Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Funeral group of 20 dine and dash. Then threaten to shoot servers.

A 20-person funeral party who dined at Crazy Cajun Seafood & Sports in Houston, Texas reportedly dashed on a more than $500 check, then threatened to shoot restaurant staffers who objected, according to a TikTok video on the popular viral video page @grizzyshoodnews.

The restaurant could not immediately be reached for comment.

“Massive dine n dash! One of the dine n dashers says she will pew pew [a] staff member,” read the text atop the video that has over 1.2 million views since being posted earlier this month.

Houston seafood joint Crazy Cajun welcomed a funeral party with open arms last week, despite being short staffed. The mourners returned the favor — by skipping out on a bill worth over $500. (with notice openly posted this would apply to large groups ) , the video’s narrator explained.

The group of 20 allegedly walked into the restaurant, located off 290, during lunch rush. When the party told staff members they had just left a funeral, Garcia let them in, despite being understaffed due to the crawfish off-season. The party ordered kids meals, drinks and plates. They then complained about long wait times, automatic gratuity fees for large parties and food quality.

"They started getting a little aggressive," said Garcia, who comped items like cocktails and food, while offering a 15 percent discount. The party was generally fine — until it wasn't. All 20, including children, got up and walked out of the restaurant. "They even took paper towel rolls from the tables," Garcia said, laughing.

When Crazy Cajun staff filmed the walk out, a member of the party was seen on video threatening to shoot restaurant staff. Employees said they never saw a firearm displayed.

"I got a call from one of the ladies that walked out without paying her tab," Garcia said. "She explained to us that the woman that threatened my coworker showed them the gun." The party member that phoned Garcia later returned to pay, explaining that she feared for her kids' safety and fled without handling the bill. In the video, the diners are seen walking calmly through the parking lot.

Four other party members returned to pay their portion of the bill some days later. According to Garcia, the current bill is now $270, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅. Crazy Cajun's servers rely heavily on gratuity to supplement their checks which go towards essential living expenses. Automatic gratuity charges for large parties, which the restaurant displays in posted signs and menus, guarantee a minimum pay out for wait staff who often juggle multiple tables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2023 10:45 PM

Forget it Jake, it's Texas.

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2023 8:13 PM

How much you want to bet they're all "church going, God fearing Christians."

And MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2023 8:15 PM

Looking at the video I think you'd lose that bet

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2023 8:19 PM

Dine and die.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2023 8:58 PM

I still think of Kelso and the THAT '70s SHOW gang when I hear the words "dine and dash."

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2023 9:02 PM

How much you want to bet R2 is a retard.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2023 9:48 PM

Imagine people going out after a funeral in the 50s and doing something like this.

Neither can I.

Anyway, people used to go back to someone’s house and have coffee and cake.

What I can’t fathom is all those people with the same lack of morals.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2023 9:50 PM

Not that there really was a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2023 9:52 PM

I got carried away.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2023 9:57 PM

R7 yeah. Whether a funeral for a friend or a lynching we always paid for lunch and left a healthy tip.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2023 10:02 PM

This kind of thing really hurts a restaurant and its workers. They typically only have small margins anyway. What is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2023 10:03 PM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2023 10:23 PM

Well shit wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2023 10:23 PM

They then drove away at 15 mph in a straight line with their headlights on.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2023 10:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!