Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your most uncultured opinions

I love Miracle Whip and choose it over the "real" mayo. It's not healthy how much I'll put on a sandwich with tomato. What are your tacky opinions or preferences?

by Anonymousreply 345October 12, 2023 10:22 PM

I like my poutine to marinate in the cheese curds. But I don't actually eat the cheese curds.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2023 3:50 AM

I love I can’t believe it’s not butter.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2023 3:52 AM

I love chocolate milk and pretty much all junk food.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2023 3:57 AM

It's perfectly acceptable to eat Chinese food with chopsticks and Moroccan food with cutlery.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2023 3:59 AM

I love WisPride Port Wine Spreadable Cheese.

Salty goodness.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2023 3:59 AM

Applebee's has some pretty good food. Even the steaks.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2023 3:59 AM

mexican women are not known for start shit... but them box truck body bishes will finish some ish....nalmtalmbout????

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2023 4:00 AM

Cats is an enjoyable musical (not the movie, the performance). I can appreciate the skill it takes to do the catlike dance movements.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2023 4:03 AM

[quote] I love I can’t believe it’s not butter.

Spread.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2023 4:04 AM

The mainstream acceptance of trans is at least 3.9/4 horsemen.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2023 4:06 AM

I’ve been a Datalounger for over 20 years. It’s been the most incredible 20 years of pointless bliss.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2023 4:06 AM

I like the shapes that aren’t circles.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2023 4:07 AM

I love bubble gum. I love blowing bubbles and popping them. Otherwise I’m very judgy of other’s habits/manners/grooming. Weird, I know.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2023 4:08 AM

Loving Spam. Though Hawaiians actually know how to cook it flavorfully

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2023 4:34 AM

I like American singles cheese individually wrapped. Tacky as hell, I know.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2023 4:38 AM

Charles Dickens is a bore.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2023 4:41 AM

Greek mythology is like shitty soap opera writing. Pandora's box is the one good story

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2023 4:43 AM

OP, my family always demands my deviled eggs for the holidays. The secret ingredient? Miracle Whip rather than mayonnaise. I don't use Miracle Whip for anything else, but it really shines there.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2023 4:46 AM

I love the smell of my farts and my ball sweat.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2023 4:51 AM

Sometimes I eat instant mashed potatoes. Especially in the winter and if I'm feeling lazy.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2023 4:52 AM

I prefer See's candies to high-end chocolates.

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2023 4:54 AM

R16 - I can’t decide who I hated reading more - Dickens or Hemingway.

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2023 4:56 AM

I also love Port Wine spreadable cheese, and as far as I'm concerned, See's candies ARE high-end chocolate.

I am on a guilty pleasures kick recently that involves Pringles (any flavor) and White Castle frozen cheeseburgers.

I mostly eat healthy normal stuff so the crap I mention are deviations but I really enjoy them.

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2023 5:08 AM

Ballet is only really worth watching if the dancers are hot. The dancers are rarely hot.

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2023 5:11 AM

I use the cheapest canned shaving foam I can find at the Walmart.

I’ve served ritz crackers with cheez-whiz as an appetizer.

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2023 5:16 AM

My cousin and I had tons of mutual sex as teens and early 20s. We also had a few trysts in our late 30s. I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of it happening again.

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2023 5:49 AM

I mix my wine with Sprite or Fanta sometimes

Also I BATHE my sushi and pretty much anything asian (and not) in soy sauce. I know its frowned upon by the japanese, that it's only supposed to be a dab, but idgaf I LOVE the taste of soy sauce., pile that shit on.

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2023 5:59 AM

I love bread and butter at bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2023 6:00 AM

So far, r27 wins. I find even a little soy sauce almost too much. I just use enough to moisten the wasabi, and then just dab at a little of that.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2023 6:11 AM

R29 "moisten the wasabi" sounds like a euphemism for something filthy and I'm here for it!

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2023 6:18 AM

Opera and ballet are boring. Ballet dancers have no rhythm and hip hop style dancing is more enjoyable to watch.

Jimmy Dean sausage is the best breakfast sausage out there. Salty greasy fatty melt-in-your-mouth goodness.

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2023 6:18 AM

R21, I thought Sees WAS high end.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2023 6:18 AM

Many DLers look down their noses at See's Candies.

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2023 6:24 AM

The finest hors d’œuvre is to create little ‘ice cream cones’ from Bugles and Easy Cheese.

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2023 6:27 AM

I like to eat the pickled ginger and sushi together in one bite.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2023 6:29 AM

R35 - honest question - are you supposed to eat them separately? I love pickled ginger and drape some over each piece of sushi - are they intended as a palate cleanser?

I eat it alone as well - I’ll ask you if you want the rest of yours.

by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2023 11:36 AM

I find Shakespeare's tragedies exquisite, but I don't think I have laughed once at his comedies.

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2023 11:43 AM

Poems that don’t rhyme are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2023 11:48 AM

Wow. Some of you must be so grossly obese.

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2023 12:03 PM

Hampton Beach, NH is a lovely beach.

I am not above mixing Sauvignon Blanc with seltzer if I am day drinking. Also a fan of the spreadable port wine cheese. (also blue cheese cubes in oil in the little jars which I haven’t had in years.)

Also dislike Dickens.

I love bingo and think square dancing and arcades are fun.

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2023 12:04 PM

I love the big Lloyd Webber shows especially Sunset.

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2023 1:04 PM

Port wine cheese balls.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2023 1:10 PM

r38 serious question -- are you familiar with Pablo Neruda? I consider his love poetry sublime.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,

I love you directly without problems or pride:

I love you like this because I don’t know any other way to love,

except in this form in which I am not nor are you,

so close that your hand upon my chest is mine,

so close that your eyes close with my dreams.

---

With that said, I consider a lot of current, MFA-influenced poetry to be absolute navel-gazing bullshit. I enjoyed the attached essay very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2023 1:27 PM

Garlic breadsticks with nacho cheese.

I love pro wrestling. In fact, I saw a pro wrestler in public last week and lost it. Probably had a 10 or 15 minute conversation with this guy. His wife ditched him, and when I turned around my friends were all scrolling on their phones looking extremely bored.

Also, mixing sour patch kids with skittles gummies.

Refusing to watch Green Acres if I miss the opening theme.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2023 1:42 PM

Do you think this is transgressive somehow? Most people don't listen to opera or read Dickens. It's the norm. The world is filled with second-rate humans who think they are unique.

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2023 1:49 PM

I like to play slot machines mindlessly.

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2023 1:52 PM

I love love love Cheesecake Factory.

by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2023 1:53 PM

Didn’t you read Dickens in High School R45? I thought most people did, at least in the US.

And uncultured and transgressive are very different words. It’s odd to conflate them.

by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2023 2:07 PM

I eat potato chips

by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2023 2:23 PM

R48 I haven't conflated them at all. Some people like to poop on "high culture" because they think it's a new and edgy position to take. They were assigned things that they didn't read in high school and now think that those things are irrelevant to the world. It's nothing new or interesting. They are sheep.

Garbage in, garbage out.

by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2023 2:27 PM

I hate coffee after years and years of drinking every possible kind and finding every type to be too bitter for me. I drink Monster Ultra energy drinks instead. And I buy them by the case.

by Anonymousreply 51September 15, 2023 2:29 PM

r51 I drink coffee in the morning, but if I need a pick-me-up later in the day, I drink Redbull.

by Anonymousreply 52September 15, 2023 2:41 PM

Coca Cola is a perfect beverage that goes with everything.

by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2023 2:43 PM

At R43, I wouldn’t call that poem sublime, but if it’s moving to you, that’s what matters.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2023 2:45 PM

R21- Sees are fairly expensive nowadays- they were never low end ( if you were extolling the virtues of Russell Stover- THAT is unculturecd and low end) and I LOVE their seasonal Roasted Peanuts Covered In Caramel and Milk Chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2023 2:47 PM

I love American Cheese on burgers and grilled cheese sandwiches, it's a match made in heaven.

I am fine with drinking instant coffee if there's nothing available. Yeah, it tastes like shit without sugar and cream but you'll save a ton of money.

Ingmar Bergman is the most boring "great" director. Except for Persona, he's shit.

Dickens created great characters and concepts but his novels were way too long. That's what happened when you are paid by the word.

Most "great" NYC rock bands are boring and shitty. The reason most of those bands are acclaimed by critics is due to the historical East Coast media bias. West Coast rock bands destroy the East Coast ones.

Milf Manor (it's as trashy as it sounds) is one of the funniest and most grotesque things I have ever seen. It puts most of the acclaimed sitcom comedies of the past 10 years or so to shame (in terms of laughs).

A lot of the Real Housewives franchise is (was, in some cases) excellent entertainment (well, was). Porsha Williams--granddaughter of a very famous Civil Rights activist--not knowing the reality of the Underground Railroad is the funniest and most shocking thing I have ever seen on tv. It really does live rent free in my head. I have sent this clip to friends who have never watched a day of the Housewives in their lives and they die laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2023 2:52 PM

To R51, Now that's BAD for you, and you know it!!

But, that's your opinion, and I will respect that. Looking 4 Miss Tim Scott's GF in Myrtle Beach, SC...found a 37 yrs. old divorced electrician, Shaun and I shared last night. We were at Dagwood's in Myrtle Beach. Packed with str8 locals, college students, and closeted guys!! Great burgers.

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2023 2:53 PM

R21. That’s not uncultured, that’s just plain old good taste!

Mary! …Mary See

by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2023 3:04 PM

Anytime I am ordering a drink in public, regardless of the setting, I would prefer beer over wine or "classier" cocktails. Of course I don't always order beer; it's definitely seen as gauche in some settings, especially when everyone else is drinking wines and mixed drinks.

But I always want a beer over anything else, and I'd prefer to drink it directly from the bottle or (YES!) can.

Before you come for me, know that I'm very well spoken, quite socially adept, and clean up VERY nice. You can absolutely take me to fancy places. But I'm dragging you to a dive bar afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2023 3:05 PM

I think that Doritos are a perfect food

by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2023 3:09 PM

You have a personality problem… beer is not uncultured and no one is actually looking down at you for ordering one. Maybe you should order up a plate of self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2023 3:09 PM

[quote]Do you think this is transgressive somehow?

No. Did someone say it is? R45, I don't see anyone here claiming drinking boxed wine while smearing port cheese on Saltines is somehow upending the whole social order. Drama down, Mary.

Datalounge is full of snobs who constantly make pronouncements about what is and isn't "classy." This is just countering that with people reveling in being basic and simple.

by Anonymousreply 62September 15, 2023 3:11 PM

I walked out of a Philip Glass opera as it was as repetitive and discordant as Lincoln Tunnel traffic on 9th Ave.

by Anonymousreply 63September 15, 2023 3:14 PM

R61, the one with the personality disorder is quite obviously you.

And the lack of self awareness is, frankly, hilarious. I hope you're young with your clueless thinking. Maybe you'll wise up one day.

by Anonymousreply 64September 15, 2023 3:16 PM

Here’s the beer menu at the Michelin-starred Gramercy Tavern, one of Mshattan’s best and most-loved find restaurants.

That’s just one example—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 15, 2023 3:21 PM

I did indeed read both “Great Expectations” and “For Whom The Bell Tolls” - and disliked them both thoroughly. I know they are considered masterpieces, I was bored - but plowed through them.

I’m neither transgressive nor incapable of enjoying literature - I loved Barth’s “The Sot-Weed Factor.”

by Anonymousreply 66September 15, 2023 3:22 PM

R66 I didn't know Belle Barth wrote books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 15, 2023 3:31 PM

R63 Which opera did you walk out of?

by Anonymousreply 68September 15, 2023 3:34 PM

I switched from Albolene to Miracle Whip as my preferred sexual lube.

by Anonymousreply 69September 15, 2023 3:37 PM

[quote] Before you come for me, know that I'm very well spoken, quite socially adept, and clean up VERY nice. You can absolutely take me to fancy places. But I'm dragging you to a dive bar afterwards.

No one is going to "come for" you because you like beer. I don't see the big deal about ordering beer in a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 70September 15, 2023 3:47 PM

Exactly—but we’re the ones with issues?🤭

by Anonymousreply 71September 15, 2023 3:49 PM

R62 Yes, they've implied that it is somehow 'naughty' to dislike works from the canon, as if this attitude is something new or refreshing or interesting. It's not. Cracker Barrel's been around since Pericles.

High Culture is the province of smart gay men. We like it this way. It's self-selecting. I'm not upset about it.

You are confusing boxed wine and Saltines (both of which I consume) with things you don't understand or haven't experienced.

by Anonymousreply 72September 15, 2023 3:59 PM

R72 I have no idea what you're talking about at this point, but no one here said anything about being transgressive.

Are you okay?

by Anonymousreply 73September 15, 2023 4:02 PM

I like to put sweet pickle relish in tuna salad (for sandwiches) and in egg salad, as well.

by Anonymousreply 74September 15, 2023 4:10 PM

R73 - R45 did indeed accused those of us who dislike Dickens or opt out of opera of thinking ourselves “transgressive.”

He’s just a silly goose.

by Anonymousreply 75September 15, 2023 4:11 PM

For whatever reason, homeless cock just tastes better. There's really no debate.

by Anonymousreply 76September 15, 2023 4:12 PM

I prefer Cool Whip to real whipped cream.

I have never read Jane Austen and never will.

by Anonymousreply 77September 15, 2023 4:14 PM

I like both Cool Whip & real whipped cream. Different expectations for them.

by Anonymousreply 78September 15, 2023 4:21 PM

I find this Abbott and Costello skit funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 15, 2023 4:24 PM

Some of these choices feel like covert bragging about how cultured posters are, instead of admitting to actual tackiness.

"Oh, I'm so uncultured that I will deign to drink an Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Riesling if nothing else is available in the wine cellar, I sometimes read Tolstoy in translation instead of the original Russian, and I'll even dare to dress myself without the help of my valet."

by Anonymousreply 80September 15, 2023 4:32 PM

Ha-ha R80 well if we are going to come up with examples of that, I left Lincoln Center after the second act of Die Wallkure because a plate of short ribs at Shun Lee sounded more appealing.

by Anonymousreply 81September 15, 2023 4:50 PM

I prefer Coffee Mate to real cream for coffee.

by Anonymousreply 82September 15, 2023 4:53 PM

Cigarettes, the crutch of the uncouth, are actually sublime.

by Anonymousreply 83September 15, 2023 5:11 PM

I love you r80

by Anonymousreply 84September 15, 2023 5:17 PM

I find cigarette smoking quite elegant looking actually, though I don't smoke cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 85September 15, 2023 5:31 PM

Damn straight, r85

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 15, 2023 5:35 PM

I eat French's fried onions straight out of the can.

by Anonymousreply 87September 15, 2023 5:37 PM

I like the bright yellow French's mustard on sandwiches and corned beef.

by Anonymousreply 88September 15, 2023 5:39 PM

[quote]I like my poutine to marinate in the cheese curds.

OMG, so do I!

by Anonymousreply 89September 15, 2023 5:41 PM

I like Chips Ahoy with a cold glass of milk. I like it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 90September 15, 2023 5:45 PM

To R90... Who fucking doesn't like that (LOVE IT)!! Oreos, Fig Newtons, let's be Honest-any Cookies with a giant glass of Cold Milk.

by Anonymousreply 91September 15, 2023 6:14 PM

^Chips ahoy are better when you zap them briefly in the microwave. They come out soft and warm like home baked.

by Anonymousreply 92September 15, 2023 6:16 PM

I like Hawaiian Punch.

by Anonymousreply 93September 15, 2023 6:29 PM

White Chicks > any movie Terrence Malick has made since 1978

by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2023 7:44 PM

I love Big Macs and McDonald's fries.

by Anonymousreply 95September 15, 2023 8:43 PM

Macaroni and cheese MUST have a healthy proportion of Velvetta along with other more high-brow cheeses. Nothing beats the texture and saltiness of V!

I've drunk instant coffee for most of my life, and have only recently started drinking brew. Frankly, I can't really tell the difference. Years of smoking (which j'adore) has deadened my taste buds, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 96September 15, 2023 8:56 PM

I don’t need whore pills.

by Anonymousreply 97September 15, 2023 9:02 PM

r96 MUST learn how to spell Velveeta.

by Anonymousreply 98September 15, 2023 9:03 PM

I ate a corn dog at an amusement park last week and loved every greasy bite. I also like throwing back those little Fireball shots while I'm relaxing on the sofa.

by Anonymousreply 99September 15, 2023 9:07 PM

[quote]I mix my wine with Sprite or Fanta sometimes

Not so uncultured. Tinto de Verano is a refreshing drink in Spain similar to sangria. They use gaseosa which doesn't have as much sugar as Sprite but that's a good substitute.

by Anonymousreply 100September 15, 2023 9:18 PM

At my old workplace, customers (tourists) would order a "shandy," i.e., draft beer w/7-Up.

by Anonymousreply 101September 15, 2023 9:31 PM

I like to talk, dance, vape and have my date squeeze my tit during a performance of Beetlejuice.

by Anonymousreply 102September 15, 2023 10:31 PM

I like to eat ass with no condiments or sides.

by Anonymousreply 103September 15, 2023 10:52 PM

R90 what's uncultured about that? Maybe a little infantile but aint nothing wrong with chips ahoy and milk.

by Anonymousreply 104September 15, 2023 11:01 PM

R63 Sure, grampa.

by Anonymousreply 105September 15, 2023 11:04 PM

Generally speaking, I don't give a shit about which wine. I have a couple of friends who are over the top about their wine choices, and I really don't give a shit. "Can I smell the aroma? Taste and swirl it?" Blah, blah, Just eat your food, drink your drink, and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 106September 15, 2023 11:06 PM

R77 What else are you proud to remain ignorant of? There must be so much.

by Anonymousreply 107September 15, 2023 11:08 PM

And drink your juice too, R106.

by Anonymousreply 108September 15, 2023 11:08 PM

Chips Ahoy and milk is / are uncultured. Drinking milk, as an adult, is uncultured.

Wine? As teens, my friend said to just give her Tyrolia (a type of cheap wine, maybe a cut above Boone's Farm). She said she's not going to appreciate something better.

by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2023 11:10 PM

[quote] Drinking milk, as an adult, is uncultured.

I'm guessing you don't lift weights? And don't drink the protein shakes (usually with milk) that come afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 110September 15, 2023 11:15 PM

[quote] I know its frowned upon by the japanese, that it's only supposed to be a dab

[quote] and then just dab at a little of that.

A little dab'll do ya!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 16, 2023 12:00 AM

[quote]I know its frowned upon by the japanese, that it's only supposed to be a dab

Making a wasabi and soy sauce slurry is also frowned upon.

by Anonymousreply 112September 16, 2023 2:02 AM

I love listening to disco, house and electronic dance music

by Anonymousreply 113September 16, 2023 2:05 AM

Not liking "Everything Everywhere All At Once." I found it more complicated than it had to be with the multiverse stuff

by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2023 2:28 AM

Biz works much better than Oxiclean on seamen and post coiitus stains that occur on bed and bath linens! You should still add bleach to the first rinse although for sanitization purposes

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2023 2:33 AM

R114, I couldn't get into that movie, either. I think I watched the first 20 minutes and gave up.

[quote] Biz works much better than Oxiclean on seamen

Alert the Navy!

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2023 2:43 AM

The fitness of my public transportation system users is sorry. I’m examining everyone’s ass as the exit. We have a bunch of sitters and it shows. My God, we have fatties.

I’m not supposed to judge weight, but if we’re in an auto accident I want to land ON them and not have them land ON me. Also, I hate carts on the bus, unless it’s my cart and then you should be proud of me for overcoming our food desert.

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2023 2:46 AM

It’s hard to tops fizzy wine. Love my moscato.

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2023 3:35 AM

Is it uncultured to love Adam Sandler movies? I genuinely love the ones from the 90s and early 2000s

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2023 3:35 AM

Yes, loving Adam Sandler movies qualifies as uncultured. Adam Sandler movies are glorified chick flicks, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2023 3:36 AM

I prefer white wine to red.

by Anonymousreply 121September 16, 2023 3:38 AM

I don't like Adam Sandler or his movies, but The Waterboy was great and Kathy Bates should have won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 122September 16, 2023 3:47 AM

I fry my eggs in bacon grease, let the yolks run over toast, and with it I drink whole milk 🥛. So there!

by Anonymousreply 123September 16, 2023 3:47 AM

R68 It was likely Satyagraha, which had to do with Gandhi. If I had known that, perhaps I would have stuck around to feel cerebral and righteous — or at least to see his panties.

by Anonymousreply 124September 16, 2023 5:46 AM

There is some Dickens travelogue where he happens upon an orgy in New Orleans. He threw up! He’s a bitch. Never even finished Drood.

by Anonymousreply 125September 16, 2023 2:10 PM

In datalounge even Charles Dickens catches strays, lol

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2023 5:17 PM

[quote] lol

LoL! :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2023 5:19 PM

I like movie theater plastic nacho cheese.

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2023 5:19 PM

R112, in my Japanese household, we create the slurry of wasabi and soy. It's a thing in Japan, although not the norm.

BUT, we use just a teaspoon of soy, and just a dab of wasabi. THAT's the true Japanese taste. We don't fill the dish with soy.

and yes, the ginger is a palate cleanser, so that you enjoy the next fish so much more.

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2023 5:21 PM

[quote] just a dab of wasabi

A little dab'll do ya!

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2023 5:23 PM

Many of these so called uncultured opinions deal merely with people's taste in foods, and we all have our little "guilty pleasures" in cuisine which we know aren't classy or good for us, but are just plain delicious and comforting. This isn't groundbreaking. I can agree with many of these too.

I think OP was trying to dig a little deeper, like, being aware of having gaps in cultural awareness and maturity...whether or not this may result in political shit stirring.

by Anonymousreply 131September 16, 2023 5:28 PM

The Godfather bored me. I liked the wedding scene and Brando, that was it.

by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2023 5:36 PM

It's not an opinion, but I can't tell music from one classical composer apart from another's. Unless they're radically different; i.e. I can tell Bach from Tchaikovsky, but nothing more nuanced than that.

by Anonymousreply 133September 16, 2023 6:14 PM

I can't tell apart the Olsen twins (Ashley and Mary-Kate). Supposedly, they're fraternal, not identical, twins. I have actually tried to see the difference and I can't discern.

by Anonymousreply 134September 16, 2023 6:41 PM

Overseas travel is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2023 6:55 PM

[quote]It's not an opinion, but I can't tell music from one classical composer apart from another's.

This thread started out interesting, but now it's getting asinine. "I'm uncultured because I can't tell classical composers apart!" What's next? "I can't decide which ballet I like better! I'm such an uncultured heathen!" "We got season tickets to the symphony but have to miss a date -- we're such barbarians I can't take it!" "I only own THREE TUXEDOS! KILL ME NOW!"

by Anonymousreply 136September 16, 2023 6:58 PM

[quote] Overseas travel is overrated.

I kind of agree. Getting to your destination can be stressful and arduous. Even modest accommodations can be exorbitant -- several hundred dollars per night. Then, how long can you afford to stay? By the time you're rested (from jet lag and just getting there), it's almost time to head back.

by Anonymousreply 137September 16, 2023 7:22 PM

R131 did you read OP's post.

His example was preferring Miracle Whip over real mayonnaise. I think most posts just followed the example.

by Anonymousreply 138September 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Good point, R138.

by Anonymousreply 139September 16, 2023 7:37 PM

I liked the early seasons of Glee and prefer a couple of their songs to the originals. I'm sad I can't watch them the same with the lead actors who died and the other one (most disturbing) who turned out to be a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 140September 16, 2023 7:49 PM

[quote] I'm sad I can't watch them the same with the lead actors who died and the other one (most disturbing) who turned out to be a pedophile.

The paedo died too.

by Anonymousreply 141September 16, 2023 7:51 PM

I love that music Mexicans listen to. Ya know, with the accordions and all hooping and hollering. I just wanna get up and dance.

Before you call me racist, I love Mexicans, even the ones that support Trump for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 142September 16, 2023 7:57 PM

[quote] I love Miracle Whip and choose it over the "real" mayo. It's not healthy how much I'll put on a sandwich with tomato.

OP, might I suggest adding some bread & butter pickle slices to this sandwich? I love those things and I’m not ashamed to admit it! Well, not ashamed to admit it anonymously. 🥒😜🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 143September 16, 2023 8:02 PM

I love Singapore Slings.

by Anonymousreply 144September 16, 2023 8:13 PM

I like ramen. It puts me into work mode and it's a hassle free meal.

by Anonymousreply 145September 16, 2023 8:14 PM

There's red wine and there's white wine. All red and all white taste pretty much the same but some are shitty. Red and white aren't the same though.

by Anonymousreply 146September 16, 2023 8:23 PM

r142 are "some of your best friends Mexican?"

by Anonymousreply 147September 16, 2023 8:29 PM

I don't like Shakespeare at all.

by Anonymousreply 148September 16, 2023 8:42 PM

I enjoy(ed) being molested.

by Anonymousreply 149September 16, 2023 8:42 PM

That’s not uncultured. That’s moronic.^

by Anonymousreply 150September 16, 2023 9:06 PM

I enjoy yoghurt.

by Anonymousreply 151September 16, 2023 9:08 PM

R136 Oh fuck off. Not understanding classical music isn't uncultured? Ok fine, how 'bout this -- 80s Top 40 music is the most enjoyable of any decade, and for good measure, I really enjoyed the first two Winger albums!

by Anonymousreply 152September 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Ingmar Bergman is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 153September 16, 2023 9:30 PM

And furthermore...

Pumpkin spice is DELICIOUS.

I fucking hate King Lear.

Luxury hotels aren't worth the money.

R135 Overseas travel is overrated and the vast majority of travelers return home no more cultured than they were before they left.

Soap operas can be great. Rarely, but they can.

People who eat dinner after 7:00 PM are deeply annoying; after 8:00 PM are intolerable cunts.

You can pry my daily Diet Coke from my cold, dead hands.

by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2023 9:37 PM

I subscribe to TIME, but only read People.

by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2023 9:39 PM

Well, ballet maybe boring but fucking the dancers, in my experience, is usually pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2023 9:49 PM

R155 posting from 1978

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2023 9:50 PM

Keep digging, Sylvia. You have saved the thread.

FWIW, I love classical music, but I don’t recognize every composer, either. I don’t feel uncultured.

by Anonymousreply 158September 16, 2023 9:56 PM

I watched and loved Grey's Anatomy for years. I never even made a conscious decision to stop watching and probably would still be watching if inertia had carried me in a different direction. The worst part is I pretty much stopped liking the show after Sandra Oh left (2014?) but I kept watching until 2021! Grey's Anatomy must be meth for fraus if I, a snobby and pedantic gay, could also fall for it so hard.

by Anonymousreply 159September 16, 2023 9:56 PM

I love 90 Day Fiance and 1000 Lb Sisters

by Anonymousreply 160September 16, 2023 9:58 PM

FWIW the drummer for Winger is a total mensch IRL, Sylvia.

by Anonymousreply 161September 16, 2023 10:02 PM

I like the music of Nickelback and had a couple of their songs on my iPod.

I love the Eagles and the song "Life in the Fast Lane." I was listening to it in my car the other day and realized: this song is basically butt rock, and it reminded me of Foghat's "Slow Ride." (Elaine on Seinfeld danced to "Slow Ride" blasting through the clock radio.)

by Anonymousreply 162September 16, 2023 10:02 PM

I root for Pumpkin, not Honey Boo Boo.

by Anonymousreply 163September 16, 2023 10:07 PM

I love Air Supply.

by Anonymousreply 164September 16, 2023 10:15 PM

If given the choice between a fancy bar and a dive, I’ll choose the dive every time.

The same is true of restaurants. I miss the old OkiDog on Santa Monica (the one on Fairfax just isn’t the same.)

by Anonymousreply 165September 16, 2023 10:22 PM

Dizzy killed Grey’s Anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 166September 16, 2023 10:24 PM

I Hate to Exercise....

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2023 10:35 PM

R154, why is it your business if I eat after 8pm?

by Anonymousreply 168September 16, 2023 10:36 PM

I did not like Heath Ledger in his role as "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2023 10:37 PM

I don't like when people have "Beach" as a like on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 170September 16, 2023 10:38 PM

I’m scared of Columbian men, but would still sleep with one.

by Anonymousreply 171September 16, 2023 10:45 PM

[quote]I’m scared of Columbian men, but would still sleep with one.

Why? It's a prestigious university.

by Anonymousreply 172September 16, 2023 11:09 PM

The neighborhood is iff.

by Anonymousreply 173September 17, 2023 12:19 AM

Iffy :)

by Anonymousreply 174September 17, 2023 12:19 AM

I happily enjoy a bag of Funyuns from time to time!

by Anonymousreply 175September 17, 2023 12:24 AM

Frusen Glädjé wasn't worth the hype.

by Anonymousreply 176September 17, 2023 1:06 AM

I prefer Verdi to Mozart.

Oh, and cold pizza.

by Anonymousreply 177September 17, 2023 1:23 AM

I love fried bologna sandwiches. I eat them in cheap white bread with butter.

by Anonymousreply 178September 17, 2023 1:24 AM

Mahler and Shostakovich ain’t shit.

by Anonymousreply 179September 17, 2023 2:08 AM

I shop at Aldi but never admit to it. I tell everyone the appetizers are from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

by Anonymousreply 180September 17, 2023 2:14 AM

R178 Same sandwich but I fry the bologna with sliced onions.

by Anonymousreply 181September 17, 2023 2:16 AM

They know R180.

by Anonymousreply 182September 17, 2023 2:18 AM

Heat up some corn beef hash, mix with ketchup and onion powder - eat.

by Anonymousreply 183September 17, 2023 2:22 AM

^^Because they do the same.

by Anonymousreply 184September 17, 2023 2:22 AM

I fell asleep in the fight scene in The French Connection. That movie bored the heck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 185September 17, 2023 2:32 AM

If your shit stinks I will not date you

by Anonymousreply 186September 17, 2023 2:35 AM

R185 I don't remember a fight scene. I remember a car chase.

by Anonymousreply 187September 17, 2023 3:31 AM

For a same sex marriage to work : One partner has to be the "husband" and one partner has to be to be the "wife".

by Anonymousreply 188September 17, 2023 4:41 AM

CSI Miami is a really good show.

by Anonymousreply 189September 17, 2023 6:50 AM

R188 I sort of agree. I'm in a very long term relationship, and there is the hunter gatherer, then there's me.

by Anonymousreply 190September 17, 2023 7:15 AM

No matter how much I may love the artist, live concerts are dull, drawn-out, miserable affairs. Studio recordings only please.

by Anonymousreply 191September 17, 2023 9:57 AM

I found Grey Gardens depressing.

by Anonymousreply 192September 17, 2023 12:40 PM

Cheez Whiz makes a casserole better

by Anonymousreply 193September 17, 2023 12:50 PM

R177, I too love cold pizza (and Verdi AND Mozart).

Maybe this will reveal myself as an uncultured fool, but is preferring Verdi to Mozart considered déclassé?

by Anonymousreply 194September 17, 2023 12:55 PM

R131 Your writing rambles and goes off course.

by Anonymousreply 195September 17, 2023 1:00 PM

This looks to me like one hell of a fun night out. I even called the Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce to see if they knew where the event is held. They didn’t but if I ever find out, and if it’s still being held, I swear I’m gonna drive the 813 miles to get there and let my inner redneck all the way out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 17, 2023 1:25 PM

Bakersfield never fails to surprise. Them Okie genes are too strong.

by Anonymousreply 197September 17, 2023 1:28 PM

I live red wine and cola.

by Anonymousreply 198September 17, 2023 1:37 PM

Love, not live

by Anonymousreply 199September 17, 2023 1:38 PM

[quote]I love Miracle Whip and choose it over the "real" mayo. It's not healthy how much I'll put on a sandwich with tomato. What are your tacky opinions or preferences?

Oh, dear. Oh, dear.

My preference? Fewer threads like this that demonstrate the collapse of intelligence at the DL.

by Anonymousreply 200September 17, 2023 1:39 PM

But where's the Oh, dear, r200?

by Anonymousreply 201September 17, 2023 3:14 PM

" People who eat dinner after 7:00 PM are deeply annoying; after 8:00 PM are intolerable cunts. "

r154 A. How is that an uncultured opinion? B. How does someone else's dinner time impact you?

by Anonymousreply 202September 17, 2023 3:21 PM

My tacky opinion is that r200 is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 203September 17, 2023 3:22 PM

I'm sauntering through Saks

Meandering through Macy's

But I buy at Alexander's

I BUY AT ALEXANDER'S!

by Anonymousreply 204September 17, 2023 3:27 PM

Because R202, it is widely held that eating late is the more "cultured" thing to do and eating early is considered déclassé/for the olds. My uncultured opinion is that eating dinner at night is ridiculous.

"Mealtimes, and meal titles, at the turn of the 20th century were a reflection of social status, not location. Wealthy folks emulated the latest British etiquette while farm families and poorer folks stuck to the traditional agrarian standards. For example: A wealthy person's dinner party would commence anywhere from 6-8PM, while a mid-western farm family might be sitting down to dinner (their main meal of the day) at noon. The wealthier you were, the later (and longer) the breakfast. Lunch cut across all social classes at this time. Priviledged ladies entertained each other with fancy luncheons while factory workers and school children chowed down sandwiches in brief, prescribed breaks. Regardless of time and place, the general distinction between dinner and supper is the former indicates the main meal of the day; the latter is a light repast. If you took your dinner at noon, you supped at 5 or 6. If you took your dinner at 8, you might sup at 11. Period etiquette books were written for the wealthy and upper middle classes. Meal times and dining notes generally address social occasions rather than family (informal) meals. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 17, 2023 4:34 PM

R187 I don't know the scene exactly because the last thing I remember was a lot of commotion and I thought someone throwing things and then I fell asleep. I was in a theatre and so tired after work and the movie was so dark and constant running around. I really thought it boring. I remember what was happening on the screen was a lot of commotion, thought it was as a fight scene. Now I am kind of curious and wonder if it was the famous chase scene toward the end. To me shooting at people is a fight but when I say a fight scene I guess it sounds like I am referring to a physical fist fight. Wasn't like that.

by Anonymousreply 206September 17, 2023 5:52 PM

Yeah, eating late is seen as sophisticated. In reality, it's probably better to eat early. For a while, when I was self-employed and working from home, I was eating my largest meal at around 3:00 p.m. I felt fine doing that.

At 8:00 p.m., I don't want to be eating a full meal.

by Anonymousreply 207September 17, 2023 7:13 PM

Well, there is this moment...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 18, 2023 12:07 AM

I always thought eating late was a sign of immaturity and lack of class. It's how college kids live.

by Anonymousreply 209September 18, 2023 1:58 AM

In Spain, southern Italy and Argentina, they eat very late. But they also take long afternoon siestas (although it is not as common in big cities). I'm not a fan, but I also feel strange eating dinner when it's still light outside.

by Anonymousreply 210September 18, 2023 2:24 AM

r205 Good lord you're an idiot

by Anonymousreply 211September 18, 2023 2:26 AM

I like to put ice cubes in wine if it’s not cold.

by Anonymousreply 212September 18, 2023 2:35 AM

[quote]Cheez Whiz makes a casserole better

R193 Velveeta works for me and is just as shameful.

by Anonymousreply 213September 18, 2023 3:31 AM

I like sweet wine.

I like frozen pizza.

by Anonymousreply 214September 18, 2023 3:42 AM

Astroglide will do in a pinch!

by Anonymousreply 215September 18, 2023 3:47 AM

What do you like more, r215? I bought some and it’s kind of slow.

by Anonymousreply 216September 18, 2023 3:54 AM

I love frozen Ellios pizza with cheese slices on top, slightly burned for 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 217September 18, 2023 5:03 AM

I love Splenda

by Anonymousreply 218September 18, 2023 5:13 AM

I don't really like sushi and I've never seen a Godfather movie. They look boring as hell and I have zero interest in the mafia.

by Anonymousreply 219September 18, 2023 6:13 PM

R210 the whole siesta thing varies, most people in the major cities that you named dont take naps. In Argentina at least its considered something people in the suburbs or the country do, not city folk.

by Anonymousreply 220September 18, 2023 6:57 PM

Is this a good place to mention how much I hate Microsoft. I'm considering it in the my 'most uncultured opinions' department.

by Anonymousreply 221September 19, 2023 6:17 PM

R221 Hatred for Microsoft isn't uncultured, it's deserved. Hatred for Apple would be considered uncultured, among sophisticated technophile gays.

by Anonymousreply 222September 19, 2023 6:20 PM

I've never ironed clothes in my life. If it's wrinkly, I'll toss it in the dryer for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 223September 20, 2023 1:23 AM

I enjoyed season 1 of "The Wire" but season 2 was just dull; I gave up halfway through it and never returned to the show.

by Anonymousreply 224September 20, 2023 2:51 AM

MM = Off my screen. She’s smoke and mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 225September 20, 2023 3:01 AM

I've never seen any of the classic gay movies like The Women and all of the Hitchcock movies - except for The Birds which I liked. I like the 80's and 90's musicals (Phantom, Miss Saigon, Les Miserable) and dont know any of the earlier shit with these actesses people adore.

by Anonymousreply 226September 20, 2023 3:39 AM

I echo those who love Phantom of the Opera and I consider it my favorite musical. I dont think any musical has resonated emotionally so well with people, especially at the end......Christine, I love youuuu......a horrible deformed, hopelessly lonely and utterly selfish man giving up everything that could make him happy for the 1st time in his life out of sefless love...mary!!!

by Anonymousreply 227September 20, 2023 3:48 AM

I love everything Mexican after this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228September 20, 2023 5:01 AM

I believe in linear time and object permanence.

by Anonymousreply 229September 20, 2023 5:30 AM

That trailer trash pie recipe from early this summer was really good. I made a guava version.

by Anonymousreply 230September 20, 2023 5:39 AM

I would rather 'pig out' on mac 'n cheese, than quiche anything.

Loverboy's 80's music has held up better than The Police and U2.

by Anonymousreply 231September 20, 2023 10:19 AM

[quote]I left Lincoln Center after the second act of Die Wallkure because a plate of short ribs at Shun Lee sounded more appealing.

Wagner operas are unbearable...just torture.

by Anonymousreply 232September 20, 2023 10:47 AM

[quote]I love Singapore Slings.

Me too!

(But then I love having my bussy wrecked in many countries.)

by Anonymousreply 233September 20, 2023 10:54 AM

If I didn't feel like I'd be shamed by my neighbors, I'd leave up my Christmas lights well into the next year. There's no such thing as "tasteful" Christmas decorating - the more over the top, the better. Ditto for Halloween.

I think Stephen King was once a great author and one of the best horror writers of all time. His later work is crap - maybe it's because he's wildly rich or he's now sober - but I've read some of his early works multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 234September 20, 2023 11:17 AM

I like Spam (usually turkey Spam), especially with scrambled eggs.

Everyone mocks pigs-in-a-blanket as an appetizer, but it's the one that always goes first.

by Anonymousreply 235September 20, 2023 12:17 PM

Pigs in a Blanket is a classic R235, fuck the haters.

by Anonymousreply 236September 20, 2023 12:25 PM

Musical theatre is boring.

Jordan Peele is massively overrated.

by Anonymousreply 237September 20, 2023 12:30 PM

I’m here, ain’t I?

by Anonymousreply 238September 20, 2023 12:36 PM

R144 and R233 say they love Singapore Slings. Me too!

In fact I tried to get one at a 4 different places only a month ago and there are none to be had because either the ingredient Bénédictine Liqueur or the cherry brandy (I forget which one they said but I think the Benedictine) is not commonly carried in the bars anymore. This to me is a sign of the imminent fall of a cultured civilization.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239September 20, 2023 4:26 PM

I still use AOL email.

by Anonymousreply 240September 20, 2023 4:54 PM

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 241September 20, 2023 5:08 PM

My husband makes fresh garlic bread & i’ll never eat it. Frozen garlic bread for me. The bagged loaf type - even texas toast is too classy for me.

by Anonymousreply 242September 20, 2023 5:09 PM

I also put ice cubes in my white wine if it's not cold enough. I don't really care for too many reds anymore, they usually taste like headaches, to me.

I like to put a little bit of mayo in my dips along with sour cream - I learned this from the Knorr dip packages and it works well.

I like to eat Texas Toast croutons as a snack.

I don't like opera at all... other than the famous pieces you hear all the time and not really even those...it's ear screeching and that high pitched noise hurts my head.

I am a native Angeleno and I'm finding I prefer visiting the desert and the mountains, to the ocean/beach. But a lake beach? Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 243September 20, 2023 5:39 PM

[quote]Wagner operas are unbearable...just torture.

It's no coincidence that Wagner was a favorite of Der Führer and the other Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 244September 20, 2023 5:58 PM

Except for margaritas and wine, I don’t enjoy alcohol. Never acquired a taste for it so I would not enjoy scotch on the rocks or a martini ect.

I was never able to appreciate the movie “The Sweet Hereafter.” Maybe now that I’m older I would, but the whole movie went straight over my head when I watched it back in the day. People raved about this film when it came out in the late 90’s.

by Anonymousreply 245September 20, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote]15 Hour Operas - Seriously

The Ring is meant to be seen over four days, R244.

by Anonymousreply 246September 20, 2023 6:18 PM

^ Ok, so it's still 15 hours long.

by Anonymousreply 247September 20, 2023 6:23 PM

I love those fluff salads like Watergate salad. Cherry fluff is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 248September 20, 2023 6:31 PM

I quick-chill wine and tequila in my freezer.

I make basic roast chicken for myself and guests. I just put some Lawry's Seasoning Salt on it and roast it. I hate shopping for ingredients that will only go to waste. I use dry seasonings instead of fresh.

I've started leaving my butter out on the counter after reading that it does not need to be refrigerated.

by Anonymousreply 249September 20, 2023 7:28 PM

R241, Sounds like Shakespeare is describing social media.

by Anonymousreply 250September 20, 2023 9:23 PM

Love it R241, we had to memorize a few pieces from a column A column B type list of the classics in High School and that was one of the ones I chose. It’s a great piece to ham it up to. Is a tendency to screech Shakespeare considered uncultured?

by Anonymousreply 251September 20, 2023 10:08 PM

I hate wine. I will take a sip of champagne when the occasion calls for it but that’s as far as it goes.

by Anonymousreply 252September 20, 2023 10:32 PM

Velveeta has its place in cheese soups and some mac and cheeses.

by Anonymousreply 253September 21, 2023 3:28 AM

The Velveeta of old, yes. But have you really eaten Velveeta in the past 15 years or so? It's awful. Something is different.

by Anonymousreply 254September 21, 2023 3:45 AM

there are a few insane clown posse songs that are camp and funny enough that I legitimately like them

by Anonymousreply 255September 21, 2023 3:47 AM

Most high fashion makes me laugh. I just can't stop concentrating on how impractical the "high-concept" looks are.

by Anonymousreply 256September 21, 2023 11:08 PM

I love white bread untoasted with butter. Can't stand whole wheat anything. I hate fish

by Anonymousreply 257September 22, 2023 12:42 AM

I dislike the taste of anything with alcohol. I'll drink socially because it's expected and I've been drunk in my youth and liked the feeling... but the actual taste of booze? Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 258September 22, 2023 1:18 AM

R235, A fried Spam sandwich with a slice of melted Kraft cheese, mayo, and tomatoes is the best.

by Anonymousreply 259September 22, 2023 4:01 AM

I love cool aid

by Anonymousreply 260September 22, 2023 4:41 AM

Sushi is nasty. Lemme get the chicken teriyaki.

by Anonymousreply 261September 22, 2023 11:36 AM

Idk if its uncultured, more like simple, but one of my favorte treats are regular old ice cream sandwiches....the cheap one you got in the lunch room cafeteria that are just that, sandwiches of vanilla icre cream between 2 square chocolate cookies.

by Anonymousreply 262September 22, 2023 6:57 PM

I love Ritz peanut butter crackers. And Cinnamon Toast Crunch. And Golden Grahams. And Frosted Flakes.

by Anonymousreply 263September 22, 2023 8:54 PM

I put ice cream on pop tarts, and serve it as a dessert.

by Anonymousreply 264September 23, 2023 12:17 AM

As long as you’ve toasted the pop tarts, that sounds delightful

by Anonymousreply 265September 23, 2023 12:28 AM

I like ketchup on my steak sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 266September 23, 2023 12:55 AM

The ocean is scary

by Anonymousreply 267September 23, 2023 1:12 AM

The Beatles. I hate the Beatles. Mediocre smug music. George was the only one I could stand.

by Anonymousreply 268September 23, 2023 1:33 AM

We were having fun, but you went too far r266.

by Anonymousreply 269September 23, 2023 3:38 AM

I sometimes listen to Nickelback.

by Anonymousreply 270September 23, 2023 5:21 AM

R103 But have you tried eating it with Miracle Whip?

by Anonymousreply 271September 23, 2023 5:50 AM

As much as I love classic homemade mashed potatoes, I am with you, R20. Instant mashed potatoes taste great—I don't give a fuck. They are also cheap, quick to prepare, and require only boiling water. They are frighteningly undemanding and yet are still satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 272September 23, 2023 5:55 AM

One of our special dinners when I was young was cube steak with mashed potatoes and creamed corn. And we ate it with ketchup, R266. I still look back on it with some fondness, even though I haven't had cube steak or creamed corn since.

by Anonymousreply 273September 23, 2023 5:59 AM

I’ve never had cubed steak that didn’t involve some sort of brown gravy r273.

Ketchup is absolutely my favorite condiment. I put it on my hotdogs as I despise mustard of any kind. I love cheap red wine and Jiffy cornbread slathered in margarine.

by Anonymousreply 274September 23, 2023 6:09 AM

I gather it usually was, but in my family, cube steak was pan fried and served with ketchup. It was a lot like eating a hamburger patty without the bun.

by Anonymousreply 275September 23, 2023 6:30 AM

I like creamed tuna on toast or rice.

by Anonymousreply 276September 23, 2023 7:10 AM

I really like BBQ sauce.

by Anonymousreply 277September 23, 2023 7:21 AM

I like Kraft Macaroni and cheese. I really like it with diced tomatoes in it, Kraft cheese square on the top all in a pyrex baking dish and then baked in the oven as a casserole.

by Anonymousreply 278September 23, 2023 10:58 PM

GoFundMe is the most ethical, moral method to encourage others to part with their superfluous cash.

by Anonymousreply 279September 23, 2023 11:07 PM

I thought I was the only one who ate croutons as a snack.

by Anonymousreply 280September 24, 2023 2:41 AM

I forget the brand, but there were Caesar flavored croutons that I used to snack on. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 281September 24, 2023 2:49 AM

Marie Callender?

Mrs. Cubbeson?

by Anonymousreply 282September 24, 2023 2:56 AM

Whatever’s on sale

by Anonymousreply 283September 24, 2023 3:03 AM

Spanking's not bad for every single child. If they're in the minority of kids who like to be cruel or hit for the fun of it (I don't think it always comes from parents-- sometimes kids are just mean) they should know what it feels like.

by Anonymousreply 284September 24, 2023 3:11 AM

R281 Perhaps they were Pepperiidge Farm? My sister and I used to eat both their Classic Seasoned and Caesar croutons out of the package like they were snack food. Mom was not pleased when she went looking for the croutons! .. I think they were the best. .. Pepperidge Farm had made them for years, but dropped the crouton product line at some point.

by Anonymousreply 285September 24, 2023 4:39 AM

Instant coffee will do in a pinch.

by Anonymousreply 286September 24, 2023 8:21 AM

Cheap prepared horseradish from the supermarket is great.

by Anonymousreply 287September 24, 2023 8:36 AM

Im.as liberal as it gets but just too many migrants, enough already , from Europe to the US Border, Canadian border, just too many.

by Anonymousreply 288September 24, 2023 3:50 PM

Yeah, right, very liberal.

by Anonymousreply 289September 24, 2023 3:52 PM

Well an uncultured liberal—per the thread title 🥴

by Anonymousreply 290September 24, 2023 3:53 PM

I sometimes eat croutons dipped in blue cheese dressing with a glass of red wine when I get hungry at night and watching some fav tv show.

by Anonymousreply 291September 24, 2023 5:01 PM

I love Marischino cherries.

by Anonymousreply 292September 24, 2023 5:10 PM

I was at a wedding reception for one of my sisters (at a gun club) this weekend and they served the port wine almond covered cheese ball as one of the appetizers. I thought of this thread of course.

by Anonymousreply 293September 24, 2023 5:51 PM

How many balls did you take into your mouth?

by Anonymousreply 294September 24, 2023 5:52 PM

However many you took dear R294 times zero.

by Anonymousreply 295September 24, 2023 5:56 PM

Oops. Sorry 🤕

by Anonymousreply 296September 24, 2023 5:57 PM

Get her Jade!

by Anonymousreply 297September 24, 2023 6:31 PM

What are you so sorry for R296?

by Anonymousreply 298September 24, 2023 6:32 PM

Because I failed to see the verified name. I can be bitchy and rude, but I’m not anti-L or some kind of misogynist. I try to own up to my misreading of various posts…should it happen.

by Anonymousreply 299September 24, 2023 6:36 PM

At a wedding reception a DJ is more fun than a band.

by Anonymousreply 300September 24, 2023 6:51 PM

Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 301September 24, 2023 6:54 PM

Apology happily accepted.

by Anonymousreply 302September 24, 2023 7:02 PM

The best reception i went to was in a RC church hall—beer, but no alcohol. The DJ played so much great Springsteen and classic rock, R&B and soul that no one realized we were sober the whole time (‘shroomers excepted).

by Anonymousreply 303September 24, 2023 7:05 PM

R302 😘

by Anonymousreply 304September 24, 2023 7:06 PM

R288, honestly curious - have the migrants had a direct effect on your daily life, or are you just horrified by what the TV or your grandpa says in front of his TV?

by Anonymousreply 305September 24, 2023 7:08 PM

R305 don’t engage …not worth it

by Anonymousreply 306September 24, 2023 7:17 PM

I avoid mayonnaise and opt for mustard in most instances. I am not particularly about the brand of mustard although the spicier type are better tasting

by Anonymousreply 307September 24, 2023 7:30 PM

Listening to opera is more entertaining than going to a performance which bores me to tears.

by Anonymousreply 308September 24, 2023 7:34 PM

R288, I seriously doubt you're "as liberal as it gets." You're a racist bigot, own it. Stop calling yourself a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 309September 24, 2023 7:41 PM

Musical theater is for cretins

by Anonymousreply 310September 24, 2023 8:26 PM

I'm not against migrant coming in per se. I am upset at the backlash it causes against liberal poltical parties/ leaders I support. The Maga/Trucker Convoy types have ambushed migrant/immigration crisis as the reason for their despair and attached their poltical lamentations to this so YES enough of them. They are causing societal divsions.

by Anonymousreply 311September 24, 2023 8:32 PM

[quote] The best reception i went to was in a RC church hall

What does RC mean?

by Anonymousreply 312September 24, 2023 8:51 PM

It’s a brand of cola, r312/Rose.

by Anonymousreply 313September 24, 2023 9:00 PM

You get one guess. Get it wrong = Auto-da-fé

by Anonymousreply 314September 24, 2023 9:02 PM

No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition R312.

by Anonymousreply 315September 24, 2023 9:36 PM

My Southern-raised heart adores mayonnaise. I think it is delicious and improves so many things, I would never eat cold cut sandwiches without it. But eating mayonnaise outside is disgusting. I don't know why, but mayo gets a fishy taste outdoors.

by Anonymousreply 316September 24, 2023 10:58 PM

R311, you're against further immigration because conservatives hate it so much? Why not put the blame where it belongs, on conservative bigotry and fearmongering and not on foreigners seeking a better life?

by Anonymousreply 317September 24, 2023 11:10 PM

R312 I'd assume Roman Catholic.

I love JFG mayonnaise because it's sweet. I guess I'm forever stuck in the south as it's hard to find anywhere else.. Lol

by Anonymousreply 318September 24, 2023 11:18 PM

R318 are you sure?🧐

by Anonymousreply 319September 24, 2023 11:46 PM

Once in a blue moon, I crave pussy.

by Anonymousreply 320September 25, 2023 12:17 AM

R320 How wet?

by Anonymousreply 321September 25, 2023 1:18 AM

Wetter than momma’s mussy on a prison yard slip-n-side?

by Anonymousreply 322September 25, 2023 2:35 AM

I listen to easy listening muzac when I work. It helps my blood pressure.

by Anonymousreply 323September 25, 2023 4:00 PM

lol I don’t know, R321. Normal wetness, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 324September 25, 2023 5:21 PM

Fried bologna sandwiches. I have one about every 5 to 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 325September 25, 2023 5:44 PM

This has been taken as both uncultured or good taste depending on who I talk to, but I fucking hate Tarantino movies

by Anonymousreply 326September 25, 2023 8:12 PM

I love Count Chocula.

by Anonymousreply 327September 25, 2023 8:16 PM

Yup, Count Chocula is good. Used to enjoy Boo-berry as well when that was still available.

by Anonymousreply 328September 25, 2023 8:44 PM

Same R327, I buy it every October and go down memory lane to the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 329September 26, 2023 3:25 AM

I like opera arias. Mostly female ones. I think I would be bored sitting through an entire opera.

by Anonymousreply 330September 26, 2023 3:35 AM

R327

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 26, 2023 4:40 AM

If you marinate cubed Spam in pineapple juice, soy sauce and pepper then crisp it a bit in an air fryer it is absolutely delicious.

Velveeta Mac and Cheese with ground beef and canned green beans combined together is a delicious comfort food.

by Anonymousreply 332September 26, 2023 5:53 AM

Pop tarts. Every now and then I go through a period of craving them.

by Anonymousreply 333September 26, 2023 12:07 PM

Grocery Store Pizza tastes better than Pizza Chain Pizzas

by Anonymousreply 334September 26, 2023 12:25 PM

R333, a toasted pop tart is a gift from the heavens.

by Anonymousreply 335September 26, 2023 12:40 PM

remember the original cinnamon w/white icing & strawberry plain

by Anonymousreply 336September 26, 2023 12:47 PM

I love McDonald's. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 337September 29, 2023 6:26 PM

McD’s crispy chicken, extra pickles and hot mustard is like eating Thai.

by Anonymousreply 338September 29, 2023 8:21 PM

I don't get why people like Picasso at all

by Anonymousreply 339September 30, 2023 9:16 PM

Contemporary art is all crap

by Anonymousreply 340September 30, 2023 9:49 PM

Art major here. I never liked Picasso or Braque. One day, in class, a teacher was showing us a slide of a Picasso, IIRC. Teacher said: "Oh, it's upside-down." Classmate said: "How can you tell."

That said, I do like Miró and Kandinsky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341September 30, 2023 9:58 PM

Agreed, R341. Kandinsky, DiChirico, Rothko, Tanguy, all favorites of mine, but not Picasso or Pollock.

by Anonymousreply 342October 11, 2023 4:44 AM

I know it’s simple to make your own tomato sauce and I do it all the time. But I also like Hunts brand garlic and herb tomato sauce in a can served with ground beef, over spaghetti and sprinkled with Kraft green can cheese.

by Anonymousreply 343October 12, 2023 1:42 AM

Renoir and Dreyer are my favorite movie directors and Bergman is my favorite stage director.

But Ann Margret gives the greatest performance by anyone in anything ever in Bye Bye Birdie.

by Anonymousreply 344October 12, 2023 2:08 AM

Since I qas a kis, I've never had dressing with my salad. I think it is unnecessary. I've never liked it

by Anonymousreply 345October 12, 2023 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!