatter than ever on TV. That bitch must have been double-fisting bags of Doritos and Twinkies the past few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2023 7:09 PM

But the Log Cabinettes insist it's "just trans" that Republicans don't like.....strange because this guy seems to hate gay people a lot!

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2023 7:11 PM

He's Mr Bad News.

by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2023 7:13 PM

We're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2023 7:16 PM

He's bad. Very bad.

by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2023 7:19 PM

The winner in all of this? Matt Gaetz.

by Anonymousreply 60October 25, 2023 7:19 PM

Weird how some Republicans refused to support Emmer because he is for marriage equality...but they're fine with a guy who loves sodomy laws.

by Anonymousreply 61October 25, 2023 7:25 PM

No doubt now...

The Republican party is fascist. They will now move to dismantle democratic institutions. And they will be coming for us...LGBT persons.

They are purging any in the party (so-called RINOs) who do not give unswerving loyalty to that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile!

by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2023 7:26 PM

That seems perfectly on brand to me, R61.

by Anonymousreply 63October 25, 2023 7:27 PM

He looks awfully smug for some random MAGA bootlicking asshat sheep. I hope Kamala gives him a vicious face slap at the next SOTU.

by Anonymousreply 64October 25, 2023 7:29 PM

r26 is late for his log cabinette meeting!

by Anonymousreply 65October 25, 2023 7:30 PM

I think he's marvelous!

by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2023 7:31 PM

[quote] I thought the "moderates" were entrenched and wouldn't budge.

There are no moderates among Congressional Republicans. There are only those who are open extremists, and those who want a little cover ("he's camera-friendly") before casting their vote for an extremist.

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2023 7:34 PM

R67 The media should be constantly pointing this out but they’re too busy already normalizing Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 68October 25, 2023 7:35 PM

Will be a Speaker for less than a year at best. All Congress is up for re-election next year and Republicans have done nothing but give democrats fuel to oust most of them.

by Anonymousreply 69October 25, 2023 7:36 PM

All he's done so far is babble on about HIS religion. I know they think that's a good thing but most Americans really dont want to hear that day in and day out. People going to get tired of it and he's not going to change.

by Anonymousreply 70October 25, 2023 7:56 PM

"Johnson called homosexuality a “inherently unnatural” and “dangerous lifestyle” that would lead to legalized pedophilia and possibly even destroy “the entire democratic system.”

“States have many legitimate grounds to proscribe same-sex deviate sexual intercourse,” Johnson wrote in a July 2003 op-ed, calling it a public health concern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 25, 2023 8:10 PM

Wow, he wrote that in 2003 and not 1903...

by Anonymousreply 72October 25, 2023 8:12 PM

LOL!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 25, 2023 8:26 PM

This is very low down on the list of his red flags, but is that an INHERENTLY UNNATURAL hairpiece/comb-over combo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 25, 2023 8:27 PM

Zooming in on the guy's wikipedia portrait reveals he's really bad at shaving. It all goes downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 75October 25, 2023 8:29 PM

Make sure to vote out all the "moderate" Republicans who support this guy

by Anonymousreply 76October 25, 2023 8:35 PM

All I know is Democrats better not cave when he agrees to fund Israel but no Ukraine. If they use the excuse of bipartisanship, they will lose half their voters come election time. Younger voters under 40 are not down with just supporting Israel at all costs.

If you want bipartisanship HE is the one who should cave and extend the olive branch. He's the one that needs to prove himself. He's the one that should take it for the team. Not the other way around.

Don't be pussies.

by Anonymousreply 77October 25, 2023 8:39 PM

r73 is already deleted

by Anonymousreply 78October 25, 2023 8:42 PM

Gym Jordan with a jacket and a smile.

by Anonymousreply 79October 25, 2023 8:44 PM

I'm concerned. Oh well, guess I'll just work on my Witchiepoo Halloween costume.

by Anonymousreply 80October 25, 2023 8:46 PM

[quote]Pressed Wednesday on why he wasn’t worried Johnson might attempt to overturn a free and fair election, as he did in 2020, Biden said, "meatballs, ham, carrots, Pennsylvania, twenty-five, America, Helen ”

by Anonymousreply 81October 25, 2023 8:47 PM

Piggy bottom who likes poppers and blacking out during sex.

by Anonymousreply 82October 25, 2023 8:48 PM

R81 thinks attacking Dems is the solution. The real solution is to vote out Republicans in swing districts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 25, 2023 8:50 PM

Mike Lawler strikes me as a total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 84October 25, 2023 8:53 PM

[quote]There's no point in following the news.

Americans increasingly agree with you.

Pew Research Center: "In 2016, 51% of U.S. adults said they followed the news all or most of the time. But that share fell to 38% in 2022, the most recent time we asked this question ... the recent decline in Americans’ attention to the news has occurred across demographic lines, including education, gender, race, ethnicity and political party affiliation."

by Anonymousreply 85October 25, 2023 8:56 PM

"I look forward to seeing an America that appreciates nontheistic viewpoints, and an America where the influence of conservative religion is mainly limited to within the walls of churches, not the halls of Congress." - Herb Silverman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 25, 2023 8:58 PM

R21 Why bother? Walking and chewing gum isn't hard, it's just tacky.

by Anonymousreply 87October 25, 2023 9:08 PM

I hope the Democrats are happy now. As bad as McCarthy was, this guy is worse. Much worse. Jim Jordan with at least some brains.

It's like they want to let things get so bad in the hope that voters will give them back the House.

Might happen.

Might not.

by Anonymousreply 88October 25, 2023 9:23 PM

Marsha P Johnson cast the first vote

by Anonymousreply 89October 25, 2023 9:26 PM

Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) tells reporter to 'shut up'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 25, 2023 9:31 PM

The wife with the former First Whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 25, 2023 9:37 PM

R90 I bet that old bitch Virginia can really go down on a corn dog.

by Anonymousreply 92October 25, 2023 9:38 PM

[quote]I hope the Democrats are happy now.

Actually it might be a good thing. Stop wringing your hands. He is extreme, but being so clearly and openly MAGA it will be easier than McCarthy to draw a clear distinction between them and the Democrats come election time. At the end of the day McCarthy would have been just as Trumpian as this guy. Different package, same agenda.

by Anonymousreply 93October 25, 2023 9:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 25, 2023 9:38 PM

A 90 year old southern belle braying shut up. The south will rise again. Lovely manners. How elegant

by Anonymousreply 95October 25, 2023 9:38 PM

Dems think they played the game intelligently. But when it comes time to count the votes on a close 2024 election, they're going to wish they'd thrown the votes to someone who would be more likely to do it fairly. As is, we are probably looking at an election where no candidate wins a majority of electoral votes (due to bullshit "problems" in swing states that Trump will lose by small margins) and then the house will select Trump as President.

by Anonymousreply 96October 25, 2023 9:40 PM

r81 is a drive-by troll, r83.

by Anonymousreply 97October 25, 2023 9:40 PM

Fuck you and worry about your own shithole kkkuntry, r96

by Anonymousreply 98October 25, 2023 9:42 PM

How many Johnsons has Mike had in his mouth?

by Anonymousreply 99October 25, 2023 9:42 PM

Leader Jeffries and House Democrats will continue to provide and protect for the American people,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 25, 2023 9:42 PM

Blame the Dems R97. As if they had anything to do with the almost 4 weeks of GOP chaos. This is all their doing not the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 101October 25, 2023 9:43 PM

Cunting bitches like r96 have datalounge locked down in permanent primetime status.

by Anonymousreply 102October 25, 2023 9:43 PM

The Magats were NEVER going to let any moderate up for a floor vote. And None of the repubs had the cojones to make a deal with the Dems. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 103October 25, 2023 9:47 PM

There *has* to be dirt...

by Anonymousreply 104October 25, 2023 9:47 PM

WATCH: House Democratic Leader Jeffries delivers remarks after Republicans appoint new speaker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 25, 2023 9:49 PM

#MAGAMikeJohnson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 25, 2023 10:08 PM

Has some sad, lonely eldergay commented yet about Mike Johnson's hotness?

by Anonymousreply 107October 25, 2023 10:18 PM

Libertarians and pot smokers are going to be crying in their coffee when they find out he wants to reverse the decriminalization of marijuana and ENFORCE it as the federal crime it's listed as a schedule I substance.

by Anonymousreply 108October 25, 2023 10:24 PM

This is Gen X in power.

by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2023 10:27 PM

"And then we put out the word"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 25, 2023 10:30 PM

Looking pretty good to you now,eh bitches?

When the dust settles, you'll rue the day you didn't vote for my retention.

by Anonymousreply 111October 25, 2023 10:30 PM

Diet Jim Jordan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 25, 2023 10:34 PM

I can't decide whether the posters blaming the Democrats for not engineering a win for a pseudo-moderate Republican (as if the party would allow any Speaker to count the vote fairly) are sincerely misguided or just straight-up concern trolls.

by Anonymousreply 113October 25, 2023 10:36 PM

I live in Louisiana. New Orleans. With the election of our new Governor???? We are NAZI headquarters. So many are getting the hell out of here.💀💀💀💀💀

Johnson?

Anti gay, racist, anti Woman and Woman's rights, anti semitic, anti constitution, election denier, pro gun, fundie, wants only Christian public schools, anti marijuana, anti science, anti vax.

This KKK freak is a very very dangerous person. Evil. And is a proxy for trump. IQ45 will tell him what to do. Insanity

by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2023 10:38 PM

Magats, who don't do logic, are blaming Democrats for this

by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2023 10:38 PM

They are concern trolls. R113. No moderate was going to win that seat and McCarthy being booted out of his spot was his own doing.

by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2023 10:39 PM

Make sodomy laws great again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2023 10:41 PM

R87 Your statement means absolutely nothing. By its syntax and word usage it is English. But it doesn't respond to any of the substance of what happened today. The internet/digital forms of communication are making humans dumb. We pay less attention to news. We strut a cynical performance online thinking we are clever.

We are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2023 10:43 PM

Minutes after his historic ouster as speaker, Representative Kevin McCarthy offered some blunt advice to his successor: "Change the rule."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2023 10:46 PM

Historically we now KNOW that if he is for sodomy laws and wants to criminalize gay sex, he IS GAY AF and sucks cocks daily. Period.

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2023 10:47 PM

New Republican Speaker's HORRIFIC statements suddenly SURGE into spotlight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2023 10:55 PM

The press asked this fucking guy about being an election denier and an old ass skank booed in response. The skank is a puke congresswoman. Point blank, pukkjes don't do respect for others or democracy.

by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2023 10:59 PM

“Every American woman has a duty to birth one able-bodied worker.” - Mike Johnson

He actually said this and was the former media spokesperson for the Christian fundamentalist organization Alliance Defending Freedom.

by Anonymousreply 123October 25, 2023 11:06 PM

“Every American woman has a duty to birth one able-bodied worker.” - Mike Johnson

He actually said this and was the former media spokesperson for the Christian fundamentalist legal organization Alliance Defending Freedom.

by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2023 11:09 PM

And how does this speaker of the house justify his own existence if this is his belief? Unless you qualify his efforts to undermine the American Democratic Republic as work.

Magat skkkum. Filth.

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2023 11:09 PM

Such an arrogant little shit who thinks he’s on a mission from God. This is one who’s ready to round us all up and put us in the camps. They think America is solely for white, devout Christians (I guess that’s why they call it Christian Nationalism). They want to erase everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 126October 25, 2023 11:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2023 11:15 PM

God told me to tell you magats to flush yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2023 11:18 PM

R127, they still need him for numbers though, don’t they? They shot down expelling him before they needed a Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2023 11:26 PM

Oh no! This is bad.

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2023 11:30 PM

The second Mike Johnson becomes Speaker, the Republicans file expulsion papers on the single openly gay Republican representative (who voted for Mike Johnson). The party must be pure!

by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2023 11:51 PM

Santos is a piece of shit who should have been flushed a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2023 11:52 PM

I am voluntarily resigning so that I can be appointed the Senior Justice of the New York Court of Appeals.

by Anonymousreply 133October 26, 2023 12:23 AM

[quote]Has some sad, lonely eldergay commented yet about Mike Johnson's hotness?

[slowly raises hand and clears throat]

by Anonymousreply 134October 26, 2023 12:29 AM

That mouth has had a dick in it.

by Anonymousreply 135October 26, 2023 12:36 AM

These soulless monsters want their Republic of Gilead realized, no matter what. And they will do anything to get it.

by Anonymousreply 136October 26, 2023 1:39 AM

"Congressmonster Virginia Foxx"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 26, 2023 1:41 AM

"You know, we don't live in a democracy" but a "biblical" republic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 26, 2023 2:25 AM

Worked for the Alliance Defending Freedom, a far right Christian nationalist group

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 26, 2023 4:17 AM

He’s a wop

by Anonymousreply 140October 26, 2023 4:19 AM

They’re already treating him like a child and allowing him to put through another continuing resolution to avoid a government shutdown. It seems like it was a lot of family dysfunction for a bland result.

by Anonymousreply 141October 26, 2023 4:35 AM

How long will he last?

by Anonymousreply 142October 26, 2023 4:38 AM

6 months?

by Anonymousreply 143October 26, 2023 4:39 AM

He will last to January. They will pass a temp funding bill to keep the Gov from shutting down before Christmas so they don't look bad. But the check will be due in Jan. That's when the infighting will start again, that's my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 144October 26, 2023 4:40 AM

There’s going to be lots of pressure on him to do stunts next year to make Biden look bad during the election year. Bringing a vote for impeachment and perhaps a shutdown to tank the economy. He had to work with Democrats to do the job and they will turn on him if he compromises. Good luck childlike man.

by Anonymousreply 145October 26, 2023 4:46 AM

So If Emperor Mike Johnson and comrades evict that old nasty queer Kitara out of the GQP conference, are we for that? I'm torn--bitch deserves it for swimming in the snake pit but it's just more homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 146October 26, 2023 5:16 AM

Sorry, saving that silly queen would be likes saving Jews for Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 147October 26, 2023 5:19 AM

Mike Cunt

by Anonymousreply 148October 26, 2023 5:35 AM

In 2004 he wrote-

[quote]“If you were shocked by the moral lapses at the Super Bowl you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. Experts project that homosexual marriage is the dark harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy that could doom even the strongest republic.”

Apparently Homosexuals are public enemy #1. So in 2022 he introduced a Federal version of Florida's Don't Say Gay bill.

by Anonymousreply 149October 26, 2023 5:38 AM

I'm scared of gay marriage.....but I'm fine with a guy who was found liable for rape!

by Anonymousreply 150October 26, 2023 5:52 AM

He will be lucky if he lasts 6 months. He has what? A 4 vote margin?

So, he can’t pass anything. Just more fighting. You think people won’t notice if they don’t get their social security checks?

These are not serious people.

Look, I know. But I don’t want you all to worry. I want you to get busy instead. Organize, volunteer, donate. Pitch in and help out however you can. Canvass, phone or text bank. Hell, just talk to the person next to you on the bus or in line at the pharmacy.

We’ve worked hard to win back the Senate and keep the House to the absolute tiniest of margins despite all of the pearl clutching and “red wave” bullshit. Don’t forget that. We just need to keep going.

This is one battle. We’re still winning the war.

by Anonymousreply 151October 26, 2023 6:16 AM

They're very serious about disrupting American democracy on a permanent basis

by Anonymousreply 152October 26, 2023 10:25 AM

A relatively small number of people get to have their relationships recognized and live freely and the country is doomed? If the US is doomed it’s because of people like him.

This guy thinks God has literally crowned him. Is there a picture of him where he’s not smirking? He’s a creep. He’s a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 153October 26, 2023 11:26 AM

"But, what do we know about this guy?"

He swallows.

by Anonymousreply 154October 26, 2023 12:03 PM

MagatMike it is

by Anonymousreply 155October 26, 2023 12:15 PM

OP - What difference does it make? You already hate him.

by Anonymousreply 156October 26, 2023 12:20 PM

Apparently, he hated us first

by Anonymousreply 157October 26, 2023 12:28 PM

Christian Theocracy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 26, 2023 12:39 PM

This guy's a former wrestling coach, right?

by Anonymousreply 159October 26, 2023 12:57 PM

He's too perfectly religious, bigoted, ignorant, and judgmental NOT to have a veritable treasure trove of hidden vices awaiting discovery.

🎶 Twinkle, Twinkle, little Mike,

Wonder what you're really like.

Do you have a cache of porn?

Or a baby never born?

Do you gamble? Do you drink?

Something's "off" with you, I think. 🎶

by Anonymousreply 160October 26, 2023 1:13 PM

R26, You heard Donnie recently call (and praise) Orban the "President of Turkey," right? It's on video.

Oh, but Trump is sane.

by Anonymousreply 161October 26, 2023 1:20 PM

[quote] So If Emperor Mike Johnson and comrades evict that old nasty queer Kitara out of the GQP conference, are we for that? I'm torn--bitch deserves it for swimming in the snake pit but it's just more homophobia

I wouldnt care if they lynched his fat, gay POC ass in front of the Capitol. And I'm a fat, gay POC. S/he is so loathsome I want them to cease to exist.

by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2023 1:52 PM

Your only post, r156?

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2023 3:02 PM

[bold]Dems Turn Mike Johnson’s First Viral Moment Into Anti-GOP Ad[/bold]

When House Republicans held an impromptu press conference late Tuesday night to celebrate coalescing around their new speaker nominee, they were in no mood to answer tough questions—or even the obvious one.

So when ABC reporter Rachel Scott asked Rep. Mike Johnson (R-LA)—the speaker nominee who has now been elevated to the speakership—about his leading efforts to overturn the 2020 election, Republicans were having none of it.

They drowned out the reporter with boos. Johnson said “next question.” And Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC) told the reporter to “shut up!”

Now, a D.C.-based advocacy group, Courage For America, is seizing on the moment to attack Republicans and quickly define the new speaker.

The non-profit group is launching an ad series Wednesday night targeting New York Republicans with the viral moment. The ad will run against New Republican Reps. Nick LaLota, Andrew Garbarino, George Santos, Anthony D’Esposito, Nicole Malliotakis, Mike Lawler, Marc Molinaro, Elise Stefanik, Brandon Williams, Nick Langworthy, and Claudia Tenney.

While they’re only initially throwing $20,000 behind the ad, the viral moment will quickly become a testing ground for the line of attack—and more could be coming...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2023 3:15 PM

The thing is that Conservatives are too stupid to realize that having the House of Representatives doesn't mean they can dictate what the whole federal government does.

They will not get 100% of what they want and that will drive them insane. They will then turn on this guy like they've turned on literally everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2023 3:27 PM

I can understand why he'd want to bring back sodomy laws. He had a bad experience with a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2023 4:47 PM

Will the new sodomy laws apply to straight couples as well? Some straights have been know to butt fuck...

by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2023 5:11 PM

Arrest George Santos for sodomy!

by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2023 5:44 PM

I think that the goal is not to "get anything done" but to shut down the Government. They can pass meaningless resolutions. They can even pass legislation, that will never get approved in the Senate. But the House has enough power to shut down t he government and they will. we have, what? 21 days? Three more weeks until pure chaos. And they will blame the Dems for not cooperating. They will claim they are fiscally responsible and they want to end the "out of control spending" of the Democrats while conveniently ignoring their own actions under Trump. They don't give a fuck about spending or anything else.

by Anonymousreply 169October 26, 2023 5:51 PM

And how exactly, R167, can buttfucking be expected to produce able-bodied workers for our economy?

by Anonymousreply 170October 26, 2023 5:56 PM

All I know is that he seems to get his hair done by Susan Sontag's stylist.

by Anonymousreply 171October 26, 2023 5:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 26, 2023 6:13 PM

Why don't they redact the posts from the NY Post like they do the dailmail?

by Anonymousreply 173October 26, 2023 6:24 PM

I truly believe this clown, if given enough rope and in tandem with others like Gaetz, will try 1/6/21 Version 2.0, sometime shortly after the government shuts down in mid-November. While the government is shut down, Trump and his Republican allies in Congress will attempt to oust Biden/Harris and reinstall Trump as a theocratic dictator. It will all be done under the guise of a Reichstag fire type situation, and it will be explained as a matter of grave national security. Idiotic Americans will acquiesce without a peep, because it's height of the holiday and football seasons and they can't be bothered to have their routines disturbed. And the military will roll over and play dead because 98% of them are MAGAts anyway.

by Anonymousreply 174October 26, 2023 6:25 PM

Uh, r174....no.

by Anonymousreply 175October 26, 2023 6:30 PM

When Gaytz says this moves the movement forward he means NAMBLA, yes?

by Anonymousreply 176October 26, 2023 6:41 PM

I could see that happening in 2025, though by the time Jan 6th rolls around, the Dems will be running the House again.

by Anonymousreply 177October 26, 2023 6:42 PM

[bold]Republican US House Speaker Johnson likely couldn't reprise Trump election fight-analysts[/bold]

WASHINGTON, Oct 26 (Reuters) - New U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Mike Johnson has joined his conservative Republican colleagues in voting against abortion and same-sex marriage, but has drawn the most attention for his efforts to overturn Donald Trump's 2020 election defeat.

His new role gives him huge clout steering the chamber, and a seat at the table with Democratic President Joe Biden and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer in negotiating bills of all kinds. But after action Congress took last year he'll have little ability to interfere with the 2024 presidential election, unless he refused to follow the law.

Since winning the speaker's gavel on Wednesday, the 51-year-old Louisiana lawmaker has declined to comment on his work with former President Trump following the 2020 election, or say whether he believes Biden legitimately won.

While he and 199 of his colleagues voted against the Electoral Count Reform Act of 2022, which was bundled in a year-end spending bill, that legislation will make it much harder for lawmakers to do anything but formally accept the results.

The bipartisan law, passed as a response to the chaos of Jan. 6, 2021, requires approval of one-fifth of the House and Senate to consider a challenge to a state's results -- a much higher bar than existed before, when any single lawmaker from each chamber had the ability to trigger a challenge...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 26, 2023 7:28 PM

Bossy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 179October 26, 2023 7:52 PM

[quote]unless he refused to follow the law.

Done and done

by Anonymousreply 180October 26, 2023 7:59 PM

He once tried to get public funds to support a creationist Ark Museum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 26, 2023 8:29 PM

He and Patrick McHenry would make an ideal pair of downlow fuck buddies.

by Anonymousreply 182October 26, 2023 8:31 PM

1994 called and Dylan and Brandon would like their sideburns back.

by Anonymousreply 183October 26, 2023 9:19 PM

I suspect his stance on sodomy is similar to his stance on abortion: it’s all right when he does it.

by Anonymousreply 184October 26, 2023 10:03 PM

Helped forced the government to pay for a Christian theme park

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 26, 2023 10:08 PM

Check his financials.

by Anonymousreply 186October 26, 2023 10:20 PM

R174, You are nuts. I say that with all due respect.

by Anonymousreply 187October 26, 2023 10:29 PM

JoeMyGod:

[quote] As Right Wing Watch has exhaustively documented for years, Barton tours the country, telling avid Christian audiences that virtually every line of the US Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were taken verbatim from the bible. Barton is such a notorious liar that even his own Christian publishing house retracted his book. Give the tweets below a minute to fully load and take a look at Barton’s incessant batshittery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 26, 2023 10:37 PM

Just peeking 😉 in this thread wondering why it's so long and see there's virtually no mention of his black son ? Is this a Matt Gaetz / Nestor situation?😭

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 26, 2023 10:50 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 26, 2023 11:26 PM

Didn't take very long to learn person is unqualified for this role and belongs in GITMO, not in congress.

by Anonymousreply 191October 27, 2023 12:29 AM

So they get their way and then what: are we all supposed to sit down, shut up, repent and learn the Bible to fit into our newly restored Christian Nation? What happens to those of us who refuse?

by Anonymousreply 192October 27, 2023 12:39 AM

That is exactly what they are demanding. Screech monkey congresswoman screamed Shut up to reporters to mark the solemn occasion of electing a speaker.

by Anonymousreply 193October 27, 2023 12:50 AM

He's talking like a woke in R189.

by Anonymousreply 194October 27, 2023 1:31 AM

I volunteer to be the policeman for this sodomy ban!

I fully intend to watch these same sex couples as they engage in that nasty, nasty anal sex. I will also have to closely inspect each and every hole after penetration. And finally, I will offer my hole up for the offenders to make sure they are executing the proper technique.

by Anonymousreply 195October 27, 2023 2:55 AM

Praising the fundamentalist Noah's Ark theme park:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 27, 2023 3:09 AM

What a bait-n-switch. This guy sounds worse than the other one.

by Anonymousreply 197October 27, 2023 3:24 AM

Tries to pull the "I don't remember" card when asked about his statements supporting sodomy laws

And then lamely claims he loves all people in spite of their "lifestyle choices"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 27, 2023 3:26 AM

I wonder if his eyes tear up when he gags on dick

by Anonymousreply 199October 27, 2023 3:27 AM

Oh, he has a wide stance, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 200October 27, 2023 3:53 AM

r200, I may have sucked dick in an airport restroom but I simply don't remember

by Anonymousreply 201October 27, 2023 3:56 AM

Where is his "adopted early in his married life" [when 14 years old] Black son?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 27, 2023 4:16 AM

Maybe his adopted black son is hanging out with Nestor Gaetz?

by Anonymousreply 203October 27, 2023 4:30 AM

Do any of the 216 Congresspeople who voted to oust McCarthy now regret it?

by Anonymousreply 204October 27, 2023 5:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 27, 2023 10:35 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 27, 2023 10:36 AM

A thread of clips of our new Speaker’s first major interview.

***Speaker Mike Johnson dismisses gun control: "The problem is the human heart. It's not guns ... this is not the time to talk about legislation."

***Speaker Mike Johnson to Hannity on guns: "In Europe, and in other places, they use vehicles to mow down crowds at parades ... it's not the weapon."

***Mike Johnson on his visit with Biden: "It was cordial and pleasant. I have no problem with President Biden as an individual."

***Moments after saying he has no personal issues with Biden, Mike Johnson claims Biden is in cognitive decline

***Asked about his past comments suggesting that homosexuality should be criminalized, Johnson claims "I don't even remember some of them."

***Johnson suggests his position is that abortion should be left to the states and then quickly changes the topic

***Mike Johnson says he wants to separate Ukraine aid from aid to Israel

***Speaker Mike Johnson indicates he is skeptical at best about humanitarian aid to Palestinians

***Speaker Mike Johnson indicates he does not support expelling George Santos: "We have to allow due process to play itself out"

***Johnson indicates it's likely House Republicans end up impeaching Biden

***Speaker Mike Johnson tonight: “Someone asked me today in the media, ‘People are curious, what does Mike Johnson think about any issue?’ I said, ‘Well, go pick up a Bible off your shelf and read it. That’s my worldview.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 27, 2023 10:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 27, 2023 10:52 AM

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me, except thou shalt followeth thy Orange Jesus over any moral cliff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 27, 2023 11:31 AM

[quote]Do any of the 216 Congresspeople who voted to oust McCarthy now regret it?

No they dont. Stop trying to play I told you so. It's not going to work here. You have not brought insight to the DL with your silly simplistic theory. No one regrets it. Prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 210October 27, 2023 12:24 PM

I detest his smug expression, he has an extremely punchable face.

by Anonymousreply 211October 27, 2023 12:37 PM

He has a third son —who’s 40 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 27, 2023 12:38 PM

Is that an actual prostitute on the far right, she used to … OMG 😱

by Anonymousreply 213October 27, 2023 2:49 PM

The internet never forgets

by Anonymousreply 214October 27, 2023 2:49 PM

[quote] Johnson said at the hearing that he and his wife “took custody of Michael” around 1997. So the exact relationship with Michael is uncertain and it’s unclear whether the Johnsons ever adopted Michael. It sounds like the relationship may have been more of a fostering relationship and that the Johnsons consider him a son in an informal sense. But again it’s simply not clear.

[quote] When The Advocate asked Johnson’s spokeswoman Ainsley Holyfield to elaborate on the relationship between Michael and Johnson’s family back in 2019 she told the paper: “The congressman will not be commenting further than what was said today in committee out of respect for Michael, his privacy and their relationship.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 27, 2023 3:33 PM

[quote]Johnson said at the hearing that he and his wife “took custody of Michael” around 1997. So the exact relationship with Michael is uncertain and it’s unclear whether the Johnsons ever adopted Michael.

Sounds reasonable!

by Anonymousreply 216October 27, 2023 3:36 PM

It sounds like the black kid was more for the wife

by Anonymousreply 217October 27, 2023 3:40 PM

What exactly are you insinuating, R217?

by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2023 5:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2023 9:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 27, 2023 10:30 PM

I wanna see his Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 221October 27, 2023 10:30 PM

R219, did he offer "ex-gay" counseling?

by Anonymousreply 222October 27, 2023 10:31 PM

"My Mike" just like the Blind Side, he says. He's a twisted fuck in so many ways. He's young(er) and smarter than most of his House colleagues but jacking off publicly via a hole in the Bible isn't a good look.

by Anonymousreply 223October 27, 2023 10:40 PM

Mike Johnson is a total pussyhound, much like me. I go to town on Michelle's pussy several times a day and she loves it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 28, 2023 12:58 AM

Not being funny but why do people think he looks gay in the white t-shirt photo?

by Anonymousreply 225October 28, 2023 1:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 28, 2023 2:24 AM

So they’ve found the Maine shooter but they can’t find the black Johnson kid??

by Anonymousreply 227October 28, 2023 3:59 AM

There are lots of questions about his black son. He claims to have adopted him "around 1997" but he and his wife weren't even married until 1999

by Anonymousreply 228October 28, 2023 4:01 AM

Hustler is offering 1 million for a photo of the black kid 👦🏿

by Anonymousreply 229October 28, 2023 4:24 AM

Sorry if it’s been posted but JD Vance has turned on Mike already for being sympathetic to Ukraine aid. Hope he can make it to Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 230October 28, 2023 4:34 AM

They found the Maine shooter?

by Anonymousreply 231October 28, 2023 4:58 AM

J.D. Vance is a fat-faced cunt

by Anonymousreply 232October 28, 2023 5:11 AM

What does his wife do for a living? Oh, this is what she does:

[quote]Mike Johnson's Wife Runs Counseling Service That Compares Being Gay To Bestiality, Incest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 28, 2023 5:26 AM

Do they offer "ex-gay" services like Marcus and Michele Bachmann?

by Anonymousreply 234October 28, 2023 5:32 AM

Didn’t Mike and his wife befriend the black teenager on their honeymoon? Says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 235October 28, 2023 6:13 AM

Sounds familiar...

2019 NYT:

[quote]Karen Pence, the second lady of the United States, returned to teaching art this week, accepting a part-time position at a private Christian school that does not allow gay students and requires employees to affirm that marriage should only be between a man and a woman.The website of the school, Immanuel Christian School, which enrolls kindergartners through eighth graders at its campus in Springfield, Va., details its religious beliefs and expectations of both students and their parents, as well as those who wish to work there. The school’s employment application requires candidates to describe their faith in Jesus Christ, affirm that they are a born-again Christian and vow to adhere to specific standards in their personal and professional lives.

by Anonymousreply 236October 28, 2023 6:28 AM

^ It's so fitting that her name is "Karen"

by Anonymousreply 237October 28, 2023 6:34 AM

[quote]Sorry if it’s been posted but JD Vance has turned on Mike already for being sympathetic to Ukraine aid. Hope he can make it to Thanksgiving.

When they elected him, did they say if the rule is still in place that one person could kick him out? Or was that just the deal dear desperate Kevin made?

by Anonymousreply 238October 28, 2023 6:45 AM

I cannot believe Mike Johnson is defending George Santos.

by Anonymousreply 239October 28, 2023 6:50 AM

R239, sodomites are fine if we need their votes to maintain the GOP majority in the House. Otherwise, they're evil!

by Anonymousreply 240October 28, 2023 6:52 AM

Which kid at R22 looks the darkest?

by Anonymousreply 241October 28, 2023 4:47 PM

Maybe Nestor could explain to the nation how a custodial adoption actually works using dolls

by Anonymousreply 242October 28, 2023 4:51 PM

Vance is a poseur and a liar.

JD Vance - because Theil’s asshole won’t lick itself.

by Anonymousreply 243October 28, 2023 6:24 PM

Mike seems like the little but dangerous wolf in sheep's clothing. Feels that God ordained him to be Speaker, etc. We'll find out soon enough if he can get anything of substance accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 244October 28, 2023 6:35 PM

Queer!

by Anonymousreply 245October 28, 2023 6:39 PM

Some sort of ethnic cleansing seems to have been performed to get the photo at R22

by Anonymousreply 246October 28, 2023 7:18 PM

I have the feeling there are skeleton's in Mikey's closet. His Speakership has the stench of Elsie the cow on it. She's going to wait for the knives to come out for him so that she can be Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 247October 28, 2023 7:47 PM

He honestly resembles a middle-aged lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 248October 28, 2023 7:49 PM

I believe anyone who is wound as tight as Mikey definitely has something to h ide. We need to find it and shine a huge spotlight on him. He looks like he has child porn on his computer...I think that is something worth exploring. (If he doesn't we can certainly arrange for it.) He could also be a fondler of little boys. We need to get busy!

by Anonymousreply 249October 28, 2023 8:05 PM

R248 thread closed

by Anonymousreply 250October 28, 2023 8:48 PM

[quote]Homophobe, but has gayface

They almost always do R1

I wonder what will be this cunt's downfall? Will he be caught in an airport toilet or diddling kids. And if its diddling kids will it be his own or somebody else's?

by Anonymousreply 251October 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Guys like Mikey are very repressed. VERY repressed. He needs rules and restrictions and he wants order in his world, and he is motivated primarily by fear and yeah, I believe he has t errible secrets. Urgings etc.

by Anonymousreply 252October 28, 2023 10:21 PM

Which Supreme Court Justice is a close friend of Mike Johnson? (They went to summer camp together when they were just 16, and they've maintained a 35-year friendship.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 28, 2023 11:55 PM

Mikey is in a covenant marriage, which is only legal in 3 states--Arkansas, Louisiana, and Arizona.

You KNOW Trump thinks this guy is a weirdo, but is using him to cater to the nutso Evangelicals/Christians. Also, he's an election denier which helps the Orange Turd.

by Anonymousreply 254October 29, 2023 1:18 AM

Has his brother Howard commented?

by Anonymousreply 255October 29, 2023 1:23 AM

Johnson's eyes show nothing behind them. No sentient thought.

And, of course, there is none. A man who states that the Bible is all we need to know of his "worldview" is a brainless fool.

Does he want us to smite the Canaanites? Or turn the other cheek?

Etc.

by Anonymousreply 256October 29, 2023 1:35 AM

R256, he's Old Testament all the way, so I'm thinking it's smiting. he's going to be doing a lot of smiting.

by Anonymousreply 257October 29, 2023 3:22 AM

👦🏿.

by Anonymousreply 258October 29, 2023 4:15 AM

[quote] They believe and propagate extreme theologies that provide a mandate for Christians to take over society, and they have become increasingly influential in Republican politics in the past eight years. Several New Apostolic Reformation leaders—they usually call their leaders either apostles or prophets—were influential evangelical advisers to Donald Trump. (Presumably, some of them still are.)

[...]

[quote] Mike Johnson summarized his view of working in Congress: “This transcends politics . . . this is a spiritual battle that we’re in now for the survival of our country.” NAR leaders used the same rationalization to whip conservative American Christians into a frenzy leading into January 6th, and here it is on the lips of our newest speaker of the House.

[quote] There is no contradiction in observing that Mike Johnson is both a mild-mannered, courteous, conservative evangelical Christian and a politically extreme ideologue. He has surrounded himself with some of the most dangerous, anti-democratic Christian leaders in the country—the same people who theologized the January 6th insurrection—and offered them his public support and praise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 30, 2023 2:34 PM

[quote] Because what Johnson means when he says that his worldview is that of the Bible is not that he’s going to make a good faith (as it were) effort to follow biblical prescriptions. Rather, it means he’s certain that his own particular white evangelical Christian nationalist tradition is sanctioned by God, and that, therefore, whatever smug and barmy thing comes out of his mouth is divinely inspired.

[quote] And much of what has come out of Johnson’s has been barmy indeed — not to mention smug, and often terrifyingly cruel. Based on his stated supposedly biblical positions, the Bible in Johnson’s head is a silly, vicious farrago of ignorance and bigotry, and a blueprint for Christofascist tyranny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 30, 2023 3:07 PM

The day is soon coming where you will miss trump and wish that trump was your vision of the worst form of politics. Will be known as the good old days,

Yes the days of crazy uncle Don are going to be missed a lot. The professionals the competent smart ones the true believers are now on the hunt. And the prey will have deer in the headlights responses.

by Anonymousreply 261October 30, 2023 3:15 PM

Didn't read the whole thread, but:

is this the furthest a young earth creationist has gotten in US politics? He thinks the T-Rex was on Noah's Ark.

and is this the furthest that a Christian nationalist has gotten in US politics? Arguably no, because Mike Pence is also one, right?

by Anonymousreply 262October 30, 2023 3:27 PM

Jesus rode to church on dinosaurs!

by Anonymousreply 263October 30, 2023 5:08 PM

R107, you don’t have to be lonely or an eldergay to recognize that he is an attractive man.

Which you obviously know, having made the indirect observation yourself.

by Anonymousreply 264October 30, 2023 5:14 PM

He’s very effeminate, if that’s your thing

by Anonymousreply 265October 30, 2023 5:16 PM

He's okay if you like girls.

by Anonymousreply 266October 30, 2023 5:22 PM

Umm no R264. I was just mocking the fools on here that often go on and on about the hotness of these evil Republicans. GFY hon, I don't find evil a turn on.

by Anonymousreply 267October 30, 2023 5:26 PM

He apparently "adopted" his black son through Young Life Ministries, which has been accused of sexual abuse and other misdeeds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 30, 2023 8:09 PM

He's bringing tons of Denny Hastert energy

by Anonymousreply 269October 30, 2023 8:19 PM

And his counterpart in the SCOTUS is part of the People of Praise, were investigated for sexual abuse.

Nothing to see here, folks. Just another day in Gilead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 30, 2023 8:26 PM

'Took control' - does that mean fostering?

How much regulation does the state have over fostering arrangements in the US: or are these powerful Christian organisations more or less left to run themselves?

by Anonymousreply 271October 30, 2023 8:26 PM

Mikey has ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗˢ and they are going to come out. He will be gone between Dec.-Jan.

by Anonymousreply 272October 30, 2023 8:32 PM

[quote] The temperament-based approach breaks people down into five types: Melancholy, Choleric, Sanguine, Supine, and Phlegmatic. Richard and Phyllis Arno, who established a test to identify people's temperament, founded the National Christian Counselors Association in the early 1980s. They and their advocates prefer the term temperament over personalities as the term personality is characterized as a "mask" while temperaments are "inborn" and thus inherent to each individual regardless of outside influences such as parenting.

[...]

[quote] LaHaye was vehemently opposed to LGBTQ people, writing an entire book on why he believed gay people were depressed because homosexuality was immoral and antithetical to the Bible. According to The New York Times, LaHaye's anti-Catholic and antisemitic writings led him to step down from an honorary position leading Congressman Jack Kemp's 1988 GOP primary campaign. LaHaye later pushed President George W. Bush's election in 2000 and worked with then-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in the 2008 presidential primaries. LeHaye became enormously popular and wealthy later in his life after he penned a series of apocalyptic novels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 30, 2023 8:36 PM

^ These people are Nucking Futz, but I think the rest of us need to understand that we have an entire generation that was raised on these fundamentalist nutcase megachurch organizations, which is very, very scary. And they now have power.

by Anonymousreply 274October 30, 2023 8:38 PM

And yet only 30% of Americans attend religious service weekly or almost weekly. 70% do not.

by Anonymousreply 275October 30, 2023 8:43 PM

R248? Now that you mention it, I do kinda look like him, right down to the hair color/style and the glasses.

Of course, I don't have a 5 o'clock shadow.

by Anonymousreply 276October 30, 2023 8:58 PM

R264 He int particularly attractive to me, except in those pic of him when he was younger in the white tee shirt

But the presenter in the video at R137 on the other hand (Seth Myers), my God he is HOT like fire! I want to be in him deeply

[quote]He’s very effeminate, if that’s your thing

R265 its very much my thing, but he doesnt come across effeminate to me, unlike that little bitch Josh Hawley

He just comes across as nuts and cunty

by Anonymousreply 277October 30, 2023 10:26 PM

More scary crap from this guy at link.

Including:

"Majority rule - not always a good thing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278October 31, 2023 2:29 AM

This is not going to go well for gays or America....He is going to hand Ukraine to Russia by defunding the Ukrainian defenses.

by Anonymousreply 279October 31, 2023 2:35 AM

MAGA Mike is what one of his own colleges shouted with glee. I think since they started it, we should make it stick. It might be fine with it for now, but it will come back to bite him later.

by Anonymousreply 280October 31, 2023 2:39 AM

Go read the comments....Breitbart Loony Toons are thrilled with Johnson...They want the Ukraine War funding ended yesterday. Johnson is their way to make it happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 31, 2023 3:16 AM

"Proud parents of four active children"......guess they aren't including the black son as one of their kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282October 31, 2023 3:28 AM

Of course he’s scrubbing his talibangelical billshit from the web. He knows it’s going to fuck him up bigly.

by Anonymousreply 283October 31, 2023 3:39 AM

Essentially no-one can scrub their history from the internet. It's not going anywhere so we'll be seeing all of that in dribs and drabs over the coming future.

by Anonymousreply 284October 31, 2023 4:13 AM

??????????????????????????🧑🏿‍🦱??????????????????????????

by Anonymousreply 285October 31, 2023 8:46 AM

The scary thing is at first I thought the deplorable crew was learning to behave, it’s impossible! There are so many brainwashed people when one gets old another deplorable comes out of the woodwork. They are getting bolder about their views, despite the internet scrubbing. I also don’t believe for one second that they are religious for any other reason than becoming politically powerful. They are authoritarian to the core, that is what joins them together. The people at the top need to be humiliated and removed. Humiliation is the only thing that works

by Anonymousreply 286October 31, 2023 9:43 AM

R286

Winning elections is the only thing that counts.

If you want humiliation call Rent-A-Dom

by Anonymousreply 287October 31, 2023 10:58 AM

Unfortunately I don’t think these people can be humiliated. And this one’s a true believer. What a fucked up country that someone with such ignorant and backwards beliefs can rise to be so close to the top. I’m not sure we’ll survive this Republican Party malignant cancer.

by Anonymousreply 288October 31, 2023 12:49 PM

R288

And again you can thank the greens and other lazy fuck morons that decided to stay home and not vote for H Clinton when she ran against trump . These are the miserable fucks that caused this problem. The republicans just took advantage of a giant unexpected gift.

by Anonymousreply 289October 31, 2023 2:23 PM

The Handmaid's Tale is playing out. This guy's ideologies are dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 290October 31, 2023 2:38 PM

And another one of his priorities is to not increase the funding to the IRS, which was signed into law in the Inflation Reduction Act. THIS is a priority of his billionaire donors--they don't want to be audited or pay a nickel more in taxes.

I am expecting a government shutdown in a few weeks. My advice is to be prepared and have some cash on hand.

by Anonymousreply 291October 31, 2023 4:57 PM

[quote]And another one of his priorities is to not increase the funding to the IRS, which was signed into law in the Inflation Reduction Act. THIS is a priority of his billionaire donors--they don't want to be audited or pay a nickel more in taxes.

Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 31, 2023 5:19 PM

Says he has four (white) children. Does he not consider the black man to be his son anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 31, 2023 8:47 PM

He looks like a teeny tiny midget.

by Anonymousreply 294October 31, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote]Does he not consider the black man to be his son anymore?

He returned him?

by Anonymousreply 295October 31, 2023 8:57 PM

The black "son" was less than a decade younger than Johnson and his wife. At best this was a kind of big brother mentoring situation. Assuming they ever lived together that must have ended a couple of decades ago. He was supposedly still in touch with the guy a few years ago, but does anyone believe that his kids really feel like that's their older brother?

by Anonymousreply 296October 31, 2023 9:19 PM

R296

I can’t confirm this but I heard that the “adopted” black child is now playing defensive line in the NFL.

by Anonymousreply 297October 31, 2023 10:16 PM

R297, if the son was 14 in 1997 he's 40 now.

by Anonymousreply 298October 31, 2023 10:37 PM

What is MAGA Mike hoping to accomplish with cuts to the IRS coupled with money to Israel? A guaranteed government shutdown? Nasty little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 299October 31, 2023 10:43 PM

Yep, they know it's not going to pass, it's all about throwing sand in the works to blame Democrats or Biden why nothing gets done.

by Anonymousreply 300October 31, 2023 10:45 PM

The Biden team is just going to have to find a way to work around him instead of engaging in futile agreements that at the end of the process they fail to honor after wasting months of back and fourth negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 301October 31, 2023 10:50 PM

We re-homed that black boy!

by Anonymousreply 302October 31, 2023 10:51 PM

Who the hell adopts a black teenager on their honeymoon????

by Anonymousreply 303October 31, 2023 10:54 PM

Nothin say's lovin, like the black man in the wife's oven.

by Anonymousreply 304October 31, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote] In 1797, a few years after signing the Constitution, founding fathers of this country and President John Adams as well as the entire US Senate unanimously signed the Treaty of Tripoli. ART.11 that states explicitly that the US is not IN ANY SENSE founded on the Christian religion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305November 1, 2023 12:50 PM

[quote] "It’s strange to see Speaker Johnson disclose no assets,” Libowitz told The Daily Beast. “He made over $200,000 last year, and his wife took home salary from two employers as well, so why isn’t there a bank account or any form of savings listed?”

[quote] Johnson has also carried debts over for several years, which Libowitz said would sharpen the question.

[quote] “He owes hundreds of thousands of dollars between a mortgage, personal loan, and home equity line of credit, so where did that money go?” Libowitz said. “If he truly has no bank account and no assets, it raises questions about his personal financial wellbeing.”

[quote] “One of the reasons we have these financial disclosures is to know whether politicians are having financial difficulties—which could make them ripe for influence buying,” Libowitz said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306November 1, 2023 1:19 PM

Dems have themselves to blame for this guy. They helped to get rid of McCarthy (the devil you know).

by Anonymousreply 307November 1, 2023 1:44 PM

check 👦🏿 the 👦🏿 crawl 👦🏿space

by Anonymousreply 308November 1, 2023 2:07 PM

Good morning "The Democrats are to blame for this" troll at R307!

by Anonymousreply 309November 1, 2023 3:59 PM

"Conversion therapy": tell me you're gay without telling me you're gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310November 1, 2023 4:09 PM

I'm not gay, r310! God cured me.

by Anonymousreply 311November 1, 2023 4:21 PM

Though he’s not my type, if I didn’t know him and he sidled up to me in a cozy corner of a gay club when I was still drinking, I likely would’ve fucked him real good.

by Anonymousreply 312November 1, 2023 5:05 PM

NEW: Mike Johnson closely collaborated with a group called Exodus International that promoted “conversion therapy,” a discredited practice that asserted it could change the sexual orientation of gay and lesbian individuals. Exodus shut down in 2013, with its founder posting a public apology for the “pain and hurt” his organization caused.

For years, Johnson worked on an event known as the “Day of Truth” — a counterprotest to the “Day of Silence,” a day in schools in which students stayed silent to bring awareness to bullying faced by LGBTQ youth. The Day of Truth sought to counter that silence by distributing information about what Johnson described as the “dangerous” gay lifestyle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 1, 2023 5:12 PM

How many of Exodus International's leaders eventually did *not* come out of the closet and renounce the whole idea of conversion therapy?

by Anonymousreply 314November 1, 2023 5:19 PM

Let’s hope some one out there has texts or voice mail or better yet pictures. Because It would be a real bitch for conversion therapy to have worked in his case.

Christians though understand demons and temptations. It’s those who rise above those demons and temptations that go to heaven, They don’t care if you are gay. They care if you fuck other men,

by Anonymousreply 315November 1, 2023 7:22 PM

I've got a tongue

by Anonymousreply 316November 1, 2023 7:25 PM

It increasingly looks like Republicans have made a huge mistake with this one. That story about his finances is really bizarre and points to him having something or various things to hide.

by Anonymousreply 317November 1, 2023 7:32 PM

I hope the Secret Service realizes they need to ump the protection of Biden and Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 318November 1, 2023 8:28 PM

R317, for the Republicans, any scandal is just an opportunity to dig in and normalize some form of corruption. Let's hope enough facts come out that this shady financial setup of his is an albatross around their necks.

by Anonymousreply 319November 1, 2023 8:48 PM

R319 I dunno, George Santos is really not working out well for them, and he's just a two-bit crook and a very minor figure while this guy is now the most senior Republican in the country....

He must be in very significant debt. But from what?

by Anonymousreply 320November 1, 2023 8:57 PM

This guy Johnson is shady AF.

by Anonymousreply 321November 1, 2023 9:01 PM

This guy has never eaten a pussy.

His wife Kelly is still waiting to cum!

by Anonymousreply 322November 1, 2023 9:06 PM

[quote]He must be in very significant debt. But from what?

Escorts? Kiddie porn? Bribes? All of the above?

by Anonymousreply 323November 1, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote]His wife Kelly is still waiting to cum!

Shame, R322, I've had four godly orgasm-free pregnancies and carried them to term!

Not counting the black kid.

by Anonymousreply 324November 1, 2023 9:12 PM

Can't help but wonder how the black 'son' plays into all this. It's really weird behaviour to make detailed reference on a couple of occasions as part of a political statement to a man you call part of your family, but who is nevertheless absolutely missing from your website and social media. It's almost like inviting the press to rake up the story of whatever happened.

That doesn't so much suggest 'something to hide' (since why mention him in the first place if something really bad happened?). But maybe Johnson thought that this guy had much warmer familial feelings for him than he actually did, but was told in no uncertain terms to leave him out of his political career after he started making these comments: suggesting social cluelessness, terrible communication skills and poor judgement on his part, or exactly the opposite of the skill set he needs to have.

by Anonymousreply 325November 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Hmmm, would it have been smarter for them to go for Jim Jordan instead? OK he has his wrestling molestation scandal: but he can plausibly claim he had to follow the lead of his boss and the university authorities on that one.

by Anonymousreply 326November 1, 2023 9:17 PM

The son they never adopted who is missing from the photos because he wants a private life?

Daddy Johnson has some explaining to do.

by Anonymousreply 327November 1, 2023 9:18 PM

not just a skeleton in the closet, a graveyard busted wide open

by Anonymousreply 328November 1, 2023 10:56 PM

He cashed in an IRA way before he was at retirement age. You pay a 10% penalty right off the top, which indicates that he is irresponsible with money/finances. AND THE GQP PUT HIM IN CHARGE OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, WHICH AMONG OTHER THINGS, PASSES A BUDGET.

Keep telling the rubes how Republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility, media.

by Anonymousreply 329November 2, 2023 4:21 AM

R109 And yet these dumbasses think they're SOOOOO much better than us.

by Anonymousreply 330November 2, 2023 10:11 AM

R330

The coming election will determine who is better not a lot of talking and yacking and name calling.. If they win they are better. If they lose they are not.

You are what your record says you are

by Anonymousreply 331November 2, 2023 11:01 AM

Wasn't he at Jonestown?

by Anonymousreply 332November 2, 2023 11:07 AM

Stern ripped on him pretty good on Tue or Wednesday's show.

by Anonymousreply 333November 2, 2023 11:08 AM

What's a bank account?

by Anonymousreply 334November 2, 2023 3:30 PM

The US Government, the GOP’s personal bank account

by Anonymousreply 335November 2, 2023 6:34 PM

The guy is shady as fuck, and anybody who says he isn't is a bold faced liar. He kept a low profile lo these many years because he didn't want anybody nosing around his business. Now, what with the entire Republican party corrupt as shit, he's just another god damned thief among thousands of other scheming, corrupt thieves.

Is it any wonder this con artist/liar/grifter wants to get rid of the IRS? He doesn't want anyone prying into his byzantine finances, especially revealing how this Christo fascist mother fucker pays zero taxes at a state, federal or municipal level.

by Anonymousreply 336November 2, 2023 6:43 PM

Churches in the USA are home to more sexual and financial crime than you can even dream of - he's deeply involved in stuff like that. No bank account give me a fucking break. Homeless people have bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 337November 2, 2023 6:53 PM

VP for Trump in 2024?

by Anonymousreply 338November 2, 2023 7:17 PM

[quote] “I think that the country unfortunately will come to see the measure of his character,” she said.

[quote] She also said it was concerning to see Johnson elected speaker, considering “he was willing to set aside what he knew to be the rulings of the courts, the requirements of the Constitution, in order to placate Donald Trump.”

[quote] He’s “dangerous” because he did so even though he knew the truth, Cheney said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339November 2, 2023 8:16 PM

Apparently now there's a video of him endorsing the ex-gay group Exodus

by Anonymousreply 340November 2, 2023 8:36 PM

New antigay video where he blames homosexuality for the fall of the Roman Empire.

Will he claim he doesn't remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 2, 2023 9:03 PM

I wonder if he gives all his money to his church

by Anonymousreply 342November 2, 2023 9:27 PM

Didn't he and his wife have a podcast? I'm sure people are furiously going through every second of it for wacky sound bites.

And his wife seems like a total airhead. I watched that Diane Sawyer interview about their covenant marriage and the wife seems dumber than a box of hair.

by Anonymousreply 343November 2, 2023 9:28 PM

R342, if by "his church" you mean "escorts"

by Anonymousreply 344November 2, 2023 9:30 PM

Mike Johnson is Satan. I mean it.

by Anonymousreply 345November 3, 2023 2:51 AM

Pete Buttigieg calls out Mike Johnson on Colbert

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 3, 2023 3:28 AM

Buttigieg is a lazy attention whore who is unqualified for the job he has. He is exactly what is wrong with Bidens Identity Politics Cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 347November 3, 2023 4:00 AM

r347 is fine with identity politics that revolve around white supremacy or being an "ex-gay"

by Anonymousreply 348November 3, 2023 4:16 AM

But you were fine with Trump's unqualified cabinet full of clown, huh?

by Anonymousreply 349November 3, 2023 4:17 AM

We need to wake up. Biden doesn't do well with Primaries. Get ready to whine when Rep Phillips starts mopping him up in Feb.....R349 Sorry but Trump hasn't been in office in YEARS. He will be in exile or a prison cell this time next year. Johnson is a far bigger threat to the United States and Democrats than Trump is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350November 3, 2023 4:22 AM

"Get ready to whine when Rep Phillips starts mopping him up in Feb."

You mean the guy no one's ever heard of? Sure, Jan!

by Anonymousreply 351November 3, 2023 4:30 AM

Umm, Biden is the INCUMBENT PRESIDENT R350. Everybody knows that name. Nobody has heard of back bencher Deena Phillips. Steve Schmidt can go DIAGF now.

by Anonymousreply 352November 3, 2023 4:45 AM

R351 = They said the same thing about Mayor Pete in 2020. Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 353November 3, 2023 4:50 AM

And Pete ultimately dropped out and put ALL of his support to getting Biden elected. And all of Pete's supporters did the right thing and voted for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 354November 3, 2023 8:13 AM

R354 wow. Do you rewrite ALL history or just Pete History? Pete opposed increasing the minimum wage for years as mayor of Hicksville. THEN had the nerve to show up at a Living Wage rally. He got booed and chased away. Or do you think this is AI?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355November 3, 2023 8:34 AM

Black Voters hate Pete because he has never lifted a finger to help them. Just like he has never lifted a finger to help gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356November 3, 2023 8:35 AM

The point is if Mike Johnson stays Speaker it is going to be a nightmare. Cutting Ukraine dollars. Slashing every Gay Right he can. This guy is scary bad. Better wake up. The polling shows Biden will only win with a weak GOP candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 3, 2023 8:52 AM

What part of Pete's fans didnt vote for Biden R355. You have low comprehension or Pete derangement syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 358November 3, 2023 8:52 AM

R358 = Pete Cult Member.

by Anonymousreply 359November 3, 2023 8:54 AM

[quote]Black Voters hate Pete because he has never lifted a finger to help them.

That's a pretty self involved statement. What did Kamala Harris do specifically for black voters? What did Berni Sanders, or Warren or any of the others do that was so spectacular that Pete is the only one who is singled out? I said it before and I will say it again. [bold] The majority of black voters that hated Pete were just using his skin color as a cloak for their homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 360November 3, 2023 8:59 AM

R354, R355, R356, R359 = Pete Hater Troll.

by Anonymousreply 361November 3, 2023 9:01 AM

Oh please shut up. I can assure you, black people aren’t thinking about Pete Buttigieg. The dude won in Iowa, but had no impact ANYWHERE else, so he dropped out. He is a failed presidential candidate. That’s not black folks’ fault.

Stop putting homosexuality at the center of the universe. It’s probably more to do with the fact that he is five feet tall.

by Anonymousreply 362November 3, 2023 9:03 AM

Pete who? So quiet so unassuming I did not realize he was still in office. And normally nothing says center of Washington power like——Dept of Transportation.

by Anonymousreply 363November 3, 2023 9:21 AM

[quote] Biden doesn't do well with Primaries.

A very anxious low-information voter has entered the chat.

by Anonymousreply 364November 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Lee Liberace was butcher even in hot pants

by Anonymousreply 365November 3, 2023 12:35 PM

In that Fox interview way upthread, he gave excuses for saying those things about gay marriage but now, NOW, it’s settled law. Nothing to worry about! (Coy smirk)

by Anonymousreply 366November 3, 2023 12:44 PM

Refer back to R17 and keep an eye on the biggest issue.

While it is interesting to giggle about his sexuality or wonder if this is some kind of mistake, I think it is important to remember that the goal writ large is to make sure the federal government cannot function such that individual states set their own policy (until a quorum of states have the same think tank-generated policy which then becomes, basically, a confederacy).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367November 3, 2023 3:12 PM

R356, if you want to see someone who struggles with black voters, look at ANY Republican

by Anonymousreply 368November 3, 2023 4:42 PM

11% of registered black voters are Republican or lean that way. The GOP only has to steal away a few more or have a few more stay home and not vote.

This is going to be a very close election.

by Anonymousreply 369November 3, 2023 5:14 PM

[quote] Sorry but Trump hasn't been in office in YEARS. He will be in exile or a prison cell this time next year.

Why do people post stupid nonsense like this? He is far and away the frontrunner for the Republican nomination. The entire party is still very much a Trump Cult, and Mike Johnson is a proud member of the cult. This stupid assurance that he has lost all influence and nobody should care about him anymore is ridiculous, but morons still feel compelled to post it. Why?

by Anonymousreply 370November 3, 2023 5:25 PM

^ And then there's the morons who took over this thread to attack Pete Buttigieg, for committing the crime of being a gay man criticizing a "straight" man for his homophobia

by Anonymousreply 371November 3, 2023 5:28 PM

Take this from a life long dem, trump has more chance to be the next potus than ever being sent to prison.

by Anonymousreply 372November 3, 2023 6:56 PM

Dead Man Walking back into hell

by Anonymousreply 373November 3, 2023 7:19 PM

Makes a tv appearance with his Stepford Wife, who thinks God chose him to be Speaker of the House (Did God also choose Denny Hastert?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374November 3, 2023 11:57 PM

[quote] Really seems like something's off with the story of Speaker Mike Johnson's 'adopted son'. Johnson just discussed him again on Fox, and a new article subtly slams him ("drug[s]..theft since leaving [Johnson's] care") AND magically inserts wife Kelly 2 years before she met Mike.

[quote] The New York Post falsely says that Mike Johnson and wife Kelly met 'adopted' son Michael James in 1996 as "newlyweds" doing "charity work", and took him in. But Johnson was single in 1996. He didn't meet Kelly til 1998 and they didn't marry til 1999.

[quote] The Johnson's splashy wedding on May 1, 1999 made the papers. Mike Johnson had a best man, 7 attendants, 4 ushers and a ring-bearer. None were his 'son', who the NY Post says was living with him. Who doesn't include their 'son' in their wedding?

[quote] The Times-Picayune says Mike Johnson and Kelly Lary met in 1998 and fell in love instantly - "like a lightning bolt". Johnson's story: they bonded over planning to "name.. their first son Jack". No mention of the boy living with him - his first 'son'

[quote] The NY Post says Michael James lived with the Johnsons til 2002, when they moved from Baton Rouge to Shreveport, leaving their teenage son behind "as he was then legally an adult". A year later James is in Florida, busted for having cocaine. No sign of help from his 'parents'.

[quote] For people who claim to be "pro-family", the Johnsons are pretty stingy about who counts. When Mike Johnson's dad died in 2016, the obit listed his 14 grandchildren - none of them Michael James. Whatever their relationship was, James was not our Speaker's 'son'.

[quote] The more we hear about this relationship, the more questions arise. And the fact that Johnson is spinning on Fox News now, and feeding false stories to media, suggests the answers to those questions are going to be bad.

[quote] Kelly Lary looked happy on her wedding day in Bossier City, nearly 250 miles from Baton Rouge. The newlyweds then went on a "honeymoon cruise to Cabo San Luis". Reporters: ask the hard questions. Where was their 17-year-old 'son' Michael James? Did they leave him behind?

[quote] In 2001, Mike and Kelly Johnson went on GMA to talk about their "covenant wedding". No mention of "son" Michael James who supposedly was living with them. They showed wedding video - no "son" there. Pretty strange idea of family.

[quote] Mike and Kelly Johnson's wedding was lavish. No expense spared. Packed with friends and family - just not their ca. 15-year old 'son'. (Correction from Tweet #8 - their left-behind 'son' was even younger.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375November 4, 2023 11:26 AM

seen on twitter

Johnson said after being elected that, “I believe that Scripture, the Bible, is very clear: that God is the one who raises up those in authority,”

So how come he didn't think Biden was chosen and insisted that Trump was President

by Anonymousreply 376November 4, 2023 3:18 PM

He really just wants to replace the constitution with his looney tunes religion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377November 4, 2023 3:39 PM

Will it be God's will when the MAGAts turn on him and boot him out as Speaker?

by Anonymousreply 378November 4, 2023 5:00 PM

Individual Freedom? You want to force women and girls to give birth.

Limited Government? You tried to help install a dictator! (Also see: force women women and girls to give birth).

The Rule of Law? You support a 91-times charged, business fraud and sexual abuser.

Peace Through Strength You won’t provide our at war allies with the aid they need.

Fiscal Responsibility? You want to cut the IRS which the Congressional Budget office says will increase the deficit.

Y’all don’t believe in free markets when it comes to sustainability.

And as for human dignity — bro, you tried to install a proud sexual assaulter, you want to imprison and sentence to hard labor, doctors who provide abortion care and you compare homosexuality to bestiality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 4, 2023 5:14 PM

The Supreme Court being already a trad Catholic institution aside, what would no lines between church and state be like? I mean I know they’d insert prayers and “scripture” junk into all realms of government, but would an authoritarian “Bible-based” government work to keep us in line or would it serve to drive even more people away from organized Christianity?

by Anonymousreply 380November 4, 2023 6:23 PM

R380 It's unworkable. It would only create chaos and violence. Conservative Catholics, Evangelical protestants, Mormons: they each think the others are heretical. The "laws based on scripture" would be controversial and problematic. History tells us that that "consensus" among these opposing zealots would be unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 381November 4, 2023 6:57 PM

I'm in favor of individual freedom. Which is why I want to arrest gays for having consensual sex!

by Anonymousreply 382November 4, 2023 6:59 PM

Wants to repeal the cap on insulin prices. Such a Christian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383November 4, 2023 7:38 PM

Let's be very clear... this Christian Right is no more "Christian" than those of Inquisition who tortured and murdered "heretics".... these Falangists are about power, money, violence, not about the Beatitudes.

by Anonymousreply 384November 4, 2023 7:44 PM

Mike says people can change from gay to straight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385November 4, 2023 11:46 PM

R385, I guess we should assume he’s speaking from personal experience.

by Anonymousreply 386November 5, 2023 12:01 AM

R386, are you saying this is the face of a guy who's struggled with same-sex attraction?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 5, 2023 12:04 AM

Magats are all about the grift

by Anonymousreply 388November 5, 2023 12:07 AM

I used to be homosexual....but Jesus cured me of my lust for other men!

by Anonymousreply 389November 5, 2023 1:18 AM

He looks like someone who would be repelled by a crucifix.

by Anonymousreply 390November 5, 2023 7:17 AM

How do you think he and Kelly made those kids? Did they have actual sex?

by Anonymousreply 391November 5, 2023 7:20 AM

okay, someone said that if you watch one of his interviews he is really creepy because he looks like he is making eye contact with you but he really isn't. I watched him talk the other day. It is almost like he is just about to look at you but you know he didn't quite do it. He truly believes he has been converted but doesn't make eye contact with other men because he is afraid he will see one he really likes and will know his conversion didn't work. This is why he is so against gays, because he doesn't want to be one. It must be really hard living in his head. But he has to go.

by Anonymousreply 393November 5, 2023 10:39 AM

I bet he can’t go into the men’s showers because he blushes uncontrollably

by Anonymousreply 394November 5, 2023 11:20 AM

His wee Willy gives some winkies at attention, r394

by Anonymousreply 395November 5, 2023 3:20 PM

Mike Johnson promoted an app called "Covenant Eyes" that sends a report if you view porn or "sinful" material

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396November 5, 2023 6:23 PM

Josh Duggar used the "covenant eyes" software. Shockingly, it didn't work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397November 5, 2023 8:01 PM

Mike and his son monitored each other's porn viewing

I just can't with this guy anymore....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398November 5, 2023 10:04 PM

Yeah, but does he swallow?

by Anonymousreply 399November 5, 2023 10:13 PM

He watches PORN WITH HIS SON? Well that' needs to be mentioned a lot more on social media. I think a lot of swing voter middle class suburban housewives would not like that.

by Anonymousreply 400November 5, 2023 11:32 PM

Long thread dealing with his corrupt financial dealers and ties to abusers in the Baptist church

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401November 6, 2023 12:22 AM

Johnson is a weird, creepy, reich-wing nutjob . He revealed that he and his 17-year-old son regularly monitor each other’s online porn watching. 👀 Seriously?

This guy’s got issues. Lots and lots of issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402November 6, 2023 3:39 AM

Temptation Eyes

by Anonymousreply 403November 6, 2023 3:51 AM

Okay, R392. You don’t have to shut up about homophobia in the black community.

It’s hilarious that your simple ass is fixated on this on a thread about how much of a homophobe the white Speaker of the House happens to be. It’s the white homophobes who control your fate, not the Black ones, you shrill old effete bigot.

But tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself in order to maintain your simple-minded, backwoods racism.

by Anonymousreply 404November 6, 2023 7:01 AM

What type of porn do you think 🤔 House Speaker “Johnson” Duggar is fascinated by/wears an iron chastity belt to avoid?

by Anonymousreply 406November 6, 2023 11:53 AM

While the Dems and citizens of DL laugh and make charges and discount this bozo he is speaker of the house. He is one of the 4-5 most important and powerful people in the country.

But keep up the comments about him while he laughs at you and tells you to go fuck yourself.

Winners govern losers don’t.

by Anonymousreply 407November 6, 2023 12:30 PM

Probably “Bound Bottle Blonde Housewives”

by Anonymousreply 408November 6, 2023 12:38 PM

r407 Yeah, go watch your kid's porn, or something.

by Anonymousreply 409November 6, 2023 1:26 PM

He’s primed to cause major chaos before 11/17

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410November 6, 2023 1:30 PM

R410

Yes it’s always possible the gop will do something truly stupid, make things a lot worse, and help the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 411November 6, 2023 1:34 PM

Oops 😬 I’m sorry, I was just about to post something brilliant but my “adopted son” arrived early for our hour meeting

by Anonymousreply 412November 6, 2023 4:41 PM

R407, what are we supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 413November 6, 2023 5:43 PM

R413

The only things that can work, raise a boat load of money for the Dems , get lots of new people registered, get lots of voters out. Organize.

People need to approach 2024 like it’s the last and most important election of their life. This needs to be a massive effort especially to counter the current apathy.

by Anonymousreply 414November 6, 2023 5:50 PM

Vote for Joe, as if your life depended on it…pretty basic choice here.

by Anonymousreply 415November 6, 2023 6:09 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if something very dark and very disgusting is revealed about Mike Johnson soon.

by Anonymousreply 416November 6, 2023 6:36 PM

It’s Joe Biden vs ABSOLUTE HELL 🔥 ON EARTH

by Anonymousreply 417November 6, 2023 6:37 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen! Mike Johnson here! If you vote the Conservative Freedom patriots in in 2024, every single one of you will have a porn monitor hooked to your computer! And my family will be running it to make sure it works perfectly! The money we make from the setup will go to making covenant marriages the law of the land. Isn't that great!?!

by Anonymousreply 418November 6, 2023 8:18 PM

[quote]The only things that can work, raise a boat load of money for the Dems , get lots of new people registered, get lots of voters out. Organize.

We can be doing all those things while ragging on him on DL and elsewhere online, too. His financial setup looks shadier and shadier, and that's worth getting the word out about. Organize AND post!

by Anonymousreply 419November 6, 2023 8:59 PM

R414, all of that is very true. We have exactly one last chance to get this right. If they keep the House and retake the WH and the Senate, it’ll be game over. That sounds overly dramatic, but if the MAGAt Repukes have complete control of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the federal government then the coming changes to our democracy will be swift and horrendous. They’ve already laid it out in their 2025 plan. tRump and his minions saw what mistakes they made the last time in trying to use the levers of government to advance their interests. They are not going to make that mistake again. And there will be no guardrails to constrain them, because if there any existing rules they will be changed and disposed of immediately.

We should get a hint of how 2024 may go tomorrow night when the results come in from Virginia, Kentucky, and a handful of local races. For example, Democrats in Virginia have relied heavily on their support of women’s reproductive rights and the opposition of their Rethug opponents. If they keep the Virginia Senate and retake the Virginia House, that may provide a roadmap for how vulnerable Dems should tailor their campaigns next year.

Whatever we are facing, we have to raise/donate a LOT of money for 2024 candidates, then register voters and get them to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 420November 6, 2023 10:26 PM

But can we trust Covenant Eyes 👀 ???

by Anonymousreply 421November 6, 2023 11:12 PM

See the lies behind Covenant Eyes

by Anonymousreply 422November 6, 2023 11:17 PM

From Ron Brownstein:

[quote] It's difficult to overstate all the ways in which Trump is openly pledging to use federal power vs. blue places: Insurrection Act, deploying national guard to cities (over mayoral objections), massive door to door deportations, ICE at protests, prosecuting left-leaning local DAs

[quote] Ronald Brownstein @RonBrownstein • 18m "the group is developing a plan, to include draft executive orders, that would deploy the military domestically under the Insurrection Act, according to a person involved in those conversations and internal communications reviewed by The Washington Post" wapo.st/3tY1jah

The Rethuglican Party is a threat to the United States Constitution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423November 7, 2023 12:47 AM

His church never paid bak $533k in PPP "loans"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424November 7, 2023 10:14 AM

Again, while we guffaw at the absurdity of "Covenant Eyes" tracking nasty porn, it is important to remember that it tracks EVERYTHING. So, the Speaker of The House reviewing materials related to, say Moms For Liberty or a Matt Gaetz investigation is going to get flagged left and right making him prime for blackmail/intimidation. It's not just silly, it's a national security issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425November 7, 2023 10:20 AM

Mike, get a Chime card so you can build up that credit score!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426November 7, 2023 5:01 PM

🗣️ follow the money 💰

by Anonymousreply 427November 8, 2023 1:09 AM

Mike Johnson and the black child he adopted: The Johnsons plural didn’t take custody of a 14 yr old Black child in 1997 - because Mike met Kelly in 1998 & married her in 1999.

Mike Johnson was a single 25 yr old law student when he formed whatever relationship he had with 14 yr old ‘Michael’.

“Young Life” where Mike Johnson met 14 yr old adoptee Michael is an Evangelical organization targeting high school age kids. Anti LGBTQ. Not an adoption organization.

Something fishy's going on here.

At the very least, if news broke that Hunter Biden had "adopted" a 14-year-old Black boy without any paperwork 25 years ago, I doubt that he would have gotten a kid-gloves interview with Sean Hannity to discuss how the Bible shapes his entire worldview.

Why isn't the media reporting this????? Yet they report a worthless poll of 3600 people and the fall of Biden? 🤬🤬🤬🤬🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 428November 8, 2023 7:03 AM

Based on last nights results , which sure looked good for the Dems, it is not a stretch to say that if it is done, it will be straight woman that overcome a not at all popular dem ticket, stop Johnson and Trump cold and save gay rights and democracy in the US.

What a country

by Anonymousreply 429November 8, 2023 9:38 AM

R424 Get Big Old Bad Government off of our backs and into our bank accounts (if we had them)

by Anonymousreply 430November 8, 2023 12:21 PM

Speaking of which, Democrats if they win, should really think about cutting off the tax exemption to the churches. People have been bitching about this for years but nothing ever done. Not even a proposal. Dems need to grow a pair. I know, they think the whole country is very religious, but thought be told, it's no. Religion has been on the decline in America for decades. I know a lot of Catholics, both work and friends, not a single one goes to church on Sundays. Not one! And most younger people don't want anything to do with organized religion. It's time. Change the laws and make churches pay their fair share. If they are going to get political, then they should consider that the price to play.

by Anonymousreply 431November 8, 2023 12:30 PM

R431

After their win is gutless and sneaky. How about putting this tax the churches upfront in into the dem platform for 2024 and see who wins the election then?

Biden could make this along with Ukraine a major part of his campaign. Only a fool or a gop operative would suggest he do so.

by Anonymousreply 432November 8, 2023 12:40 PM

Without Big Government propping up Right Wing Churches the entire South would implode!

by Anonymousreply 433November 8, 2023 12:41 PM

[quote]Speaking of which, Democrats if they win, should really think about cutting off the tax exemption to the churches. People have been bitching about this for years but nothing ever done.

And it never will be. In fact, it becomes less likely as American churches lose adherents, as the religious will then lay claim to minority protections.

by Anonymousreply 434November 8, 2023 1:00 PM

Was Mikey happy about Rashida?

by Anonymousreply 435November 8, 2023 3:49 PM

Which one of you did this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436November 8, 2023 8:21 PM

[quote] Democrats if they win, should really think about cutting off the tax exemption to the churches.

Not going to happen. There may be some interest among a few Congressional Dems to pursue that option, but most of them don’t want to face the backlash that would inevitably follow. I can’t see the Congressional Black Caucus endorsing the idea of taxing churches. And Joe Biden is probably not going to push for this.

by Anonymousreply 437November 8, 2023 9:16 PM

[quote] As people wonder why Mike Johnson abruptly sent Congress home today, a week before a shutdown deadline - maybe he had to rush to his speaking gig in Paris tomorrow? His priority might be to hang with Kristie Noem (no covenant marriage for her!), Devin Nunes, Moms for Liberty

[quote] The conference is run by Republicans Overseas and it starts tomorrow "in the heart of Paris, France." If Mike Johnson is going, he'll be on a plane already to "stand, speak and act for your freedom".. but not to act for a continuing resolution.

[quote] Don't worry about headliner Kristie Noem being lonely in the City of Light - her lover Corey Lewandowski is going too. Mike Johnson talks righteously about sinful adultery but seems it doesn't count if it's his friends. He called Marjorie Taylor Greene a "close friend" too

[quote] Seems like Marine Le Pen of the National Front has dropped out, but Mike can still hang with Balazs Orban of Hungary and Nigel Farage, chief Brexiteer. Mike's not just a random invite - he was the keynote speaker at their kickoff event. This is his crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438November 10, 2023 9:23 AM

Lying is a mortal sin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439November 12, 2023 9:24 PM

Bank accounts are for dorks! All the cool kids shove wads of hundreds under their mattress

by Anonymousreply 440November 12, 2023 9:43 PM

can’t trace all the funny money

by Anonymousreply 441November 13, 2023 7:51 AM

I learned last night that if you have accounts that receive NO interest, then they don't have to be reported. it was a segment by David Pakman

by Anonymousreply 442November 13, 2023 12:46 PM

The Cayman Islands

by Anonymousreply 443November 13, 2023 12:59 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if the new speaker has a religion-based principled opposition to the banking system, because it permitted the practice of usury?

Wouldn't that leave him aligned with..................

.................the MUSLIMS?

by Anonymousreply 444November 13, 2023 1:26 PM

Those sideburns on that fembian face scream DRAG KING

by Anonymousreply 445November 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Except, r444, he'd probably be following Old Testament "guidelines" on usury, and not the Quran's. Which are basically the same.

This, ultimately, begs the question: is there really all that much of a difference between the world-view accepted by xtian fundies like Johnson, who are OT literalists, and Muslim fundies?

by Anonymousreply 446November 13, 2023 1:44 PM

"is there really all that much of a difference between the world-view accepted by xtian fundies like Johnson, who are OT literalists, and Muslim fundies?"

No, because they're both bat shit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 447November 13, 2023 3:04 PM

Mike, you in danger, girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448November 14, 2023 12:57 AM

Check its scalp for markings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449November 14, 2023 1:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!