Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republicans pick Jim Jordan as nominee for House speaker, 124-81

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans chose firebrand Rep. Jim Jordan as their new nominee for House speaker during internal voting Friday, putting the gavel within reach of the staunch ally of GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

Electing Jordan, a founding member of the Freedom Caucus, to the powerful position second in line to the presidency would move the GOP’s far right into a central seat of U.S. power. A groundswell of high-profile backers including Fox News’ Sean Hannity publicly pressured lawmakers to vote Jordan into the speaker’s office after the stunning ouster of Kevin McCarthy.

Jordan, of Ohio, will now try to unite colleagues from the deeply divided House GOP majority ahead of a public vote on the floor, which could push to next week. Republicans split 124-81 in Friday's private vote, though a second secret ballot nudged his tally higher.

“I think Jordan would do a great job,” McCarthy, R-Calif., said ahead of the vote. “We got to get this back on track.”

Frustrated House Republicans have been fighting bitterly over whom they should elect to replace McCarthy to lead their party after his unprecedented ouster by a handful of hardliners. The stalemate between the factions, now in its second week, has thrown the House into chaos, grinding all other business to a halt.

Attention swiftly turned to Jordan, the Judiciary Committee chairman and founder of the far-right Freedom Caucus, as the next potential candidate after Majority Leader Steve Scalise abruptly ended his bid when it became clear holdouts would refuse to back his nomination.

But not all Republicans want to see Jordan as speaker.

Jordan is known for his close alliance with Trump, particularly when the then-president was working to overturn the results of the 2020 election, leading to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

His rise would all but complete the far-rightward shift of the party, and boost its defense of Trump in four separate legal cases, including over 2020 election fraud. During Trump’s impeachment proceedings over the Jan. 6 attack, Jordan was his chief defender in Congress. Trump awarded him the Medal of Freedom days later.

The work of Congress, including next month’s Nov. 17 deadline to fund the government or risk a federal shutdown, would be almost certain to become anything but routine. Jordan’s wing of the party has already demanded severe budget cuts that he has promised to deliver, and aid to Ukraine would be seriously in doubt. Investigations into Biden and his family would push to the forefront.

House Democratic leader Hakeem Jeffries immediately gathered his party on the Capitol steps urging Republicans off giving the gavel to Jordan — an “extremist extraordinaire” — and urging GOP lawmakers to partner with them to reopen the House.

Overwhelmed and exhausted, anxious GOP lawmakers worry their House majority is being frittered away to countless rounds of infighting and some don't want to reward the speaker's gavel to Jordan's wing, which sparked the turmoil.

“If we’re going to be the majority party, we have to act like the majority party,” said Rep. Austin Scott, R-Ga., a former president of the “tea party” freshmen class of 2011 who posed a last-ditch challenge to Jordan.

Jordan’s tally Friday was not much better than the 113-99 vote he lost to Scalise at the start of the week, showing the long road ahead. Though the second Friday ballot pushed his tally to 152-55.

“He's got some work to do,” said veteran Rep. Mike Simpson, R-Idaho.

While Jordan has a long list of detractors, his supporters said voting against the Trump ally during a public vote on the House floor would be tougher since he is so popular and well known among more conservative GOP voters.

Heading into a morning meeting, Jordan said, “I feel real good.”

The House, without a speaker, is essentially unable to function during a time of turmoil in the U.S. and wars overseas. The political pressure increasingly is on Republicans to reverse course, reassert majority control and govern in Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 24, 2023 10:40 PM

With the House narrowly split 221-212, with two vacancies, any nominee can lose just a few Republicans before they fail to reach the 217 majority needed in the face of opposition from Democrats, who will most certainly back their own leader, New York Rep. Hakeem Jeffries.

Absences could lower the majority threshold needed, and Republicans were down about a dozen lawmakers as of midday Friday. No floor votes were scheduled.

Other potential speaker choices were also being floated. Some Republicans proposed simply giving Rep. Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., who was appointed interim speaker pro tempore, greater authority to lead the House for some time.

On Friday, California Republican Rep. Tom McClintock, had introduced a motion to reinstate McCarthy during the morning meeting, but it was shelved.

In announcing his decision to withdraw from the nomination, Scalise declined to throw his support behind Jordan as the bitter rivalry deepened. “It’s got to be people that aren’t doing it for themselves,” he said late Thursday.

But Jordan's allies swung into high gear at a chance for the hard-right leader to seize the gavel.

Jordan also received an important nod Friday from the Republican Party’s campaign chairman, Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., who made an attempt to unify the fighting factions.

“Removing Speaker Kevin McCarthy was a mistake,” Hudson wrote on social media, saying the party found itself at a crossroads also blocking Scalise. “We must unite around one leader.”

Just as handfuls of Republicans announced they wouldn't go for Scalise, on Friday the situation flipped and holdouts were sticking with Scalise, McCarthy or someone other than Jordan.

Trump, the early front-runner for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, had announced his preference early for Jordan, and repeatedly discussed Scalise’s health during a radio interview that aired Thursday.

Scalise has been diagnosed with a form of blood cancer and is being treated, but he has also said he was definitely up for the speaker's job.

Jordan himself faces questions about his past. Some years ago, Jordan and his office denied allegations from former wrestlers during his time as an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State University who accused him of knowing about claims they were inappropriately groped by an Ohio doctor. Jordan and his office have said he was never aware of any abuse.

The situation is not fully different from the start of the year, when McCarthy faced a similar backlash from a different group of far-right holdouts who ultimately gave their votes to elect him speaker, then engineered his historic downfall.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2023 9:33 PM

Far too many words to discuss Jim Jordan.

"Republicans pick another odious cunt" suffices.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2023 9:36 PM

Naturally, the GOP would pick this amoral asshole to be their leader.

Gym Jordan is a perfect fit for Trump's GQP.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2023 9:36 PM

It only takes five Repugs to vote for Jeffries to solve this problem

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2023 11:01 PM

Well shit, he's the one then. What a complete and utter scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2023 11:04 PM

I say do it. Maybe the American experiment is actually over and it's time to move on to dictatorship. It seems to be what the people want. I'm isolated, as are most wealthy Americans - perhaps the uneducated low information voters need to be harmed to understand the power of their votes.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2023 11:05 PM

[quote] uneducated low information voters need to be harmed

One of the stupidest things I've ever read on here.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2023 11:06 PM

Did you finish reading the sentence, r7?

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2023 11:08 PM

R8 I sure did. I'm certain you did not read it in its entirety.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2023 11:09 PM

Then why did you only quote half of it?

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2023 11:10 PM

R10 You'll be ok, sweetie. Check this out:

"I'm isolated, as are most wealthy Americans - perhaps the uneducated low information voters need to be harmed to understand the power of their votes. "

One of the stupidest things I've ever read on here.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2023 11:13 PM

It would be fun to watch if it wasn't for the fact that this suits a lot of the extremists who want to "break" democracy and go down the road of authoritarianism.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2023 11:13 PM

What a cunt he is.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2023 11:16 PM

I've been saying for many years that the US needs a parliamentary system. But that's never gonna happen, so...

Keep your passport handy.

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2023 11:19 PM

Will Gym Jordan be inviting the young male pages to the Speaker's office for late night "meetings?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2023 11:28 PM

He has the support of the druggie vaping slut whore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2023 11:30 PM

Going nowhere. He doesn't have the votes. Even less support than McCarthy and Scalise .

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2023 11:37 PM

Odious little troll.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2023 11:42 PM

The man is completely deranged.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2023 11:46 PM

If Gym Jordan becomes 3rd in line for the presidency, Joe & Kamala will be in serious danger of assassination by MAGA crazies!

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2023 11:56 PM

Fugly, meth mouth pipsqueak.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2023 11:58 PM

They are putting forth a man who refused to comply with a congressional subpoena.

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2023 12:00 AM

If that shouting fool becomes Speaker, it will be humiliating for the US and further damage our image in the world. It makes democracy look like a ridiculous & ineffective system.

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2023 12:00 AM

It makes [italic]American[/italic] democracy look like a ridiculous & ineffective system.

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2023 12:05 AM

People need to be reminded of his Ohio State scandal.

Or was it Penn State?

I forgot.

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2023 12:07 AM

Such nihilism.

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2023 12:08 AM

r25 Ohio State. He is a scum bag.

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2023 12:54 AM

OSU wrestlers are speaking out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2023 12:56 AM

r25, it oughtta be State Pen(n).

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2023 1:01 AM

and yet it STILL isn't enough to make him speaker. The GOP can't fucking run a lemonade stand

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2023 1:03 AM

He accused a 10 yo rape victim of lying about her assault.

10 years old.

But, sure. Best choice for speaker. The Republicans are a fucking JOKE.

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2023 1:05 AM

[quote]If that shouting fool becomes Speaker, it will be humiliating for the US and further damage our image in the world. It makes democracy look like a ridiculous & ineffective system.

Maybe people in NEW YORK STATE should have thought a little harder before they elected people like GEORGIA FUCKING SANTOS to Congress and gave this garbage Republican Party a majority.

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2023 1:14 AM

Yes, Repugs suck everywhere, r32

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2023 1:23 AM

It’s mostly New York who is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2023 1:28 AM

All of the Trump allies are getting into position.

Gaetz made the first move by ousting McCarthy.

Now Jordan is within reach of the Speakership.

Trump is definitely behind this.

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2023 1:29 AM

When will the actual vote for Speaker be held?

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2023 1:29 AM

What will Cuntessa Nancy Mace do??

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2023 1:32 AM

He doesn't look well.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2023 1:32 AM

"It gets even worse for Jordan. Sources told us that Republican members of the Armed Services and Appropriations committees are forming an alliance of nearly 20 to block Jordan from becoming speaker. If that holds, there’s no chance Jordan can get the gavel."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2023 1:37 AM

The US would be a laughing stock if Jordan was actually elected a speaker.

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2023 3:19 AM

C’mon r40, we’re well past that.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2023 3:33 AM

True R41.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2023 3:52 AM

i think this is all a big dog and pony show to sell the idea that democracy doesn't work, elections don't work, we really just need big strong daddy trump to be our king after all. we just need to privatize everything because congress doesn't work, etc.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2023 4:05 AM

I noticed that, R38.

He looks like SHIT, in fact.

Booze? Meth? His rotting soul finally breaching the skin barrier?

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2023 4:10 AM

Show us your pretty teefs, Jim!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2023 4:14 AM

Be dors have a sickly pallor. I wouldn’t be surprised if he drops dead before trump does.

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2023 11:00 AM

R46 - your mouth, god’s ears, etc.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2023 11:19 AM

I honestly thought he looks unwell too. Not that I care, but that was my impression.

If he gets it, I dunno... it's bad. What can you say? It's just bad. I don't know what it means. I guess the test of that is '24. Midterms and special elections should suggest all this favors Democratic candidates. Young people and more broad minded values should too. I believe it will. I am getting older and I know that my views are less idealistic and more conservative, in the old ways, but I could never vote Republican or anything like it. Right wing parties, everywhere, are just too fucking mean and, worse, too fucking simple. Still, the idea Jim Jordan could even be in position to get this position...it's a mind fuck.

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Well, there goes Ukraine. This guy voted against Ukraine funding. Maybe the Dems will compromise for an alternative.

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2023 1:56 PM

[quote] Well, there goes Ukraine. This guy voted against Ukraine funding. Maybe the Dems will compromise for an alternative.

Or five Repugs could compromise and vote for Jeffries

by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2023 2:15 PM

My gut tells me they're going to stick with McHenry. Which is probably as bad as Jordan, just at a lower velocity. Unless there's a rule against it.

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2023 2:21 PM

Jordan = Putin-Trump lackey

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2023 2:23 PM

They’re all a bunch of scumbags.

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2023 2:37 PM

He needs 216 votes to be speaker, meaning every Republican would have to vote for him. I am pretty sure not one dem will and it will be hard to get every republican to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2023 2:42 PM

Threats, you say? Shocking!

"Newsy: Some Rs believe Jordan allies/HFC world are trying put pressure on Jordan holdouts.

Multiple NRCC patriots have received "veiled threats" from Jordan allies, a senior GOP aide tells me.

Jordan spox Russell Dye said "totally untrue.""

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2023 3:08 PM

"Democrats refuse to help GOP out of House speaker mess, trashing Jim Jordan as an 'insurrectionist'

Democratic leaders spoke on the steps of the Capitol and dialed up their rhetoric against Republicans for nominating a conservative firebrand to be the next House speaker."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2023 3:17 PM

Jordan is the worst possibility. He’s fast talking, anti-democracy, was an insider in the 1/06 coup attempt, defied a subpoena, and is not very bright. He’s been an extreme partisan flame thrower craving attention. His district is immensely gerrymandered, and he has tons of special interest money upholding him. He’s very ambitious and craves power. He will not be someone that will work effectively with Democrats to keep government and appropriations functional.

by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2023 3:17 PM

I can’t imagine he could get anywhere near the votes.

He makes no pretense about being serious about governing.

If elected to that position, Repubs in swing districts would all get voted out next year.

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2023 3:19 PM

[quote]Ex-Ohio State wrestlers say Jim Jordan unfit for speakership for ignoring sexual abuse scandal

LOL - what the wrestlers see as a flaw in Gym's candidacy, the majority of rethugs would see as a huge bonus...

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2023 3:20 PM

Dems need a solution that will restore aid to Ukraine. McCarthy and Jordan aren't it.

by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2023 4:18 PM

[quote]Dems need a solution that will restore aid to Ukraine. McCarthy and Jordan aren't it.

There is no Dem solution to restore aid to Ukraine that would not be a free giveaway and concession on virtually every other issue.

It's a rethug problem to solve. Frankly, with an election cycle coming up, the longer the rethugs screw around and cannot get their act together, the better it is politically for anyone who doesn't want to see the rethugs continue to maintain power.

by Anonymousreply 61October 14, 2023 4:52 PM

Maybe this will revive investigations into Gym Jordan's past as a groomer and procurer.

by Anonymousreply 62October 14, 2023 6:03 PM

Washington Post has a story coming soon, allegedly, about Gym and the wrestlers.

by Anonymousreply 63October 14, 2023 6:09 PM

"Why Aren't More People Talking About the Ohio State Sex Abuse Scandal?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 14, 2023 6:14 PM

As a gentleman caller, he’s too fidgety, shows no tenderness, and wouldn’t shut his mouth the whole time. He must have had on 1/4 bottle of Aqua Velva.

Grade: C-. That’s being generous.

by Anonymousreply 65October 14, 2023 7:15 PM

Lindsey gives Gym the eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 14, 2023 7:29 PM

"Representative Jim Jordan and his allies have begun a right-wing pressure campaign against Republicans opposed to electing him speaker, working to unleash the rage of the party’s base voters against any lawmaker standing in the way of his election...Amy Kremer, a political activist affiliated with the Tea Party movement and Mr. Trump who also leads Women for America First, which organized a “Stop the Steal” rally in 2021, posted a hit list of 12 members on Friday. She listed their office phone numbers and urged her followers to call them and tell them to support Mr. Jordan. The list included Representatives Ann Wagner of Missouri, Mike Rogers of Alabama and Carlos Gimenez of Florida, all of whom have publicly stated their opposition to Mr. Jordan..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2023 11:31 PM

R67 that's a total Donald Trump move.

Clearly, he's running things behind the scenes, and pulling all the strings.

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2023 11:35 PM

I hope at least 20 Republicans stand up to the bullying. Fuck Gym and Donald.

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2023 11:51 PM

Jim Jordan looks inbred.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2023 12:26 AM

Fuck that stupid cunt Nancy Mace. A year or two ago, Mace kept telling her story about how she was raped as a teenager as a way to keep abortion legal for rape and incest victims. But, she's totally fine with voting for her pal Gymmie Boy.

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote] "Democrats refuse to help GOP out of House speaker mess, trashing Jim Jordan as an 'insurrectionist'

Why don’t the Repugs help out the Democrats and vote for Jeffries? That would end the crises.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2023 12:50 AM

Unbelievable - the absolute worst

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2023 12:53 AM

"Speaker Gym Jordan" will probably means open season on the butts of male pages.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2023 1:00 AM

r72 because putting a dem in as Speaker would kill any Republican career.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2023 1:29 AM

Nightmare scenario for 2024:

Trump Presidency, Kristi Noem Vice-President, Gym Jordan Speaker of the House, Bitch McTurtle Senate Majority Leader.

We can't allow this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2023 6:12 AM

This week's CNN poll revealed that the approval rating of the Republican Party and its congressional leaders has worsened among Americans.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2023 7:02 AM

Dumb as bricks, but GQP colleagues & Fox must be having their gratifications from him.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2023 7:41 AM

[quote] because putting a dem in as Speaker would kill any Republican career.

And yet they still keep asking the democrats to bail them out.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2023 11:22 AM

Republican House members not endorsing Jordan are being harassed and threatened to be primaried and placed on hate lists to be targeted by the MAGA contingent.

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2023 11:34 AM

The Repugs don’t even have to vote for Jeffries. They just have to abstain so the Democrats have a temporary majority.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2023 11:44 AM

Jordan is not known for having administrative skills, the ability to negotiate on complex issues, the capability to reach compromises and consensus with the opposition. He’s been a “showman”, a flamethrower, and a craver of attention from right-wing media.

He is not a pragmatic conservative. He’s an ass.

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2023 1:12 PM

Of course they're being threatened and targeted, R80. Their voters are vile, trash cunts. It's how bottom-of-the-barrel scumbags act.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2023 1:13 PM

How did Gym Jordan's name even come up for consideration?

He was never very popular in the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2023 3:53 PM

As per Punchbowl News reporter:

"BTW -- My reporting with @bresreports over this weekend is that Jordan is VERY far from getting the votes necessary. As we noted in PM edition Fri -- HASC/Approps has a coalition aimed at blocking Jordan."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2023 4:31 PM

Every congressperson is up for re-election next year. Every one. I am pretty sure the Dems will retake the house, possibly in a landslide. The fall of MAGA is on hand. Look at Kari Lake who is rebranding herself as a bi-partisan moderate to win a senate seat. They know they need to hide now because except for some small pockets Maga will equal failure.

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2023 4:37 PM

I hope that piece of shit garbage cunt Lauren Boebert loses her seat. Same with Nancy "Cuntface" Mace and that NY douchebag Mike Lawler.

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2023 4:44 PM

[quote] Rep. Mike Johnson plans to launch House speaker bid if Jim Jordan falters

WASHINGTON — Another Republican is prepared to throw his hat in the ring if GOP nominee Jim Jordan stumbles in his quest for the House speaker’s gavel.

Rep. Mike Johnson, R-La., a member of the GOP leadership team, plans to jump into the race if Jordan, R-Ohio, can’t secure the 217 votes needed on the House floor, according to a source familiar with the lawmaker's plans.

“If Jordan cannot get to 217, Johnson intends to step up,” the source said. “Many members are asking him to do so.”

Politico first reported that Johnson will most likely run if Jordan drops out.

In a statement Friday, Johnson said he is fully backing Jordan and working to get him elected speaker. Jordan is chairman of the powerful Judiciary Committee, where Johnson serves as the chair of the Subcommittee on the Constitution and Limited Government.

"Jim is the elected Republican Conference nominee, arguably our best known conservative champion and a trusted friend and brother to me," Johnson said. "I am doing all I can to help him become our next Speaker so we can get Congress reopened and return quickly to the urgent business of the American people."

Johnson, who was elected to Congress in 2016 and has served as the GOP Conference vice chair since 2021, is popular and well-liked among his Republican colleagues, and has carefully avoided making many political enemies on Capitol Hill.

If the math doesn't work out in Jordan's favor for a floor vote, Johnson would seek to be a consensus candidate, attempting to bridge hard-right conservatives and moderates who have been waging a war against one another in the 10 days since Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., was unceremoniously stripped of the speaker’s gavel in a historic vote.

Johnson, 51, has followed a path similar to two of his political mentors: Majority Leader Steve Scalise, a fellow Louisianan, and Jordan. All three served as head of the Republican Study Committee, the largest caucus of conservatives in Congress, before moving up to leadership posts.

But after defeating Jordan and winning the nomination for speaker on Wednesday, Scalise abandoned his bid the next day after it became clear he could not cobble together the 217 votes needed on the House floor.

On Friday, Jordan won his party’s nomination for speaker on his second try, defeating little-known Rep. Austin Scott, R-Ga. But in a secret ballot vote, 55 Republicans said they would not back Jordan on the House floor. That means Jordan has his work cut out for him this weekend: To win the speaker’s gavel, he can only afford to lose four GOP votes given the party’s minuscule majority.

Johnson is likely to have company if Jordan bows out. Some of Jordan's other supporters are also being mentioned by GOP colleagues as possible contenders if another nominee is needed.

They include Majority Whip Tom Emmer, R-Minn., Republican Study Committee Kevin Hern, R-Okla., and Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., who was nominated for speaker by fellow Freedom Caucus members in the January race that ended up going 15 rounds on the House floor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2023 7:13 PM

[quote]I hope that piece of shit garbage cunt Lauren Boebert loses her seat. Same with Nancy "Cuntface" Mace and that NY douchebag Mike Lawler.

Stefanik should also be sent home to whatever backwoods inbred swath of upstate New York her musty cunt hails from.

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2023 7:23 PM

^^^ I agree on Stefanik. Can't stand that potato-faced cunt.

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2023 8:45 PM

20 House Republicans plan to vote against Jim Jordan and block him from becoming Speaker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2023 7:59 AM

Russia wants to stop Ukraine funding. Supporting Gym Jordan is part of that strategy.

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2023 9:38 AM

Russia can GFI. It should have zero say in who the speaker is and that we're supporting Ukraine. It should worry about it's own alcoholic, cannibalistic people instead of America.

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2023 10:33 AM

The vote is reportedly Tuesday.

Sure hope Gymmie goes down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2023 10:52 AM

GQP criminal conduct in Congress will only grow with JJ as Speaker. Corruption is already rampant.

Why wasn’t there a criminal referral for Gym defying a subpoena?

Merrick Garland needs to explain why GQP insurrectionists in Congress we’re not indicted for their part in planning and facilitating the 1/06 events.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2023 1:44 PM

^were, not we’re

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2023 2:02 PM

Merrick obviously doesn't care that Gym defied a subpoena.

If he cared, he'd have hauled his ugly ass to jail.

I'm sure Merrick thought long and hard, pondered for many months, and cried about it, before ultimately deciding to let Gym get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2023 2:55 PM

It was a congressional subpoena, right? Doesn't congress have to refer the matter to the DOJ for the DOJ to take action? Or did they and Garland did nothing?

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2023 4:09 PM

Wasn't Peter Navarro convicted of defying a subpoena from the J6 committee? Being a congressman doesn't provide immunity. I don't understand why he's being given a pass.

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2023 4:27 PM

I don't either, r99. Does anyone know the history? I'm wondering how he got away with it. I know he defied the subpoena, but that was the last I remember hearing about it.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2023 4:29 PM

[quote] Their voters are vile, trash cunts. It's how bottom-of-the-barrel scumbags act.

Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2023 4:45 PM

They'll all fall in line. They always do.

by Anonymousreply 102October 16, 2023 5:12 PM

I don’t believe they will. What Republican in a swing district wants to see unhinged disruptor wacko Jordan in the speaker seat?

You think they want to campaign next year on being party to shutting down the government for a prolonged period and not doing any of the peoples’ business while holding hearings on crackpot conspiracy theories?

(For all those who have publicly backed Trump, reporters claims that many, many are happy to speak off the record about how much they despise him and want him to go away.)

by Anonymousreply 103October 16, 2023 5:21 PM

Hmmm. Sounds like Gym Jordan is using typical Rethuglican tactics, i.e., threats, to bully his way to grab the Speaker’s gavel. This is not trading committee assignments. This is weaponizing the MAGAt brigade to threaten people’s lives. Look into the column to see the horrendous threats that DA Fani Willis has received.

This makes me sick to my stomach. He is a wretchedly horribly weasel who lies with the same ease as tRump. He’s nothing more than a fast-talking snake oil salesman. This POS did zero about the sexual abuse scandal at Ohio State after students told him what was going on. This is the same fucker who was plotting the insurrection with Cheatolini and then defied a Congressional subpoena to testify about what he knew under oath (in other words, lie under oath).

What emptywheel writes is truly terrifying if Gym’s rise to Speaker is a predicate to tRump being elected. 🤮🤮🤬🤬

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 16, 2023 5:46 PM

Not to be all MARY! here, but I do have a knot in my stomach about Gym Jordan. We'll see how it all plays out, but I find it scary that now all of these never Gym Jordan Republicans have flipped on him this morning. What sort of threats and/or Kompromat were issued to those people? I feel like a Gym Jordan Speaker combined with Tommy Tuberville blocking military appointments is all part of the same plan, a MAGA takeover of our government.

It's time to head down to that passport office and start setting aside some cash reserves just in case. I'm still holding out hope that tRump will stroke out before November 2024--if that happens, I will believe there is a God.

by Anonymousreply 105October 16, 2023 5:55 PM

R103, if voters in swing districts cared about the govt. shutting down they wouldn't have elected republiqans in the first place. They are not going to care if the assholes they voted for vote for Jordan... most of them have probably never even heard of him. Don't ever underestimate their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 106October 16, 2023 6:04 PM

[quote] I feel like a Gym Jordan Speaker combined with Tommy Tuberville blocking military appointments is all part of the same plan, a MAGA takeover of our government.

This is my fear, too.

It would take a perfect storm, but it could happen.

We had better hope that Joe Biden stays healthy, because if he doesn't, then Trump could come swooping in from the sidelines.

And then it's an all-Republican, all-MAGAT government, from the President on down.

And that would be the end of us.

by Anonymousreply 107October 16, 2023 6:07 PM

[quote] What sort of threats and/or Kompromat were issued to those people?

Well the threat is obvious: Trump will declare you double-plus ungood and the cult will turn on you and declare you a nonperson. At best they will vote you out in the next primary. At worst they will try to kill you.

We don't need to imagine all kinds of blackmail and secret lives. Just the idea that you are no longer "of the body" is sufficient.

There is only one choice for the sane: get the fuck out of this cultish and ridiculous party. Now.

by Anonymousreply 108October 16, 2023 6:14 PM

Oh, they wouldn't stop with threats to just the representative.

The reps might have gotten a call or six, from someone who definitely had no skin in the speaker game, who might slyly ask about the school their kids/grandkids go to and if those "unprotected" exits have been sorted out? Or, how "accidents" happen when unhappy "patriots" don't get what they want and know your grandma's or girlfriend's address and how sad that could be. Or, maybe they might ask for a reference about where their spouse gets their breaks worked on, can they recommend a good mechanic theirs need replaced?

And, suddenly....Gym is a man of integrity and those votes are "AYE!".

by Anonymousreply 109October 16, 2023 6:34 PM

*brakes

by Anonymousreply 110October 16, 2023 6:39 PM

Well the GOP really isn't interested in governing. They want to perform to fire up the base, fund raise and rake it in. They have no political goals except for funneling money up to the wealthiest, and waging war. They want Palestine (or Hummus as Dump called it) to prevail as the are looking forward to the end of the world. So, actually, next to Dumpster fire, he is the perfect SOTH. Nothing will get done, endless investigations that lead no where and just avenge their leader...... It think it's a wrap.

by Anonymousreply 111October 16, 2023 6:39 PM

And don't forget the upcoming government shutdown that will happen under Gym's leadership. Just in time for Thanksgiving!

by Anonymousreply 112October 16, 2023 6:58 PM

SO MUCH toxic baggage on him that becomes front page news if he becomes speaker. Huge boost to the Democrats in the next election.

The real reason he's becoming speaker: He spends more time on Fox News than any other congresscritter. Never sponsored and passed a law but appeared on Fox 565 times since 2017. That's all he's good for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 16, 2023 7:46 PM

He’s been in the House since 2007. Sixteen years in Congress and has never had any legislation enacted into law. Just screaming and lies.

This criminal belongs in prison.

by Anonymousreply 114October 16, 2023 7:49 PM

^ Way to go Ohio. Keep re-electing this asshole, you're getting such good representation.

by Anonymousreply 115October 16, 2023 7:50 PM

GOP: The Party of Rapists, Abusers, Traitors, and Pedophiles!

by Anonymousreply 116October 16, 2023 8:00 PM

Well if Gym becomes speaker, we certainly know where his allegiance lies -- Dump. It would mean Dump controls the House. Chaos and conspiracies all around.

I don't think the country would survive a Dump re-election. I think the Northeast and the Pacific coast states would secede. And I'd be all for it.

by Anonymousreply 117October 16, 2023 8:37 PM

Of course they did.

Because why wouldn’t they want to keep this disgraceful shit show going for as long as possible?

SMDH

by Anonymousreply 118October 16, 2023 9:16 PM

This was all orchestrated by Matt Gaetz to replace McCarthy with Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 119October 16, 2023 9:25 PM

People need to start paying attention.

Trump as Presidential nominee.

Jordan as Speaker

The military in disarray because the republicans won’t confirm top spots.

The Supreme Court 7-3.

This was the plan from the beginning.

Everyone that you have ever called hysterical, crazy, hyperbolic and a doom-scroller was right about everything.

by Anonymousreply 120October 16, 2023 9:26 PM

[quote]This was the plan from the beginning.

link to said plan, pls

by Anonymousreply 121October 16, 2023 9:28 PM

I think Dump is going to pick Matt Gaetz as his VP. He's a rapist like Dump and it'll stick it to Pence and all of the other losers fighting over the VP slot.

by Anonymousreply 122October 16, 2023 9:39 PM

I'm a little confused. All 20 of those representatives who said they would not vote for Jordan have backed down?

As scary as the prospect of his speakership is, I think it's good for the Democrats. Or at least Rick Wilson seems to think so. He's gotten texts from former associates in GOP campaign consulting and they figure they're screwed if Jordan gets the gavel.

by Anonymousreply 123October 16, 2023 9:59 PM

[quote] As scary as the prospect of his speakership is, I think it's good for the Democrats. Or at least Rick Wilson seems to think so. He's gotten texts from former associates in GOP campaign consulting and they figure they're screwed if Jordan gets the gavel.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voting public.

Just when you think they'll do the right thing..... they don't.

by Anonymousreply 124October 16, 2023 10:01 PM

R123 everything is always good for democrats

The overturn of Roe vs Wade is good for democrats

The Supreme Court being 7-3 is good for democrats

Trump is good for democrats

Wake up! Everything that is “good” for democrats while you are losing your rights that you will never get back.

R21 there is not a link for a plan. It’s just obvious at this point.

Nothing happens by accident.

by Anonymousreply 125October 16, 2023 10:02 PM

Of course they’re all voting for Jordan. They’re scared shitless of Trump going after them.

by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2023 10:05 PM

[quote]Nothing happens by accident.

Bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 127October 16, 2023 10:10 PM

Excellent news for Republicans!

by Anonymousreply 128October 16, 2023 10:14 PM

[quote] Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voting public.

Indeed. There was some polling around the threat of the last shutdown where more people blamed Biden and the Democrats. Bizarrely and stunningly they did not blame the Repukes who were, in fact, the ones who precipitated the problems. AND, it wasn’t even the fault of the mainstream media, because for the most part they’ve been upfront about saying this is the fault of the Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 129October 16, 2023 10:44 PM

Congressional Subpeonas are not enforceable (I believe)

by Anonymousreply 130October 16, 2023 11:00 PM

McCarthy went on Fox and straight up lied saying the Democrats were refusing to negotiate and blamed the imminent shutdown on them. Hence their lockstep vote to remove him. And, of course, the mouthbreathers in the audience believed him.

About these surveys though, the media never reports survey methodology or whether balancing factors and weighting are used to correct final sample to reflect the population. I can't recall which survey it was, but I read that the final sample consisted of 75% registered Republicans! Well, gee. And some surveys use *incredibly* leading questions, the wording of which isn't normally revealed in reporting.

BTW, I used to work in the survey research industry. My company didn't do any political polling for candidates because they were notorious for not paying bills. So by extension, it derived a reputation as not doing the political stuff outside of a question or two about upcoming general campaigns on omnibus surveys (intent to vote, feelings about how Congress is doing), nothing specific either party, IIRC. Wasn't run by my department.

by Anonymousreply 131October 16, 2023 11:08 PM

At least five Republicans say they do not plan to support Jordan on the first ballot Tuesday: Reps. Carlos Gimenez (R-Fla.), Don Bacon (R-Neb.), Ken Buck (R-Colo.), Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) and Mike Lawler (R-N.Y.).

Jordan picked up momentum on Tuesday, but if every member of the House votes on Tuesday, that opposition is enough to deny Jordan the gavel.

by Anonymousreply 132October 16, 2023 11:58 PM

Axios: Key House Republicans adamantly opposed to electing Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) as speaker have suddenly laid down their arms, clearing the way for a vote tomorrow that could hand the gavel to one of the most polarizing lawmakers in Congress.

Sean Hannity's Fox News show sent emails to potential defectors grilling them on their opposition to Jordan, a strong-arming tactic that irked some lawmakers — but which may have ultimately proved effective.

The threat of Democrats working with exasperated Republican centrists to elect their own speaker also likely spooked some GOP holdouts into dropping their opposition to Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 133October 17, 2023 12:01 AM

If he doesn’t win in the first vote, then he will move for another vote until they cave.

by Anonymousreply 134October 17, 2023 12:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 17, 2023 12:06 AM

Un-American cowards. The ones who caved are handing our country over to a dictator. Disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 136October 17, 2023 12:11 AM

I hope they hold firm and reject Gym. He is the last person who should be Speaker of the House.

by Anonymousreply 137October 17, 2023 12:13 AM

[quote] If he doesn’t win in the first vote, then he will move for another vote until they cave.

That's what McCarthy did, and he ended up as Speaker.

I think he failed six times before getting enough votes, if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 138October 17, 2023 12:20 AM

R138, more like 14 times. He was elected on the 15th ballot.

by Anonymousreply 139October 17, 2023 1:16 AM

Well, Kevin must not have threatened the hold-outs strenuously enough. Gym will have thought of that beforehand! He's our president Trump's pick so whatever it takes to get him in there is fine with me. Jesus said "The End Justifies the Means!", after all!

by Anonymousreply 140October 17, 2023 1:23 AM

Gee, r120, I told everyone years ago that there was a right wing conspiracy, and you all called me an hysterical female. Well, look at us now!

by Anonymousreply 141October 17, 2023 1:32 AM

Has Gym ever put his tongue into another man’s anus?

by Anonymousreply 142October 17, 2023 1:39 AM

r142 allegedly -

by Anonymousreply 143October 17, 2023 2:15 AM

[quote] Has Gym ever put his tongue into another man’s anus?

hehe

I won’t tell.

by Anonymousreply 144October 17, 2023 8:43 AM

At least one Republican with a set of balls who (as of last night) is not going to vote YES for the traitor Gym:

"I’m not budging. I’m a five-time commander and deployed to Middle-East four times. I’ll do what is best for country."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 17, 2023 11:01 AM

^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 17, 2023 11:05 AM

[quote]Sean Hannity's Fox News show sent emails to potential defectors

I am so tired of this guy meddling in our government. Who does he think he is? Does he realize that's not the job of a TV anchor? I hope he gets fired in the NEXT billion dollar lawsuit they are currently facing.

TIP: SHHHHHHHH Hey FOX, think of the millions you would save if you dropped him?

by Anonymousreply 147October 17, 2023 11:44 AM

As of 8 am eastern, the whip count is 10 votes publicly announced against Jordan. He won’t make it on the first vote…then it’s another grind, round by round.

by Anonymousreply 148October 17, 2023 11:56 AM

Repugs are exhausting. Does that guy have the stamina to go through 14 rounds of no? Something tells me he's pretty thin skinned. I bet if it gores more than 3 rounds he's going to blow his top.

by Anonymousreply 149October 17, 2023 12:26 PM

From a just raw political move, making the most device guy in Congress the Speaker means nothing will get done. Oh you will get those MAGA votes feeding them all the hate for Dems and Biden but here is the dirty little secret....you already had them. You will just look foolish to the rest of America as you get nothing done while droning on about Biden.

by Anonymousreply 150October 17, 2023 12:30 PM

Hell or high water, he’s going to be the next Speaker. The last thirty years have shown that there is no depth that Republicans won’t sink to. I thought the election of Trump would be the last big crescendo, but how wrong I was. The chaos of his presidency, Jan 6, and now elevating this bomb-throwing fool to be their leader in Congress. Especially since 2016, they’ve shown there is no norm they aren’t willing to defy and no democratic principle they aren’t willing to sacrifice if it means “owning the libs” or preserving power amid increasingly unfavorable demographics. I truly think that with Jordan as speaker, they’re laying the groundwork to select the next president through whatever extra-constitutional means necessary.

by Anonymousreply 151October 17, 2023 12:35 PM

The thought of Gym Jordan being 3rd in line to the Presidency is absolutely terrifying.

But it seems like this is going to be a done deal, no matter how many rounds of voting it takes.

Trump is going to have his puppet installed as Speaker..

Then step two of the plan gets implemented next year, when he does whatever it takes to be President.

by Anonymousreply 152October 17, 2023 1:21 PM

If Garland had nutted up and put the traitors who had tried to OVERTHROW OUR GOVERNMENT in jail like he ought to have, we would not be worried about this shit.

by Anonymousreply 153October 17, 2023 1:36 PM

if the dems were smart they would go to the 10 holds out and say "pick one of you guys, we will vote for them and fuck the rest of them" but no Republican would accept that.

by Anonymousreply 154October 17, 2023 1:42 PM

It’s the coup d’état at work by steps. It will climax with overturning the 2024 election results.

by Anonymousreply 155October 17, 2023 1:42 PM

Gaetz will now be treated as a kingmaker for getting an insurrectionist into the job of the person who is second in line for the presidency and who can cause electoral disruption. That was the plan all along. Dems should’ve voted for that twat McCarthy just to keep Jordan out. Every democratic member of congress should’ve known it was going to be Jordan. This is a coup.

by Anonymousreply 156October 17, 2023 2:17 PM

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the Dems do all say McCarthy today plus the 10 GOP and he goes right back in there.

What will MAGA do then?

by Anonymousreply 157October 17, 2023 2:20 PM

They would kick him out again.

by Anonymousreply 158October 17, 2023 2:23 PM

[quote] Trump is going to have his puppet installed as Speaker..

[quote] Then step two of the plan gets implemented next year, when he does whatever it takes to be President.

Actually, Step 1 was getting McCarthy out. (Trump Loyalist Gaetz)

Step 2 is getting Jordan in as Speaker. (Trump Loyalist Jordan)

Step 3 is getting Trump back in at the White House.

Extra Credit? Republicans win the Senate.

They would have total control of our government and courts.

And just think of all the damage they can do.

by Anonymousreply 159October 17, 2023 2:28 PM

All for Putin and the most vile 15% of America. Repellent fuckbags.

by Anonymousreply 160October 17, 2023 3:15 PM

The Democrats should never bail out a Republican speaker. It’s not their job.

by Anonymousreply 161October 17, 2023 3:30 PM

[QUOTE]that guy have the stamina to go through 14 rounds of no?

Absolutely yes. The clinical lore about people with serious personality disorders is that generally their energy seems inexhaustible and exceeds that of almost any one in the room. Ask a psychologist or psychiatrist with experience treating them.

by Anonymousreply 162October 17, 2023 4:17 PM

Piggy Elsie Stefanik is on the teevee now, saying how awesome Gym is. She has a punchable face.

by Anonymousreply 163October 17, 2023 4:43 PM

Elise was really confused last week. She was running around trying to figure out whose ass to kiss. I could swear I saw her in two nearly identical photos standing behind Scalise in one, Jordan in the other, looking on admiringly.

by Anonymousreply 164October 17, 2023 4:50 PM

Has voting started?

by Anonymousreply 165October 17, 2023 4:59 PM

They are voting now, R165.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 17, 2023 5:01 PM

Underway. My lunch is not going to stay down I'm afraid. God help us...

by Anonymousreply 167October 17, 2023 5:01 PM

Voting has started, but I suspect it'll go through multiple rounds of voting like it did for Kevvy. The "moderates" will cave eventually and it'll be Gym.

by Anonymousreply 168October 17, 2023 5:02 PM

Who got booed? What did he say?

Someone in the Ds just said Scalise, maybe that was it. Also one for Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 169October 17, 2023 5:09 PM

I'm probably falling for the bullshit but it appears he lost more votes than expected during this first round of voting.

by Anonymousreply 170October 17, 2023 5:25 PM

[quote]Someone in the Ds just said Scalise, maybe that was it.

Not true. Every Democrat has voted for Jeffries thus far.

by Anonymousreply 171October 17, 2023 5:33 PM

So far there are 14 no Gym voters. What a waste of time. Get your shit together Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 172October 17, 2023 5:33 PM

I was in the bathroom when the Lady Kitara Santos voted. Did she vote for Gym? And was she wearing a sexy sweater vest today?

by Anonymousreply 173October 17, 2023 5:35 PM

Aaron Rupar's Twitter is a good place to get updates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 17, 2023 5:37 PM

Yes to both R273. She stood up, voted, plopped her fat ass down, and immediately went back on Grindr to find anyone who would fuck her. Eww….

by Anonymousreply 175October 17, 2023 5:40 PM

^^^^^ Meant for R173

by Anonymousreply 176October 17, 2023 5:41 PM

Rep. Jeffries 212

Rep. Jordan 200

Others 20

by Anonymousreply 177October 17, 2023 5:45 PM

It’s obvious Jeffries is America’s choice for Speaker

by Anonymousreply 178October 17, 2023 5:47 PM

Sorry, Gym, better luck next round.

by Anonymousreply 179October 17, 2023 5:52 PM

He left it all out on the mat, and no one can tell him otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 180October 17, 2023 5:54 PM

What's the bet on how many votes until they pick Gym? I'll say between 5-10. There'll be more pressure this time to get a Speaker since there's war in the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 181October 17, 2023 5:56 PM

Who are the 20 who voted against him? Link to names?

by Anonymousreply 182October 17, 2023 5:59 PM

Well done to those twenty who voted against Gym! Who knew there were that many Republicans with balls bigger than raisins left in the House?

Also, the standing O for Pelota was very kind. Poor lady.

by Anonymousreply 183October 17, 2023 6:01 PM

Scalise got 7 votes. Don't remember the others.

by Anonymousreply 184October 17, 2023 6:03 PM

I hope they stand firm. A vote for Jordan is a vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 185October 17, 2023 6:15 PM

My guess is that Jordan will eventually prevail after another vote or two. For example. Doug LaMalfa, a GOP rep from CA, voted for McCarthy (as a symbolic gesture, probably) but said he'd vote for Jordan the next time.

I think the GOP will hold its collective nose and give Jordan the slot just to get this embarrassing situation over with.

Except Jordan will himself be an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 186October 17, 2023 6:16 PM

I wonder if Jeffries and the Democrats will rue the day they helped Gaetz toss McCarthy out, only to get someone even worse.

Did they think the GOP would nominate someone more palatable, or are they counting on Jordan being such a disaster (very likely) that it will help them in 2024 regardless of how much damage is done in the meantime?

I sure hope Jeffries and his caucus have some good strategies for dealing with the GOP members under Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 187October 17, 2023 6:21 PM

Stefanik looked quite happy with herself today nominating Gym Jordan, as she always does. Unfortunately, she can suck up to Trump all day, every day, hoping to be his VP, she'll never meet the one criterion that would be crucial to him as a female VP. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 17, 2023 6:41 PM

Here are the 20 votes for the Others. It's from the text of the closed captioning.

Steve Scalise 7

Kevin McCarthy 6

Lee Tolden 3

Mike Garcia 1

Tom Emmer 1

Tom Cole 1

Thomas Massie 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 17, 2023 6:48 PM

[quote] It’s obvious Jeffries is America’s choice for Speaker

The majority of representives voted against him, so not the choice.

by Anonymousreply 190October 17, 2023 6:49 PM

[quote] Except Jordan will himself be an embarrassment.

If he’s elected, I think he will clean up his act and start wearing a jacket and wear his shirt and tie properly.

by Anonymousreply 191October 17, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote] If he’s elected, I think he will clean up his act and start wearing a jacket and wear his shirt and tie properly.

No, it's his brand. They just showed him walking through the hallway with a gaggle of reporters. He had his jacket off, slung over his arm. He'll still be an embarrassment, that'll be the one constant here.

by Anonymousreply 192October 17, 2023 6:56 PM

Gym doesn’t like wearing a suit jacket because it makes him look like a little boy who is at the Cheesecake Factory after church.

by Anonymousreply 193October 17, 2023 6:56 PM

That motherfucker will NOT clean up his act, either in how he dresses or conducts himself. Well, MAYBE he may dress the part under pressure from the other members. I feel like he's "behaving himself" more now since he's trying to get the role. If he does slide in, expect the crazy to come right back.

by Anonymousreply 194October 17, 2023 6:58 PM

Lee Tolden 3

Isn't it Zeldin?

by Anonymousreply 195October 17, 2023 7:00 PM

He buys his suits from the little boys section of Marshals.

by Anonymousreply 196October 17, 2023 7:00 PM

If he refuses to dress properly, then he should be voted down. This isn’t a PTA meeting.

by Anonymousreply 197October 17, 2023 7:05 PM

I agree, R194! What is the matter with these motherfuc... "people" on this thread? What did the late and great Miss Maya Angelo say? " When they tell and show you who they are believe them!"

Gym Jordan is part of the cabal that attempted to overthrow our government. He does not honor the laws of country and many of you feel that he us going to change?

by Anonymousreply 198October 17, 2023 7:09 PM

The honorable and highly esteemed Mr. Hakeem Jefferies is just 6 or 7 votes away from being elected. Why don't Democrats actively play "Let's Make A Deal"?

by Anonymousreply 199October 17, 2023 7:14 PM

He’s bound to win because we are so fucked up.

We’re fucked, fucked, fucked.

On the off chance he fails, Elise Stefanik will get it

by Anonymousreply 200October 17, 2023 7:14 PM

[quote]What did the late and great Miss Maya Angelo say? " When they tell and show you who they are believe them!"

What Maya Angelou actually said was "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time" but in any translation: MARY!

by Anonymousreply 201October 17, 2023 7:15 PM

If Gym wants to visit my abode, he better get elected. My lady poosie is for winners.

by Anonymousreply 202October 17, 2023 7:16 PM

From Political Wire.

Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) was interviewed on CNN by Dana Bash about why he voted for Rep. Tom Emmer (R-MN) for speaker:

BASH: Do you really want Tom Emmer to be speaker?

BUCK: No, I don’t. I don’t like Tom Emmer.

by Anonymousreply 203October 17, 2023 7:28 PM

A few people are floating the idea of temporarily expanding the powers of the Pro Tem Speaker Patrick McHenry, so that they can get certain things that need to get done, done.

We'll see if that gets anywhere or if they will keep voting until Gym gets the Speakership.

by Anonymousreply 204October 17, 2023 7:33 PM

Gym looks like he would walk around the Capitol with chunks of shit stuck to his asshairs.

He's that guy.

by Anonymousreply 205October 17, 2023 7:35 PM

Stephanie Miller says that Gym's grey pallor looks like E.T. dying in the creek.

by Anonymousreply 206October 17, 2023 7:38 PM

[quote] If he’s elected, I think he will clean up his act and start wearing a jacket and wear his shirt and tie properly.

This is absolutely classic missing the forest for the trees. Jackets aren't really the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 207October 17, 2023 7:44 PM

Hmm. Has a GOP rep (besides Cheney and Kinzinger) been this bold?

Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP · 33m Rep. Ken Buck: “I am concerned that Congressman Jordan has not agreed to say that Donald Trump lost the election and Joe Biden won the election.”

by Anonymousreply 208October 17, 2023 8:11 PM

[quote]If [Jordan]’s elected, I think he will clean up his act and start wearing a jacket and wear his shirt and tie properly.

Thank you, Susan Collins.

by Anonymousreply 209October 17, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote] Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP · 33m Rep. Ken Buck: “I am concerned that Congressman Jordan has not agreed to say that Donald Trump lost the election and Joe Biden won the election.”

I'm concerned too.

I'm always concerned.

by Anonymousreply 210October 17, 2023 8:14 PM

[quote]The majority of representives voted against him, so not the choice.

Jeffries got more votes than any other candidate

by Anonymousreply 211October 17, 2023 8:26 PM

[quote] Jeffries got more votes than any other candidate

America wants him more than it wants anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 212October 17, 2023 8:39 PM

Okay 20 no votes for Jordan but one of them voted for Scalise on principle [sic] and will vote for Jordan next round.

by Anonymousreply 213October 17, 2023 8:49 PM

^ ugh, got that wrong. Guy was voting for *McCarthy* on principle.

by Anonymousreply 214October 17, 2023 8:57 PM

He lost by a wider margin than expected, and now the rumor is even more will vote against him in the 2nd round.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 17, 2023 8:58 PM

They need to pick a procedural schlub and bite the bullet. It will be hysterical if more people vote against him in the next round. That didn’t even happen to McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 216October 17, 2023 9:04 PM

[quote] America wants him more than it wants anyone else.

That would be interesting poll. I suspect it would not end the way you imply.

by Anonymousreply 217October 17, 2023 9:08 PM

get on the blower bitches, and tell your reps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 17, 2023 9:09 PM

There's something odd about Gym. I look at him and he has the same pale pasty complexion that Jeffrey Dahmer had. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 219October 17, 2023 9:11 PM

He's been in Congress for 16 years and never passed a single bill into law. What do Repugs voting for him think he's actually going to accomplish by rewarding him with an even more important job? He's basically the GOP's version of Hamas terrorist who throws verbal bombs and unhinged rants at the Democrats. Tells you where their priorities are.

by Anonymousreply 220October 17, 2023 9:23 PM

Just reported on MSNBC, Jordan says no second vote today - he needs more time. Another vote 11:00 am tomorrow. This is gonna drag on all week.

by Anonymousreply 221October 17, 2023 9:30 PM

^ Jordan is sunk

take that, Dump

by Anonymousreply 222October 17, 2023 9:31 PM

Hannity is also the LOOOOSER. Ha, Ha.

by Anonymousreply 223October 17, 2023 9:36 PM

[quote] That would be interesting poll. I suspect it would not end the way you imply.

You just keep telling yourself that

by Anonymousreply 224October 17, 2023 9:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 17, 2023 9:36 PM

wtf is Byron Donalds damage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 17, 2023 9:38 PM

I like Jasmine Crockett. She doesn't seem like a smug annoying cunt like AOC or the others in the squad.

by Anonymousreply 227October 17, 2023 9:40 PM

He gucked up—clearly he hasn’t flipped more than one or two if a second vote has been postponed.

He also huffed and puffed that no one should try a work-around to have McHenry move things along with Democratic support.

by Anonymousreply 228October 17, 2023 9:40 PM

Hey, go look at his Wiki. I had no idea the fucker had a Masters Degree. he went to some mail order law school but never went for the bar exam? OK. Fine. ZBut he was a state, NCAA and college sports champion, so probably coasted on his rep to get academic credentials in under grad . Whatever. He has always been an extremist. He was trying to shut down the Government in 2013. He was a hugely active member of the fucking Tea Party, and hates Gays, and totally anti abortion for years. A vile Bastard who found his soulmate in Trump. Jordan is a chaos agent. And he will make sure the government stays shut down. He is an unreasonable man. Right now he and his cabal are bullying and intimidating people to get their votes. I hope if they vote again tomorrow he garners fewer votes than he got today. He should never get close to 200. Make phone calls.

by Anonymousreply 229October 17, 2023 9:45 PM

Byron Donalds is busy fetchin' an' steppin' for Massa.

by Anonymousreply 230October 17, 2023 9:54 PM

R230 please don’t—you can’t pull it off. 👎🏼

by Anonymousreply 231October 17, 2023 9:55 PM

^ an eatin' too

gurl b large

by Anonymousreply 232October 17, 2023 10:01 PM

Jordan only knows how to bully, a Speaker needs to schmooze and deal for votes.

by Anonymousreply 233October 17, 2023 10:01 PM

[quote] wtf is Byron Donalds damage?

Besides being a convicted felon or in addition to that?

by Anonymousreply 234October 17, 2023 10:09 PM

R231 needs to remove her tampon.

by Anonymousreply 235October 17, 2023 10:11 PM

^ fur reel?

by Anonymousreply 236October 17, 2023 10:12 PM

Jordan is no schmoozer. He is a Chaos Agent and thinks scorched earth is the only way to achieve his goal. He is short sighted and thinks government shutdowns are the best effective tool. He bullies. He has no finesse.

by Anonymousreply 237October 17, 2023 10:16 PM

And he has cauliflower ear. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 238October 17, 2023 10:33 PM

Ruh, roh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 17, 2023 10:35 PM

R236 [quote] In 1997, Donalds was arrested for marijuana distribution; the charges were dropped as part of a pre-trial diversion program. In 2000, he pleaded no contest to a felony bribery charge as part of a scheme to defraud a bank. His record was later sealed and expunged.

I misspoke--although there are some questions about the ethics and circumstances around the disappearance of the1997 arrest record as well. I shouldn't be spreading unfounded rumors about the asshole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 17, 2023 10:36 PM

Thanks R234.

I don't give a shit that she likes weed. But the bribery and fraud shit gives me bad vibes.

by Anonymousreply 241October 17, 2023 10:39 PM

BUT, since I've already started in on corrupt GOP reps, let's pour one out for this piece of work as well

[quote] BREAKING; Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-Ariz.) announces she will not run for reelection.

[quote] "I want to spend more time with my husband, my 94-year-old mother, my three children, and my five grandchildren... Right now, Washington, D.C. is broken; it is hard to get anything done."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242October 17, 2023 10:52 PM

New York ( where else) Republican clueless when citing Gym's wrestling past in her nominating speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243October 17, 2023 10:56 PM

^ that cunt is twisted

by Anonymousreply 244October 17, 2023 10:58 PM

Plot Twist: she’s the next Speaker! 🤧🤑🤮

by Anonymousreply 245October 17, 2023 11:00 PM

Seriously, they might as well just convince the bow-tied beauty to go Full Speaker for the year and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 246October 17, 2023 11:03 PM

Think how many favors this creep owes to get this far in life? He never took the bar exam; got elected due to corrupt Ohio gerrymandering; was heavily involved with Jan. 6th; has so far escaped fallout from the OSU sex scandal; is boorish, crude, unsophisticated and dense. He only knows how to bully.

by Anonymousreply 247October 18, 2023 1:28 AM

One of the wives of the Republican reps who didn't vote for Gym showed screenshots of the harassing texts she was sent on Twitter.

I'll tell you this: if someone threatened my loved ones or harassed them, they'd never get my vote. Additionally, I'd do everything I could to make sure their career ended and they were on the breadline.

Hopefully, that lady's husband and some of his buddies will take the threats against their families that Gym and sprox very, very personally and make sure Gym has to look for a real job soon.

by Anonymousreply 248October 18, 2023 1:40 AM

*the threats against their families that Gym and sprox MADE

by Anonymousreply 249October 18, 2023 1:41 AM

Not looking good for old Gym. Too much strong arming and not enough leadership.

Has it been noted enough that he has been in Congress for 16 years but has never authored a single piece of legislation? Why on earth should he be Speaker, when he has accomplished nothing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 18, 2023 2:07 AM

Sad little loser in the pic at R250.

by Anonymousreply 251October 18, 2023 2:34 AM

[quote]Why on earth should he be Speaker, when he has accomplished nothing?

Rachel Maddox: “Jordan is not being elevated to Speaker for his political chops.”

by Anonymousreply 252October 18, 2023 2:35 AM

^^I hate autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 253October 18, 2023 2:39 AM

Bullying and threats is exactly how the Republicans who run elections in every state, strong arm voters and candidates. We have some thugs occupying space in the Republican Party. I hope tomorrow when they vote at 11 AM he goes down in flames. I look at the 200 votes he got and shake my head. Are so many of them really so easy to bully and manipulate? The media doesn't do nearly enough to cover Trump's involvement.

by Anonymousreply 254October 18, 2023 3:36 AM

Jordan adores Trump and does everything Orange Mussolini asks.

Jordan fails to win the speakership, Trump will say “I hardly knew hiim and he wouldn’t have been my pick”.

by Anonymousreply 255October 18, 2023 3:46 AM

Fuck this subliterate loser. If he or any of his mouth-breathing henchmen ever sent even one personal text to my loved ones over his election, never mind nasty threatening ones, he'd be out of his life and not just his job. I'd hound him publicly into the dirt, career be damned.

No one, anyplace, should have to put up with that at their job. Not even stupid Repub Congressmen/women.

by Anonymousreply 256October 18, 2023 4:31 AM

Gaetz is kingmaker only in his cloud cuckoo land dreams.

by Anonymousreply 257October 18, 2023 4:56 AM

[quote] Gaetz is kingmaker only in his cloud cuckoo land dreams.

He's King in the bedroom too.

Although when we're having sex, he makes me call him DADDY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 18, 2023 4:59 AM

All paid for, yes r258?

by Anonymousreply 259October 18, 2023 5:06 AM

I think Stefanik dropped the gym reference purposefully. She's as insanely ambitious and menacing as any of that gang of perverts, whether they're messing up politics, government, justice or people. She wasn't once what she is now. She chose to morph into this. She wants to be Madam Speaker, any money.

by Anonymousreply 260October 18, 2023 12:21 PM

Gym jordan STILL doesn’t have the votes

by Anonymousreply 261October 18, 2023 12:50 PM

One R member was quoted as saying some individual votes may change with another round, but the total will remain roughly the same, there aren't nearly 217 who want him.

by Anonymousreply 262October 18, 2023 12:50 PM

One GOP member said they only voted yes on the first round, and wouldn’t vote on the second

by Anonymousreply 263October 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Part of me wants Speaker Jordan because I think it guarantees a Democratic house, senate and White House in 2024. But this it the real world. I don't think anybody wants to or should pay the price of what happens with Jim Jordan in a position of influence between now and then. It is madness to me the Republicans are even making consideration possible. They are, quoting Logan Roy, not serious people.

by Anonymousreply 264October 18, 2023 1:06 PM

Miss Gymmie is Putin-Trump-Murdoch’s little bitch.

Democrats and mainstream media need to repeatedly shout that out loud.

by Anonymousreply 265October 18, 2023 1:28 PM

Gym is a Trump surrogate. If he doesn't win , I wonder if Trump himself will offer to run. He has said as much. He has said he is willing if it is necessary. Now I wonder WTF he meant...not. I have a suspicion if Jordan loses Trump will go for it. The only way he doesn't is if he can't raise the votes. I wonder how many Republican Congressmen, including the ones who hate Jordan, will cave in for Trump? This is getting scary. I wish McCarthy would run again. And get rid of the fucking rule to vacate.

by Anonymousreply 266October 18, 2023 2:34 PM

[quote] Nancy Pelosi buries Jim Jordan’s speaker bid as GOPer admits “bullying” spectacularly “backfired”

House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan’s, R-Ohio, speaker bid appears to be on life support Wednesday morning after 20 Republicans voted against him on the House floor Tuesday despite a fierce pressure campaign by his allies.

Jordan failed to get the 217 votes he needed to become speaker during a vote on Tuesday. After scrapping plans for a second vote Tuesday evening, he said the House is expected to hold another vote Wednesday at 11 am despite reports that even more Republicans may defect on the second ballot.

Rep. Don Bacon, R-Neb., who voted against Jordan, told Politico that he faced strong pressure from Jordan’s supporters.

“Jim’s been nice, one-on-one, but his broader team has been playing hardball,” he told the outlet.

Bacon’s wife told Politico’s Olivia Beavers that she received multiple anonymous emails and texts from people demanding her husband back Jordan.

“Your husband will not hold any political office ever again,” one message read.

Other Republicans similarly told Politico they “received a barrage of calls from local conservative leaders,” though they blamed the onslaught on Jordan’s supporters rather than the congressman himself. Other Republicans have referred to the tactics as “bullying.”

Even Jordan ally Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., admitted he thinks the tactics came back to bite Jordan.

“I think some of the pressure campaigns have backfired,” he told Fox News on Tuesday, citing conversations with fellow members who said “they felt that.”

“They have not worked,” he said. “And so, I think that right now under the leadership of Jim Jordan, I would request that people just take a break, take a pause, let the members work and figure this out amongst ourselves so we can elect Jim Jordan as Speaker, and then we can get back to the work that we have to do.”

Jordan on Tuesday vowed to “keep working” to “get the votes” ahead of a likely vote Wednesday morning but one anonymous House Republican warned to Politico that Jordan and his lieutenants are “calling people who voted for him trying to stop the bleeding” but were “pissing off” members rather than willing them over.

Rep. Carlos Gimenez, R-Fla., who voted for former Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., on Tuesday, told Politico that the “pressure tactics” only made him double down on his position.

”He supposedly said ‘stand down’ and they haven’t stood down. Leaders are followed,” he told Politico.

“The one thing that will never work with me — if you try to pressure me, if you try to threaten me, then I shut off,” Rep. Mario Díaz-Balart, R-Fla., agreed.

Want a daily wrap-up of all the news and commentary Salon has to offer? Subscribe to our morning newsletter, Crash Course.

Numerous Jordan backers in conservative media have also sought to pressure Republicans to back him while attacking potential rivals. Fox News host Sean Hannity’s staff has specifically targeted members that oppose his bid.

“He’s lost support because of this,” an unidentified House Republican told Politico. “Constant smears — it’s just dishonesty at its core.”

Some members who voted for Jordan have suggested privately that they may switch their votes on the second or third ballots. Some moderates have suggested that the more likely outcome is not a Jordan speakership but a vote to empower acting Speaker Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., though it’s unclear if that would succeed with just Republican votes.

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said after Tuesday’s failed vote that she feels “sad for the institution.”

“I think it’s sad that they’re getting worse and worse,” she told HuffPost’s Jennifer Bendery. "They should take a lesson in mathematics and learn how to count.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 18, 2023 3:08 PM

The high pressure tactics, including anonymous threats via text to FAMILY members, backfired spectacularly. Good! Shows a lack of judgement, lack of leadership and inability to read a room.

The Repubs need to re-group if they possibly can, and choose a leader they can actually install without drama, if that's possible.

Question: if enough Repubs sit out a voting round, could the Dem potentially get Jeffries installed?

by Anonymousreply 268October 18, 2023 4:07 PM

Theoretically, yes, r268. There would have to be four or five "present" votes from the GOP side, but that would be political suicide.

[QUOTE]“He’s lost support because of this,” an unidentified House Republican told Politico. “Constant smears — it’s just dishonesty at its core.”

Now they notice? It took Gym Mat Jordan?

by Anonymousreply 269October 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Thanks r269. It may be "political suicide", but then again being in that party these days seems to be career suicide. I wonder if a few of them have thought about doing this.

by Anonymousreply 270October 18, 2023 4:21 PM

The votes for the other GOP candidates, instead of not voting, was specifically to prevent Jeffries from winning. No Republican is going to vote to turn control of the Speakership over to the Democrats, no matter how fierce the squabble.

by Anonymousreply 271October 18, 2023 4:27 PM

Dump's dumb bitch is going DOWN!

by Anonymousreply 272October 18, 2023 4:36 PM

One vote for John Boehner, the old sot!

by Anonymousreply 273October 18, 2023 4:37 PM

He’s going down like an Ohio state wrestler while he is guarding the door.

by Anonymousreply 274October 18, 2023 4:38 PM

Someone voted for John Boehner? Damn that sends a message.

by Anonymousreply 275October 18, 2023 4:41 PM

21 other votes now, more than yesterday

by Anonymousreply 276October 18, 2023 4:49 PM

hahahaha! I'm loving every minute of this. Serves him right.

by Anonymousreply 277October 18, 2023 4:53 PM

John Boehner is off somewhere smoking a Tijuana fatty and enjoying a glass of Merlot, laughing his ass off.

by Anonymousreply 278October 18, 2023 4:58 PM

'Sleeves' Jordan's been pinned to the mat again - down for the count and out!

by Anonymousreply 279October 18, 2023 4:59 PM

Pro Tem McHenry for coalition candidate?

by Anonymousreply 280October 18, 2023 5:09 PM

Womp fucking Womp!

Ya meth mouthed pathetic pipsqueak!

by Anonymousreply 281October 18, 2023 5:24 PM

Jordon 199

Jeffries 212

Jeffries didn't change from yesterday and Jordon lost a vote.

by Anonymousreply 282October 18, 2023 5:27 PM

[quote]Dump's dumb bitch is going DOWN!

Everything Dump touches dies. You’d think they could have figured this out by now.

by Anonymousreply 283October 18, 2023 5:34 PM

How many voting rounds does everyone think this will take, before he's either installed or drops out? I'm going with 15.

by Anonymousreply 284October 18, 2023 5:37 PM

[quote]Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said after Tuesday’s failed vote that she feels “sad for the institution. I think it’s sad that they’re getting worse and worse,” she told HuffPost’s Jennifer Bendery. "They should take a lesson in mathematics and learn how to count.”

Pelosi is a master at trolling these people. “Learn how to count!” LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285October 18, 2023 5:39 PM

Threats and harassment are for scumbags, not leaders. Good to see a few Republicans (again) standing with America on this issue. Not just with the Democrats, but with AMERICA.

Gym can go cry in the toilets.

by Anonymousreply 286October 18, 2023 5:44 PM

[quote] Try to live your life in such a way that the entire country isn't gleeful at your defeat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287October 18, 2023 6:01 PM

Interesting, Gaetz has been noticeably absent from headlines. Has he been on conservative media these last couple of days? Kinda looks like he doesn't want attention right now.

by Anonymousreply 288October 18, 2023 6:01 PM

[bold]Republicans Say Third Ballot Would Be Worse for Jordan[/bold]

“Multiple Republicans are predicting that Rep. Jim Jordan would lose even more votes if or when he moves to a third ballot,” Politico reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289October 18, 2023 7:20 PM

Republican rep Cole, who nominated Gym today, thought it was a grand idea to announce that he would be instrumental in slashing Social Security should be become Speaker.

You know, for those few billionaires and multimillionaires who just don't need or care about social security! Gym is their man! Republicans will get that done for you guys! 👍

For everyone else...we have the House Democrats plus 22 Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 290October 18, 2023 7:27 PM

That'll really help in the swing districts.

by Anonymousreply 291October 18, 2023 7:30 PM

It will make for awesome footage for campaign commercials.

For the Democrats.

Thanks, House Republicans!

by Anonymousreply 292October 18, 2023 7:36 PM

R290 And I just read an editorial by a Republican in today's newspaper wondering what the Republican Presidential candidate's position on Social Security is all about. They all want to privatize it or drastically slash benefits, you dumbass! They've only been saying this for decades. PAY FUCKING ATTENTION!

by Anonymousreply 293October 18, 2023 8:49 PM

Has it been always the same Republicans voting against him? Or is it rotating through the ranks to spread the heat but still defeat him?

by Anonymousreply 294October 18, 2023 9:03 PM

It's a public humiliation for Dump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 18, 2023 9:08 PM

Yep, I'm getting the impression Trump is getting more and more irrelevant. Biden is doing his job as president trying to stave off a huge middle east war while Trump is spending all his time in court and making really BIZARRE speeches that show how out of it he really is. The country is starting to move on without him. Trump's sole future is in the legal system.

by Anonymousreply 296October 18, 2023 10:35 PM

I will defeat Barack Hussein Obama in the 2024 election!

by Anonymousreply 297October 18, 2023 10:39 PM

They should start scheduling Dump's rallies in the morning, since he's sundowning. Or just keep holding them at night and give him fistfuls of uppers, Adderall, and cocaine. Sooner or later he's bound to stroke out.

by Anonymousreply 298October 18, 2023 10:43 PM

Yeah, he tries to carry it off as a big joke, ha ha, Obama's really in charge, but it's clear at times he truly can't remember who the actual president is.

by Anonymousreply 299October 18, 2023 10:46 PM

MAGAts now trying to cover for him by calling Biden "OBiden"

by Anonymousreply 300October 18, 2023 11:49 PM

More or less the same, R294. There will never be 217 R's who want him.

by Anonymousreply 301October 19, 2023 12:22 AM

This may be a silly question, but how is calling him "Gym Jordan" a pejorative?

by Anonymousreply 302October 19, 2023 12:34 AM

It’s not a silly question. It’s a stupid question based on a lack of information and the ability to discern sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 303October 19, 2023 1:00 AM

Republican reps & their families who voted against Gym today are reporting credible death threats this evening.

The GOP base is disgusting. I hope the FBI finds the fuckers threatening them and locks them up with the other things and animals.

by Anonymousreply 304October 19, 2023 3:01 AM

He looks like a Muppet drawn by Picasso

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 19, 2023 3:42 AM

R304 those credible death threats are ironclad proof this is an operation run by the Trump and his thugs in various state parties. No doubt in my mind. They do the same thing during elections. Intmidating and threatening voters, candidates ,etc. Ugly thugs. Like Nazi Germany. No shit. What is beyond pitiful is Gym Jordan who has to be a social misfit among other things, could even get 199 votes without relying on Trump and his thugs. This is a deliberate attempt to render the Congress non functional. If Jordan ever got to be Speaker he'd shut everything down. That is the expressed goal of the Sedition Caucus and their leader Donald J. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 306October 19, 2023 4:28 AM

R306 I agree this has Dump / Dump's minions stink of shit all over it.

by Anonymousreply 307October 19, 2023 10:41 AM

tee hee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 19, 2023 10:44 AM

His face to me is sort of scary ,so pale, sharp angled, severe features like serial killer with the intensity going on at the same time. Actually, now that I think about it side by side Jeffery Dahmer looks a lot more normal.

by Anonymousreply 309October 19, 2023 12:02 PM

He looks like Mr. Potato Head.

by Anonymousreply 310October 19, 2023 12:07 PM

He looks horribly unhealthy. His coloring, his teeth, his mangy hair, all of it.

by Anonymousreply 311October 19, 2023 12:09 PM

R311 - I’m sure Dee Plorable thinks he’s as dreamy as Tab Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 312October 19, 2023 12:11 PM

I can't believe he's nut enough to think he could win this. He has to know how much menace and intimidation is planned in support of him. Even Jim Jordan can't imagine himself elected Speaker of the House of Representatives under normal tactics.

by Anonymousreply 313October 19, 2023 1:27 PM

Of course he thinks he can win, R313.

If his sprox threaten enough people. If they threaten the right people. If they keep up the harassment and run out the few Republicans left who aren't MAGAts.

Then, he thinks he will win.

by Anonymousreply 314October 19, 2023 2:23 PM

[quote]his sprox

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 315October 19, 2023 2:24 PM

[bold]Jordan won’t seek third speaker vote, allowing House to empower interim speaker[/bold]

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) will not seek an additional speaker vote Thursday, and he will back a plan to give Rep. Patrick T. McHenry (R-N.C.), the temporary speaker, additional powers, according to multiple people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the situation. After two rounds of votes, a group of Republicans had made clear that Jordan did not have enough support to win the speaker’s gavel. With House functions at a standstill, lawmakers can now move forward on a proposal to expand McHenry’s powers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316October 19, 2023 3:41 PM

So they're going to kick the can down the road some more (likely until January I'm hearing) while Gym pretends he's a changed man so he can get the votes. I pray the holdouts don't fall for his shit over the next couple months.

by Anonymousreply 317October 19, 2023 3:47 PM

What a chump!

by Anonymousreply 318October 19, 2023 3:47 PM

GOOD!

Fuck Gym Jordan.

And FUCK Trump, too!

by Anonymousreply 319October 19, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote]Jim Jordan Learns Being A Failure Isn’t Just A River In Egypt

[quote]Minutes later, Sherman reported that Jim Jordan had donned the ceremonial cloak of loserdom and retreated into the crying masturbation chamber of tear-stained losers, out of which he will never re-emerge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320October 19, 2023 4:00 PM

Dump just got kicked in the cuntbone

by Anonymousreply 321October 19, 2023 4:26 PM

So can we expect a media makeover for Gym before they do another round of Speaker votes in January? Leslie Stahl must be furiously rubbing her clit, anticipating the 60 Minutes interview with walk-and-talk!

by Anonymousreply 322October 19, 2023 4:39 PM

He threw in the towel.

by Anonymousreply 323October 19, 2023 4:42 PM

I think that's likeliest. He bought time to say he's decided against it, the system is broken, the swamp is crushing democracy and then he can back to ranting.

by Anonymousreply 324October 19, 2023 4:44 PM

He didn’t have the bearing to be Speaker. McCarthy was ineffective and meek, but he had the physical bearing. They need to stop considering only how they feel about each of the candidates and switch to thinking how their selection will appear to the public.

by Anonymousreply 325October 19, 2023 4:50 PM

the GOP can't run a lemonade stand. they won't think of anything

by Anonymousreply 326October 19, 2023 4:52 PM

Is the baby bowtie crapping in his diaper now? You know the nutcases will turn on him as well once he does anything the MAGAts don't like--for example, funding for Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 327October 19, 2023 4:59 PM

Or showing up.

by Anonymousreply 328October 19, 2023 5:01 PM

Delicious!

Meth mouth with his tail between his legs.

Come January, he will be yesterday’s news.

Good riddance to the shitstained singlet.

by Anonymousreply 329October 19, 2023 5:49 PM

I hardly know him. I think he got me coffee once.

by Anonymousreply 330October 19, 2023 5:51 PM

They're back to square one again! MSNBC just reported the proposed deal to just extend temp speaker McHenry's powers is dead. So there's no speaker and Gym is back to begging for more votes. What a clusterfuck!

by Anonymousreply 331October 19, 2023 6:53 PM

They are so embarrassing. How can Republican voters not be utterly humiliated by them, by Trump? Nevermind, they are morons.

by Anonymousreply 332October 19, 2023 7:05 PM

YOU'LL LOVE ME, OR ELSE!

"More threats

Rep Drew Ferguson (R-GA), who defected from Jim Jordan yesterday, “Shortly after casting that vote, my family and I started receiving death-threats. That is simply unacceptable, unforgivable, and will never be tolerated.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333October 19, 2023 8:18 PM

Maybe Gym is going to threaten them in-person, like a big boy?

"JIM JORDAN is expected to meet with GOP holdouts shortly.

A floor vote seems possible (???) tonight, as members who vote against him complain of death threats."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 19, 2023 8:24 PM

"Multiple sources tell me some of the holdouts are refusing to meet with Jordan or take his calls."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 19, 2023 8:26 PM

"Per a senior GOP source, “Ferguson told the conference that he‘s had to have a sheriff stationed at his daughter’s school over death threats from the far right. Also one at his house.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 19, 2023 8:31 PM

"GOP erupts in closed-door meeting after House speaker stalemate"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337October 19, 2023 8:34 PM

He's going back for a third time. My theory is he cant get enough male tail in the locker room anymore so he's playing out his BDSM degradation fantasies out in the public.

by Anonymousreply 338October 19, 2023 8:34 PM

[quote]YOU'LL LOVE ME, OR ELSE!

And I'm telling you, I'm not going!

by Anonymousreply 339October 19, 2023 8:37 PM

The anti-Gym Jordan Republicans should pull a Carrie at the prom move and dump a bucket of pig's blood on Gym's head during Vote #3.

by Anonymousreply 340October 19, 2023 8:39 PM

Someone needs to lock that little weasel in the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 341October 19, 2023 8:40 PM

Heee’ssss baaaacccckkkk! Just how much humiliation can one man and one political party and one Country take before it snaps for good?! SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 342October 19, 2023 8:49 PM

I know it's kinda fucking the country, but this is great!

by Anonymousreply 343October 19, 2023 8:50 PM

He must have gotten a call from Dump.

by Anonymousreply 344October 19, 2023 8:54 PM

I read in either the NYT or The Hill that there are 50 GOP reps who are adamantly opposed to Jordan and have agreed to make him lose by more votes with each successive vote.

That should be fun!

by Anonymousreply 345October 19, 2023 9:25 PM

[quote] I read in either the NYT or The Hill that there are 50 GOP reps who are adamantly opposed to Jordan and have agreed to make him lose by more votes with each successive vote.

Good.

The bigger the humiliation, the better.

by Anonymousreply 346October 19, 2023 9:29 PM

Wowee we get to keep that cute weirdo Patrick McHenry! Who doesn't love a bow tie?

by Anonymousreply 347October 19, 2023 10:07 PM

Meet the Press tweet: Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) is threatening to quit as speaker pro tempore.

He told GOP colleagues he might do it if Republicans push him to move legislation on the floor without an explicit vote to expand his powers.

by Anonymousreply 348October 19, 2023 10:10 PM

MMMM, it's popcorn time.

by Anonymousreply 349October 19, 2023 11:06 PM

[quote] Republican “almost lunges” at Gaetz as GOP meeting erupts over Jordan speaker failure

House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, is set to announce that he will not pursue a third vote for the chamber's speakership, but will support a plan to permit acting Speaker Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., to run the House temporarily.

The Ohio Republican's decision, a person familiar with the matter confirmed to Politico, followed his two defeats in the race earlier this week. It also marks a victory for centrists who created the proposal to empower McHenry, who had not sought out the position.

Jordan's decision came as House Republicans convened for a closed-door meeting with his allies attempting to salvage a rag-tag effort that lost votes on Wednesday. He indicated on Wednesday his reception to a vote on the proposal to empower McHenry until Jan. 3 but has not signaled where his latest move leaves his bid for the speakership.

Rep. Dave Joyce, R-Ohio, author of the proposal, told Politico that "if anything, it buys [Jordan] more time to do what he needs to do in private” to convert his skeptics. Other Republican representatives, however, are "pissed" about Jordan's embrace of the proposal, Semafor reporter Joseph Zeballos-Roig reported.

Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., called McHenry's potential election “the biggest F.U. to Republican voters," while Rep. Pat Fallon, R-Texas, told Punchbowl News that he is a "Hell no" on the resolution, both arguing that a majority of Republicans will oppose it.

"We don't deserve the majority," Banks told reporters, predicting that "more than half of Republicans" would oppose the measure. Fallon predicted it could be as many as two-thirds of the caucus.

"No Republican should under any circumstances support an unconstitutional elevation of power to an unelected Speaker, nor a highly dangerous coalition government arrangement with Democrats radically opposed to the America first agenda," Rep. Bob Good, R-Va., tweeted.

“We shouldn’t be setting the precedent that this is the way we should elect a speaker," House Freedom Caucus Chairman Scott Perry, R-Pa., told Punchbowl News, adding that Jordan “doesn’t need to drop out” and that he will continue to support him for speaker.

Tensions flared at a House GOP meeting after Jordan's decision. Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., "screamed" at Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., who led the push to oust him, to sit down when the Florida congressman went to the microphone to speak, according to Axios reporter Juliegrace Brufke. Rep. Michael Bost, R-Ill., was "almost lunging" at Gaetz, sources told Brufke.

McCarthy later denied that he screamed at Gaetz, telling reporters that Gaetz interrupted him and he told him to sit down.

“I think the whole country is screaming at Matt Gaetz," he added, according to Brufke.

Reps. Debbie Lesko, R-Ariz., Nathaniel Moran, R-Texas, Lance Gooden, R-Texas, and Mariannette Miller-Meeks, R-Iowa, called on Jordan to step aside at the party's speaker designee at the meeting, according to Axios.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., complained that she was "disappointed" in Jordan's decision.

Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., ripped the plan to elevate McHenry.

"I will not sit back and watch a complete betrayal of the GOP base with this 'plan' that’s being discussed," she vowed. "I ran because I was sick and tired of politicians coming up here and cutting deals and releasing 'holier than thou' statements about why we just had to accept it."

The right-wing gripes over the plan underscore the need for Democratic votes to empower McHenry.

"For many Democrats, backing the McHenry resolution is a hard, almost impossible vote if Jordan is still going to be running for speaker and not dropping his bid," CBS News' Robert Costa reported. "It essentially becomes a vote to give Jim Jordan more time to whip votes rather than simply empower McHenry."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350October 19, 2023 11:07 PM

oh, my!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 19, 2023 11:09 PM

Surely there has to be someone besides Jordan that even swamp creatures like MTG and Gaetz will agree on.

by Anonymousreply 352October 19, 2023 11:12 PM

NOPE, they are all creatures of the same swamp. Just a matter of if you want the one with big gator teeth or the that weird fish that is known to swim up men's piss slit.

by Anonymousreply 353October 19, 2023 11:15 PM

I’ll take the piss slit one, R353!

by Anonymousreply 354October 19, 2023 11:17 PM

[quote] Wowee we get to keep that cute weirdo Patrick McHenry! Who doesn't love a bow tie?

I feel sorry for that poor gavel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355October 19, 2023 11:18 PM

MTG and Gaetz and Jordan and Boebert are up Dump's ass. They want what Dump wants.

by Anonymousreply 356October 19, 2023 11:18 PM

They need a team bonding experience like taking turns slapping Matt Gaetz' ugly face in a vicious manner.

I feel like they could finally find common ground with the Democrats in this activity as they would also each love a turn.

by Anonymousreply 357October 19, 2023 11:24 PM

Then those 4 individuals, R356, must die. Horribly.

by Anonymousreply 358October 19, 2023 11:25 PM

oh, my

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 19, 2023 11:43 PM

[quote]House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, is set to announce that he will not pursue a third vote for the chamber's speakership, but will support a plan to permit acting Speaker Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., to run the House temporarily.

He was set to announce that 10 hours ago. His plans have changed at least twice since then.

by Anonymousreply 360October 19, 2023 11:43 PM

R355 the gentleman from North Carolina looks and acts like the secretary of the DKE house at UNC-Chapel Hill…circa 1963.

All hail the Gavel!

by Anonymousreply 361October 19, 2023 11:50 PM

Those who have received death threats -- who's families have received death threats -- need to stand up to the MAGAts in their party. Stand with the Democrats. Stand with AMERICA. They will be in the MAJORITY of AMERICANS who are sick of MAGAts and of Trump.

Stand up! Take your party back from those cretin cuntrags!

by Anonymousreply 362October 20, 2023 1:17 AM

You get bolder with your caps after you have had your after-dinner wine, don't you, r362?

by Anonymousreply 363October 20, 2023 1:30 AM

I do, R363. But at least I just throw in a few capitalized words here and there, instead of threating folks or attempting insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 364October 20, 2023 1:36 AM

[quote]instead of threating folks

You should take a break until you sober up.

by Anonymousreply 365October 20, 2023 1:47 AM

Fuck offf^^ troll

by Anonymousreply 366October 20, 2023 1:54 AM

Wait, R355!

We can get a tweet to show up inline again?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367October 20, 2023 1:58 AM

Nah, R365.

by Anonymousreply 368October 20, 2023 2:01 AM

"JORDAN will hold an early AM news conference tomrorow.

I am told this is an attempt to use the "bully pulpit" -- to the extent he has one -- to try to drum up support for his bid to be speaker."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369October 20, 2023 2:07 AM

There’s only one bully pulpit, in the USA, and it ain’t in the jockstrap of a pasty Ohioan.

by Anonymousreply 370October 20, 2023 2:12 AM

[quote] I am told this is an attempt to use the "bully pulpit" -- to the extent he has one -- to try to drum up support for his bid to be speaker."

That’s laughable and he’s delusional. Gym is definitely a bully, but he doesn’t have a “bully pulpit.” He’s a sad, pathetic little loser who has managed to convince himself that he is somehow the heir apparent to the Speaker’s gavel. He’s not. And he has no clue as to what he’s doing. None at all. The dunderheaded plot to unleash the gremlins on his colleagues and their families demonstrated that he is an idiot, as if we needed further proof. What an incredibly, stunningly, stupid move that was. It doesn’t project strength, it screams weakness. In addition, absolutely nothing in his 16 years of bullying and blathering on Faux “News” has prepared this weasel for the extremely difficult job or the circumstances that he would encounter as Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 371October 20, 2023 2:54 AM

Gaetz is a MAGATy swamp thing.

by Anonymousreply 372October 20, 2023 4:27 AM

Who the fuck cares. There's not going to be a house speaker for months, the government will shut down AGAIN, and the same voters with the IQ of tepid tap water will vote these assholes back into office because 'Merica and Dylan Mulvaney drank my beer!

by Anonymousreply 373October 20, 2023 4:29 AM

Now is the time to pass out the cyanide laced Kool-Aid, Donald!!

by Anonymousreply 374October 20, 2023 5:12 AM

He lost twice? Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 375October 20, 2023 5:20 AM

What a bunch of pathetic LOSERS!

Let them kill each other. Then Jeffries will have the votes.

by Anonymousreply 376October 20, 2023 5:28 AM

This is all so confusing.

by Anonymousreply 377October 20, 2023 8:21 AM

Don't talk with your mouth full!

by Anonymousreply 378October 20, 2023 8:39 AM

Lachlan Murdoch’s Fox anchor, Sean Hannity, calling up Congressmen to pressure the vote in favor of Gym Jordan, and riling up MAGAs in the intimidation effort, are beyond appalling. THIS is the CONSPIRACY!

by Anonymousreply 379October 20, 2023 8:40 AM

rather a bad miscalculation from Dump and his brown shirts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380October 20, 2023 11:01 AM

Hannity is probably the guy making those threatening phone calls to those guys wives. Or one of his staff. Wouldn't put it past him. He was calling Trump all day during the insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 381October 20, 2023 11:14 AM

"Trump is inciting death threats against Fani Willis, Jack Smith, Judge Chutkan, Tish James, Alvin Bragg, General Milley, Pence, Bill Barr & prosecutors

Jim Jordan is inciting death threats against his GOP colleagues & their wives

Different psychopaths. Same small man energy"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382October 20, 2023 12:04 PM

"A source close to Rep. Ken Buck tells me "the landlord is terminating the lease" for the congressman's district office in Weld County because Buck isn't supporting Jim Jordan for speaker, giving Buck 30 days to get out. #copolitics"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383October 20, 2023 12:08 PM

Between this and the other landlord that murdered that little boy for being Palestinian it just cements my beliefs that most landlords are sociopaths. Thank god I have have not had to rent in the last 20 years.

Don't even get me started on what I think about Realtors.

by Anonymousreply 384October 20, 2023 12:20 PM

R383 see, this is the thuggery that exists in every single state Republican PArty. The so called moderates have quit Congress and been replaced by these Seditionists, and the state party has been urged of anyone who won't go along with Trump. Intimidation threats bullying etc. are their way of doing business. This is classic fascism. If you have ever studied how Fascism ascended in Hitler's Germany, it didn't happen overnight. As much fun as we're having with this spectacle, we should all be very concerned. I pray that the more moderate voices hold the line, dig in and say hell no to the bullying the intimidation, and the attempts by a four times indicted lunatic orchestrating this. Trump is angry about the legal mess he is facing,and he is having a tantrum. "Shut it down." was his directive weeks ago. Now it is hardening into a strategy. As we watch them as the media and the Dems talk about how they can't get their act together, they are actually achieving what they want. A small cabal is attempting to shut down the functioning of our government. If the situation remains unchanged when the 45 day deadline expires, they will not re negotiate they will continue with the shutdown. I sincerely hope there are some emergency powers Biden can use t o keep things going.

by Anonymousreply 385October 20, 2023 12:20 PM

They need to root out these callers. They’re the same J6 insurrectionists who were at the Capitol. They need to get arrested too. I hope anyone being threatened doesn’t cave.

by Anonymousreply 386October 20, 2023 1:38 PM

CBS News: Jim Jordan’s third attempt to win the speakership on the House floor takes place at 10 a.m. Friday, after two failed rounds of voting.

There has been no clear evidence so far that he can convert enough of the 22 Republicans who voted against him Wednesday to prevail in this next round of voting, but at a news conference Friday morning before the vote, he said, “Our plan this weekend is to get a speaker elected to the House of Representatives as soon as possible.”

by Anonymousreply 387October 20, 2023 1:45 PM

[quote] They need to root out these callers.

Looking back at when there were a slew of death threats by abortion proponents against the conservative Supreme Court justices, Merrick Garland stated that the Justice Department does take death threats seriously. There was an arrest of at least one guy who was upset that Roe was overturned and who threatened to kill Kavanaugh. The Justice Department should do the same with Republicans if they make any death threats,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388October 20, 2023 2:24 PM

I would bet the farm on it that Jordan first said he would support McHenry as a temporary speaker until January to then surprisingly walk it back to a little phone call he got from an unhinged Donald Trump who sees the walls closing up on him and whose last resort may well be that the House is firmly controlled by his favorite henchman, Gym Jordan. I really hope that Trump's phone calls are being surveilled but I wouldn't be surprised at this point to know that he survives from one burner phone to the next. It's obvious that Trump wants nothing more than absolute chaos by shutting down government till election day 2024. Like it worked so well for him the last time he tried it (and it was only for a couple of weeks).

by Anonymousreply 389October 20, 2023 2:36 PM

Jordan is Trump's flunky and his support comes from MAGA crazies. If Jordan had gotten the speakership on the first vote there would have been stories all over the media about how all-powerful Trump is.

Yet you don't see much discussion in the media now about how WEAK this makes Trump look.

by Anonymousreply 390October 20, 2023 2:45 PM

"Last night I listened to Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, and George Santos in a space. They admitted their goal was to keep America shut down and it was said they would do this through the next election. They also pointed out it would keep money flowing to Ukraine. THIS IS A COUP NOT AN ELECTION."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391October 20, 2023 2:52 PM

Kevin McCarthy on the floor of Congress just now, advocating for a man who hasn't authored a single bill: "Let me correct you, Jim Jordan is an effective legislator."

by Anonymousreply 392October 20, 2023 2:52 PM

I kind of get the feeling McCarthy wants Jordan to get the job so he can watch him fail miserably.

by Anonymousreply 393October 20, 2023 2:55 PM

Kevin really does have a humiliation kink, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 394October 20, 2023 2:55 PM

Whatever McCarthy's playing at he's given up any notion of the whole farce coming full circle and resulting in his restoration. I mean, it's the impossible dream for him, but it's been discussed. In any event, his partisan attacks on Democrats as part of the speech create a hardened division. They. must have promised him something. He has supporters still voting for him as a show of loyalty but the bit of the speech I heard was full throated for Gym.

These fucked up carpetbaggers and wreckers.

by Anonymousreply 395October 20, 2023 3:01 PM

I wanna see two votes for Boehner this round!

by Anonymousreply 396October 20, 2023 3:03 PM

McCarthy, "I nominate Jim Jordan because I can't get enough of this public humiliation shit".

by Anonymousreply 397October 20, 2023 3:06 PM

There are already 9 Republican votes against Jordan. He's not getting it on this ballot.

by Anonymousreply 398October 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Failed again and just lost a vote he'd counted twice previously.

by Anonymousreply 399October 20, 2023 3:20 PM

The strategy seems to have 2-3 defections in each round. Gym will stand at 40 by the time we reach round 14. I agree with R390: Trump is weak and it's showing.

by Anonymousreply 400October 20, 2023 3:42 PM

Gym is a three-time LOSER.

Let’s make it four, you pathetic POS.

by Anonymousreply 401October 20, 2023 3:43 PM

Twenty five Republicans vote against Jordan in this go-round.

by Anonymousreply 402October 20, 2023 3:50 PM

I hope Jordan keeps running. Each time he gets less votes than the time before. If this were me I would be so humiliated at this point. What is wrong in these peoples minds?

by Anonymousreply 403October 20, 2023 3:53 PM

It’s a cult, r403

by Anonymousreply 404October 20, 2023 3:55 PM

Whomp Whomp

by Anonymousreply 405October 20, 2023 3:57 PM

You're once, twice, three times a loser...

by Anonymousreply 406October 20, 2023 3:59 PM

Womp womp.

by Anonymousreply 407October 20, 2023 4:02 PM

Ooops, I missed your post, r405! Great minds ...

by Anonymousreply 408October 20, 2023 4:03 PM

Trump, Hannity, and Gym will ramp up the threats over the weekend. They're stupid bullies and can't/won't go a different way. They'll just keep doubling down.

by Anonymousreply 409October 20, 2023 4:09 PM

Jordon 194

Jefferies 210

I think Jefferies lost 2 votes Jordon lost 4.

by Anonymousreply 410October 20, 2023 4:16 PM

Re: R403:

Neither Trump nor Gym accept that when they're told "no" or "Fuck off, not interested", that means they're supposed to go the fuck away.

Rapists, molesters, and apologists for rapists and molesters are like that.

by Anonymousreply 411October 20, 2023 4:16 PM

WHAT. A. CHUMP!

by Anonymousreply 412October 20, 2023 4:17 PM

[quote]I think Jefferies lost 2 votes

Jeffries dropped two votes due to two absent Democrats. No Dem voted against him.

by Anonymousreply 413October 20, 2023 4:21 PM

From politicalwire.com

[bold]GOP Lawmaker Seeks to Oust Temporary Speaker[/bold]

Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL) was photographed holding a resolution on the House floor to remove Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC) as temporary speaker.

From the comments section

[quote]..It sounds like they want to appoint Jordan the temporary speaker instead, and then expand the temporary speaker's duties. What a slimy way to force him in as speaker, even though it's obvious he isn't his own party's choice. Just like the way they try to circumvent rules and majority votes to get elected in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414October 20, 2023 4:31 PM

R414 in what world would that get him more votes? It’s worse than just electing him outright….They is dumb and dumber.

by Anonymousreply 415October 20, 2023 4:33 PM

The idea isn’t to “elect” that prick. It’s to INSTALL him. Undemocratically. Like they tried to do with dump.

In their fevered brains, they think they can stop all the pain that’s coming for them AND their orange fool god if they can just just pull their coup off.

It’s too late. Jack Smith is off the chain. No matter what they do, Justice is coming. And she’s holding hands with karma.

by Anonymousreply 416October 20, 2023 4:56 PM

McCarthy felt like an outsider. He wants back into Trump's good graces. So jumps on the bandwagon, in a show of "unity" at Trump's direction, to nominate Jordan. This means McCarthy...once again... has caved in to Pressure from the Extremists. And yes, the shut down is the goal. I cannot believe how stupid the media is to have totally missed the point. So focused on the chaos, they aren't seeing what's right in front of them.

by Anonymousreply 417October 20, 2023 5:47 PM

He’s gone—tossed like a salad by the Conference. The lettuce lasted longer than he did.

He’s the un-designee now.

by Anonymousreply 418October 20, 2023 6:14 PM

[bold]Tom Emmer Will Run for Speaker[/bold]

House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-MN) is making calls to run for speaker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419October 20, 2023 7:03 PM

McCarthy only wants to stay in Trump's good graces because he needs him to pardon him. He thinks if Trump is re-elected he will be pardoned. He's in for a surprise because he is probably going to end up in jail instead. Once Trump loses this next race it's over for all those in office that supported Trump. They're screwed.

by Anonymousreply 420October 20, 2023 7:15 PM

Jordan dropped out. Ha! What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 421October 20, 2023 7:19 PM

R421 he had to. In secret balloting he didn't even get enough votes to make the threshold of a viable nominee. It's wide open again. However, I have to worry about the possibility of McHenry resigning and Jordan scheming his way in temporarily. Like the guest who refuses to leave.

by Anonymousreply 422October 20, 2023 7:25 PM

I meant Jordan, not McCarthy in post r420

by Anonymousreply 423October 20, 2023 7:28 PM

[quote]The vote was 86 in favor of keeping Jordan, 112 in favor of moving on to someone else and 5 voting present.

They threw him out.

by Anonymousreply 424October 20, 2023 7:28 PM

It's going to get worse.

House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-MN) is making calls to run for speaker, Punchbowl News reports.

Rep. Mike Johnson (R-LA), who is also in leadership, is making calls to run for speaker, CNN reports.

Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) is also running for speaker, Politico reports.

Rep. Kevin Hern (R-OK) is also running, Punchbowl News reports.

Rep. Jack Bergman (R-MI) is running, Politico reports.

by Anonymousreply 425October 20, 2023 7:30 PM

I think it's either gonna be McHenry or a McCarthy restoration in the end. I think the moderates (for lack of a much better term) have a) had it and b) tasted blood. They are probably done with the crazy eight led by Gaetz.

by Anonymousreply 426October 20, 2023 7:32 PM

R426, we're fortunate that Gaetz and Jordan and the rest of that cabal are so unlikeable. Personally I think the threats, and the fact that the threats were made public, was the final straw. Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 427October 20, 2023 7:36 PM

Gaetz and the other Freedom Cock-us were claiming today that Jordan is the 2nd-most popular Republican in the country.

by Anonymousreply 428October 20, 2023 7:45 PM

Just more of their usual bullshit. I hope (and think a bit) there's been a sea change. They're still Republicans, but maybe the least worst now have the upper hand.

by Anonymousreply 429October 20, 2023 7:47 PM

Jordan looks like Hell.

by Anonymousreply 430October 20, 2023 7:51 PM

Donalds could get it, even with his past problems with the law.

by Anonymousreply 431October 20, 2023 7:56 PM

They're all gonna laugh at you!

by Anonymousreply 432October 20, 2023 7:56 PM

They’ve been parroting McQ’s talking point that “. . . all of the Dems joined eight Republicans to create this mess” (as if it’s the Dems’ fault that:

A. the R’s adopted a privileged rule to let any one asshole put their Speaker in jeopardy; and,

B. they don’t have a single other Republican out of 221 they think highly enough to trust with the speakership.)

Anytime a reporter points out [italic]they [/italic] did this to themselves, they start mumbling.

by Anonymousreply 433October 20, 2023 8:01 PM

R428, that may be actually true. Jordan goes on Fox news more than any other Republican and he's a big Trump booster.

by Anonymousreply 434October 20, 2023 8:08 PM

They need to float Melania.

by Anonymousreply 435October 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Float Melania? On a leaky barge down the rapids, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 436October 20, 2023 8:12 PM

I think having the first black Speaker would be too tempting to pass up.

by Anonymousreply 437October 20, 2023 8:14 PM

What’s even worse is that there had to be 70-80 who voted for Jordan on the House floor and then voted to dump him in their secret caucus vote. Spineless!

by Anonymousreply 438October 20, 2023 8:21 PM

Why does Hannity get a free pass from the rest of the media when he blatantly gets involved in politics? He gets the same kind of "that's just him" free pass that Trump does. Yes, we all know he's corrupt, but that's no excuse not to point it out every time he dose that. It hurts the REAL journalist because people on the right make the false equivalency that the left is just the same which it is not.

Can you imagine if someone like Rachael Maddow was calling Joe Biden or Obama on a regular basis planning democratic strategy?

by Anonymousreply 439October 20, 2023 8:48 PM

Verst Lady tits are flotation device, Donald thought of everything.

by Anonymousreply 440October 20, 2023 8:50 PM

Because he’s not a journalist. Duh. He’s a propagandist…preaching to his own choir. He’s not the problem…it’s the people who listen to him /use him as a voice that are the problem. You need to look at it from a different angle: his power rests solely with those who take from him…otherwise he’s just the man behind the curtain.

by Anonymousreply 441October 20, 2023 9:03 PM

Both Fox and Hannity do not refer to themselves as propagandist. You are doing the exact same thing I am talking about. Giving him a pass because everyone knows he's a fake. People are sheeple to use their own words, they will always fallow someone blindly. They are not guiding him, he's guiding them. The man behind the curtain was the problem, he controlled the emerald city with smoke, fire and fear.

by Anonymousreply 442October 20, 2023 9:12 PM

Weren't we having this EXACT SAME discussion about Tucker Carlson a few months ago?

by Anonymousreply 443October 20, 2023 9:17 PM

Wow, this is an unmitigated clusterfuck!

Thanks, Matt Gaetz!

No wonder McCarthy wants to punch him out.

by Anonymousreply 444October 20, 2023 9:55 PM

Emmer currently front of the pack.

If they have any sense, they will also unite behind the chosen candidate on the first vote.

But can odious self-promoters like Gaetz and co. repress their need for attention, and risk looking like they had to eat shit in this?

by Anonymousreply 445October 20, 2023 10:02 PM

[bold]Trump World Vows to Tank a Speaker Bid From House Majority Whip Tom Emmer [/bold]

[quote]Tom Emmer has a long track record of expressing various degrees of disgust for President Trump and his supporters...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446October 20, 2023 10:06 PM

Emmer is DOA. The renegade Republicans don’t want anyone from the current establishment.

by Anonymousreply 447October 20, 2023 10:08 PM

Emmer voted to certify the 2020 election. Of course Dumpworld hates him.

by Anonymousreply 448October 20, 2023 10:10 PM

[quote]Weren't we having this EXACT SAME discussion about Tucker Carlson a few months ago?

Yes, but Fox fired his ass. He's all washed up. It turns out it really was about the prime time slot and not him who was popular. Why not fire Hannity?

by Anonymousreply 449October 20, 2023 10:10 PM

I think Republicans missed their opportunity. They could have made the speakership contingent on Jordan wearing a suit coat. Any appearance at the Capitol without it immediately vacates the chair.

by Anonymousreply 450October 20, 2023 10:15 PM

[quote]Why not fire Hannity?

Any day now.

by Anonymousreply 451October 20, 2023 10:28 PM

R442 no-I think you are mistaken. Big your take were correct, Jordan would already be Speaker, and Gaetz would be parading around town right now about his great power play…. neither happened.

by Anonymousreply 452October 20, 2023 11:08 PM

It would be a shame if Large Marge got extra frustrated and brought her pipe bombs to the next GQP caucus meeting.

by Anonymousreply 453October 21, 2023 2:56 AM

Now that I know Emmer voted to certify, I want him to win.. We have to do something to counter the Trumpers. Fuck them with a hot poker right up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 454October 21, 2023 3:10 AM

Only 86 votes in a final secret ballot! That MAGA cunt Jordan is gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455October 21, 2023 3:16 AM

So is Gym considered a 'cuck' now?

by Anonymousreply 456October 21, 2023 3:19 AM

Gym J is too stupid to understand the simple fact that everyone who climbs aboard the Dump bus sooner or later gets run over by it.

by Anonymousreply 457October 21, 2023 10:44 AM

Could Emmer draw in some Dems to vote for him, giving them some concessions in return? Thereby installing a Trump-unfriendly Speaker and keeping the government open.

by Anonymousreply 458October 21, 2023 2:42 PM

That would be the best way out, R458. The concessions needed to earn the Dem support need not be egregious, i.e. changes in certain committee chairmanships (getting rid of Comer & Jordan), commitment to funding both Israel and Ukraine, keeping the government open, etc.

by Anonymousreply 459October 21, 2023 2:58 PM

As I understand it, there are at least 5 who wouldn't vote for Emmer.

by Anonymousreply 460October 21, 2023 3:08 PM

R458 That’s really stupid…I mean very stupid. You need to read up a bit more on Emmer

by Anonymousreply 461October 21, 2023 3:14 PM

Here’s a long, but not overly technical, analysis of where we are. If you have the time —you’ll learn more in this one piece than a hundred DL threads ;)

TLDR: what the majority may think it wants in a Speaker is not what is actually needed to lead the House. They can’t square the circle because the entire underlying rationale for what they are doing is faulty. And so on…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462October 21, 2023 3:17 PM

Well, r461, not stupid considering the moron that was just deposed (McCarthy) and the absolute mouth-breathing MAGAt who was just put forth by the Repubs. You know the MAGA-Trumpers will keep trying to put forth their own until they install one of them, which would be disastrous for the country. Why shouldn't the Dems work with moderate Repubs to consider the most palatable candidate, get some major concessions and swing over?

Maybe it's not Emmer, but there has to be a few moderate sane Repubs that could qualify.

by Anonymousreply 463October 21, 2023 3:20 PM

You’ll see a temporary grant of power to McHenry before you see any Democratic support for an idiot like Emmer—who’s already toast at this point fyi.

by Anonymousreply 464October 21, 2023 3:21 PM

Why shouldn’t they? Read the link above—you’ll learn why.

by Anonymousreply 465October 21, 2023 3:22 PM

I am reading that link, r462, 464, 465 etc. It's a long but informative read, thanks for posting will comment after reading.

by Anonymousreply 466October 21, 2023 3:30 PM

[quote]there has to be a few moderate sane Repubs

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Name one!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. One will do!

by Anonymousreply 467October 21, 2023 4:25 PM

Simmer down, R467!!!!

YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER!!!!!

*GAVEL DOWN*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468October 21, 2023 4:36 PM

Hah you can tell McHenry is really pissed, r468.

by Anonymousreply 469October 21, 2023 5:03 PM

Emmer voted against Trump on Jan. 6. The MAGAs won't support him, or any Republican who supports his bid for speaker.

by Anonymousreply 470October 21, 2023 5:25 PM

That little midget McHenry is not to be trusted. I think he is floating the idea of quitting so that they can sneak Gym in there as Speaker Pro Tem, then they'll give him more powers to shut down the government/install Trump.

by Anonymousreply 471October 21, 2023 6:16 PM

I know that the situation must be resolved but I have to admit that I'm enjoying the MAGA meltdown. It's so perfectly THEM and shows how awful and incompetent they are at this "governing" thing.

Highly satisfactory and so memorable from now until election day 2024.

by Anonymousreply 472October 21, 2023 8:47 PM

That's the plan, R471. Crazy as it seems to us. They're working on it right now.

by Anonymousreply 473October 21, 2023 10:19 PM

Has Elise congratulated McHenry yet? Then there's nothing to worry about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474October 21, 2023 10:28 PM

R473 you’re on drugs…Gym is out of business—back to his silly investigations at Judiciary. Do catch up: reading is fundamental.

by Anonymousreply 475October 21, 2023 10:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 21, 2023 10:39 PM

As I recall,there were 147 members of Congress, both houses, who refused to certify the 2020 election results. I could be wrong, but I think 142 of them were House members. WE have 124 people who nominated Jordan in the first place. In the secret ballot, how many of them voted for him? Because that's the margin we have to overcome to get s Speaker who's a Republican. Now if Jeffries were to run and get 5 Republicans to support him it would be over. Except, would those five be willing to cooperate with him on other issues? That's the problem long term. The fact is, either way, the Extremists' attempts to take over our government and disrupt everything is still going on and we have to depend on enough Republican members to do the right thing and that's scary.

by Anonymousreply 477October 21, 2023 11:04 PM

I don't want to hear the pizzagate-harping republican loons say ONE WORD about pedophilia after their shameful stunt backing Gym. Hypocrite freaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478October 21, 2023 11:24 PM

Haha SNL's cold open was none other than GYM Jordan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479October 22, 2023 1:26 PM

Rofl... with appearances by George Santos, Lauren Boebert and Trump..

by Anonymousreply 480October 22, 2023 1:33 PM

Nope—Trump is great. The rest were less than meh.

by Anonymousreply 481October 22, 2023 1:46 PM

Trump's people are purposely making us a laughingstock and shutting key sections of our government down to destroy us from wuthin. It's a continuation of the coup that started when Anusmouth realized Joe beat him. The coup never stopped, only transferred to a different battlefield.

While he has zero issues putting the rabble and foot soliders away, Garland is dragging his feet on prosecuting the congresspeople directly involved with the coup. And the bomber -- they have to know who the bomber is, they just don't want to arrest him/her/MTG.

These people aren't afraid they're going to get hauled off to jail, at least enough to stop criming. They are blatantly criming every day and rubbing it in the face of the legacy media, CIA,FBI, and DOJ. They're not afraid because they have faced zero repurcussions, from anyone

Now we have to worry about that asshole Byrons, and the next asshole, and the next (as the Republican clown show only works for four hours a week unless they are screwing over anyone aside from multimillionaires and billionaires) and our govt is supposed to shutdown because of their ineptitude next month? These people are huge piles of un-American shit.

by Anonymousreply 482October 22, 2023 2:27 PM

Nominations for next caucus vote close in an hour.

by Anonymousreply 483October 22, 2023 2:58 PM

R482 please take your medication, pronto. Then, learn how to write.

by Anonymousreply 484October 22, 2023 3:21 PM

R484, I’m not r482, but I didn’t see any problem with what they wrote.

by Anonymousreply 485October 22, 2023 3:52 PM

Typos, run on sentences and random Garland references. Shall we continue?

by Anonymousreply 486October 22, 2023 3:55 PM

R482 has been a Dissension Troll here for several years. "Anusmouth" is his giveaway, as is his repeated attacks on Garland.

He wants "Dems" to feel hopeless and already defeated. "A laughingstock."

He will ramp up his attacks on Democrats (while pretending to be one) as the elections looms ever closer.

by Anonymousreply 487October 22, 2023 3:58 PM

Of course they weren’t perfect, but it’s obvious what they wrote. There weren’t huge issues. As far as DL posts, it was par for the course. I don’t agree with the stuff about Garland though.

by Anonymousreply 488October 22, 2023 3:58 PM

[quote][R484], I’m not [R482], but I didn’t see any problem with what they wrote.

You don't know its pronouns!

by Anonymousreply 489October 22, 2023 5:02 PM

It’s obvious the poster was babbling on without making a cogent point. You can join him/her/they over in the corner, on the sofa.

by Anonymousreply 490October 22, 2023 5:13 PM

Its not a requirement to think that Garland is perfect to be a Democrat, I can express my wish that he was working faster than he has been. They ought to have the bomber's face and name plastered all over the media by now with an arrest, it's not like they are dealing with the uni-bomber. It's been awesome to see the recent movements towards potential justice for a few of the higher level cretins, recently. I won't apologize for wanting more and faster, though. Why would I?

If a person isn't concerned about traitors being third in line to the presidency or holding up key military promotions or blocking funding to Ukraine and Israel or shutting down the government, then that's ok. I would like to not worry about that, too. I admire their zen!

And he does have an anus-shaped mouth. A disgusting, butthole shaped mouth. However, it fits his personality so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 491October 22, 2023 5:41 PM

You are writing about the man who was the line prosecutor of the Oklahoma City bomber.

Your are not very smart.

by Anonymousreply 492October 22, 2023 5:43 PM

Closet dumper at r 490.

by Anonymousreply 493October 22, 2023 5:45 PM

Garland’s responsibility is not to you personally, nor to any Democrat—even Joe Biden. His oath is to the U.S. Constitution (and the federal laws and rules promulgated thereby). Nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 494October 22, 2023 5:47 PM

Gym Jordan is always such a fucking asshole, it's wonderful to see him humiliated and defeated over and over again.

Having Gym's sordid past as a coach who looked the other way when his wrestlers were being sexually harassed and abused at Ohio State coming up again is a bonus.

by Anonymousreply 495October 22, 2023 7:18 PM

It is curious that they haven't caught the person who planted those bombs. I still maintain that it's Cavewoman Marge, the person in those security videos had a similar gait.

And we all know she's nuts enough to try something like that.

by Anonymousreply 496October 22, 2023 8:32 PM

I doubt that it was Marjorie Traitor Green herself. It's more likely to be one of the Oathfakers/Proud Toddlers or the usual Nazis/white supremacists/anti-choice fanatics.

I forget the name of the guy who used to be a big clinic bomber. He doesn't have the right build for the Jan Sixth would-be-bomber. I saw him once years ago in DC at a huge pro-choice march. He showed up and I ended up standing near him. He was seriously creepy - very bad vibes all around him.

by Anonymousreply 497October 22, 2023 8:49 PM

Dissension Troll at r496 has dialed it back a lot after being called out.

He will ramp up the attacks on "Dems" very soon.

by Anonymousreply 498October 22, 2023 8:59 PM

They do, however, know who gave the tours in the two days before, even though it was prohibited. Why don't we know who it was?

by Anonymousreply 499October 22, 2023 9:20 PM

"Cut it out, Americans by more than 2-1 tell the House: Elect a speaker, already

The soap opera that has consumed members of Congress for nearly three weeks over electing a new speaker is testing the patience of the voters who sent them to Washington, a new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds.

An overwhelming 67% say the House should elect a speaker as soon as possible, as decisions loom on wartime aid for Israel and Ukraine and legislation to prevent a government shutdown next month..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500October 22, 2023 10:13 PM

[quote]Emmer voted against Trump on Jan. 6. The MAGAs won't support him, or any Republican who supports his bid for speaker.

Democrats could make a decision to support him and get him elected. He's one of the more sane, non-Q, non-MAGA R's.

by Anonymousreply 501October 22, 2023 10:47 PM

R501 is a Trump troll.

The.ONLY.thing Emmer did was vote to certify the electoral vote… in every other way he is as bad or worse than Jordan. Try doing some basic research —Google Emmer + Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 502October 22, 2023 10:54 PM

I'm not the Dissention Troll R498. Please dial it back.

by Anonymousreply 503October 22, 2023 11:46 PM

[quote] Cavewoman Marge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504October 23, 2023 12:06 AM

[quote] Cavewoman Marge

She's actually a Howler Monkey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505October 23, 2023 5:35 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506October 23, 2023 4:07 PM

Most rethug voters are too stupid to put two and two together and realize THEY KEEP ELECTING THESE ASSHOLES in the first place

by Anonymousreply 507October 23, 2023 5:50 PM

I read or heard that they know who planted the bomb but have kept it quiet because it would interfere with one of the cases against Trump. She will eventually be charged

by Anonymousreply 508October 23, 2023 6:39 PM

Wow r508, that is actually bombshell news (pun intended). Curious to know where you read this? Not doubting you did, but I’m interested in following journalists and/or sites that might have better inside information as to the indictments etc.

by Anonymousreply 509October 23, 2023 6:55 PM

The GQP voters may be sick of the clown show, but they'll just double down on the next fool who comes down the pike screaming about government being the problem, Biden/Pelosi/Democrats, inflation, border invasions, etc.

They have no self-awareness and will never get that THEY are the problem here. Isn't the definition of insanity something like doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result? I still say it's too bad that more GQP voters didn't die of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 510October 23, 2023 6:55 PM

R508 is a strollin’ troll R509

by Anonymousreply 511October 23, 2023 7:12 PM

Gym must be seen as erotic for an abundant number of his GQP colleges; but not quite enough of them. They adore his jacketless attire, his aggressive, fast-talking spewing of bullshit and lies, his conspiratorial behavior, and his rather petite physical dimensions as an 59 y.o. and quick aging white male.

If Gym's gotten Ladybugs G's attention, and followed-up with alleged dalliances, he will rebound as a MAGAt icon. He doesn't have to sponsor any bills for passage. He's the chief flame-thrower.

by Anonymousreply 512October 23, 2023 7:34 PM

Jordan's done, the clown show continues. Who's next?

by Anonymousreply 513October 23, 2023 7:51 PM

Jim Jones.

by Anonymousreply 514October 23, 2023 7:56 PM

Tom Emmer is on deck.

by Anonymousreply 515October 23, 2023 8:00 PM

Why don't they just commit ritual suicide and name Fucker Carlson as Speaker? He's not busy.

by Anonymousreply 516October 23, 2023 8:04 PM

If he is hated by the Freedumb Caucus, might some Dems vote Present to end this?

by Anonymousreply 517October 23, 2023 8:04 PM

No, no Democrats are going to vote Present to hand the Rethuglicans a way out of the disaster they have created. The Rethuglicans aren't nominating any moderates that Democrats could vote for (I'm not sure they have any left), just Trumpy thugs and bomb-throwers. Fuck 'em.

Remember children, "Never Interfere With an Enemy While He's in the Process of Destroying Himself" Napoleon knew a thing or two about enemies.

by Anonymousreply 518October 23, 2023 8:21 PM

[quote] No, no Democrats are going to vote Present to hand the Rethuglicans a way out of the disaster they have created.

Because partisan games are far more important to those Democrats than the country. Thanks for confirming that.

by Anonymousreply 519October 23, 2023 8:51 PM

You're a bitter, lying sack and sad little Trumpist cunt, R519. Other than that, have a great day!

You bet your ass that I'll let the Rethuglicans destroy themselves. After what they've put this country through? The sooner we let them kill each other the better off this country will be.

by Anonymousreply 520October 23, 2023 9:05 PM

Everyone in the House, both Democrats and Republicans, need to put the country first and stop doing only what’s best for their party.

by Anonymousreply 521October 23, 2023 9:24 PM

R521, name me a time when a Dem or the Dems shut down the government.

by Anonymousreply 522October 23, 2023 9:29 PM

That's not how this works, R521. Democrats would be putting the country last if they support extremist, fascist Trumpers for Speaker of the House.

Thus far, the Representative with the most votes every fucking time is Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries. If the Rethuglicans put country first, a few of them would cross over and vote for a nominee who can not only win but actually run the House of Representatives. No Rethuglican is capable of doing that.

No self-respecting Democrat is voting for Steve "David Duke without the baggage" Scalise or Gym "Look the other way" Jordan - both are fucking certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 523October 23, 2023 9:32 PM

So I was re-reading some of the stuff about the Ohio State wrestlers and one of them testified that when he told Gym about the groping/molestation, Gym's response was something like "well if he would've tried that with me, I would've kicked his ass." Sure, Gym. We all know you're a little bitch that would've bent over and presented hole.

I'm so sick of this toxic masculinity/tough talker bullshit from assholes like Jordan. Just like his orange god Dump, when it comes time to put up or shut up he folds like a cheap suit. And then whines about it to the media.

by Anonymousreply 524October 23, 2023 9:47 PM

"Former President Donald Trump’s allies are circulating a 216-page opposition-research book to damage GOP Rep. Tom Emmer in his bid to become the next speaker of the rudderless House of Representatives.

The dossier – which covers everything from an old DUI arrest and his views on normalizing relations with Cuba to his vote supporting gay marriage – is part of a multi-pronged effort to stop Emmer from becoming speaker by Republican allies of Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525October 23, 2023 11:25 PM

Re: R524: thanks for posting. I needed the laugh at thinking about tiny Gym kicking any man's ass. Licking ass? He does that to Trump all the time. But kicking it? Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 526October 23, 2023 11:29 PM

R517 R519 R521 Three little…idiot pigs. —Añlin a row.

by Anonymousreply 527October 23, 2023 11:37 PM

[quote]Everyone in the House, both Democrats and Republicans, need to put the country first and stop doing only what’s best for their party.

When has any House Republican ever put the country above party??

by Anonymousreply 528October 23, 2023 11:42 PM

The Dems most certainly put country above party when they voted to extend the budget, and then Kevin McCarthy threw them under the bus. In fact when have Repukes EVER done anything like the Dems did?

by Anonymousreply 529October 23, 2023 11:47 PM

God—such a shitshow attempt at satire…^

by Anonymousreply 530October 23, 2023 11:54 PM

Does anyone wonder if Kevin McCarthy has bad recurring dreams lately (and ongoing for the rest of his life)? I'm sure he has plenty of sociopathic tendencies, but to compartmentalize so thoroughly and well is unusual under extreme duress. He's not that bright or durable.

He. Is. A. Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 531October 24, 2023 12:13 AM

[quote] Trump World Floats Dossier Trashing House Speaker Candidate Emmer

Hahahahahaha. No but seriously, ha-fucking-ha. Burn 'em all down to the ground, go on my little House fascists!

We don't need altruism and love of country right now. We need some vicious evil doers. It only takes FIVE Rethuglican votes to make Hakeem Jeffries Speaker of the House. There have to be five bitter cunts in the Rethuglican caucus. They hate each other much more than they actually hate Democrats. They could do it just to spite their Rethuglican enemies.

They could think outside the House and bring in retired Sen. Ben Sasse or some other retiree who isn't batshit fucking crazy. Unfortunately, with Rethuglicans the batshit crazy is a feature, not a bug so it's probably a non starter.

by Anonymousreply 532October 24, 2023 12:42 AM

Yeah, and if those 5 did vote for Jeffries, the crazies would be out there with torches and pitchforks, (those that aren't in jail) to slaughter them. They are all homicidal batshit loonies.

by Anonymousreply 533October 24, 2023 1:37 AM

%33 it is not without risk to be sure. But Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are still alive and they were publicly anti Trump.

by Anonymousreply 534October 24, 2023 2:48 AM

Five of them ought to declare themselves Independent. Vote Jeffries in as speaker. They would hold enormous power as they would be the tie breaking votes for either party. They could run their next campaigns on how they "declared independence" from "the swamp" and now work for "the people" instead of "the uniparty".

Those five reps would be overnight stars and, potentially, save millions of lives.

by Anonymousreply 535October 24, 2023 2:49 AM

And get elected dog catcher?

by Anonymousreply 536October 24, 2023 2:56 AM

Dan Meuser drops out. Eight more to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537October 24, 2023 10:15 AM

[quote]it is not without risk to be sure. But Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are still alive and they were publicly anti Trump.

Cheney and Kinzinger were willing to risk their seats. Nobody else is.

by Anonymousreply 538October 24, 2023 10:48 AM

Jordan is getting desperate, promising "wrestlers in every office".

by Anonymousreply 539October 24, 2023 11:11 AM

[quote] They could think outside the House and bring in retired Sen. Ben Sasse

Excuse me, I'm busy wrecking higher education in Florida!

by Anonymousreply 540October 24, 2023 11:24 AM

Uh oh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541October 24, 2023 11:28 AM

????

by Anonymousreply 542October 24, 2023 11:47 AM

How can any polling that includes the "No Labels" candidate be useful when there is no "No Labels" candidate except in the abstract?

by Anonymousreply 543October 24, 2023 12:37 PM

r508 sorry, can't remember because it has been a while.

by Anonymousreply 544October 24, 2023 12:48 PM

[bold]Here’s how the internal GOP Speaker nomination will work[/bold]

House Republicans are set to meet Tuesday morning as they aim to select a Speaker nominee — but eight declared candidates are still in the running, which means the decision-making process could take a while.

The conference gathers at 9 a.m. for its closed-door internal election.

House GOP conference rules dictate that all contested elections are decided by a secret ballot, and that no proxy voting is allowed.

A candidate must win a majority of all votes cast in the internal election — and if no member receives a majority, the lowest vote-getter is dropped from consideration.

“This procedure repeats until a member receives a majority of all votes cast,” reads an October 2023 leadership candidate election guide shared with The Hill. That means if the Speaker election goes multiple rounds without a clear leader, it could take hours for the conference to reach a majority winner...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545October 24, 2023 1:13 PM

"Hours", huh? Wow, those pigs will have to take the rest of the week off to rest if they are forced to work a few "hours" today.

I hope they have smelling salts and bandages at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 546October 24, 2023 1:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547October 24, 2023 1:54 PM

[quote] Jordan is getting desperate, promising "wrestlers in every office".

Jordan is getting desperate, promising "wrestlers in every orifice."

There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 548October 24, 2023 2:10 PM

[bold]Gary Palmer has dropped out of the House GOP speaker's contest, leaving a field of seven contenders.[/bold]

"I will work with the next speaker on the ideas I have laid out so that Congress can come together and do the job the American people sent us here to do," he wrote in a statement announcing his withdrawal.

Palmer arrived in Congress in 2015 and chairs the Republican Policy Committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549October 24, 2023 2:22 PM

Rep. Tom Emmer (R-MN) got 78 votes in the first secret ballot of House Republicans for speaker, not enough for a majority of the conference.

Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) was eliminated and a second ballot is underway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550October 24, 2023 2:39 PM

So basically, no one Republican has the confidence of a majority of their peers.

Well that's certainly inspiring.

Let them remain in chaos until November, 2024.

Then Democrats can use this as a campaign weapon and take back the House of Representatives.

Fuck Republicans. They're absolutely useless.

by Anonymousreply 551October 24, 2023 2:44 PM

[quote]In the first ballot, five people voted for people not running and there was one present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552October 24, 2023 2:54 PM

I don't support this.

And, if they do they better make it hurt first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553October 24, 2023 3:27 PM

[quote] Fuck Republicans. They're absolutely useless.

They really are. I hope 2024 we can clean house and move on from this MAGA bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 554October 24, 2023 3:29 PM

After three secret ballots, Rep. Tom Emmer (R-MN) got 100 votes to be the next Republican nominee for speaker but still short of the majority needed.

More ominously for Republicans, there are still six lawmakers voting for someone else who is not running or just voting present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555October 24, 2023 3:32 PM

I have a feeling Emmer will win. Hopefully all of the opponents have run out of gas. Not that I’m happy with Emmer, but who can Repukes pick that isn’t totally offensive? No one. Might as well be Emmer.

by Anonymousreply 556October 24, 2023 3:43 PM

The problem, R556, is that Emmer isn't hateful enough.

If his ballot count is stuck in the 100s then Democrats will have to do the heavy lifting. And that serves no purpose. I'd rather they go to the floor where Jeffries gets the top count (again) and at least attempt to to shame them to come over. No good deed goes unpunished so even if Democrats do what is best for the country the media imbalance will report it as weakness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557October 24, 2023 4:01 PM

Dems need to fight dirty. If there’s no Speaker and it comes to a government shutdown, the Republicans will eventually cave in to Dem demands.

by Anonymousreply 558October 24, 2023 4:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559October 24, 2023 4:05 PM

If enough Dems vote present they can elect whichever Repub has the most votes. But that’s a last resort and will,probably backfire on the Repub that wins that way.

by Anonymousreply 560October 24, 2023 4:07 PM

Tom Emmer just won the behind closed doors ballot. But now he has to get 217 on the House floor. Will the MAGAts vote for him? Stay tuned....

by Anonymousreply 561October 24, 2023 4:20 PM

[quote]Will the MAGAts vote for him?

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 562October 24, 2023 4:23 PM

They’ll vote for him. I think our long, national nightmare of speaker-gate is done for now.

by Anonymousreply 563October 24, 2023 4:24 PM

So who exactly is this Emmer, if he is going to be the next Speaker?

We should know our enemy, and I don't know much about him at all.

by Anonymousreply 564October 24, 2023 4:28 PM

Key point, R564: Emmer is the only one of these clowns who voted to certify then, but he has kissed the ring since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565October 24, 2023 4:31 PM

House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-MN) won the Republican nomination for speaker.

Emmer won on the fifth ballot, beating Rep. Mike Johnson (R-LA), 117 to 97.

Emmer now has to piece together a coalition to win 217 votes on the House floor. However, five Republicans voted for another candidate in the last round and one voted present.

by Anonymousreply 566October 24, 2023 4:49 PM

Leaking out that Dems will help Emmer could be the kiss of Death for him getting to be Speaker. I don't care if they do it, I just don't want it to come out in case the Trumpers try to sabotage everything.

by Anonymousreply 567October 24, 2023 4:49 PM

[quote] Leaking out that Dems will help Emmer could be the kiss of Death for him getting to be Speaker.

If Democrats just abstain, no minority faction among the Republicans could stop him from winning, since he would have a majority of the votes cast.

by Anonymousreply 568October 24, 2023 5:01 PM

If [bold] Republicans [/bold] just abstain, no minority faction among the Republicans could stop [bold] Jeffries [/bold] from winning, since he would have a majority of the votes cast.

by Anonymousreply 569October 24, 2023 5:19 PM

[quote]IT'S OFFICIAL -- Roll-call vote is over. 26 House Republicans said they would vote for someone else besides Tom Emmer for speaker on the floor. A gigantic pool of nos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570October 24, 2023 5:26 PM

[quote]A gigantic pool of nos.

The PERFECT description of the 21st century republican't party.

by Anonymousreply 571October 24, 2023 5:28 PM

The clowns have spoken, 'Murika! We ain't gonna have no gubmint!

by Anonymousreply 572October 24, 2023 5:30 PM

Seriously, just pick a fucking person! They all suck, but at least we’ll have a shot at saving the government from a shutdown before Xmas! What the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 573October 24, 2023 6:27 PM

The shutdown IS the point, r573.

They’re fucking this up like they do everything else so they can “privatize” it. Show that it doesn’t work so only ONE “strongman” should be I charge and his (straight, white xtian lard ass) word is law.

This is who they are.

The thugs cannot govern. They never could.

by Anonymousreply 574October 24, 2023 6:33 PM

Didn't kiss the ring hard enough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575October 24, 2023 6:50 PM

He is the least bad option. The Dems should maneuver for him to get through because everything else is much worse.

by Anonymousreply 576October 24, 2023 6:54 PM

i agree

by Anonymousreply 577October 24, 2023 6:57 PM

Not sure Dems can do that r576. Republicans have this stupid mentality now that they must only win if they get pretty much unanimous Republican support. If Emmer tried to win with Democratic support and a handful of Republicans, how long would that really last? How much power would he actually have, day to day? That is the calculation he has to make right.

Honestly, the only way to govern is for a bunch of Republicans to leave their stupid cult of a party and either become Democrats or switch to some odd "Congressional third party" and then try to govern as conservative Democrats. Otherwise it's just clowns and cunts and assholes and grifters and thieves for the rest of this congressional term.

by Anonymousreply 578October 24, 2023 7:01 PM

The chaos -- like their cunting and cruelty -- is purposeful.

Don't let them wear you down. If you live in a state that houses one of these degenerates, call and leave themselves message. No threats, don't stoop to trashcunt levels. Just let them know we need the govt back to work. We need to help our allies, to send aid to Ukraine and Israel. No shutdowns! Work together with the Democrats, because they work America not Trump.

by Anonymousreply 579October 24, 2023 7:30 PM

From a GOP aide:

[quote] “I wouldn’t be shocked if this ended in an actual fistfight between Banks and Emmer. Put my money on the hockey dad.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580October 24, 2023 7:33 PM

Trump just trashed Emmer on TruthSocial, even after Emmer went and groveled to him. Here come the MAGAT death threats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581October 24, 2023 7:40 PM

[quote] He never respected the Power of a Trump Endorsement

Hmmm. How did that endorsement work out for Gym Jordan? Or Herschel Walker? Or Dr. Oz? Or Scary Lake? Or dozens of other MAGAts? He’s a delusional nutjob.

I agree. Emmer is the best of a bad lot. Get him in and get back to business. Fund the government at agreed-upon levels, get aid to Ukraine and Israel, and stop all the nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 582October 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Trump, why don't you just fucking tell us who you appoint as Speaker? This is fucking bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 583October 24, 2023 7:48 PM

That’s weird that Power of a Trump Endorsement is capitalized. It’s kind of like Power of Veto on Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 584October 24, 2023 8:01 PM

Fuckface von Clownstick already endorsed Gym Jordan. It was truly a stunning demonstration of the "power of a Dump endorsement" and the "depth and breadth" of MAGATs.

Let Emmer flail around for a while and then lose. Let them look like the useless fucking fools they are. Why should we bail out those homicidal and homocidal freaks? Let them rot in their own filth. Spare me "care about the country and capitulate" bullshit.

Care about the country and let the GOP destroy themselves. It's "tough love" but it's really for the best.

by Anonymousreply 585October 24, 2023 8:07 PM

Woops. Emmer has dropped out according to NBC.

NEXT.

by Anonymousreply 586October 24, 2023 8:42 PM

And Tom Emmer just dropped out!!! Back at square one AGAIN. The clusterfuck continues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587October 24, 2023 8:42 PM

Republicans would fuck up a one car funeral. Yet we've been told for decades by the media that these are the fiscally conservative, business minded types that should run the country.

by Anonymousreply 588October 24, 2023 8:48 PM

The Elise Stefanik curse strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 589October 24, 2023 9:06 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It didn't even take one batch of popcorn. Hardly seems worth it, Farewell Rep. Something Emmer, we hardly knew ye nor did we care to do so.

Please tell me more about this Stefanik Curse, R589, it sounds as if it's something delightful!

by Anonymousreply 590October 24, 2023 9:07 PM

The anti-Emmer sentiment among the group of uncooperative Republican Congressman makes sense to them. It would be like if the Democrats somehow chose as their nominee someone who was anti-abortion and anti-trans. There would a lot of Democrats who would balk at voting for that person even though that was the party’s selection. It looks like what they want more than anything is someone fervently committed to slashing spending. They don’t see Emmer as being that.

by Anonymousreply 591October 24, 2023 9:13 PM

Elsie is a fat cow.

by Anonymousreply 592October 24, 2023 9:16 PM

R590 - She's batting 1000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593October 24, 2023 9:37 PM

[bold]GOP could return to plan to empower McHenry[/bold]

It’s unclear what Republicans will do now that Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-Minn.) has withdrawn from the speaker’s race. Does the conference vote for Vice Chair Mike Johnson (R-La.), Rep. Kevin Hern (R-Okla.) or Rep. Byron Donalds (R-Fla.)? Does the conference start all over again?

One motion regaining traction: Rep. Dave Joyce’s (R-Ohio) resolution empowering Speaker Pro Tempore Patrick T. McHenry (R-N.C.) until Jan. 3, 2024. Republicans rebuked it last week, and Joyce did not introduce it formally because more Democrats than Republicans would have voted in support of it on the House floor.

But now that more Republicans have privately shown willingness to back the effort because of repeated failed attempts to elect a speaker themselves, two sources familiar with the motion say that it has enough support from both parties to pass on the House floor. Like everything else, it remains unclear when that could be introduced, but it would be done so under privilege, meaning it gives the House 48 hours to take it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594October 24, 2023 9:41 PM

Aaron Rupar @atrupar 5h I won’t believe Emmer is truly doomed until Elise Stefanik posts a tweet endorsing him

She did. The rest is for the historical record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595October 24, 2023 9:44 PM

Thank you for the clarification of the Stefanik Curse, it totally makes sense.

Elsie "killer cow" Stefanik - like her guru, everything Stefanik touches dies.

by Anonymousreply 596October 24, 2023 10:04 PM

Nearly 600 and still no speaker. This could go on a while.

by Anonymousreply 597October 24, 2023 10:21 PM

[quote] It looks like what they want more than anything is someone fervently committed to slashing spending.

Meaning "someone fervently committed to Trump's bullshit and to Putin."

by Anonymousreply 598October 24, 2023 10:31 PM

[quote]It looks like what they want more than anything is someone fervently committed to slashing spending.

Emmer's failure had nothing to do with spending. It was because 1) Trump opposed him and 2) he voted for gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 599October 24, 2023 10:38 PM

"Slashing spending" is that what you call it?

Usually it's known as destroying/privatizing Medicare, Social Security and Education. They'll get rid of everything else later on.

by Anonymousreply 600October 24, 2023 10:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!