Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Senate Dress Code Loosened to Allow Shorts, Hoodies on the Senate Floor

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer reportedly loosened the rules in order to allow Senator John Fetterman (D-PA) to vote in his customary attire of hoodies, basketball shorts, and Carhartt work shirts. Until now, Senator Fetterman has had to vote from an open doorway. He didn't want to break the rules, but he also didn't want to buy a suit.

What say ye, fashion queens?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 3, 2023 2:07 AM

Republicans are united in their response

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2023 6:54 PM

Fetterman would be well dressed on most airplanes if his hoody in freshly washed.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2023 6:58 PM

He knew what proper attire for the Senate floor was when he was campaigning to be elected.

If he's not willing to adhere to the rules of the Senate, he shouldn't have applied for the job.

Senate shouldn't change its rules to accommodate him.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2023 7:00 PM

What a fucking douche bag. This will make us a laughing stock once everyone starts to wear trashy clothes on the floor. Idiocracy.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2023 7:00 PM

The policy is geared toward Fetterman, but it will also give Kyrsten Sinema even more opportunities to draw attention to herself on the Senate floor now.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2023 7:02 PM

Does he have a sensory issue or something? It's not that hard to wear pants and a loose-fitting shirt if comfort is an issue. I don't think it will kill anyone if he wears shorts and hoodies but it does signal disrespect.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2023 7:02 PM

He’s a Senator but is too fucked up to wear proper clothes.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2023 7:04 PM

R6 He claims it's just his style and preference, and that it's hard to find good suits for a guy of his towering frame. Not true. You can get a good suit made in any size, especially in DC.

His campaign claims this is part of his "everyman" image, because his lunch-pail caricature constituents don't own suits or wear them to work, so why should he? Never mind the fact that a few million Pennsylvanians work white-collar jobs and know how to dress up for formal occasions.

I say wearing a suit shows respect for the institution of the United States Congress, and for the millions of state residents who sent you there to represent their interests.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2023 7:06 PM

So I am supposed to be outraged because Fetterman doesn't wear suits? I care about how he votes, which has been great.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2023 7:06 PM

Amid well dressed degenerates I refuse to complain, but he was willing to adhere to the rules and vote from the hallway, so how is this change a reflection on him?

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2023 7:08 PM

R8 Yes, and Fetterman owns and wore a suit for his swearing in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2023 7:09 PM

I'm from PA, I voted for him, and I find this disgusting. Put on a suit and tie, for heaven's sake.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2023 7:13 PM

He seems like a snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2023 7:13 PM

He should wear a suit. It's a lack of respect for the office and his constituency.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2023 7:14 PM

This guy is trash, liberal trash but still trash.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2023 7:15 PM

[quote] He was never exactly a working man — he was a mayor with a master’s degree from Harvard

[...]

[quote] According to his office, the new suit is one of three Mr. Fetterman has purchased, along with six — count ’em — ties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2023 7:16 PM

Seems homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2023 7:17 PM

It's not okay - at least, business casual

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2023 7:17 PM

So I propose strip congress, where a senator loses an article of designer duds every time they’re exposed in ignorance or defiance of Constitutional law or decorum.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2023 7:18 PM

Wait till you see me in my side tie bikini! I lost over 40 lbs you know. What's good for the Senate is good for the house, suckers.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2023 7:19 PM

Try my best to follow the "live and let live" credo, as much as I dislike seeing people wear sweats in public, they're not hurting anybody. But there is such a thing as decorum. I love Fetterman, but he has to realize that there's a level of respect and sanctity that needs to be afforded to a governmental position, especially on this scale. He can look at it as an occupational hazard. We shouldn't continue to dumb ourselves down.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2023 7:19 PM

[quote] Senate shouldn't change its rules to accommodate him.

Since the strokes no doubt he has difficulty dressing himself.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2023 7:19 PM

It’s one of the hallmarks of why his constituents voted for him over Dr. Oz.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2023 7:19 PM

Wait till y’all see my gstring and tits out!

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2023 7:19 PM

R24 oh it me, Boebert. I’m so dumb I forgot to sign my post!

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2023 7:20 PM

Such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2023 7:20 PM

Fetterman should run for president and select a female running mate who isn't ugly and they can run as the beauty and the beast campaign.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2023 7:24 PM

Fetterman is a walking disaster. He only got in because Pennsylvania couldn't stomach Dr. Oz. He wasn't in the place ten minutes before suffering a breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2023 7:24 PM

He has competition in the Irish parliament

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2023 7:26 PM

Does Fetterman have Marfan's syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2023 7:27 PM

I bet both Phillywhore or Sylvia Fowler would be better-dressed PA senators than this clown.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2023 7:33 PM

So conservatives are all in a lather about hoodies and shorts on the Senate floor, but a female member of Congress can give a hand job to her boyfriend AND get her fake titties fondled in a very public place with other people around and in full view of security cameras and no one is supposed to say a word.

Reminds me of the outrage about who the Obama girls who were allegedly dressed disrespectfully for a ceremony, with the outrage being led by some conservative Republican cunt who had been arrested for shop lifting as a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2023 7:35 PM

Shorts and a hoodie are a bit extreme. They could have tried to meet in the middle with jeans without holes or cargo pants and a button down shirt.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2023 7:35 PM

Girls! Girls…. Hoodies and handjobs are both tacky.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2023 7:41 PM

The Whatabouties have arrived. If you want to talk about Lauren Boebert’s fat jiggly titties and her hand job skills, there’s like 17 threads feel free. Right now we’re talking about this trashy fucker John Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2023 7:42 PM

Phillywhore lives in CA but maybe he needs to have a pied a terre in Philly so he can run for office. Sounds like he has the legal background.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2023 7:43 PM

r19 Stop that. You're making Miss Lindsey moist.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2023 7:45 PM

Interesting to see him messing with such a convention. I’m curious to see if the other senators start wearing clothing which reveals their true characters and personalities. I could see the senators wearing T shirts with ads for their donors benefit.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2023 7:45 PM

Are Dockers and a button-down too far a compromise for him?

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2023 7:49 PM

Childish.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2023 7:49 PM

There are places where you should dress to the occasion. He is ding the nation's business. Wear a coat and tie.

And as for the Republicans who are complaining...Look to your own and tell Jim "Gym" Jordan to put a jacket on. He uses the same excuse...part of his "image."

The two of them look like slobs.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2023 7:52 PM

Fetterman is 6'8, maybe if he lost weight it would be easier for him to wear suits. Garlin Gilchrist, the lieutenant governor of Michigan is the same height, but he is slender and dresses quite well for his height.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2023 7:58 PM

[quote] Under the old rule — which there is apparently no official record of — senators were required to wear business attire inside the Senate chamber. If more casually dressed, they were only allowed to take a single step on the floor to cast a vote via thumbs-up or thumbs-down, while keeping a foot in the cloakroom. That’s what Pennsylvania Democrat John Fetterman, who has frequently gone to work at the U.S. Capitol wearing his trademark athletic shorts and hoodies since returning to the Senate following treatment for depression, has been doing — along with senators fresh from the gym or airport. NBC News also notes that “because the standard is not a formal or written policy, senators at times have been seen on the Senate floor wearing gym clothes, golf attire, denim vests, shoes without socks and colorful wigs, among other unconventional attire.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2023 7:59 PM

R35 = Dr. Oz.

Being a cunty sore loser still won't get your nasty ass elected in PA, or probably anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2023 7:59 PM

Maybe if he got dressed once in awhile hed feel less depressed. I don't it matters that much but are slacks and a nice shirt really asking too much.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2023 8:08 PM

No excuses for this.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2023 8:13 PM

That's the difference between Dems and Repugs. Dems try to change the rules to accommodate the comfort level of a member who has struggled with depression, which affects no one else's safety and welfare. Repugs don't even try to change the rules. They just flat out flout them.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2023 8:15 PM

[quote] I’m curious to see if the other senators start wearing clothing which reveals their true characters and personalities

Bernie can start wearing a Mao jacket

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2023 8:16 PM

These Republicans, who fully support the insurrectionists who smeared actual shit inside the Capitol on 1/6…are now going to cry about “respect for the institution”?? Nah, don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2023 8:17 PM

R47 try and make sense next time.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2023 8:18 PM

I don’t give a shit what the Republicans think. It’s trashy, and it lowers the whole decorum of the entire government.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2023 8:18 PM

Why does everything have to become a whatabout contest? That side versus this side. Republican versus Democrat.

There should be a dress code. Period.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2023 8:20 PM

This leaves the door open for Miss Linz to show up wearing daisy dudes and cha cha heels.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2023 8:29 PM

He'll be a one- termer anyway.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2023 8:31 PM

Personally I'd prefer to see him wear a suit when he's in the Senate chamber, for all the reasons stated above. It's a sign of respect for the institution of Congress, and a demonstration of personal decorum. That being said, I just can't allow myself to care much or be upset about this. Where Congress is concerned, rather than their own dress code there are much more critically important things they should be legislating -- not that there's much hope of that happening while the MAGA cult has that slim, gerrymandered majority control in the House.

As long as Lauren Hoebert is free to vape, give handjobs, and get her trashy DD implants fondled in public with zero formal reprimand from Kevin McCarthy, then as far as I'm concerned Fetterman can wear whatever the hell he wants inside the Senate chamber.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2023 8:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2023 8:32 PM

Buy a cheap suit. Somehow, that seems even more populist than hoodies and shorts. Just do it, but in the bare minimum required.

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2023 8:34 PM

I think it would be a kindness if one or more of the nation's great designers worked with Fetterman to make him some bespoke suits that fit him perfectly and accommodated whatever issues he has with wearing business apparel. I doubt he's ever spent much time trying out different cuts or materials. Surely there's a Democratic gay on Capitol Hill that could make this happen.

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2023 8:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2023 8:53 PM

I'm w/ AOC at r59 on this one -- as well as with many similar posted above. Without a proved, written policy regarding dress on the Senate floor, there is no actual dress code. Instead, there is an oft-broken tradition. Period. If we want a dress code, we need to ask our Senators to write one. Personally, I'd like to see my elected officials of either sex in at least a jacket and pants (or in skirts past the knee) -- but that's just me. You can't crucify someone on a nonexistent cross. Either write a dress code or don't.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2023 9:01 PM

He disrespects the Senate, his constituents, and himself.

SMH

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2023 9:02 PM

I...what's the phrase I'm looking for...ah! I don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2023 9:04 PM

I can't believe Rhonda "I'm going to slit the throats of government employees on my first day in office" Santis has the chutzpah to opine about anything, much less a dress code for anybody.

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2023 9:05 PM

[quote]I’m curious to see if the other senators start wearing clothing which reveals their true characters

I'm wearing potatoes, milk and a tv tray!

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2023 9:05 PM

R50 sorry proofreading and correcting any grammatical or spelling yours makes me depressed so you should just change the rules just like the Senate change the dress code.

It's not even that I particularly care especially considering I just like a slob every day to work as far as most people are concerned because all I usually wear is a T-shirt and jeans. But seriously this is the Senate can we at least act like it's important even though its full of clowns whose manner of dress would be the least offensive things about them as far as the way they conduct themselves even if they were adorned in ratty sweats.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2023 9:30 PM

You wanna trifle, folks? Trifle away.

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2023 9:33 PM

How disgusting that you cannot be bothered to wear a suit.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2023 9:36 PM

I think even just a plain Oxford shirt and slacks would be fine but coming in looking like you do when you roll out of bed on a Sunday morning and go to the store to get some eggs...it does not give the impression of taking the job seriously. Does he need to be in a suit and tie? Probably not but he should aim for at least smart casual. What next? Dianne F in her pyjamas and nightgown?

His height doesn't mean he can't get a suit. Magic Johnson always had great tailoring and he's taller than Fetterman.

If only we could bring Joan Rivers back and she could critique all the Congressional fashions. Someone up thread joked that they could wear the logos of the corporations donating to their campaigns. Another implored some of America's top designers to come up with a line of tailoring for JF. I think having someone ask our Senators if they're in Ralph Lauren or Brooks Brothers or if they've gone continental would be a whole new thing to stir the pot.

"I only use American Designers." "but the suit was made in China!"

As the poster who showed the Irish guy who wears tracksuits and sleeveless tops into their Parliament shows this is isn't just a US thing.

The very guy who was at the heart of Boris Johnsons Government dressed like a vagrant. So to some it isn't a big deal but I really couldn't take seriously someone who is dressed in basketball shorts and hoodies. I really couldn't. Not unless he's here to fix my plumbing or putting in a new kitchen. But as a United States Senator?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2023 10:34 PM

Is he "special needs?"

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2023 10:37 PM

He still dresses better than the former first whore =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2023 10:41 PM

He has to keep up his fake blue-collar schtick despite coming from a rich family and not working a day in his life.

by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2023 10:51 PM

I mean its a political stunt. He’s an educated man who knows he can buy a custom fit suit.

by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2023 10:57 PM

[quote] knows he can buy a custom fit suit

With the amount of brain damage he has received don't assume what still might remain in his consciousness

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2023 11:02 PM

He couldn't string a sentence together during his campaign. How you gonna expect him to put together an outfit for work.

Honestly he dresses like he just put on whatever happened to be on the floor from the night before. He dresses like I do when a delivery person rings my bell and it's 6.30am

by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2023 11:29 PM

This has got to be related to his depression or brain injury.

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2023 11:30 PM

It’s so weird that he has to wear a hoodie. Ok we get it, you’re cool. But you’re also half brain dead and should be in a nursing home. But now that I think about it, the Senate is the perfect place for him.

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2023 11:42 PM

Do they still have to wear shoes?

by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2023 11:44 PM

George Santos will be entering the Capitol dressed as Kitara Revache soon.

by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2023 11:50 PM

If you have ever seen him from the back or side without the "hoodie," you may have noticed that he has a huge lump at the base of his skull. That's what he's hiding. I mean, it's bad enough that the man's freakishly tall and let's-just-say less than attractive, but to have that godawful lump... It's like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

I forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 79September 18, 2023 11:51 PM

There's a shop a few blocks over from me the suits up half the sixers.

He's just an embarrassment at this point and I voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 80September 18, 2023 11:54 PM

What r33 said. I myself *HATE* wearing ties for any reason. At this point in my life I will only wear one if I'm getting married (not happening). And I better not be buried in one.

And I get that he is a giant too. But there are options that land between sweats and a full suit. He can start with button downs & polo shirts and blazers. Im sure there are tons of stylists out there who would glad outfit him for free too, because he so recognizable and in need of it. Walking PR.

by Anonymousreply 81September 18, 2023 11:57 PM

We are on a slippery slope.

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2023 12:02 AM

[quote]What next? Dianne F in her pyjamas and nightgown?

Straightjacket, according to the chatter.

by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2023 12:08 AM

Who is this Dianne Feinstein you keep talking about?

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2023 12:15 AM

Murkowski fine w looser dress code.

[quote] “I’m not so hung up on things to think that every single day a man needs to wear a neck tie. If I had my way, we would have summer casual for men so we didn’t have the air conditioning so low and spend so much money keeping this place cold”

Lummis says she’s “horrified”

[quote] “I think people who dress like slobs tend to think they can act like slobs. We have a bad enough reputation for lack of civility and decorum now, and this just takes it to rock bottom.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2023 12:26 AM

If this guy really was a working-class schlub, he'd be very well acquainted with the idea that certain jobs require a certain uniform.

Most of us have had to wear uniforms or adhere to dress codes. It's especially common in lower-end jobs and service jobs. It's just part of a working person's life.

The only people who are really free to wear whatever they want to work are the top elites who answer to no one -- like Hollywood moguls, tech billionaires, and of course high-level politicians.

Working-class my ass.

by Anonymousreply 86September 19, 2023 12:29 AM

[quote] While Fetterman was studying at UConn, his best friend died in a car accident; this impacted Fetterman's life and career.[16] After his friend's death, Fetterman joined Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, pairing with an eight-year-old boy in New Haven, Connecticut, whose father had died from AIDS and whose mother was slowly dying from the disease.[17] During his time as a Big Brother, Fetterman says he became "preoccupied with the concept of the random lottery of birth", and promised the boy's mother he would continue to look out for her son after she was gone.[18]

[quote] In 1995, Fetterman joined the recently founded AmeriCorps, and was sent to teach Pittsburgh students pursuing their GEDs.[19] He later attended Harvard Kennedy School at Harvard University, graduating in 1999 with a Master of Public Policy degree.[20]

[quote] Fetterman began his corporate career working at an insurance firm. He came to Braddock in 2001 to start an Out-of-School-Youth Program, helping local youth to earn their GEDs.[21] He moved to Braddock in 2004.[8][22]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 19, 2023 12:36 AM

I seem to recall after the January 6th attempt several politicians went on and on about the violation and desecration of our nation's capitol's "hallowed halls" (I'm looking at you, Nancy Pelosi) as they extolled the building as being sacred. And now they want Representatives to be able to wear shorts and hoodies on the floor while in session. Hoodies (!) - an item of clothing that many of the insurrectionists were wearing on January 6th.

Fuck you, Chuck Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 88September 19, 2023 12:36 AM

r85 I dont think women should be chiming on the men's dresscode either. If men did the same regarding women's dress there would be uproar. Women also have more flexibility and options for dress IMO as well. Bullshit like this should not be allowed either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2023 12:36 AM

Face it, our country has lost its collective mind.

by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2023 12:48 AM

R22, he's a senator. He has people who could help him get dressed. There are even special shirts and suits designed to make it easier for disabled people to dress themselves. He can have an aide put on a clip-on tie if it comes to that.

I notice that disabled individuals from both parties have managed to dress appropriately in the Capitol up till now -- Bob Dole, Daniel Inouye, Madison Cawthorn, John McCain, James Langevin (a quadriplegic), and the list goes on.

What makes Fetterman so much more special than people confined to wheelchairs, paralyzed, or missing limbs? Why is his situation so much more uniquely tragic that the rules have to be changed for him, when they never were for people who were injured while fighting for their country?

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2023 12:56 AM

"I'm from PA, I voted for him, ......."

Biggest load of happy horseshit to ever be posted on DL.

Congrats, trolxxxx, er R12.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2023 1:06 AM

[quote] Basically he was a social worker. Not exactly blue or white collar

And a part time vigilante taking his gun to hunt down superpreditor black men in the night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2023 1:08 AM

Pig.

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2023 1:11 AM

Sorry, but you’re a member of the United States Senate not some college student body government where hoodies and shorts might be OK. (Though possibly not.) You show some measure of respect for the institution by dressing accordingly. His excuses are unconvincing. This seems to be more a matter of convenience than anything else, because I t’s not as if he has a demonstrated physical need for this change. When he goes up to the White House to meet with President Biden is he going to wear shorts and a hoodie? That would be absurd.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote]What makes Fetterman so much more special than people confined to wheelchairs

Exactly. Even I knew how to dress in the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2023 1:51 AM

I don’t agree with this decision, but hope it was some backhanded ploy by Schumer to reinstate Dems as the blue-collar party

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2023 2:15 AM

He had to wear suits when he was Lt. Governor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 19, 2023 2:18 AM

[quote]some backhanded ploy by Schumer

Ha. As if Schumer has a strategic bone in his milquetoast body.

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2023 2:34 AM

He can put on a suit. If he can’t do that he shouldn’t be a member of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2023 2:40 AM

Tammy Duckworth is disabled and doesn’t have any problem getting dressed for the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 101September 19, 2023 10:58 AM

What would the USofA be without Republican constant faux outrage, their faux patriotism and their faux Christian piety?

Yet their outrage never seems to filter down to Republican attempts to abolish the US Constitution or install an orange haired buffoon/game show host/pathological liar as a permanent dictator, or have the Vice-President assassinated by a gang of thugs hired by previously mentioned orange haired buffoon/game show host.

by Anonymousreply 102September 19, 2023 11:35 AM

Amazing this was the only guy Dems cold find to run for the Senate in an entire state.

by Anonymousreply 103September 19, 2023 11:37 AM

Many politicians already look like slobs and wear poorly fitted and styled suits, so it’s hard to say it’s some kind of hallowed standard of decorum. On the other hand, the shorts and hoodie seem performative.

by Anonymousreply 104September 19, 2023 11:54 AM

It's all bullshit anyway. The Senate has turned into one giant fuckin joke. The Alabama coach singlehandedly holding up 100's of armed forces promotions, Collins being a fool thinking judges will be moderate when their rulings were clearly extreme right wing, McConnell and Feinstein still hold considerable power while their minds turn into mush. Yeah, proper attire is what's important. 🙄These people live in a bubble and the Pennsylvania senator is doing fine and should be able to wear a sweater. The man has gone thru enough putting up with living in Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 105September 19, 2023 11:57 AM

[quote]Amazing this was the only guy Dems cold find to run for the Senate in an entire state.

He was extremely popular (pre-stroke) among PA residents. Lots of independents and moderate Republicans voted for him over Oz.

by Anonymousreply 106September 19, 2023 1:06 PM

Why are so many acommodations made for this mental case of a man? Everybody calls-out Biden and McTurtle and others but for some reason, mental case John Fetterman is always beyond criticism. HE IS NOT WELL. HE IS SICK AND MENTAL. Just because he's in the preferred party doesn't take that away. Fuck this guy and the psychos in Pennsylvania who voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 107September 19, 2023 1:13 PM

I am not a huge fan of suits and ties and much prefer business casual attire. I don't think most larger businesses in the for-profit or non-profit worlds would permit hoodies and shorts in the workplace. At a minimum, members of the House and Senate should adhere to these same standards.

by Anonymousreply 108September 19, 2023 2:22 PM

R89 I think there should be a dress code for both men and women. Kyrsten Sinema is a clown and it's bad taste to try to stick out and get attention as she does. She could wear some beautifully tailored suits and dresses, even in bold colors, and look better than she does in her Bozo gear.

I don't think the men should be forced to wear ties but they could at least manage to look casually professional.

by Anonymousreply 109September 19, 2023 2:38 PM

He is too mental to put on long pants to enter the Senate. Even Feinstein is dressed preoperly when they wheel her in.

by Anonymousreply 110September 19, 2023 2:41 PM

[quote]Kyrsten Sinema is a clown and it's bad taste to try to stick out and get attention as she does. She could wear some beautifully tailored suits and dresses, even in bold colors, and look better than she does in her Bozo gear.

Sinema has a fit body and would look good in a lot of normal clothes. But the clownish getups she prefers are a sign of obvious mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 111September 19, 2023 2:56 PM

sinema wore whore clothes

by Anonymousreply 112September 19, 2023 3:00 PM

When you're looking at Brett Kavanaugh in board shorts and flip flops, remember your indifference to dress codes.

by Anonymousreply 113September 19, 2023 3:31 PM

I'm sorry, I like Fetterman, but no. Hoodie and shorts are out of line and Schumer is a poor leader anyway. He could be forcing Tuberville to release the military appointments instead he's worrying about hoodies. I would have told Fetterman no shorts, ever, and no hoodies. If he wants to be casual I wouldn't stop him, but shorts, T-shirts, and hoodies are not acceptable. Business casual works. A cardigan, no necktie, and long pants.(No jeans.) But that's as casual as I'd allow.

by Anonymousreply 114September 19, 2023 3:31 PM

It’s all a slippery slope towards accomodating the first representative with a diaper fetish and a pacifier.

by Anonymousreply 115September 19, 2023 3:34 PM

Take the politics out of it and ask: is this a change for the better?

OK, it's not the suspension of habeas corpus or the Constitution, but sometimes don't the look of things matter? Doesn't dressing for something show some respect for the institution? (I know, I know...) Is it a good thing to reinforce precedent that panders to the wants of each individual? This is a slippery slope thing and I think it was a mistake. Not a massive mistake, but one of those small mistakes that eventually add up to regret.

And Chuck Schumer is a weenie.

by Anonymousreply 116September 19, 2023 3:35 PM

Chuck Schumer is terrible. Amy Klobuchar should be the Democratic leader. She’d have already threatened Gisele Fetterman with a stapler if she doesn’t get this bozo dressed in some proper clothes.

by Anonymousreply 117September 19, 2023 3:47 PM

What you wear is important. You command/convey authority and are taken seriously often based on how you present. Fetterman dresses this way to be contrarian? To make some kind of point? He can do that wearing a suit. and doing his job of legislating and voting. I find him more and more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 118September 19, 2023 3:52 PM

R117 from your lips to God's ear...

by Anonymousreply 119September 19, 2023 3:52 PM

Slippery slope.

by Anonymousreply 120September 19, 2023 3:52 PM

The GOP is a fucking domestic terrorism cult burning books and doing their best to destroy democracy so they can eventually burn people but sure, let's focus on this guy wearing a hoodie.

And by the way, when people are screaming at the President during the State of the Union address and get away with it without any sanctions please spare me the outrage at not wearing a suit. The GOP decided the US Congress is now a circus without rules so bring on the hoodies and shorts.

by Anonymousreply 121September 19, 2023 3:58 PM

R121, I get it. and I agree, but there's actual data focused mostly on school kids, that enforceable dress codes affect behavior. So the book burners and the guys who scream during the SOTU, would behave a lot worse without dress codes.

by Anonymousreply 122September 19, 2023 4:02 PM

[quote] It was the impeccably dressed Senator Manchin who insisted on doubling the rate of child poverty nationwide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 19, 2023 4:03 PM

Outrageous! Everyone must wear tennis whites and switch to black tie and cocktaild at 5pm.

by Anonymousreply 124September 19, 2023 4:06 PM

^Cocktails. I’m afraid I started a smidge early.

by Anonymousreply 125September 19, 2023 4:07 PM

Manchin is a whore. They have to dress well to feel important once they sell out.

by Anonymousreply 126September 19, 2023 4:11 PM

Keep it up, Democrats, you're just making people (i.e., voters) despise you more and more. On top of this, you have become:

- soft on crime - pro-illegal immigrants - pro-transgender/nonbinary ideology - anti-police - anti-meritocracy - anti-tradition in general

by Anonymousreply 127September 19, 2023 4:12 PM

Yes, let's focus on this rather than Boebert. Also let's focus on Biden's age rather than...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 19, 2023 4:24 PM

Go fuck yourself, Defucktardo @R127. Asshole.

You were posting this same shit last October and November when you were predicting the Bid Red Wave of 2022 and Democrats were going to be wiped off the face of the earth. Remember?

by Anonymousreply 129September 19, 2023 4:29 PM

[quote]This will make us a laughing stock.

Like we aren't already?

by Anonymousreply 130September 19, 2023 4:29 PM

Your desperation is showing, r127.

by Anonymousreply 131September 19, 2023 4:31 PM

A $400-an-hour lawyer has the same skill and knowledge whether dressed in a pit-stained Metallica T-shirt and filthy jeans, or in a suit. But would you feel confident if you went to meet your lawyer in their office and they were wearing the Metallica shirt and jeans? Or if that was their outfit as they argued your case in court?

Same holds true for a surgeon. When you consult with a surgeon, would you be okay if they were wearing a tank top, board shorts and flip-flops? What about an airline pilot boarding your plane wearing a raggedy tee and ill-fitting Daisy Dukes?

Well, what's the difference? What does it matter what anyone wears?

by Anonymousreply 132September 19, 2023 5:05 PM

Get a load of Wanda Whaddabout at r132! Bless your heart, Wanda.

by Anonymousreply 133September 19, 2023 5:18 PM

I could less what he wears, he'll never match the ugliness of Tuberville, McConnell and that other pack of rodents.

by Anonymousreply 134September 19, 2023 5:43 PM

Real life Frankenstein. He’s so fucking ugly. Can he put the hoodie completely over that enormous lumpy head? Please!

by Anonymousreply 135September 19, 2023 6:00 PM

Most jobs have a dress code. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 136September 19, 2023 6:01 PM

It's about respect. Ask yourself if you were invited to formal dinner party and you decided since you didn't want to rent a tux or didn't have one or WTF ever, you just decide to wear jeans and a t-shirt. What you wear marks an occasion. It signals to other who you are and what you might think of them or of the gathering or WTF ever. In a court room decorum dictates that certain standards be maintained. The Congress is a law making body and they are making decisions that affect our lives short term and long term, and even though we know a lot of them are evil rotten OS people, and many of them are buffoons. I think compelling people to show respect is important.

by Anonymousreply 137September 19, 2023 6:01 PM

Fetterman told Gaetz to stop crying about his clothes and to get his shit together and do his job. I like that.

by Anonymousreply 138September 19, 2023 6:06 PM

Fetterman also said the Republican controlled house was nothing but a big circle jerk.

I like that.

This offended Gaetz and all the other rapists, child molesters and thieves of the Republican caucus to no end. To that I say good on you, Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 139September 19, 2023 6:20 PM

[quote]It's about respect.

It's also about humility. When you enter a situation with reasonable norm and expectations, you defer to those rather than yourself. It's pretty simple. But a lot of people, especially on DL, cannot cope with that idea.

by Anonymousreply 140September 19, 2023 6:21 PM

So many MTGs on this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 19, 2023 6:21 PM

Off fuck off, pissant shop bottoms @R137 and R140. Don't you have some sweaters to fold before you two yaaasss kaweens go on break.

At a time when the front runner Republican presidential candidate is seeking to make himself dictator for life and abolish the US Constitution, and the #2 man is threatening to slit the throats of civil service workers the very first day he's in office, I find the idea of arguing about the attire of one senator completely ludicrous, especially when said Senator is fighting these two demagogues. Priorities much, assholes?

It's the same stupid argument Catholics have about whether or not women should be priests. When I'm on my death bed and needing the Last Rites administered to me, to I really give a rat's ass if the priest is a man or a woman? What fucking difference does it make in this instance, and what fucking difference does it make what Fetterman wears.

by Anonymousreply 142September 19, 2023 6:54 PM

[Quote]He should wear a suit. It's a lack of respect for the office and his constituency.

And if there's one thing Republicans have, it's respect for government and their constituents. 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 143September 19, 2023 7:02 PM

[quote]It's also about humility

You know *all* about humiliation, r140.

by Anonymousreply 144September 19, 2023 7:05 PM

Manchin tells me he spoke to Fetterman today about the Senate dress code change

[quote] “I said ‘John, I think it’s wrong & there's no way I can comply with that’…Wanted to tell him directly that I totally oppose it & I will do everything I can to try to hold the decorum of the Senate”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 19, 2023 7:29 PM

Shouldn't all of the dems be wearing bullet proof vests with all

of the repubs carrying guns & giving their crazy followers inside info?

by Anonymousreply 146September 19, 2023 7:50 PM

If this guy was a fat MAGA strutting around the Senate in his shorts and a hoodie, all the blue hive thinkers would go ballistic. What an insult to our democracy, Biden, decorum, yadda yadda. It’s not about his politics. It’s about not wearing shorts and a hoodie in the Senate. It’s not that complicated.

by Anonymousreply 147September 19, 2023 7:59 PM

It’s not about his politics.

by Anonymousreply 148September 19, 2023 8:07 PM

R144, for example, you just humiliated yourself.

Again. As usual. Poor booby.

by Anonymousreply 149September 19, 2023 8:22 PM

R142, I find you entirely ludicrous. But in fairness I've never seen you when your meds are working.

by Anonymousreply 150September 19, 2023 8:23 PM

Right back at ya' uber cunt.

by Anonymousreply 151September 19, 2023 8:29 PM

Smell Edith Head @ r147.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 19, 2023 8:31 PM

Maybe I'm in the minority but I really don't care what the Senators are wearing in the Senate. How about how they are doing their job.

If it's a special ceremony, then fine dress up. But everyday business as usual - no, I don't care if they are wearing a suit or not as long as they are clean and kempt.

by Anonymousreply 153September 19, 2023 8:33 PM

Hard to top an impressive joust in reply like cunt. You're really impressive, R151. A worthy opponent...

by Anonymousreply 154September 19, 2023 8:36 PM

Hopefully Fetterman will wear mesh shorts without underwear, so we can all see his junk on C SPAN.

by Anonymousreply 155September 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Yeah, Joe "Did my check from Big Coal and Big Phaema clear yet?"Manchin totally cares about the decorum and integrity of the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 156September 19, 2023 8:54 PM

Why are some of you comparing us to "THEM." That's a pretty low bar. We're better than them. When you become an elected official., you hold a public trust. I stand by what I said at R137. And I am not a "shop bottom."

by Anonymousreply 157September 19, 2023 8:59 PM

[quote]And I am not a "shop bottom."

What you are, r157, is easily distracted. There are *real* issues that actually affect our lives. This isn't one of them. Sensible people know this.

by Anonymousreply 158September 19, 2023 9:05 PM

We are a very stupid and petty species to be concerned about these kinds of things as we march on and on through decades of refusing to address the crucial problems facing our country.

by Anonymousreply 159September 19, 2023 9:05 PM

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐞𝐰'𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 !

⁽ ᴮᵘᵗ ᵂʰᵒᵒᵖᶦ ˢᵃʸˢ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᴼᴷ ⁾

The View co-hosts wrangled over the issue of Sen. John Fetterman’s (D-PA) “Casual Friday” approach to dressing, with Sunny Hostin arguing that a sloppy appearance “demeans the office and the actual decorum in the Senate.”

Alyssa Farah Griffin agreed with Hostin’s assessment, saying, “These are chambers that Abraham Lincoln walked in, John McCain, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson; there’s a hallowed sort-of ground to it…For me, like, there’s an earnestness to John Fetterman that I really like, but I sort of think, dress for the job you want, and you have signed up for a job that’s historically had this dress code.”

Hostin added, “I was always taught, you dress for the job you want, not for the job you have…And it just seems to me that even though there is no law, it is just a practice, and I think that it demeans the office and the actual decorum in the Senate,” Hostin said before calling out Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (R-AZ) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for similar fashion missteps. “The very least that you could do is just dress appropriately,” she added.

Not surprisingly Whoopi Goldberg, who’s known for her own casual approach to dressing, defended Fetterman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 19, 2023 9:05 PM

While Democracy slips through our fingers...

by Anonymousreply 161September 19, 2023 9:08 PM

Look at all of us arguing about a dress code. Arguing "While Democracy slips through our fingers..." How petty.....

by Anonymousreply 162September 19, 2023 10:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 19, 2023 10:49 PM

[quote] Not surprisingly Whoopi Goldberg, who’s known for her own casual approach to dressing, defended Fetterman.

That's actually a great comparison for this situation.

Many years ago I worked the coatcheck for the Met Ball, one of the biggest nights for fashion in the whole world. Whoppi was there but she was not wearing a gown...and nobody expected her to.

While I personally think a United States Senator should at least put on a dress shirt and a pair of Dockers at a minimum, if he campaigned and won without ever once wearing a suit then his constituents knew what they were bargaining for

What I would hope and expect from him is that he understands that he is but 1/100th of the Senate currently and one of thousands in history. Therein, for days when he's expected to be in the chamber for extended periods of time (like the staffers who are not exempted from the rule change) he should respect the legacy of the institution even if he does sometimes remain on the periphery for quick up-or-down votes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 19, 2023 10:54 PM

[quote]There are *real* issues that actually affect our lives. This isn't one of them. Sensible people know this.

Then why doesn't he just wear a fucking suit?

by Anonymousreply 165September 19, 2023 10:59 PM

There seem to be quite a few autistic folks on this site, who believe you can only be interested in one thing at a time.

So if you care about the war in Ukraine, you cannot also care about Hugh Jackman's divorce. If you care about Trump's indictments, you cannot also care about dress codes in the Senate.

I have nothing against people on the spectrum, but maybe they would be mentally healthier if they didn't come to a message board where people talk about a lot of different topics. The whole idea seems to upset them greatly.

by Anonymousreply 166September 19, 2023 11:34 PM

[quote]Hostin added, “I was always taught, you dress for the job you want, not for the job you have."

If Hostin is going to repeat antiquated cliches that people say to those first entering the workforce, I hope she also added "And be sure to take your resume right down to the company and deliver it in person because it shows you've got gumption, kid, and must be a real go-getter."

by Anonymousreply 167September 19, 2023 11:45 PM

Dress codes are going to permanently disappear once Gen Z starts getting in charge of things.

by Anonymousreply 168September 19, 2023 11:47 PM

I find it disgusting but not surprising. Your attire is a symbol of your true character. If you can't be bothered to at least throw on a polo shirt and a pair of khakis, I can't be bothered to vote for you.

Any wagers on how long he's going to try to let that mangina grow?

by Anonymousreply 169September 19, 2023 11:50 PM

You've either got or you haven't got style

You've either got or you haven't got class

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170September 20, 2023 12:23 AM

When will they change the House dress code so I can let my titties hang out and maybe get them sucked?

by Anonymousreply 171September 20, 2023 12:39 AM

I don’t know what I think about the dress code/decorum issue. I’m right in fence, at the moment.

I do know, however, R115 and the other “slippery slope” posters sound so similar to the people who opposed masticate for gay couples and spouted the slippery slope argument (“What’s next, marriage between a man and a dog?”).

by Anonymousreply 172September 20, 2023 12:40 AM

Masticate = marriage ^^^

Muriel, where is the edit feature?

by Anonymousreply 173September 20, 2023 12:41 AM

I'm with you, r172. On the one hand, who cares whether there's a dress code? On the other, it seems ridiculous if they actually changed it for one man who is too fragile to put on a suit for work (I don't know if that's why they changed it-- I don't care enough to read the article).

by Anonymousreply 174September 20, 2023 12:42 AM

I get “sensory issues” if you’re on the spectrum or something, but if you’re on the spectrum or something, the Senate probably isn’t the best place to be working. It can be overwhelming in many ways other than how a suit feels on your skin.

by Anonymousreply 175September 20, 2023 12:45 AM

Masticate too much and you'll go blind

by Anonymousreply 176September 20, 2023 12:46 AM

No hoodies, shorts, jeans, T-shirts, etc. Just NO fucking way. Look and act professionally. Shorts and a hoodie in the Senate or House chamber is horrible and completely inappropriate.

Relaxing the dress code should go no further than perhaps not requiring the men to wear ties at all times. But while in the Senate and House chambers, a jacket and tie should be required most of the time. Women should wear a dress, women's suit or an office appropriate pant suit. No shorts, sandals or hoodies for women either.

by Anonymousreply 177September 20, 2023 1:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178September 20, 2023 1:06 AM

Sounds like more posturing nonsense to me.

by Anonymousreply 179September 20, 2023 1:16 AM

BREAKING NEWS! This isn't an *issue*.

by Anonymousreply 180September 20, 2023 1:24 AM

Why can’t the big guy deign to dress like an adult

by Anonymousreply 181September 20, 2023 1:33 AM

R127 is toothless and deaf

by Anonymousreply 182September 20, 2023 1:41 AM

Do NOT get on his lawn, r182.

by Anonymousreply 183September 20, 2023 1:46 AM

The Republicans have so fucked up this country, what people wear there isn't important.

by Anonymousreply 184September 20, 2023 1:49 AM

Sen. John Fetterman’s signature outfit — gym shorts, sneakers and baggy hoodie — helped establish his populist political brand. The get-up veers so far into the grunge zone, in fact, that the Pennsylvania Democrat probably couldn’t wear it to work as a teacher in many schools or as an employee in a lot of fast-food chains. And yet Mr. Fetterman might soon be seen draped in Carhartt on the Senate floor. Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) has relaxed the upper house’s long-standing, if unwritten, dress code requiring senators to wear business attire. Henceforth, he said in a statement, “senators are able to choose what they wear on the Senate floor."

At the risk of idealizing the place, the Capitol is, or should be, thought of as the temple of the world’s oldest continuous democracy. Within that, the Senate floor is its most sacred space. It was the setting for America’s most consequential debates on war and peace, freedom and slavery. Throughout history, those who participated in its proceedings dressed accordingly. Admittedly, the appropriate level of dignity is subjective; you know it when you see it. And when a senator comes to the floor in pickup softball gear, you don’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 20, 2023 1:50 AM

On MSNBC ( of course ) Fetterman replies to criticism of his sartorial style.

"Her platform, you know, really, she runs on more and more dingaling, you know, pics, you know, on in the meetings over in Congress"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 20, 2023 1:59 AM

R114 What is it you like about Fetterman?

by Anonymousreply 187September 20, 2023 2:08 AM

PA Dems could have had handsome Conor Lamb, but no...

by Anonymousreply 188September 20, 2023 2:12 AM

At least Fetterman Isn't involved in a constantly slow moving coup d'état.

by Anonymousreply 189September 20, 2023 2:13 AM

Maybe a cape to hide his hunchback? This would be a good look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 20, 2023 2:15 AM

And the “Bro”-ing down of American society continues.

by Anonymousreply 191September 20, 2023 2:37 AM

SHRIEK!

by Anonymousreply 192September 20, 2023 2:44 AM

I'm more concerned about that wife. What is she, Real Housewives of Scranton?

by Anonymousreply 193September 20, 2023 2:48 AM

[quote] I'm more concerned about that wife.

You should be. She is set up to replace Lurch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 20, 2023 2:59 AM

Why does he dress like he’s going to get the mail?

by Anonymousreply 195September 20, 2023 3:02 AM

Schumer is stupid. By doing this he has created an issue. A distraction. We have a fucking debt ceiling crisis and he is worrying about Fetterman's hoodie. Fetterman cast his votes. He stood outside in the doorway and he voted. Why Fetterman chooses to engage in this theater, believing his attire sets him apart as a populist everyman, working class hero is mystifying to me. Bernie has been setting himself apart because of his political beliefs for decades. He should talk to Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 196September 20, 2023 3:09 AM

Schumer is a worthless piece of crap who has always blocked the usury laws we would have if he weren't there.

by Anonymousreply 197September 20, 2023 3:20 AM

The senate is loose enough!

by Anonymousreply 198September 20, 2023 4:00 AM

Wow I didnt know he had a wife until reading this thread. Dont wives dress their husbands, like Casey Desantis buying those tiny boots for Rhonda? Fetterman's wife can at least do her straight wife duties since the man is depressed

by Anonymousreply 199September 20, 2023 7:35 AM

^ I'm sorry. I just wanted to quote R163 and add that they both look like missing links there. With Fetterman, it's less the face than the permanent semi-hunch that creates the association though.

by Anonymousreply 200September 20, 2023 9:21 AM

R199 tiny boots. Hilarious

by Anonymousreply 201September 20, 2023 10:12 AM

Seriously, I wonder if this is related to him needing to wear a diaper. I had a male co worker with IBC, he would wear sweats to the office - long before COVID - and he violated our dress code. HR made special concessions for him for medical reasons. He used the men's room at least 6 times a day,, and we all got used to it, making jokes that he shared in. He ended up with A-FIB, and lost about 40lbs - after COVID - and had surgery that put him in remission. He works exclusively from home now, except for having to show up for a weekly staff meeting. I did talk to him about it one day, and was more psychological than anything, the paranoia and panic messed with him big time.

by Anonymousreply 202September 20, 2023 10:31 AM

I love all the queens prattling on and on about decorum.

Is it decorum when you're crawling around on all fours at the local ABS looking to suck dick and eat ass?

by Anonymousreply 203September 20, 2023 10:52 AM

^ Adult Bible Study?

by Anonymousreply 204September 20, 2023 11:03 AM

R203 Hunny, no one crawls on the floor at the ABS. We sashay and shante. Where the hell have you been?

by Anonymousreply 205September 20, 2023 12:47 PM

While I admire his politics, there's something seriously wrong with Fetterman. Any grown man who can't at least look like and adult in a professional situation should stay home. Shirking some official rules can be fine and be the catalyst for change, but this dress issue is embarrassing. He makes himself look like a moron, walking around the halls of Congress dressed like some street thug. In his line of work if you don't look serious you won't be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 206September 20, 2023 12:55 PM

I agree with R206 and everyone else on here that's said the same, but I gotta love this:

[quote]Sen. John Fetterman out with an incredible statement clapping back at the Republicans feigning outrage over his outfits:

[quote]“If those jagoffs in the House stop trying to shut our government down, and fully support Ukraine, then I will save democracy by wearing a suit on the Senate floor next week.”

by Anonymousreply 207September 20, 2023 3:58 PM

[quote] Sen. John Fetterman: "If those jagoffs in the House stop trying to shut our government down, and fully support Ukraine, then I will save democracy by wearing a suit on the Senate floor next week."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 20, 2023 3:59 PM

R8/OP, It depends on what the meaning of "respect" is.

Is respect to that hallowed institution shown by attire; or is it shown by NOT supporting, abetting, or lying about a violent and destructive coup attempt that saw feces smeared on the walls?

It is a puzzlement.

by Anonymousreply 209September 20, 2023 4:10 PM

R189 What is it you LIKE about Fetterman? Without comparing him to people he’s not.

by Anonymousreply 210September 20, 2023 4:13 PM

These days, R189, we'll take ANYONE - especially any Democrat - that isn't a raving lunatic like the Republicans.

We have no choice but to.

by Anonymousreply 211September 20, 2023 4:17 PM

R211 That’s a failed system.

You do have a choice of supporting third parties and third party candidates. They can win with enough support, money and votes.

by Anonymousreply 212September 20, 2023 4:21 PM

Republicans supported the overthrow of democracy. The 19th century congress supported slavery. There is livery on America. Of course, the Senate can’t have a dress code. I don’t know why they don’t furnish the chambers with IKEA and why they bother to keep it painted with all these more serious concerns. Can’t they all just zoom from their bedrooms while wearing pyjamas?

by Anonymousreply 213September 20, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote]They can win with enough support, money and votes.

*Anybody* can win "with enough support, money and votes".

by Anonymousreply 214September 20, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote] “The world watches us on that floor and we must protect the sanctity of that place at all costs,” they wrote.

[quote] The only GOP senators who did not sign the document are: Josh Hawley (Mo.), Mike Braun (Ind.) and Katie Britt (Ala.).

Fetrermsn and Britt reportedly became fast friend immediately at freshman orientation

Haulin’ Holly just likes to show his tits In tight t-shirts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 20, 2023 4:25 PM

This is so typical of our society now.

Parents don’t have the guts to make children dress well to go to school, so kids go to school in hoodies, sweats, athletic shorts. Wimpy Schumer, Dem leader, rather than laying down the law to Fetterman to wear appropriate clothes in the Senate... well you get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 216September 20, 2023 4:27 PM

Go back to bashing Biden, r216.

by Anonymousreply 217September 20, 2023 4:30 PM

R214 Did my point go over your head? People won’t support or vote for third parties because they think they can’t win. Meanwhile, they don’t support or give money to these parties or their candidates, assuring them that they can’t ever win. We don’t have to have a duopoly in the US. Voters can get off their asses and do something about it, but they don’t. Then they cry “There’s nothing we can dooo!”

by Anonymousreply 218September 20, 2023 4:31 PM

R212

Yeah, and lets get the ship turned so it doesn't smash against the rocks and drown us all before we start dreaming of unicorns.

by Anonymousreply 219September 20, 2023 4:31 PM

R219 The Republican Party only came about in the 19th century. It hasn’t always been Dem vs GOP. It doesn’t have to be. But obviously if you want to accept things only as they are, that’s your choice, and I guess you get exactly what you deserve.

by Anonymousreply 220September 20, 2023 4:37 PM

This is not a parliamentary system. In a parliamentary system multiple parties gain seats form coalitions etc. We have a two party system. it is not designed for 3rd parties. Third parties cannot win. It is a myth and total bullshit to think they can. Until they purge the extremists and start becoming rational, and stop this scorched earth, all or nothing approach they cannot be allowed to manipulate our electoral process to gain any traction. They are anti democracy. They want to dismantle our government and stop it from functioning. That is their goal. They are tools of the dark money gang. Look at the chaos in the House. They are fighting among themselves. Some of you may not have noticed, but the insurrection is still going on.

by Anonymousreply 221September 20, 2023 4:38 PM

[quote][R214] Did my point go over your head? People won’t support or vote for third parties because they think they can’t win

How many have won, r218?

by Anonymousreply 222September 20, 2023 4:39 PM

Cue the transgender senate race. You know what’s next……

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223September 20, 2023 4:40 PM

Do you honestly believe a third party candidate can win in 2024, r220?

by Anonymousreply 224September 20, 2023 4:41 PM

NY Post, r223?

by Anonymousreply 225September 20, 2023 4:42 PM

R224, Win?, no. Sway the election?, absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 226September 20, 2023 4:47 PM

R224 No we were talking about the Senate, I thought. But of course I don’t think that. I just think people need to look into third parties based on some of these choices (Dem vs GOP) not being to people’s liking. Or even if you feel the major parties are not really representing your interests or getting things done. Just saying that without really researching other options (or even trying to create new options) it’ll never happen. Most people don’t even look at what third parties or their candidates’ platforms are.

by Anonymousreply 227September 20, 2023 4:49 PM

[quote]Sway the election?, absolutely.

Sway??? Jesus friggin' Christ. What's wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 228September 20, 2023 4:49 PM

Open wide, R228.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 20, 2023 4:55 PM

I wish he'd wear a suit. But I'm more bothered by Tuberville holding up military appointments, the failure of the Republican-led house to authorize a budget resolutionand the dishonest attempt to impeach Joe Biden. We need to prioriitize.

by Anonymousreply 230September 20, 2023 5:47 PM

No, R230, we need to call out horseshit wherever we see it, and it can be happening in more than one way at the same time.

And we need to stop whining, "Well, Republicans disrespect the Senate too!" Is this really gonna be how low we set the bar? At being as serious and respectful as Republicans? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 231September 20, 2023 6:07 PM

"Is this really gonna be how low we set the bar?"

Is this the fucking hill you're ready to die on? Hoodies and shorts in the Senate floor?

It sure as hell isn't mine, especially when crazy ass Republicans want to overthrow the United States government and install Donald Trump as permanent president. And they're going to fucking try and do it whether Fetterman is dressed in hoodie and shorts or if he's dressed in a $10,000.00 Savile Row custom made suit.

Quite frankly, there are much, much bigger fish to fry and a Senate dress code can wait. In fact, if I were in charge of prioritizing things, it would be at the very bottom of any list of things to do.

A hoodie and basketball shorts aren't the existentialist threat to America that you and so many others think it is, which only leads me to believe you're just Republicans trolls stirring up your usual shit. And your post is redolent of all "the trans are coming, the trans are coming" histrionics and hysteria of this past spring and summer here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 232September 20, 2023 6:31 PM

Fetterman explains how the Republicans can get him to wear a suit to Congress:

[quote]In a press release issued by the senator's office on Wednesday, Fetterman said that "if those jagoffs in the House stop trying to shut our government down, and fully support Ukraine, then I will save democracy by wearing a suit on the Senate floor next week."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233September 20, 2023 7:24 PM

There’s no excuse for this look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 20, 2023 7:52 PM

He looks like hell but nothing he's done is as bad as Tuberville. And to the poster who thinks we should get equally bent out of shape, well, no. As long as Fetterman shows up to vote, I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 235September 20, 2023 7:55 PM

[quote]—Liberal Dem

Sure, Jan @ r234.

by Anonymousreply 236September 20, 2023 8:01 PM

You do like that sign-off, don't you.

by Anonymousreply 237September 20, 2023 8:17 PM

Rest assured that when I'm Majority Leader again, the no-hoodies rule will go back into ironclad effect!

by Anonymousreply 238September 20, 2023 8:23 PM

It gets the point across, r237.

by Anonymousreply 239September 20, 2023 8:23 PM

Fair enough, R239. She was fantastic in that role.

by Anonymousreply 240September 20, 2023 8:26 PM

I bet all of them are loose

by Anonymousreply 241September 20, 2023 8:28 PM

Yes, r240, indeed she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242September 20, 2023 8:30 PM

[quote] “If those jagoffs in the House stop trying to shut our government down, and fully support Ukraine, then I will save democracy by wearing a suit on the Senate floor next week.”

Fortunately he had some office aide handy to compose and type that out for him. When he actually speaks it doesn't come out nearly as well.

Senator John Fetterman responds to concerns over changing the Senate dress code to accommodate his hoodies and gym shorts:

"Her platform, you know, really, she runs on more and more dingaling, you know, pics, you know, on in the meetings over in Congress"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 20, 2023 8:36 PM

Go back to bashing Biden, r243. Why, sometimes I wonder whose side you're on. It's a puzzlement.

by Anonymousreply 244September 20, 2023 8:39 PM

R153 is in her pajamas on her Spirit flight and probably wears her Sunday best, a purple velour pant suit, to the Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 245September 20, 2023 11:50 PM

R236….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246September 21, 2023 12:01 AM

[quote] January 6 wasn’t shocking because the Capitol is a temple, or because the Senate floor is a sacred place. The harm was not symbolic, but material: Rioters tried to violently overthrow the government. Similarly, the problem with the Senate is not how it looks, but what it does. Joe Manchin is largely responsible for doubling child poverty last year — who cares what he wears? His vote is what matters. Manchin’s behavior gets at the heart of things. The Senate is a profane and occasionally grotesque institution, concerned more with an esoteric sense of decorum than with human welfare. Most senators deserve contempt, no matter what they wear. If you don’t believe me, listen to Mitt Romney.

[...]

[quote] The same Republicans who are just so shocked at Fetterman’s outfits are largely in thrall to Donald Trump, who certainly has no respect for the Senate as a deliberative body or for democracy in general. The real spectacle isn’t Fetterman in his shorts, but the Senate itself. A dog in a suit is still a dog. Let Joe Manchin bark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 21, 2023 2:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248September 21, 2023 6:15 PM

Re R145:

[quote] Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) is circulating a resolution to reverse Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer's decision to loosen Senate dress code, according to three senators familiar with effort. It has bipartisan support and could be filed as soon as today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 21, 2023 7:35 PM

The video is embedded in the story. I think it helps explain why from his perspective attire just doesn't mean as much. I still disagree, but it does provide perspective.

[quote] In a hearing with people with disabilities, Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA) gets emotional showing his cellphone transcription app & addressing those who mock him for his auditory processing struggles:

[quote] “How can we become more empathetic, more responsive, and more effective senators?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250September 21, 2023 8:06 PM

THey still require women to wear sleeves for god sakes. Who needs a fucking dress code? Do you really need a suit to do your job better? Just show up, legislate and vote, how about that?

by Anonymousreply 251September 21, 2023 8:11 PM

[quote]Rioters tried to violently overthrow the government.

They just forgot to bring guns.

by Anonymousreply 252September 21, 2023 8:26 PM

^^^.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 21, 2023 8:53 PM

I don’t think he needs to wear a suit. But I think he should wear pants. I don’t want to see old men in shorts outside of the beach. Same with old women. Business casual would be fine. A polo shirt, jeans, khakis, lots of comfortable clothes out there that aren’t shorts and hoodies.

by Anonymousreply 254September 21, 2023 9:16 PM

Ronald Reagan never removed his suit jacket while in the Oval Office, thinking it was disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 255September 21, 2023 9:25 PM

R253 It took this long to find “evidence” there were guns? What does that tell you? It was not an armed insurrection with everyone armed to the teeth wih guns, bombs, rocket launchers, automatic weapons, whatever. Not an armed coup.

by Anonymousreply 256September 21, 2023 9:44 PM

r256 it twernt no peaceful protest either.

by Anonymousreply 257September 22, 2023 12:08 AM

The Secret Service had set up metal detectors around the perimeter of the area where Trump was giving his speech and holding his rally. He grew very angry and told them to stop. The agents told him that MANY in the crowd had guns and other weapons, and he said it was OK because they would never hurt him, they didn't bring those weapons and guns to use against him..

by Anonymousreply 258September 22, 2023 12:55 AM

Looking at the state of the homeless alone in Philadelphia-Fetterman’s state -one would think there are more pressing issues than his desire to look like a slob.

by Anonymousreply 259September 22, 2023 1:37 AM

Yeah lets not act PA and Philly are on the cutting edge of fashion 🙄, as it been said most of his constits dress just like him.

by Anonymousreply 260September 22, 2023 1:51 AM

Never understood a dress code at work. I worked for a large financial services company and we had a big meeting about a company vote to allow us to wear jeans at work. You can guess how it was split. Those who were not in management were all for it. Management was against it because it looked unprofessional. Ultimately it passed by vote but management and HR were so pissed they released a 20-page booket and approved jeans. I kid you not. 20 pages on What brand we could wear, what styles, no holes, no acid wash, no skinny jeans no jeggings...it was endless.

by Anonymousreply 261September 22, 2023 2:27 AM

I worked for an international financial firm twenty years ago, where you were not allowed on the floor where the executive offices were without a necktie.

by Anonymousreply 262September 22, 2023 3:00 AM

R215 Is wiping too much to ask of a US Senator? I'd hate to put him out.

by Anonymousreply 263September 22, 2023 3:07 AM

How odd that I don't see any conservatives upset about this breach of standards.

Maybe Manchin will draft a petition against this as well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264September 22, 2023 11:21 AM

Decorum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265September 22, 2023 7:46 PM

It's not that he can't. It's that he won't.

If he legitimately couldn't wear clothing appropriate to the Senate floor I'm certain there would be no fuss over an individual exception for the duration of the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 22, 2023 7:50 PM

Would someone please reply "Whatever, you old cunt" to Greene. My X/Twitter is in my real name so I can't.

by Anonymousreply 267September 22, 2023 8:03 PM

Ok, how about my idea for having the pages wearing wrestling gear?

by Anonymousreply 268September 23, 2023 3:44 PM

We're heading to a government shutdown but, yes, let's focus on this.

by Anonymousreply 269September 23, 2023 3:47 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 270September 23, 2023 3:49 PM

The Post tried eating at NYC’s finest restaurants dressed like Sen. John Fetterman — see how it went

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 23, 2023 8:58 PM

NY Post, r271? My, my, how you trifle.

by Anonymousreply 272September 23, 2023 9:02 PM

R271, I wouldn't serve anyone at my restaurant who freely admitted they work at a fucking rag like the NY Post. Wouldn't matter if they were wearing a 10k custom suit or a hoodie and shorts.

by Anonymousreply 273September 23, 2023 9:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274September 24, 2023 4:25 AM

Rep. Clay Higgins

[quote] Are we supposed to believe that this guy can’t dress himself yet he can perform as a Senator?

[quote] Let me say that I don’t buy it. This lurch is a communist and he’s demonstrating his allegiance to Marxist principles by wearing “workers clothes”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 24, 2023 5:17 AM

John Fetterman is a man child who needs to grow the fuck up. What professional wears gym shorts to work. It’s fucking embarrassing.

Time to man-up and put on a suit like everyone else.

What a fucking slob.

by Anonymousreply 276September 24, 2023 8:56 AM

Here is my vote for the political dress code Also the one of him in daisy dukes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 24, 2023 9:36 AM

More political fashion. I know they aren’t at work but we can only hope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278September 24, 2023 9:39 AM

[quote] There are members in the Senate who literally want all gays dead, but sure let's focus all our energy on a guy who refuses to pay thousands just to look like a pretentious useless asshole.

How absurd. That’s a completely false equivalence, because, while there may well be Rethuglican Senators who “want all gays dead,” there’s currently no one proposing that and against whom we should be spending our precious time battling. In addition, people are perfectly capable of expressing an opinion on an anonymous message board that John Fetterman should put on a damn suit (which wouldn't cost him thousands of dollars), AND taking steps to oppose all Repukes, including those who want to put us to death. If his stroke seriously inhibits his physical ability to get into a suit, there are alternatives short of him looking like a slob who wandered onto the floor of the Senate chamber from a pick-up game of hoops.

by Anonymousreply 279September 24, 2023 10:35 AM

Gisele Fetterman just did a puff piece in washington post. Divert to their emotional issues after the suit fiasco so we feel sorry for them.

This is politics, baby!

by Anonymousreply 280September 24, 2023 10:45 AM

Great misreporting that you idiots have internalized. All Schumer did was ask that the dress code not be enforced. R136 is living in the 1950s (and probably typing in his shorts or pjs)---almost no jobs have dress codes anymore. In fact, "casual Fridays" have been typical in both houses as people often leave early to return to their home states/districts.

by Anonymousreply 281September 24, 2023 11:59 AM

R281, If not for Fetterman, this would have never been an issue.

by Anonymousreply 282September 24, 2023 1:04 PM

Close, bot exactly, R281

Sherrilyn Ifill

[quote] I admit I’m not a fan of shorts on the Senate floor. I’m also not a fan of denim vests in the Leader’s chair. I just think that at a moment of democratic crisis, we can’t afford to treat this as an important issue.

[quote] B/c if we’re super honest, we know that if AOC wore a denim vest in the Speaker’s chair & Sen. Booker wore shorts on the Senate floor, the conversation would be different.🤷🏾‍♀️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 24, 2023 10:50 PM

^^^

Meant to say "but not exactly"

by Anonymousreply 284September 24, 2023 10:51 PM

[quote] if AOC wore a denim vest in the Speaker’s chair & Sen. Booker wore shorts on the Senate floor, the conversation would be different

Ifill is a professional race baiter but I really don't see her slant on this one. I expect the conversion would be exactly the same with two black slobs as this one white slob.

by Anonymousreply 285September 25, 2023 12:14 AM

Even if was a well fitted and tasteful tracksuit. Like an expensive one that appears minimal effort was put in.

by Anonymousreply 286September 25, 2023 1:19 AM

[quote] Ifill is a professional race baiter

No, she is not.

by Anonymousreply 287September 25, 2023 1:41 AM

[quote] Sen. John Fetterman said during Dem lunch he will wear a suit when speaking or presiding over the chamber

[quote] If not in a suit, Fetterman will vote from the cloakroom, per sources familiar with the discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288September 27, 2023 6:34 PM

A fair compromise. Now, let’s never have to hear about this again.

by Anonymousreply 289September 27, 2023 8:57 PM

A pity. I was looking forward to seeing AOC vote in her Daisy Dukes and coconut shell bra.

by Anonymousreply 290September 27, 2023 9:07 PM

Joke is on Fetterman because every guy wore a suit & tie in the chamber yesterday. John looks like the asshole, grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 291September 28, 2023 1:16 AM

R291: You're a moronic fussbudget and I'll bet you rarely wear anything remotely formal.

by Anonymousreply 292September 28, 2023 2:03 AM

Senate unanimously voted today to restore the dress code. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 293September 28, 2023 2:18 AM

Link

Brava

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 28, 2023 2:22 AM

^ Good. If it wasn’t relaxed for all, it shouldn’t have been relaxed for just the Senators.

by Anonymousreply 295September 28, 2023 2:23 AM

The Senate should adopt a No Wig and No Hairpiece rule. Let's find out what Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski actually look like under all that ersatz fur . . .

by Anonymousreply 296September 28, 2023 2:26 AM

Would hairplugs come under your no hairpiece rule ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297September 28, 2023 2:34 AM

The resolution slapping down Schumer and Fetterman was put forward by Joe Manchin.

by Anonymousreply 298September 28, 2023 3:44 AM

[quote]but he also didn't want to buy a suit.

Seriously, hoodie and shorts?

So, he couldn't buy pants and a dress shirt?

There is more space between a hoodie and a suit than a pass around bottom's hole after a weekend gangbang.

by Anonymousreply 299September 28, 2023 4:03 AM

It’s an accommodation that never should’ve been made. Unlikely Fetterman will complete his first term.

by Anonymousreply 300September 28, 2023 1:11 PM

This will come back to haunt Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 301September 28, 2023 1:13 PM

Something ought to, R301. Ghu knows he's got a lot of irrelevancies under his belt.

by Anonymousreply 302September 28, 2023 1:15 PM

Fetterman can't find comfortable pants and a shirt to wear in the Senate? He MUST wear shorts and a hoddie. He really is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 303September 28, 2023 1:46 PM

The new Senate Dress Code is completely sexist and out of line:

"The resolution, passed by voice vote with no objections, requires that ”business attire be worn on the floor of the Senate, which for men shall include a coat, tie, and slacks or other long pants.” It did not specify what women should wear."

Under this new Code, Susan Collins actually *WOULD BE ALLOWED* to show up on the Senate floor in the bikini she keeps threatening to put on.

by Anonymousreply 304September 28, 2023 2:37 PM

I agree with the poster above that the hoodie is to hide his neck goiter.

by Anonymousreply 305September 28, 2023 2:37 PM

Washington Examiner, r297? Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 306September 28, 2023 2:45 PM

Two words...government shutdown

by Anonymousreply 307September 28, 2023 2:47 PM

someone needs to be slapped in the senate, and it ain't fetterman

by Anonymousreply 308September 28, 2023 3:02 PM

Schumer’s a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 309September 28, 2023 7:14 PM

[quote] Fetterman is now wearing a suit as he’s walks into preside in the Senate chamber

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310September 28, 2023 8:59 PM

Christ, what an attention-seeking drama queen this man is! So he was quite capable of wearing a suit all along. He just wanted to be Chuck's super-duper special little boy who got to break the rules.

by Anonymousreply 311September 28, 2023 10:41 PM

Fetterman's been known to troll people, so this might have all been an elaborate stunt.

by Anonymousreply 312September 28, 2023 11:08 PM

I think it would be appropriate to allow business casual dress or no tie required, at least during the summer months. But to wear a hoodie and shorts is absolutely disrespectful to the institution of Congress and the Capitol. WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 313September 29, 2023 12:11 AM

John Fetterman & his famewhore wife Gisele Fetterman arw the biggest bunch of tools.

by Anonymousreply 314September 29, 2023 2:24 AM

No, R114, the biggest tools are the crazy Repukes who conducted a sham impeachment hearing today where the stsr witnesses couldn't produce a single shred of evidence to support their allegations, as the federal government careens toward a shutdown because these same jack asses cant stop their infighting long enough to do what they were elected to do., which is actually govern.

But you and all the other simpletons keep harping about somebody "disrespectin' a dress code. Nothing like having your priorities on view for all to see your sheer stupidity snd ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 315September 29, 2023 2:43 AM

R312, such merriment! What an opportune time for jolly japes on the Senate floor, now that there's no serious business to attend to!

A mirthful distraction to bring joy to our bored Senators as they wait for something more important to do with their time!

What a hilarious, puckish jokester that Fetterman fellow is!

by Anonymousreply 316September 29, 2023 3:55 PM

Fetterman is a useless senator who seems to be spending his time trolling & making a spectacle of himself for PR purposes.

He is making up the time from those 3 months he called out sick.

When will he give a floor speech in the Senate?

by Anonymousreply 317September 29, 2023 4:15 PM

[quote] When will he give a floor speech in the Senate?

I can picture that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318September 29, 2023 4:25 PM

Why does John Fetterman 👍 like Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 319September 29, 2023 7:17 PM

When will John Fetterman give a floor speech?

by Anonymousreply 320October 2, 2023 9:41 AM

[quote] When will John Fetterman give a floor speech?

Chuck is willing to make a deal but Bob has refused to be replaced in the act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 3, 2023 2:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!