Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People are complaining that the new Mr & Mrs Smith are not hot enough.

They’re no Brad and Angie, but who is? Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2023 6:20 AM

The whole point of Mr. and Mrs. Smith is that they’re so ridiculously hot you didn’t care about the (nonsensical) plot. That movie ended a marriage!

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2023 8:30 PM

In the first movie, they found the two “hottest people in Hollywood” and those people were so attracted to one another, that they cheated on their spouses. The chemistry was off the charts. It’s not something that can be replicated. Remaking this movie is… pathetic imo. Nothing will top the first.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2023 8:36 PM

Love Erskine, but yikes. That user is correct, the movie doesn't work without the leads being insanely good looking, that's like the whole appeal of it.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2023 8:36 PM

I think Donald Glover is more cute than hot, and I have no idea who this woman is. I didn't even know they were working on a reboot for this, and for the life of me I can't understand why.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2023 8:39 PM

Didn’t they already remake this, with Chris Evans and the chick from Knives Out?

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2023 8:42 PM

Oh, dear! If those are supposedly the “hot” people in OP’s link then that is very sad. They both look like downers and pathetic miserable individuals.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2023 8:46 PM

If they wanted a POC version I would have gone for Michael B. Jordan and Gemma Chan. Zendaya would also be fun, but she’s still a little young.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2023 8:49 PM

Looks like every commercial on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2023 8:52 PM

Is this a property worth revisiting? Is the original film even… good? It became a cult classic because the two actors fell in love during filming and later became a powerhouse couple. I don't think it would be as well-regarded nowadays without that notoriety.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2023 9:09 PM

I haven't gone to see a single remake in the cinema, or paid to watch it online. I refuse. I only watch original movies.

The public complains about the large amount of movie remakes. But they keep making them because they're making a profit! If barely anyone was going to see these movies, they would stop making them.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2023 9:11 PM

I like Donald Glover but Donald Glover?

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2023 9:11 PM

Why didn't they just pick Seal?

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2023 9:13 PM

R9 nailed it. ITA.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2023 9:21 PM

Donald has big titties in that white sweater. Girl!

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2023 10:24 PM

Glover was laughably miscast as Lando Calrissian, nowhere near as hot or good looking as Billy Dee Williams. One of the reasons Solo flopped.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2023 10:27 PM

He’s passably cute but where did they find her? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2023 10:30 PM

This is getting terrible notices.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2023 11:11 PM

Quien es esa prieta fea??

🥴🥴

Donald’s cute enough.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2023 11:56 PM

The original is nearly 20 years old but not dated at all except maybe their cell phones. Did they even use cell phones in the movie? It starred two insanely good looking people at their peak and their chemistry was phenomenal. The script was clever, tongue in cheek. All in all, it was the total package. A remake is bound to fail unless it can duplicate what made the original so successful and that means casting the equivalent of Pitt and Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2023 2:07 AM

She looks like a librarian and he looks like an Assistant Professor of African American studies at Illinois State University.

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2023 2:10 AM

The only way this would work is if you went back in time and got Joyce De Witt and Ray Buktenica at their PEAK sexiness!

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2023 6:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!