Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is Actor X?

Another one. Who is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2023 9:33 PM

James Franco?

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2023 3:54 PM

Bea Arthur?

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2023 3:55 PM

George Clooney

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2023 3:57 PM

Dick Van Dyke?

Mel Brooks?

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2023 4:12 PM

Henry Cavill

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2023 4:13 PM

^ BAH!

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2023 4:14 PM

I'm glad Jim Field Smith is speaking out, but I'm surprised that he thought addressing this issue only with the actor's agent and the actor himself would lead to the actor (and apparently director, as per the "and behind the camera" reference) not working anymore. Of course, such heinous activity SHOULD at least lead to an actor being dropped by his powerful agency, but did Smith really believe that would actually happen?

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2023 4:31 PM

It seems "Actor X" is working "behind and in front of" the camera. Since Franco's career is effectively over, I'd say Bradley Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2023 4:49 PM

Ben Affleck?

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2023 4:50 PM

Kenneth Branaugh

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2023 4:53 PM

It would be interesting if it *is* Clooney

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2023 5:31 PM

Baffleck

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2023 5:54 PM

DiCaprio

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2023 5:55 PM

It's not me you fags!

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2023 6:24 PM

Christian Bale?

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2023 6:38 PM

It’s someone who’s British and might be David Walliams (sp?) .

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2023 6:40 PM

Jason Bateman

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2023 6:58 PM

It says a "Hollywood" actor so probably not a guy who is primarily known in Britain

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2023 7:01 PM

Why is he protecting this person? If he knows that he is an abuser, out him.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2023 7:07 PM

Jason Sudeikis

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2023 7:16 PM

Ryan Reynolds

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2023 7:16 PM

Jonah Hill

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2023 7:16 PM

Sounds like another case for the Rape Brigade.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2023 7:19 PM

Leo?

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2023 7:22 PM

Attention whoring by the douchey director. If you are going to accuse, accuse.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2023 7:22 PM

Cruise? Thinly veiled threats sounds like Co$.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2023 7:30 PM

R25 I felt that way too. Lame to call it out unless you are going to NAME NAMES.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2023 7:30 PM

He's probably put himself in a terrible position by saying it the way he said it, because if even a second Brand type emerges, there's a lot of pressure on everybody to say what they know.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2023 7:43 PM

Would it be very hard to figure? Check out IMDB and see the director's projects, then see if there's anything to indicate a casting of someone when someone else had been in discussions or rumoured to be in discussions. It doesn't always stay quiet who was up for a part.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2023 7:45 PM

I thought all the bad people (Harvey, Casey Affleck, James Franco, Bryan Singer, Mel Gibson) were purged.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2023 7:49 PM

^ Mel Gibson still works, he hasn't been "purged" at all

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2023 7:54 PM

His IMDb profile shows mainly British tv shows and series. The only thing of note is the 2010 movie “She’s out of my League” with Jay Baruchel and T. J. Miller. Nothing that would interest the likes of Cruise or DiCaprio or Gibson.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2023 8:06 PM

Casey Affleck still works.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2023 8:11 PM

Has any female ever been me too'ed?

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2023 8:12 PM

Does this revelation mean the perp is definitely a sexual predator or perhaps just an ass that no one wants to work with (Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper)?

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2023 8:13 PM

Oops, meant to post IMDB link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2023 8:14 PM

I’ll guess Ben Stiller.

In any case, this guy is a wuss for being cryptic about this person’s identity. If he doesn’t want to name names, he should have taken this information to Ronan Farrow or another investigative reporter.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2023 8:14 PM

Noel Clarke

[quote]In any case, this guy is a wuss for being cryptic about this person’s identity

Never heard of libel laws?

[quote] If he doesn’t want to name names, he should have taken this information to Ronan Farrow or another investigative reporter.

And what? They wouldn't publish anything without flawless evidence, again - libel laws.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2023 8:20 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2023 3:08 AM

Seth Rogen

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2023 4:25 AM

R40 I was thinking of him too.

Rogen and Franco seem to be, generally speaking, in fewer and fewer projects which may mean bridges burned. They struck me as the likeliest candidates.

Cooper seems unlikely. Clooney, possibly? But he doesn't seem super likely either.

Cruise has long been an asshole and, clam issues aside, his peculiarities are not new news.

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2023 4:30 AM

This is turning into a witch hunt, yet again. If you’re not willing to name names (McCarthy, anyone), then keep your trap shut. It just comes off as attention-seeing.

Are any of us really surprised that people are shooting up pizza parlors? More hysteria.

If you have a problem, go to the police and make a report. I have absolutely no sympathy if you don’t. If you’re willing to sacrifice your self-respect for a career, that’s on you. There’s a price to pay. It’s like Rose McGowan who took money and then cried rape years later and now wants to be the hero.

This hysteria over sex is really getting insane, and I say this as someone who was raped.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2023 4:46 AM

My first thought was Franco, who still works, though not as often as before.

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2023 7:31 AM

[quote]Are any of us really surprised that people are shooting up pizza parlors? More hysteria.

You're a fucking moron.

And once again people, the guy is a British TV director, it's going to be a Brit, not Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2023 9:33 AM

What did the actor do? The article mentions nothing specific.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2023 9:55 AM

Sean Penn? He's known for being a violent asshole, works in front of and behind the camera. Seems to wield a lot of power in Hollywood. Beat up Madonna and Robin Wright when he was with them.

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2023 10:06 AM

R44, the article describes him as a "Hollywood" actor

by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2023 3:43 PM

r47 And yet the actual thread on Twitter does not mention Hollywood at all. And that's why you should always go to primary sources rather than rely on something written by a professional wrestling "journalist"

And while I'm at it, I'll also point out that Smith says he continues to work in front of and behind the camera. So further limit the guesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2023 4:02 PM

Mark Wahlberg, reverting to type

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2023 4:30 PM

Smith has directed several American actors. Just because he's a Brit doesn't mean the "A-list actor" is British.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2023 9:43 PM

It could be Clooney if he was confronted about Lake Como rumors and denied them.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2023 10:20 PM

r50 Again "A-list actor" is not in the tweet thread

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2023 10:30 PM

[quote] But of course several years later X is still working, in front of and behind camera.

Tom Hanks?

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2023 10:31 PM

R52 Not in so many words, but he refers to "their" "very powerful agency." I doubt that all of Hollywood would be contorting itself to protect some minor player. It could be a woman for all the detail in those tweets. And it could be absolutely anybody, or nobody at all. The whole thing could be made up.

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2023 10:39 PM

It would be difficult to expose Clooney, he has several layers of protection in place that have served him well since the 2013 incident.

First, he supposedly used the same high powered, ruthless Fixers that Harvey Weinstein used, Sunshine Sachs Fixers. Sunshine's Fixers were able to intimidate Weinstein's victims into silence for many years until he was finally exposed. They've used the same strong-arm tactics to intimidate and silence Clooney's victim and those in the know. Sunshine Sachs is also the real reason Clooney was at Sussex wedding, he owes Sunshine Sachs, they saved his career.

Second, Clooney's beard comes from an arms dealing family which provides another layer of intimidation and protection. The victim and locals don't want to tangle with her scary arms dealing family. Her uncle is Ziad Takieddine.

Third, allegedly there is a Super Injunction in place that prevents media from reporting on Clooney's misdeeds in Italy and which also explains why the Daily Mail hasn't touched the story. A lawyer/beard sure does come in handy for filing super injunction court orders...

Weinstein finally got exposed because he is ugly and unlikable. Clooney is attractive and charming thus it will take longer to expose him, if ever.

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2023 10:57 PM

Jon Favreau? He seems sleezy enough.

by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2023 11:01 PM

Hugh Jackman?

by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2023 11:04 PM

r54 As I've already said, he doesn't mention Hollywood. Since people seem to have a problem clicking - here's what he actually said:

[quote]I was once dissuaded from hiring Actor X because other actors I was meeting for other roles had heard X might be attached to the project and had said unequivocally they would not work on the project in those circumstances.

[quote]There were no criminal allegations against X, but rather a pattern of behaviour that several people had either noticed or been personally subjected to. When I asked these people why this wasn’t common knowledge, they said that speaking up didn’t seem to make a difference.

[quote]This was really troubling. After not much deliberation, the casting director and I decided not only to cease negotiations with X, but also more importantly to be very open and honest about why we were doing so.

[quote]The fury and thinly-veiled threats I subsequently received from X’s very powerful agency were eye-watering, but not unexpected.

[quote]I was then contacted directly by X. Calmly and - it must be said, somewhat convincingly - they wanted to reassure me that anything I might have heard about them was just gossip. But nonetheless they were keen to know who my “sources” were.

[quote]When I refused to disclose them, X started listing several possible suspects - none of whom, tellingly, were the original sources, thus convincing me we had made the right decision.

[quote]But of course several years later X is still working, in front of and behind camera. Those that had expressed their concerns originally were all right about one thing for sure - speaking up didn’t seem to make a difference.

[quote]The Russell Brand case has brought this all up for me again. If someone in a position of relative power, such as me, can’t really make a dent on a situation like that, then what hope do victims have?

[quote]Are we really surprised that people don’t speak up, when at best it has no effect and at worst it can destroy their own lives further? The onus is not on victims to press charges. There is also not, as Russell Brand seems to think, a statute of limitations on shitty behaviour.

[quote]We should of course hear and enable the victims’ voices. But it’s not them that should be forced to speak up. It’s us.

by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2023 11:11 PM

Please be Chris Pratt

Please be Chris Pratt

Please be Chris Pratt

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2023 11:25 PM

Three words. Sacha Baron Cohen

by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2023 11:27 PM

R58 - the article itself mentions a “very powerful Hollywood actor”. So I’m guessing that’s what people are going off regardless what the director is quoted as saying.

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2023 11:31 PM

It's not Clooney. Whatever you may say about him and God knows I have, he's generally well liked.

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2023 11:33 PM

r61 So the article is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2023 11:33 PM

This director is pretty much exclusively TV in the UK. He hasn’t worked with any big Hollywood actors. I think saying it’s a Hollywood actor as suggested by the author of the article is a bit of a flex (and misinformation). I’d say think bigger name UK actors. Someone that came to mind when he thought of Brand, so maybe someone Brand adjacent?

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2023 11:40 PM

R60 may be on to something…

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2023 11:43 PM

[quote]Has any female ever been me too'ed?

This vile cunt:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2023 11:44 PM

I don't know who this is, but I was DEFINITELY raped by him.

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2023 11:45 PM

[quote]As I've already said, he doesn't mention Hollywood.

But he mentions that the person in question has a "very powerful agency." So do you think the person is a British actor represented by a very powerful agency even though he has no presence in Hollywood? Do you think he means a very powerful agency in England, or in the larger sense? Because no agencies in England are "very powerful" relative to U.S. agents like CAA and WME.

by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2023 11:53 PM

R58 Hollywood/A List... Semantics. Who cares? Every news article about this must have gotten it wrong then. I apologize for not studying the director's tweets in detail before responding to a gossip tidbit. The point is that this person is clearly a very big-name actor/director who wields a lot of power and is being protected by the big guns who represents him (her?), no matter which side of the pond s/he's on. I do find it kind of ironic that Smith makes such a big deal about how "we" (not the victims) need to speak up, and yet he doesn't identify the mysterious Actor X.

by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2023 12:05 AM

[quote]I do find it kind of ironic that Smith makes such a big deal about how "we" (not the victims) need to speak up, and yet he doesn't identify the mysterious Actor X.

Yes, I had the same reaction.

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2023 12:09 AM

Ok so Kenneth Branagh then

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2023 12:22 AM

Ooh, Branagh is a good guess

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2023 12:24 AM

No one has even uttered KB's name since the late 90s. You must be shrooming.

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2023 2:23 AM

Hugh Laurie

Cumberbatch

Idris

by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2023 2:59 AM

Derrrr me. Scratch Idris as he just worked with him. I was mostly joking anyway.

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2023 3:00 AM

No one else immediately thought of actor/producer Ashton Kutcher? "Behind the camera" doesn't necessarily mean actor/director.

Defended Danny Masterson, founded anti-sex abuse charity Thorn from which he just stepped down. Repped by CAA.

And his venture capital firm is called [bold]A[/bold]-Grade Investments ("an A-List actor is allegedly being protected).

Then there was the murder of Kutcher's girlfriend ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2023 3:20 AM

Tobey Maguire produces as well as acts, and he is supposed to be the actor that the sociopathic "Player X" was largely based on in Molly's Game. That player said he didn't enjoy poker, and he didn't enjoy winning, he just enjoyed destroying people.

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2023 3:36 AM

[quote]The only thing of note is the 2010 movie “She’s out of my League” with Jay Baruchel and T. J. Miller

I wonder if it could be Jonah Hill. Baruchel recently came out saying he didn't get along with Hill during the making of This Is The End or in general. Hill seems like he could have been considered for the Miller role in League.

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2023 4:08 AM

r41 Franco was unemployable for years and for the most part, still is (he's doing lower budget stuff). Seth Rogen has a popular series on Apple+ and just had a hit movie this summer with the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which he wrote and produced (and actually did both, not just like a credit for work his company did). He also voiced Donkey Kong in Super Mario Bros and they're doing a spinoff starring Donkey Kong. His new major studio movie DUMB MONEY is in limited release and getting a wide release in a few weeks. Sorry for the bio, but if someone wants to stupidly throw names out because a name pops into their head, i'm happy to point out all the studios still working with him. Also a huge fan of his.

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2023 4:21 AM

Martin Freeman or Jame Corden.

by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2023 4:31 AM

r80 James not Jame. But it's funny to consider the singular version of James

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2023 4:33 AM

r68 Christ, how fucking dense are you? Or does absolutely everything have to revolve around the US? If you work almost exclusively in the UK, then the British agencies would be rather powerful, wouldn't they? Get it now?

r69 Yeah, what the fuck do facts matter, eh? And another moron who has never heard of libel laws.

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2023 11:00 AM

I know, R82. People are so dense. This guy directs pretty much only UK tv series, the biggest UK celebrity he’s worked with is Iris Elba, but Ashton Kutcher, Tobey Maguire, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, etc, are wondering why he won’t work with them…This guy doesn’t seem big enough that any Hollywood actors would even know him.

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2023 11:08 AM

Thought Sean Penn at first. According to blinds, he's involved in a lot of shady business. However, I think it's more likely to do with a Scientologist. They have a reputation for leaning on people.

by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2023 1:00 PM

Not sure how "dense" you two are at R82 / R83 to not realize that "Hollywood actor being protected against ‘troubling’ abuse allegations, director warns" means Hollywood. Not London. So any guess that is not Hollywood is wrong out of the gate. Which is why we are guessing Hollywood names.

WOW YOU TWO ARE DENSE.

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2023 1:29 PM

R85, some people are noting correctly that the word "Hollywood" appears nowhere in Jim Field Smith's quotes about this whole thing, so they think whoever wrote the article about it may have just assumed it was a Hollywood actor and may have added that word.

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2023 3:43 PM

Steven Fries

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2023 5:25 PM

r85 Because a newspaper would surely never lie to increase clicks, would they? Go ahead, click on the "journalist's" name from that article. I'm sure he's massively experienced with Hollywood and deeply connected and....

[quote]Alistair McGeorge | Freelance WWE and Entertainment Reporter Lover of professional wrestling, pop punk and terrible horror films. Contributing reporter covering all things WWE, AEW, IMPACT Wrestling and beyond.

Oh.

But feel free to point out to me where Field Smith himself ever refers to Hollywood. Or feel free to point out to me which one of his projects featured a big Hollywood star.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2023 6:02 PM

Not our fault that the article leads with "Hollywood" and not anyone else's fault to guess Hollywood stars. But I understand now that it may be misleading and even wrong, R86 / R88.

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2023 7:14 PM

I'm wondering if it's Mark Wahlberg. He started his own production company because, in his words, he wasn't getting the parts that were going to Cruise, DiCaprio and others. And he wanted to be in charge of finding properties and getting roles that he wasn't otherwise getting. He has a history.

However, the England thing is throwing me off.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2023 7:17 PM

Jude Law?

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2023 7:27 PM

I don’t think Wahlberg because Wahlberg basically makes his own movies.

Ben Affleck is definitely a contender.

I don’t think it’s Bradley Cooper. I remember Cameron Crowe calling him a “weird bird” to Amy Pascal in the Sony e-mail hacks. I don’t think it’s him.

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2023 7:44 PM

It would be someone we wouldn’t suspect.

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2023 7:44 PM

r89 And I wasn't faulting anyone for going off the article. I called someone dense because even after it was pointed out that the article was wrong, they still tried to double down and insist it must be about a Hollywood star.

It will surprise no-one to learn that the Metro is owned by the same company that owns the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2023 8:26 PM

Is there a Madame X?

by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2023 8:35 PM

r95 Funny you should ask. I was looking through Jim Field Smith's likes, in the hope of getting a clue on who he was talking about (unsuccessfully) and he liked this:

[quote]You hear about weird, inappropriate stuff, rarely witness it, but I’ve seen enough over 30 years in TV. eg. The male presenter who insisted on a meeting in his dressing room who then stripped off. The male presenter who wore just a towelling robe to prod meetings and let it fall open. The female presenter who regularly stood in front of my colleague to put her hands down his trousers as I stood beside them on set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 20, 2023 8:41 PM

I hope it's not Sacha- looking at his IMDB, he doesn't do much television, aside from his own series.

Ricky Gervais did direct a movie, and done a fair bit of British tv. I hope it's not him either.

by Anonymousreply 97September 20, 2023 8:53 PM

No, R85. Some of us are just better at thinking critically than you obviously are.

by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2023 9:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!