Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wolfgang Van Halen is married!

The son of Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli wed his fiancée Andraia Allsop surrounded by 90 guests at their home in Los Angeles on Sunday, Oct. 15, sharing all the exclusive details with PEOPLE.

The couple, who have been together for eight years, (their wedding date, Oct. 15, matched their first-date anniversary which was on Oct. 15, 2015) tell PEOPLE they were excited to have a night of their loved ones coming together.

"Our goal was just to bring all of our closest family and friends together," says Andraia. "The past few years, not only with the world, but also with personal tragedies, haven't been the easiest, but we wanted to create this wedding as a celebration not only just for us to get married, but a celebration for the people we love."

The ceremony took place inside the couple's living room, a space where they could "have privacy and just have our moment together with everyone," says Andraia. The reception followed outside in the backyard with string lights and florals.

One of Wolfgang's closest family friends, whom the 32-year-old says he's known for "almost three decades at this point," officiated the wedding. "He's the dad of one of my best men and he's just an important guy in our life," Wolfgang says.

The ceremony was decorated with a display of stunning stained-glass windows — the same backdrop that Lady Gaga used in one of her performances, as well as dusty rose and mauve-colored flowers.

The Mammoth WVH frontman, who wore a custom three-piece black suit for the event, walked down the aisle with his mom to a song that his father Eddie, who died from throat cancer at age 65, wrote for him. "The song that my father had written for me, it's an instrumental piece called 316. It'll be a nice way to include my dad," he says.

Bertinelli says seeing her son get married is a beautiful gift. "It brings me such a nice sense of peace knowing Wolfie and Andraia have each other for the rest of their lives," she tells PEOPLE. "They really ‘get’ one another. Their humor is very similar, they like similar things, they know how to give each other space and they’re just so comfortable together."

Andraia walked down the aisle with her father to Dean Martin's "Everybody Loves Somebody." "Dean Martin is one of my favorite performers, and I was like, 'Oh, that's a perfect song. I need a Dean Martin song,' " she tells PEOPLE of her choice.

She also made the unique decision to have her grandmothers as the flower girls. "Back in March, my grandfather passed away, but when he and my grandma got married early 1990s, I was about 3, and so I was their flower girl," she shares. "So I thought it would be fitting and just a nice little moment to have my mom's mom and my dad's mom be our flower girls."

Andraia wore an Eva Lendel dress that featured sheer long sleeves with lace detail and a V-neck. "My goal was just to be able to be comfortable throughout the whole day and the whole night," she shares. "It's a long dress, not a big train, but hits the floor with lace and some beading detail."

The couple wrote their own vows and also made sure to honor their loved ones who weren't able to be with them on their special day.

"One of the things that I really wanted was a way to bring Wolf's dad into it," says Andraia. "We'll be having an empty chair that would've been his at the ceremony."

"We cleared out all the bookshelves and we've just lined the shelves with photos of our family, our loved ones, people who've passed, people who couldn't make it," she adds, as Wolfgang shares, "We've lost important family members on both sides, so it's important to include them and have them be a part of the ceremony that we wish they were here for."

Andraia also shares that she hand made "little memory charms with a picture of Wolfie and his dad on it" as a surprise for everyone with boutonnieres, corsages or bouquets so that everyone is able to "think of him throughout the day."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 28, 2023 4:42 AM

Bertinelli also lent her a necklace to wear that Eddie had given to her.

"Ed would’ve been absolutely beaming and so, so proud of the man Wolfie has become and is becoming and so happy that he has found Andraia, someone who really understands Wolfie, who he is and who he wants to be and supports him wholeheartedly," says Bertinelli.

Following the ceremony and a cocktail hour inside, guests then moved outdoors for the reception, dinner and dancing.

The couple's menu included "hints of Italian," such as Tortellini en Brodo — a tortellini soup Wolfgang says his mom "grew up having all the time" that her grandmother would make — braised short rib, pesto chicken and cauliflower steaks as the vegan option.

The dessert consisted of tiramisu and a wedding cake from SusieCakes — which the couple says was a non-negotiable.

"We knew we wanted a cake from SusieCakes because that's the best bakery in California, and I think that was the first thing we were like, 'We're going to need to do that because it's the best.'"

"They have this cake called the celebration cake, which is just stupid how good it is," the musician continues, as Allsop notes it's a "buttercream vanilla frosting with a vanilla cake inside."

The couple opted for a DJ at the reception, as Wolfgang says they just wanted to "keep it simple."

"I think people's first impression is like, 'Oh, are you going to play something?' And it's like, no, that's the last thing I want to do. I'm going on tour in 11 days. I don't want to," he admits. "Last thing I want to think about is playing anything."

Wolfgang joked that some of the songs on their wedding playlist might be unexpected.

"I'm sure our DJ is going to look at some some of these songs and be like, 'What?' he says, as Andraia notes, "When I talked to our DJ, he was very excited about our vision. The one thing that I want, I want Wolfie to have his moment of one of his favorite bands, Meshuggah."

Wolfgang explains: They're very progressive metal, I think to anybody, to the non-informed crowd though, it would probably just sound like death metal. Anyone over 40 will be terrified. But you know what? It's my wedding and I'll do whatever I want."

While the couple was excited about their nuptials, they both noted that they felt like they were already married.

"It's kind of just a formality," Wolfgang says. "We are so already married that it's like, well, yeah, might as well make it official, because we already are. It's just going to be really fun to throw a party with everybody in our lives that we love and is able to make it. And it will be cool. Most people ever that we've ever had at the house."

The pair first connected on Instagram before exchanging phone numbers and began talking regularly. "I have the screenshot on my phone of the very first text I ever sent her, where it was just like, 'Hey, it's Wolf. This is my number.' I remember where I was," he recalls.

"I was on tour in 2015. I woke up in Denver to a message back from her. I remember exactly the hotel room I was in. It was on the last Van Halen tour. We were about to play Red Rocks and it was the day off before we played that I got my first text message from her and it was like, Oh my gosh."

On the pair's first date, Wolfgang planned a "whole little trip for the day" starting with sushi at his favorite spot Aroha on Ventura, before they watched the sunset together in Malibu.

"There were a crazy amount of shooting stars that night. I've never seen so many shooting stars in my life at one time," he recalls. "It felt like this is meant to be. It's cheesy to say, but definitely love at first sight." Adds Andraia: "It's was such a special night." Wolfgang popped the question in July, 2022.

As the pair embarks on newlywed life, they don't expect much of a shift in their relationship. "Kind of the only thing that's going to change is my last name. That's about it," Andraia adds.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2023 12:37 AM

CHA-CHING!

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2023 12:37 AM

He’s a great big fat person.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2023 12:39 AM

Apparently CBS was right...fat sloppy dudes can get hottie$.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2023 12:39 AM

Good lord, he's an entire side of brontosaurus.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2023 12:40 AM

[quote] fat sloppy dudes can get hottie$

Wolfie is the only child of Eddie and Valerie.

He's the heir to tens of millions of dollars, if not hundreds of millions.

I guarantee you there would be a very long line of gold digging whores ready to marry him, if he ever dumped THIS gold digging whore.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2023 12:44 AM

She couldn't possibly be a gold digger.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2023 12:45 AM

[quote] He's the heir to tens of millions of dollars, if not hundreds of millions.

Let's not go crazy.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2023 12:46 AM

#GetMoneyBitch

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2023 12:47 AM

Eddie Van Halen was a Dutch-American guitarist, songwriter, keyboardist, producer, and inventor who had a net worth of $100 million at the time of his death in 2020. He was best known as the founder—with brother/drummer Alex Van Halen, of the American hard rock band Van Halen. He was generally recognized as one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time. Many music publications have referred to him as THE GREATEST of all time. Van Halen formed in 1972 and would go on to sell more than 56 million albums worldwide with several lead singers, notably David Lee Roth Net Worth">David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. Unfortunately Eddie Van Halen died on October 6, 2020 at the age of 65 from cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2023 12:48 AM

Eddie also left a widow. Wouldn't something go to her?

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2023 12:50 AM

Wifey doesn't look like she eats a lot of Italian food, maybe he'll lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2023 12:50 AM

Great big fat people never learn.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2023 12:50 AM

Prenup!

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2023 12:51 AM

I was not invited.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2023 12:53 AM

[quote] I was not invited.

[quote] —Tom Vitale

For reasons that are well known to you!

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2023 12:54 AM

"The Mammoth WVH frontman.."

I cant tell if that's a dig or not.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2023 12:55 AM

Meatloaf and Marie Osmond!

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2023 12:55 AM

I couldn't find out where they were registered, so I got them a monogrammed snack purse.

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2023 12:55 AM

[quote]Wifey doesn't look like she eats a lot of Italian food, maybe he'll lose weight.

They were together for eight years before marrying, so there's probably not much hope there. Maybe once they have kids he'll worry about dying prematurely like his father.

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2023 12:58 AM

I see he inherited his mom's figure.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2023 12:59 AM

$he love$ him for hi$ per$onality

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2023 1:00 AM

Wouldn't she be worried he'd roll over in the middle of the night?

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2023 1:01 AM

[quote] Wouldn't she be worried he'd roll over in the middle of the night?

The CPAP machine keeps him anchored to his side of the bed.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2023 1:06 AM

He didn't used to be this huge when he made appearances on his mother's Food Network show. He always tended to the stocky, but he's really packed it on in the past few years. I read he was close to his father and took the death hard. His mother has admitted to eating her feelings. Hopefully, he'll have a moment of clarity and take care of his health.

She's been with him for eight years from long before his physical transformation began. So maybe she's not a gold digger. Mama Valerie strikes me as someone who would be very protective of her only child.

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2023 1:14 AM

Were Auntie Mackenzie, Auntie Shelley, Uncle Michael and Uncle Glenn there? I sure wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2023 1:35 AM

R26 Auntie Bonnie, braless even in heaven, thinks he should exercise with some tapping!

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2023 2:04 AM

Wolfgang is going to release his new videotape, "I Hate To Exercise, But I Love to Eat."

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2023 2:05 AM

Wolfie, my baby

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2023 2:13 AM

Feelings are carb heavy.

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2023 2:14 AM

how is she able to find his dick under all that fat?

by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Wolfie, it's "go and have a ball," NOT "go and eat it all."

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2023 2:25 AM

It amazes me that two people who are not overweight, would let their kid's weight get so out of control.

I think Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick are the same way. They're both skinny and fit, and their kids are kind of chunky.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2023 3:41 AM

[QUOTE]would let their kid's weight get so out of control.

You make it sound so simple. Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2023 8:26 AM

He's always been a bit stocky and must take after his mother (Eddie likely lived on nothing but ciggies and booze, so who knows with him). But back in the day, Eddie & Valerie had charisma - you could just tell they were something special, even when Eddie looked like hell. But this poor kid got none of that.

by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2023 9:09 AM

[quote] Eddie & Valerie had charisma - you could just tell they were something special

Totally.

They were the 80's "it" couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2023 9:21 AM

Wolfie was always big, but he looked good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2023 9:22 AM

Wolfie is the biggest thing in music!

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2023 11:18 AM

I can't tell which parent he takes after because they looked so much alike, as R36 shows.

by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2023 11:53 AM

Valerie looks like she could be the mother-in-law from hell. I also wonder if she's feeding him -- bringing over dishes she's trying out or leftovers or perhaps thinks the wife isn't a good enough cook for her boy.

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2023 1:11 PM

[quote] Valerie looks like she could be the mother-in-law from hell. I also wonder if she's feeding him -- bringing over dishes she's trying out or leftovers or perhaps thinks the wife isn't a good enough cook for her boy.

I can totally see her being that Italian mother.

Especially since she doesn't have a man in her life.

by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2023 1:16 PM

I thought OP’s title was “Wolfgang Van Halen is Murdered!”

The exclamation point struck me as a tad—gleeful?—but I chalked that up to typical DL.

Even as I was reading the article about his wedding, I kept waiting for the murder to occur.

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2023 1:24 PM

[quote] I can't tell which parent he takes after because they looked so much alike

Personally, I think he looks like Valerie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2023 1:30 PM

I bet she married for love.

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2023 1:43 PM

Aside from the weight, he does look like both his parents - and it is astounding that even when in shape he has none of their considerable sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2023 2:01 PM

Holy shit, I had no idea he's so gargantuan now! That's worrisome.

I doubt she would marry him were he not rich and tangentially famous, but for her to stay with him for eight years first, she's probably at least fond of Wolfie. And how else would he get a beautiful young bride? I guess it works for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2023 2:07 PM

He’s the spitting image of his mother!

by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2023 2:12 PM

Wolfgang has been obese since he was a kid and Valerie made him tons of high fat dishes like this one. He is incredibly obese and needs to get it together. With that money - hire a chef and trainer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2023 2:16 PM

Beauty and the beast. May they live happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2023 2:26 PM

Love her dress. He comes off as a nice thoughtful guy. I suspect he'll start to realize he needs a lifestyle change when he's chasing energetic children.

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2023 4:28 PM

*slapping energetic children*

by Anonymousreply 51October 17, 2023 4:36 PM

[quote]Valerie looks like she could be the mother-in-law from hell. I also wonder if she's feeding him -- bringing over dishes she's trying out or leftovers or perhaps thinks the wife isn't a good enough cook for her boy.

They've both been on her cooking show numerous times. Wolfie seems like he's a bit embarrassed most of the time, but the new wife seems fine, and Valerie must like her.

by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2023 6:03 PM

Wolfie was a big baby.

Look at how huge he was.

Must have been a 10 pounder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2023 7:30 PM

And then at two years old...

He was always big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 17, 2023 7:31 PM

I will never understand how obese people can even have sex.

by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2023 8:03 PM

He sure has been eating excessively for years with little or no exercise.

Other than the money, maybe he has a nice, jolly personality.

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2023 8:11 PM

He needs to diet. He's unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2023 8:32 PM

Jesus. Val must have had tres leches ice cream in her tits.

by Anonymousreply 58October 17, 2023 8:36 PM

He needs to get on ozempic stat. He can't fuck his wife from behind and he's too wide to ride for long

by Anonymousreply 59October 17, 2023 8:40 PM

Was MacKenzie Phillips the maid of honor?

by Anonymousreply 60October 17, 2023 9:13 PM

I'm going to say something nice: Andraia is beautiful. I hope it works out. This family needs a win after what they have been through, first Eddie's illness and death, then Valerie's divorce.

by Anonymousreply 61October 17, 2023 9:25 PM

r61 DivorceS.

by Anonymousreply 62October 17, 2023 10:39 PM

LMAO

I’m sure she married him for his big, fat bank acc…I mean ass…I mean heart.

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2023 12:19 AM

One observation:

As the child of 2 charismatic people, I’m almost positive he has a personality that more than makes up for his looks.

by Anonymousreply 64October 18, 2023 12:26 AM

His charismatic personality does NOT come across on stage or on camera.

by Anonymousreply 65October 18, 2023 12:38 AM

I agree R65.

Contrary to what R64 wrote, I've noticed that two celeb parents with big personalities often overshadow their kids, who end up shrinking into the background.

Brad and Angelina, Madonna, Guy Fieri, Eddie and Valerie, Cher, etc.

They all have kids with no personality.

by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2023 12:47 AM

Does the wife come from a family that needs constant attention?

He doesn't have a charismatic personality and it seems like he's quite fine with that. Most of us don't. He's always looked slightly shy, even embarrassed on his mom's shows. In videos as a bass player in dad's bands, he seemed satisfied with his roles and never showy. Steadfast and anchoring?

He'll never outshine a crazily gifted father like Eddie, but, he has talent, genetic gifts. And he seems a collected and decent sort of human being.

by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2023 1:01 AM

Man, he really MUST be worth a lot of money... I'll bet the Marie Osmond lookalike certainly thinks or knows so, too.

by Anonymousreply 68October 18, 2023 1:06 AM

[quote]He is incredibly obese and needs to get it together. With that money - hire a chef and trainer.

Look, everyone! It's the "I don't understand how rich people can be fat" troll offering his useless advice again!

by Anonymousreply 69October 18, 2023 8:31 AM

I wish them the best, but he is HUGE

by Anonymousreply 70October 28, 2023 4:38 AM

He still just hasn't lost his baby fat. Leave him alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 28, 2023 4:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!