Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CAA: Julia Ormond wanted $15 MM hush money

Don’t fuck with the Russian Mafia = Don’t fuck with the Creative Artists Agency

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2023 10:45 PM

My God, the typos in that Deadline story.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2023 2:14 AM

Also, Mike Ovitz was president of Disney in 1995, when this is alleged to have taken place.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2023 2:16 AM

I wonder how many other actresses have similar stories

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2023 2:32 AM

Not to sound like Rose Nylund but - is she trying to say that Weinstein went after her and when she wouldn’t play ball her career fizzled? So that would make sense for all of the people saying why didn’t Julia Ormond have a bigger career?

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2023 3:01 AM

This is HUGE. It all needs to come out. Big feature length investigative piece. Maybe 4 parts. Book length. Serious shit. CAA is dirty. Real dirty.

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2023 3:46 AM

Quite tacky move by Ormond trying to shake down CAA in secret. Just make the charge and go through the process, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2023 3:56 AM

Not every little girl can be a ballerina, mama.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2023 3:59 AM

She gives off Trump vibes who wanted 5 Billion to not run.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2023 4:13 AM

Trump hit up whom for 5 billion?

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2023 4:17 AM

Given all the ugliness we know about Weinstein and the sex pest crimes he's already been convicted of, I'm inclined to believe her. I also find it entirely plausible that agents and agencies back then breached their fiduciary duties to their clients all the time and turned a blind eye to sexual harassment + assault situations. In this example, Julia Ormond was CAA's client who paid for their services to represent her. But in 1995 Hollywood, Harvey Weinstein and Miramax were far more powerful and lucrative connections to CAA than one actress client like Ormond.

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2023 4:19 AM

Good luck getting any money out of Disney.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2023 4:22 AM

He's a creep, but she never had the Leading Lady goods they were trying desperately to push circa 1995/6.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2023 4:26 AM

r9 He should have taken the money

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2023 4:49 AM

Thank you. I hadn't heard that. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2023 4:50 AM

I thought she was a captivating actress and always wondered why she didn't do more. Now I know.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2023 5:45 AM

Being remembered as the Quebecoise who fucked Roger Sterling isn't a bad legacy IMO.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2023 5:47 AM

R2 the first thing I thought after I read that article. Ovitz’s shitty sleazy legacy of greed lives on. The fucking DEAL became bigger news than the work. Fucking Reagan and his era of greed.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2023 6:05 AM

[quote] I thought she was a captivating actress

Was she, really?

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2023 7:09 AM

Remember All the actresses praising weinstein ? It was Long know they had to "play with his balls" to get cast. And None of them said one word.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2023 12:43 PM

She was just ok as an actor. She actually reminded me of Natasha Richardson in how she felt as an actor. Meaning she was technically good, but also emotionally bland.

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2023 2:59 PM

Who can I get to sexually assault me for $15M?

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2023 6:09 PM

Indie films don't pay much...

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2023 6:16 PM

I confused her with Juliette Binoche.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2023 7:57 PM

I always liked Ormond.

The "Sabrina" remake was a mistake, but you can't blame her for that.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2023 8:19 PM

... and Emily Watson, #23.

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2023 10:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!