Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amazon locker problems

I usually get my Amazon packages delivered to a certain locker but found a closer location at a Ross, so had my latest orders delivered there. Unfortunately I didn't know Amazon has two different kinds of lockers. The kind I'm used to which has a screen, and a no-screen version. The no-screen version requires you have the latest update of the Amazon shopping app on your smart phone. But my smart phone it too old to update to version 15. I'm maxed out at version 12 something. I contacted customer service and chatted with a rep who told me they can't cancel or redirect either package because they're too far along.

So now I have to wait until the 3 days after delivery go by so the Amazon delivery person will take them back to the processing center and get started on my refund. I have to reorder everything. What a pain in the ass. Why would Amazon create lockers without screens that require a newish smart phone? They're discriminating against lower income people like myself. And besides that it's just illogical. This is an economic efficiency loss. A big waste of time for them and me.

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2023 2:55 AM

Most people have newish smart phones.

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2023 12:48 AM

A wrenching tale. You are in my prayers.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2023 12:54 AM

Rich People Problems!!

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2023 12:58 AM

It's tragic what this world has come to!

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2023 1:06 AM

It’s time to get a new phone. The same thing happened to me. I suddenly couldn’t get on Grindr. I had to replace my 5c with a 7 I bought on eBay.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2023 1:20 AM

Can't you just print out the QR code or whatever you're supposed to scan on your phone.

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2023 1:36 AM

Why don't you just have them deliver your stuff to your house?

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2023 1:37 AM

You can buy a new phone right on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2023 1:38 AM

Modern life depresses me.

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2023 1:40 AM

R6 Because the no-screen lockers require you have the latest Amazon shopping app and then follow the instructions in the e-mail. I guess the locker screens are expensive and/or take up valuable locker room so they're eliminating them on the new ones. The only screen you will look at will be on your smart phone.

R7 Because I live in a rural area with a slow post office. I get things quicker by just having Amazon's delivery service ship it to the locker and bypassing USPS all together.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2023 1:57 AM

I re-ordered everything. Having it sent to the locker I usually use. One that has a SCREEN. The delivery e-mail will have a number code. Real easy, real simple. As it should be.

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2023 2:37 AM

I can't believe Amazon wouldn't just mail you out another dildo until they got the first one back.

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2023 2:44 AM

OP, I feel you; this no-screen Amazon locker shit sucker-punched me in the gut last summer, and I almost had a full-on conniption fit in the retail store where the godforsaken fucking locker was located.

Took me 15 minutes to install the GODDAMNED APP, all the while I'm dry-screaming obscenities to the point where store security is giving me the side eye and the cashier looks as if she's about to push me over a cliff. Finally, my locker door pops open, but by that time I can't even remember what I bought. WTF did I buy? Oh yeah, dietetic candy corn.

Fucking Amazon!

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2023 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!