Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julia Ormond files lawsuit against Weinstein

For the poster who started two threads in two years asking why Ormond's career went down the shitter? It was likely retaliation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2023 8:58 PM

GASP!

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2023 7:11 PM

When you think there were no more and we were done with him....

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2023 7:12 PM

Can't tell her and Julianna Margulies apart, to be honest. Neither is a good actress, so their current WHET-level status seems about right to me.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2023 7:13 PM

I loved her in Smilla's Sense Of Snow and on Mad Men

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2023 7:15 PM

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2023 7:17 PM

He was relentless. In future decades, Weinstein revelations will probably be hallmarks of Hollywood memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2023 7:19 PM

She was radiant in the remake of "Sabrina."

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2023 7:22 PM

Can you imagine being forced to give oral sex to Weinstein and when you alert your representatives, handlers and employers about it, they collude with him? I like that she's suing the enablers as well. Really impressed with her for this.

And after the full court press she was given in the mid-'90s with Sabrina and Legends of the Fall and then her agency left audiences with the assumption that she was a flop, etc. rather than confront Weinstein. Just terrible. It's such a hard industry to being with and then to have your career completely halted by something like that....it must be maddening.

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2023 7:34 PM

Good for her. CAA is a cesspool and it's about time agents are getting some eyeballing for their part in supplying Weinstein with victims. As a commenter on Deadline said "CAA definitively was fully aware and can guarantee Jon Ringquist was in the room when this one want down to protect Lourd"

(CAA lied and said Ringquist was a lawyer so he could have access in a suit against AMC.)

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2023 7:34 PM

So was J Law Harv's last creation/push before his downfall?

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2023 7:35 PM

Suing Harvey and the agents and all is fine.

However, her long-term affair with the very married Harrison Ford (it started during Sabrina) will come out and I'm not sure anyone will thank her for that. It's not like she wasn't aware that he was married.

One day, towards the end of the affair, they had a huge screaming fight in public in NYC. He kept her in an apartment not far from his family apartment and she threatened to go tell his wife everything. He headed her off halfway to his place and they went at it hammer and tongs on the sidewalk. Photos were taken, witnesses were obviously present.

Then she was with Gabriel Byrne for a few years, he refused to marry her. They also used to have huge fights. Hotel security was called more than once.

I'm not saying that she's wrong for suing Harvey and the agents. I'm saying she has some exposure here herself and she will probably expose her former partners and their battles. She's not suing nobodies.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2023 7:52 PM

How are her personal relationships related to her civil suit, R11?

You seem to have a very dated view of things. Harrison Ford is grown man, he can take responsibility for his own actions.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2023 7:57 PM

She was catatonic in Sabrina. Charmless. Dull. But she was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2023 8:17 PM

I'm realistic about how they're going to go after Ormond in court, R12. She has a past, they'll use it.

Ford's responsible for his own actions, Ormond is responsible for hers. It's not as if CAA is going to just lay down and do nothing. This is Hollywood, they're major players. They will go after her and there's plenty for them to find and use against her.

Nuts and Sluts - those are always the defense against women bringing suit or alleging any wrongdoing. Haven't you ever noticed that?

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2023 8:21 PM

Her agent Bryan Lourd is also a scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2023 8:42 PM

R15 That's the queen who knocked up Carrie Fisher, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2023 8:44 PM

"Knocked up" seems like the wrong word to use for a turkey baster pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2023 8:46 PM

R17 Fuck you

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2023 9:37 PM

The article about this in The New York Times features a very unflattering pic of her.

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2023 9:53 PM

I would love to see Bryan Lourd held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2023 9:53 PM

For all their screaming and fucking in real life, you’d think Harrison and Julia could have scared up a shred of chemistry in Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2023 10:04 PM

They saved it all for Harrison's trailer. It was rockin' and nobody came knockin'.

by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2023 10:09 PM

Kevin Huvane is about the biggest agent in Hollywood and has been for years. He represents Jennifer Aniston, Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt. Let’s see if any of his clients speak out against him or fire him.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2023 10:16 PM

[quote] Can you imagine being forced to give oral sex to Weinstein and when you alert your representatives, handlers and employers about it, they collude with him? I like that she's suing the enablers as well. Really impressed with her for this.

R8 I‘m absolutely with you on this. The enablers should go to prison as well - especially the women. I hate how many got away absolutely unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2023 10:18 PM

This story seems to have disappeared. Wonder what happened. I was hoping sleazy Bryan Lourde would get taken down.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2023 8:41 PM

She was good in Mad Men

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2023 8:49 PM

^^^ Matthew Weiner may be an odd duck but he got some good acting out of his cast

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2023 8:55 PM

I'd scream and moan in Ford's trailer, too, if that era Ford was dicking me deep

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2023 8:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!