Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell star in “Anyone But You”

Remember, the movie they were filming when they starting fucking each other?

I’m a sucker for a romcom. I’ll watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2024 7:03 PM

They have negative chemistry. Kind of surprising.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2023 10:55 PM

R1 not surprising. Being hot doesn’t create chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2023 10:59 PM

Sure, but if they started fucking on the set of this movie, I’d just expect better.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2023 11:03 PM

actually, some people say that when two actors start having sex with each other while filming the chemistry no longer exists on screen.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2023 11:05 PM

Then they made a big oops.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2023 11:07 PM

R4 that's the theory that was in an episode of Friends, but I've never bought it. I can think of lots of TV/movie couples who had chemistry while fucking off-screen.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2023 11:15 PM

Her looks are all over the place. So,etimes,s he looks good & others not.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2023 11:18 PM

I saw the trailer for this when I went to the movies this weekend. Dear God, it looks AWFUL. I liked = Sweeney in "Euphoria" and thought she was a decent actress, but if the trailer is any indicator, she is completely wooden and mush-mouthed in this. She and Powell have no chemistry and no charisma. The only part of the trailer worth watching was the surprise shot of his naked ass (I would definitely eat it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2023 12:15 AM

Flat as has been established on another thread.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2023 12:17 AM

R9 Powell's ass is flat? It certainly doesn't look like it, at least not in the film. Personality-wise, he seems desperate and annoying, but I would still eat his hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2023 12:25 AM

He seems desperate to me. I can’t get behind him. He comes off annoying and thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2023 12:26 AM

R11 he should be publicly flogged and possibly guillotined for agreeing to pose for such a tacky, boner-wilting photo as this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2023 12:31 AM

Is this motherfucker really only 35? I would've guessed 45, at least. He looks like he could be Sydney Sweeney's dad in this.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2023 12:33 AM

Sydney Sweeney is a wall-eyed whore.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2023 12:34 AM

Is her character’s name really Bea? That was my mom’s name and she was born in 1922. If so, what an odd choice.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2023 12:38 AM

His pecs look great at R12.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2023 12:43 AM

So it’s a body double for the ass? Because that is not a flat ass. It looks great. Hers too

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2023 1:06 AM

I thought she was pretty great in that first season of White Lotus.

He seems to have negative charisma.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2023 2:27 AM

He doesn’t have a good face and already looks over 40

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2023 2:36 AM

As I've seen happen before, IMDb is refraining from publishing user reviews for this, which had previews Thursday and opened Friday—there are currently only 2 of them on there right now, both favorable. I swear that studios pay IMDb to withhold posting the torrent of reviews until after the weekend box office has closed.

by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2023 4:37 PM

R20 no one cares. Box office has been down all year.

You wanna read peoples thoughts? Go on twitter. Tons of positive commentary about it.

by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2023 4:41 PM

Saw this at the cinema today. Enjoyed it a lot. Not many huge laugh out loud moments but Powell and Sweeney are very good together and he looks amazing on the big screen frequently undressed. It felt very easy and unforced.

Rachel Griffiths and Dermot Mulrooney are reunited after My Best Friend's Wedding but have very little to do.

Watch it and enjoy it!

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2024 5:06 PM

R22 I liked it too. Went to see it last week.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2024 6:06 PM

It is the most successful R rated romcom since 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2024 5:47 PM

The Guardian provided some fairly patronising analysis of the film's success.

They didn't manage to observe that it's really enjoyable, well made by an experienced romcom director, has 2 great performances from the lead actors and is inclusive (interracial lesbian wedding!!!) without being tokenistic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2024 6:35 PM

I love how this movie opened with just $6 million or something and the retard hater was all “ITS A FLOP” and shitting on the movie and Sydney only for the film to have good word of mouth, which made it a sleeper hit. It’s slowly built a great box office weekly.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2024 6:46 PM

There's some suspicion that Sony paid a ton of influencers to flog the movie on TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2024 7:01 PM

R27 post a citation for that claim…

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2024 7:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!