Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

iOS 17 Is Available for iPhone

I'm downloading it now.

Has anyone installed it yet?

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2023 1:58 AM

I have

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2023 8:37 PM

Hate it! When I proofread anything and try to go back and use my cursor to correct or add something, it highlights the entire word ad will not allow me to just plunk the cursor in front of a letter and change it.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2023 2:44 AM

How can I go back to the previous version? I don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2023 3:07 AM

Automatic updates is turned off on mine. I’m waiting to see how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2023 3:24 AM

I dislike the changes to Car Play too.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2023 3:27 AM

Sounds basic but I hate what they’ve done with the Clock app with multiple timers. I’ve managed my own timers for over a decade, thanks Apple.

Also if the autocorrect on the iPhone is any indication of the state of AI, then that technology is grossly overrated. It’s ridiculous how terrible the autocorrect and predictive text are, especially on such an expensive device.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2023 4:14 AM

This is going around FB:

“IMPORTANT PRIVACY UPDATE: If you have an iPhone and have done the recent iOS 17 update, they have set a new feature called NameDrop defaulted to ON. This feature allows the sharing of your contact info just by bringing your phones close together. To shut this off go to Settings, General, AirDrop, Bringing Devices Together. Change to OFF”

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2023 10:43 AM

I can’t find “bringing devices together” under airdrop.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2023 1:40 PM

Thanks R7!

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2023 2:45 PM

Yes, it alerted me to download it last week. I have an iPhone 13. I honestly don't do that much with my phone outside of social media. I haven't noticed a change yet.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2023 9:28 PM

My avatars next to all the emojis are gone.

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2023 9:41 PM

Damn you iOS give back my cursor!

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2023 2:10 AM

What R2 said. The cursor highlighting the word that I want to edit is extremely annoying. Plus, none of the suggestions are helpful.

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2023 3:10 AM

R7 bless you. I was wondering WTF this was whenever my devices were together and had no idea how to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2023 3:17 AM

Now I’m getting messages that iOS 17 will be downloaded and installed tonight. Not only has it already been installed but i have received notification that it’s been installed.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2023 3:51 PM

R7, you might consider doing a post on that news. Thanks kind person for the news.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2023 4:47 PM

[quote]f you have an iPhone and have done the recent iOS 17 update, they have set a new feature called NameDrop defaulted to ON.

It's rather exaggerated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2023 7:29 PM

[quote]f you have an iPhone and have done the recent iOS 17 update, they have set a new feature called NameDrop defaulted to ON.

It's rather exaggerated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2023 7:29 PM

It's rather exaggerated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2023 7:29 PM

My apologies for the multiple posts. Fucked up browser. 🤬

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2023 7:31 PM

For those who want control over their cursor, hold down space bar till the keyboard goes blank and then move the cursor with your finger acting like a touch pad.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2023 7:33 PM

Thank you, whoever explained the obnoxious leak of privacy

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2023 9:05 PM

I don’t even have the Name Drop thing

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2023 1:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!