Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anyone here not drink soda?

Or nothing carbonated for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2023 3:17 PM

I don't drink soda or other carbonated beverages.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2023 3:18 AM

I put it in my pussy queef and blow it up!

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2023 3:26 AM

It’s my last choice. I never seek it out.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2023 3:27 AM

i grew up "not allowed" to drink soda. It wasn't in our house, we weren't allowed to order it on the rare occasion we ate out, and if our parents found out we had it, we were "in trouble." That usually meant being grounded for a period of time.

i only drink diet coke now as an adultbecause full sugar soda is way too sweet and can cause me to have a glycemic reaction.

Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2023 3:32 AM

I, myself, do not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2023 3:32 AM

I don't. Not for health reasons or anything, but I'm on a medication that makes carbonated drinks taste horrible. It sucks, because I really miss soda and seltzer sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2023 3:40 AM

Stopped drinking diet soda 3 weeks ago because my memory kept periodically going from quite sharp to where I couldn't remember a lot of things. Think it may have worked but it's too soon to say so with authority.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2023 3:42 AM

I grew up with a Dad who worked for Coca-Cola, so I was allowed 16 oz of soft drinks per day. I no longer drink carbonated soda at home, and limit myself to one when I'm out to eat, and it's the most logical offering. For example, my brother will occasionally buy Mexican-produced Coca-Cola to serve with our favorite pizza, and I'd be a fool to skip that. Otherwise, I only buy soft drinks when my stomach is feeling touchy (usually Vernor's Ginger Ale).

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2023 3:47 AM

I am addicted to diet soda. I used to feel guilty about it but I just found out a 94 year old I know drinks it all the time so what the fuck. He also loves frozen dinners.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2023 3:50 AM

I drink tonic and that’s it. Nothing else carbonated.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2023 3:53 AM

Flyover thread

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2023 3:53 AM

^^My shit don't stink poster

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2023 3:57 AM

I have this bizarre addiction to Pepsi Max I'll generally have at least 2 cans a day. To quote one of my friends I'm more aspartame than man now.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2023 3:58 AM

Period.

Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2023 4:01 AM

[quote] To quote one of my friends I'm more aspartame than man now.

Is your friend TruthTellah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2023 4:02 AM

Rarely. I do like gin and tonics, though.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2023 4:17 AM

Who has time for mixers these days?

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2023 4:17 AM

Well…I don’t drink sodas regularly but I drink soda water almost every day. Water’s fine, but why drink plain water when it could have bubbles? Bubbles make everything better.

And then I am and have always been prone to hypoglycemia so I have a six pack of regular cokes on hand which I actually consider a medical necessity, but I maybe need one every 3 or 4 months. I’ve ended up in an urgent care because my blood sugar had dropped so low. So technically I don’t drink sugary sodas unless it’s an emergency but I do drink soda water. And tonic. Gin and tonics.

Ok, I drink all the sodas.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2023 4:22 AM

I used to avoid carbonation because I found it a painful process to consume. Then the mysterious Mr. Grey tied a blindfold about my face and introduced me to the sensual boundaries between pleasure and pain. Soon, whips, lace and rubber were involved deep in a dungeon under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2023 4:29 AM

Earlier this year I did a 'dry January' to lose weight so when I ate out, I had a Coke for the first time in years. I think soda especially diet soda is crap. I drink sparkling water. PS by March I had lost 9 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2023 4:29 AM

I can count on one hand the number of carbonated beverages I have had in the past few years. I just don't drink them. I don't even drink alcohol. I drink water, water with lemon, tea and milk and a rare coffee.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2023 4:53 AM

r21 you sound like a good time!

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2023 5:03 AM

Soda is one of those things I expect people to grow out of. The novelty of fizz should wear off.... or should it? Kind of like chewing bubble gum, but that's a thing of the past... and a whole other post.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2023 5:25 AM

I often drink seltzer. I have a ginger beer every once in awhile..

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2023 5:48 AM

I don’t. My parents didn’t buy it. I don’t like it. As a kid the bubbles were a hindrance either way

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2023 6:15 AM

I subsist on tepid buffalo-grass water. And gin. Oh, and coffee. And blended Scotch. Did I mention Gin?

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2023 6:22 AM

I would get a large Diet Coke from McDonald’s after every shift even though I don’t eat their food. I was getting brain fog, so I stopped, and it went away.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2023 8:06 AM

My mother NEVER brought soda 🥤 into the house when I was growing up. She only bought it on the rare occasions we had company over the house. I’m grateful to her now because I’m not addicted to soda and I never drink it.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2023 12:05 PM

I drink Trader Joe’s Sparkling Spring water occasionally but that has. I sugar no salt and no calories.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2023 12:07 PM

Are you drunk right now, r29?

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2023 12:10 PM

Hooray, another humble brag thread.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2023 12:16 PM

R30- I meant to say it has no sugar, no salt and no calories. I was typing while lying flat on my back on the floor of my bedroom because I had just completed my floor exercises. Now I'm typing from my full size desktop computer.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2023 12:18 PM

I used to drink tons of Diet Pepsi, but I quit 10 years ago. All I drink now is water and green tea. I had a sip of Diet Pepsi a few years ago and it tasted absolutely vile to me, I couldn't believe I ever liked it.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2023 12:23 PM

I was addicted to Pepsi - the full sugar kind. Got off it cold turkey and switched to water 20 years ago and never looked back. It was much easier than I thought it would be. Now I can’t drink a sugary drink, even have to water down juice. Hate hate hate diet sodas.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2023 12:27 PM

I drink carbonated water, but nothing with sugar added.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2023 1:02 PM

I grew up drinking Coke and other carbonated beverages non-stop. By the time I was an adult, I couldn't stand anything carbonated. Mostly drink iced tea now (sweetened with sugar, Splenda or Equal). Now trying to use monkfruit extract instead of artificial sweeteners for health reasons. I never drink plain water.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2023 1:22 PM

I hate the feeling of carbonated beverages.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2023 1:23 PM

R12 r22 is Defacto as she GUZZLES high fructose corn syrup and chemicals several times a day, EVERY day.

If you don’t, you’re a phony, not a real murkin.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2023 1:35 PM

I only drink water, 1% milk, and regular V8 (to pretend I ate a vegetable).

I am, however, a true chocoholic.

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2023 1:58 PM

I didn't drink soda at all growing up. In my 20's and early 30's I drank a can (had to be a can) of Diet Pepsi every single morning. And then I guy I knew, same age as me, had a stroke at age 35. He drank something like a 12-pack of Diet Coke a day or something ridiculous. So based on that I quit cold turkey and never went back.

I only very occasionally now have a real sugar coke if I have a headache, it works like a charm. This is maybe 1 or 2x per year.

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2023 2:00 PM

Never liked sodas, though sparkling water rarely. A long time co-worker drank Dr Pepper like the rest of the office drank coffee. He had at least three a day. Now approaching 60, he's had thousands of dollars of dental work done due to his rotting teeth and many other health problems. I can't fathom drinking that sweet, syrupy Dr Pepper all day long. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2023 2:04 PM

Thirty years ago I started working for a firm that always had a fully stocked refrigerator full of about 6 different types of soda. I would drink coffee in the morning, then switch to drinking 4-6 cans of Diet Coke a day. (We had one woman who only drank Tab and the company bought cases of it just for her.) Ten years after starting there my role changed and I began working from home. Thanks to not having it around all the time I stopped drinking soda completely. I now only buy LaCroix. (Makes a good mixer too with vodka.)

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Nature's champagne = Perrier

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2023 2:51 PM

Used to drink everything carbonated as kid (Dr. Pepper was my favorite), and then switched to Diet Pepsi as a teen/YA. Then in my early 40s I started thinking how awful that "shitty sugar water" was and quit all soda altogether. That was about 13 years ago and I don't miss it at all. I also switched to black coffee (pretty much eliminated sugar too), and worst of all gave up my beloved Sweet Tea. I live in the South, and Sweet Tea is only slightly less popular than Holy Water and Whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2023 3:02 PM

I used to drink a lot of diet soda but I’ve cut back. I still drink a lot of soda stream seltzer. I crave the carbonation.

I used to even order Diet Coke in restaurants. It wasn’t hard to stop that because for some reason I don’t crave carbonation in beverages when they are accompanying a meal. My recollection is that it used to be fairly common to see an adult order a soda in a restaurant, but I could be wrong. I think it would seem weird now.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2023 3:11 PM

I have not had soda in five years. It is not a good thing to drink.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2023 3:12 PM

My idiotic boss in ATL used to drink Caffeine-free, Sugar-free Diet Coke.

To me that shit is just fizzy ditch water.

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2023 3:15 PM

R47 - That's like drinking alcohol-free beer. Might as well just throw your money in the firepit.

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2023 3:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!