Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

N.Y. Social Justice Advocate Is Stabbed to Death on Street in Front of His Girlfriend

A New York City man who dedicated his life to fighting for social justice was fatally stabbed in Brooklyn on Monday, according to multiple reports.

Ryan Carson, 32, was stabbed at around 4 a.m. in the Crown Heights neighborhood while standing on the street with his girlfriend, police sources told CBS News.

The assailant approached and asked, “What are you looking at?" before stabbing Carson in the chest numerous times, the outlet reported, citing sources. The outlet reported that Carson's girlfriend was not injured during the attack.

Police said there have been no arrests and the investigation is ongoing, per CBS News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391October 26, 2023 9:21 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2023 8:02 AM

That's very sad

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2023 8:35 AM

This is horrific, and I've been disturbed by it all day. It doesn't help that the local news won't stop replaying the video.

Why in hell was he waiting for a bus on an empty Crown Heights street at 3:40 am?

I've been in NYC for 25 years, and I wouldn't even take a subway in Manhattan at that hour. That area of Brooklyn, door-to-door cab only at night. And you still have to watch your back as you're letting yourself into your building.

He was clearly an idealist, but we have to live in the world that actually exists, not the one we'd like.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2023 8:51 AM

What a senseless killing.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2023 9:20 AM

Guy thought being 'COO of Antifa" would give him immunity at 4am on Malcolm X Boulevard .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2023 9:25 AM

I think I have that same shirt

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2023 9:30 AM

To the argument that he shouldn't have been on the street at this hour... Yes but also no. I'm getting sick of that argument. We need to take our streets back, and with "we" I mean "people who like to not be stabbed and won't stab others".

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2023 10:52 AM

[quote] We need to take our streets back, and with "we" I mean "people who like to not be stabbed and won't stab others".

Our dead "𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑌𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝐶𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑑𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒 " would have been the first to call you a racist fascist for thinking that.

I wonder if he had time to reconsider the consequences of his "civic activism" before he bled out.

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2023 11:00 AM

The couple walked [iitalic]toward[/italic] someone shooting at a car? Why?

After brutally stabbing her boyfriend to death the killer self-righteously spits in the girl's face before running away. Pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2023 11:19 AM

^ Don't know what happened in that post...I didn't type the "italic" tag like that (and I placed a tag on each side of the word "toward"). Anyway...

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2023 11:22 AM

R9 Pure Animal.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2023 1:18 PM

Why did his girlfriend just stand there instead of attempting ot stop the bleeding. When someone else tries to help she tells her to keep watch for the man. Like girl, your man is bleeding out, that's priority number one.

She must have been in shock or something because her actions were cold as hell.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2023 2:28 PM

She was shook

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2023 2:29 PM

Who is the second woman in the video? You can hear her say, "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" and something like "This was a mistake", and then she yells at the perp, I think saying "You hurt him", and the perp yells back at her.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2023 2:32 PM

r14 seems to be another bystander and good Samaritan that actually tried to help .

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2023 2:42 PM

He deserved to die for that haircut.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2023 4:38 PM

He actually believed the hype -- that street thugs are harmless gents who just down on their luck and need a bit of helpful advice from a friendly white male, and would never hurt anyone who doesn't deserve it. And he had all the right views and was One of the Good Ones, so obviously no violent loon would ever harm him.

That video is baffling. Like those videos of tourists who go to national parks and harass wild animals, never thinking that they could get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2023 4:45 PM

Crown Heights in the middle of the night? JFC. What was he thinking? I'm very sorry about what happened to him, but there are section of the city that are full of feral animals and you need to have some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2023 6:24 PM

Why would they walk TOWARDS the man instead of the opposite direction? He definitely was under the impression that he was invincible (unfortunately).

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2023 6:28 PM

He was obviously disrespecting this young scholar.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2023 6:47 PM

R14, the second woman is the stabber's girlfriend.

Ch. 4 just reported she and the stabber were having an argument before he went nuts. He's 18 and his name is Brian; they're not releasing the last name yet. No arrest yet.

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2023 8:14 PM

This taught me that there is no shame in running. This was one instance when running for your life would save your life. Find a bodega or somewhere with people. It's NYC, someplace is open.

by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2023 8:18 PM

Nothing good happens after 11 PM.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2023 8:23 PM

I dont care how fucking poor you are, you take a fucking UBER at 3:50 am ANYWHERE in Brooklyn.

Poor kid but my god, where is was his common sense?

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2023 8:25 PM

r24 maybe he was working for a non-profit so couldn't afford an Uber.

by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2023 8:26 PM

He lived about a mile away from where he died. An Uber would not have cost much.

by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2023 8:32 PM

Second time this week that a social reformer was brutally murdered by one of the lowlife wastes of space he was working so hard to save.

Scrape 'em off, Claire! You want to save somebody? Save yourself!

by Anonymousreply 27October 4, 2023 8:33 PM

There’s a scene in The Irishman where Hoffa tells,his goons.You can grab a gun from someone but if they have a knife,you run. That is excellent advice.

by Anonymousreply 28October 4, 2023 8:35 PM

If you can’t afford an Uber at 3:45am in crown heights, then don’t stay out that late.

Really naive and stupid decision.

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2023 8:35 PM

That hair would have provoked me at any hour, but I have a bit of self-control.

by Anonymousreply 30October 4, 2023 8:37 PM

[quote]That hair would have provoked me at any hour

[quote]He deserved to die for that haircut.

Broccoli hair

by Anonymousreply 31October 4, 2023 8:47 PM

Maybe he consciously avoids Uber out of liberal guilt.

by Anonymousreply 32October 4, 2023 8:48 PM

[QUOTE]the second woman is the stabber's girlfriend. Ch. 4 just reported she and the stabber were having an argument before he went nuts. He's 18 and his name is Brian; they're not releasing the last name yet. No arrest yet.

It sounds like there was an argument/domestic violence situation and the deceased tried to help by intervening.

by Anonymousreply 33October 4, 2023 8:48 PM

The video shows otherwise R33.

by Anonymousreply 34October 4, 2023 8:51 PM

Wow. I glad both women were safe. This is also why I've learned, after seeing two people fight in a movie theater recently, to stay out of that mess. I don't try to understand or reason with people fighting. These were two grown ass white men, fighting over kicking seats. I just took my shit and left the theater.

You here or see arguing and you don't get involved, you fucking cross the street and mind your damn business. It doesn't look like he was minding his damn business. Not his fault, he was technically doing the right thing, but in NYC or any city, don't get involved beyond calling the cops.

by Anonymousreply 35October 4, 2023 8:59 PM

Out walking at 4 am? In a city of 8 million oriole that has no mental health services? Darwin Award winner.

Don’t fucking cry about crime in the big city when the victim’s out walking in Crown Heights at 4 am.

by Anonymousreply 36October 4, 2023 9:05 PM

I applaud his creativity in cancelling his student debt.

by Anonymousreply 37October 4, 2023 9:09 PM

Stay in the suburbs and work with self sufficient people. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2023 9:10 PM

According to the Daily Mail, the stabber is an “emotionally disturbed 18-year-old who works in a school”.

He has previous citations for disturbing the peace and two months ago, he broke his girlfriend’s belongings when they were arguing.

by Anonymousreply 39October 4, 2023 9:14 PM

Lotsa undiagnosed mental illness around these days folks. People go to their PRIMARY CARE drs. instead of mental health professionals and get put on meds. That is why 33% of the country is die-hard MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 40October 4, 2023 9:16 PM

GoFundMe set up to help the girlfriend and Ryan’s friends work through their grief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 4, 2023 9:18 PM

I thought it was odd that the woman apologized like she had something to do with it then she yelled at the perp. Now I understand.

I think the victim said to his girlfriend let’s go see if we can help or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2023 9:19 PM

We are a collective of Ryan's close friends, reeling from a brutal loss. We are asking for your help on behalf of his partner in easing the burden and stress of this horrifying situation so that we can have space and time to grieve, and remember Ryan. Immediate needs are to offset the costs of working class people taking time off of work to properly mourn.

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2023 9:20 PM

[quote]Out walking at 4 am? In a city of 8 million oriole

This was in Brooklyn, not Baltimore, R36.

by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2023 9:20 PM

Did the stabber shoot into a car and break windows? Was there anyone in the car or was he just letting off steam. His walk looked like he had bad intentions. When I watched the video I was watching the couple then the guy walked by and I thought that person( I didn’t know it was the perp) is walking like he’s up to no good.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2023 9:23 PM

[quote]the stabber is an “emotionally disturbed 18-year-old who works in a school”.

How very delightful. Just when you think your confidence in the NYC Department of Education can't get any higher, you learn something uplifting like this.

by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2023 9:25 PM

Fuck that stabber - let him rot in prison. Anyone who can do that and spit in his girlfriend's face afterwards deserves to die - there is NO rehabilitation for those types.

by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2023 9:25 PM

He wasn’t shooting at cars R45. He was knocking down a parked scooter or motorcycle.

by Anonymousreply 48October 4, 2023 9:28 PM

[quote]If you can’t afford an Uber at 3:45am in crown heights, then don’t stay out that late.

Although, one has to wonder how many Uber cars would be available in that vicinity at that very early hour of the morning. So I guess the solution is, don't allow yourself to be on the street in a neighborhood like that at that hour in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 49October 4, 2023 9:31 PM

It's NY, there are Ubers at all hours r49.

Obviously he doesn't deserve to have this happened and can't wait for them to catch this murderer, but I can't deny the first thing I thought is why is white couple hanging out at a bus stop in Crown Heights at 340am. Also why did they walk towards that asshole instead of immediately turning away and getting as far away as possible from someone unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2023 9:35 PM

[quote]Melissa Lozada-Oliva, a writer who met Thoresen Carson through poetry and mutual friends, [said,] “I know he would have wanted people to use his death as a means to talk about structural wrongs in the city."

[quote]“I'm absolutely positive that he would immediately see that this was a person who was suffering from a lack of resources in our community, who probably needs better mental health support, possibly housing, possibly drug support, drug treatment.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 4, 2023 9:36 PM

We don’t have these problems in Scarsdale.

by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2023 9:37 PM

Buck never would have been at a bus stop in Bed-Stuy at 4AM!

by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2023 10:03 PM

Found more details. He was at the corner of Lafayette and Malcom X waiting for the B38 bus. That's really at the border between Bed Stuy and Bushwick, not Crown Heights. It's slightly less crazy I guess they would have felt okay walking at night.

Apparently Ryan and his girlfriend were coming back from a wedding, but god if only they had grabbed a damn Uber.

by Anonymousreply 54October 4, 2023 10:16 PM

I just did a Google street view of that corner. During the day, fine. But at 3:30am? Not wise. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2023 10:39 PM

Terrible thing to happen, must have been a very terrifying way to die.

I spent a week in that neighbourhood earlier this summer and came and went at all hours of the day and night and never felt unsafe (altho I did witness one street fight midday that resulted in police being called). Anyway link below:

[quote] While crime remains higher than it was pre-pandemic in Crown Heights, historical data shows that 2022 crime levels were still over 40 percent lower than 2001, and 83 percent lower than 1990.

Cities are generally safe places to walk, people (a bunch on this thread) feel unsafe when around people against whom they are biased. It’s not nice or productive to berate this guy for attempting to walk to his house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2023 10:48 PM

No description of the perp...so Black of course.

by Anonymousreply 57October 4, 2023 10:54 PM

[quote]people (a bunch on this thread) feel unsafe when around people against whom they are biased.

Yes, we should all praise the lack of bias and the sense of safety displayed by the late Mr Carson. Truly choices we should all emulate.

Folks, never be biased when you see an obviously enraged person kicking stuff halfway down the block at 4 AM. Approach and graciously offer life advice and a friendly pat on the head. Never be afraid or biased against violent street people in the middle of the night. Be like Mr Carson. The late Mr Carson.

by Anonymousreply 58October 4, 2023 10:57 PM

[quote]Nothing good happens after 11 PM

Well this is NY not Mayberry, bars don't even close til 4am. But when I am leaving bars and parties at that time of night I hop in an Uber.

by Anonymousreply 59October 4, 2023 11:11 PM

Random unprovoked attacks are happening everywhere and at every hour in NYC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2023 11:19 PM

4 am is when bars close and that’s when criminals mug drunks. As they used to call it “rolling a drunk in an alleyway.” Except we don’t have alleyways anymore. So they mug you on the street. Anyone with sense gets a car ride. Ubers do tons of calls from 2am - 4:30 am.

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2023 11:21 PM

Sixth Avenue Midtown 1AM I guess you can't even be on the streets anymore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2023 11:23 PM

and don't ride bikes on the streets either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2023 11:28 PM

Someone who believes they had an encounter with the killer posted this on the Reddit r/Brooklyn thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2023 11:28 PM

Link to the above mentioned thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2023 11:29 PM

Such low expectations.

We're told to just look the other way with shoplifting, that homeless is natural in our economy, that you shouldn't be on the streets at 4 am, that feral nutjobs are out there and nothing can be done about it.

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2023 11:32 PM

Why does the girlfriend need cash donations? Paying for an abortion?

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2023 11:35 PM

[quote] Folks, never be biased when you see an obviously enraged person kicking stuff halfway down the block at 4 AM.

That’s not what I was saying, dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2023 11:40 PM

R57 = moron

by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2023 11:41 PM

[quote]Why does the girlfriend need cash donations? Paying for an abortion?

The girlfriend and an unspecified number of the deceased's friends want money so they can take an unspecified amount of time off from work to process their grief.

So far, they've raised triple the amount they were asking for.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2023 11:49 PM

4pm in one of the busiest stations in Brooklyn, R60. Allegedly, there are cops on station platforms and in stations according to announcements on trains. How could they miss what was happening?

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2023 11:57 PM

What were they doing out so late in THAT neighborhood --- PLEASE. Ever taken the subway to Brooklyn late at night? Packed like sardines in the middle of the night.

Please. If they were one block over they'd have been fine. This is the same kind of BS about rape victims: if they hadn't dressed that way, gone to ______, left their friends, etc. It's CHANCE darlin.'

I've been in that neighborhood many times and it's always a shitshow no matter what hour. That's what people love about NYC. You walk out the door, you take a calculated risk day or night. The one time you drop your guard, better hope there's no 'mentally ill' person who 'works in a school' (!) around. But yes, you don't walk towards trouble.

by Anonymousreply 72October 5, 2023 12:01 AM

[quote]Why did his girlfriend just stand there instead of attempting ot stop the bleeding?

Duh. New dress.

by Anonymousreply 73October 5, 2023 12:04 AM

Throughout history the only people who should be out on city streets at 4 am was the night watchmen.

by Anonymousreply 74October 5, 2023 12:27 AM

If he was stabbed multiple times, he most likely is bleeding internally from damaged organs rather than bleeding out. His best chance was quick transport to a hospital emergency center for surgery.

by Anonymousreply 75October 5, 2023 12:32 AM

Let’s not forget Barbara Terry, R74

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 5, 2023 12:33 AM

R75, I read that his heart was damaged.

by Anonymousreply 77October 5, 2023 12:39 AM

I read that too R77. He was stabbed in the heart.

by Anonymousreply 78October 5, 2023 12:46 AM

I don’t feel as bad about this after seeing the GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 79October 5, 2023 12:54 AM

A lesson for others. Rest in peace, good man.

by Anonymousreply 80October 5, 2023 1:00 AM

Both R67 and R79 are cunts

by Anonymousreply 81October 5, 2023 1:07 AM

[Quote] Buck never would have been at a bus stop in Bed-Stuy at 4AM!

Buck would mever have been in Bed-Stuy period!

by Anonymousreply 82October 5, 2023 1:15 AM

The GFM is a ghastly move by his “friends.”

And donors are starting to give tiny donations so they can make racial claims about the killer.

When is someone going to shut down that sick website? Nothing good ever comes of it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 83October 5, 2023 1:36 AM

Most crime happens between midnight and 6am. Always has, always will. The only place to be during those hours is safely locked in your home. Sad story….RIP.

by Anonymousreply 84October 5, 2023 1:37 AM

R84 Agree. I was running around Chicago, NY, LA, Miami, SF and DC among other places in my drunken party days of my 30s and 40s. After parties with coke and all that nonsense. If there was anything great to find out there in the world in the middle of the night, I would have found it. I never did. So glad I am 56 now and come home after dinner and relax here. Safer. Cheaper, And I feel better when I wake up.

-Wise old owl

by Anonymousreply 85October 5, 2023 1:49 AM

I don’t think 4 am had that much to do with it. He ran into a deranged kid and was murdered.Maybe the kid wouldn’t have flipped with more people around. I’m not sure.

by Anonymousreply 86October 5, 2023 1:49 AM

Put it this way R86, if he hadn't been on the street at 4AM, he'd still be alive. More people are murdered in the wee hours than any other time. The later it gets the worse your odds are.

by Anonymousreply 87October 5, 2023 1:52 AM

I used to live in Bed-Stuy and had a number of dodgy encounters with unwell individuals. I found that if I kept repeating "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," then whoever it was would accept that and continue on their way. It doesn't matter that you have no idea what is you're apologizing for.

Telling them to "chill, chill" is unwise, as it would in all likelihood be interpreted as confrontational/accusatory.

I say this not to denigrate the deceased. These situations are scary, and you don't have much time to think.

by Anonymousreply 88October 5, 2023 1:59 AM

R88 That's good advice. We need those deescalation skills now that the world is crawling with mental cases and deranged addicts.

by Anonymousreply 89October 5, 2023 2:01 AM

Post coverage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 5, 2023 2:06 AM

I live in Bed-Stuy, fairly close — perhaps eight blocks or so — from where this happened. I totally understand why many of you recommend taking Uber that late at night. But part of why I generally feel quite safe on the three-block walk from the nearest subway station to my house is precisely because people are still out walking.

There’s a part of me that feels once we encourage everyone to avoid walking and/or public transit late at night, that can only make the streets even more dangerous (i.e., fewer people out and about, fewer witnesses, less help available).

As an aside, I often feel more on edge walking the streets at 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon when middle-schoolers and high-schoolers get out of school.

I love my neighborhood and feel safe 95% of the time. But — even though I’m old — I refuse to imprison myself at home at night. Nightlife, live music, theater around here is great and I feel that once I begin to feel too afraid to take advantage of it, what’s the point of living in NYC?

And I say all this as someone who’s suffered my share of verbal and physical assaults… but never around here and, fortunately, not in recent years (though once quite violently).

Sorry for rambling. I think I’m more upset than I realized by what happened and given current conditions it’s hard to feel optimistic. I just don’t know.

To the question of advice, I will say this. If you have a gut feeling that something doesn’t look right, avoid it, cross the street, duck into a business, turn the other way. I used to feel bad about doing that. And it rarely happens that I get that feeling. But if I do, I trust it and don’t second guess myself.

by Anonymousreply 91October 5, 2023 2:07 AM

Now r89?

Crime is not new. New York used to consistently have over 2000 murders a year, now we are no where near that. These type of things have always happened.

by Anonymousreply 92October 5, 2023 2:09 AM

How sad to lose somebody actually trying to do good

by Anonymousreply 93October 5, 2023 2:14 AM

R92 I don't live in NYC anymore. I was speaking in general about urban living in the US based on publicly available data. I'm no expert on NYC crime. Clearly neither was the deceased.

by Anonymousreply 94October 5, 2023 2:25 AM

[quote]It's NY, there are Ubers at all hours [R49].

In Crown Heights? At 4:00 in the morning? How long would one have to wait for an Uber? I shudder to think.

by Anonymousreply 95October 5, 2023 2:35 AM

R72, if there's some kind of award for contradicting oneself multiple times in one post, you win it. Congratulations.

[quote]I love my neighborhood and feel safe 95% of the time. But — even though I’m old — I refuse to imprison myself at home at night. Nightlife, live music, theater around here is great and I feel that once I begin to feel too afraid to take advantage of it, what’s the point of living in NYC?

One can take full advantage of lots of theater, live music, etc. and still be home WELL before 4am, so what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 96October 5, 2023 2:51 AM

R7- You must be from OUT OF TOWN

Crown Height is a SHITTY neighborhood

by Anonymousreply 97October 5, 2023 3:20 AM

What good is the war on poverty, if you keep having children.

by Anonymousreply 98October 5, 2023 3:35 AM

He was a poet?? Your blood was red Your skin is blue You were out too late Now your a corpse duuude

by Anonymousreply 99October 5, 2023 3:55 AM

[quote] The girlfriend and an unspecified number of the deceased's friends want money so they can take an unspecified amount of time off from work to process their grief. So far, they've raised triple the amount they were asking for.

By " processing their grief" they mean fund a road trip to another Antifa riot in some place like Atlanta.

Carson was a Black Lives Matter activist, using acronyms like "ACAB" in some posts, according to the Daily Mail.

Friends of Ryan Carson, who was stabbed to death early Monday morning at a Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn bus stop, say Carson would have sympathy for the man who fatally attacked him, and that he would want his killing to be used to further left-wing policies in the city.

"I know he would have wanted people to use his death as a means to talk about structural wrongs in the city," Melissa Lozada-Olivia, a writer who met Carson through mutual friends, told The Gothamist.

New York State Assemblymember Emily Gallagher told the outlet, "I'm absolutely positive that he would immediately see that this was a person who was suffering from a lack of resources in our community, who probably needs better mental health support, possibly housing, possibly drug support, drug treatment."

by Anonymousreply 100October 5, 2023 4:12 AM

R88 You go around your own neighborhood apologizing to crack addicts and hoping they don’t kill you?

Fuck that noise. Get yourself a handgun, and waste these degenerate killers. You’ll be doing society a favor.

It worked for Charles Bronson!

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2023 4:20 AM

He once walked 500 miles across New York “to raise awareness to pass legislation for the institution of the first overdose prevention facility in the state,” said friend and former classmate Alex Harristhal, 29.

by Anonymousreply 102October 5, 2023 4:28 AM

[quote] He once walked 500 miles across New York “to raise awareness"

When the cameras weren't looking I bet he took the bus.

by Anonymousreply 103October 5, 2023 4:31 AM

I haven't read all the comments, but I've seen enough to know that there are some truly whack 😞 people on here and keep mixing apples and oranges.

So sorry to this young man 🙏 no one deserves to die like that and the killer needs to be put under the jail for this! But the world is full of crazy, unhinged people. It doesn't matter if he was a 'SoCiaL aCTIviST' -which to DL means caring about people less fortunate than himself, implying that he caused his own death (where have I heard that before?🥴🥺) But you can't create an underclass of starving ,deprived people and not expect it to encroach on your false sense of security. And the aftershocks of this pandemic and are going to have ramifications for years to come . People who were already living on the margins of society and sanity are being tossed out on the streets 😭 to rub shoulders with the rest us. I ride the train nearly morning and I have never seen such a mass of homeless-and from the looks of it, immigrant men -stretched out and sleeping on the subway. And this is mere feet from a police station! As my dear departed brother used to say all the time 'get used to it because they're not going anywhere, anytime soon.' All I can say is don't have a false sense of security because this is a systemic problem with no solutions in sight 😭 White, black , Latino,Asian it doesn't matter-we all live under the same 'roof' so to speak-and none of us are truly safe when nothing is being done to address the root causes of allowing the homeless and mentally unstable to wander around aimlessly. Use common sense and don't be on the streets in questionable areas of you can help it and just call a cab or use Uber.

"If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready"🙏😞

by Anonymousreply 104October 5, 2023 4:46 AM

[Quote] These type of things have always happened.

but they didn't happen like this. And it's not limited to Bed-Stuy where for no reason someone is suddenly and pointlessly attacked sliced, hammered, pushed to their death in a random and unprovoked attack or shot by a stray bullet. And even if they always have happened does that make it OK? NY has become more dangerous in the last 3 years than any time this century.

by Anonymousreply 105October 5, 2023 5:03 AM

[quote]New York State Assemblymember Emily Gallagher told the outlet, "I'm absolutely positive that he would immediately see that this was a person who was suffering from a lack of resources in our community, who probably needs better mental health support, possibly housing, possibly drug support, drug treatment."

Eerie how no one seems angry that this innocent bystander was murdered in cold blood. Maybe his family is.

by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2023 5:52 AM

NY needs more police and less social worker ideology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2023 6:10 AM

People are social Justice advocates because they want to address issues like addiction, homelessness, and mental illness. They are aware that damage to bystanders is one of the negative consequences of not addressing these problems. So I don’t see the irony in his death. Getting stabbed doesn’t make him some kind of schmuck. But I think it is important to acknowledge that maybe he shouldn’t have been standing around in party clothes in that neighborhood at 4 am. Because it helps other people to assess risks and we all take risks. Crossing the street is a risk.

His GoFundMe friends, however, are dirt bags. I would say his choice of friends reflects negatively on him, but since he’s dead we have no way of knowing how close he was to these people. I can only assume his parents are dead or estranged or just don’t know about the GoFundMe. “Friends” might set up a GoFundMe to fund a donation in his memory to a cause he cared about. But begging for money so they don’t have to go to work? It’s a parody. Like something you’d see in the Onion or on SNL.That’s the legacy they are creating for their “friend.” Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2023 10:16 AM

[quote] NY needs more police and less social worker ideology.

Crime is as bad as it is because of poverty and lack of social services.

Anyway, “New York” doesn’t need more police, Defacto. Pittsburgh does. The crime rate is considerably higher in your city than in nyc.

by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2023 10:26 AM

[quote]NY has become more dangerous in the last 3 years than any time this century.

R105, you're talking out of your ass. Don't speak when you know nothing about the topic.

[quote]THE FACTS: While it’s true that major crimes in New York City rose last year compared to 2021, criminal justice experts say crime levels were significantly higher three decades ago, and that the current levels are more comparable to where New York was a decade ago, when people frequently lauded it as America’s safest big city.

[quote]Nevertheless, the notion of a crime wave washing over the Big Apple has been a steady refrain on social media since Bragg’s office brought charges against former President Donald Trump, who has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts related to hush money payments during his winning 2016 campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 5, 2023 10:40 AM

In case anyone wants an illustration of r109, here’s an excerpt from the list of crime rates in US cities, ranked.

Note Pittsburgh is twelve spots ahead of New York City. Also note how far down the list New York City is — it’s not even in the top FIFTY most dangerous cities. (Pittsburgh is.)

Defacto constantly posts about New York crime because a) he’s a flyover gay resentful of the more cosmopolitan gays in nyc, SF and LA, and b) he’s a lying rightwing shitstain, out to falsely portray liberalism as leading to crime.

The truth is the opposite — Republican controlled cities, and states, have the worst crime rates in the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 5, 2023 10:44 AM

[quote] I would say his choice of friends reflects negatively on him

He was Antifa. His friends reflect precisely on him.

by Anonymousreply 112October 5, 2023 11:01 AM

My first year in NYC, a beautiful young blonde woman named Kendra Webdale was pushed in front of an oncoming subway train by a deranged person as she was waiting at the edge of the tracks. It was tabloid and local news fodder for weeks.

One of the grizzled old veterans at my first job said, "This is terrible, but it used to happen all the time, and it's only making the news now because the city is so safe." Every article and news spot mentioned: Don't stand by the tracks. Wait by the wall. It wasn't considered blaming the victim, just a reiteration of common sense. You never know what might happen.

To pretend this is not a teachable moment is fantasyland. There will always be crime. You can double the NYPD police force (which already has the budget of most small countries), and they won't be able to protect everyone 24/7 from someone randomly freaking out.

To reduce your risk, you have to practice common sense, which used to be passed down to people who moved here. This includes: Being aware of your surroundings. Not being on the street at 3:30am in higher-crime areas. Minding your own business. When someone is displaying violent behavior, don't get involved; move away to safety and call 911.

by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2023 11:03 AM

Was the person who stabbed him his “friend,” Defacto?

What is the proof he “was antifa,” you cretin?

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2023 11:04 AM

[quote]Eerie how no one seems angry that this innocent bystander was murdered in cold blood. Maybe his family is.

R106 that's because white progressives are self-loathing. They hate white people. Their ultimate goal is to eliminate the white race. This is with whom the Democrats have aligned themselves.

Funny. A century ago, Dems were anti-black, leading the Ku Klux Klan and enforcing segregation laws, but now they are anti-white. They went from one extreme to the other.

by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2023 11:08 AM

[quote]What is the proof he “was antifa,”

His Twitter profile said he was "COO of Antifa," as seen at R5.

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2023 11:27 AM

r109 is a complete idiot. He is talking about REPORTED crimes. A city like NY which has many immigrants who are unlikely to interact with the police and many more who are too afraid to report crime. Nobody knows how much actual crime there is there.

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2023 11:50 AM

"My first year in NYC, a beautiful young blonde woman named Kendra Webdale was pushed in front of an oncoming subway train by a deranged person as she was waiting at the edge of the tracks."

I remember this vividly. Around the same time, another young blonde and her boyfriend were mugged on the lower east side. The assailant pulled a gun on them. The woman was incredulous and refused to give up her wallet, saying "What are you going to do, shoot us?" And the guy did. She died instantly.

As someone who grew up in NYC in the 80s, it just struck me at the time time that the city was being flooded with naive, entitled white people who truly had no clue just how dangerous the streets were. And some found out the hard way, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2023 12:00 PM

I wouldn’t wait for a bus on the upper east side at 3:45am. If you go to a wedding, you plan ahead for how you will get home. It’s called being an adult. These aren’t 19 year old college kids from South Dakota visiting the big city. Or that Barnard freshman who walked through morningside park a few years ago at 7pm and was stabbed to death. They are adults in their 30s who live in Brooklyn.

It’s horribly tragic and he sounded like a very nice person. But this idea that you should take public transport at that hour because otherwise “danger wins,” is not in line with reality. When it comes to personal safety, you can’t rely on theoretical arguments of what “should” happen. You do your best to keep yourself out of harm’s way.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2023 12:31 PM

This reminds me of an episode in DC a couple of years ago in which a guy got stabbed to death on the metro in front of his friends, in all some tussle over his iphone. On the face it, it was foolish behavior, but I suppose if you live around this stuff you're numb to it and possibly not paying attention when someone is genuinely batshit.

Some days it feels like we're living in some dark, gloomy Batman movie

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2023 1:17 PM

I guess I’m old but a wedding that goes until 4 AM?

Zzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 121October 5, 2023 3:03 PM

The wedding was on Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 122October 5, 2023 3:06 PM

The ferals are insane. If they almost run into you and you said “watch out”, you’d be risking your life. The “disrespectin” is justifiable homicide in their deranged mind.

by Anonymousreply 123October 5, 2023 3:25 PM

It’s correct that NYC is one of the safer (safest?) big cities, a lot of the most violent acts are concentrated in certain areas.

When NYers hear someone was gunned down in Brooklyn, they’re safe to assume it was Brownsville or East New York.

Bed Stuy used to be in this category & is still rough in areas. Crown Heights is really bleak by Atlantic Avenue with daytime street hookers as you progress farther east. It’s a sad reminder of how differently some Americans start life.

These are issues without quick fixes, but this victim cared.

However, the number of unhinged psychotic people NYC is completely out of control. The subway alone exposes riders to unpredictable nutjobs weekly if not daily.

by Anonymousreply 124October 5, 2023 3:27 PM

If I was tipsy I would have noshed him off down one of those side alleys, I think he was cute

by Anonymousreply 125October 5, 2023 3:35 PM

R110 you do know that the 90s was last century. And the fact that crime was higher at some other time doesn't make people feel safer.

by Anonymousreply 126October 5, 2023 3:55 PM

The murder R118 is referring to. I hope the murderer, Rudy Fleming, is being raped in prison on a daily basis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 5, 2023 4:07 PM

Police arrested Brian Dowling. He’s been charged with murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 5, 2023 4:35 PM

I just hope the victim's own words are not used to secure a light sentence for this murderer. He needs to be put away for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 129October 5, 2023 4:38 PM

Glad they caught him quickly.

by Anonymousreply 130October 5, 2023 5:45 PM

"Why in hell was he waiting for a bus on an empty Crown Heights street at 3:40 am?"

The Under-40s are rabidly Woke and politically correct. They need to always prove that the dregs of society are worth putting on a pedestal. They will shame, cancel, ghost and delete you if you say mean things about trash.

by Anonymousreply 131October 5, 2023 5:53 PM

Is this reparations?

by Anonymousreply 132October 5, 2023 5:55 PM

The killer is 18 years old and his life is basically over (deservedly so.) Hopefully he never gets out of prison; there’s no redeeming someone that broken.

by Anonymousreply 133October 5, 2023 6:13 PM

[quote] Hopefully he never gets out of prison;

Dream on.

by Anonymousreply 134October 5, 2023 6:23 PM

R110 Rudolph Giuliani took office in 1994 with a clear mandate to reduce crime and establish that New York City could, indeed, be governed. The annual murder rate was 1,946 in 1993, the year prior to his taking office; by 2001, the final year of his administration, it had fallen to 649 and would continue to drop thereafter.

Do try and keep up!

by Anonymousreply 135October 5, 2023 6:58 PM

Sad situation all around. The poor guy would have turned 33 tomorrow.

I hope the GoFundMe started is put to good use and that it is shared with Ryan’s family to help pay medical and funeral expenses.

by Anonymousreply 136October 5, 2023 7:52 PM

R91 while I here what you are saying about the more people that feel comfortable walking late the safer, but there is something to be said about practicing basic precaution.

Bedstuy has come a long way, but it is far from say Greenwich where I do feel safe walking very late. Part of street smarts is trying to avoid situations that are higher risk.

by Anonymousreply 137October 5, 2023 8:02 PM

One more member of the Dead Poet Society!

by Anonymousreply 138October 5, 2023 8:08 PM

I think the Go Fund Me page could be reasonable if Ryan were originally from a location that requires time and air travel to get to. His friends are young and may not have the funds to take time off work and purchase an airline ticket to attend the funeral. Bereavement time off is for family only. Instead, the language made them sound self-centered.

by Anonymousreply 139October 5, 2023 8:21 PM

Thugs will be thugs, especially in Brooklyn. No fucking way will I ever take a bus downtown. The mentally ill and thug element are totally out of control now.

by Anonymousreply 140October 5, 2023 8:36 PM

[quote]I don’t feel as bad about this after seeing the GoFundMe.

Why, asshole? Is the deceased asking for the money?

DIAGF!

by Anonymousreply 141October 5, 2023 8:44 PM

I wonder if the killer's girlfriend turned him in. She's lucky he hasn't killed her already.

by Anonymousreply 142October 5, 2023 8:49 PM

R108 people are also “social justice advocates” because they are narcissists who seek validation from being viewed as virtuous saints/martyrs. Most nonprofit “advocates” in these positions in truth say a lot but accomplish little, and in the end you get a lot of faux-humble postulation. Of course this doesn’t mean he ever should have been hurt. Having empathy and caring about the underdogs and dregs of society is noble, but I am always suspicious of people who make this the center of their identity.

by Anonymousreply 143October 5, 2023 9:06 PM

Both the deceased and the girlfriend were anti-police.

by Anonymousreply 144October 5, 2023 11:01 PM

R144 I'm not a big fan of the police either, having seen a lot of corruption and thuggish behavior in my years as a NYC native, but I don't believe that means I deserve to be killed.

by Anonymousreply 145October 5, 2023 11:39 PM

[Quote]Thugs will be thugs, especially in Brooklyn. No fucking way will I ever take a bus downtown. The mentally ill and thug element are totally out of control now.

teens are out of control

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 5, 2023 11:41 PM

What a tragic ending to a young man who was doing so much good work. RIP Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 147October 6, 2023 12:29 AM

Has someone with the name "Brian Dowling" been definitively identified as African American?

by Anonymousreply 148October 6, 2023 3:03 AM

Video of the perp walk. You be the judge, R148.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 6, 2023 3:10 AM

blah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 6, 2023 5:03 AM

Thanks. R149. Do you wonder if the deceased Ryan may have further antagonized the assailant by coming up to him and saying "Whoa, black brother, I get you. What can I do to help?"

by Anonymousreply 151October 6, 2023 5:12 AM

Per R149, the suspect took the time to get his hair braided after the murder.

I guess it's a better look for Rikers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 6, 2023 5:26 AM

I'm not sure the couple was 'taking a bus'. Perhaps they were resting on the bench after walking for a while.

I think the couple should have walked across the street or started walking the other direction when they saw the vandalism.

by Anonymousreply 153October 6, 2023 8:28 AM

The photos of the perp walk are interesting. There are tears streaming down the perp's face.

Do you think maybe, despite all the tough-guy talk and posturing and stabbing, he's actually a little piss-baby bitch?

by Anonymousreply 154October 6, 2023 12:03 PM

A chilled kid, just mentally paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 155October 6, 2023 12:38 PM

[quote][R108] people are also “social justice advocates” because they are narcissists who seek validation from being viewed as virtuous saints/martyrs. Most nonprofit “advocates” in these positions in truth say a lot but accomplish little, and in the end you get a lot of faux-humble postulation..

Why try to govern a country when you can become a saint?

R

R145 perhaps not, but you would advocate defunding the police

by Anonymousreply 156October 6, 2023 1:01 PM

Don't know what happened there with 'R 1 4 5 ' in between.

by Anonymousreply 157October 6, 2023 1:03 PM

Dial N for Murder

by Anonymousreply 158October 6, 2023 1:31 PM

As it’s Brooklyn… The girlfriend will probably use the GoFuckMe money to start an organic jam & jelly company with her name. Hannah’s Jam, a PORTION of the proceeds benefiting social awareness charities!

by Anonymousreply 159October 6, 2023 1:33 PM

Why were they out on the streets of NYC at 4:00 AM when the city is so dangerous these days?

They had just attended a wedding and were waiting at a bus stop at 4:00 AM?

by Anonymousreply 160October 6, 2023 2:10 PM

He came there to uplift them and show them the light. And they promptly killed him.

by Anonymousreply 161October 6, 2023 2:25 PM

He’s like that missionary who tried to go to that island off India

by Anonymousreply 162October 6, 2023 2:26 PM

R162 The Sentinelese promptly butchered him. I think they maybe found a few finger bones and a belt buckle on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 163October 6, 2023 2:42 PM

Some yte folks are just too fucking naive.

by Anonymousreply 164October 6, 2023 3:33 PM

the time and place is irrelevant as unhinged people are everywhere in NYC see R150

Jules Feiffer's Little Murders seems so prescient

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 6, 2023 4:54 PM

NY is circling the drain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 6, 2023 4:54 PM

[quote] but they didn't happen like this

Lol, they were much worse than this, hunny.

Murders in NYC, the year 1990 - 2,245

Murders in NY the year 2000 - 673

Murders in 2022 - 438

These are crime statistics from NYPD itself, the organization that full throatedly endorsed Trump for president in 2020. If there’s any way they could make crime stats look worse, they’d do it. But they can’t do it because murder is waaay down.

[italic] but they didn’t happen like this [/italic] Lol. Oh yes they did. Just many more times.

by Anonymousreply 167October 6, 2023 5:07 PM

Don't care R167. The streets are too dangerous now.🙉🙈 Take the blinders off. Live in the present.

by Anonymousreply 168October 6, 2023 5:15 PM

R167 crime is still up from the last few years. From 2013 to 2019 there were 250-300 murders a year (the few years before that it was roughly the same as it is now) which changed in 2020 and its been rising again. Its a relatively safe city, but to deny there hasn't been a rise in the murder/crime is dishonest. Hopefully the upward trend stops.

by Anonymousreply 169October 6, 2023 5:17 PM

NY is going backwards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 6, 2023 5:20 PM

[quote] No description of the perp

I read today that the girlfriend refused to give a description of the killer to police because she was afraid it would play into stereotypes. Her views may have been even loonier than his.

The grifting by the friends to financially profit off his death is incredible. It shows the kind of people we’re talking about.

I also saw that he had previously laughed on Twitter at the death of others and had encouraged violently attacking police officers. There’s a lesson about karma for those who celebrate the death of people they disagree with politically, or who support violence against the police.

by Anonymousreply 171October 6, 2023 5:31 PM

R171, The girlfriend just stood there while her boyfriend lay crumpled on the ground bleeding to death.

If the boyfriend had not tripped over the bench and fallen to the ground, would he have run away and left his girlfriend there alone?

by Anonymousreply 172October 6, 2023 5:43 PM

I saw some girl on 'x' saying this was planned. I pointed out that the guy was murdered and there is no proof of that. She immediately started calling me names, insulted me and so I then said you just don't like what I said. There is no proof of that and it won't hold up in court. She then got even nastier so I blocked her. How stupid. This was obviously a random crime and the guy is a murderer. The cities right now are full of danger. NY is a mess. They need to get behind law enforcement and throw these guys in the clink and sorry I'm all for the death penalty or prison for long sentences or life. The victim is gone forever, families don't recover. It's a huge loss. I'm sure this is not that murderers first crime. He's scum. Get him off the streets. I've been told NY in the 40s was safe to walk the streets at any hour . There is a way to curb crime.

by Anonymousreply 173October 6, 2023 5:51 PM

[quote] NY is a mess

Far safer than it was in 1990, in 2000.

In fact, fewer murders in 2022 than in 2020 and 2021.

So it’s on a [italic] downward [/italic] trend, y’all. That’s math.

Far, far downward from the entire decade of 1990s.

Safer than 2 years ago.

Safer than 3 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 174October 6, 2023 5:58 PM

A sign of the times. Anyone can be a target. Store opened in 2010

“We cannot continue operating these stores because theft and organized retail crime are threatening the safety of our team and , and contributing to unsustainable business performance,” the Minneapolis-based chain said in a

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 6, 2023 6:12 PM

R174 That's funny. That's what that guy that just got murdered used to say.

by Anonymousreply 176October 6, 2023 6:34 PM

[Quote] I've been told NY in the 40s was safe to walk the streets at any hour . There is a way to curb crime.

End the catch and release system. So many crimes are committed by repeat offenders. Dangerous people commit a crime and are back on the street in 24 hours

by Anonymousreply 177October 6, 2023 6:39 PM

[Quote] That's funny. That's what that guy that just got murdered used to say.

ignore the trollina who's probably posting from a basement in Des Moines. She offers no links to crime stats.

by Anonymousreply 178October 6, 2023 6:42 PM

NY is going to lose money as business owners leave and tourists stay away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 6, 2023 6:45 PM

I'm an atheist and I don't believe souls have an afterlife. Yet... the more I see apologists like the late Mr Carson insisting that murders like this are caused by white supremacy, historic injustice, etc, and the people who commit them are automatons who have no control over their actions because everything they do is preordained by the sins of whitey....

... the more I start to believe in the existence of pure evil.

By the way, when white people commit hideous crimes, I notice the Carsons of the world accept no excuses. How do we know that some of the school shooters weren't traumatized? Was Kyle Rittenhouse ever terrorized or hurt by anything? Did Trump have a damaging childhood? No one gives a shit, because these people are white, so the Carsons of the world [italic]quite rightly[/italic] hold them responsible for their actions regardless of how their past may affect them. It's only black people -- so these folks believe -- that must be excused because they can't help it. Their hand was forced.

Suspiciously similar to the way you'd treat a young child or a "special" person.

Yet Mr Carson and his still-living compatriots would insist they don't have a racist bone in their body.

by Anonymousreply 180October 6, 2023 6:52 PM

It annoys me when people argue apples and oranges and don't even realize they're doing so.

Assuming that the number of murders in NYC has truly decreased since 1990, that doesn't necessarily mean that people feel safer or ARE safer, because there definitely seems to have been a huge INCREASE in the number of mentally unstable individuals, drug addicts, deranged black men who like to pick fights with random non-blacks, etc. on the streets. And those people are very likely to verbally harass and/or physically attack their targets even if they don't actually murder them.

by Anonymousreply 181October 6, 2023 7:00 PM

R179 Anybody who walks around with a collapsible baton isn't using for defense, they are looking to engage in assault.

by Anonymousreply 182October 6, 2023 7:26 PM

The bus driver must feel terrible.

by Anonymousreply 183October 6, 2023 7:28 PM

It’s racist to not hold people accountable for their actions as if they’re too stupid and damaged to know better. So patronizing and offensive, assuming that all Black people were raised feral and don’t have any free will but are completely defined by white supremacy. It is another form of bigotry, with white people as the center of the world.

by Anonymousreply 184October 6, 2023 7:37 PM

N.Y. Social Justice Advocate died as he lived - a bleeding heart.

by Anonymousreply 185October 6, 2023 7:46 PM

Calling the creature who did this an animal is offensive to animals.

by Anonymousreply 186October 6, 2023 7:51 PM

[quote]These are crime statistics from NYPD itself, the organization that full throatedly endorsed Trump for president in 2020. If there’s any way they could make crime stats look worse, they’d do it. But they can’t do it because murder is waaay down.

For what's supposed to be a civilized country in the civilized Western World, the murder rates in American cities are appalling.

"But but but....murder is WAAAY down!"

JFC other civilized countries don't have one quarter of the murder rates that the US does.

by Anonymousreply 187October 6, 2023 7:55 PM

Certain neighborhoods and people were policed for a reason and it was because of their immoral and violent culture and behavior, nothing else. Elimination of penalties for serious crimes has caused destruction of entire cities and businesses. Treating certain people like they are cuddly innocent oppressed teddy bears has not worked thus far and only made the quality of life in major cities across the country much worse. Crime was reduced decades ago in this city because certain groups were policed according to their behavior without regard for their ignorant feelings. We need a government that will reverse course and be honest about what needs to be done to tackle crime. We are all human but certain members of our species have dna and brain function that dictate certain behaviors and attributes that differ from others

by Anonymousreply 188October 6, 2023 8:00 PM

Well I guess his murder was a form of social justice, in some sense.

by Anonymousreply 189October 6, 2023 8:02 PM

[QUOTE] "But but but....murder is WAAAY down!"

Take a walk through Baltimore at 3AM honey.

by Anonymousreply 190October 6, 2023 8:06 PM

Have you been to Baltimore r190? You will see plenty of people on the streets in Fells Point and Federal Hill late at night, drunk and having a good time.

Every city is a tale of different neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 191October 6, 2023 8:27 PM

I remember watching this live on TV while it was unfolding and remember witnesses saying that the man was talking to himself and put a gas mask on; at that point I would have move to the next car. Stay away from people acting strange. Don't assume they're harmless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 6, 2023 8:42 PM

At least 113 people have been killed in Baltimore since the start of 2022, and the city is again on pace for more than 300 homicides. (May 2, 2022)

Even if the stats are lower for 2023 I still wouldn't feel safe in Baltimore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 6, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote] N.Y. Social Justice Advocate died as he lived - a bleeding heart.

The video shows the killer walking by the couple and then very shortly they get up and follow behind the killer, setting up the situation. I wonder if after seeing a potentially dangerous person walk by, they thought “we need to get up and walk behind him to how unbiased we are”, rather than doing the common sense thing and get up and run in the opposite direction as fast as they could to put distance between them and the clearly scary person who was nearby. The situation is so crazy. Them being there at that time of night and not running away is absolutely analogous to someone jumping into a pond at night where there are known to be alligators just to show how “safe” it is.

by Anonymousreply 194October 6, 2023 8:52 PM

[quote]I wonder if after seeing a potentially dangerous person walk by, they thought “we need to get up and walk behind him to how unbiased we are”,

Did you really just type that?

by Anonymousreply 195October 6, 2023 8:54 PM

If they were waiting for the bus, why did they both get up and begin walking away?

by Anonymousreply 196October 6, 2023 9:03 PM

The buses don’t run as frequently at 4am as they do during the day.

Maybe they checked the bus schedule and decided it was quicker to walk home. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 197October 6, 2023 9:07 PM

How involved with each other were they?

She seemed distant and remote as he lay dying.

Hardly a “Jackie/Dallas” reaction to a loved one’s final minutes.

by Anonymousreply 198October 6, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote]I wonder if after seeing a potentially dangerous person walk by, they thought “we need to get up and walk behind him to how unbiased we are”,

Who exactly would they be impressing by doing that?

Hey, honey, let's follow that apparent criminal, maybe he'll kill one of us and we'll be all over the news tomorrow as non-racists!

by Anonymousreply 199October 6, 2023 9:12 PM

I think she was in shock and that she didn’t realize he had been stabbed at first.

by Anonymousreply 200October 6, 2023 9:15 PM

R171 yeah anyone dying a death like that is horrible but if you don't have basic human compassion for ALL people then you're not a compassionate person period.....once you celebrate death or have ill will to a certain group of people, you lose your compassionate and kind cred.

by Anonymousreply 201October 6, 2023 9:16 PM

R200, He was stabbed in the heart. Blood must have been gushing out of him like the Trevi Fountain.

by Anonymousreply 202October 6, 2023 9:19 PM

He was also doubled over R202.

by Anonymousreply 203October 6, 2023 9:37 PM

I won't judge the gf, unless you're in that horrible situation, it's hard to know how you would react.

by Anonymousreply 204October 6, 2023 9:40 PM

Perhaps he felt approaching him and talking to him would help calm him down. And it probably would have helped deescalate the situation in most cases, but not all. You never know how a stranger will act towards you in such a state of mind.

by Anonymousreply 205October 6, 2023 9:45 PM

Not only waiting for a bus can be dangerous but so can riding one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 6, 2023 10:09 PM

Posters fixated on the time and pace are missing the larger picture i think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 6, 2023 10:12 PM

(^.^) Time and place

Unsurprising development The maniac who went on a violent rampage starting at a Whole Foods across from Bryant Park on Thursday was busted at least eight previous times, most recently in late August, law-enforcement sources said Friday.:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 6, 2023 10:16 PM

Whole Foods’ prices would drive anyone berserk.

by Anonymousreply 209October 6, 2023 10:39 PM

The way he sounded and looked in the video, he seemed pretty fey to me. He and the "girlfriend" didn't strike me as very connected.

by Anonymousreply 210October 6, 2023 10:44 PM

from Nextdoor Neighbor:

As a lifetime New Yorker who cares deeply about my city, I find it personally difficult seeing day after day yet another good person brutally stabbed on ours and other New York City streets, shoved onto tracks, hit with a bullet or a skull fracturing object, raped, sexually assaulted, molested or just plain old assaulted, all with horrendous consequences, or in many cases horrific final moments and death. One such example was the recent murder of Ryan Carson. My heart aches for ALL of these victims. And then seeing nothing being done about any of it. Ordinary law-abiding citizens of NYC should demand more from our elected leaders and demand that they reverse any reckless policies that have enabled and fostered this lawless and chaotic environment, and it will only get worse if left unchecked.

AMEN

by Anonymousreply 211October 6, 2023 11:14 PM

A GoFundMe created by the 'working class' friends of murdered Brooklyn activist Ryan Carson has been branded an 'abhorrent' effort to profit from his death.

The fundraising effort, established initially with his girlfriend named as the beneficiary, is on behalf of a '𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞' of Carson's friends.

They have shot past a $20,000 target, raising more than $70,000 so that they can 'offset the costs of working class people taking time off of work to properly mourn.'

see r100

Critics have savaged what they believe is an opportunistic attempt to make money and are even paying the $5 minimum donation to leave a comment on the page.

One such opponent said 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 '𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒈𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉.' The comment - which has since been deleted - said it was nothing more than 'wretched theft' and that GoFundMe should be investigating the legitimacy of the fundraiser.

As critics began to speak out against it, the organizer, Tammie David Smith, removed negative comments questioning the effort from the page.

She has now deleted her social media accounts. David Smith did not respond to a request for comment from DailyMail.com.

Among complaints is that nowhere in the page is there a mention of Carson's family in Massachusetts. His parents are yet to comment publicly on their grief

--------------------------

𝐼𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠 𝑎 𝐶𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑦

by Anonymousreply 212October 6, 2023 11:55 PM

[quote]Not only waiting for a bus can be dangerous but so can riding one

A Tibetan woman was doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire while riding the bus to work in Toronto. She later died from her injuries in hospital. Her attacker was also Tibetan but did not know her. I assume he was mentally ill. Too many dangerous mentally ill people slipping through the cracks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 7, 2023 12:12 AM

NYC seems to be Schrödinger City. Crime really isn't this bad but also, who walks around at night, are you mad?

by Anonymousreply 214October 7, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote]Stay away from people acting strange. Don't assume they're harmless.

Exactly. If you see somebody acting crazy, you turn around and GTFO of there. No exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 215October 7, 2023 12:35 AM

That sounds contradictory R214 If crime really isn't all that bad you would be able to go out at night! I lived in NY from 1988-2006 and was all over the city at night. Chelsea, The EV, Upper West Side, Midtown and HK- Jackie 60 ,Universal Grill. 10th Avenue Lounge, The Limelight, The Tunnel, The Beacon Theater, The Empire Diner, Barracuda, Crobar, Wonderbar aka Eastern Block, Cake . . .

by Anonymousreply 216October 7, 2023 12:37 AM

No city in the world is all that safe at 4 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 217October 7, 2023 12:43 AM

Many people I worked with particularly those who traveled by subway to work didn't want to return to the office because they didn't feel safe, and they still are more cautious than ever before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 7, 2023 12:47 AM

There was a period after Covid when the city felt very dangerous. Less solid citizens on the street and more angry bums.That has gotten better. Crowds in the city make you safer, it’s empty streets that are dangerous.

I would describe NYC as more disorderly but not out of control.

by Anonymousreply 219October 7, 2023 1:00 AM

It was both brave and naive to engage with the perp. As a lifelong New Yorker I know to never engage with someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 220October 7, 2023 1:45 AM

[Quote] They have shot past a $20,000 target, raising more than $70,000 so that they can 'offset the costs of working class people taking time off of work to properly mourn.'

Why would they need to take time off from work other then to attend a wake or memorial service?

by Anonymousreply 221October 7, 2023 2:31 AM

[Quote]I would describe NYC as more disorderly but not out of control.

Not sure I agree.

“Three incidents in a two-and-a-half-hour span from noon to 2:30,” explained NYPD Chief John Chell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 7, 2023 3:19 AM

[quote]She seemed distant and remote as he lay dying.

You'd think she would have frantically told the woman who ran up and asked if the victim was okay to call 911. She just pointed in the direction the perpetrator ran and (almost angrily) told the woman to go back to him.

by Anonymousreply 223October 7, 2023 3:54 AM

I lived in NYC from late 1987 to late 2000. I was there through the end of Koch's reign, all through Dinkins, and Guiliani's first term+. I can tell you that in the mid '90s, I saw people being mugged in broad daylight. Tourists being thrown up against walls on matinee days and having their pockets torn out with switchblades. I still would walk home from work at 1am across town, and later from midtown west to the east village with no problems. I was on alert, but was never bothered.

Today, I wouldn't walk NYC if you paid me.

by Anonymousreply 224October 7, 2023 4:04 AM

Gentrification Rage. He saw a well-dressed white couple looking happy and relaxed in 'his neighborhood'. So he started vandalizing things.

by Anonymousreply 225October 7, 2023 4:09 AM

Such a primitive, savage people.

by Anonymousreply 226October 7, 2023 4:10 AM

"It was both brave and naive to engage with the perp"

They didn't 'engage'. He walked past them angry. They unfortunately rose up at that moment to continue walking. At that point he turned around and they froze. He charged at them aggressively and they retreated. The rest is murder.

by Anonymousreply 227October 7, 2023 4:13 AM

Has anyone heard that Bruce Vilanch is dead? Or maybe it is the hooker he hired to eat his ass that died by vomiting himself to death.

by Anonymousreply 228October 7, 2023 4:25 AM

R227, the perpetrator was probably angry because of an argument with his girlfriend. He walked up the street, past the couple, and started knocking over scooters. When the victim saw this, he tried to calm the perp down but instead he got angrier.

by Anonymousreply 229October 7, 2023 4:36 AM

[Quote]No city in the world is all that safe at 4 a.m.

NY isn't safe at 4pm

by Anonymousreply 230October 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Interesting how all the mainstream media still blacks out the "beloved social Justice advocate"s" self-admitted Antifa connection.

by Anonymousreply 231October 7, 2023 5:27 AM

Raised and educated in two blue collar Massachusetts cities. Brockton has a large black population where crime is a frequent issue.

“Carson was active in public policy advocacy on a range of issues, including climate change and harm reduction. He grew up in East Bridgewater and attended Cardinal Spellman High School in Brockton, Mass., where he was voted best personality.“

by Anonymousreply 232October 7, 2023 8:13 AM

Can we just come out and say what the problem is? And who are the problem?

by Anonymousreply 233October 7, 2023 8:22 AM

The attacker will report that he was driven into an insane rage by the victim's hair.

by Anonymousreply 234October 7, 2023 8:30 AM

He should have stayed and been a SJW in his hometown. Too small a town to feed his ego needs?

by Anonymousreply 235October 7, 2023 8:32 AM

Live by the pronoun die by the pronoun.

by Anonymousreply 236October 7, 2023 8:56 AM

What's the common denominator here? We all know what it is. American cities would be much better without these people.

They are barely human. They are not fit to be around other civilized humans

They are feral. And they keep reproducing. What are we, as a civilized society culture, going to do about these savages?

by Anonymousreply 237October 7, 2023 9:56 AM

Ryan Carson was a misguided soul but he was still a productive member of society. He tried to do good. He paid taxes. He tried to do the right thing.

And then that n----ger who should've been an abortion who did nothing but jack shit in his life but be a fucking street n---ger comes along an kills that fine young man,

American cities have an enormous n----ger problem.

Feral, animalistic n----gers.

You can take the n----gers out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the n----ers.

They will never change. Ever.

The rest of us just have to live with it. And make endless excuses about how these n---ers can't participate in civilized society.

by Anonymousreply 238October 7, 2023 10:04 AM

[quote]I lived in NYC from late 1987 to late 2000 ... I still would walk home from work at 1am across town, and later from midtown west to the east village with no problems.

[quote]Today, I wouldn't walk NYC if you paid me.

This attitude has to do with you being older now more than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 239October 7, 2023 10:45 AM

R239, Older and wiser.

by Anonymousreply 240October 7, 2023 11:23 AM

[quote]Can we just come out and say what the problem is? And who are the problem?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 7, 2023 11:31 AM

[quote]Exactly. If you see somebody acting crazy, you turn around and GTFO of there. No exceptions.

But these people -- and I use that word loosely -- are not always easy to avoid. Sometimes they lunge at their victims quickly and unexpectedly. I was in midtown Manhattan the night after Ryan Carson was killed, and there was some deranged black man walking around in the pre-theater crowds ranting about racism and yelling at people -- including me -- not to "look" at him. Fortunately, I was able to keep walking quickly and evade him, but other people might not have been able to do so.

P.S. This happened about a block away from where, several months ago, I was walking down 46th Street with a bouquet of flowers that I was going to deliver to a friend, and the flowers were knocked out of my hand by a black guy who apparently didn't like the fact that I was a white guy carrying a bouquet of flowers.

by Anonymousreply 242October 7, 2023 2:38 PM

Has Datalounge really gotten to the point where R238 can post such frightening racist crap and no one cares?

by Anonymousreply 243October 7, 2023 2:43 PM

R243 I I blocked them, I am sure many others have too, there is no point in engaging.

by Anonymousreply 244October 7, 2023 2:51 PM

[quote] This attitude has to do with you being older now more than anything else.

Maybe, or partially. I can tell you that since I moved away, I have been back dozens of times for both work and leisure, the most recent was 2022. Pre-pandemic I walked everywhere night and day (though I was not out til 4am, maybe midnight, tops) with no issue and no worries. I'm due to go back early next year for work and it's the first time I think I'll be wary about doing so because of the nearly everyday stories about people being attacked.

I will say that I have not taken a subway since the pandemic and never will again. Way too many loons on there now. If I can't walk it or take a car, forget it. The last two trips, I had it written into my agreement that my lodgings would be within 10 blocks of location so I could walk no problem, even in the rain. And I have a car pick me up from the airport and take me there. No more subways. I also started doing AirBnB's but now that they've cracked down on them, I guess I can only do that if I'm there 30 days or more.

by Anonymousreply 245October 7, 2023 4:16 PM

R245, you are right to protect yourself. But I take the subway frequently in Manhattan and it has retuned to relative safety. There are crazies about but during daytime hours you will see families, school kids, business people, etc. I think you are letting your fears take over. I recommend one short subway ride during rush hour to overcome it.

by Anonymousreply 246October 7, 2023 4:53 PM

I understand the stories of crime are scary. But there about 3 million subway rides daily just to put things into perspective. Of course 4am in parts of Brooklyn would probably be a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 247October 7, 2023 4:58 PM

R247, Especially if you are white, well dressed and you probably have a few drinks in you having come from a wedding.

by Anonymousreply 248October 7, 2023 5:01 PM

[Quote]Can we just come out and say what the problem is? And who are the problem?

There are users (or maybe just one?) here who madly FF any point of view they consider 'racist' in order to block future posting. Not much discussion possible.

by Anonymousreply 249October 7, 2023 5:28 PM

We all know what the problem is.

by Anonymousreply 250October 7, 2023 5:32 PM

Agree with r246. I take the subway everyday (in Manhattan - just to be specific) and haven’t had any incidents.

Do whatever makes you feel comfortable though r245.

by Anonymousreply 251October 7, 2023 5:33 PM

[quote]I will say that I have not taken a subway since the pandemic and never will again. Way too many loons on there now. If I can't walk it or take a car, forget it.

That's not uncommon on public transit almost everywhere now. For the pandemic, and lots of time after it, the loons basically had free range on transit. They're not giving it back. It's warm and dry, if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 252October 7, 2023 5:34 PM

[Quote] This attitude has to do with you being older now more than anything else.

Crime is an age-old problem, but this has nothing to do with one's age.

by Anonymousreply 253October 7, 2023 5:35 PM

This is a sad and tragic event. Dude was not a looker despite what someone upthread said. Still, RIP, young man.

by Anonymousreply 254October 7, 2023 5:37 PM

R254, No, he was definitely not a looker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 7, 2023 5:44 PM

His last words were “Chill, chill . . .”

by Anonymousreply 256October 7, 2023 5:46 PM

[Quote]This attitude has to do with you being older now more than anything else.

or perhaps being female

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 7, 2023 6:29 PM

[quote]They also said the victim's girlfriend did not pick Dowling out of a photo array she was shown.

Too bad she can't be prosecuted for obstruction, or as the English say, perverting the course of justice.

by Anonymousreply 258October 7, 2023 6:32 PM

Is this story even real? We've never heard of this.

by Anonymousreply 259October 7, 2023 6:58 PM

Most violent crimes are intra-race.

That means that the biggest victims of violent black people are other black people.

Who do these do-gooders think they're protecting when they excuse, don't report, or refuse to punish violent crimes by unhinged black men?

They are setting these predators loose back in their own communities, and it's other black people that are most likely to suffer. Especially women and children, always the most likely victims of rageful, violent men.

This is called progressivism. This is called compassion.

by Anonymousreply 260October 7, 2023 6:58 PM

Everyone can see that almost all of this crime is being committed by blacks. It's time for the police to go back to profiling blacks, stop and frisk them on the streets, and question them and view them with suspicion. If some law-abiding people are inconvenienced, too bad. It's time for the black community to take some responsibility for itself and the outrageous amounts of crime and dysfunction they cause in society. It's too late to keep blaming everything on whitey...get your own shit in order.

by Anonymousreply 261October 7, 2023 7:02 PM

Has Al Sharpton commented or visited the family?

by Anonymousreply 262October 7, 2023 7:05 PM

The world is scary and risky enough. Do we have to do stunts like climb Mt. Everest, lean over the Grand Canyon for a selfie and... walk through the 'hood at 4am?

by Anonymousreply 263October 7, 2023 7:37 PM

[quote]Has Al Sharpton commented or visited the family?

Did a black thug get killed by police while resisting arrest in the midst of committing a crime? Then no, MSNBC's Race-Baiter-In-Chief Al Sharpton hasn't commented.

by Anonymousreply 264October 7, 2023 7:49 PM

Will Sunny Hostin and the ladies of The View which broadcasts from NYC ever discuss this?

by Anonymousreply 265October 7, 2023 8:01 PM

(^.^) an if they do will they go for days about it as they did with the story of "The Central Park Karen"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 7, 2023 8:22 PM

and if they do will they go on . ..^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 7, 2023 8:23 PM

I wished there were some way to contact Carson, to ask him, “Now that you died the way you did, are you able to look back and see how incredibly dopey your views were?”

by Anonymousreply 268October 7, 2023 8:23 PM

No, R265, just like they won't discuss the rape and murder of Pava Lapere or Josh Kruger. How anyone can watch that shit show is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 269October 7, 2023 8:24 PM

I take the MTA subway daily with no issue.

by Anonymousreply 270October 7, 2023 8:51 PM

If Sunny Hostin doesn’t feel the need to have a talk with Gabriel and Paloma about this murder, this will not be discussed on The View.

by Anonymousreply 271October 7, 2023 9:22 PM

Sunny is too occupied with her new favorite show, “Naked Attraction” On MAX.

She’s obsessed with it, mentions it repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 272October 7, 2023 9:27 PM

[quote]The attacker will report that he was driven into an insane rage by the victim's hair.

I don't blame him.

by Anonymousreply 273October 7, 2023 9:55 PM

R268, that's what the socials of his family and friends are for. I always like to start with the comments of the online obituary. Really measures the response and definite next stop factory!

by Anonymousreply 274October 7, 2023 9:58 PM

I'm reminded of Mad Men when in Season 6 or 7 Peggy had a social justice-y journalist boyfriend who was stabbed by a mugger or something and he refused to report it to the police because the perpetrator was puerto rican. This was the late 60's....granted it's fiction but it's crazy how nothing changes. Even progressive democrat RFK/JFK loving Peggy thought it was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 275October 7, 2023 10:30 PM

That's so funny I forgot to laugh, R273

by Anonymousreply 276October 8, 2023 12:24 AM

[Quote] I take the MTA subway daily with no issue.

Some people used to feel that way about Whole Foods

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277October 8, 2023 1:05 AM

[quote]I take the MTA subway daily with no issue.

1) What the fuck do you think that proves?

2) You are tempting fate by making such a statement. I think you'd better be extra careful during your subway trips next week....

by Anonymousreply 278October 8, 2023 3:18 AM

Police say it all started as a shouting match before it escalated to the slashing. People in NY are armed and dangerous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 8, 2023 3:26 AM

Bummer how this guy used a blade and not a gun. The bastard robbed us of an opportunity to blame the NRA.

by Anonymousreply 280October 8, 2023 5:17 AM

(^.^) New Yorkers seem to favor blades, bottles and batons

by Anonymousreply 281October 8, 2023 7:22 AM

R280, Cleanups are a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 282October 8, 2023 9:15 AM

The inmates have taken over

Four men yelled anti-gay comments before punching and kicking the victim in the head near West 17th Street and Ninth Avenue in Chelsea at around 10:15 p.m. on Sept. 15, according to the NYPD. The man was left with a broken jaw and cuts on the head and hands, police said. He was treated at the hospital for his injuries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 8, 2023 4:26 PM

R283 Notice a pattern? There is something similar with all these incidents, mhmm what is it? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 284October 8, 2023 4:28 PM

R283 these are obviously Young Scholars, maybe he stole their library cards.

by Anonymousreply 285October 8, 2023 4:29 PM

The incident described in the news item at R283 occurred on September 15, so why was the item not posted until October 8?

by Anonymousreply 286October 8, 2023 4:44 PM

Has Whoopi and the other hags even mentioned this?

by Anonymousreply 287October 8, 2023 4:46 PM

R286 No clue. The NY Post also reported on it today. New news to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288October 8, 2023 4:49 PM

Fucking savages

by Anonymousreply 289October 8, 2023 6:06 PM

Well, New York DLers were always moaning about the gritty, dangerous NY of before, so this is working out quite well for them.

by Anonymousreply 290October 8, 2023 6:12 PM

All together now . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 8, 2023 6:23 PM

Bet you wish Ghouliani was still mayor.

by Anonymousreply 292October 8, 2023 6:36 PM

R284, the pattern is obvious. All of these vicious and unprovoked attacks are the result of white supremacy. And that's final. And there will be no further discussion of this, citizen.

by Anonymousreply 293October 8, 2023 7:00 PM

In 2023 Rudy is long past his sale date but NYC needs somebody of his 1994 type to rescue the city

by Anonymousreply 294October 8, 2023 7:03 PM

R293 the insane thing is that the social justice advocate who was gored on the sidewalk would have agreed with this sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 295October 8, 2023 7:04 PM

R287, Whoopi said it's not murder murder.

by Anonymousreply 296October 8, 2023 7:21 PM

[quote]In 2023 Rudy is long past his sale date but NYC needs somebody of his 1994 type to rescue the city

Only people who want to prevent crime and protect innocent people would wish that.

by Anonymousreply 297October 8, 2023 7:21 PM

In mostly black neighborhoods black people are openly hostile to any white guy they see.

Spare me the shrieking, I'm talking from years of experience.

by Anonymousreply 298October 8, 2023 8:14 PM

In 2023 Rudy is long past his sale date but NYC needs somebody of his 1994 type to rescue the city

I lived in NY before, during and after Rudy was mayor. (1988-2006} In his 2 terms he improved the city and made it safer and tourist friendly. The previous 1 term mayor was Dinkins who was ineffectual. During his term I heard people say they were leaving NY if things didn't improve.

by Anonymousreply 299October 8, 2023 8:18 PM

Wrong. NYC was already improving under Dinkins tenure. In fact crime was improving in most major cities nationally due to improved economic situation. The economic situation is the primary factor in crime.

by Anonymousreply 300October 8, 2023 8:22 PM

NYC was at its worst when Koch was mayor.

by Anonymousreply 301October 8, 2023 8:24 PM

NYC was at its worst during Abe Beame in the mid 1970s. Koch was better l, mostly by default, and many of the changes made during the 1980s led to the improvements of the 1990s..

by Anonymousreply 302October 8, 2023 8:29 PM

What turned NYC around was the “broken windows” policy of policing. Once you stop prosecuting people for the smaller crimes like shoplifting, fare jumping, trespassing etc. you create a lawless environment.

by Anonymousreply 303October 8, 2023 8:44 PM

[quote] Stay in the suburbs and work with self sufficient people. Problem solved.

Self Sufficient? LMFAO Ordering from Amazon and shopping at Costco is not self sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 304October 8, 2023 8:58 PM

[quote] Wrong. NYC was already improving under Dinkins tenure. In fact crime was improving in most major cities nationally due to improved economic situation. The economic situation is the primary factor in crime.

It's always fun to see someone tell people who actually lived in the city how the city was.

by Anonymousreply 305October 8, 2023 9:01 PM

I think he was oddly cute, hair and all!

by Anonymousreply 306October 8, 2023 10:47 PM

To echo R298, I've lived in NYC my whole life, I've been insulted, harassed, robbed, and assaulted only by blacks. A Puerto Rican friend and his White partner lived in Flatbush in HASA housing, they had to request a new apartment out of that neighborhood because of all the outright hostility. The same thing happened to another White friend in that neighborhood who was living there with his Caribbean GF. They eventually moved. This is reality.

by Anonymousreply 307October 8, 2023 10:56 PM

His hair style was just thick curly bangs?

by Anonymousreply 308October 8, 2023 11:10 PM

R103, Steven Leavitt says that the crime reduction is NY was actually due to abortion becoming legal and available. Generations of criminals were aborted before they could wreak havoc.

by Anonymousreply 309October 8, 2023 11:12 PM

Not that Steven Leavitt is the word on anything necessarily, but an interesting idea.

by Anonymousreply 310October 8, 2023 11:23 PM

Sorry R103, that R should have been to R303 ^

by Anonymousreply 311October 8, 2023 11:29 PM

[quote]Steven Leavitt says that the crime reduction is NY was actually due to abortion becoming legal and available.

This claim has been debunked many times. It simply isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 312October 8, 2023 11:38 PM

[Quote] Wrong. NYC was already improving under Dinkins tenure. In fact crime was improving in most major cities nationally due to improved economic situation. The economic situation is the primary factor in crime.

Well, those who voted didn't see it that way apparently and after 1 term Dinkins was out. Koch and Bloomberg served 3 terms each.

by Anonymousreply 313October 9, 2023 1:01 AM

Yes, the improvement of the economy had little to do with Dinkins. A lot of the city agreements with major corporations and the rezoning were already done under Dinkins. Many of the changes that we saw during Giuliani's terms were already in motion, especially the Disney-fication of the Times Square district.

by Anonymousreply 314October 9, 2023 1:44 AM

It was the elimination of crime that revived the NYC economy not the other way around. We have the opposite going on today. Out of control crimes leads to stores closing. A local economy can be in good shape but crime can destroy it.

by Anonymousreply 315October 9, 2023 2:07 AM

Black Yoofs

by Anonymousreply 316October 9, 2023 2:09 AM

I saw the video again and realized that White Savior Ryan actually approached the kid as the kid is kicking things, clearly out of control. What an arrogant idiot!

by Anonymousreply 317October 9, 2023 2:14 AM

[quote] Many of the changes that we saw during Giuliani's terms were already in motion, especially the Disney-fication of the Times Square district.

No they weren't. Are you just making stuff up?

by Anonymousreply 318October 9, 2023 2:36 AM

R318 I don't make shit up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319October 9, 2023 2:40 AM

That article is one man making claims after Dinkins' death. If any of it was true, it would have been publicized to the hilt during Dinkins' re-election bid.

Again, take it from people who lived there. As much as I hate to give Guiliani any credit (and as far as I'm concerned, his deal with Disney did the city little favors), Dinkins didn't do shit as Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 320October 9, 2023 2:49 AM

Crime was falling in NY before Rudy took office, it was a trend that continued under him. And everywhere else.

That's the thing, this was a national trend not specific to NY. Crime across America started falling in the 90s and 2000s.

It's almost always national trends. Crime started creeping up during covid in NY and everywhere else, and has gone down as life returned to normal.

Still the modern era has been an exceptionally safe time in America's history.

Many people have their own theories for why crime fell in America. There is some interesting writing about decreasing exposure to lead. But no one could say for sure.

by Anonymousreply 321October 9, 2023 3:09 AM

[quote] In his 2 terms he improved the city and made it safer and tourist friendly.

And progressives have hated him for it ever since.

by Anonymousreply 322October 9, 2023 4:55 AM

R312, There’s no possible way it could be debunked.

by Anonymousreply 323October 9, 2023 5:34 AM

Gangs of New York

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324October 9, 2023 7:00 AM

[quote]That's the thing, this was a national trend not specific to NY. Crime across America started falling in the 90s and 2000s.

Again, it correlates directly with legal abortion becoming widely available in 1973. A whole generation of criminals was prevented from being born.

by Anonymousreply 325October 9, 2023 10:55 AM

[quote]I saw the video again and realized that White Savior Ryan actually approached the kid as the kid is kicking things, clearly out of control. What an arrogant idiot!

Yeah, let's just normalize this criminal by calling him a kid.

by Anonymousreply 326October 9, 2023 11:48 AM

True, point taken, R326.

-Original Poster

by Anonymousreply 327October 9, 2023 12:00 PM

[quote] legal abortion becoming widely available in 1973. A whole generation of criminals was prevented from being born.

Probably a valid point but one pro abortion advocates never seemed to want to make in their arguments.

About 40% of women who get abortions in the U.S. are Black

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328October 9, 2023 1:47 PM

R328, On the other hand, those choosing not to abort added to the welfare rolls and received additional benefits for each crotch dropping.

by Anonymousreply 329October 9, 2023 1:52 PM

[quote]It was the elimination of crime that revived the NYC economy not the other way around. We have the opposite going on today. Out of control crimes leads to stores closing. A local economy can be in good shape but crime can destroy it.

I don't know about that. If the stock market is going up and the values of sharing is increasing, then the economy will do well. The common pattern seems to be that you have a recession roughly once every 10 years.

The problem with widespread shoplifting these days has a specific cause, ie it's become common knowledge that if you steal, store employees and the security guard probably won't try to stop you as you leave. Stealing with no consequences. Plus you have certain states where people who steal below a certain amount won't even be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 330October 9, 2023 2:36 PM

Think about it - if this is all or mostly economics, then if the economy is as good as it is right now - and it cranked out 334,000 jobs last month - how fucked are we once the economy sinks?

by Anonymousreply 331October 9, 2023 3:09 PM

[Quote] Self Sufficient? LMFAO Ordering from Amazon and shopping at Costco is not self sufficient.

compared to smash and grabs at Walgreens and Target it sure is.

by Anonymousreply 332October 9, 2023 3:16 PM

For future reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333October 9, 2023 8:54 PM

Very satisfying, R333. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 334October 9, 2023 9:44 PM

Too bad that doesn't happen all the time, R333.

by Anonymousreply 335October 9, 2023 9:46 PM

I wonder if the guy who beat up the knife wielding man is ex-military or ex-cop.

by Anonymousreply 336October 9, 2023 9:53 PM

His trash hipster friends are being SLAUGHTERED online over their awful GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 337October 9, 2023 10:36 PM

Link please, R337.

by Anonymousreply 338October 9, 2023 10:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339October 9, 2023 10:40 PM

Reddit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340October 9, 2023 10:41 PM

I do think it is ridiculous the way people profit off every story. Why does their friend getting murdered mean they need to raise 60k and counting. Everyone these days looks at everything as chance to cash in.

by Anonymousreply 341October 9, 2023 11:05 PM

I'm very sorry this poor man died, but WTF was he thinking going over to a person who was obviously crazy and trying to engage with him? If you see somebody acting like a nutcase in public, you run in the other direction.

Some people have no common sense or street smarts at all.

by Anonymousreply 342October 9, 2023 11:07 PM

I don't really get the intense outrage over the GoFundMe. It's very upfront about its purported reasons for being, so anyone who donates to it knows exactly what they are donating towards. It's not a bait and switch.

It's a bit gauche and undignified, but what isn't these days?

by Anonymousreply 343October 9, 2023 11:07 PM

R342 The weirdest parts of the death video:

1) He and his girlfriend walked TOWARD the crazy guy, and then didn't run away when he became agitated and threatening

2) After the kid stabbed the victim, and he's lying on the pavement lifeless and silent, the girlfriend just stands there in her ball gown looking up and down the street, like she's waiting for a Lyft. She doesn't scream. She doesn't chase after the killer. She doesn't get out her phone. She doesn't even kneel to touch her dying boyfriend. She just stands there in a Gen Z stupor, as if a body could say "Whuuuuut?"

by Anonymousreply 344October 9, 2023 11:10 PM

Is there really video? And a guy like that dating a girl with a ballgown?

by Anonymousreply 345October 9, 2023 11:18 PM

R344, This is how it’s done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346October 9, 2023 11:35 PM

R345 Check the video at the DailyMail link above.

by Anonymousreply 347October 10, 2023 12:26 AM

I didn’t see a knife in the video at R333 and the guy looks very awkward, to me. At one point it almost looks like he’s slapping the guy with loose wrists. I think the other guy was just even more pathetic. I was expecting to see a guy with a machete knocked out with a punch.

But WTF do I know? I can’t see very well on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 348October 10, 2023 10:10 AM

There is no mention of the girlfriend in the obituary. I imagine she will find comfort in the nearly $73,000 raised by the GoFundMe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349October 10, 2023 10:50 AM

R348, After the victim trips over the bench and falls to the ground, you can clearly see the culprit reach into a back pocket for the knife.

by Anonymousreply 350October 10, 2023 10:50 AM

R320 exactly. The article at R319 is progressives rewriting history. Again.

by Anonymousreply 351October 10, 2023 10:58 AM

I guess things are worse than I thought - I don’t see a bench.

by Anonymousreply 352October 10, 2023 10:58 AM

R349, He was an only child, but had a shitload of cousins.

I wonder just how involved he was with the girlfriend.

She may have just been a friend who happened to be female and he wanted/needed a plus one for the wedding.

She surely did not react at the scene like someone romantically involved with the bleeding out victim.

by Anonymousreply 353October 10, 2023 10:59 AM

R352, Sorry, I thought you were referring to the murder at the bus stop video.

by Anonymousreply 354October 10, 2023 11:03 AM

[quote] I didn’t see a knife in the video at [R333] and the guy looks very awkward, to me

The knife being seen or unseen is lesser critical evidence than the fatal cuts in Mr Antifa Progressive

by Anonymousreply 355October 10, 2023 11:03 AM

[quote]After the kid stabbed the victim, and he's lying on the pavement lifeless and silent, the girlfriend just stands there in her ball gown looking up and down the street, like she's waiting for a Lyft. She doesn't scream. She doesn't chase after the killer. She doesn't get out her phone. She doesn't even kneel to touch her dying boyfriend. She just stands there in a Gen Z stupor, as if a body could say "Whuuuuut?"

First of all, the stabber was 19, not a kid.

Also, she was probably too stunned to realize that everything negative she had heard about black people was true and was trying to process it, but at the same time, her immense white guilt was overwhelming her, too.

A conundrum.

by Anonymousreply 356October 10, 2023 11:03 AM

R356, She also failed to identify the killer when questioned by the NYPD.

by Anonymousreply 357October 10, 2023 11:07 AM

It’s incredibly disrespectful to the family, R343. Think about how devastated his parents must have been, and they they read about his grifter “friends” profiting off his death?

I wonder if the extremely long obituary and long list of names is a result of the family wanting to take back control of his legacy in some small way.

by Anonymousreply 358October 10, 2023 11:14 AM

Wow. Seven people donated $1000 to the GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 359October 10, 2023 12:29 PM

Frequently Antifa supporters are subsidized by well to do families and trust funds.

by Anonymousreply 360October 10, 2023 1:05 PM

This may or may not be legit, but someone who claims to have served with Ryan’s father in the Mass National Guard started a fundraiser for a scholarship fund for disadvantaged kids attending the high school Ryan attended.

The fund created four days ago, has raised $2,150.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361October 10, 2023 4:21 PM

I am sure people prefer to contribute to supporting the grief of his indolent collectivists.

by Anonymousreply 362October 10, 2023 4:26 PM

The girlfriend is a frosty little thing.

If my loved one ever has to watch ME get stabbed to death in the street, I expect theatrics - Nothing less than Demi Moore in "Ghost."

by Anonymousreply 363October 10, 2023 8:29 PM

R337 totally agree and responded so at R221

by Anonymousreply 364October 10, 2023 9:13 PM

Not really safe anywhere in NYC anytime-anyplace. I used to work on 46th Street between 5th and Sixth Avenue

Police released surveillance footage of a man sought for opening fire on a Midtown street Wednesday night.

Just before 8 p.m. the suspect was in front of 114 West 46th St., running eastbound on West 46th Street towards Sixth Avenue when he turned and discharged a firearm toward an unknown intended target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 20, 2023 1:49 AM

Those people are just out of control.

by Anonymousreply 366October 20, 2023 2:03 AM

Every time I see this thread appear again I'm reminded how the story and thread opener HAD to make it about the fucking girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 367October 20, 2023 2:05 AM

Normally the Broccoli Perm defends +5 when it comes to blade attacks

by Anonymousreply 368October 20, 2023 2:14 AM

53rd/Lex 1:30PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369October 20, 2023 6:04 PM

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with black people? It's always blacks doing this shit. Always.

by Anonymousreply 370October 20, 2023 6:10 PM

53rd/5th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 20, 2023 6:21 PM

This isn't the pervy one, right? This is the one with the grifting mourners?

by Anonymousreply 372October 20, 2023 6:22 PM

R371 He'll be out on release in three days.

by Anonymousreply 373October 20, 2023 6:33 PM

[Quote] Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with black people? It's always blacks doing this shit. Always.

the root cause is white supremacy

by Anonymousreply 374October 20, 2023 8:47 PM

R372 Correct. Frosty idiot girlfriend and grifter shit friends. The skeezy dead activist has no such grift, but he does have a much dirtier backstory. Bless This Meth.

by Anonymousreply 375October 21, 2023 12:36 AM

R361 You are absolutely correct. The fund raiser for the high school is the Cardinal Spellman High School. His obituary refers to his catholic faith. Faith in Action.

by Anonymousreply 376October 21, 2023 1:28 AM

Poor guy. When are people going to learn to MYOB? Somebody's kicking over motorcycles? Walk across the street.

by Anonymousreply 377October 21, 2023 10:46 AM

R377, Especially at 4:00 AM.

by Anonymousreply 378October 21, 2023 10:59 AM

on Malcolm X Boulevard

by Anonymousreply 379October 21, 2023 8:30 PM

Malcom X Blvd and Dr. MLK Jr. Blvd are always two no go zones in ever city in America if your not black.

by Anonymousreply 380October 21, 2023 10:03 PM

Can you at the very least run a spell check?

by Anonymousreply 381October 22, 2023 6:14 AM

R380 Correct. And I'm Black.

by Anonymousreply 382October 22, 2023 10:53 AM

R380 and R382 are lying bullshitters.

by Anonymousreply 383October 22, 2023 11:10 AM

I’ll make one point about the Go Fund a scholarship —it’s for his high school, Cardinal Spellman of Brockton, Mass. I can guarantee that 99.9% of New Yorkers would have assumed it was intended for the far better known Cardinal Spellman HS in THE BRONX.

by Anonymousreply 384October 22, 2023 11:23 AM

R384 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385October 22, 2023 11:31 AM

Yes I know who he was.

by Anonymousreply 386October 22, 2023 11:37 AM

R383 Nahhh, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 387October 23, 2023 10:12 AM

You do not have a clue about MLK Blvd. in LA.. Bigot.

by Anonymousreply 388October 23, 2023 10:51 AM

[quote]Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with black people? It's always blacks doing this shit. Always.

In other news:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 26, 2023 5:59 AM

R389, Black people don’t live in Maine, silly.

by Anonymousreply 390October 26, 2023 6:24 AM

Shoulda stayed in Provincetown or which other hipster enclave that birthed him.

by Anonymousreply 391October 26, 2023 9:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!