Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg Finishes TWhichhe IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlon.

A 1.2-mile swim, a 56-mile bike ride, and a 13.1-mile run.

70.3 miles in total.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2023 11:23 PM

Sorry for the typo in the thread title.

Video of him crossing the finish line

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2023 12:45 AM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2023 12:50 AM

I like him but he sometimes doesn’t seem like a serious person.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2023 12:50 AM

Looks like his time was 6 hours, 23 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2023 12:51 AM

[quote]I like him but he sometimes doesn’t seem like a serious person.

Of course the ancient shut-ins of DL would find something as normal as doing a triathlon weird and frivolous.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2023 1:00 AM

I’m more impressed that he did it while wearing a business suit and tie.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2023 1:07 AM

He had to bike 56 miles because the roads are in too bad shape to drive on.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2023 1:08 AM

II rarely hear about him anymore. I guess he’s been busy training.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2023 1:08 AM

R8 he is always making appearances on all forms of media. You must be media poor

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2023 1:14 AM

As others have pointed out, if married couple Pete and Chasten had gotten caught doing what Lauren Boobfart did in a crowded theatre we never would hear the end of it. That alone is a reason why this is relevant. So as R5 says, let's celebrate that he can make a commitment to years of training and finish the event in the top quarter percentile

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2023 1:21 AM

Take that, Mother Pence! My Peter is a REAL MAN!

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote]As others have pointed out, if married couple Pete and Chasten had gotten caught doing what Lauren Boobfart did in a crowded theatre we never would hear the end of it.

OMG I never thought of that but you are absolutely right. It would be the lead story on Fox News and Pete would be vilified as morally degenerate and unfit for office and etc. etc.

It would be REALLY ugly, a total shitstorm.

Really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2023 1:34 AM

What media? I watch cable news, read NYT and Washington Post. Haven’t seen PB since the last travel meltdown a while ago. Does he do a lot of Sunday network shows? Serious question. I was a big fan in 2020. He just seems low profile to me now.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2023 1:40 AM

r13 if Pete had done what that skank Boebert did you'd better believe it would be big news.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2023 1:43 AM

I can't keep my low profile down. He's too gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2023 1:43 AM

Where was I when he was single?

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2023 1:44 AM

Did you miss his big tour of Alaska with GOP Senator Murkowski a month ago today, R13?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2023 1:45 AM

I skipped the Anchorage Daily News that day.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2023 1:49 AM

Take that motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2023 1:51 AM

Not bad for a midget!

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2023 1:51 AM

I want to admire this, but I don’t see how someone with young twins and a job can have the time. Unless one of the other things isn’t getting enough attention. Training in three different activities is time consuming, more so than running a marathon or playing golf.

This is an activity you pursue when you’ve been in the same job for a while and you make a decision that one year you will put your career just a little bit on the back burner so you can also do this. This isn’t what you do when you are secretary of transportation.

Someone suggested that if Buttigieg and his spouse had been kicked out of a theater for pawing each other and other inappropriate behaviors the reaction would’ve been even greater. I agree. But I also think that if a female Secretary of transportation took maternity leave and then started doing triathlons she’d be raked over the coals.

It’s isn’t that big of a deal. I just don’t think it’s a good look.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2023 1:53 AM

Thanks r21. That’s what I feel as well. I wanted Pete as VP in 2020. But now I get vibes like being Secretary of Transportation is too boring for him. He seems almost flaky like another Beto type.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2023 1:59 AM

[quote]I like him but he sometimes doesn’t seem like a serious person.

A triathlete isn't "a serious person?" Are you serious? You sound pretty dumb TBH.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2023 2:00 AM

ConcernTrollLounge

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2023 2:01 AM

He should be with me, not him!

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2023 2:03 AM

He's already in great shape, you don't have to do a lot of training if that's the case. God, some of you are so clueless about regular, modern activities.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2023 2:05 AM

Pete Buttigeig finishes in my mouth

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2023 2:07 AM

There will be a divorce

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2023 2:10 AM

That's awesome. I admire people who have the will power and discipline to do triathlons. Excellent job, brother!

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2023 2:11 AM

Oi, fit Secretary!

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2023 2:12 AM

My sacrifices make it possible for Peter to do these things!

My Peter is always off on his Infrastructure Fact Finding trips with that tramp assistant t Trace. I am essentially a single mother! I have tits to my knees from breastfeeding those brats!

I have to endure the snickering of the other bitch cabinet wives and the First Lady. “Oh Chasten! You’re a stay at home mom! And that’s worthy, too! If you l’ll excuse me, I have to go grade papers. I don’t just sit around as First Lady; I am a PROFESSOR.”

Well Fuck You, Doctor Jill Biden! You’re as bad as Mother Buttigieg!

And does my cheap husband show me any gratitude! NO! I still don’t have that goddamn minivan! Although Peter found thousands of dollars to pay for that private personal trainer, Cesar!

And where is my husband tonight?? He says he’s preparing for an early meeting at the office tomorrow, but I think he’s really stuffing dollar bills down some male stripper’s thong at a gay bar!

I am going to drink another bottle of Whispering Angel and call it a night!

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2023 2:17 AM

He's tryin' to be all masculine and stuff so ya don't notice he's a homosexual! Can't fool me!

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2023 2:18 AM

Pete for President!

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2023 2:20 AM

Not president, not yet, or rather not again yet. I assume he'll step down from the cabinet and run for Senator from Michigan at some point, and then we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2023 2:24 AM

The best little boy in the world keeps trying to be even better.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2023 2:24 AM

r35 is pissed because Pete isn't a finger-snapping yaasss qweeen.

He's educated, intelligent, and successful.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2023 2:29 AM

I must be the best at everything. I must achieve.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2023 2:30 AM

[quote] Sometimes it felt like the whole world had become the four walls of this hospital room. But the rest of the world, and its needs, hadn’t stopped, starting with our daughter. We alternated taking time at the hotel to take care of Penelope. Our babysitter had made it to Grand Rapids and set up shop in our room at the Embassy Suites, helping to share the load.

[quote] Work couldn’t wait either. My leave had already been winding down, and now I was tending to issues that couldn’t wait or be delegated. Sometimes, that meant taking a deep breath while looking down at my unconscious two-month-old son, on life support but still strong enough to reflexively keep his grip on my finger, and then realizing I had two minutes to get into a Zoom meeting with transportation stakeholders, a phone call with a Senator, or a TV interview. I would gently unpeel his tiny fingers from around mine and turn away from the bed. I’d put a tie on, go to a nearby room (or in one rushed case, the bathroom), open the laptop, pick a virtual background so no one would be distracted by seeing that I was taking the meeting from a hospital, and get to work.

[...]

[quote] And as much a marvel as their year of growth had been, it seemed just as much had changed in us. The first year may seem one of total transformation for your children, but what about their parents? It’s easy to overlook. “They grow up so fast,” the saying goes. But so do you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2023 2:33 AM

[quote]Not president, not yet, or rather not again yet. I assume he'll step down from the cabinet and run for Senator from Michigan at some point, and then we'll see.

I will make sure that little queen doesn't run for a Senate seat. I can have the CIA dig up dirt on him and that cunt Chasten.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2023 3:04 AM

He looks more and more like Mr. Bean.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2023 3:04 AM

Pete has a Whoville type nose. Also, that lesbian governor of Massachusetts looks like she could be Pete's older sister.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2023 3:10 AM

I bet he's in great shape. Fatass Chasten better hold onto her man!

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2023 3:10 AM

"...as normal as doing a triathlon..."

Doing a triathlon is as common and normal as hosting a gangbang.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2023 3:23 AM

r43 you need to get out more

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2023 3:31 AM

[quote]I’m more impressed that he did it while wearing a business suit and tie.

The thought that went through my mind was:

Pee-Wee Herman

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2023 3:37 AM

A triathlon in a suite would still better than any of Marge's nonsense

[quote] viewers were alarmed by her pull-ups—a swingy variation that can look bizarre to outsiders. Where a normal pull-up involves engaging your arms, back, and core to pull yourself up and over the bar, Greene was arching her back before swinging her body upward into a somewhat hollow position.

[quote] But Greene is a devotee of the CrossFit method, in spite of the brand disavowing her due to her penchant for racism and conspiracy theories. She clarified later that she was doing “butterfly pull-ups.” (Though, it seems, there’s no reason to do this unless you’re competitive in CrossFit.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2023 3:44 AM

^ suit

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2023 3:45 AM

Not reading the posts. I love this guy and he should run this country.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2023 3:47 AM

[quote]I don’t see how someone with young twins and a job can have the time. Unless one of the other things isn’t getting enough attention. Training in three different activities is time consuming, more so than running a marathon or playing golf.

First of all, Pete is former military, not a 50 something couch potato. Guys like that have trained like that and see it as a normal part of keeping in good shape or good health. Secondly, are you saying everyone with two young kids should NEVER make the time to exercise? There seems to be no shortage of workout mom's all over the internet showing how they lost 30lbs after giving birth. Everyone celebrates them for that, but a gay man, how dare he! Must be shallow, must be for attention. Or maybe YOU have a touch of internalized homophobia lurking in your background.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2023 3:53 AM

Brian Tyler Cohen will be kissing Petes ass over this. Like everything else. And of course Pete "owned" the race and the race regretted it and it was "must watch". I can't wait for AI to take BTCs job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2023 3:54 AM

I would LOVE to see Brian Tyler Cohen kiss Pete's ass. No, I mean literally. Both men are hot! Unlike the usual male interlude, I think they would both be fighting for top!

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2023 4:02 AM

So where are the Ironman pics? I want to see bulge.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2023 5:20 AM

I agree with R51

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2023 5:35 AM

Sadly, Brian Tyler Cohen is straight from what I can tell. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2023 5:39 AM

R26 and R49 are right, nobody what is already reasonably fit would need to train for this - a 1.2-mile swim, a 56-mile bike ride, and a 13.1-mile run is moderately impressive for the average couch potato type, but Buttgieg has a history of physical fitness and would be used to doing something this at short notice or none at all.

I swim 2 km a day which is just over 1.2 miles, and cycle fairly long distances fairly regularly, 60-70 km in a day at least once every week or so, so 56 miles which is about 90 km wouldnt be a stretch by any means, I've done rides longer than that (110-120 km) Only the 13.1 mile run would be a big effort for me although I could do it. He's younger than me and used to doing triathlons so I doubt he needed too do anything much over whatever exercise he normally does every day anyway.

[quote]Doing a triathlon is as common and normal as hosting a gangbang.

I know a LOT more people that do or have done triathlons than hosted gangbangs! And I like gangbangs too. Triathlons are more common than gangbangs more's the pity. A combo of the two would be hot!

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2023 7:19 AM

He looks like Dukakis on the tank.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2023 7:29 AM

Pete and Brian are both midgets. Super short bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2023 7:35 AM

Speaking of midgets...

[quote] Buttigieg has called Washington “a great city for running and biking, even swimming.” But it is the triathlon that has been a long time bucket list item for the Transportation secretary. He had originally hoped to complete one to mark his 40th birthday last year. But then came the arrival of his adopted twins, which tends to disrupt any plans to compete in high-endurance sports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2023 1:03 PM

THIS is a tri-athlete! Why didn't Pete wear an outfit like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2023 3:25 PM

Biking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2023 3:26 PM

Swimming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2023 3:29 PM

God bless the inventor of spandex!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2023 3:34 PM

[quote] Secondly, are you saying everyone with two young kids should NEVER make the time to exercise?

No. In fact, I imply that even training for a marathon isn’t too time consuming for a parent of young kids with a f/t job.

So I don’t know wtf you are talking about, R49.

Training for three different events is time consuming. There is some travel, prep, and cleaning up afree involved in every training session.

Someone running a half marathon credibly is going to need to run at least 20 miles a week, and that’s a really low estimate. With the associated prep, showering, and any travel to a park or trail that is conservatively going to take four hours.

He probably swam 3x / week and all-in that’s going to be at least six hours.

Then let’s say he does one long 30-40 miles bike ride on a weekend and 60 minute spin classes 2x/week. And let’s even say he uses a peloton at home so almost no transition time. That’s still at least five hours all-in.

That’s 15 hours a week and really, it’s a low estimate. Enough for a guy who is already in shape not to embarrass himself. But that’s still equivalent to two full work days of golf. Or running 75 miles a week. That is a lot of time.

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2023 4:00 PM

MORE proof Pete can't stand being around Chasten and the Hooterville Twins. I bet Pete has a hot boyfriend too.

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2023 3:21 AM

[quote] I assume he'll step down from the cabinet and run for Senator from Michigan at some point,

Very unlikely. Too many black people vote in Michigan for him to risk that

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2023 3:35 AM

His "hat" makes him look like a "special" person.

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2023 3:53 AM

It gives me joy knowing how badly Pete wants to get elected to the Senate and then stay for 30 years. But he can't get elected anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2023 4:51 AM

All you Pete haters are going to eat your words. Pete is training for his future Presidential run maybe in 2028. The man plans ahead, that was his job in the military. Give his kids a few years to grow up and he will be out there. Hopefully Trump will have stroked out by then.

by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2023 5:51 AM

R68 If Biden even hints at keeping Pete in a second administration I am staying home on Election Day. And believe me, Biden is going to need every vote he can get with his idiot sons legal problems.

by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2023 11:00 PM

You're as much a gay democrat as Putin, R69. You've given yourself two W&Ws in less than 8 minutes, the hallmark of a troll.

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2023 11:10 PM

Some sad bitch is seriously going to vote based on who the Secretary of Transportation is?

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2023 11:18 PM

Booty is electoral poison. He can never win a statewide race. The most he can hope for are appointed Cabinet positions. He's not even a lawyer so he can't hope for a judicial appointment.

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2023 11:22 PM

Will pictures of Chasten splayed out naked with full tit and minge from her days living in a car be published, just like Melania?

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2023 11:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!