Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fix the search mechanism, please.

This website has become difficult to navigate and enjoy due to the damned broken search engine.

Thank you in advance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2023 2:06 PM

WE love things just the way they are, twat.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2023 1:47 PM

OP, with the massive amount of dead and deleted threads, I have a feeling this is as good as it’s going to get. So many classic DL threads are gone to history— it’s so sad

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2023 1:50 PM

How about just going to Google, putting in the topic you're seaching for with a "comma Datalounge"?

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2023 1:51 PM

Good is an interesting word choice, R2.

Staying on this site is like being a beaten wife who hasn't found the courage to leave.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2023 1:52 PM

OP, rest assured no one is searching for YOUR stupid threads.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2023 1:53 PM

OP, we've been complaining about it for weeks, but you wouldn't know because you can't search!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2023 1:55 PM

Also, one of the things that makes searching complicated is that there is no uniform thread naming protocol. And I would hate to be the person who tells Dataloungers how to title their threads.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2023 2:17 PM

r7 this is a good example of a bitch who doesn't know how to name a thread. How is anyone supposed to find this topic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2023 2:41 PM

R3 I tried using Google to search for Datalounge threads. And I know how to date limit such searches. But it doesn't often turn up the newest threads. Sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2023 2:57 PM

It's still broked.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2023 7:53 AM

Do what R3 says.

It's not just DL. I've worked for content sites for years. Every site that has tried to create its own bespoke search tool has failed miserably. Just plug in Google Site Search and be done with it. You can't outdo Google for search. Except maybe the New York Times; they've had the resources to work on it. (And their site search is still dodgy.)

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2023 8:09 AM

Google discontinued Google Site Search in April 2017

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2023 8:21 AM

Yes, you're right, R12, it's absolutely impossible to plug Google into your site now for site-specific search. That completely went away in April 2017.

Plug in GOOGLE PROGRAMMABLE SEARCH ENGINE, formerly Google Custom Search, formerly Google Site Search. Which regardless of its name can still search a site or group of sites.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2023 8:41 AM

Susan Collins is deeply concerned.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2023 9:54 AM

I have no problem with the search and I am fond of things that are slightly broken. (Hand-me-down stuff, people, my soul ...)

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2023 11:04 AM

[quote]Susan Collins is deeply concerned.

Well that makes one of us.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2023 1:28 PM

I honestly want to beat the shot out of R4.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2023 1:58 PM

Why, R17?

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2023 2:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!