Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is 77 year old Cher getting engaged to her 37 year old Boy Toy?

Cher's relationship with Alexander “A.E.” Edwards seems to be heating back up. On December 25, 2022, the musical icon shared a photo on Twitter of a giant diamond ring in a pear shape being held by Edwards, displaying the jewelry box and his flame manicure design.

“THERE R NO WORDS,” Cher wrote in the caption, adding, “ALEXANDER, A.E.”

It seemed like an engagement is being strongly implied here, but a few hours later, Cher posted the pic again, saying coyly that she posted it “cause his nails are so cool.”

In May 2023, TMZ reported that the couple broke up weeks before after six months of dating and were never even engaged. Then, in mid-September 2023, they were reported to be exploring their relationship again.

Given all that history, here’s what is known about Edwards.

Who is Alexander “A.E.” Edwards?

Edwards is the VP of A&R at Def Jam Records, and is known for his relationship with model and reality star Amber Rose. He and Rose got together in 2018, and had a son in 2019, who they named Slash Electric Alexander Edwards. They broke up in 2021.

What is his current relationship status with Cher?

Us Weekly reported on September 18, 2023 that they were exploring reconciliation. “They had stayed in communication even though they called things off a few months ago,” the source said. “They’ve reached a point where they want to give things a second try. They’re not officially back together yet, but they’re enjoying spending time together again and they make each other happy.” The pair was photographed out together days before, on September 15.

Then, during Paris Fashion Week, they made several appearances out together in the city. On Friday, September 28, they arrived at the Costes Hotel together in coordinated ensembles. Cher was wearing black leather over a matching satin dress. Edwards sported a black tuxedo jacket, over a white button-down, and he also had platinum locks. That same day they were photographed at the Givenchy show, again coordinated in black.

On Sunday, October 1, they were seen arriving together at the Valentino show, this time with Cher wearing her hair black.

Cher started tweeting about Edwards in November 2022, sharing heart emojis and pics of him to her fans. They were spotted holding hand in Los Angeles that same month. The 77-year-old singer and 37-year-old artist apparently met in September 2022 at Paris Fashion Week.

How did their romance start?

Cher said in a tweet that Edwards approached her.

“He’s 36 & In End He Came after me,Till we met in the middle.He’s Consistent one,I’m The Skittish one. We love each other…. LADIES NEVER GIVE UP,” she wrote.

Later, she discussed their relationship on The Kelly Clarkson Show, addressing the age gap.

“On paper it’s kind of ridiculous but in real life we get along great,” she said. “He’s fabulous, and I don’t give men qualities that they don’t deserve. But he’s very kind, he’s very smart. He’s very talented and he’s really funny so, and I think he’s quite handsome.”

She added, “If I hadn’t met younger men in my life I would’ve never had a date...Older men just didn’t like me all that much.... Younger men don’t care if you’re, you know, funny or outrageous and want to do stupid things and you have a strong personality. I’m not giving up my personality for anybody.”

When and why did Edwards and Cher first break up?

Sources close to the couple told TMZ on May 1, 2023 that Cher and Edwards broke up quietly weeks before. The exact reason wasn’t disclosed, but the sources revealed they were never actually engaged. Edwards had just gotten Cher a diamond ring for the holidays, and they went along with engagement speculation for fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2023 9:53 PM

Good for her. Be happy, darling!

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2023 10:47 PM

Cher looks great after her glam squad spends hours working on her, but I definitely wouldn't want to wake up next to her without all the bells and whistles.

The horror!

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2023 10:54 PM

Dry cooter.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2023 10:59 PM

Cher may have a temporary boy toy, but she ain't marrying him.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Good for her. Do you know how many old rich men raisins are hooking up with girls old enough to be their granddaughters? I’m speaking to you, Dane Cook.

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2023 12:11 AM

Disappointed in Cher

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2023 12:18 AM

Cher has always gone after younger men. She’s been very open that men her own age want someone younger.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2023 12:21 AM

She could do better. He is not cute enough to qualify as a boy toy to me but maybe he has other charms.

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2023 12:29 AM

Seeing Cher wearing black leather and a white-blonde wig at 77 while clinging to her 40-years-younger whatever with his "flames" manicure makes me feel sad for her.

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2023 12:30 AM

♫If she could turn back time, if she could find a way....♫

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2023 12:34 AM

He's a walker. Big deal. Let her have some attention and physical contact and support. Doubt he's dicking her down.

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2023 1:09 AM

That bitch!

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2023 1:10 AM

The boyfriend looks trashy.

Cher...I love you, but goddammit, lose the trashy boyfriend and the nose piercing.

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2023 6:07 AM

What does Chad have to say?

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2023 6:24 AM

That's not a boyfriend that's a minder.

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2023 6:24 AM

[quote] That's not a boyfriend that's a minder.

Lol.

He works at "A Place For Mom."

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2023 6:31 AM

Her cooter may be dry, but I bet her asshole is as juicy and wet as ever, especially after a Taco Bell night!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2023 6:43 AM

Do you believe in life after love?

I do.

Because I'm getting DICKED DOWN by a BBC!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2023 6:48 AM

I just hope that this guy won't be Cher's Waterloo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2023 6:56 AM

I thought they broke up? I know her friends did not care for him and thought he was using her… I say if she happy that is all that matters! I love Cher.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2023 6:59 AM

Interesting…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2023 7:33 AM

Rumor has it that Cher is pregnant and doesn’t want her child growing up without its father. Obviously, at 175 years old, Cher won’t be around after the birth, so she wants her unborn child to have at least one parent in its life.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2023 8:10 AM

She's probably knocked up...she's a WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2023 12:58 PM

Does he have Pete Davidson sized Sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2023 4:32 PM

R22 how can she be pregnant? At her age she has already been through menopause, right? I’m confused?

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2023 7:01 PM

Hmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2023 7:04 PM

This too, shall pass, most likely sooner than later..

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2023 8:50 PM

Do you think they have sex?

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2023 2:01 PM

[quote] Cher reveals what it's like to date much younger boyfriend Alexander Edwards: 'He just started texting me'

At 77, Cher knows a thing or two about how to navigate the dating world. But the legendary music star says that despite having some of the most high-profile romances in celebrity history, she's managed to avoid severe bouts of heartbreak thanks to one secret.

In an appearance on an episode of Amelia Dimoldenberg’s YouTube interview series Chicken Shop Date, the Oscar winner revealed why she believes she has avoided getting her heart broken.

"I'm cute," Cher replied, smiling.

Cher was previously married to Sonny Bono from 1964 to 1975, followed by Allman Brothers Band musician Gregg Allman from 1975 to 1979. Despite dating stars like Tom Cruise and Richie Sambora in the past, Cher believes she had been pretty lucky in the heartbreak department.

"I haven't had my heart broken very many times," Cher explained. "Almost none."

But if she has any advice for women of today, Cher gave one pearl of wisdom: "Go out with a younger man," she noted.

That's exactly what Cher is doing, as she is currently dating singer Alexander Edwards, 37. The couple was first spotted together holding hands in November of 2022, People reported.

“I left to go to Switzerland and he texted me, ‘Where are you going?’ I said “I’m going to Switzerland. I’m a little tired,’ and then he wrote me, ‘Well, get some rest, babyyy,’ with three Ys,” Cher told Dimoldenberg. “And I’m like, ‘He doesn’t know me well enough to put three Ys on baby.’ I was kind of pissed off. And then he just started texting me.”

The singer went on to say that she advised her friends never to fall in love with a younger man, since "we're too old. And don’t fall in love by text," But ultimately, she couldn't resist. "There goes that theory.”

The podcast wasn't the first time Cher has reflected on how younger men tend to jive better with her strong sense of self. During an appearance on The Kelly Clarkson Show last year, she said, "If I hadn't met younger men in my life, I would have never had a date, because older men just didn't like me much. I have had a couple of boyfriends who were hovering about my age, but they just didn't like me for some reason."

The "Believe" icon reminded Clarkson that when it comes to dating, she's "not giving up my personality for anybody." While she joked that her relationship with Edwards is "ridiculous" on paper, she added, "in real life... he's fabulous."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Except for having a child with drug addict Greg Allman, Cher seems pretty savvy with men. You never hear about her getting financially fleeced, etc. She's not young, but she still is vibrant and has lust for life. Let her live and enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2023 9:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!