Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“This is a death sentence for me” sobs, Republican woman who voted for DeSantis stripping away her permanent alimony

That's a shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2023 4:15 PM

Cue Nelson Muntz

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2023 5:51 PM

"But I never supported tigers ripping MY face off!" says woman who voted for the Tigers Ripping Faces Off Party.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Right, R1???

I was just coming in to say this.

🤣😂

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Dogs. Fleas.

The MRA guys have been wanting this. Of course, it was eventually going to happen.

Alimony should always be both a function of length of marriage and whether the recipient gave up a career and what the overall contribution to the marriage was (hint: they've done plenty of studies on the financial contribution a stay-at-home spouse makes by not having to pay someone else for childcare, cooking, cleaning, etc.).

It should never apply retroactively, but that was the whole point.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2023 5:55 PM

GET A FUCKING JOB!!!

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2023 6:06 PM

Someone needs to send her the link to set up an OnlyFans account.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2023 6:11 PM

R5 = Kevin Costner

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2023 6:15 PM

I'm so glad that my mom was educated, had good career, and made decent money. My parents divorced when I was only seven, but thankfully my mom was able to keep the house and pay for it with little help from my father. She's in her seventies now and is enjoying her hard-earned reinterment.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2023 6:21 PM

What happened to equality? Would a man expect permanent alimony?

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2023 6:22 PM

[quote] Would a man expect permanent alimony?

Yes if he married Britney Spears

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2023 6:26 PM

R9, talk to Kelly Clarkson's grifter ex-husband. Or Halle Berry's.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2023 6:28 PM

I didn't read the entire article and I would need to learn more about the reasoning behind the law, but it seems to me such judgments should be on a case to case basis, depending on circumstances of the individuals involved and not a blanket dictate.

Certainly a woman in her 80s for example, cannot easily find a job. If a wealthy husband is still living and can afford the support, it's logical he should continue to pay. Perhapseven with continuing payment after his death if the estate can afford it.

Other circumstances, where a dumped spouse has a career or can work might demand differentr arrangements.

Anyway, DeSantis is loser and ass for all kinds of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2023 6:35 PM

[quote]Certainly a woman in her 80s for example, cannot easily find a job. If a wealthy husband is still living and can afford the support, it's logical he should continue to pay.

It's not logical. What would be logical would be the woman having enough foresight to plan ahead in case there wasn't someone around to pay to house and feed her.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2023 7:06 PM

[quote]Would a man expect permanent alimony?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2023 7:17 PM

[quote]It's not logical. What would be logical would be the woman having enough foresight to plan ahead in case there wasn't someone around to pay to house and feed her.

That's just bullshit.

A 50-year old woman who gave up her career 20 years ago because her husband insisted he wanted her to stay at home with the kids cannot "plan" for a scumbag to bang a 20 year old and leave her high and dry.

While a woman in her twenties might have a different view, women a generation ago were still expected to put their own careers and lives on hold for their families. Even working women are still required to do the majority of housework and childcare. Sure, we here on DL get outraged that the frau think their precious kid's activities mean that we should have to cover for them. But, women are usually the ones who have to call out if the kid is sick or needs to go to the doctor's.

Yes, it should be case by case. But, the reality is that divorce in most of the world still heavily favors the wealthier (meaning working) partner. Don't let the PR fool you. Divorce is about who can pay the better lawyer to get a better settlement.

Over the next few years, we're going to start seeing men who get dumped by wives, just like the wives used to be.

If you gave up your career with the expectation that your partner would support you, it's unfair to be left high and dry because they want younger pussy. Obviously, if you were married for less than five years or you're a cheating whore, that's a whole separate matter. While people should have the option to file for a "no fault" divorce, too many states now allow one partner to be royally screwed when there is clearly "fault" in the divorce. It only compounds the wrong if you're left in poverty after the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2023 8:23 PM

fAmIlY vAlUeS

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2023 9:17 PM

[quote]A 50-year old woman who gave up her career 20 years ago because her husband insisted he wanted her to stay at home with the kids cannot "plan" for a scumbag to bang a 20 year old and leave her high and dry.

No one forced her to make that choice.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2023 1:15 PM

Only one thing you can do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2023 1:46 PM

Hey poor lady, at least he got rid of drag shows and saying " gay," so you should be happy about his priorities.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2023 1:47 PM

Odd that it would be a Republican who did this since they are the party of traditional values. The man works and the woman stays home and cooks and cleans and raises the children in a good Christian home. How is someone like that supposed to earn a living when the man finds a younger model and leaves her?

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2023 1:55 PM

Look, R20. That's not our problem, Ok? Just like once that fetus slides out of the incubator, it's not our problem.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2023 3:39 PM

[quote] She's in her seventies now and is enjoying her hard-earned reinterment.

So your mother’s already been buried once before?

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2023 4:04 PM

[quote]Odd that it would be a Republican who did this since they are the party of traditional values. The man works and the woman stays home and cooks and cleans and raises the children in a good Christian home. How is someone like that supposed to earn a living when the man finds a younger model and leaves her?

They are the party of MRA and incels, as well, who are terrified of being "cucks" and paying to raise another man's child because their women are whores.

It's hilarious that even the poor ones now are DEMANDING prenups to "protect" them in case their woman cheats on them.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2023 4:08 PM

But, we thought we were totally screwing everyone else. But we ended up completely fucking ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2023 4:15 PM

I wonder if women are going to start wanting prenups of their own. "Okay, if you NEED me to stay home and take care of your kids and keep your house and entertain your friends and support you emotionally, you are fucking going to pay for it, every month and every year, on time. So when you do get mesmerized by that younger pussy I am not left stranded wondering what the fuck your divorce lawyer is going to allow for me."

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2023 4:15 PM

[quote]I wonder if women are going to start wanting prenups of their own. "Okay, if you NEED me to stay home and take care of your kids and keep your house and entertain your friends and support you emotionally, you are fucking going to pay for it, every month and every year, on time. So when you do get mesmerized by that younger pussy I am not left stranded wondering what the fuck your divorce lawyer is going to allow for me."

A good prenup protect BOTH parties, not just the person who wants one.

What many people fail to recognize is that a bad prenup is easily invalidated by any decent lawyer - and a one-sided prenup is almost definitionally a bad prenup.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2023 12:55 AM

We will NEVER stop siding with the same Republicans who attack gay people when they are attacking women or minorities instead!

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2023 3:21 PM

[quote]Odd that it would be a Republican who did this since they are the party of traditional values

They're the party of Newt Gingrich, Donald Trump, and a lot of other men with multiple ex-wives.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2023 3:23 PM

We especially like to serve our first wives divorce papers when they're in the hospital or in-treatment for cancer.

Then we like to pass judgement on others like Hunter Biden and preach about Family Values. Our voters are so stupid and hateful, they eat it up!

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2023 3:47 PM

R8 It’s funny my dad came from what many would call pure white trash. My moms family told her not to marry him. To marry the upper class guy with his own snow plowing business. My mom married love. My dad became successful with small businesses in his own right. Though he was cheating drunk. When they divorced people at school made fun of me for living in a trailer. Said I’d never amount to nothing. Two years later my dad was arrested for tax fraud and my mom has a string of successful hair salons in Iowa. I think her soft racism stems from my dad cheating with a black white.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2023 4:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!