Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Russell Brand Raping

Hide your wife, hide your husband, cos Russell Brand raping everybody down here...

Russell Brand is accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse: Star 'attacked four women between 2006 and 2013 - including raping one against wall in his Los Angeles home and one he attacked when she was a 16-year-old schoolgirl he called The Child'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583December 18, 2023 10:41 PM

He seems so zen and laid back to be a rapist. This surprises me. Four accusers is a lot though. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote]He seems so zen and laid back to be a rapist.

He used to project that image, yes, but in recent years has embraced his unhinged side and right-wing talking points. His show is on the level of Alex Jones these days.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2023 3:51 PM

r1 He was an admitted sex addict so him going too far isn't surprising

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2023 3:52 PM

Creepy man. Always was. When he made the joke about how he’d take the Jonas Brothers virginity, I raised my eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2023 3:53 PM

He has always come across as an unhinged individual. Not at all surprised at the rape allegations.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2023 3:53 PM

Agree with r5. He seems mentally unstable

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2023 3:55 PM

That's him done.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2023 3:55 PM

Horse it into me, boss!

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2023 3:56 PM

Take Me to the Greek was the only thing I ever enjoyed about this slobby pervert.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2023 3:57 PM

Get Me to the Greek. Sorry. I hate Jonah Hill too but the movie was ok. I must have been high

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2023 3:59 PM

Like many contrarians, he has always seemed like an exhausting control freak. If he's guilty, he knew a public reckoning was inevitable, which gives added context to his most recent political rebranding. His old fans would've deserted him over this. The new ones will not.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2023 4:00 PM

He's always given me the creeps. I have no problem believing this.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2023 4:04 PM

His defense is that he was always 'transparent' about his 'promiscuity' back in the day. That's not what you're being accused of old boy.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2023 4:04 PM

Not surprised. He is manic and a blowhard. Gross human being.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2023 4:05 PM

R9, I thought the opening of that film ("African Child") was hilarious, but the rest was unbearable.

Sounds as though he withdrew from the mainstream and started pushing conspiracy theories because he knew this would all eventually come out. He wanted to be able to say, "They're persecuting me because I'm taking down the establishment!"

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2023 4:06 PM

I guess gesturing wildly with both hands means you're extra truthful.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2023 4:08 PM

He needs to be extradited and prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2023 4:10 PM

He really does wave his hands around a lot. He must have been an Italian chef in a past life or something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2023 4:10 PM

When Courtney Love complains about your bad hygiene habits, you got issues, bro.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2023 4:11 PM

He had the arrogance, temerity and gall to remake Arthur despite not having an ounce of the talent and charisma of Dudley Moore.

For that crime alone, he should be permanently caught between the moon and dank jail cell.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2023 4:12 PM

People have known about his abusive misogynistic streak for years, but left wingers were comfortable with it provided he backed their cause.

Now Brand has travelled to the right wing, those guys are now defending him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2023 4:14 PM

He's a disgusting freak with a tiny dick. Why is he so invested in American politics and conspiracies?

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2023 4:14 PM

Boebert vaping…

Brand raping…

Billy Joel has more than enough material for We Didn’t Start the Fire ‘23!

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2023 4:16 PM

Two comments:

1. "Star"? He's not a star.

2. His cock is tiny. Those little jabbers hurt. Give him a longer sentence to make up for his "rape by pinky finger."

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2023 4:19 PM

Why did he and Katy Perry divorce?

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2023 4:19 PM

Public nudity isn't normal. It's always sex pests who do that in places not sanctioned for nakedness. The fact that he thought anyone wanted to see his sad little dick is a red flag

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2023 4:20 PM

I always assumed he was GAY. He has the GAY stare going on with his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2023 4:21 PM

r22 Money. Its a large established audience of gullible idiots who you can sell water purifiers to. Plus he has an English accent so people trust him more.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2023 4:21 PM

“Because I still, every day at 20 years without crack and heroin, without alcohol, still feel strongly, a strong requirement – a strong requirement – to seek approval or connection or validation or pleasure or distraction from the outside world.”

And now we know what THAT looks like--conspiracy theories and raping.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2023 4:22 PM

Russell Brand raped me.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2023 4:31 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2023 4:32 PM

Because they made Joe Rogan into a very wealthy man.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2023 4:33 PM

He's very unattractive. Maybe now he'll go away for good.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2023 4:38 PM

[quote] Maybe now he'll go away for good.

No I imagine he's about to get even louder now "the establishment attempt to silence the truth don't get the vaccine or believe the media etc. etc " has begun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2023 4:44 PM

Brand was momentarily interesting when he first got clean and sober... but then became a true Right Wing nutcase, and become just tedious.

In his "addiction", he was out of control and I would believe he'd be at the least inappropriate, if not actually criminal.

Drugs.... alter things.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2023 5:00 PM

To be honest, all the rumours and furore had me hoping something really juicy was coming out. Journalist for the paper about to break the story have had leave cancelled and there’s extra security around their offices. This is a bit meh. Rapey comedian is rapey is hardly earth shattering news.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2023 5:01 PM

He's got the little bitty ding a ling.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2023 5:10 PM

Wasn't he diagnosed as Bipolar many years ago? I'm guessing he has only sporadically stayed on any kind of medication. Which would explain everything.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2023 5:15 PM

The DL has already decided that he needs to be condemned, cancelled and executed. Next!

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2023 5:18 PM

Katy Perry not only fucked that fug but she wrote songs about their great love and then married it.

You have to wonder about her judgement at the very least.

And he smells, just like Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2023 5:24 PM

There is something about him that's off. When I saw that Arthur remake he did, I was like, I don't know, he's not charming at all. He's odd like like Jared Leto. I don't know if he did this, but it's not hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2023 5:26 PM

Another conservative rapist. Next,we'll find out he's a pedo, to NO ONE'S surprise.

All conservatives are sick and project their sickness on others.

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2023 5:26 PM

Even if he's guilty, so what? Corporations are still evil, the govt is still corrupt, the little people are still getting screwed, etc.

Hope he continues his political commentary and doesn't let this become a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2023 5:32 PM

He’s a heroin addict and a lunatic. Zen? You never saw him on Big Brother UK hosting back in the early 2000s. He was manic as hell.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2023 5:35 PM

R43 = brain fried Brand.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2023 5:35 PM

Hey, QAnon, we found an actual predator

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2023 5:35 PM

R34, he’s going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2023 5:36 PM

Elon Musk and Andrew Tate are showing support for him, so he must be innocent!

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Elon is a terminal illness in human form.

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote] Hope he continues his political commentary and doesn't let this become a distraction.

Are you allowed political commentary from prison? Would he be distracted much if he was raped in there?

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2023 5:42 PM

r48 Well that's good enough for us, NOT GUILTY!

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2023 5:43 PM

Many of the far leftists whose progressivism was only skin deep were grabby misogynistic straight guys who quickly turned to right-wing conspiracy theories as soon as they saw more money there.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2023 5:51 PM

R43 is pro-rape. Fantastic! I love it when pro-rapists out themselves like that.

You're a piece of shit, R43.

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2023 6:01 PM

R43 ... and democracy is a distraction too, and needs to be demolished!!

Have actually listened to him recently?

R39 And DL has only followed him for 25 years, so stop the snap judgements!

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2023 6:01 PM

A quick peruse of the DM's gloss of the accusations makes this seem head-line grabbing and icky, but not truly serious. Is there anything criminal amongst the complaints?

I hate his veer to the right and clickbait conspiracy shit, so at least this might shut him up.

by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote] “I’m like, no, that’s not happening, I don’t care, that’s not happening, we’re not doing that,” she says. “I tried to get away from him and I slipped away from the wall. And then I went to another wall that had a painting on it. A huge painting. And my bag got actually stuck underneath that, and it’s still on my arm. And at this point he’s grabbing at my underwear, pulling it to the side.”

[quote] Nadia alleges that she told Brand to get off her and that she wanted to leave, but he carried on. “I’m stuck underneath the painting and he’s pushing up against me,” she says. “He’s a lot taller than me. And he has that glazed look in his eye again. And I can’t move. And I told him, ‘Get off, get off.’” Nadia claims that Brand pushed her up against the wall and raped her, without a condom.

[quote] Brand finally finished and she says she pushed him away.

[quote] “And then he blocks the door that I’ve come into because he doesn’t want me going,” Nadia says. “He’s like, ‘Are you OK?’ I’m like, ‘No I’m not OK, you need to get away from me.’ And he’s like, ‘Let’s calm down.’”

r55 rape good enough?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2023 6:15 PM

[quote]Another conservative rapist. Next,we'll find out he's a pedo, to NO ONE'S surprise. All conservatives are sick and project their sickness on others.

These rapes happened when he was celebrated by the left as a progressive.

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2023 6:27 PM

Is this one of the freaks being propped up by Peter Thiel like Andrew Tate?

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2023 6:36 PM

There are all kinds of video out there showing him groping and kissing women and men without their consent.

He's always been creepy IMO, if he committed the acts he's accused of, then he should get the punishment he deserves. Rapist Trump, too.

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2023 6:38 PM

[quote]These rapes happened when he was celebrated by the left as a progressive.

Which turned out to be as fake as his hair color.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2023 6:48 PM

He's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2023 7:11 PM

He was the guest speaker at an AA meeting I attended years ago in LA. He was actually quite inspiring and engaging, but after his speech he attempted to pick up my friend (we were in treatment together), who was 19 at the time. He was VERY persistent and cornered her by the coffee station. She repeatedly turned him down and he got more and more worked up, as he clearly wasn’t used to being told “no.” Finally another friend saw what was happening and intervened, giving her an escape. These accusations don’t surprise me one bit.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2023 7:28 PM

He even raped Orlando Bloom. At least that's Orlando's story.

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2023 7:30 PM

r62 He sounds like Dennis from Always Sunny. In fact I think that was actually the plot of an episode.

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2023 7:30 PM

It's always the one you most expect.

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2023 7:38 PM

Funny how guys like Leonardo DiCaprio or Derek Jeter have famously slept with thousands of women, and never once have they been accused of crossing a line. There’s countless celebrities and athletes that sling dick for decades, and they manage to never abuse anyone.

It’s almost like if you simply respect a woman’s body and agency, you won’t be accused of rape.

Next up, Jared Leto.

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2023 7:39 PM

These guys really have to be truly sick, how can you even enjoy sexuality without mutual attraction? They seek to punish those who don't bow their egos.

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2023 7:41 PM

R62 Yeah, for me personally this is quite possibly one of the most disappointing celebrity downfalls to date. This is just the cherry on top, really. His advice helped me get off hard drugs and now I’ll have to reconcile with the fact that I was taking advice from a rapist (and full blown right wing conspiracy theory antivax nutjob) the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2023 7:45 PM

Bill Maher had him on his show last year, and couldn't get his nose up his ass deep enough.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2023 7:48 PM

I wish this dude would have been canceled decades ago. Such a dickhead, and the precursor to the cringe af libertarian-type of thing thinking that so many morons fall into nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2023 7:51 PM

[quote] precursor to the cringe af libertarian-type of thing thinking that so many morons fall into nowadays.

Unlike all the cringe AF Far-Left-type of thing thinking that so many morons fall into nowadays. Such as R70.

Nice syntax, btw.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2023 7:53 PM

^ Russell, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2023 7:55 PM

I don't believe it. Sorry, but this has become a frequent allegation against anyone who is a threat to the establishment, and Russell Brand is not only much more popular than mainstream media, but he challenges the spurious information that they try to present as absolute truths.

First of all, most of these "sexual assaults" happened between 10 and 20 years ago, so why would anyone wait all this time to make allegations IN THE MEDIA, instead of going to the police and initiating legal proceedings against him? Also, if a 16-year-old was in a relationship with him when he was 31, where were her parents and why didn't she run to the police after he choked her and abused her? That is statutory rape and if the so-called relationship had lasted 3 months, there would have been plenty of evidence to send him to prison for statutory rape.

And one of the women claims that she didn't accuse him in LA because he threatened to sue her? Well, what is the difference now? Can't he sue her now? This is downright RIDICULOUS.

We ought to remember that anyone who claims to be a victim of sexual abuse must be listened, but without any proof beyond 'I'm coming forward because he is popular for reasons I don't like', is absurd. Also, at the height of Me Too they would all have received widespread support, but they are waiting to make accusations now, when he is not a mainstream Hollywood star but has a massive political following and has become a threat to the establishment?

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2023 7:55 PM

R70 Using flowery, verbose language to appear smarter than he actually is to the idiots who actually liked him. Like R71.

by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2023 7:58 PM

[quote]Also, if a 16-year-old was in a relationship with him when he was 31, where were her parents and why didn't she run to the police after he choked her and abused her?

Shit parenting is frequently the very reason that kids end up in relationships with predatory assholes twice their age.

by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2023 8:00 PM

R73 Russell, log off. You have much bigger fish to fry than defending your honor on the DL. Like being Danny Masterson’s cellmate in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2023 8:01 PM

Its genuinely hilarious that people think THE ESTABLISHMENT (TM) were shaking in their golden boots so hard over a has been actor that now makes a living getting a mere few hundred thousand views on clickbait YouTube anti vax videos that an alliance was formed between Channel 4 and The Times to bring him down. You give the greasy cunt too much credit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2023 8:02 PM

Katy dumped him because he posted that nasty pic of her waking-up all puffy and disheveled. She never got over the meanness of it.

Sounds like he has passive-aggressive rage issues against women, so I tend to believe the victims.

by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote] on clickbait YouTube anti vax videos

And don't forget his pro-Russian-imperialism videos! Come to think of it, opposing the defense of Ukrainian sovereignty may just be a sublimated defense of rape ...

by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2023 8:15 PM

While he was briefly entertaining, he’s a fake. He has an augmented vocabulary but it’s as if he’s cultivated it very artificially, maybe with a word-of-the-day app. He’s not even moderately eloquent, always favouring the polysyllabic word when the short one would be more elegant. He’s no intellectual. And as for that awful book in which rewrote the 12 Steps to make them ‘accessible’, as if the original text were in any way complicated. He went about that project with a most off-putting fervour; the steps had helped him, ergo everyone should do them, even people with no addictive illness. Classic cultish proselytising.

by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2023 8:17 PM

R80 Guy has always been a cunt. People confused being articulate with being smart. Yeah, he has a great vernacular but he never actually says anything enlightening or intelligent. He just states the obvious with flowery words and people act like he just said the most amazing thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2023 8:22 PM

Really? Because his eyes don't look crazy and predatory at all!

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2023 8:29 PM

R73 is why women don’t go to the police.

And it wasn’t statutory rape as the age of consent is 16. It was just rape.

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2023 8:45 PM

What did he use for a dick?

by Anonymousreply 84September 16, 2023 8:45 PM

Russell Brand has written poetry for Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘For The Many’ book alongside Ken Loach, Maxine Peake and Rob Delaney.

The book was published recently, after the Covid/Ukraine conspiracy theory rants

by Anonymousreply 85September 16, 2023 8:47 PM

To the moron poster R73 who says the accusations can't be true because the victims didn't report it straightaway, that's why the law preserves a victim's right to make civil claims of rape and sexual assault years later. It's common knowledge traumatized victims don't go running to the cops the next day, or ever, particularly when the perp is famous. The law also takes into account the fact that the harm done by some crimes is not fully recognized by the victim.

There is also a statute of limitations on stupid posts and you reached it. Bye-bye.

by Anonymousreply 86September 16, 2023 8:53 PM

He went ahead with his show this evening, starting an hour before the Dispatches special:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 16, 2023 8:56 PM

Two things:

[quote]Brand once “forced his penis down her throat”, making her choke

First, how can you possibly choke on a micro-dick? He's at most 4 inch long in full erection and only if he's a grower thirteen standard deviations above normal people, otherwise probably more like 2.5". I'm thinking that maybe Russell Brand has his own Mr. Barron, leaking to the press that gals keeps chocking on Russell Brand's nine-incher, except there are some photos out in the wild.

Second, there was a blind item that Katy Perry supposedly dumped his sorry ass and micro-dick because he was addicted to wheelchair porn and after a little while he could only fuck her when she herself sat in a wheelchair and pretended to be all crippled, catatonic and defenseless. That fits the idea I have of his character which is all about creating a total fiction that has no bearing in reality. Isn't his podcast just about creating fiction running amok against hard facts?

by Anonymousreply 88September 16, 2023 8:56 PM

The Times article doesn't have a paywall so here's the original link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 16, 2023 9:00 PM

Really, R83? How exactly am I preventing women from going to the police after being sexually assaulted? By saying that going to the media and to declare "I wasn't going to say anything, but now he's a wellbeing and political YouTuber and I don't like that" reeks of vendetta at best? Seriously, do no be puerile.

They do not wait almost 20 years to do so, R86, and they don't go to the media to whine about it because they don't like their former rapist's work, instead of initiating proceedings through legal channels. And the fact that two collapsing media organizations are waging a defamation campaign against someone whose popularity is soaring at their expense, is VERY telling.

So if you want to call someone a moron, look at your own reflection in the mirror. Similar accusations were made about Julian Assange and even the supposed victim declared that the Swedish police had fabricated the allegations at the US government's behest. In this case, Brand is a threat because he is exposing the lies of many a government agency.

by Anonymousreply 90September 16, 2023 9:01 PM

How do so many posters know that he has a teeny peeny? Are their photos and/or medical statistics publicly available?

by Anonymousreply 91September 16, 2023 9:02 PM

R80, grapes, for god’s sake, are a choking hazard. Some people—particularly sixteen year old girls—still have their gag reflexes intact.

R91, there are pictures, and they should be easy to find.

by Anonymousreply 92September 16, 2023 9:04 PM

Russell Brand was a huge star in the 2000s and 2010s, even cracking Hollywood. A few years ago he seemed to drop out of the industry mainstream. Sounds like the stories about his sexually abusive behaviour were getting too big to be ignored and the industry side-lined him, especially after the Jimmy Savile, Weinstein and Epstein scandals.

by Anonymousreply 93September 16, 2023 9:06 PM

[quote]Russell Brand is not only much more popular than mainstream media

It appears his YouTube videos average 300,000-400,000 views (though his interview with Tucker brought in a lot more).

Nightly news on the networks (ABC, CBS and NBC) attract 19 million or so viewers, combined.

by Anonymousreply 94September 16, 2023 9:06 PM

"it can't have been rape who the hell chokes on 4 inches?" is the most DL response I've ever heard. Elder gay jury duty must be hilarious

by Anonymousreply 95September 16, 2023 9:08 PM

There was a forewarning of this when he told the press that his wife did all the childcare because his attention had to go towards spiritual matters. I read that and thought, ‘there’s a right bastard - a sexist pig trying to dress up male chauvinism as some sort of lofty, ennobling pursuit’.

by Anonymousreply 96September 16, 2023 9:10 PM

[quote] By saying that going to the media and to declare "I wasn't going to say anything, but now he's a wellbeing and political YouTuber and I don't like that" reeks of vendetta at best?

Um, that's not what they're saying.

by Anonymousreply 97September 16, 2023 9:11 PM

[quote] That's him done.

You’re about seven years too late.

by Anonymousreply 98September 16, 2023 9:11 PM

There's a reason for statutes of limitation.

by Anonymousreply 99September 16, 2023 9:12 PM

[quote] He's always given me the creeps.

Oh thank you for sticking up for him! It’s nice to know he has a generous side.

by Anonymousreply 100September 16, 2023 9:13 PM

[quote] statutes of limitation.

Weren’t those the huge things in the lord of the rings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 16, 2023 9:17 PM

Social media post from months ago saying that he became a right-winger so that when the accusations finally come out he can claim it's a witch hunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 16, 2023 9:24 PM

[quote] he can claim it's a witch hunt

As R73/R90 is doing.

by Anonymousreply 103September 16, 2023 9:27 PM

Can we still enjoy his body of work—-whatever that is?

by Anonymousreply 104September 16, 2023 9:28 PM

Yes, Rose. That's what they are.

by Anonymousreply 105September 16, 2023 9:28 PM

Attention Q-nuts and other assorted conspiracy cunts.

What's more fucking likely--that the "establishment" is coming after him now because they're oh so scared of this new aged Messiah and his incredible YouTube influence....

OR, that the BBC establishment protected his creepy fucking ass just like they did for a dozen other of their degenerate "stars" over several decades?

by Anonymousreply 106September 16, 2023 9:42 PM

Hey! He was Channel 4 we're innocent this time!

by Anonymousreply 107September 16, 2023 9:46 PM

Fortunately for the BBC they fired Brand in 2008.

Brand was sacked from BBC Radio 2 after leaving a series of lewd messages on the answerphone of Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs about a romantic liaison with his granddaughter. Media regulator Ofcom said the comments, recorded with Jonathan Ross, were "gratuitously offensive, humiliating and demeaning"

by Anonymousreply 108September 16, 2023 9:50 PM

🤢🤮 TMI - go the fucking police. I'm sick of this smearing and j'acuse. Plus Brand is gross. How could there be groupies?

by Anonymousreply 109September 16, 2023 9:50 PM

Here a rapr, there a rape , everywhere a rape rape. Old russell brandt had a cum, ei ei O

by Anonymousreply 110September 16, 2023 9:51 PM

R107, he had a Radio Two show during his prime perv years where he famously left messages on some old guy's VM about having sex with the guy's granddaughter.

But yeah, lots of UK creeps and cover-ups to go around

by Anonymousreply 111September 16, 2023 9:51 PM

Is a brand rape different from a rape rape?

by Anonymousreply 112September 16, 2023 9:52 PM

Brand's agent was told three years ago about some of the abuse allegations. Now that the allegations are in the public domain, they have thrown Brand overboard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 16, 2023 9:53 PM

There was a blind about this days ago.

by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2023 9:53 PM

Yes!!!

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2023 9:54 PM

And he’s fug. That’s the worst part.

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2023 9:58 PM

I thought we were told Brand has a microdick. I'm sure men can rape with any size cock but....

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2023 9:58 PM

If there's an afterlife, Andrew Sachs must be running out of popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2023 10:01 PM

I already have seen fucking idiots on Twitter and FB saying the gist of 'this is an establishment stitch up, it's only because he speaks the truth about the plandemic and vaccines and big pharma and and and...'

I love the poorly educated and poorly medicated

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2023 10:06 PM

I think B Singer would have enjoyed working with the BBC in the glory days.

by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2023 10:08 PM

Regardless of his guilt of innocence, he must continue exposing the lies and corruption in govt and big business.

by Anonymousreply 121September 16, 2023 10:08 PM

[quote]I thought we were told Brand has a microdick. I'm sure men can rape with any size cock but....

One of the most notorious serial rapists and murderers of the last century, Joseph DeAngelo, was known for his micropenis. Maybe, for some offenders, it only fuels their rage.

by Anonymousreply 122September 16, 2023 10:09 PM

All it takes is a mushroom

by Anonymousreply 123September 16, 2023 10:13 PM

ohh myyy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 16, 2023 10:14 PM

Joe Biden forcibly penetrated Tara Reade with his finger. Should he be forced to resign?

by Anonymousreply 125September 16, 2023 10:15 PM

I can totally believe this. Now it all makes sense with him quitting acting and becoming a cult “guru” drugs will make you regret and not remember your actions in life… but there is always someone who remembers the grief you caused them. Be careful, kids.

That’s why I love the new DNA testing being completed on old cases. These freaks who committed heinous crimes should be shaking in their boots. THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU!

I just wish DNA was less expensive than all these cases that have been in boxes could be all done at once. This is where money needs to go towards….

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2023 10:15 PM

He has balls to be showing that off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2023 10:15 PM

what is that supposed to be, r124. linky stinky

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2023 10:15 PM

I never liked him and I've seen pics of his tiny peen. He was parading it around in public with pride. I can't believe Katy perry married that. He must have a magic tongue

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2023 10:16 PM

Oh, I see now at R127.

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2023 10:16 PM

[quote] but there is always someone who remembers the grief you caused them.

And aren't there "steps" about that?

by Anonymousreply 131September 16, 2023 10:17 PM

How could he rape anyone when his flaccid dick is 2 inches max?

by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2023 10:17 PM

[quote] Joe Biden forcibly penetrated Tara Reade with his finger. Should he be forced to resign?

No crazed accusations by bitter Putinistas don't actually count as credible. Sorry, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 133September 16, 2023 10:18 PM

R127, I strongly recommend my "if it don't fit, you must acquit®" defense.

by Anonymousreply 134September 16, 2023 10:20 PM

He was a super homely teen. FUG FUG. And fat. He had a lot of plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2023 10:21 PM

Coming next on more DL members loose on Juries,

[quote] well if I'd seen someone dressed that badly I'd have killed him as well

[quote] look I know what allegedly happened to her was terrible but she was a hysterical cunt while on the stand so not guilty

[quote] in that mans defence. Children are horrible

by Anonymousreply 136September 16, 2023 10:25 PM

R125 Yeah, asserting a completely discredited story on a social media platform surely makes it true. Oh, yes, you certainly owned Biden! Oooh, so good!

by Anonymousreply 137September 16, 2023 10:27 PM

R136 - you forgot:

[quote] yes, he killed and dismembered his entire family, but does that really matter when he's this hot?

by Anonymousreply 138September 16, 2023 10:28 PM

Going through the article now and got to this part:

“As her taxi approached Russell Brand’s home, Alice remembers the driver begging her not to go inside. Recognising the destination, he had started to ask questions. Alice admitted she was 16 and still in school.

She says the driver replied that his daughter was the same age and entreated Alice: “Please, I’m asking you not to go in there, you could be my little girl, and I would want someone to do this for her.” He offered to take her home without charge, but Alice insisted she was fine. “He had just such a sad look in his eyes,” she recalls.”

This is so fucking sad. The taxi driver was trying to protect her from going to Brand’s house.

by Anonymousreply 139September 16, 2023 10:37 PM

R139 Makes you wonder how many times this has happened before, if the driver was not only aware, but so sure of what would happen that he actually spoke up.

by Anonymousreply 140September 16, 2023 10:39 PM

Why can't people understand why rapes are rarely reported the next day? Have you ever been victimized? I was mugged at knifepoint and I never told the police, I was too afraid because the mugger saw my ID and I thought well people he knows could come for me. I was too shaken up to talk to anybody about what happened for days, I spent the next 48 hours basically shivering in my room and it wasn't even THAT bad. Most people are going to want to go be comforted by friends and family, isolate themselves and calm down, they might have fears of not being believed or that they could be retaliated against, there are a million reasons why a woman doesn't go directly from her rape into a police station to be examined that's probably a godawful experience and police officers don't exactly have a reputation for being compassionate protectors of the vulnerable

by Anonymousreply 141September 16, 2023 10:41 PM

Surprised this didn’t happen years ago to be honest.

I’m a dude, and he creeps me the fuck out…cannot imagine how women feel.

by Anonymousreply 142September 16, 2023 10:41 PM

I always saw him as British Jared Leto, R66. Same lack of self-awareness, same verboseness amounting to nothing, same extreme need for attention. And always with the going for jailbait with these guys. Svengali the shit out of that ice-cream sales girl from some carnie park. Condom? What an insult to my pride! No latex atoms shall hinder the shining glory of this glans!

by Anonymousreply 143September 16, 2023 10:43 PM

I also question Katy Perry's judgment for getting married to him. However, she didn't have children with him, so that was a good decision.

I would never describe him as zen. He seems very manic, to me.

by Anonymousreply 144September 16, 2023 10:44 PM

R144 Some people get really swept up in that. People who are going through a manic episode come off as having an intoxicating energy to those who aren't aware of what's really going on.

by Anonymousreply 145September 16, 2023 10:46 PM

comedian adam rowe tweets that the comedy world saw this coming years ago, claims brand invented his new anti-msm persona so that he can sweep stuff like this under the carpet as a smear by the powerful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 16, 2023 10:54 PM

others have done this - bryan callen for example, you become a right wing grifter and then after a few months your "rape" becomes "canceled for not being PC" in the eyes of your retarded fans who will fervently defend you. this could be hugely profitable for brand even, if he does a whole podcast tour about how the woke mafia is coming for him etc.

by Anonymousreply 147September 16, 2023 10:56 PM

Oh dear, R127—and a tragic case of tinynips as well!

by Anonymousreply 148September 16, 2023 11:00 PM

[quote]I also question Katy Perry's judgment for getting married to him.

Drugs, I am surprised folks don't understand this is all about drugs.

by Anonymousreply 149September 16, 2023 11:00 PM

[quote]He was a super homely teen. FUG FUG. And fat. He had a lot of plastic surgery

R135 Is spot on. Can you imagine all that AND a micro dick? No wonder he’s friends with Andrew Tate and Elon Musk. What a hideous trio of former incels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 16, 2023 11:01 PM

r150 He looks more like a middle aged Italian mob enforcer thats seen some shit than schoolboy

by Anonymousreply 151September 16, 2023 11:03 PM

Don't know if posted but years ago he got into (not enough) trouble by calling an old actor Andrew Sachs on fellow twat Jonathan Woss's radio show where they joked about Brand fucking Sach's granddaughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 16, 2023 11:05 PM

[quote] Drugs, I am surprised folks don't understand this is all about drugs.

What do you mean?

1. Katy was on drugs and her judgment was impaired?

2. Russell was supplying Katy with drugs, so she married her drug dealer.

by Anonymousreply 153September 16, 2023 11:07 PM

R68 what was the advice you found help you?

by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2023 11:13 PM

[quote] Bill Maher had him on his show last year, and couldn't get his nose up his ass deep enough.

I kind of remember that one. Brand wouldn't shut the fuck up and it just seemed annoying for everybody involved.

by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2023 11:17 PM

I don't care for Russell Brand but everyone saying he's "embracing right wing talking points"? Right wing, or just anti-establishment, populist ideas the far left and the right sometimes seem to share?

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2023 11:30 PM

[quote]I don't care for Russell Brand but everyone saying he's "embracing right wing talking points"? Right wing, or just anti-establishment, populist ideas the far left and the right sometimes seem to share?

He's the comedy world Greenwald: truculent, conspiracy-theorizing, loves the sound of his own voice, poses as "just asking questions" when he's doing anything but.

I read the whole article. It's pretty airtight.

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2023 11:34 PM

Anyone defending Russia's invasion of Ukraine and spreading anti-vaccine theories (among his other causes) under the guise of "populism" and "questioning the establishment" has at best a purely cosmetic leftism.

by Anonymousreply 158September 16, 2023 11:38 PM

R156 It's a mix, but, no, not just "alternative" perspectives - anti-democratic, fascist-supporting inanities. Have you actually listened to his podcast? Try his episode where he is interviewing Tucker Carlson.

by Anonymousreply 159September 16, 2023 11:38 PM

Most real leftists are against the Ukraine war and pouring more money into it when we can't "afford" to do anything domestically about homelessness or Medicare For All. And they're against vaccine [bold]mandates[/bold], or for questioning the efficacy of the vaccines, not anti-vax.

by Anonymousreply 160September 16, 2023 11:42 PM

^ Puhlease, vaccine mandates have always existed, it's why you had to get vaccinated to go to school

Real "leftists" do not support GOP propaganda, hon. They do not support Putin the dictator or his invasion of the Ukraine.

Medicare for All will not pass a vote in Congress, thanks to Republicans. It has nothing to do with money

by Anonymousreply 161September 16, 2023 11:45 PM

R62 thirteenth stepping is an epidemic in AA…it was appalling to see.

by Anonymousreply 162September 16, 2023 11:46 PM

[quote] Most real leftists are against the Ukraine war

Cool, what are most "real" leftists doing to stop and reverse Putin's invasion of Ukraine?

by Anonymousreply 163September 16, 2023 11:49 PM

R153: Yes.

by Anonymousreply 164September 16, 2023 11:52 PM

R163 We are so "binary" these days. Leftist - pacifists. Opposed to both the Russian war-criminals and invasion - and the Ukranian corrupt military response. Pacifist demonstrators arrested and put in prison in Ukraine. Putin a fascist dictator in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 165September 17, 2023 12:00 AM

Think, and don't be a dumbfuck. Also a thing r165.

So the proper response to full scale invasion by the Ukrainian "corrupt" military would be jackshit. Got it. Thanks. You are useless.

by Anonymousreply 166September 17, 2023 12:07 AM

[quote]You are useless.

American political discourse at its best....

by Anonymousreply 167September 17, 2023 12:09 AM

R127 oh dear....did he just get out of the swimming pool? Have you heard about shrinkage?

by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2023 12:14 AM

[quote] Most real leftists are against the Ukraine war and pouring more money into it when we can't "afford" to do anything domestically about homelessness or Medicare For All

Au contraire, you're not a real leftist if you oppose supporting Ukraine against an avowedly colonialist invasion by a hyper-capitalist plutocracy, even under the cover of some false dichotomy.

by Anonymousreply 169September 17, 2023 12:14 AM

Have you followed how there is corruption in the Ukranian military. Have you followed how Ukranian pacifists have been arrested and held - human rights violations.

Putin is a fascist. But because he is a fascist, it doesn't mean that we should excuse Ukranian corruption with all the $$ that has flowed into Ukraine. It doesn't mean that a true pacifist decides, "oh, I'll let go of the higher principles I follow now."

I was a CO during Vietnam war. Sorry, war is always wrong and always "advantages" the wealthy, the capitalist international criminals. Always.

by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote] It doesn't mean that a true pacifist decides, "oh, I'll let go of the higher principles I follow now."

True. Which is why most of us aren't pacifists, refusing to fight or even support wars in all and every case. Many of us recognize that supporting the country that was invaded may indeed be the correct decision, despite some "higher principle" invented by pure pacifists.

by Anonymousreply 171September 17, 2023 12:23 AM

"Most real leftists...".

Smells like basement dwelling, mama-roomate, Berner comment.

Socialists might feel that way, Berner, but Democrats and Republicans interested in the preservation of Democracy don't believe in standing around (in mommy's basement) and allowing fascism to consume another nation.

by Anonymousreply 172September 17, 2023 12:24 AM

"invented"

by Anonymousreply 173September 17, 2023 12:24 AM

R172 Hon, most Republicans are trying pretty hard to kill democracy in our country.

by Anonymousreply 174September 17, 2023 12:26 AM

Can we get back to Russell Brand being a rapist please girls

by Anonymousreply 175September 17, 2023 12:29 AM

Seriously R175. One international incident at a time!

by Anonymousreply 176September 17, 2023 12:30 AM

He looks like he lives in a dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 177September 17, 2023 12:33 AM

Hopefully, Aston and Mila will write him letters of reference!

by Anonymousreply 178September 17, 2023 12:34 AM

Russell Brand is the same type of "leftist" as Johnny Lydon, who made a big deal about being for the working man, and ended up supporting Trump, claiming that Trump is "for the working man."

by Anonymousreply 179September 17, 2023 1:37 AM

It's amazing how all these revolutionaries end up as right wing shills.

by Anonymousreply 180September 17, 2023 1:38 AM

What a boring documentary.

by Anonymousreply 181September 17, 2023 1:42 AM

Dannii Minogue on Russell Brand in 2006:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182September 17, 2023 9:55 AM

I could never watch him for more than 10 seconds. He always gave me the creeps and now I know why.

by Anonymousreply 183September 17, 2023 10:22 AM

R160 is hilarious.

"Real leftists".

by Anonymousreply 184September 17, 2023 10:38 AM

In the UK Brand is being supported by the anti lockdown contrarian brigade, the pro Putin crank right and the Corbyn crank left who argue that Brand is being smeared by the MSM in the same way Dear Jeremy was smeared.

I also saw one person argue that it's a hit job because Brand is pro-trans, because Pink News ran a glowing story about how he is bringing his child up without a gender. And there are some anti cancel culture warriors who are doing the "Well he didn't rape ME" tweets,

Seriously, the Brand defenders are so on brand, excuse the pun.

by Anonymousreply 185September 17, 2023 10:45 AM

Please guys, stop comparing this freak to Jared Leto. At least it doesn't physically hurt to look at Jared Leto.

by Anonymousreply 186September 17, 2023 10:45 AM

"In the UK Brand is being supported by the anti lockdown contrarian brigade, the pro Putin crank right and the Corbyn crank left who argue that Brand is being smeared by the MSM in the same way Dear Jeremy was smeared." - I haven't heard any of these types support Brand. The only people who seem to be supporting him are his fans, like those who were at his show last night. Perhaps some of his fans overlap with those groups, but he's not attracting support from any left/right groups claiming he's the target of an establishment smear.

by Anonymousreply 187September 17, 2023 10:50 AM

[quote]I haven't heard any of these types support Brand. The only people who seem to be supporting him are his fans, like those who were at his show last night. Perhaps some of his fans overlap with those groups, but he's not attracting support from any left/right groups claiming he's the target of an establishment smear.

Not that poster but just search his name on twitter/X and you get tons of those people claiming it's an establishment smear in the top tweets.

by Anonymousreply 188September 17, 2023 10:53 AM

I find it bizarre that he was given so many chances. He always came across to me as annoying and unfunny. These allegations make him seem even worse and apparently many "in the business" knew about them yet continued to hire him anyway?

The evidence seems quite watertight. After all, Dispatches and the Sunday Times were unlikely to make these allegations public if they couldn't back them up, given the obvious threat of robust legal action if there was even a hint that the accusations had no truth to them.

It's weird to see his fans believing him completely, while also asking why the women in question left it so long to make their experiences public. Ever think it might have something to do with people who always back celebrities and never believe the alleged victims?

by Anonymousreply 189September 17, 2023 11:17 AM

R186 Please - Leto is about as freaky as they get, and really hates it that the only actual reason anyone pays attention to him is his looks.

by Anonymousreply 190September 17, 2023 11:23 AM

After Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer and now Brand people are going to look at Kenneth Branagh’s new Poirot and think’ which one is the nonce?’

by Anonymousreply 191September 17, 2023 11:29 AM

[quote]R56 Over the past few years, reporters have interviewed hundreds of sources who knew or worked with Brand: ex-girlfriends and their friends and family, comedians and other celebrities, people who worked with him on radio and TV, and senior staff at the BBC, Channel 4 and other media organisations. Along with these interviews reporters have seen private emails and text messages, submitted freedom of information requests, viewed medical and therapists’ notes, scrutinised Brand’s books and interviews, and watched and listened to hundreds of hours of his shows on the BBC, Channel 4 and YouTube to corroborate allegations.

It took a "few years" to get a story together about a comedian/d-list actor/YouTube guy? A very thorough and lengthy journalistic investigation for someone who (it sounds like) was hiding in plain sight.

by Anonymousreply 192September 17, 2023 11:46 AM

r192 It's already been established Brand is very litigious, so it no doubt took years to get enough evidence to get approval from the lawyers

by Anonymousreply 193September 17, 2023 11:50 AM

Yes, because do you understand how hard it is to get people to talk on the record when Brand has Harbottle & Lewis as his lawyers going after anyone who dares say anything and how strict libel laws in the UK are?

by Anonymousreply 194September 17, 2023 11:50 AM

Oh and in case anyone thought the story is done:

[quote]Sunday Times media editor Rosamund Urwin, who worked on the story, told BBC Radio 4's Broadcasting House there were "a lot of questions to be answered" by TV companies.

[quote]She said: "I think in the coming days we will see a lot more scrutiny, including in our paper, of who knew what when, and why on earth this man was continuing to go on Channel 4 shows as late as 2018/2019 when there certainly were widespread rumours that would have at least needed investigating before you put him on your channel."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 17, 2023 11:55 AM

Thanks for the explanation, R193 and R194. I appreciate journalists taking time to get to the truth, but the thoroughness almost sounded like a police investigation for a criminal trial (but even that wouldn't take years).

by Anonymousreply 196September 17, 2023 11:57 AM

Well the other part to bear in mind is it's not like they would've been necessarily working full time for those years on this. Just the work started years ago and then took that long for all the pieces to come together.

by Anonymousreply 197September 17, 2023 12:07 PM

[quote]"I think in the coming days we will see a lot more scrutiny, including in our paper, of who knew what when, and why on earth this man was continuing to go on Channel 4 shows as late as 2018/2019 when there certainly were widespread rumours that would have at least needed investigating before you put him on your channel."

Yes, and it blows my mind that this is still obviously going on - why is Dan Wootton still in his position given all we know about him (and we only know it because ONE small independent media outlet was brave enough to publish it).

by Anonymousreply 198September 17, 2023 12:10 PM

r198 Two, Private Eye - though they didn't get the catfishing stuff - have covered his harassment of staff for years

by Anonymousreply 199September 17, 2023 12:14 PM

Private Eye also covered the Guardian's investigations into Owen Jones bullying women. That's the Owen Jones who continually associated himself with Brand in the 10s, despite so much about Brand already being well known. Brand wrote the blurb for Owen's book in 2014.

The Guardian also has promoted Frankie Boyle, a man who used his platform to bully Rebecca Adlington on her appearance and told a countless "rape" jokes about famous women. The Guardian hosted a paid event where Boyle interviewed Jones about his book in 2020.

The Guardian ran an opinion piece by Peter Tatchell in 2008 where he defended Jonathan Ross and Brand over the Andrew Sachs phone call, suggesting Sachs granddaughter couldn't have been offended because she was a burlesque dancer in a group called Satanic Sluts.

Left wing men will defend and enable misogyny if it suits their cause.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 17, 2023 1:32 PM

Hadley Freeman had the cut of Brand's jib. She's since left The Guardian over its authoritarian stance on gender issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 17, 2023 1:36 PM

And Guardian readers respond to Freeman's article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 17, 2023 1:38 PM

[quote]Left wing men will defend and enable misogyny if it makes them money and they have no principles.

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 203September 17, 2023 1:39 PM

Hi Brit resident here. Can confirm that a lot of misguided idiots believe this is an 'establishment stitch up' because of his outspoken views on the govt, vaccines, plandemic, etc. They really believe that some shadowy figures have singled him out because of this. When you try to engage them on the substantive issues they just will not relent.

There is none so blind as those who will not see .

by Anonymousreply 204September 17, 2023 1:43 PM

Are you referring to random people on Twitter, r204, or your friends and family?

by Anonymousreply 205September 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Funny how the guy whining about the left is ignoring the parade of right wing figures sticking up for Brand today

by Anonymousreply 206September 17, 2023 2:08 PM

I'm really shocked. He seems so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 207September 17, 2023 2:11 PM

[quote]Funny how the guy whining about the left is ignoring the parade of right wing figures sticking up for Brand today

Yeah, I ignored them when I posted about them at R185.

by Anonymousreply 208September 17, 2023 2:19 PM

Apparently there are people who drink the cool aid and think the US just decided to step up and defend poor little Ukraine against big, bad Russia because it’s the humane thing to do, when it’s much more about geo-political strategy, a proxy war, NATO, and empire. I’m not going to go into it but why don’t you read something about what the US did in Ukraine the past 20 years or so?

And yes, most leftists do oppose US imperialism in the face of not ever significantly addressing so many of our domestic problems. How we always have loads of money for defending our interests abroad while crying poor about helping our own citizens. The national minimum wage is still under 8 dollars an hour. Hundreds of thousands still die every year without health care. This is the way many empires fall.

by Anonymousreply 209September 17, 2023 2:37 PM

R209, Russia invaded a sovereign country and has killed hundreds of thousands of people and displacing millions who sought refuge in Europe. Russian troops have been kidnapping, raping, torturing and executing Ukrainians. Russia are the new Nazis.

When Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014 and annexed Crimea, the west did nothing. In fact many leftists (OH JEREMY CORBYN!) blamed NATO for provoking Russia.

The US and Europe are not at war with Russia but are assisting Ukraine in defending itself because if Ukraine doesn't defend itself Russia will invade other European countries.

A strong Russia and a weak Europe is not in the interests of America as a state or Americans as a society.

Leftists and MAGAists are two cheeks on the same arse.

by Anonymousreply 210September 17, 2023 2:44 PM

Yeah, R209, "geo-political strategy, a proxy war, NATO, and empire"—the strategy to oppose a colonialist invasion by a grossly plutocratic power, which threatens further westward encroachment. It's pretty rich to suspect the West of imperialism and capitalist predation when Russia is the worst example of those qualities, and is totally solidary with the most reactionary and predatory political movements in the West (who does Tucker Carlson support?).

by Anonymousreply 211September 17, 2023 2:49 PM

Why would the MSM bother destroying this choad? Bitch, please. He's a D-Lister. Just because some contrarians eat the shit out of his unwashed asshole because he says what they want to hear and he has trash for friends doesn't make him globally important.

If anyone really thinks that, they need a long break from social media.

by Anonymousreply 212September 17, 2023 3:34 PM

[quote] Funny how guys like Leonardo DiCaprio or Derek Jeter have famously slept with thousands of women, and never once have they been accused of crossing a line.

R66, Leo's not gay?

by Anonymousreply 213September 17, 2023 3:41 PM

i bet you can easily fit that small cock into your mouth

by Anonymousreply 214September 17, 2023 3:49 PM

Did he ever go through puberty? Seriously. Cos that cocklet is teeny tiny

by Anonymousreply 215September 17, 2023 4:11 PM

He is a pig and so is Tucker and the pigs who defend him

by Anonymousreply 216September 17, 2023 5:17 PM

Is Russell the puny cocklet troll?

by Anonymousreply 217September 17, 2023 5:19 PM

I read the Times article. A great many people including his scummy lawyers had his number for a long time. All acquaintance rape, which is hard to prosecute. Odd that he didn't negotiate settlements and NDAs. He must have been very confident of his ability to control these women. I'm sure more rape and assault accounts will come out. He is a lifelong sex addict and harasser. Being a comedian allowed him to turn his behavior into a joke.

Not blaming the victims but I don't know why these women would have anything to do with him. That certainly applies to the 16-year-old's parents.

Remembering when Hollywood tried to sell him as someone funny and attractive. If there's a walking advertisement for body odor, he's it.

by Anonymousreply 218September 17, 2023 5:59 PM

Do we have presenters the way they do in UK? I guess Billy Crystal can be considered a presenter because he literally presented SNL the whole time he was on the show. Whoopi Goldberg is another, I guess.

But UK seems to have a whole niche where people make it a career to host more than just game shows and award shows that we don’t have here. Like on GBBO. In the US we would never have 2 random presenters wandering around making wisecracks as people cook. I mean - we wouldn’t have that unless we copied it from GBBO.

Presenter seems to be something people aspire to become in UK.

by Anonymousreply 219September 17, 2023 6:01 PM

Lena Dunham used him in her last film.

by Anonymousreply 220September 17, 2023 6:01 PM

Did they mention if he gave them STDs?

by Anonymousreply 221September 17, 2023 6:02 PM

[quote] Russell Brand is not only much more popular than mainstream media

He’s also more popular than:

Reynolds Wrap

That little groove under your nose

Saying god bless you when someone sneezes

What else is Russell Brand more popular then? Any help?

by Anonymousreply 222September 17, 2023 6:06 PM

^ He looks like a walking STD

by Anonymousreply 223September 17, 2023 6:10 PM

Seems legit. The way he dumped Katy Perry shows what a POS he is. Sure she’s dumb and her music sucks but he chose her as his wife and they had an intimate relationship. It was a beyond shitty way to behave.

by Anonymousreply 224September 17, 2023 6:13 PM

The Revised Consent Brigade Rides Again!

They fucked the hot celebrity of the moment, now they’re embarrassed because he’s a right wing, aging douche bag and so they have to distance themselves. I bet some of these women went around bragging about how they slept with Russell Brand back in the day, but now it’s rape.

by Anonymousreply 225September 17, 2023 6:18 PM

What a delight you are, R225. And fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 226September 17, 2023 6:22 PM

R226 sorry… I’m not for a world that swings to female only rule, where instead of rape we get false rape allegations for looking at some insecure bitch wrong.

by Anonymousreply 227September 17, 2023 6:26 PM

R227 is Pro-Rape and proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 228September 17, 2023 6:27 PM

No, it seems as if they knew it was rape at the time.

Kenneth Branagh used him in his most recent film.

Here's some folk who recently appeared on his Luminary "Under the Skin" podcast: Judd Apatow, Annie Lennox, Michael Pollan, Jameela Jamil, Malcolm Gladwell, Gabor Mate, Brene Brown, Lena Dunham, Eckhart Tolle, David Lynch, Deepak Chopra, Matthew McConaughey, Conan O'Brien, Ricky Gervais, Noam Chomsky. Shame on all of you.

by Anonymousreply 229September 17, 2023 6:31 PM

I’ve told this before. Gay man here. I was drugged and raped and didn’t report it.

I didn’t think anyone would believe me. Had others come forward with similar experiences, I would have.

These situations can be a mind fuck. Victims blame themselves.

by Anonymousreply 230September 17, 2023 6:39 PM

[quote]Presenter seems to be something people aspire to become in UK

Not really, presenter tends to be the last resort for someone who wants a career in the media. Most have generally failed in other areas - comedy, music, sport being the main ones.

by Anonymousreply 231September 17, 2023 6:47 PM

Oh, and reality TV of course

by Anonymousreply 232September 17, 2023 6:59 PM

[quote]Do we have presenters the way they do in UK? I guess Billy Crystal can be considered a presenter because he literally presented SNL the whole time he was on the show. Whoopi Goldberg is another, I guess. But UK seems to have a whole niche where people make it a career to host more than just game shows and award shows that we don’t have here. Like on GBBO. In the US we would never have 2 random presenters wandering around making wisecracks as people cook. I mean - we wouldn’t have that unless we copied it from GBBO. Presenter seems to be something people aspire to become in UK.

He's not really a presenter in the traditional sense. He was on MTV for a bit, he presented a spin off Big Brother show on a minor channel that had limited viewers. And he had a BBC radio show for a couple of years. Michelle Visage currently has a BBC radio show.

by Anonymousreply 233September 17, 2023 7:01 PM

He was close pals with Noel Gallagher and best man at his wedding in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 234September 17, 2023 7:01 PM

R230 I'm so sorry that happened to you but thank you for your post.

My sister worked in a rape crisis line and I was surprised when she told me that the policy was not to urge callers to report the assault/rape but simply to offer support for whatever decision they made. The goal is for a victim to recover some power and agency. Also surprising was that many calls were about rapes that happened years ago and the victim just now was experiencing extreme anxiety or suicidal impulses.

by Anonymousreply 235September 17, 2023 7:21 PM

Oddly, it was a blessing that I was unconscious (he used a condom… was removing it as I was coming to). Saved me a lot of the trauma, I suspect.

One of my best friends had a crush on the guy. He was the first person I told and he didn’t believe me… jealousy… yeah, because nothing says a fun time like being slipped a roofie in your drink and waking up with a sore rectum. What fun for me!

by Anonymousreply 236September 17, 2023 7:31 PM

It's sickening how many people knew and didn't/couldn't/wouldn't say anything. That taxi driver had the right idea. He should have driven that 16 year old home and faced any consequences the next day. How hard would that have been?

Forget the politics. Forget the show business influence. Just do the right fucking thing. Jesus.

I'm grateful in hindsight for those who spoke up as much as they could, but damn. How many signs do you need?

I hope he rots. Fuck his allies and sympathizers.

by Anonymousreply 237September 17, 2023 8:19 PM

I see from Wikipedia that John Mayer was Katy Perry's rebound. What a contrast—nice, no-strings way to ease back into life.

by Anonymousreply 238September 17, 2023 9:09 PM

It's not rape if the BBC knows about it!

by Anonymousreply 239September 17, 2023 9:10 PM

Couple of good tweets, first Jessica Elgot of The Guardian:

[quote]The big secret behind the timing of when big investigations are released by the media? It tends to be when it’s ready and the lawyers have said yes. Incredible but true.

And Tom Whipple of the Times showing up the conspiracists stupidity

[quote]What is the conspiracists' explanation? Is it that The Times knew in 2013, but held onto it in case Brand became an antivaxxer for a virus that didn't exist yet, then waited two years past the point when that vaccine was most crucial to use that information? Is that it?

My absolute favourite insane take that I've seen about this is that they released this story now to distract from Wales reducing the speed limit to 20 mph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 17, 2023 9:55 PM

Oh, they are deliciously desperate and grasping.

by Anonymousreply 241September 17, 2023 10:05 PM

How small do you think he is ? Judging by that pic? Is he even 4 inches?

by Anonymousreply 242September 17, 2023 11:05 PM

nice. Alex Jones is now on Russell Brand's side as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 17, 2023 11:39 PM

Not surprised.

I believe the victims!

by Anonymousreply 244September 17, 2023 11:44 PM

Well, if Alex Jones is standing up for him...

by Anonymousreply 245September 17, 2023 11:45 PM

I suffer emotional abuse just watching him on TV.

by Anonymousreply 246September 17, 2023 11:47 PM

The victims' stories, individually and taken in total, are very compelling. A shows a real pattern of sexual violence and misogyny over a number of years. It's hard to defend.

He could say that it occurred during his drug & drink period, and that sobriety, therapy and family life has eliminated the demons. And it might be true, but it doesn't erase the real past harm done to so many. He's toast, in mainstream life and entertainment anyways. He'll still have his YT channel and ridiculous rants, with his rabid following.

I wonder if he could be charged with some of these past crimes though. The UK police have been asking for women to come forward. And there will be ancillary fallout at the media groups (BBC?) that employed him, while he willfully harassed and assaulted his co-workers.

by Anonymousreply 247September 18, 2023 12:06 AM

He can always sell supplements to his low IQ fans. Or, maybe start his own religion or a cult. You can make big bucks pandering to dumbasses, especially when you already have some followers who will ignore reality for what you tell them. He should look into it.

by Anonymousreply 248September 18, 2023 12:15 AM

[QUOTE]He could say that it occurred during his drug & drink period

Supposedly he was sober. He just replaced those addictions with a sex addiction.

by Anonymousreply 249September 18, 2023 12:16 AM

Is "sex addict" the same thing as "nymphomaniac"?

by Anonymousreply 250September 18, 2023 12:19 AM

Traditionally nymphomaniac refers to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 251September 18, 2023 12:25 AM

R250, in his case, "sex addict" meant "I'm preemptively establishing a mental health defense in case I need it at some time in the future."

by Anonymousreply 252September 18, 2023 12:33 AM

He liked to prey on young women and girls at AA meetings. A special kind of scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 253September 18, 2023 12:35 AM

TBH it does sound like a sex addiction. A staffer in the documentary said that he had something like 5 different women per day not to mention always hitting on women even at work. That's not normal, it sounds compulsive.

by Anonymousreply 254September 18, 2023 12:52 AM

Danni Minogue had his number

by Anonymousreply 255September 18, 2023 12:58 AM

[quote] Traditionally nymphomaniac refers to a woman.

Yes, but only because traditionally men are all supposed to be nymphomaniacs.

by Anonymousreply 256September 18, 2023 12:58 AM

Dannii Minogue publicly called him out as a VILE PREDATOR as far back as 2006

Nearly 20 years before a bombshell documentary made multiple sexual abuse allegations about Russell Brand, Aussie pop star Dannii Minogue reportedly labelled him a “vile predator”.

The singer, who once sat down for a TV interview with Brand, made the blunt assessment all the way back in 2006, in an interview with The Mirror at the Michele Watches Summer Party, per the Daily Mail UK.

“He is completely crazy and a bit of a vile predator. I certainly don’t think he has cured his sex addiction, that’s for sure,” Minogue said.

“He wouldn’t take no for an answer. [ …] He always goes that step too far. Never quite far enough to slap his face, but usually too far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257September 18, 2023 1:04 AM

R256 no, it's because nymphs are female. I suppose the male version would be a 'lothario', 'Casanova' or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 258September 18, 2023 1:11 AM

Is the pic @ r127 real???

by Anonymousreply 259September 18, 2023 1:11 AM

Except none of those are really a diagnosis r258. Those are all ambiguous at best and usually kind of positive. If a woman wants to get it, it's traditionally (not really these days, but definitely for many centuries) it's considered a big problem and 19th century Herr Doctors were required to step in and figure out this strange turn of events.

by Anonymousreply 260September 18, 2023 1:14 AM

R260 I've always seen 'lothario' as a pejorative - and why are you talking about the 19thC anyway? Things have moved on.

by Anonymousreply 261September 18, 2023 1:16 AM

His penis is inverted. Like a true medical micro penis. He could win Howard Sterns Tiny Penis Pageant

by Anonymousreply 262September 18, 2023 1:16 AM

Really, you've always seen "lothario" as a pejorative r261. You sure? And I'm talking about the 19th century because that is when the word and the concept of "nymphomaniac" were invented. You are correct, however, that we should all just leave it in that century and stop pretending that it has anything to do with Russell Brand raping a lot of women.

by Anonymousreply 263September 18, 2023 1:21 AM

[quote] You sure?

Of course I am sure.

[quote]You are correct, however, that we should all just leave it in that century and stop pretending that it has anything to do with Russell Brand raping a lot of women.

Good because it's getting fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 264September 18, 2023 1:24 AM

[quote] Good because it's getting fucking annoying.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 265September 18, 2023 1:30 AM

Baby, you’re a firrrreeewooorrkkk. 😩

by Anonymousreply 266September 18, 2023 1:30 AM

For some reason I had it in my head that he'd been in a long relationship with Amy Winehouse, but I'm not seeing that in anything online about him. I guess I've let the pop culture since about 2001 sort of go on without me.

by Anonymousreply 267September 18, 2023 1:32 AM

Winehouse dated that smackhead Blake Fielder-Civil for a long time who had a somewhat similar aesthetic to Brand so I can see how you got them mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 268September 18, 2023 1:35 AM

The Times -

[quote]More women have come forward with allegations about their treatment by Russell Brand after the entertainment industry was rocked by accusations of rape and sexual assault against the actor and former BBC presenter. The Times and Sunday Times have been contacted by several women since Saturday with claims about Brand’s behaviour since the early 2000s.

Guessing we'll probably hear about some other cases.

by Anonymousreply 269September 18, 2023 2:04 AM

Wow looked at his channel, really right wing craziness and over 6 mil subscribers. A few years ago he was all about breath work and meditation. Scary times.

by Anonymousreply 270September 18, 2023 2:19 AM

anyone know how much a youtube channel like that would be making?

by Anonymousreply 271September 18, 2023 2:44 AM

The shamelessness of this Guardian article is almost amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 18, 2023 6:31 AM

I have always thought his behaviour was juvenile and creepy. What I don’t understand is why women would want to be anywhere near him. He’s fucking hideous in every way.

by Anonymousreply 273September 18, 2023 6:46 AM

Apparently, one of the victims has text messages from him, begging her not to report the assault/rape.

If that's true, I hope they throw his tiny cocked ass in jail.

by Anonymousreply 274September 18, 2023 6:49 AM

The MAGA nutjobs are fucking insane

The volatile comedian-turned-activist’s ability to be openly and honestly flawed sets him apart from the grand old men of the right.

No one is better at attacking Russell Brand than Russell Brand. He takes the lavish criticisms aimed at him and, like Cyrano de Bergerac, shows his opponents how to do it properly.

He is volatile, vulnerable, troubled, mercurial, but unlike most people in public life, he makes no attempt to hide it. His emotional honesty helps to explain his appeal, and his ability to inspire people who had switched off from politics.

Yes, his politics are rough and inchoate, but he doesn’t claim to have all the answers. Sometimes he can be incoherent. But even that is a refreshing change from the stifling coherence of some of the grand old men of the right, for whom everything must conform to a rigid scheme of loyalties and enmities, and who appear unable to admit mistakes. This obnoxious and dishonest rigidity, often enforced by a cult-like following, is, I believe, one of the reasons why the right often struggles to build support.

Brand’s openness about his flaws makes him a good leader, and allows those who admire him to be good followers. He’s the best thing that has happened to the left in years.

by Anonymousreply 275September 18, 2023 7:01 AM

He wouldn’t have made lewd advances or drugged those women and girls if there were enforced monogamy in which he was assigned a nubile child bride as his property to do with as he pleased. But no, thanks to postmodern, neo-Marxism — I mean, the LGBT agenda… actually the “woke” mind virus…. never mind, now it’s the deep state’s vaccine mandates — oh wait, today it’s illegals invading our borders — that’s responsible for the downfall of this spiritual, Christ-like man!

by Anonymousreply 276September 18, 2023 7:02 AM

Believe it or not, there are 51 articles on Russell Brand on the Daily Mail front page. I don't think even the Kardashians got that much coverage even at their peak. Sorry no link as that would delete my post.

by Anonymousreply 277September 18, 2023 7:09 AM

[quote] he makes no attempt to hide it.

It's called 'hiding in plain sight'. A tactic people like Michael Jackson, Jimmy Savile and R. Kelly. That way people go 'oh, that's their schtick, that's the way they are'. When it actually goes deeper and more disturbing than that.

by Anonymousreply 278September 18, 2023 8:36 AM

*employ

by Anonymousreply 279September 18, 2023 8:37 AM

"UK police urged to investigate sex assault allegations against comedian Russell Brand"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 18, 2023 10:47 AM

The police can't investigate without a complaint, but I hope women do start coming forward.

by Anonymousreply 281September 18, 2023 11:01 AM

BRAND DROPPED FROM CRANK LEFT POETRY BOOK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282September 18, 2023 11:03 AM

People should bear in mind the all round shittiness of the Met, especially with regard to women, when expecting women to make reports to the police.

by Anonymousreply 283September 18, 2023 11:04 AM

Wheels are falling off of this clown car

by Anonymousreply 284September 18, 2023 11:39 AM

Brand is so repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 285September 18, 2023 11:45 AM

He's so repulsive I am almost uninterested in this story, which seems to be wall to wall. Investigate him, charge him, let's be rid of him. I don't understand what he offers or ever really did, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 286September 18, 2023 1:05 PM

[quote]Believe it or not, there are 51 articles on Russell Brand on the Daily Mail front page. I don't think even the Kardashians got that much coverage even at their peak. Sorry no link as that would delete my post.

And in Montecito, it's one of those days you realize what life is like when you get what you want. And it's... a mixed sensation.

by Anonymousreply 287September 18, 2023 1:06 PM

Why women don't come forward - because when they do, they're silenced. From 2014.

[quote]Judge tells masseuse to stop harassing Russell Brand and Jemima Khan

[quote]Celebrity couple win court order in ongoing dispute with Szilvia Berki, which they say has caused considerable distress

[quote] A high court judge has ordered a Hungarian-born masseuse not to harass comedian Russell Brand and his partner Jemima Khan.

[quote]Szilvia Berki, 31, had claimed that she was treated "like a prostitute" after Khan arranged for her to give Brand a massage as a birthday present in June.

[quote]Mrs Justice Carr said Berki had told police that Brand had assaulted her. But police had told Brand and Khan that there was no case to answer, and said the investigation was closed. The judge said Berki had subsequently contacted newspapers and tried to contact an MP and the prime minister.

[quote]The couple took legal action and Carr made an "anti-harassment" order. Another judge had made an similar order on an "urgent basis" in August.

[quote]Carr, who heard the case at a high court hearing in London, said that injunction would continue pending any trial or further order.

[quote]Lawyers representing Brand and Khan had told the court that an assault claim made by Ms Berki, who is also known as "Sylvie", had been investigated and police had concluded that there was no case to answer.

[quote]Carr said, in a written ruling, that Berki had "held herself out as a professional qualified masseuse".

[quote]The judge said Khan had arranged a professional massage from Berki as a birthday present for Brand. They had met at Khan's home – near Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire – on 7 June.

[quote]"There is a dispute as to what happened at the meeting," she said, explaining that Brand and Khan say Brand was uneasy with Berki and did not wish to proceed with the massage. "The position was uncomfortable but not unfriendly. [Ms Berki] on the other hand alleges that she was the victim of wrongful and criminal conduct.

[quote]"[Brand and Khan] deny any such conduct."

[quote]The judge said that Berki's services as a masseuse were not in the event taken up. She was driven home and paid the agreed fee.

[quote]She said that Brand and Khan had taken legal action claiming that Berki's activities had caused them considerable distress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288September 18, 2023 1:21 PM

If his fans are MAGAts, the victims and their families will be doxxed, stalked, and threatened.

MAGAts are psychopaths and it's their MO.

by Anonymousreply 289September 18, 2023 1:40 PM

I think most of the victims are in the UK, r289, so MAGAts are irrelevant. The US isn't the centre of the world, you know.

by Anonymousreply 290September 18, 2023 1:42 PM

R272 What's shameless about it?

by Anonymousreply 291September 18, 2023 3:26 PM

Right, R290, 'cause MAGAts never use the internet.

by Anonymousreply 292September 18, 2023 3:46 PM

Met police: “On Sunday 17 September, the Met received a report of a sexual assault which was alleged to have taken place in Soho in central London in 2003. Officers are in contact with the woman and will be providing her with support."

by Anonymousreply 293September 18, 2023 3:53 PM

Because MAGAts are going to be so familiar with British addresses, r292. And why would MAGAts care about Russell Brand? The US and its MAGAts are really not that significant at all in this case.

In any case, Trump was dissing Russell Brand many years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 18, 2023 3:55 PM

To clarify r294, Trump was dissing Brand because Brand was marrying an American woman.

by Anonymousreply 295September 18, 2023 3:56 PM

[quote]And why would MAGAts care about Russell Brand?

Not who you were replying to, but it'd be less about them caring about Brand and more about their hatred of women

by Anonymousreply 296September 18, 2023 3:59 PM

A lot of the people who watch his Youtube show are MAGAts. Brand was a star of some sort in the U.S. at one time as well (before he got dropped).

by Anonymousreply 297September 18, 2023 4:00 PM

[quote]Comedian Sara Pascoe claimed there are two well-known predators in the comedy circuit after Russell Brand was accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse.

[quote]...

[quote]Pascoe said in an interview with The Independent shared on Saturday: "We kept thinking that’s the problem – if we had a good enough union, there’d be a place where you could go and say ‘there’s this person getting women drunk at festivals and taking advantage of them'."

[quote]Due to libel laws, it's made it hard to name an alleged predator without unmistakable evidence and "you can't just tweet about it." She went on to indicate that there is more than one predator in the industry, including "a man that's assaulted men." Last year, Pascoe appeared on Katherine Ryan's Amazon Prime series Backstage with Katherine Ryan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298September 18, 2023 4:04 PM

I still don't understand WTF he meant by "baroque" in the context of the allegations. I think the poster who suggested he uses a word-of-the-day app may be on to something.

by Anonymousreply 299September 18, 2023 4:05 PM

Good point, R293. British addresses are so wildly different than American address.

Here's the Ritz in London: 150 PICCADILLY, LONDON W1J 9BR

Here;'s the Plaza, New York: 768 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10019

How would a MAGAt ever untangle it all? So very different.

by Anonymousreply 300September 18, 2023 4:07 PM

Brand has had Musk, Tate, and a couple of other RWNJs stand up for him since the news hit. MAGAts are a blunt weapon who will go after whoever their heroes point them towards. See, also: J6. They do as they're told as long as the people who hate the same folks they hate, are giving them the orders.

by Anonymousreply 301September 18, 2023 4:07 PM

^ Sorry R293... ^ was for the genius that is R294. And no, R294, a next door typo doesn't make me as dumb as you.

by Anonymousreply 302September 18, 2023 4:07 PM

From the BBC liveblog:

[quote]Russell Brand's upcoming live shows have been postponed as police look into a claim of sexual assault from 2003.

[quote]A statement from the promoters of Brand's Bipolarisation tour said: "We are postponing these few remaining addiction charity fundraiser shows, we don't like doing it - but we know you'll understand."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303September 18, 2023 4:11 PM

Some random British street in some random British town that they've never heard of would mean nothing to MAGAts, r300. Stop trying to make this horrific story about rape about the US and its political dysfunctions.

by Anonymousreply 304September 18, 2023 4:19 PM

Tate is British, r301, and Musk barely said anything.

This isn't a story about the US and its politics. Stop trying to make it about you.

by Anonymousreply 305September 18, 2023 4:21 PM

So the first report was in 2003? There goes his argument that he's "being punished for his beliefs" or whatever. He was not a vocal right-winger at the time

by Anonymousreply 306September 18, 2023 4:24 PM

Nice try, R304. You're full of shit. The internet does not know national boundaries. They don't give a shit about street addresses, they give a shit about doxxing. Give up. You're wrong. It's OK to be wrong some times. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 307September 18, 2023 4:24 PM

Gronk joked about taking Tebow's.

But...I don't know. That's different.

by Anonymousreply 308September 18, 2023 4:31 PM

Lol R307, the only way you can claim I'm wrong is if some MAGAts actually start doxxing and harassing Brand's accusers. That hasn't happened thus far, so it seems that the one who's wrong is you.

by Anonymousreply 309September 18, 2023 4:33 PM

OK, R309. I'll just monitor the whole internet for the likely. I hope you don't have anything interesting to say elsewhere because I've just blocked you for your enormous amount of stubborn stupid. Honest stupid, we all have our moments, but digging in on a lost cause... later, Einstein.

by Anonymousreply 310September 18, 2023 4:35 PM

I can picture him wanting to represent himself in court if he gets charged. Scientology-esque word salads, gesticulations, and vague mutterings about the establishment galore...

by Anonymousreply 311September 18, 2023 4:36 PM

Russell Brand’s last major television job in the UK ended with him being dropped after he was repeatedly accused of being a “sexual predator” during the recording of the show.

Brand was booked as a judge on Comedy Central’s Roast Battle in 2018, but only lasted a single season on the series after he himself was roasted on-camera over allegations he had sexually assaulted women. He strongly denies criminal wrongdoing.

Three sources close to the Fulwell 73 production said Roast Battle judge Katherine Ryan turned the heat on Brand a number of times during filming. Her allegations did not make the final edit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312September 18, 2023 4:38 PM

Fulwell 73 having James Corden and his producer Ben Winston as partners

by Anonymousreply 313September 18, 2023 4:41 PM

R138/r139, it seems the driver who drove the 16 year old to Brand's house was driving a BBC car, so he could very well have been familiar with the rumours about what was going on in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314September 18, 2023 4:46 PM

The main defense that his PR machine is disseminating through social media is that he openly joked about predatory behavior as part of a sting operation to bring the real predators (like Jimmy Savile) out into the open. I’m not kidding. And yes — he and his YT channel are backed by right-wing astroturfers.

by Anonymousreply 315September 18, 2023 4:49 PM

"@TheLondonHughes

I was newly signed with Russell’s agent at the height of his career, I was a HUGE fan of the man… So excited to meet him! But my first day at the agency i was told unprovoked that I shouldn’t sleep with him under any circumstances, as he likes to pursue women, have sex with them

But as soon as he had sex with them, they’d made him feel sick and he didn’t want to be around them anymore, so he would have them fired, or dropped from the agency… it had happened several times in the past. I was 22 at the time, did what I was told and completely avoided him."

by Anonymousreply 316September 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Russell Brand makes his first appearance since the rape accusations on Real Time with Bill Maher in 5...4...3...2...

by Anonymousreply 317September 18, 2023 5:10 PM

It's too bad that Brand's agent wouldn't talk to any of the people reporting this - I bet he knows a LOT. So many people seem too scared to talk about him publicly - only one comedian would go on the record and the victims all wanted to be anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 318September 18, 2023 5:11 PM

[quote][R272] What's shameless about it?

R291, it's shameless that a media organisation that employed a man for many years and used him to generate income would not mention that fact when reporting accusations of sexual assault when he worked at other media organisations.

Brand was a known predator when The Guardian hired him. At least this article acknowledges it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319September 18, 2023 5:20 PM

I disagree with the argument that Brand was "lionised this time by a liberal political establishment". Most liberals knew he was a pompous cunt. It was self identified radicals who lionised him.

Brand started writing for The Guardian in 2006. He continued to write weekly columns for them when the Andrew Sachs phone call scandal broke.

by Anonymousreply 320September 18, 2023 5:27 PM

I wonder what his wife is thinking. She's pregnant now too, isn't she? Except for youtube, his income is drying up.

by Anonymousreply 321September 18, 2023 5:32 PM

Thanks R319. I didn't know he wrote for the Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 322September 18, 2023 5:32 PM

[quote] And yes — he and his YT channel are backed by right-wing astroturfers.

I'd like to hear more about this.

by Anonymousreply 323September 18, 2023 5:38 PM

Back in the day I never thought Brand was funny and couldn't understood why he was lionised by some, although the explanation given was that it was because he revealed "deep truths" and was "honest" and "vulnerable". Nothing to do with politics (at least not initially, although he did then become a left-wing hero), but about British repression and class. He was supposedly a working-class man who was talking openly about sex and sexuality, which Britons apparently can't do. He claimed at one point that he had been considered a bit effeminate, and I guess at the time he was his 20s and 30s he might have been.

His biography, My Booky Wook (the title itself is very cringe British "comedic irony") was filled with revelations about his abusive father and Brand's addictions, which made Brand even more lionised for his "honesty" and "candidness". It's quite horrifying to think that his crude sexual "jokes", which today we can see as evidence of him being a sexual abuser hiding in plain sight, were considered "honest" and led to him being seen as a "vulnerable man confronting his demons" or whatever shit excuses were made for him at the time.

by Anonymousreply 324September 18, 2023 5:47 PM

This charming man

He survived an unhappy childhood, a heroin and crack habit, a public tongue-lashing from Bob Geldof and being sacked from MTV for dressing as Bin Laden. Not to mention the Kate Moss connection and his supposed sex addiction. But that's what makes the stand-up and star of Big Brother's Big Mouth so compelling...

Barbara Ellen

Sun 18 Jun 2006 00.05 BST

It would probably take an entire issue of The Observer to fully explain Russell Brand. He's hugely 'hot' at the moment on quite a few different levels. Some people will know him from E4's Big Brother's Big Mouth, where he bounds around, a loquacious gothic vision among a live studio audience, getting their opinion on the housemates. Others from the tabloids, who adore 'oddball' Brand for spending a night with Kate Moss (after she saw him perform stand-up), for generating amusing kiss-and-tells ('He said: "I'm a sexy wildman!"'), and for being a 'reformed heroin and crack addict' and 'sex addict', who is quite open about a druggy degenerate past that involved bulimia, mental illness and sleeping with prostitutes (you can see why Brand is considered such good copy).

[...]

The night before we met I saw him perform at the Hen & Chickens comedy club in north London, and Brand was articulate, scathing, surreal and strangely vulnerable-looking in his bare feet (nothing like his uber-zany BBBM persona). Later Brand tells me his central themes (for stand-up and for life) are authenticity, honesty and revolution ('triumph over conformity') but at the Hen & Chickens he mainly cheekily dissected that day's kiss-and-tell on him. 'I'm fascinated by tabloid culture,' he tells me later. 'Out of sheer narcissism it's interesting to see yourself abstracted from yourself.'

We meet on a sunny afternoon at his publicist's office. Just to look at, Brand is quite extraordinary - tall (6ft 2in), thin, bearded, kohl-eyed, with a camp Victorian look that partly suggests he should be holding a hanky to his nose complaining about the smell of the poor (Lord Byron slumming it). 'Black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside,' says Brand easily. He turns out to be great company - imaginative, playful and, considering the ups and downs of his life, open to a fault. About most things anyway. Ask about the fuss surrounding him and Moss, and Brand clams up. 'I'm embarrassed about it. She's a lovely person. I've only met her a couple of times - I should be careful what I say.'

Like a lot of ex-drug addicts Brand can also get a bit 'cosmic' at times - there's quite a lot of guff (albeit self mocking) about being in tune with the 'universe', along the lines of: 'I believe that everything is one thing and time is infinite, time is cyclical, and at one point we've all been each other.' Quite.

However, there's a genuine intelligence there, and literacy. Brand's conversation is peppered with references from people as diverse as Oscar Wilde and Lester Bangs. At one point he paraphrases Schopenhauer: 'That thing of how you're scared of the storm because nature is much bigger than us? Well, I am the storm.'

The thing you get most of all from Brand is the strange cocktail of ambition and vulnerability, which could spell danger for this battle-hardened self-saboteur. 'I've always had this impulse to be destructive,' says Brand. 'I'm more on my guard now. But I've always had this thing in me, a Bacchanalian impulse. The thing that says there's only this, there's only now, there's nothing else, so fuck everything. I still have little explosions of it, but I have to say to myself, remember, you've got all these things to do - don't ruin it just for the moment.' [...]

From early adolescence Brand was suspected to be bipolar and hyper-manic, though he was only treated for depression. Around the age of 11 he started binge-eating and vomiting. 'It was really unusual in boys, quite embarrassing. But I found it euphoric.'

As an adult, when he was in rehab, the bulimia briefly returned. 'It was clearly about getting out of myself and isolation. Feeling inadequate and unpleasant.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 18, 2023 5:52 PM

THERE IS A GROUP OF VILE WOMEN IN THE MEDIA WHO HAVE FORMED A RAPE ACCUSATION TEAM CALLED THE RAPE SQUAD

Russell Brand is Only The Latest Example… IF YOU BECOME TOO INFLUENTIAL AGAINST THE WOKE MOB THEN THEY WILL COME AFTER YOU

Multiple of Russell Brand’s Ex-Girlfriends Confirmed They Were Pressured By The Rape Squad To Create False Accusations!

They Reach Out To Everyone You Have Ever Known & Offer To Pay Them To Manufacture The Story! Most Say No, But It Only Takes A Few.

by Anonymousreply 326September 18, 2023 5:54 PM

The Rape Brigade

by Anonymousreply 327September 18, 2023 5:55 PM

The Barbara Ellen interview with Brand in the Observer (the Sunday "sister" edition of the Guardian) sums up best how Brand was viewed and lionised at the height of his fame and just how much the media world loved him.

[quote]Considering Brand's quasi-camp persona, it's interesting that both his father and stepfather were macho types. During his show he delivered a scathing attack on just such men. Does he have a hatred of machismo? 'I think I'm more spellbound. I want to be able to dominate that; be stronger than it.' One infamous Brand escapade from his druggy days was when he masturbated another man ('with pubic hair like angry Shredded Wheat') to test whether he had gay tendencies (he hadn't). Would he have preferred to be gay? 'It would have been convenient to be gay,' says Brand. 'Just because of the grooming, the narcissism, stuff like that. But I have this kind of roaring heterosexuality. Traditional, uncomplicated heterosexuality, an almost clichéd Robin Askwith thing. People have always said, are you gay? I've had a lot of that. But it's just not in me. I really like women a lot; I'm repulsed by men sexually.'

[...]

[quote]MTV finally sacked him when he turned up the day after 11 September dressed as Osama Bin Laden. Brand says he wouldn't do something like that now. 'Back then I was very anarchic in a very uneducated way,' he says. 'I thought, good, I'm glad society is crumbling, I'm glad everyone is afraid. When a catastrophe happens it's, like, I feel that way all the time, everything's always a catastrophe. So stuff like that levels the playing field, I think.'

This is the kind of thing that people thought was "honest and vulnerable" or "intellectually brilliant" back in the day. He was simply an obnoxious bullshitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 18, 2023 5:59 PM

I never liked this idiot.

by Anonymousreply 329September 18, 2023 6:01 PM

A statement from the promoters of Brand's Bipolarisation tour said: "We are postponing these few remaining addiction charity fundraiser shows, we don't like doing it - but we know you'll understand."

What an absolute shit-end

by Anonymousreply 330September 18, 2023 6:15 PM

More from the Guardian, this time. Marina Hyde admits thinking Brand is unfunny but was happy to side with him when the late old fuddy duddy Michael Parkinson criticised him for being pointless.

[quote]Well. Lost in Showbiz admits it only saw the trailer for Russell's most recent movie Get Him to the Greek, and spent much of the ensuing main feature staggered at his apparent inability to deliver a line – for an accomplished standup to fall short of even a one-note performance would appear quite a feat. But I doubt Brand could give two hoots. He is apparently entirely untrammeled by self-doubt, affianced to a gorgeous popstar, and milking a period in which misguided folk keep giving him lucrative movie roles. Indeed, were anything to make one reflexively warm to the old chancer, it is surely his having incurred the disapproval of Britain's pre-eminent paradigm of professional Yorkshire-dullard smugness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 18, 2023 6:15 PM

[quote]More from the Guardian

Exactly what point do you think you're making with this tedious obsession with posting links to the Guardian?

by Anonymousreply 332September 18, 2023 6:19 PM

Let the flood gates open…

Russell Brand: More Women Reportedly Come Forward with Allegations as U.K. Police Begin Investigation

“More women have reportedly come forward with allegations against Russell BRand as U.K. police and channels begin investigation following sexual assault claims.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333September 18, 2023 6:39 PM

More women are coming forward with claims. Let the flood gates open:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334September 18, 2023 6:40 PM

Several people have posted links to the Guardian, r332. It's one of the best go-to sources on Brand from his heyday (both from those who lionised him - which the Guardian was at the forefront of - and simple news items: I posted r288). The Guardian simply had lots of stories about him and lots of long stories. Why does it bother you?

by Anonymousreply 335September 18, 2023 6:43 PM

Here's another article for r332.

[quote]But the rest of us might have been forgiven for thinking the game was up for Brand after the 2008 incident when, egged on by Jonathan Ross, he prank-called the elderly actor Andrew Sachs to boast he had slept with his granddaughter. The incident cost him his show on Radio 2 and turned much of the UK media against him. Yet, a year-and-a-half on from "Sachsgate", while Ross's star is falling, Brand has become a transatlantically famous name.

[quote]Having been eagerly photographed waltzing up the red carpet into Vanity Fair's post-Oscars party with pop star fiancee Katy Perry, Brand now has six feature films either in development or post-production. A sequel to his bestselling autobiography, My Bookie Wook, is under contract with a new publisher, and Oliver Stone – who has said that Brand reminds him of Jim Morrison – is reported to be executive-producing a documentary about him. Less than two years after many were predicting the end of his career, this spindleshanked loon in women's trousers looks set to take over the world. How, it's fair to wonder, did this come about?

[...]

[quote]Paul Duddridge, a former UK agent who now works as a "fame coach" in LA, says: "In the UK, he did something eminently sensible: he quit. Ross hung around and hung around, and it became more painful.

[quote]"The thing about Brand is that, because of his form in standup, he brings an audience: he can sell thousands of tickets a night whether or not he's offended Andrew Sachs. If you can bring 100,000 paying fans to a project, you're launched. Once you've got your fiefdom, it doesn't matter if you lose the opinion-formers. If Jonathan Ross had been in the position to say, sod you, I'll go on the road for a year, he would have."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336September 18, 2023 6:49 PM

I realised who Brand looks a bit like - Richard Ramirez! The eyes going completely black and scary thing I've heard about Ramirez too.

by Anonymousreply 337September 18, 2023 6:51 PM

I think he looks like Charles Manson

by Anonymousreply 338September 18, 2023 6:54 PM

[quote]The Guardian simply had lots of stories about him and lots of long stories

So you're just spamming the thread with random Guardian articles about Brand? Because that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 339September 18, 2023 7:03 PM

Ohhhh I see, the Guardian spammer is also the one denying any right wingers have stood up for Brand. So presumably the spamming is an attempt to, what, show the Guardian is hypocritical?

by Anonymousreply 340September 18, 2023 7:04 PM

Yeah, what's with the boring quoting of whole Guardian articles? Stuff that I already knew.

by Anonymousreply 341September 18, 2023 7:05 PM

[quote]Exactly what point do you think you're making with this tedious obsession with posting links to the Guardian?

There's some very defensive people who want to pretend Russell Brand wasn't promoted heavily by The Guardian and "radical" thinkers like Owen Jones, Billy Bragg and George Monbiot, despite the misogyny, despite the scandals. The Guardian published an article defending Brand over the Jonathan Sachs phone call, an article which suggested Sachs' granddaughter Georgina Baillie was feigning distress and was "hardly a shrinking violet".

There are some defensive people who don't want to acknowledge that when Brand was attacking women he was writing regular articles for The Guardian, being promoted at ticketed Guardian events. The Guardian gave him a credibility as a "radical" when he was previously just a gobshite.

So for The Guardian's media editor to write a story covering the BBC and C4 and not acknowledge he also worked at The Guardian during that time, it feels quite dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 342September 18, 2023 7:05 PM

[quote]Ohhhh I see, the Guardian spammer is also the one denying any right wingers have stood up for Brand. So presumably the spamming is an attempt to, what, show the Guardian is hypocritical?

At no point have I denied any right wingers have defended Brand. The crank right instinctively defended him before the details were released.

And sharing a few links is hardly spamming.

But as I say, some people are very defensive. Did you go to one of Brand's Guardian events?

by Anonymousreply 343September 18, 2023 7:11 PM

[quote]There's some very defensive people who want to pretend Russell Brand wasn't promoted heavily by The Guardian

Except no-one in this thread ever claimed that. The Guardian being hypocritical isn't the stunning statement you seem to think it is.

[quote]At no point have I denied any right wingers have defended Brand

Christ, there are two Guardian spammers

by Anonymousreply 344September 18, 2023 7:19 PM

A bit off-topic but I came across comments who alleged that a gay comedian was instrumental in a man's suicide - the comedian they alleged is Stephen K. Amos.

This is an article that talks about the man's inquest but which doesn't name the 'celebrity' who was involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345September 18, 2023 7:32 PM

Brand's wife vibes like Lucy Letby. Probably a covert narcissist propping up another narcissist (cf. Nancy and Ronald Reagan).

by Anonymousreply 346September 18, 2023 7:43 PM

No r339, I initially only posted a couple of Guardian links because they are the most detailed links, especially about the time Brand was raping. If you actually care about what he supposedly did and how he was able to get away with it then you would be open to reading those articles. If you're not really interested in what he's been accused of and are only posting on this thread in order to discuss other issues, then I guess you will be annoyed at the idea of wasting your time learning about who Russell Brand is.

by Anonymousreply 347September 18, 2023 8:25 PM

r347 Detailed? An interview from 2006 and a brief mention in Lost in Showbiz?

[quote] If you're not really interested in what he's been accused of and are only posting on this thread in order to discuss other issues, then I guess you will be annoyed at the idea of wasting your time learning about who Russell Brand is.

Those articles don't discuss what he's been accused of though, do they? And I don't need to learn who he is, I already know, as do most other posters here.

by Anonymousreply 348September 18, 2023 8:49 PM

Check out True Crime Rocket Science on YouTube. This South African dude has great insights into true crime cases. He's covering Brand now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349September 18, 2023 9:26 PM

The Daily Mail has approximately 3642 articles on Brand today.

by Anonymousreply 350September 18, 2023 9:45 PM

I find anyone who becomes super outspoken with a platform to lecture, go on rants or moralize to others, or tends to be hiding something sinister about themselves. Look at Bill Cosby who would rant on about the degradation of black America and turns out he was raping tons of women (including black women who he slut-shamed).

by Anonymousreply 351September 18, 2023 9:50 PM

A clip of the late Sean Lock's take on Russell Brand back in 2014 has gone viral:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 18, 2023 10:08 PM

R352 Brilliant!!!

I adore Sean Lock and this is why.

I am not ashamed that I still grieve for this hilarious and fundamentally decent man.

by Anonymousreply 353September 18, 2023 10:22 PM

Stewart Lee on Brand from the time of the Big Brother racism scandal is hilarious too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354September 18, 2023 10:25 PM

When I watched Sean Lock on TV, I always got the impression he was someone I could get along with in real life. That's rare with comedians - quite often, the funniest ones seem the most unlikeable. In fact, Russell Brand is a good example - I found some episodes of his late 2000s show Ponderland hilarious. But I was never under any illusion that he was a nice guy in real life. And everything I've heard since then has backed that up - not just the sex pest stuff, but the way he treated staff with disrespect and so on.

Funnily enough, I've heard Katy Perry is pleasant to work with.

by Anonymousreply 355September 18, 2023 10:39 PM

There was something about Sean Lock that wasn't performative, even when he performed.

What he said about hating the guy because he wouldn't want his daughter dating him cuts to the chase. Why more straight men with daughters don't see it this way baffles me.

by Anonymousreply 356September 18, 2023 10:51 PM

"Revealing the distressing incident that took place in 2005, the woman - who remains anonymous (centre - file image) - described how Brand (right) followed five paces behind her for what 'felt like a lifetime' and shouted to her: 'Let's just f*** right here'. The woman, who was in her 20s at the time, met Brand (top left: on Saturday night after allegations broke) at a bar in Primrose Hill in London. She told of how despite telling him not to leave with her, Brand followed her into the street and became 'creepy'. It felt like he was hunting me down. It wasn't flirty or fun. The word "predator" is absolutely spot-on. He was dead set on his goal. His intention was to have sex with someone, anyone,' she told The Sun."

by Anonymousreply 357September 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Vanessa Feltz: 'I met Russell Brand when I was a guest on EForum and Big Brother's Big Mouth - so our career paths crossed quite naturally over the years and on other occasions I met him as a friend, I met him on his shows and one of those occasions was in 2006 when I appeared on his chat show, 1 Leicester Square.'

She then played a clip of the show, in which Brand asks her: 'Can I have it off with either you or your daughters?'

To which she quickly replies: 'No, you may not! No…'

The conversation continues: 'Or here's a whacky suggestion…' with Vanessa cutting in: 'Or three at once, no!'

'Damn she's always one step ahead. Vanessa Feltz, come on, some of them are adults,' Brand jokes.

'I've got two daughters and no, the answer is no,' with Russell asking: None of them?'

Vanessa says: 'Neither. Will you stop it! No you can't.'

'Selfish,' he adds.

Vanessa says: 'When you have your own daughters you will know why I said that.'

'Well, I won't sleep with them… ,' he adds, adopting a silly voice.

Vanessa replies: 'God, yuck.'

In the studio today, she added: 'Yuck, precisely, that's what I thought then and that's what I think now.'

She continued: 'It's terribly awkward when you are a guest on somebody else's show, particularly in a theatre, which is full of great fans of the presenter… I was in this unbelievably awkward position where you don't quite know what to do.

'Are you meant to think it's funny and play along? Are you meant to stand up and walk out in high dudgeon and look as if you are a spoil-sport and a party-pooper? What are you supposed to do?

'I know, I was deeply offended then, as I remain deeply offended now at the idea of him saying, 'I want to have sex with you and both your daughters'. I think one of my daughters was 15 years old at the time and the answer was as you saw me say there, was emphatically, 'No!'

by Anonymousreply 358September 19, 2023 6:07 AM

A lot of left wing men will read Marina Hyde's take this morning and finish with a very red face. A lot of left wing men will read Marina Hyde's take and think "yeah, I'm glad I wasn't taken in".

[quote]Back in the day, though, a lot of people were thrilled to be on what they thought was Russell’s side of the line. For a certain type of mournfully uncool man on the left, Russell Brand was quite the excitement. You only had to watch their little faces in his presence – lit up at being fleetingly indulged by the kind of guy who would probably have bullied them at school. He was a sports columnist at the Guardian (often also writing opinion columns), he guest-edited the New Statesman, while the apogee of this particular stage of Brand’s inevitable journey toward alt-right-frotting wingnut was surely the ludicrously feverish speculation over whether he’d endorse Labour in the 2015 general election. Keen to be awarded his royal warrant, the then Labour leader, Ed Miliband, traipsed to Brand’s London flat during the final stages of the campaign, for a filmed interview where committed non-voter Russell inquired rhetorically: “Since suffrage, since the right to vote, what has meaningfully occurred?” Nothing much, he reckoned. Somehow, this disqualifyingly moronic assumption did not deter his political acolytes.

by Anonymousreply 359September 19, 2023 7:02 AM

I always thought he looked like Papa Lazarou for The League Of Gentlemen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 19, 2023 7:21 AM

Brand made up a song about Ian Huntley during sex with two women with names similar to Holly and Jessica, yikes.

Another woman told The Times about how Brand was angry she showed up in skinny jeans and an Ed Hardy hoodie and when she refused to have a threesome, as retaliation withdrew his permission for her to use an endorsement quote from him on her book cover which made her leave crying. The quote was also the reason she went over to his house so clearly he was dangling that in exchange for sex.

Another woman talked about how Brand would alternate between being manipulative and angry when she wouldn't have sex with him. Brand had offered to give her a lift and she had said that she did not want to go to his house but the car drove up at his house anyway. It sounds like Brand had a tactic of getting women at his house under false pretences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 19, 2023 7:27 AM

Woah, now Youtube have suspended him.

"YouTube has suspended the monetisation of Russell Brand’s channel for “violating our Creator Responsibility policy,” the Google-owned company has said. It will mean the comedian will no longer be able to make money from his 6.6 million subscribers on the platform. The statement added: “This decision applies to all channels that may be owned or operated by Russell Brand.”

by Anonymousreply 362September 19, 2023 8:45 AM

^ His videos are still up so this seems to only apply to being able to make money from views.

by Anonymousreply 363September 19, 2023 8:47 AM

"Industry experts have estimated Brand probably makes between £2,000 to £4,000 a video, which,, based on five videos a week, could produce close to £1m a year."

"Brand had prepared for this eventuality by moving many of his videos across to rival site Rumble, although this a relatively niche outlet that does not give Brand access to the 6.5 million subscribers he has built up during a decade on YouTube."

by Anonymousreply 364September 19, 2023 8:51 AM

I liked Vanessa F's subtle correction in the exchange at R358;

[quote]Vanessa: 'I've got two daughters and no, the answer is no,' with Russell asking: None of them?'

[quote]Vanessa says: 'Neither. Will you stop it! No you can't.'

And statements like , “Since suffrage, since the right to vote, what has meaningfully occurred?” (in Marina Hyde's piece) are exactly why I always thought he was a total twat. Sophomoric.

R299, my partner and I were amused by his use of "baroque". That word doesn't strike me as appropriate for accusations, certainly not in this case -- it's more suited to describing systems, such as bureaucracy. I smell a Word of the Day calendar, too. That's the perils of picking words up in an artifical way, though I don't deny that many people derive benefit from them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 19, 2023 9:09 AM

He probably feels misunderstood. I was just having some fun.

by Anonymousreply 366September 19, 2023 9:14 AM

I think by "baroque", he's trying to say that the accusations against him are extravagant and exaggerated. If that is what he meant, then it sounds like part of his defence, which is something along the lines of "I never denied I was a sex fiend and had lots of pervy sex, but it was always consensual and these accusations are all exaggerated to try to get me for speaking out on certain subjects".

by Anonymousreply 367September 19, 2023 9:15 AM

I know what he was trying to say but I believe it doesn't fit with the word's usage. Exaggerating doesn't work because that's not really synonymous with baroque. Extravagant doesn't work because these are not unusual accusations, as accusations of assault and rape go. It's not like he's been accused of being in some cult with bizarre rites.

I think one can just put this down to Russell Brand not being as intelligent as he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 368September 19, 2023 9:29 AM

I meant to write "exaggerated" and to put it in quotation marks, along with "extravagant". You get the picture.

by Anonymousreply 369September 19, 2023 9:32 AM

R365 Vanessa Feltz has a first class degree from Cambridge. Russell Brand.. well, enough said, he doesn't know how to use baroque properly.

by Anonymousreply 370September 19, 2023 9:40 AM

I can forgive him being a perv but the right-wing stuff is a huge stumble.

by Anonymousreply 371September 19, 2023 10:19 AM

Which conspiracy theories that Brand pushes are "right wing"? I get that all the far right/alt right are coming out to bat for him, but the conspiracy theories on Covid, Ukraine, media control, Big Pharma, are as popular on the far left as they are the far right, certainly in the UK.

Why did Jeremy Corbyn give Brand top billing on the celebrity poetry book that was published recently? Corbyn shares almost the same views. Briahna Joy Gray has very similar views.

Looking at Brand's interview subjects, yes Tucker Carlson is a Nazi, but Kehidre Andrews is a far left activist who has just published "The Psychosis of Whiteness". Edward Snowden? Noam Chomsky? They're all anti something narcissist nutjobs.

Russell Brand's support is horse shoe theory in play.

by Anonymousreply 372September 19, 2023 10:59 AM

[quote]"baroque". That word doesn't strike me as appropriate for accusations, certainly not in this case -- it's more suited to describing systems, such as bureaucracy

Sounds like you're thinking of "Byzantine."

[quote]"Exaggerating" doesn't work because that's not really synonymous with "baroque"

Actually exaggeration, hyperbole, and overstatement are pretty central to the common view of Baroque art and architecture. I don't think he was using the word incorrectly; he just comes across as a semi-literate who likes to use big words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373September 19, 2023 11:11 AM

In 2014 Jordan Martin wrote a book about the abuse she received from Brand during their relationship.

In 2015 she criticised Ed Miliband for his interview with Brand as part of the election campaign.

James O'Brien, the most moral man in Britain, called Jordan Martin's interview "a hatchet job", dismissing her account of the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 374September 19, 2023 11:11 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375September 19, 2023 11:13 AM

"a hatchet job"

[quote]From the outset he told her that ‘if you are coming out with me you need to wear black’. ‘He wanted to create a visually striking image and I needed to fit in,’ she says. ‘It was all about his public persona, and for some reason I went along with it. I think I had low self-worth – it wasn’t as if I was doing very well in my life at the time. He would also criticise me if he thought I was “dressing like a tart”.

by Anonymousreply 376September 19, 2023 11:14 AM

"a hatchet job"

[quote]Jordan says: ‘He said he had invited these two lesbians round, saying that sex would be good with lesbians. He wanted me to get involved, to make it OK for him, to validate it. But I decided to make a stand. I was physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. I couldn’t go along with this. I said I’d go out for a walk. But he didn’t want me to go so he stood in front of me, blocking my way. So I just gave up and went into the TV room and blocked it out. It felt horrible.

by Anonymousreply 377September 19, 2023 11:17 AM

[quote]Sounds like you're thinking of "Byzantine."

No, dear. I wasn't. Perhaps you're just unfamiliar with this usage of baroque. Baroque: "Overly and needlessly complicated: grotesquely baroque bureaucratic hassles; baroque bookkeeping in pursuit of tax dodges"

by Anonymousreply 378September 19, 2023 11:26 AM

Brand isn't particularly right wing, r372. His only "right-wing" position was some comments against Covid vaccines. He set himself up as an "anti-mainstream" voice, but I think he only did that because the entertainment mainstream started to side-line him because he was known within the industry to be a sexual abuser and he could no longer be supported after #metoo and Epstein and Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 379September 19, 2023 11:45 AM

Sure, "Baroque" can be applied to that sort of thing in the right context, but that doesn't make "exaggerated, hyperbolic, overelaborate" any less central a part of its meaning or Russell Brand's use of the term there any less apt (though cringy, as is your face-saving condescension in "dear").

by Anonymousreply 380September 19, 2023 11:48 AM

[quote]Do we have presenters the way they do in UK?

It's called a host here, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 381September 19, 2023 11:53 AM

Well, we'll just have to disagree, R380, as I did not find his use of the word apt. All the best, d̶e̶a̶r̶ cunt.

by Anonymousreply 382September 19, 2023 11:56 AM

[quote]Brand isn't particularly right wing, [R372]. His only "right-wing" position was some comments against Covid vaccines.

His rants against assisting Ukraine against invasion by a fascist power are right-wing and use all the right-wing tropes. In any case, when so-called leftists make their arguments against vaccines and democratic self-determination, they're not just sharing extremist positions with the far right, they're allying themselves with the far right against public welfare and democracy.

[quote] the conspiracy theories on Covid, Ukraine, media control, Big Pharma, are as popular on the far left as they are the far right, certainly in the UK

I don't know about the UK, but the "leftists" espousing these views in the US typically end up gravitating to open MAGAtry, as is the fate of all conspiracy theorists.

by Anonymousreply 383September 19, 2023 11:57 AM

[quote]His rants against assisting Ukraine against invasion by a fascist power are right-wing and use all the right-wing tropes. In any case, when so-called leftists make their arguments against vaccines and democratic self-determination, they're not just sharing extremist positions with the far right, they're allying themselves with the far right against public welfare and democracy.

Brand's view on Ukraine is shared by many on the far left including Jeremy Corbyn who has blamed NATO for provoking Russia and called for the US and Europe to stop arming Ukraine so they can discuss peace (surrender).

Corbyn and his followers would argue the right wing are sharing their beliefs and allying with them.

That's why so many left wing men supported Brand and were willing to set aside his misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 384September 19, 2023 12:01 PM

[quote]Corbyn and his followers would argue the right wing are sharing their beliefs and allying with them.

Sure they would (and do). But there's nothing remotely "leftist" about pretending that Russia—a blatantly colonialist, hypercapitalist power—was provoked by NATO into invading Ukraine. Corbyn et al. can claim all they want that the right is sharing their own leftist beliefs, but when they defend Putin's pretexts and oppose the right of a democracy to defend itself, it's really the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 385September 19, 2023 12:17 PM

I've heard people (both in real life and on social media) say, "But he's always been open about sleeping with anything that moves, why would he do that if he had something to hide?" How are people still not getting the concept of hiding in plain sight? Jimmy Savile told Louis Theroux that he pretended to dislike children in order to "put the tabloids off the hunt". He publicly defended Gary Glitter because the images of very young children being abused "were for his own gratification". He joked in his autobiography that he spent the night with a runaway teenage girl, but wasn't charged because he had dirt on police officers. He even said once that he didn't care what stories came out after he died.

Michael Jackson appeared on TV shortly after settling a child abuse case for $23m, and announced that he still had sleepovers with young boys. In the Bashir documentary, he and one of those boys discussed sharing a bed. He held hands with young boys in front of the press and brought them on tour with him. He publicly said he would let his own children share a bed with someone who had been accused of child sexual abuse.

I'm not saying Brand is anywhere near as bad as these two, just that it's not as though we haven't seen this sort of tactic before.

by Anonymousreply 386September 19, 2023 12:27 PM

They pass it off as a 'joke' or as them being 'eccentric'.

by Anonymousreply 387September 19, 2023 12:29 PM

Amusing to be reminded that it isn't just the US who has their share of useless media bobbleheads.

by Anonymousreply 388September 19, 2023 12:32 PM

[quote]Almost every time she left his London flat alone – even just to go to the shops – Jordan would be asked accusingly by the comedian if she was going to visit her ex-husband. Yet Brand, she says, thought nothing of boasting to her about having sex with strangers while they were together.

I've never understood people like this. They argue it's free and natural for them to sleep around and yet they really hate it if their partner does it.

by Anonymousreply 389September 19, 2023 12:54 PM

[quote]Sure they would (and do). But there's nothing remotely "leftist" about pretending that Russia—a blatantly colonialist, hypercapitalist power—was provoked by NATO into invading Ukraine. Corbyn et al. can claim all they want that the right is sharing their own leftist beliefs, but when they defend Putin's pretexts and oppose the right of a democracy to defend itself, it's really the other way around.

It's a left wing position to avoid military action at all costs - see the response to the Iraq war (when Iraq invaded Kuwait) and any intervention in Syria and against ISIS. GIVE PEACE A CHANCE.

It's a left wing position to want to ban all sales of arms leaving them in the hands of countries big enough to make their own.

It's a left wing position to oppose Western imperialist creations like NATO and favour improving relationships with authoritarian nations.

It's all ideological bullshit but they are authentic left wing positions.

by Anonymousreply 390September 19, 2023 3:20 PM

Does he have the herp?

by Anonymousreply 391September 19, 2023 3:28 PM

I think it's safe to say he has everything, R391, including a few STIs that haven't yet been discovered by scientists

by Anonymousreply 392September 19, 2023 3:33 PM

Peter Thiel is giving this guy a platform on Rumble

by Anonymousreply 393September 19, 2023 3:53 PM

Thiel is probably salivating at the thought of all those new viewers on Rumble to see Russell Brand.

by Anonymousreply 394September 19, 2023 4:16 PM

Owen Jones has distanced himself from Brand saying he only met him twice in professional settings. That they both gave quotes used on each other's books is neither here nor there.

by Anonymousreply 395September 19, 2023 4:42 PM

From The Onion:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396September 19, 2023 4:46 PM

A huge network of right wing/manosphere/anti-woke influencers and media networks will be going all out in defense of Russell Brand, he will be more famous and successful than he has been in over a decade and he's gonna make a ton of money off of this martyr tour. Incredibly disturbing. The logic of these rape apologists is so tired and retarded. "Why didn't they call the cops ten minutes later" "Suspicious how the accusers always come out at the same time" Well maybe they might feel a little more comfortable when assured by lawyers or journalists that they won't be alone in coming forward, sometimes these stories are years in the making because the victims are so frightened they take a long time to think through actually doing it. These women stand to make NO money and if they identities were exposed they'll be dealing with death threats and harassment for the rest of their lives. But these people are probably demented enough to think George Soros personally sent them all checks for 50 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 397September 19, 2023 4:49 PM

He always gave me rapey vibes.

by Anonymousreply 398September 19, 2023 4:57 PM

The BBC is going overboard investigating itself as usual, but not much said by his main tv employer, Channel 4. The Guardian needs to say a bit more about its relationship with its former sports-columnist and opinion-writer as well. Marina Hyde did a mea culpa on her own behalf, but a bit more from editorial would not go amiss, given the finger-wagging they are doing.

by Anonymousreply 399September 19, 2023 4:57 PM

[bold] Nation Could Have Sworn Russell Brand Was Already Convicted Sex Offender

NEW YORK—Stressing that the memory seemed so fresh and vivid in their minds, the confused nation announced Monday that they could have sworn British entertainer Russell Brand was already a convicted sex offender. “Interesting...so Russell Brand definitely wasn’t already found guilty of sexual assault back in, like...2016, 2017?” said 39-year-old New York resident Scott Hasard, echoing the thoughts of 330 million Americans as he noted that when he saw allegations emerge about the actor, comedian, and podcast host, he had assumed it was simply repackaged content from nearly a decade ago. “You’re telling me there wasn’t a lengthy and well-publicized trial where Brand was acquitted, but then new allegations emerged? And, like, social media posts where the women got called liars? None of that happened? Huh. I even feel like I read a think-piece about how we could still appreciate Forgetting Sarah Marshall despite his crimes. It’s probably insane to even ask this, but didn’t he release a comeback special back in 2020 about how everyone tried to cancel him for the sexual assault stuff? Seriously? Not even that?” At press time, the baffled nation asked what had made Brand into such an unhinged and deeply frustrated person if all of this hadn’t kicked it off years ago.

by Anonymousreply 400September 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Russell Brand getting tested at the sexual health clinic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 19, 2023 6:32 PM

NYM - Everything Russell Brand Has Been Dropped From

Under pressure after bombshell allegations of sexual assault, companies are distancing themselves from comedian and creator Russell Brand. In a story published September 16 from the Times U.K., the Sunday Times, and Channel 4 Dispatches, four women accused Brand of sexual assault, including one when she was 16. The allegations came on top of other claims of Brand’s harassment throughout the report. Brand has denied the reporting, saying he “was very, very promiscuous” but only had consensual relationships. Still, it did not take long for companies to begin dropping the comedian. Deadline even since reported that Brand was dropped from the Comedy Central series Roast Battle after just one season, in 2018, because fellow judge Katherine Ryan had called him a “sexual predator” multiple times on the show. (Her comments were not included in the series, and she has said she was not assaulted by Brand.) Here is every company and charity that has responded to Brand’s allegations.

His agency Tavistock Wood Management Agency said it “terminated all professional ties to Brand” the day after the investigation. In a statement, the company admitted it had been aware of a previous allegation against Brand, after one woman told the Times she had brought an allegation to his literary agent there but only heard back from Brand’s lawyer. “Russell Brand categorically and vehemently denied the allegation made in 2020, but we now believe we were horribly misled by him,” the company told Vulture.

His book publisher Bluebird, an imprint of U.K. publisher Pan MacMillan, said it would “pause all future publishing with Russell Brand” after the allegations, per the Bookseller. Brand had been set to publish Recovery: The Workbook with Bluebird in December, a follow-up to his 2017 Recovery: Freedom From Our Addictions. “These are very serious allegations,” the publisher said.

BBC The British broadcaster has pulled some content involving Brand from its TV and radio streaming services. Per Variety, these included an episode of the quiz show QI and a podcast with the fitness personality Joe Wicks. A spokesperson said it was “a considered decision” to remove the content, since “it now falls below public expectations.” The spokesperson explained, “The BBC does not ban or remove content when it is a matter of public record, unless we have justification for doing so.”

YouTube While Brand’s YouTube channel has not been removed, the site has demonetized his channel for “violating our Creator Responsibility policy,” NBC reported. “If a creator’s off-platform behaviour harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action to protect our community,” YouTube said in a statement. Brand had published conspiracy-theory videos about the COVID pandemic and commented on right-wing causes on his channel.

Trevi A year after Brand began working with the women’s charity in 2022, Trevi announced it had cut ties with the comedian and his own Stay Free Foundation. “As a charity whose values put women’s voices at the heart of what we do, we always prioritise supporting women affected by violence and abuse and empower them to live without violence and fear,” Trevi, which helps women recovering from substance abuse, said on Instagram. The charity said it was “deeply saddened and upset” by the allegations. Brand had been set to fundraise for Trevi at a show in Plymouth in the U.K. on September 22, but his tour has also been postponed.

by Anonymousreply 402September 19, 2023 7:43 PM

Reading some of the old articles from the left defending Brand, it's very similar to what's happening now.

Peter Tatchell described the Andrew Sachs phone call saga in 2008 as a right wing witch hunt and dismissed Georgina Baillie has "hardly a shrinking violet".

James O'Brien called an interview with a former girlfriend describing coercive control as a "hatchet job".

Then: "they're attacking him because he supports Labour"

Now: "they're attacking him because he speaks the truth about Covid/Ukraine"

Then: "you can't trust the Daily Mail"

Now: "you can't trust the mainstream media"

Then: "they're only running this story because it's a distraction from XXXX"

Now: "they're only running this story because it's a distraction from XXXX"

Most people then and now: Russell Brand is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 403September 19, 2023 7:59 PM

here's a good example of the full on right wing defense strategy

the saddest part is when he trots out, oh there's a groupie who had a nice time with him - she was contacted by the journalists (who probably broadly looked into girls known to have hooked up with Russell) but HER story wasn't included - this is evidence of the conspiracy. There are so many reasons why that's obviously irrelevant and not a point at all, it's too depressing to even think about because this makes sense to most men. I'm sure Russell treated many women he had consensual sex with very nicely and they had a good time together. It doesn't mean ANYTHING they're so so so deceitful and manipulative how they intentionally muddy the waters with these tricks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404September 19, 2023 11:35 PM

It's TINKERBALLS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 405September 19, 2023 11:47 PM

R404, so I guess all they have to fall back on is the "Well he didn't rape ME!" defense

by Anonymousreply 406September 19, 2023 11:52 PM

The first time I heard of Russell Brand was some time after Sarah Palin gave her acceptance speech when John McCain chose her for a running mate. I somehow heard a clip of him talking about the oldest daughter's fiancé marrying into that family. Then I heard about Katy Perry marrying him and...that was it. I had no idea he was this famous.

by Anonymousreply 407September 20, 2023 3:56 AM

Question: wouldn’t a rapist at least have to have a cock?

by Anonymousreply 408September 20, 2023 4:12 AM

Russell is bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 409September 20, 2023 4:23 AM

Yeah I know a lot of those and they aren't rapists

by Anonymousreply 410September 20, 2023 9:08 AM

I'm HIGHLY suspicous of these allegations because Russell Brand does not have the look of someone who's

HETEROSEXUAL

He has the GAY look in the eyes and the GAY lips

If he was accused of raping young males that might have some plausability.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411September 20, 2023 9:13 PM

No, he has predatory eyes. He doesn't look like he's smelling cookies, more like he's spotted a girl whose friends ditched her at an AA meeting

by Anonymousreply 412September 20, 2023 9:48 PM

[quote] my partner and I were amused by his use of "baroque"

Right? It’s the first thing I noticed in his response to all this. Calling accusations of rape “baroque.”

by Anonymousreply 413September 20, 2023 10:35 PM

He’s straight. I doubt he’d be able to stay closeted anyway with his big mouth. I didn’t know having big bug eyes and big lips was a “gay look.”

by Anonymousreply 414September 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Let's not forget that Armie Hammer raped everyone and ate some of them and he gleefully cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 415September 20, 2023 11:06 PM

and he WAS gleefully cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 416September 20, 2023 11:07 PM

Brand raped me, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417September 20, 2023 11:10 PM

DL wants to make everyone gay, it's annoying when at least 90% of people are straight. Even in an obvious case like this.

by Anonymousreply 418September 20, 2023 11:17 PM

R418 Yep. And they use the most ridiculous stereotypes to argue someone is gay. Most people are straight (even in Hollwyood) and many are also bisexual (probably actually the majority in Hollywood though DL irrationally hates bisexuals and deny they exist).

by Anonymousreply 419September 20, 2023 11:21 PM

And should someone disagree with them they start screeching about PR shills

by Anonymousreply 420September 20, 2023 11:54 PM

I stand by what I said

He looks as queer as a thirteen dollar bill

by Anonymousreply 421September 20, 2023 11:59 PM

You're a moron, R421.

by Anonymousreply 422September 21, 2023 12:16 AM

He looks like Richard Ramirez, Charles Manson and Sasquatch all had a baby together.

by Anonymousreply 423September 21, 2023 12:28 AM

R423 - it's funny 'cause it's true

by Anonymousreply 424September 21, 2023 12:49 AM

His hair, that studied rat's nest is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 425September 21, 2023 12:59 AM

Why did his skin used to be so dark? He’s an ordinary Englishman. His skin today is fair. Was he trying to pass himself off as some kind of person of color in the past?

by Anonymousreply 426September 21, 2023 4:29 AM

His skin is pretty much the same colour as it always has been, r426.

by Anonymousreply 427September 21, 2023 7:01 AM

There was a period he dyed his hair to make it look blacker, wore fake tan and make up. It was a Pirates Of The Caribbean look.

by Anonymousreply 428September 21, 2023 7:19 AM

He dressed in an overly sexualized rockstar manner and kept talking about sex so people would associate him with sex. Now he's decided to be a messiah. And the people who defend him are as creepy as he is.

by Anonymousreply 429September 21, 2023 7:36 AM

The Guardian have published another two articles about Brand and WHAT AN AWFUL TIME IT WAS FOR MISOGYNY without acknowledging he wrote for The Guardian throughout that period.

THE CALL WAS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE YOU FUCKING TWATS

by Anonymousreply 430September 21, 2023 7:55 AM

The Guardian obsessive is annoying. Was he working in their offices? Did they personally know what he was doing? (Did he even write his columns/articles himself?)

by Anonymousreply 431September 21, 2023 9:06 AM

R431, several people are mentioning the Guardian, because it played a big role in the creation of the Russell Brand as working-class intellectual messiah myth. There are numerous Guardian articles about him from back in the day, and it's almost impossible to discuss him and what he was up to at his height without reference to them.

by Anonymousreply 432September 21, 2023 9:17 AM

R431, I know it upsets you personally that Russell Brand was celebrated, lionised and given credibility by the left wing, but if you're not willing to understand how someone's political views allowed their misogyny and abusive behaviour to be not just overlooked but enabled then you really don't give a fuck about misogyny and abusive behaviour.

Brand was DEFENDED by writers at The Guardian. "Open and honestly flawed", "volatile", "troubled". This was written AFTER a woman said Russell Brand controlled what she wore and forced her to be present when he had 3somes.

by Anonymousreply 433September 21, 2023 9:21 AM

I just don't understand why you're obsessing about The Guardian when I wouldn't be shocked if Brand just called one of their journalists to give them a few pointers to write his columns (like Tara Palmer-Tomkinson did for the Sunday Times). It's really the broadcasters who had more direct knowledge of what he was like and what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 434September 21, 2023 9:25 AM

AGAIN, for those at the back: Between 2006 and 2015 The Guardian published 137 articles written by Brand. He wrote weekly articles throughout the Sachs scandal. During that scandal the Guardian published articles defending Brand, attacking Georgina Baillie. Marina Hyde has at least reflected on her poisonous article about Ballie. To be fair to Hyde, she'd recently ended a long term affair with Piers Morgan so her mind probably wasn't in the right place.

Again, despite Jordan Martin's 2014 book citing the abuse she suffered at the hands of Brand he was lionised as a flawed individual by Guardian journalists because he was anti Tory and The Guardian was anti Tory. Yes there was criticism of Brand published by The Guardian but most of the coverage of it was fawning.

THE GUARDIAN ENABLED BRAND AS MUCH AS CHANNEL 4 AND THE BBC.

If you can't understand that then there's really no fucking hope.

by Anonymousreply 435September 21, 2023 9:38 AM

Strange that you never answer my question - did Brand work in The Guardian offices or even write those articles himself?

[quote]THE GUARDIAN ENABLED BRAND AS MUCH AS CHANNEL 4 AND THE BBC.

The Guardian are vile and biased just as The Daily Mail and The Telegraph are vile and biased but did they have knowledge of Brand's behaviour?

by Anonymousreply 436September 21, 2023 9:44 AM

There's at least one photo of Brand at the Guardian offices. But does it matter if he was physically present when he wrote the articles?

It's some stretch to argue he didn't write the articles himself to defend The Guardian.

And YES, as has been stated multiple times, BRAND'S BEHAVIOUR WAS WIDELY KNOWN, which was why Guardian journalist George Monbiot described him as "open and honestly flawed", "volatile", "troubled" when naming Brand his hero of 2014, the same year Brand's ex partner Jordan Martin published a book about him.

And then there was the infamous Owen Jones article in 2015. "Russell Brand has endorsed Labour - and The Tories should be worried". A known sexual predator has endorsed Labour and Labour supporting journalists are writing articles celebrating it.

The Sun knew about Dan Wootton. The Guardian knew about Russell Brand.

by Anonymousreply 437September 21, 2023 9:58 AM

R436 is doing this thing of setting up their own goalposts. There has never been any suggestion that Brand did not write his own articles, so far as I am aware. For all it's faults, the Guardian doesn't shove celeb names at the end of ghosted pieces. He wrote extensively about the football club he supported in the Sports section. He was on the payroll throughout Sachsgate and Marina Hyde has expressed her shame about her defending him in the Guardian at that point. As R437 says, the Guardian kept supporting him well after there were multiple public accusations. I read and broadly agree with the Guardian, but it did itself no favours here and it is legitimate to point out it is easily as much in the frame as the BBC and Channel 4 - more in fact than the BBC, which dropped him pretty smartly.

by Anonymousreply 438September 21, 2023 10:03 AM

[quote]But does it matter if he was physically present when he wrote the articles?

Well, it does, compared to the broadcasters who had him there all the time he was working for them and were seeing (and experiencing the fallout in the form of calls from women he'd fucked over) in real time. I simply don't understand your disproportionate invective against The Guardian.

[quote]It's some stretch

Oh, dear.

[quote]The Sun knew about Dan Wootton. The Guardian knew about Russell Brand.

So, presumably, The Guardian (like The Sun) has multiple complaints to HR about Russell Brand?

by Anonymousreply 439September 21, 2023 10:06 AM

[quote]He wrote extensively about the football club he supported in the Sports section.

Yes, brilliant, writing about football is going to be evidence they knew what he was doing. Again, I want to know whether he was working in their offices and whether they knew and saw what he was doing and whether they fielded complaints about his behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 440September 21, 2023 10:11 AM

R440 is never going to accept that The Guardian helped enable and protect Brand's predatory behaviour so it's not worth engaging.

by Anonymousreply 441September 21, 2023 10:31 AM

[quote]is never going to accept that The Guardian helped enable and protect Brand's predatory behaviour

Like, I said earlier: "I simply don't understand your disproportionate invective against The Guardian".

[quote]it's not worth engaging.

Oh, dear. I am a person, not an 'it'.

by Anonymousreply 442September 21, 2023 10:38 AM

You're absolutely right, r441. That poster also doesn't seem to understand basic English.

by Anonymousreply 443September 21, 2023 10:46 AM

R443 I clearly understand basic English so stupid comments like this just suggests that you don't have a real argument so you resort to ad hominem attacks (just like the all-caps attempt at 'shouting' to intimidate me or the attempt at dehumanising me by referring to me as 'it'). None of that is a proper argument.

by Anonymousreply 444September 21, 2023 10:48 AM

R444 Did you ever realize that 95% of your teachers considered you a time-sucking twat?

by Anonymousreply 445September 21, 2023 10:51 AM

R445 Another ad hominem argument. Pathetic and weak.

by Anonymousreply 446September 21, 2023 10:52 AM

I'm begging the Guardian troll to look up the word lionised in a thesaurus

by Anonymousreply 447September 21, 2023 10:55 AM

You don't know how DL functions, hun. It's not HS Debate or Model UN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448September 21, 2023 10:56 AM

R444, if you don't understand a basic phrase such as "it's not worth engaging" then you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about.

Then again, you're an avid Guardian fan and it's not called the Grauniad for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 449September 21, 2023 10:56 AM

Someone needs this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450September 21, 2023 10:58 AM

[quote] It's not HS Debate or Model UN.

enough said. You're not British, so you don't understand how the UK newspapers work.

by Anonymousreply 451September 21, 2023 11:01 AM

[quote]I'm begging the Guardian troll to look up the word lionised in a thesaurus

verb

past tense: lionised; past participle: lionised

give a lot of public attention and approval to (someone); treat as a celebrity. "modern sportsmen are lionized and feted"

If someone is lionized, they are treated as if they are very important or special by a particular group of people, often when they do not really deserve to be.

Russell Brand was lionised by The Guardian is therefore an accurate description.

by Anonymousreply 452September 21, 2023 11:09 AM

Janice Turner is spot on

[quote]When he and Jonathan Ross humiliated Andrew Sachs’s granddaughter Georgina Baillie again, live on air, Marina Hyde, of The Guardian, dismissed it as a confected Daily Mail outrage and said Baillie, who was merely seeking an apology, should stop droning on. (Hyde apologised this week.)

[quote]Her reaction epitomises the hard left’s noxious goodies v baddies mindset: Brand was The Guardian’s guy (thus excused censorship) so his victim therefore must be a right-wing stooge. Brand’s misdeeds were public, his lecherous sexism around female staff discomforting, dark rumours were starting to fly.

[quote]Yet fame thinly gilded with socialism gave him a seat next to the editor Alan Rusbridger at a Guardian news conference, top billing at its public events, a regular column, star-struck bro hugs from Owen Jones and obsequious blurbs for his books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453September 21, 2023 11:41 AM

I'm sorry but when was Russell Brand EVER lionized supported by loved by or even remotely a figure of the left wing? Do people mean to say that he previously made left wing/liberal statements publicly? That doesn't make him a relevant figure to the left - it doesn't make him someone that the left was looking up to or paying attention to. I'm not aware of this ever being the case. VERY disingenuous and manipulative. "They used to love him, now they're punishing him for switching sides." No, no, no. We never loved him. Brand was never a politically relevant figure until now. No one was paying attention. No one cared. He was never a HERO OF THE LEFT.

by Anonymousreply 454September 21, 2023 12:14 PM

r452 So you don't know the difference between a dictionary and a thesaurus? How embarrassing for you.

by Anonymousreply 455September 21, 2023 12:21 PM

[quote]I'm sorry but when was Russell Brand EVER lionized supported by loved by or even remotely a figure of the left wing? Do people mean to say that he previously made left wing/liberal statements publicly? That doesn't make him a relevant figure to the left - it doesn't make him someone that the left was looking up to or paying attention to. I'm not aware of this ever being the case. VERY disingenuous and manipulative. "They used to love him, now they're punishing him for switching sides." No, no, no. We never loved him. Brand was never a politically relevant figure until now. No one was paying attention. No one cared. He was never a HERO OF THE LEFT.

I'm guessing you're American based on your spelling of "lionized" so have no knowledge of British politics over the last 10 years. You won't remember Ed Miliband, the cartoonish Labour leader, meeting Brand for an election defining interview in 2015. "Russell Brand has endorsed Labour - and the Tories should be worried" wrote Owen Jones, which the Tories won. Owen Jones and Brand wrote blurbs for each other's books.

When Brand endorsed racist pensioner Jeremy Corbyn to be Labour leader in 2015 it was headline news in The Guardian. Corbyn recently published a book of poetry by associated cranks and Brand got top billing, but his name has since been removed.

George Monbiot is a popular figure on the left - he is the one who said Brand was his hero of the year on 2014 despite being troubled, flawed, a sexual predator etc. He wrote this attempt at a mea culpa 6 months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456September 21, 2023 1:31 PM

Why would this celebrity endorsement be newsworthy if the celebrity wasn't considered important?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457September 21, 2023 1:33 PM

No-one is demonising the Guardian, but it should at least publish something on its own history with Brand, while wagging its finger at the BBC and Channel 4. I suspect it is actually preparing something, but is finding it quite hard.

by Anonymousreply 458September 21, 2023 1:35 PM

If we needed any further evidence that this is a state-sponsored campaign to destroy a popular and increasingly powerful critic, all we need is to read about how the UK Parliament itself has written to Rumble, demanding that they demonetize Russell Brand because of what are ALLEGATIONS. He hasn't been proven guilty of anything and the UK government is using Channel 4 (which wouldn't be able to survive without state sponsoring) and the Murdoch neoliberal propaganda machine, to try and silence him by whichever means possible.

This is censorship at its worst and we should all reject it - especially because these are allegations and no criminal in enquiries have even been initiated by any authorities. Unless a proper investigation takes place and conclusive results are provided, we CANNOT cast judgement. Let's remember that the same happened with Julian Assange when he exposed US and NATO war crimes, Dominique Strauss-Kahn when he opposed further liberalization of financial services, or Daniel Ellsberg when he exposed corruption and espionage in the Nixon administration with the Watergate scandal - anyone who is inconvenient to the status quo is accused of depravity, violence and sexual voracity.

So yes, I don't believe this for a minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459September 21, 2023 1:59 PM

He has one friend left...

[quote]Rumble's response to the UK Parliament's letter to our CEO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460September 21, 2023 2:01 PM

R459/R460

To be specific it's not UK Parliament, it's the chair of a committee of MPs who wrote to Rumble. A single member of parliament. And it was an example of overreach that takes the attention away from the women abused by him.

by Anonymousreply 461September 21, 2023 2:10 PM

R459 is an example of horseshoe theory. Someone on the far left barely distinguishable from someone on the far right.

by Anonymousreply 462September 21, 2023 2:28 PM

In the US, Brand went from failed Hollywood star to irrelevance to Youtube messiah during the pandemic. Apparently, during the period in which he was irrelevant in the US, he became a leftwing darling in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 463September 21, 2023 2:43 PM

r62, how come you didn't intervene?

by Anonymousreply 464September 21, 2023 3:13 PM

I honestly never understood why he was famous. Never found him funny or attractive. Never saw a single film he appeared in (thank god). Just never got the appeal. I just put him in a category of weird British celebrities that are easy enough to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 465September 21, 2023 3:15 PM

A woman says Brand got his dick out in front of her and then LOL'd about it on his radio show:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466September 21, 2023 5:34 PM

Peter Thiel runs Rumble. Someone ask him why he is giving a bully pulpit to sexual predators like Brand and Andrew Tate

by Anonymousreply 467September 21, 2023 5:54 PM

Got to love Private Eye's latest cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468September 21, 2023 6:14 PM

r456 So your entire evidence of "the left" lionising Brand is based on Ed Miliband doing an interview with him, Owen Jones and George Monbiot writing something stupid, and him being in a poetry book with Corbyn?

You'd be perfectly right to say "some people on the left". But no, you insist it's the entire left which adored him. Of course, we also now know you don't know the difference between a dictionary and a thesaurus, so you're clearly quite intellectually challenged. Perhaps the site you're copying and pasting your posts from isn't that nuanced, eh?

I also note that you're the same poster who continuously tried to dismiss the allegations against Dan Wootton.

Also finding it rather interesting that you're so obsessed by what some fringe left figures said years ago when it wasn't known Brand was a sex pest, and yet entirely silent about the right wing figures who are backing him in the present. Almost like you have an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 469September 21, 2023 6:34 PM

I can’t help but wonder if Russell is responding to these posts.

by Anonymousreply 470September 21, 2023 6:42 PM

Do you know how much I care about Russell Brand? Very, very, very, very little.

Am I alone in this?

by Anonymousreply 471September 21, 2023 6:45 PM

Guys, just block R456, that's obviously a troll.

Conservatives constantly rush here to claim "the left" supported some recently disgraced public figure without any real evidence or remotely convincing rationale for the claim. It's a basic smear campaign and very easy to spot. Just block these idiots and move on.

by Anonymousreply 472September 21, 2023 6:45 PM

I'm exhausted from wading through arguments between immature TWATS. Someone here needs to move on from that word and expand his vocabulary.

As an American it was always a given to me that Brand was a smelly, handsy pervert who looks like he'd be gag inducing to kiss. Just yuck, in every way possible. The Guardian was a bit slow on the uptake.

by Anonymousreply 473September 21, 2023 6:46 PM

R456 has posted 43 times to this thread.

Block the troll.

by Anonymousreply 474September 21, 2023 6:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475September 21, 2023 6:55 PM

Russell Off-Brand

by Anonymousreply 476September 21, 2023 6:57 PM

Great my whole post was redacted because I linked to the Daily Mail being outraged at Georgina Baillie for “losing no time cashing in on” her notoriety. She was an immature, mostly untalented, young woman who thought she was being edgy by calling herself Voluptua and having a “dance troupe”called Satanic Sluts. That sort of thing might’ve been edgy in 1967 at the Playboy Mansion but nowadays….weak sauce.

She met Russell Brand at a party and they had consensual sex. Baillie says she was not underaged and that she willingly had sex with Brand, but she also made sure to let people know she believed the accusations of the 4 women. Baillie was basically slut shamed by everyone, but especially by the Daily Mail.

Brand paid for her rehab, but I’m sure his PR people told him to do it.

by Anonymousreply 477September 21, 2023 7:07 PM

The Russell Brand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478September 21, 2023 7:13 PM

As the T-shirt show us, Brand wants us to make sex part of his branding. This despite the fact that he's not anyone that women would fantasize screwing.

by Anonymousreply 479September 21, 2023 7:16 PM

Major Johnny Thompson, the king's equerry, whatever that means, has never said one word about sex. Who are you more likely to fantasize about --him or Russell Brand?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480September 21, 2023 7:19 PM

Keep your royalist obsessions to those threads, R480, and kindly fuck off. Jesus christ you people are so obsessively fixated.

by Anonymousreply 481September 21, 2023 7:28 PM

I, for one, can't stand when we do this: Someone has a fall from grace that's not really political in nature - in this case a well deserved one - and if he's on the right? The left rejoices. And if he's on the left? The right rejoices.

Rapists can be left, right and in between.

Brand was always a ticking time bomb sex pest. This was obvious from space. This was true when he was on the left (or whatever) and it's true now that he's on the right (or whatever).

I'm a lefty and I'd rather just focus on his horrible rapes than his shitty politics. It doesn't make me a better democrat by proxy because Brand is a bad human. It just makes Brand a bad human.

And when a lefty rapes (and one will)? It also won't make me a bad democrat by proxy.

by Anonymousreply 482September 21, 2023 7:28 PM

R481, it's not a Royalist obsession as I don't even know what an equerry does. I thought he was a good example of a British hunk. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 483September 21, 2023 8:02 PM

Well said R482 but you are pissing upwind.

by Anonymousreply 484September 21, 2023 8:06 PM

Few bits from Popbitch

[quote]One line in the Dispatches doc that really stuck out was from Lorraine Heggessey: "There's a pattern that seems to follow Russell Brand throughout his career. He misbehaves, he transgresses what would normally be acceptable within broadcasting and he gets rewarded – by a promotion, by another show, by something else."

[quote]That sentiment certainly rang true with someone who was working out in LA around the time of the Sachsgate incident.

[quote]When that particular scandal made the front page of Variety, everyone in Hollywood assumed Russell had deliberately cooked up the entire controversy as a way of raising his profile – because it just so happened to be the very same week that his people were negotiating another movie project for him after the success of Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

[quote]Negotiations which ended with him getting his own spin-off – the project that became Get Him To The Greek.

--

[quote]We've heard statements from Russell Brand's earliest manager (John Noel) and his latest (Tavistock Wood) but, so far, it's been radio silence from inbetween manager Hannah Chambers. It's a shame, as she might have some enlightening information to impart.

[quote]After all, she was his manager – and served as an associate producer – for the contentious series of Roast Battle where Katherine Ryan reportedly confronted Brand to his face.

[quote]There was also an episode of the Men Behaving Better podcast we were told to check out from around the same time, entitled "Can We Separate A Man From His Work?"

[quote]According to the show notes, comedian Fin Taylor "explains how Russell Brand's management once tried to censor him" but, for some funny reason, we can't seem to make it load – wherever we look.

--

[quote]One of the more curious bits of the Brand documentary was the short section about him pissing in a bottle in a Radio 2 studio in front of co-workers and guests.

[quote]Unorthodox urination is a recurrent theme in the book his former girlfriend Jordan Martin wrote about him back in 2014 too. As she tells it, he seems to have an unexplained aversion to traditional toilets or urinals, choosing instead to piss variously in the bathroom sink, the hot tub or in a two litre bottle that he kept sat by the side of his bed.

[quote]A bottle which she found herself having to empty.

by Anonymousreply 485September 21, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote]One of Russell Brand's more popular YouTube videos of the last month was him discussing US climate czar John Kerry – who recently gave some very misleading answers about his use of private jets.

[quote]In it, Brand says he thinks it's fine for people to use private jets if they want to. He says it's also fine for people to wang on about climate change if they want to as well. But they can't do both, as that makes them a hypocrite.

[quote]So we're sure he won't mind us mentioning that, after playing a recent show in the north east – which featured a segment on climate change – Russell took a private plane back home to Oxfordshire.

by Anonymousreply 486September 21, 2023 8:10 PM

And finally this, not about Brand, but you don't need to read between the lines too much

[quote]There's been a clip of Sean Lock doing the rounds this week, talking on 8 Out Of 10 Cats about how much he hated Russell Brand. Apropos of absolutely nothing, it put us in mind of another Sean Lock anecdote.

[quote]It happened during a recording of 8 Out Of 10 Cats with David Walliams, where Walliams spent the entire shoot stepping on all of the other comics' lines with his usual low-rent Larry Grayson routine.

[quote]Sean was only just managing to keep a lid on his fury, but finally lost it during a break in filming. He briefly turned over his shoulder to talk to a writer when Walliams – who didn't enjoy Sean turning his back to him – went to give Sean a flouncy little slap on the shoulder. Unfortunately it ended up being more of a wallop than a slap.

[quote]Spinning back round in his chair, eyes blazing, Sean hissed at him "Don't fucking touch me, you pink minstrel." Which rather took the wind out of Walliams' sails for the rest of the recording.

by Anonymousreply 487September 21, 2023 8:11 PM

And finally, a link to a piece from a publicist who had to work on My Booky Wook - found this part especially interesting

[quote]Every day I would receive dozens of phone calls, which would begin with the phrase ‘Russell’s not happy’ delivered in Linnen’s flat northern vowels. One time it was because Brand didn’t like the driver we had sent, ‘he wants Keith,’ Linnen said. Keith turned out to be a cockney cabbie whom Brand had used the week before and now wanted to do all his driving. So it meant tracking down Keith and persuading him to be Brand’s chauffeur for a couple of days. This was by no means unusual. Brand would develop crushes on working-class men, whom he’d adopt as a sort of mascot. One such example was an enormous Irish bouncer at the book launch at Waterstones Piccadilly. Brand refused to do any more signings unless he was present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488September 21, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote][R456] So your entire evidence of "the left" lionising Brand is based on Ed Miliband doing an interview with him, Owen Jones and George Monbiot writing something stupid, and him being in a poetry book with Corbyn? You'd be perfectly right to say "some people on the left". But no, you insist it's the entire left which adored him. Of course, we also now know you don't know the difference between a dictionary and a thesaurus, so you're clearly quite intellectually challenged. Perhaps the site you're copying and pasting your posts from isn't that nuanced, eh? I also note that you're the same poster who continuously tried to dismiss the allegations against Dan Wootton. Also finding it rather interesting that you're so obsessed by what some fringe left figures said years ago when it wasn't known Brand was a sex pest, and yet entirely silent about the right wing figures who are backing him in the present. Almost like you have an agenda.

I'd suggest Owen Jones was posting here but he'd never refer to himself as a fringe figure.

Russell Brand was embraced by the left of politics for a period. The Labour Party, The Guardian, The New Statesman. It happened. Some are acknowledging their culpability but others are trying to pretend didn't happen. I don't know why you have to lie to yourself. You're the Bev Turner of Datalounge, a frothing loon desperate to find an conspiracy.

In amongst all the insults there are some quite obvious lies. I've never dismissed the accusations against Dan Wootton, a nasty sleazy fucker who has bullied countless people and it's suggested he blackmailed not openly gay celebrities into giving him their coming out exclusives. But ultimately a nasty bully who worked at The Sun has been exposed as a creepy cunt? What a shock.

by Anonymousreply 489September 21, 2023 8:43 PM

We don’t know or care who Dan Wooten is

by Anonymousreply 490September 21, 2023 9:29 PM

r489 So if we go by your definition of the left embracing Brand because a few leftie figures did, you'd also agree that because a few right wingers are now supporting him, that means the entire right of politics is now lionising him, correct? Or are you suddenly going to discover nuance now?

And your claims about the Wootton reporting have already been dismissed in that thread, to which you had no response. You know, the thread you created where the opening post tried to dismiss the Byline Times reports as just rumours from social media and not a story at all, etc. Funny how you also spent most of your time in that thread trying to dismiss Byline Times, making up lies about their funding, motives, etc, all of which you were unable to back up with a single source.

And just before you attempt to lie again in a vain attempt to defend yourself - you do know everyone can see your post history, right?

by Anonymousreply 491September 21, 2023 10:14 PM

Not R489, but R 491's dismissal of the actual leader of the Labour Party and the two main centre-left national publications (Guardian and New Statesman) as 'a few leftie figures' is ludicrous. The right-wing equivalents would be Rishi Sunak, the Times and The Spectator rallying around Brand, which (looking round), isn't currently happening.

by Anonymousreply 492September 21, 2023 10:33 PM

R492 But did they know? Because this was a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 493September 21, 2023 10:53 PM

The guy refusing to admit Brand was feted by the left wing media is as gammoned as the nutjobs complaining that Brand is taking the focus away from real news like Hunter Biden’s laptop.

by Anonymousreply 494September 21, 2023 10:54 PM

U.S. Amurkans like British accents. It a pleasant ripple in our dull, boring lives. They're exotic, but still white.

by Anonymousreply 495September 21, 2023 11:42 PM

I demand everyone stop talking about Russell Brand’s raping and sexual assaults and instead focus on the Guardian and “the left”!

That’s the *real* problem here,

by Anonymousreply 496September 22, 2023 12:25 AM

No, r496, the real problem is you trying to get everyone to stop talking about Russell Brand’s raping and sexual assaults and how it was all possible and instead focus on "the MAGAts", who are fuck all to do with Russell Brand.

by Anonymousreply 497September 22, 2023 12:30 AM

I want to discuss how rape (and its defense) and the defense of Russia's invasion of Ukraine are both both grounded in misogynistic, abusive patterns of thought and behavior.

by Anonymousreply 498September 22, 2023 12:43 AM

I'm right there with you, ElderLez!

by Anonymousreply 499September 22, 2023 12:49 AM

Yeah, let's get back to that R79!! Let's discuss not respecting boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 500September 22, 2023 12:52 AM

Yeah, American at r500 who knows fuck all about Russell Brand, let's start talking about completely different issues and try to manipulate the Russell Brand story to make our own dumb comments about contemporary politics!

by Anonymousreply 501September 22, 2023 1:15 AM

r492 So you think being interviewed by someone during the middle of an election campaign where you try to reach every voter you possible can is the same as endorsing that person, do you?

I notice how you and the Guardian troll avoided answering my question about right wingers. Funny that.

Also funny how you both avoided answering r493's question too.

by Anonymousreply 502September 22, 2023 7:49 AM

R502 is part of a concerted effort to try to minimise/re-write Brand's association with high profile Labour activists. 2 Labour leaders and The Guardian newspaper.

So yes, AGAIN the right wing nut jobs like Bev Turner and Laurence Fox are professional contrarians who support Brand because of his position on vaccines/Ukraine. They're fucking psychos. They say "but what about Brian Epstein, why aren't Channel 4 making a programme about him" when Channel 4 did just that a couple of years ago.

And yes EVERYONE AT THE GUARDIAN KNEW ABOUT BRAND, it's why the "hero of the year" article described him as troubled and flawed. Everyone knew he treated women appallingly. He had been sacked from the BBC for the Sachs scandal, which Guardian journalists defended him, attacking a right wing conspiracy and the woman at the centre of it. EVERYONE KNEW HE TREATED WOMEN APPALLINGLY BECAUSE HE LOST HIS JOB HAVING TREATED WOMEN APPALLINGLY.

Again, after Miliband's interview with Brand in 2015 the Daily Mail interviewed Jordan Martin who had written a book about the abusive nature of her relationship with Brand a year before. That article was attacked by many, including James O'Brien, who believed the Mail were targeting Brand because he was supporting Labour. THE SAME ARGUMENT LAURENCE FOX AND BEVERLEY TURNER ARE MAKING NOW.

And I would expect any political leaders to avoid sleazy fuckers when campaigning for votes. Rishi Sunak should not do a live TikTok stream with Katie Hopkins to win votes. Keir Starmer should not do a sitdown with Noel Clarke or Kevin Spacey or Frankie Boyle.

RAPE ISN'T LESS WORSE WHEN SOMEONE ON YOUR SIDE DOES IT

by Anonymousreply 503September 22, 2023 9:30 AM

Ah, so the right wingers who back Brand now are nut jobs, but the left wingers who did so - when it was not known he was a rapist despite your claims otherwise - represent the entire left of politics.

It's also hilarious to see you act like you actually give a shit about rape, when you're only interested in using it to attack your political opponents.

[quote][R502] is part of a concerted effort to try to

You sound quite, quite insane.

by Anonymousreply 504September 22, 2023 9:43 AM

R504, men like you enable men like Brand,

You protect predators.

by Anonymousreply 505September 22, 2023 10:14 AM

This thread could be studied to understand much about 2020s political economy and media culture.

by Anonymousreply 506September 22, 2023 10:26 AM

[quote]They're fucking psychos. They say "but what about Brian Epstein, why aren't Channel 4 making a programme about him"

Oh dear, mate.

by Anonymousreply 507September 22, 2023 11:12 AM

r505 An unsurprisingly moronic reply, all because you're singly incapable of responding to anything asked of you.

by Anonymousreply 508September 22, 2023 11:42 AM

(My "oh, dear" was because of the name mistake, not the grammar. Wasn't trying to be petty.)

by Anonymousreply 509September 22, 2023 11:49 AM

Brian Epstein managed The Beatles so I was wondering what the hell they were talking about but you reminded me that they were probably talking about Jeffrey! Likely an American.

by Anonymousreply 510September 22, 2023 11:52 AM

Or just an idiot

by Anonymousreply 511September 22, 2023 12:31 PM

Brian Eppshtein.

by Anonymousreply 512September 22, 2023 12:38 PM

Yes, Jeffrey, not Brian.

This is the kind of tweet the crank right were putting out as an instinctive reaction to the C4 Brand programme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513September 22, 2023 12:57 PM

Not surprised. Looks like a serial killer too.

by Anonymousreply 514September 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Morgana Robinson's Russell Brand impression:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515September 22, 2023 1:18 PM

There was a time when he hid behind the theatricality of high camp; which, as Susan Sontag teaches us, “is a solvent of morality. It neutralises moral indignation, sponsors playfulness”. Posturing as a Goth Noel Coward, he was, onstage, remarkably open about his sexual conduct. But it was hard to take seriously a man who looked like the lovechild of Lenny Kravitz and Charles Hawtrey; an explosion in a wig factory. That was his cunning. He sniffed out zones of impunity and crouched within them.

Yet the key to Brand’s ideological cosplay in recent years has been the airtime he has given to conspiracy theories. This pivot became especially apparent during the pandemic, when he started to embrace anti-vax propaganda; attacks on Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, that would delight Vladimir Putin; the ludicrous notion of the “great reset” (Covid was simply a drill to soften us all); nonsense about 9/11; and many other misinformation narratives.

As wildly irresponsible as this has been, it has delivered precisely what Brand wanted: namely, a huge, devoted online fanbase. He has 11.2 million followers on X; 3.8 million on Instagram; 2.2 million on TikTok; and 6.59 million subscribers on YouTube. He loves to posture as a voice of the powerless, a persecuted techno-Jesus speaking up for the disenfranchised, and nobly weathering the attacks, covert and overt, of the mighty. But this is all absurd.

No individual with a following of this scale can possibly claim to be a martyr or even a disruptor. It is high time we stopped treating online warriors of Brand’s might and reach as though they were rebels. In 2023, they are not in any meaningful sense anti-establishment. They are the establishment.

[bold] In practice, what Brand has been building amounts to a digital stockade, which he now hopes will protect him. Intuitively or otherwise, he grasped long ago that conventional stardom is vulnerable to fashion and public caprice; but that conspiracy theories tend to lure in disciples for the longer term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516September 22, 2023 1:28 PM

It’s YOU!

It’s YOU who is at fault for Russell Brand! ALL OF YOU!

ALL OF YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517September 22, 2023 2:17 PM

“This self-styled enemy of the mainstream media issued his denial of the allegations on Google-owned YouTube.“

by Anonymousreply 518September 22, 2023 2:33 PM

The allegations against Brand all date from his heyday, when he was an industry darling and constantly making grotesque lewd comments about women and being feted for it. There’s nothing from his time as a YouTuber and I doubt his right- and left-fringe fans will be able to protect him from a criminal investigation and trial.

by Anonymousreply 519September 22, 2023 8:38 PM

R426 British people are able to tan. He looks white. Germans and Scandinavians with blonde hair and blue eyes can get brown too. Americans stereotype Northern Europeans as all pale but many tan and get dark in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 520September 22, 2023 8:45 PM

I just read that Brand's wife is pregnant with their third child right now. They made the announcement in June. There are more and more fresh allegations coming out, such as:

"Russell Brand 'ripped holes in woman's tights' and 'refused to call her taxi until she performed a sex act'"

"woman claims he exposed himself to her and laughed about it"

"ex-wife Katy Perry's nickname for Russell Brand was Rasputin"

Shitty situation for the wife. Women are already so much more emotional during pregnancy, already feel more vulnerable, and more concerned about the health of their unborn child. This is not what anyone needs on top of a pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 521September 22, 2023 9:08 PM

He does kind of look like Rasputin, but I don't think I would read anything sinister in it.

by Anonymousreply 522September 22, 2023 9:46 PM

He seems like someone with anger and control issues who can't respect boundaries or being told "NO." When he was huge in America during the late 00s/early 10s, he always came across as obnoxious and douchey. Like a narcissist, he tried to craft a "caring" persona to save face after his decline with his podcast but quickly became the same annoying and arrogant asshole he always was.

by Anonymousreply 523September 22, 2023 9:58 PM

[quote]He does kind of look like Rasputin, but I don't think I would read anything sinister in it.

I would. Katy once said: “I felt a lot of responsibility for (our relationship) ending, but then I found out the real truth, which I can’t necessarily disclose because I keep it locked in my safe for a rainy day,”

by Anonymousreply 524September 22, 2023 10:01 PM

Crazy eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525September 22, 2023 10:13 PM

^ No attempt to directly address the allegations - but, in fairness, maybe his lawyers have advised him not to do so.

by Anonymousreply 526September 22, 2023 10:16 PM

"Russell Brand is a British comedian, actor, and activist. He has made his struggle with bipolar disorder a central focus of his public persona, often referencing it in his performances and writing. He's known for speaking openly about instability in his past."

Unmedicated bipolar. Would that give him a pass if it can be proved that he was mentally impaired during the time period he was raping?

by Anonymousreply 527September 22, 2023 10:23 PM

He doesn't address the allegations because he doesn't have to. He merely has to decry censorship, foreground the evils of deep state conspiracies and beg his nitwit followers to 'stay free'. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 528September 22, 2023 10:44 PM

R527, no. The standard for establishing that you are not guilty by reason of insanity is high. It’s not enough to have a mental disorder; you have to show that you didn’t know what you were doing and/or that you didn’t understand that what you were doing was wrong. Basically, the judge or jury has to determine that you were, in technical terms, barking mad.

by Anonymousreply 529September 22, 2023 10:47 PM

r524 That just makes her sound rather cunty. "Oh teehee I know a dark secret but you need to wait until I'm bored"

r526 His highly expensive lawyers. Funny choice for someone who claims to be fighting against the establishment and the elites.

by Anonymousreply 530September 22, 2023 10:52 PM

R526 - it's similar to the way he portrays himself as a champion of the working class while having a reputation for treating his staff appallingly.

by Anonymousreply 531September 22, 2023 10:54 PM

I'm not a Katy Perry fan per se, but I found this footage of her having to get on stage and perform for tens of thousands of fans chanting her name - moments after getting the "I'm divorcing you" text from asshole Russell Brand - pretty poignant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532September 22, 2023 11:03 PM

I've never seen him bloviate. For someone who talks with their hands so goddamn much he sure is bad at it

by Anonymousreply 533September 22, 2023 11:20 PM

Bipolar people know right from wrong usually. It would have to be serious psychosis like schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder or severe PTSD which impedes on coherent thinking to get the insanity excuse. Some prescription drugs can cause serious psychotic episodes too.

by Anonymousreply 534September 22, 2023 11:30 PM

Indeed, R533. Perhaps he'll find work as a semaphorist. He's got the hand movements down pat.

by Anonymousreply 535September 22, 2023 11:43 PM

R525, so Brand CAN speak slowly, concisely and even gently.

Geez. I wonder why the sudden change?

by Anonymousreply 536September 23, 2023 8:51 AM

[quote]Unmedicated bipolar. Would that give him a pass if it can be proved that he was mentally impaired during the time period he was raping?

WRONG. He's been doing this for YEARS and YEARS. He's always known the difference between right and wrong, he just doesn't care and loves to rape women. He wants to psychologically damage as many women as possible.

There is NOTHING WHAT SO EVER in his behavior that says he was an unmedicated bipolar person.

9 women have come forward. That means he's raped at least 27 women. But we all know, it's much, much more.

by Anonymousreply 537September 23, 2023 9:34 AM

I can't swear to it, but he" goosed" me once.

I don't want to get into the details about how I knew it was likely him and really, you can goose someone without being a rapist and you can rape people without goosing them.

That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 538September 23, 2023 3:33 PM

More from The Times about Brand's shenanigans working at the BBC and how was he was enabled. Not much BRAND new information here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539September 23, 2023 7:39 PM

Goosed

Old school definition: to pinch someone's buttocks

by Anonymousreply 540September 24, 2023 2:51 AM

R540, yeah, I guess it is an old term.

Like I said, I can't swear it was him but I believe it was.

by Anonymousreply 541September 24, 2023 3:29 AM

Send him to me - I'll explain rape to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542September 24, 2023 4:05 AM

Hadley Freeman has questioned whether she helped enable Brand along with others on the left.

The answer is resoundingly yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543September 24, 2023 10:26 AM

Some honest self reflection from Hadley Freeman on partisan left/right responses to Brand's misogyny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544September 24, 2023 10:27 AM

It would be nice if there was at least one indictable instance. I don't like these public purges, even if someone is a creep.

by Anonymousreply 545September 24, 2023 10:31 AM

The journalists searched and found 4 disgruntled exes. These women didn't come forward...nor go to the police and most of the accusations are thar he was a Dick...which isn't a crime. The one woman where its made out to be No means No, was that she had discussed previously with him thar he had to wear a condom and he didn't. She says she made a bad decision and got checked out ar a rape crisis centre cos she feared an STD. A lot of men and practically every Hollywood celeb could be cancelled if the media chose it. Cardiff B talked about drugging and riobbing men..and shes getting away with it. And as for the UK parliament interfering in a case where the guy hasn't been convicted or even charged and only one of the accusers has since gone to the police is a shame...and whatever u think of Brand, for this case to be so blown up, when it's only at the stage of some anonymous accusers is at the very least disturbing and the only sensible reaction had to be disgust. Its the Only normal reaction to all of this..without Charges or proper right of reply. To want to demonitise his social media? Do wealthy alleged murderers have their forrtunes then from them?

by Anonymousreply 546September 24, 2023 12:56 PM

[quote] The one woman where its made out to be No means No, was that she had discussed previously with him thar he had to wear a condom and he didn't. She says she made a bad decision and got checked out ar a rape crisis centre cos she feared an STD.

She says he raped her against a wall, FFS. She says she couldn't move and repeatedly told him to get off her.

by Anonymousreply 547September 24, 2023 1:31 PM

[quote] It would be nice if there was at least one indictable instance.

Why don't you ask Russell?

'Brand, the former husband of US singer Katy Perry, issued a video message on social media to deny the “very serious criminal allegations” hours before they were published on Saturday'.

by Anonymousreply 548September 24, 2023 1:33 PM

Private Eye not holding back on the media hypocrisy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549September 24, 2023 1:41 PM

[quote]Only normal reaction to all of this..without Charges or proper right of reply. To want to demonitise his social media? Do wealthy alleged murderers have their forrtunes then from them?

Are you semi-illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 550September 24, 2023 5:03 PM

R546, most rape victims don't go to the police. Can you blame them when people like you call them liars?

by Anonymousreply 551September 24, 2023 6:40 PM

Katherine Ryan got shit for talking about a famous predator without naming him. Turns out she did:

'Russell Brand’s last show on mainstream British TV was binned without making it to air five years ago, following allegations by a female comedian of his predatory behaviour, according to The Sun newspaper.

A week after The Times newspaper and Channel 4’s Dispatches programme collaborated to publish a list of claims about the comedian turned influencer, including allegations of rape, sexual assault and abusive behaviour – all of which he denies – The Sun reports that plans for ‘Russell Brand TV’, to be broadcast by the BBC, were put on ice after it transpired that female comedian Katherine Ryan had publicly called Brand on his behaviour during a 2017 recording of Comedy Central’s Roast Battle. The segment of that show was never aired.'

by Anonymousreply 552September 24, 2023 11:25 PM

I posted this in the Kathy Griffin thread a few days ago, but I'll put it here because it indicates that (some) male comics are problematic in general. I said in the other thread that I was surprised Kathy hasn't commented on the Russell Brand story since she recently shared insight about how crude and inappropriate male comics tend to be:

[quote]Kathy Griffin blasted male comics, calling them all “pigs” and claiming she’s seen “all their penises.”

[quote]The 62-year-old comedian tells Page Six she’s been in the business so long that she’s seen it all.

[quote]“I’ve been at every party back in the day when they’d be like, ‘Kat, Look! My penis is a wristwatch. I’m like, ‘Yes, I get it. We’ve seen it again.”

[quote]She adds, “Guy comics are pigs. They’re all pigs. I’ve been around a long time. I’ve seen all their penises.”

[quote]While Griffin is not calling anyone out by name, she says the bad behavior was standard practice in the ’90s.

[quote]She says it was common at the time for male comedians to whip out their genitalia at a party and dry-hump her “with an exposed penis.”

[quote]“That was like a big joke in my day where one of the guys would grab you and pretend like he was like, butt f–king you. And it happened to all of us,” she notes, adding that male comics often thought of her as “one of them.”

[quote]"...guy comics always get women that are too hot for them,” she explains. “And I think it makes them lose their minds."

[quote]“And, you know, a lot of these guys are not, how shall I say, conventionally attractive. And I’m just going to say that because I’ve been called ugly my whole career. So these guys don’t just want a nice girl or a good woman.”

by Anonymousreply 553September 25, 2023 4:31 AM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554September 25, 2023 4:32 AM

R554 She really needs to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 555September 25, 2023 5:39 AM

[quote]Katherine Ryan got shit for talking about a famous predator without naming him. Turns out she did:

Did she? I don't remember any serious people criticising her, more so people appreciated the fact she was willing to speak up and understood that she couldn't name him because he would sue her.

by Anonymousreply 556September 25, 2023 9:55 AM

R55, YOU really need to STFU and get the fuck off of DL. Take your misogyny elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 557September 25, 2023 2:19 PM

The police are now investigating allegations of "non-recent" sexual offences by Brand:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558September 25, 2023 4:05 PM

R556 I should have specified she got shit here on DL. She seems to provoke extreme responses. I find her quite witty and interesting. I believe she's hated because of her lack of shame about working at Hooters and sleeping with all her bosses. I, however, was impressed. I admire slutty feminists.

by Anonymousreply 559September 25, 2023 4:19 PM

R556 the last post before the news broke told Katherine Ryan to name names or STFU.

As did most of the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560September 25, 2023 4:22 PM

Being investigated for harassment and stalking. Still hasn't been arrested, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561October 2, 2023 12:05 PM

I love how the Brand-lovers believe vaccines are a plot and Covid isn't real an immigrants are being directed by Jews but when a gross, lecherous comic is accused of being gross, they're all "Don't rush to judgement!"

by Anonymousreply 562October 2, 2023 3:47 PM

"Russell Brand Raping"? Is he having the act trademarked?

by Anonymousreply 563October 6, 2023 11:49 AM

I watched the Dispatches on this and what sticks out to me is that one of his assistants who witnessed all the sex he was getting said something like that 'it never made him happy'.

by Anonymousreply 564October 6, 2023 11:57 AM

Unfortunately there are some people—it is called satyriasis in men, nymphomania in women—who engage in sex compulsively and without joy. Yes, R564, these unfortunate souls cannot love in the true sense of the word.

by Anonymousreply 565October 6, 2023 1:28 PM

Maybe he should've tried consensual sex?

by Anonymousreply 566October 7, 2023 1:12 AM

Sued for sexual assault on the set of Arthur

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567November 4, 2023 8:05 PM

If he weren't fug, I might care. As he is, throw his ass in jail.

by Anonymousreply 568November 4, 2023 9:03 PM

I don't think Liza Minelli likes him. I've seen two interviews where's she's asked about him (Brand played Arthur in the remake).

In one interview, Liza is asked whether she knows Brand. She says "yes" and that's all she said.

In another interview, Liza was asked whether she saw the remake of Arthur. Liza said: "No, why would I see it?"

Liza is normally kind and effusive, so this was really noticeable, to me.

by Anonymousreply 569November 4, 2023 9:05 PM

that's why it's nice to be nice; then, when you're not, people know that you've got a point.

by Anonymousreply 570November 9, 2023 2:36 PM

I wonder what he looks like without all the hair, and the ridiculous black leggings, and Peter Pan boots, long necklaces , eye makeup. If he were shaved, coifed, face and placed in a pair of khaki Dockers and a royal blue, short sleeved polo shirt. With a freshly scrubbed face.

by Anonymousreply 571November 9, 2023 6:44 PM

Grilled by the feds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572November 19, 2023 6:44 PM

I was a pretty gay boy who was rich. My mom always instilled into me that I was rape bait. I’ve always been on high alert.

by Anonymousreply 573November 19, 2023 6:51 PM

Metropolitan Police are “the feds”? Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 574November 19, 2023 9:15 PM

That's what Londoners call the police R574 - they're The Feds!

by Anonymousreply 575November 19, 2023 9:16 PM

R571 I assume he was balding, hence the self-consciously wacky hair 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 576December 1, 2023 6:21 AM

Police are investigating more charges against him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577December 18, 2023 9:45 PM

She says he is innocent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578December 18, 2023 9:51 PM

I used to think of him as sort of clever and funny, to the extent that I ever thought of him at all. That was years ago. I began to notice that he'd lost his mind after the Katy Perry marriage/debacle.

Orlando Bloom isn't looking well these days either. Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 579December 18, 2023 9:58 PM

Don't mess with the Deep State or oppose its agenda

by Anonymousreply 580December 18, 2023 10:05 PM

Here you go, R580. Take care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581December 18, 2023 10:23 PM

You know there's nothing really "left" about the "extreme left" when they have the same paranoia about the "deep state," and the same comfort with Russia's colonialist invasion of Ukraine, as the far right.

by Anonymousreply 582December 18, 2023 10:29 PM

Russia's "Special Military Operation" against Ukraine isn't a colonizing enterprise, lol. Words mean things, r582.

by Anonymousreply 583December 18, 2023 10:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!