Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hosting a Dinner Party, Your Thoughts?

Ideas for my party:

Cocktails like English milk punch, gin, apple toddy, or white tiger’s milk.

Then baked venison and mulligatawny soup. Along with vegetables. Maybe a tart or mince meat pie for dessert. Served with port and wine.

Rousing parlor games such as the Minister’s Cat, Are you there, Moriarty?, and Blind Man’s Buff.

Then, to end the evening, we will all sing hymns and Gilbert and Sullivan around the piano.

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2023 3:22 AM

For the vegetables, I was thinking beets, cabbage, turnips, and potatoes

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2023 1:09 AM

Are you Charles Dickens, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2023 1:10 AM

R2 Please, Henry James.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2023 1:12 AM

Yes it all sounds lovely OP. I'll be wearing this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2023 1:19 AM

Please don't invite me.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2023 1:20 AM

R4 it is effete Eastern attire please!

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2023 1:21 AM

R5 why????

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2023 1:22 AM

Whist. You must play at whist

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2023 1:26 AM

Claret with dinner should provide a delicate coloring of the cheeks

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2023 1:28 AM

R9 Oooooh thank you!

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2023 1:39 AM

Datalounge may well be your family, OP, but most families talk to each other, not to themselves.

Which may be why you've managed to offend so many people here so as to be grey-lined in half an hour.

Which, honestly, is an accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2023 1:48 AM

Mince meat pie is not a dessert!

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2023 3:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!