Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Repub politicians are worried that Romney’s new book will reveal their true feelings & private conversations about Trump

That's a shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2023 1:46 PM

We live in hope.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2023 1:56 PM

He has no fucks to give. And after reading the article in the Atlantic, I have to wonder if they had been nicer to him, would he have been more willing to play along with them? The book is certainly candid if the article is any indication. He seems to go unfiltered. And he condemns people like Vance and Hawley. Has no love to Ted Cruz. He also talks at length about how isolated and friendless he was. His own caucus didn't like him. He blames it on Trump's influence and their cowardice and corruption.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2023 2:22 PM

Romney's not that brave.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2023 2:58 PM

Turd will use it as a guide book of revenge once he achieves Dictatorship.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2023 3:05 PM

If I was Romney, I would be enraged that my peers had let our party degenerate to the extent that their voters used violence, threats of violence towards me/us and my/our families (and other Americans) to subvert the truth and democracy, and are continuing to back a traitorous, fat psychopath.

I would be spilling so much that I would have more volumes of my memior than Britannica had volumes, in an encyclopedia set.

Then again, I would never pander to terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2023 3:06 PM

The book's author, McKay Coppins:

"If you found the excerpt (in the Atlantic) interesting, I’ll just say: There’s *a lot* more to come. Romney was astonishingly candid with me about what he’s seen behind the scenes over 30 years in politics. Presidents. Fox News hosts. Trump & his family."

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2023 4:20 PM

Good, burn the Republican party to the ground. It'll be well deserved for enabling Dump and MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2023 4:23 PM

Most Trump cultists can't read, R7. I suspect that among those who can, the effects will be welcomed.

They want to burn the Republican Party to the ground and the United States with it.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2023 4:33 PM

I was watching commentary abut this on MSNBC and they interviewed Stuart Stevens who ran Romney's 2012 campaign. He said, "The Republican Party is no longer a governing party..." It isn't look at the chaos in the House with McCarthy, Gaetz, Greene, et al. We have the dept ceiling deadline coming on and there is no chance of agreement. They smell blood. They have Hunter Biden indicted, Biden facing impeachment hearings and the fucking government is on the verge of collapse. This is exactly what they want. By "they" I mean the big money invisible motherfukcers who are behind this.We have been heading in this direction, a corporate police state for decades.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2023 4:35 PM

Spill it all, Mitt.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2023 4:37 PM

God I hate these fucking typos. "abut" = "about" " It isn't. Look at the chaos...etc." "We have the debt ceiling deadline..." There are more, but fuckit.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2023 4:39 PM

Two words...frog legs.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2023 4:45 PM

Willard is a coward. He supported Trump and even bent the knee to try and get a cabinet position before Trump humiliated him.

Fuck Romney.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2023 5:21 PM

I appreciate Romney for finally opening up and confirming a lot of what many of us believed. But I have to agree with R13. Romney, Liz Cheney, and a lot of other Republicans who have nice manners, and who are moderate in their speech, and express themselves well are no less despicable than their shit for brains colleagues. Hillary said it best: "They don't speak out because they agree with Trump."

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2023 5:28 PM

I don't think it's a big surprise that Republicans support Republican policies. The handful of sane GOP lawmakers fell in line behind a man they hated because he was furthering their desire for more conservative justices, income tax cuts, increased military spending, stifling immigration from the southern border, and the like.

But when it became clear that Trump was a threat to little-d democracy and they continued to support him or said nothing, they crossed over from standard GOP wrongheadedness to actual evil. Romney, Cheney and Kinzinger do not belong in that latter group.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2023 7:32 PM

Bearking News- Trump is a cunt.

Found liable for rape, credibly accused by 20 plus women including a 13yo, of sexual assault

More importantly than rape, he cheats at golf. You'd think this would register with his cult.

Stole documents and hid them from authorities/ shared nuclear secrets with whomever he wanted to impress at the time.

Lied in public 30k times

Talks openly about his sexual fantasies involving his daughter

etc etc etc. I just cant anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2023 7:48 PM

Those of us who lived in Massachusetts during his time as Governor do not have fond memories of Mitt.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2023 7:54 PM

R15 you're a perfect example of listing out what Republicans want and making it sound reasonable. But this Conservative court has no use for voting rights or reproductive freedom, or separation of Church and state. The irresponsible tax cuts are designed to starve government and privatize everything, and there is no immigration policy in spite of the fact that the PResident of their own party proposed one and they rejected it. They are not rational, not coherent, and the current situation with our debt ceiling and their own speakers inability to lead is deliberately designed to shut down our government. They are not a party capable of governing and they have no policies to propose. The political positions they embrace are not policies. They are in the thrall of Big Pharma and resist anything resembling healthcare reforms, including the negotiation of fair prices for prescription drugs. They refuse to do anything about Gun safety reforms hiding behind the Second amendment. Their goal is to dismantle our government. Period. If you can't see that you're blind. When a fool like Mitt Romney has to acknowledge that his party no longer supports the Constitution wTF else do you need to convince you that they're not deserving of holding any public office.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2023 8:07 PM

[quote]You're a perfect example of listing out what Republicans want and making it sound reasonable.

If you thought the things I listed sounded "reasonable," I don't know what to tell you. But they are garden-variety GOP positions.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2023 8:23 PM

I bet Marjorie Taylor Greene is going to pressure Kevin to discipline BoBo. Let's make sure next year is her last year in the House.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2023 3:31 AM

I'm not optimistic about the future of our country. There are powerful forces with a lot of wealth behind this push to the Extreme Right. The Authoritarian movement is due to the environmental catastrophe facing us and it's gonna be survival of the meanest. It's going to be an Ayn Rand world. And most of the dumbassed footsoldiers will be casualties and they're too dumb to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2023 1:31 PM

Jennifer Rubin wrote a great column about Romney in the Washington Post. Very balanced. I'd forgotten that he voted to confirm Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, and he voted to support the January 6th committee, and a few other things besides voting twice to impeach Trump. She said at times, he exhibited a "shallow earnestness" but in general he is a kind decent principled man.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2023 1:32 PM

Let’s not forget that Mitt Romney practically licked Donald Trump’s taint when he wanted to be his Secretary of State.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2023 1:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!