Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Biden's age

I agree 1000 percent with this writer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601October 1, 2023 3:18 AM

He doesnโ€™t project an image of strength. He (accurately) reflects Americaโ€™s cognitive and physical decline.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2023 8:21 PM

Never mind that he has been the most effective president weโ€™ve had since Lyndon Johnson. Itโ€™s all about appearances.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2023 8:29 PM

Please shit in my mouth. PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2023 8:32 PM

How ironic.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Is that young whippersnapper Sen. John McCain too old to be president?

Listen to some Democrats, and you'll think the 71-year-old Arizona senator is a man lost in a perpetual fog. He is "confused" and has "lost his bearings" or is "out of touch."

Listen to the McCain campaign, and you'll be convinced that Democrats are using those terms to exploit concerns that the presumptive Republican nominee is too old to effectively serve as president.

For his part, McCain tends to answer questions about his age with quips such as, "I'm older than dirt and have more scars than Frankenstein, but I've learned a few things along the way."

The first salvo of the general election's age war may have been launched in May, when Sen. Barack Obama argued in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer that McCain had "lost his bearings" while pursuing the Republican nomination.

The McCain camp claimed that Obama's use of that phrase was "a not particularly clever way of raising John McCain's age as an issue."

Last Wednesday, the issue reemerged when McCain appeared on NBC's "Today" Show and argued, as he has before, that "it's not important" when troops return from Iraq as long as casualties are held to a minimum. Don't Miss

en. John Kerry, an Obama supporter, said in a hastily arranged conference call that McCain is "unbelievably out of touch" and that it "is really becoming more crystal clear... that John McCain simply doesn't understand [the conflict]. He confuses who Iran is training, he confuses what the makeup of al Qaeda is, [and] he confuses the history ... of what has happened between Sunni and Shia."

Susan Rice, one of Obama's top foreign policy advisers, said that McCain had demonstrated a "pattern of confusing the basic facts and reality that pertain to Iraq."

When asked if he was trying to highlight the age issue through his choice of words, Kerry said it was "unfair" and "ridiculous" to make such an assertion. Rice said she was simply highlighting the fact that, in her opinion, McCain has his facts wrong.

For its part, the McCain camp says Obama is the one who is confused.

"Clearly their use of the word 'confusion' had more to do with Barack Obama's complete inability to make sense of his failure to go to Iraq in over 870 days and have a one-on-one meeting with Gen. Petraeus while portraying himself as being informed on the topic," said McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds.

๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐ท๐‘’๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘‘ ๐‘”๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’๐‘ , ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘™๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก, ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ฆ ๐‘ฃ๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ , ๐‘€๐‘๐ถ๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘›'๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘”๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘™ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘›.

Roughly one-third of respondents in most recent national polls say that McCain's age could impede his ability to effectively govern the nation.

These percentages are in line with historical trends. Approximately one-third of voters expressed similar concerns about Bob Dole's age in 1996 and Ronald Reagan's age in 1984. (Dole was 73 years old in 1996. Reagan was 73 in 1984.)

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2023 8:35 PM

it's not about age; it's about cognitive decline. I know people in their 80s and 90s who are sharp and able to complete thoughts and sentences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2023 8:35 PM

R6 that cunt is a piece of shit pundit, not a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2023 8:42 PM

[quote] it's about cognitive decline

CNN fact-checker Daniel Dale this week said that President Joe Biden has an โ€œunfortunate patternโ€ of making false claims, including about visiting Ground Zero the day after the terror attacks on 9/11.

Anchor Brianna Keilar introduced the segment about Bidenโ€™s false claims on CNN News Central by showing a clip of the president earlier this week, the 22nd anniversary of the horrific and terrifying events of September 11, 2001.

Administration spokesman John Kirby awkwardly dodged a question about Bidenโ€™s false claim this week, and other stories like it have come up before, as CNN noted in the segment.

Keilar played a clip of Biden saying he visited the site the next day, Sept. 12, โ€œBut thatโ€™s not actually trueโ€ as she introduced Dale to fact-check the story.

โ€œWhen did Biden actually visit Ground Zero?โ€ Keilar asked.

โ€œHe went nine days after the attack, Brianna, September 20th, 2001, when he went with a bipartisan delegation of senators,โ€ Dale replied. โ€œI asked the White House last night about this claim. They provided a photo of him there on September 20th, reiterated that he was there that day.โ€

โ€œAnd maybe he forgot,โ€ he said. โ€œBut look, itโ€™s 9/11. Itโ€™s sensitive. Heโ€™s speaking to military and first responders. So, I think the facts matter.โ€

Not trivial, not a minor clerical oversight, but misrepresentation on an incredibly important and solemn event.

The two provided other examples, and Dale said โ€œthis president has a pattern at this point of either inventing or embellishing stories about his own past, his biography.โ€

โ€œWhatever his intentions, whether itโ€™s, you know, foggy memory about stuff thatโ€™s going on decades ago or deliberate embellishment, this is an unfortunate pattern that keeps coming up again and again with Joe Biden,โ€ he concluded.

One might note that, like the 9/11 lie, Bidenโ€™s false claims are almost always designed to put him at the center of important events, to make him a part of whatever is of significance to his target audience. A pattern of borrowing credibility on any given subject.

DALE: He had โ€“ this president has a pattern at this point of either inventing or embellishing stories about his own past, his biography.

He did it three times in one speech last month alone. He claimed he had witnessed a bridge collapse in Pittsburgh, when he actually showed up about 6 hours later. He claimed that his grandfather had died just days before he was born himself at the same hospital. In fact, his grandpa died more than a year before in a different state, not not the same hospital. And, and he also repeated a favorite false story that I and others have debunked over and over again about a supposed a conversation with an Amtrak train conductor he was friends with who was actually deceased at the time the conversation would have had to take place.

And thatโ€™s not all. There are some more serious ones, in my view. Previously in his presidency, he claimed at one point heโ€™d been arrested during a civil rights protest, when in other versions of the story, he just said an officer had taken him home from a protest. He said he had visited the Pittsburgh synagogue where worshipers were killed in a 2018 mass shooting. In fact, heโ€™d actually spoken to the rabbi, but never, but never went. And heโ€™s made a whole bunch of others, too. He said at one point that he used to drive a tractor trailer, used to drive an 18-wheeler. Never happened.

The White House later clarified he used to drive a school bus at one point, for, as a as a job, briefly. School bus, of course, not an 18-wheeler.

So, whatever his intentions, whether itโ€™s, you know, foggy memory about stuff thatโ€™s going on decades ago or deliberate embellishment, this is an unfortunate pattern that keeps coming up again and again with Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2023 8:54 PM

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2023 8:54 PM

When Hunterโ€™s laptop scandal first happened Joe dismissed it as Russian disinfo. Heโ€™s a typical politician. Just lie about anything and everything knowing the public are brain dead and the media will lose interest and move on the next day. Heโ€™s been correct as voters in Delaware kept lyinโ€™ Biden in office for decades and now heโ€™s been promoted to president!

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2023 9:09 PM

4 decades in politics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2023 11:16 PM

Plagarist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2023 11:19 PM

He was quite hot when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2023 11:26 PM

Did Hunter get his sizemeat from dad?

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2023 11:30 PM

When he was younger R13 yes but not in 1988.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2023 11:34 PM

That plagiarism charge was huge back then. Ah, simpler times. It would barely be a blip now post Trump. Trump cheapened and permanently damaged the office. And being that he fucked it up, I'll gladly take an old, sometimes doddering president with an excellent staff over any of the wanna be fascist younger Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2023 11:36 PM

r6...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2023 11:38 PM

Trump rode a golf cart at the G7

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2023 11:44 PM

Old dumpy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2023 11:45 PM

I don't really care if Joe is out there running marathons. America has got to get away from politicians serving into their 80s. Other world governments don't do it as much as we do. Overall its not a good a thing and younger people need to be involved in running the country.

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2023 11:45 PM

In an ideal world neither Trump or Biden would ever be President, but if it takes Biden to keep Trump out of office then whatever. How this nation went from Obama to Trump is still beyond me and the fact that Donald Trump was President of the United States is such an absurdity that if Sue Ellen had said it on Dallas in the 80s, JR would be calling Dr Rogers to get her admitted to the sanitarium again.

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2023 11:49 PM

R3 heโ€™s fine as a president. He has not accomplished more than any president since Lyndon Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2023 11:57 PM

[quote]I don't really care if Joe is out there running marathons. America has got to get away from politicians serving into their 80s.

We know that, r20. Those of us who live in the *here* and *now* realize the priority right now is to win '24. We can have that discussion afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2023 12:04 AM

R2 shows right up and regurgitates the Fox News talking points, impervious to the facts OP is serving up.

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2023 12:06 AM

[quote] How this nation went from Obama to Trump is still beyond me

Seriously? One directly led to another.

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2023 12:08 AM

R19 - didn't he also skip attending a WWII memorial in France because he basically didn't want to get his hair wet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2023 12:15 AM

R25 Obama was black and the MAGAs couldn't handle that

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2023 12:18 AM

Do some of you people ever look at alternative media or independent news media? Itโ€™s apparently the only place you can see Biden wandering offstage all the time with that frail-looking hands-out-front gesture, telling rambling, pointless stories to people in Maui, etc. MSNBC or whatever you watch is not going to show you this stuff. One would think youโ€™d want to be informed.

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2023 12:19 AM

R17 so I should judge Biden by comparing him to a former Reality TV star with no political experience? That still doesn't make Biden seem coherent. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2023 12:51 AM

with no political experience before 2016 that is.

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2023 12:53 AM

with age comes experience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2023 12:55 AM

I want to see Donald Trump try riding a bicycle like Biden does.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2023 12:59 AM

why does riding a bike make someone Presidential material R32?

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2023 1:02 AM

[Quote] I want to see Donald Trump try riding a bicycle like Biden does.

Anyone riding a bike like Joe Biden does is likely to get injured

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2023 1:08 AM

R33 Absolutely nothing. It's about the argument on age and health of Biden & Trump and whether their age is a detriment. Physically and mentally Joe Biden is obviously more fit than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2023 1:24 AM

I am Team Biden all the way. We must keep Trump out of the White House. There is no other option.

However, as effective as Biden has been as president, he needs some behind-the-scenes media training. He needs to learn how to appear more dynamic. He needs to speak up, articulate and not mumble or sound like grandpa. He needs to stop saying things like, "My dad used to say...or my dad used to tell me...or stop using phrases like "malarkey." Jesus Christ, he sounds like he's living in the 1800s. And Joe Biden's father is ancient history, and talking like this makes Joe seem older than dirt. Biden needs to stop being photographed at the beach bare-chested. Put on a goddamn T-shirt. Shirtless 80-year old men at the beach look 90! Or just stop going to the beach altogether. You look like you're about to trip in the sand. Joe--clear your throat and speak with command. Don't dawdle when you walk. Walk with a purpose. You sound and look like an old man rocking on your porch.

Lastly, start fighting back. Get out there an criticize Trump. Don't overdo it. You still have more than a year until the election. But ignoring Trump now is not working--and Americans like fighters. You have to fight back even if it's early.

I think Biden has been a great president. But it's all about perception. Trump is an old man too. But he's a punk asshole criminal who often comes across with vitality, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2023 1:30 AM

The Republicans have gained control over SCOTUS because they are team players. They backed a psychopath retard who can't read and is morbidly obese so can't walk, for president so they could push their batshit agenda. They are --even as we speak-- cozying up to actual Nazis to get their policies passed and threatening to kill people and their families, if they don't get their way.

GET OVER Biden's age. He is getting it done. More than any of your younger, prettier favs could. Grow the fuck up. Put America first, for fuckssake.

His success now means you'll actually have the opportunity to vote for those younger Democrats, in a few years instead of living in a fascist hell hole under King Trump.

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2023 1:33 AM

You don't change generals mid-war, and this is war. Do you naysayers have any idea of the horrors degenerate madman donald has planned for us? For the world, with the help of his friend Putin?

Wake up, people! "Never Again"

Biden/Harris 2024.

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2023 1:41 AM

Biden is surrounded by experienced experts, unlike Trump with his crooked cronies. I definitely prefer a Biden administration to a Trump one.

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2023 1:43 AM

R39 The fact that many people do not see the obvious distinction between the two is what upsets me the most.

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2023 1:45 AM

R35 Did you teach medicine at UPenn by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2023 1:48 AM

The election is still over a year away. So much can happen between now & then. We donโ€™t need an opinion poll conducted every day.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2023 2:00 AM

then disengage from all media OP

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2023 2:23 AM

I will gladly vote for Biden but are you serious OP he sounds completely senile EVERY time he speaks nearly , he just does, and maybe some older people aren't picking up on that because it's more normal in their social circles but it is alarming to everyone else

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2023 2:59 AM

[quote][R17] so I should judge Biden by comparing him to a former Reality TV star with no political experience?

r29 That's what I don't get. Being "better than Trump" isn't exactly a high bar, people.

This is what happens when you've dated scrubs most of your life and then finally get with someone who takes you out to eat...at Wendy's. Americans have low self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2023 4:28 AM

[quote]maybe some older people aren't picking up on that because it's more normal in their social circles but it is alarming to everyone else

You didn't have to go in on them like that. ๐Ÿ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2023 4:29 AM

Biden is it, and he's getting it done. Yes, he's old. I wish he weren't, but It's too late to select another Democratic candidate. Biden beat Trump before he can do it again. Trump's defeat is the one and only goal. Nothing else matters. Nothing. I am so pissed today with this Hunter Biden indictment. Hunter Biden is a piece of slime who has been undermining his father for years. The focus needs to remain on Biden and his reelection. Hunter is such a fuck-up. And I'm not giving him any sympathy for being an addict. He's fucking up the war against the Repigs.

We will lose our democracy if Trump were to win. This cannot happen.

by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2023 4:46 AM

Sadly, the average American is so out of touch with politics that the only people with national name recognition are Biden and Trump. Much of this is the fault of the media, but the other part is the keep up with the Jones mentality prevalent in our country, where people struggle and strive to appear to be doing as well or better than their neighbors while the corporate folks who control our lives lick the cream off of their whiskers. I pay pretty close attention to politics, but there was an ad on TV the other day (Doug Burgum) and for the first 30 seconds, I was like, "who the fuck is that? "? Vivek came out of nowhere, and I hope he quickly returns there. Californians would recognize Gavin Newsome, but someone in Missouri? probably not. If there were a bank of young or middle-aged Democrats with nationwide name -recognition, I'd be all for a contested run for President. Conor Lamb running against Trump? Nope. Seth Moulton running against Trump? Nope. I like Jennifer Granholm AND Gretchen Whitmer. Against Trump? Nope. Not for lack of ability or smarts. A simple problem of lack of national name recognition. Ocasio-Cortez in a one-on-one against Marjorie Taylor Greene. Hell, I'd pay money to see that match-up, but it's never gonna happen - plus it would pit the outer edges of the parties against one another, not doing the folks in the center of either party any good. (Not that there are any centrist Republicans left).

by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2023 5:08 AM

[Quote] [R6] that cunt is a piece of shit pundit, not a journalist.

What difference does it make R7?

PUNDIT-an expert in a particular subject or field who is frequently called on to give opinions about it to the public:

by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2023 5:54 AM

Way to go Mitt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2023 6:16 AM

[quote] If there were a bank of young or middle-aged Democrats with nationwide name -recognition, I'd be all for a contested run for President.

I agree. I think it's probably too late now to run anyone but Biden against someone like Trump. When I hear pundits mention possibilities like a Whitmer/Warnock ticket, I can see how that could be a strong ticket, but most Americans would wonder who the hell those "nobodies" are. I do wish the Democrats had spent a little more time over the past 4 years trying to groom someone else in case Biden and Harris were sidelined, and I hope they don't wait until 2027 to start grooming possible contenders for 2028. The Democrats have a deep bench, but most Americans aren't familiar with any of them.

by Anonymousreply 51September 15, 2023 6:24 AM

Rita's reality โœ”๏ธ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 15, 2023 6:24 AM

[quote]Biden is surrounded by experienced experts

That's because he's chosen to be around those particular experienced experts, which is something that's not necessarily guaranteed with a different Democrat running in his place.

by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2023 9:13 AM

. . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2023 9:33 AM

[quote]He doesnโ€™t project an image of strength. He (accurately) reflects Americaโ€™s cognitive and physical decline.

No, asshole. Donald Trump reflects America's cognitive, physical and moral decline.

by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2023 9:38 AM

St. Petersburg keyboard warriors, hello!

by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2023 9:43 AM

[quote] You don't change generals mid-war,

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2023 11:10 AM

Bullshit yourself, Abe Lincoln @ R57.

How did the presidency of Andrew Johnson turn out for the country?

by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2023 11:44 AM

OP - Of course you are, dear. By comparison he's a child to you. Curious, how many of the 34 topic WWs were yours? That's an awful lot in 16 overnight hours...

by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2023 12:02 PM

R58. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2023 12:22 PM

If only Kamala Harris would step down and let Gavin Newsom step in.

by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2023 5:45 PM

To the sad, morbidly obese cunt at R59 - I don't WW my own posts, because I have no fucks to give about how many WWs I get. I don't live for others to validate my opinion, as you seem to do.

I'm probably younger than you, too.

Any other massively stupid shit you'd like to accuse me of or spew out from your corroded cooch hole?

by Anonymousreply 62September 15, 2023 5:48 PM

R61, Will Gavin convince Willie Brown to go public with a humiliating sex tape from when Willie and Kamala were together?

by Anonymousreply 63September 15, 2023 7:00 PM

No, R63.

You'll just have to keep fapping to that imagery in your fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 64September 15, 2023 7:18 PM

R1

by Anonymousreply 65September 15, 2023 8:34 PM

[QUOTE] To the sad, morbidly obese cunt at [R59] - I don't WW my own posts, because I have no fucks to give about how many WWs I get. I don't live for others to validate my opinion, as you seem to do. I'm probably younger than you, too. Any other massively stupid shit you'd like to accuse me of or spew out from your corroded cooch hole?

Clearly you don't care. That's perfectly evident by your eloquent and mature response. LOL

by Anonymousreply 66September 15, 2023 9:29 PM

P.S., R65 - You sound EXACTLY like the kind of weirdo who WW's his own post 34 times in a row. Look at that, it's only gone up 7 more after 10 hours of daytime viewing by the majority of posters. (wink wink)

by Anonymousreply 67September 15, 2023 9:31 PM

R54 Joe dropped out of the 1988 Presidential race after accusations of plagarism and lying about his academic record

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 15, 2023 10:13 PM

[quote]I do wish the Democrats had spent a little more time over the past 4 years trying to groom someone else in case Biden and Harris were sidelined

R51. Good idea in theory, but it wouldn't work in reality. Either you are with an incumbent president (who almost always runs for reelection), or you're against him. Unfortunately, you cannot be grooming someone to take an incumbent's place; otherwise, it looks like you're backing another candidate other than the current president. If another candidate wants to be "groomed," then he or she has to take steps to appear on the national stage on his/her own--almost like something Gavin Newsom is doing without actually declaring his candidacy for 2024. Plus Newsom is somewhat subtle in being "out there" now. He's getting his name familiar with the public now for a possible 2028 run.

Yes, Biden is old. Get used to it. Biden is effective, but he must get out there and fight back sooner rather than later. Trump is old too. If you've noticed with most politicians, they don't give up power easily. Even Mitt Romney at 77 should have retired a few years ago, and he's one of the vital ones. There are not many other companies in the world who would still have employees roaming the halls after 75. I cannot stand Nikki Haley, but she was right when she called the Senate the 'most privileged nursing home in the country.' I love Nancy Pelosi; I'm glad she's there. But it is a dilemma. Mitch McConnell is freezing in his speech and won't leave. Chuck Grassley is 89 and says he's running for reelection.

The unique situation now is that I believe Biden is the only one who can defeat Trump. And the number one focus and priority must be to defeat Trump. We simply cannot have Trump again if we want to preserve our democracy. So we must suck it up and vote for Biden. Trump must be kicked in the nuts to ensure he exits the stage.

by Anonymousreply 69September 15, 2023 10:51 PM

r68 Yikes. The people who were adults in 1988 and still voted for him in 2020 must also be going senile. Millennials and Gen Z have an excuse. We were only babies or not even born yet. His peak was as VP during the Obama era.

by Anonymousreply 70September 15, 2023 10:53 PM

R70 many voters forgot or didn't know in 2020 when Joe was the only alternative to Trump. I was 22 in 1987 and never heard of Biden until he ran as VP under Obama.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2023 3:52 AM

OP it's not going to go away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2023 4:02 AM

Oh, no! The Saudis think Biden is old! We definitely need to factor in their opinion!

Thanks for the YouTube link, Jared. And just after the 9/11 anniversary, too. Really great thinking, sis.

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2023 4:34 AM

I'm so fucking tired of hearing about this thread "I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Biden's age."

Oops...I mean, I'm so fucking tired of seeing this thread "I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Biden's age" on the recent threads sidebar.

Seriously, how much more about this topic is there for it to keep being such a commented on thread.

by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2023 4:39 AM

I feel the same way about the Andy Cohen threads, R74. So I block them all.

by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2023 4:40 AM

R73 doesn't that parody indicate that Biden's gaffes are known worldwide? Your absurd if you're think posting that is showing support for the Saudis. And since you brought up 9/11 Biden chose to travel to Alaska instead of NYC on 9/11. Was he trying to avoid Eric Adams and Gov. Hochul? btw having such open borders is allowing terrorists to enter this country unchecked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2023 4:55 AM

you're absurd

by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2023 4:56 AM

R68 - Even worse are the eldergays whose senility had eclipsed his racist history in the early 70s. Kamala was on to something during the debates, but let it go when he dangled the VP seat in front of her. But it's all good, he said he was sorry for it all.

by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2023 3:21 PM

Joe Biden always was a bit gaffe prone, even 30 plus years ago. If Biden's age is a disqualification then so is Trump.

by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2023 3:49 PM

it's not about age R79 but mental decline. Biden made noted gaffes before he was President but now, he's clearly confused and lost.

In the video below compiled of clips from just a few years ago he made gaffes, but he was still so much more alert and able to speak without halting and trailing off which is not the case now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2023 4:02 PM

Then vote for Trump

by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2023 4:43 PM

It doesn't matter if Joe Biden is 100 and on life support. Most of us still wouldn't vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2023 4:50 PM

R81 sad comment that neither the Dems nor the Reps can come up with more viable candidates.

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2023 5:07 PM

R82 define 'us' Sybil

by Anonymousreply 84September 16, 2023 5:07 PM

R84 DL'ers

by Anonymousreply 85September 16, 2023 5:09 PM

did you take a poll R85? And what % of voters are represented on DL? Your hyperbolic statement @R82 does not represent they way many people think or feel. DL is not representative of the feelings of many people I know. My co workers, friends, family, neighbors . . .all have differing outlooks, situations and concerns.

by Anonymousreply 86September 16, 2023 5:18 PM

[QUOTE] It doesn't matter if Joe Biden is 100 and on life support. Most of us still wouldn't vote for Trump.

It's a limited mind which cannot accept criticism without whataboutism. No one mentioned Trump, let alone voting for him. Personally, I think he'll be in prison before 2024. I've disliked Biden since the 80s when I was first voting. I ended up with Dukakis simply because Bush elder was even more repulsive, but I really liked Tsongas.

by Anonymousreply 87September 16, 2023 7:46 PM

looking at that video @ R80 the general media was much more critical of Joe before he become the Democratic Presidential Candidate and so was Kamala before she become the VP nominee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 16, 2023 8:00 PM

[Quote] Thanks for the YouTube link, Jared. And just after the 9/11 anniversary, too. Really great thinking, sis

R73 here's a disturbing report sis from 9/14/23

stop living in a bubble!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 16, 2023 10:08 PM

[quote]I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Biden's age

Couldn't agree with you more. But we had better get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 90September 16, 2023 10:10 PM

[Quote]Thanks for the YouTube link, Jared. And just after the 9/11 anniversary, too. Really great thinking, sis.

R73 here's a disturbing report sis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 16, 2023 10:12 PM

Bet Biden couldn't do any of this. Thankfully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 16, 2023 10:14 PM

With just over a year to the next presidential election, Biden is currently the only likely prominent Democrat who can beat Trump, so arguing about his age is not helping the situation. Trump winning in 2024 will definitely mean the end of Democracy in the US. Absolutely no hyperbole. After Biden wins in 2024, you can start grass root efforts to find a much younger viable Democratic candidate for 2028.

by Anonymousreply 93September 16, 2023 10:14 PM

Sorry OP but this is just getting started. Biden's dismal performance in Vietnam last week, and then the comments he made about Black and Hispanics that the white house tried to excise. Better get used to people talking about his age and cognition if he keeps this up.

by Anonymousreply 94September 16, 2023 10:15 PM

Not a fan of Joe (at all), but one thing I will say for him. Back in the '80s when he was running the first time he did an interview with 60 Minutes, I think. And during the interview the person asked if he would become president one day and Joe replied "I KNOW I will". And something in that made me believe him and always stuck with me. And he did it.

by Anonymousreply 95September 16, 2023 10:31 PM

White House once again has to rewrite the official record of Joe's racist gaffe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 16, 2023 11:09 PM

R32 Yeah, too bad FDR couldn't ride a bike like Biden can.

by Anonymousreply 97September 16, 2023 11:32 PM

R93 God knows I don't want Trump as President but who fed you this? We don't have Democracy any more, anyway, the Democrats and Republicans both serve the corporations, not the concerns of the voters. It's an oligarchy. And why would Trump be able to make himself a dictator? He didn't do it the first time. If the conservatives intended to overthrow the government on 1/6 they would have brought rocket launchers and bombs.

by Anonymousreply 98September 16, 2023 11:37 PM

[quote] Trump winning in 2024 will definitely mean the end of Democracy in the US.

I keep hearing this talking point. Please, explain because such statements sound like propaganda spewed from demented partisans. There's plenty to dislike about Trump, but ending Democracy somehow doesn't seem in the cards.

by Anonymousreply 99September 17, 2023 12:13 AM

[quote] I keep hearing this talking point. Please, explain because such statements sound like propaganda spewed from demented partisans.

Because, SHUT UP. That's why.

by Anonymousreply 100September 17, 2023 12:35 AM

{QUOTE] Because, SHUT UP. That's why.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 101September 17, 2023 12:46 AM

R3 How?

by Anonymousreply 102September 17, 2023 12:51 AM

He's muddling through. I'm beginning to think he's not going to last much longer. In the clip it's notable that Al Sharpton is nodding his head in agreement even though Biden isn't making much sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Megyn Kelly, r103? Lol, bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 104September 17, 2023 1:50 AM

Good for Megyn Kelly letting Joe's own words randomly babble for themselves

by Anonymousreply 105September 17, 2023 2:05 AM

I don't care how old a person is as long as they still have possess their cognitive ability. FDR proved that physical limitations doesn't matter as long as a person's brain is functioning at optimal capacity. Biden and Feinstein are being propped up by staffers who don't want to lose their paycheck prior to full retirement. It's pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 106September 17, 2023 2:06 AM

[QUOTE] I was 22 in 1987 and never heard of Biden until he ran as VP under Obama.

WHAT?!

by Anonymousreply 107September 17, 2023 2:15 AM

I still can't believe that Biden's plagiarism wasn't a big deal during the election. I don't think Trump even brought it up but he was probably ignorant of it. I wonder how many of us voted for Joe out of fear for another Trump term. I knew Joe had lied often in the past -- as previous posters have acknowledged -- but because of his sad life story he always got a pass from the press. He's just wrong as President but whatcha gonna do when he's the best Dems have to offer?

by Anonymousreply 108September 17, 2023 2:22 AM

Oh c'mon, r108, this is DL. Put some effort into it. A little stealth. You're trolling is amateur hour.

by Anonymousreply 109September 17, 2023 2:34 AM

Hey r108...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 17, 2023 2:56 AM

R104 actually it's not about Megyn Kelly but the video of Biden which speaks for itself. Nice try at diversion though. Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 111September 17, 2023 3:02 AM

^ r111 Sure, Jan. See r110.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 17, 2023 3:07 AM

[QUOTE]Because, SHUT UP. That's why.

New DL meme?

by Anonymousreply 113September 17, 2023 3:10 AM

Bless your heart R112 It's still not about Megyn Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 114September 17, 2023 3:35 AM

Sponsored by Megyn Kelly no doubt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Like the previous First Lady, I'm sure Jill and Joe sleep in separate chambers. The old man smell must be killer.

by Anonymousreply 116September 17, 2023 3:39 AM

Sponsored by ฬถMฬถeฬถgฬถyฬถnฬถ ฬถKฬถeฬถlฬถlฬถyฬถ ๐บ๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ค๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ no doubt

by Anonymousreply 117September 17, 2023 3:54 AM

Good one R117

by Anonymousreply 118September 17, 2023 3:55 AM

I know it doesn't do any good to dwell on the past, but I wish Biden had run in 2016. I know some of you bitches will disagree, but I think Biden would have run a stronger campaign against Trump in 2016 than Hillary did, and I think Biden would have eked out a narrow electoral college victory. If Biden had beaten Trump in 2016, the Republicans would have concluded that nominating Trump was a mistake, and they would have kicked Trump to the curb. Trump would not have gone quietly into the night, but without the power of the presidency, he never would have been able to develop the massive cult following that he has now. If Biden had won in 2016, he would have been president when COVID happened, and he would have dealt with the crisis much better than Trump did. It would have played into Biden's strengths as a compassionate leader, leading him to easy re-election in 2020. With Biden in his second term, we could have spent these past 4 years grooming possible successors.

by Anonymousreply 119September 17, 2023 5:39 AM

[quote] I wish Biden had run in 2016

Biden was wise to sit out 2016. He wanted to live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 17, 2023 6:08 AM

๐‰๐จ๐ž ๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐”๐ฉ ๐š ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ

WASHINGTON โ€” President Biden told a group of rabbis on Thursday that he was โ€œraised in the synagoguesโ€ of Delaware โ€” after previously claiming to have been raised by the stateโ€™s then-tiny Puerto Rican community.

โ€œI, you might say, was raised in the synagogues of my state. You think Iโ€™m kidding, Iโ€™m not,โ€ Biden said during a call ahead of Rosh HaShanah, the Jewish new year holiday that begins Friday.

Bidenโ€™s 2007 memoir โ€œPromises to Keepโ€ doesnโ€™t contain a single use of the word โ€œsynagogueโ€ and its seven uses of the words โ€œJewsโ€ and โ€œJewishโ€ all are when discussing history or politics. Beth Shalom is not mentioned. His 2017 book โ€œPromise Me, Dadโ€ has similarly sparse mentions of Judaism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 17, 2023 6:37 AM

Joe should have been a creative writer.

by Anonymousreply 122September 17, 2023 12:52 PM

R119 if you're going to live in the past how about a scenario that had Hilary as Prez in 2008 with Obama as VP and Obama running for Prez in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 123September 17, 2023 1:25 PM

R122 - Every word he writes is a lie, includes the words "and" and "the".

by Anonymousreply 124September 17, 2023 1:43 PM

They can't come after him on his record so they come after him on his shitty bad apple son and his age. They did the same to Clinton. She is crooked. She is crooked. She is crooked. If you repeat a lie enough it becomes true. He's too old, he's too old, he's too old. Nevermind he has been doing a fantastic job as president.

by Anonymousreply 125September 17, 2023 1:48 PM

Sorry OP:

[quote]As President Biden shifts his re-election campaign into higher gear, the strength of his candidacy is being tested by a striking divide between Democratic leaders, who are overwhelmingly unified behind his bid, and rank-and-file voters in the party who harbor persistent doubts about whether he is their best option.

[quote]โ€œThe voters donโ€™t want this, and thatโ€™s in poll after poll after poll,โ€ said James Carville, a longtime party strategist, who worries that a lack of enthusiasm for Mr. Biden could lead to lower Democratic turnout in 2024. โ€œYou canโ€™t look at what you look at and not feel some apprehension here.โ€

Today's NYT.

by Anonymousreply 126September 17, 2023 2:05 PM

[Quote] I was 22 in 1987 and never heard of Biden until he ran as VP under Obama.

[Quote] WHAT?!

R107 I lived in NY from 1988-2006 having the time of my life going to Broadway shows, clubs, restaurants . . .when NY was in full swing and was a gay mecca. I was in my 20s and 30s then and working full time. It was also the AIDS era as well. Do you think Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. who represented Delaware in the United States Senate from 1973 -2009 was anyone's radar? He was not by any means a national figure and rarely mentioned in the news.

by Anonymousreply 127September 17, 2023 2:12 PM

was on anyone's radar

by Anonymousreply 128September 17, 2023 2:12 PM

R119 Woulda shoulda coulda

by Anonymousreply 129September 17, 2023 2:13 PM

R127 Huh? He ran for the nomination in 1988. He was in the news quite a lot, especially after the allegations of plagiarism on the campaign trail, and lying about his law school record. Maybe Iโ€™m misunderstanding your post. He oversaw the Senate hearings for Supreme Court nominees Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas - both contentious hearings that were national news. 1987 and 1991.

by Anonymousreply 130September 17, 2023 2:22 PM

[quote] He was not by any means a national figure and rarely mentioned in the news.

But when he was mentioned on the news it mainly was the media pointing and laughing at his presidential candidacy winning zero delegates in the primaries, , pointing and laughing at his hair plugs, or pointing and laughing about his lack of ethics and honesty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 17, 2023 2:33 PM

R130 R131 Do you think I spent my 20s and 30s watching TV when I lived in NYC where there was so much to do? Bush, Reagan, the Clintons, Monica Lewinsky, Kotch, AIDS, Hilary, Donald and Ivanka, Rudy Giuliani, the 1993 attack on the WTC . . .were always in the headlines not Biden. Biden was never mentioned or discussed by my friends or colleagues at work.

by Anonymousreply 132September 17, 2023 2:48 PM

Biden was on Meet the Press and Face The Nation numerous times, he was one of the most well-known US Senators, he introduced the notorious โ€œCrime Billโ€ and headed the Senate Judiciary Committee (when he wasnโ€™t a ranking member). He also made the news for having two brain aneurisms in the late 80s.

by Anonymousreply 133September 17, 2023 2:51 PM

R127 doesn't follow the news. He'd probably have to resort to Google to even name who was President between 1988-2006.

by Anonymousreply 134September 17, 2023 2:51 PM

R132 Oh, of course not, sweetie, continue to be proud of having been young and uninformed.

by Anonymousreply 135September 17, 2023 2:53 PM

He was a good ol' boy!

by Anonymousreply 136September 17, 2023 2:53 PM

Even when people discussed Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill back in the day no one brought up Biden's name.

by Anonymousreply 137September 17, 2023 2:57 PM

[Quote] Oh, of course not, sweetie, continue to be proud of having been young and uninformed.

Better that then having no life and concerning myself with a Senator from Delaware.

by Anonymousreply 138September 17, 2023 2:59 PM

Maybe I was born too early. R138

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 17, 2023 3:04 PM

He doesn't tell lies. Not mean ones anyway.

He's just our dear old Joe.

by Anonymousreply 140September 17, 2023 3:05 PM

Who are all these posters who only heard of Biden until he ran as Obama's running mate?

I was in high school when he ran in '88 and I knew who who he was then.

by Anonymousreply 141September 17, 2023 3:07 PM

You aren't fooling anybody, troll @ r121. Lol, your specious links give you away every time.

by Anonymousreply 142September 17, 2023 3:11 PM

R127 = bubble-headed Yass Queen

by Anonymousreply 143September 17, 2023 3:11 PM

R141 and how did knowing about Joe Biden help you in life? Did your social studies teachers talk about him? Was he discussed around the dinner table? You must have been fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 144September 17, 2023 3:13 PM

^ Yass Queen alert.

by Anonymousreply 145September 17, 2023 3:15 PM

R141 Since you knew about Biden for years did you vote for him in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 146September 17, 2023 3:17 PM

The problem is that you [R127] claimed,

[quote] Do you think Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. who represented Delaware in the United States Senate from 1973 -2009 was anyone's radar? He was not by any means a national figure and rarely mentioned in the news.

If you werenโ€™t paying attention, so be it. Thatโ€™s your privilege. But a lot of that is simply wrong, so thatโ€™s what people have been commenting on.

by Anonymousreply 147September 17, 2023 3:25 PM

Im sick of it too

by Anonymousreply 148September 17, 2023 3:29 PM

What was there to pay attention to R147? Those clips resurfaced on the internet when Joe became Obama's pick for VP and again when he ran for President not because he was a well-known political figure back in the day. Biden was a senator for decades who was never discussed much.

by Anonymousreply 149September 17, 2023 3:31 PM

What clips? I lived through it, it was more than clips. It was on the nightly news, and The McLaughlin Group, etc. I donโ€™t get your argument. Biden ran for the Dem nomination and that was well known at the time. Just like RFK Jr.or Marianne Williamson are running for the Dem nomination today. Have you heard of them?

by Anonymousreply 150September 17, 2023 3:45 PM

I want the right person for the job. He is doing the job exceedingly well. Despite the MAGA Republicans in Congress, whom he outmaneuvers at every turn. I mean the GOP elects Marjorie Taylor Green and Laruen 'handjob" Bobert. Who the fuck are they to judge?

by Anonymousreply 151September 17, 2023 3:47 PM

Sounds like you have had one exciting life R150 Are you still in mom's basement?

by Anonymousreply 152September 17, 2023 4:00 PM

Meet Joe Biden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 17, 2023 4:08 PM

R152 It the time you cite I was an actor, so I wasnโ€™t just going to shows, like you, I was in shows, which might constitute an โ€œexcitingโ€ life to some people, but it didnโ€™t mean I coldnโ€™t pck up a newspaper of watch the nightly news.

by Anonymousreply 154September 17, 2023 4:31 PM

*pick up a newspaper or watch the nightly news

by Anonymousreply 155September 17, 2023 4:32 PM

I also spoke with other people who were interested in the news, like my friends or my family.

Thatโ€™s it, now Iโ€™m done.

by Anonymousreply 156September 17, 2023 4:34 PM

Until he became Obama's choice for VP Biden was never discussed, interviewed or talked about the way say Monica Lewinsky was a name and story you couldn't overlook in the 90s. And she didn't spend 36 years in the senate.

by Anonymousreply 157September 17, 2023 4:45 PM

Obama chose Biden as his running mate because Biden was one of the candidates running against Obama for the nomination that year. Again if you never heard of him before he was chosen by Obama ou were paying no attention to the Democratic primaries and it doesnโ€™t mean no one heard of Joe Biden before that.

by Anonymousreply 158September 17, 2023 5:50 PM

*you

by Anonymousreply 159September 17, 2023 5:51 PM

[quote]There's plenty to dislike about Trump, but ending Democracy somehow doesn't seem in the cards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 17, 2023 6:01 PM

Gee itโ€™s a shame the Dems didnโ€™t nominate someone who was more popular, and instead Obama had to orchestrate Klobuchar and Buttigieg dropping out to secure Biden the nomination over Sanders and kill Sandersโ€™ momentum. Now theyโ€™ve got sleepy, senile, unpopular Joe to go up against Trump and itโ€™s their own fault.

by Anonymousreply 161September 17, 2023 6:09 PM

OP - Itโ€™s not his age but the fact that heโ€™s now

SENILE

by Anonymousreply 162September 17, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote]OP - Itโ€™s not his age but the fact that heโ€™s now SENILE

Says no one that actually spends time with him. Meanwhile ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 17, 2023 6:20 PM

Trump's condition doesn't make Biden's seem OK and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 164September 17, 2023 6:26 PM

Why are all of your posts so puerile, r162?

by Anonymousreply 165September 17, 2023 6:27 PM

Puerile, yet accurate.

by Anonymousreply 166September 17, 2023 6:29 PM

r166...Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 17, 2023 6:34 PM

[quote]Trump's condition doesn't make Biden's seem OK and vice versa.

Nobody in Biden's orbit thinks he has a "condition." Plenty of people in Trump's orbit think he's stupid, venal, narcissistic, mendacious, delusional and possibly suffering from dementia.

by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2023 6:36 PM

Unfortunately, the poor trolls can't erase Biden's historic accomplishments thus far. Poor trolls.

by Anonymousreply 169September 17, 2023 6:39 PM

[Quote] Nobody in Biden's orbit thinks he has a "condition."

Nobody in Biden's orbit would acknowledge that.

by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2023 6:43 PM

[quote]Nobody in Biden's orbit would acknowledge that.

Republicans would. Yet they acknowledge that they were outsmarted by Biden in last May's debt ceiling standoff. If he's senile, what does that make them?

by Anonymousreply 171September 17, 2023 6:53 PM

Lol, r170, see169.

by Anonymousreply 172September 17, 2023 6:53 PM

^r169

by Anonymousreply 173September 17, 2023 6:54 PM

I havent seen the orange blob do anything but shit his fat boy slacks on the golf course...I guess deplorables call that fit

by Anonymousreply 174September 17, 2023 6:55 PM

Julian Castro to Biden "Are you forgetting what you said two minutes ago?" @1:03

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 17, 2023 9:08 PM

This time, we donโ€™t even have the luxury of relief. In the two other branches of government, Democrats have been shown the perils of holding people in positions of power for too long โ€” Ruth Bader Ginsburg in the judiciary and Dianne Feinstein in the legislature. Democrats and the media seem to have become more vocal in pointing out the hazards of Bidenโ€™s advancing age. In an April poll, of the 70 percent of Americans who said Biden shouldnโ€™t run again, 69 percent said itโ€™s because of his old age.

That old age is showing. Never an incantatory speaker or a sparkling wit, Biden seems to have altogether thrown in the oratorical towel. Several weeks ago, he appeared to actually wander off a set on MSNBC after figuratively wandering through 20 minutes of the host Nicolle Wallaceโ€™s gentle questions. In another recent interview, with Fareed Zakaria, when asked specific questions about U.S.-China policy, Biden waded into a muddle of vague bromides and personal anecdotes about his travels as vice president with Chinaโ€™s leader, Xi Jinping. When asked point blank whether itโ€™s time for him to step aside, Biden said, almost tangentially, โ€œI just want to finish the job.โ€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 17, 2023 9:37 PM

The one who should have waited was Obama.

by Anonymousreply 177September 17, 2023 11:35 PM

Thank you, R160. I'm the one who posted the question initially. Is this an actual news piece or an opinion piece? I do see some quoted Right wing spokespersons but what they're quoted as saying doesn't really match up with what the writer is extrapolating.

To me the article sounds like the usual Republican stance of small Federal government, slashing bureaucracy and cutting taxes. The writer paints a far more alarmist picture bordering on hysteria. I'm being serious here -- if there really is a threat to Democracy then obviously I would be concerned and fight against that, but I don't see any validity in those further Left claims, and I don't see them either when my Right wing family drones on about Biden (or Obama) pushing us towards Communism. To me both claims are extreme and unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 178September 17, 2023 11:45 PM

[Quote]What clips? I lived through it, it was more than clips. It was on the nightly news, and The McLaughlin Group, etc. I donโ€™t get your argument. Biden ran for the Dem nomination and that was well known at the time. Just like RFK Jr.or Marianne Williamson are running for the Dem nomination today. Have you heard of them?

as well-known as Ellen DeGeneres, Monica Lewinsky, Nancy and Ron Reagan, Bill and Hilary, Rudy Guiliani, Ed Koch, Ivana and Donald Trump, George Bush, Oprah Winfrey . . .? Biden was hardly a regular topic of discussion during his 36 years in the senate.

by Anonymousreply 179September 17, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote]Gee itโ€™s a shame the Dems didnโ€™t nominate someone who was more popular, and instead Obama had to orchestrate Klobuchar and Buttigieg dropping out to secure Biden the nomination over Sanders and kill Sandersโ€™ momentum. Now theyโ€™ve got sleepy, senile, unpopular Joe to go up against Trump and itโ€™s their own fault.

Welcome to DL, Kari Lake.

by Anonymousreply 180September 17, 2023 11:53 PM

R141 was Biden ever on the cover of George, The New Republic, Esquire, People, Vanity Fair, The Week, Mother Jones, Rolling Stone, Z, Time, Life, Look, Newsweek, The Monthly, The Atlantic, the nation, The National Review, The Spectator, Forbes . . or any magazine from 1973 till 2008 when he was announced as Obama's running mate. You seem to think he was a major national figure because you knew about him in high school.

by Anonymousreply 181September 18, 2023 12:20 AM

'For those who don't remember or weren't around in 1987 . . .'

He announced his intention to run in June and withdrew in September of that same year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182September 18, 2023 12:37 AM

R157 that is not true at all. He's been in congress since 1972, was prominent in the 80s and then in the Clarence Thomas hearings.

by Anonymousreply 183September 18, 2023 1:09 AM

R181 sounds like some dizzy Club Kid. Seriously you get your political news from the cover of the Rolling Stone?

by Anonymousreply 184September 18, 2023 1:11 AM

As my grandmother would have said Trump is no spring chicken.

by Anonymousreply 185September 18, 2023 1:12 AM

R183 people talked about Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill and the issue of sexual and workplace harassment but Biden was not the topic of conversation.

by Anonymousreply 186September 18, 2023 1:16 AM

Time Magazine cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 18, 2023 1:21 AM

People

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 18, 2023 1:23 AM

and Newsweek Biden was not the focus of the story in 1991. Only later when he ran for President was his role in the hearings discussed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 18, 2023 1:25 AM

[quote]Who are all these posters who only heard of Biden until he ran as Obama's running mate?

r141 Umm. Excuse me, but some of us has [bold]far[/bold] more pressing matters to deal with in 1988. Such as, when the hell Nana was finally going to show her damn face.

Still waiting on that one, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 18, 2023 2:10 AM

*had

by Anonymousreply 191September 18, 2023 2:10 AM

[Quote] He also made the news for having two brain aneurisms in the late 80s

R133 Kittens rescued from drainpipes make the news. So what? it surely wasn't a leading story, and no one was talking about it at the water cooler I'm sure and I was a college student at the time and don't recall anyone talking about it mainly because no one did. Nor do I believe his brain surgery was brought up when he was running for VP in 2008.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 18, 2023 2:31 AM

[R181] sounds like some dizzy Club Kid. Seriously you get your political news from the cover of the Rolling Stone?

Rolling Stine covers personalities, and I was wondering if Biden had ever been on the cover of any magazines since a group of lonely, friendless people who apparently didn't have cable TV seem to recall so much coverage of Biden in the 80s and 90s. For example, Bill Clinton was on the cover of Rolling Stone several times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 18, 2023 3:20 AM

Rolling Stone not Stine. PS I had my MTV! in the 80s

by Anonymousreply 194September 18, 2023 3:23 AM

POLITICS Al Gore: The Rolling Stone Interview Live from Air Force Two, the vice president discusses his life, our future, and why he wants to be president โ€” and why the Beatles will always be his favorite band BY JANN S. WENNER, WILL DANA NOVEMBER 9, 2000

Personally, I found Rolling Stone more interesting than The McLaughlin Report.

by Anonymousreply 195September 18, 2023 3:28 AM

Buck would never have watched MTV.

by Anonymousreply 196September 18, 2023 5:31 AM

Then how come everyone else of a certain seems to have known who Biden was back in those days, R186? Except for you.

by Anonymousreply 197September 18, 2023 7:27 AM

People actually read newspapers back then and watched the news. Except for people like R193 et all who got their information from looking at magazine covers.

by Anonymousreply 198September 18, 2023 7:42 AM

[QUOTE] Kittens rescued from drainpipes make the news. So what? it surely wasn't a leading story, and no one was talking about it at the water cooler I'm sure

The scandal about his college grades sure was big news. I was in high school when this happened and I remember other kids talking about this.

by Anonymousreply 199September 18, 2023 7:45 AM

R199 that's incredible! High School students talking about a senator from Delaware dropping out of a Presidential campaign after 4 months because of plagiarism and misrepresentation!

by Anonymousreply 200September 18, 2023 11:28 AM

High School kids were so much different in the early 80s We talked about school, teachers, sex, SNL, films, sex . . .we rarely ever talked about senators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 18, 2023 11:45 AM

[quote] Biden was hardly a regular topic of discussion during his 36 years in the senate.

Mainly he was just seen as a babbling buffoon, given some tolerance as twice his brain had been opened surgically and scooped out.

by Anonymousreply 202September 18, 2023 11:48 AM

Kids in the early 80s were so silly. Music, movies, parties, pot, the prom . . .sounds like R199 went to school in a monastery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203September 18, 2023 11:51 AM

Joeโ€™s endured two brain surgeries for aneurysms, so thereโ€™s obviously a weakness in that area.

Itโ€™s amazing that the pressures of being POTUS have not caused a third.

He must be on medication to prevent this from happening again.

by Anonymousreply 204September 18, 2023 12:00 PM

๐Ÿ‘Joe's aneurysm sounds like it was caused by atherosclerosis. He apparently had a lot of blocked arteries.

by Anonymousreply 205September 18, 2023 12:31 PM

๐‚๐๐’ ๐๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ

72 say Biden is not โ€œphysically healthyโ€ enough to be president

29% say neither is physically fit

26% think Biden is mentally fit

44% think Trump is

Trump beats Biden by 1%

72 percent of Americans believe President Joe Biden is not โ€œphysically healthyโ€ enough to be president for four more years.

The poll showed that Biden is losing to former President Donald Trump by one point, well within the 2.1 percent margin of error, in a head-to-head matchup. However, Biden, despite being two years older than Trump, is also losing to the Republican frontrunner when it comes voters feel about their mental and physical health.

When asked who is โ€œphysically healthy enough to be president,โ€ 43 percent of voters in the poll said โ€œonly Donald Trumpโ€ while 29 percent of recipients said neither. Moreover, only 16 percent agreed that โ€œonly Bidenโ€ was competent to serve.

Regarding mental and cognitive health, 44 percent of said only Trump is mentally fit to serve the office. Meanwhile, 23 percent said neither man is fit to serve. Twenty-six percent said only Biden is sufficiently fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 18, 2023 12:37 PM

Joe Biden could be like Bernie Lomax in "Weekend at Bernie's" and he'd still be a fucking better President than that human cockroach, dirtball scumbag, piece of shit garbage Donald J. Trump and his band of thieves, crooks and con artist grifters.

by Anonymousreply 207September 18, 2023 12:42 PM

R208 what tool hon? and what are you trying to prove? Why so invested?

Me thinks the lady dost protest too much

by Anonymousreply 209September 18, 2023 1:48 PM

Low profile yes but not an unknown. And he had raised his profile significantly prior to 2009 with Anita Hill and defending the Clinton bombings of Iraq.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210September 18, 2023 1:51 PM

I've never heard of a Biden staffer reporting they have to explain the basic governmental concept to him. I have read multiple stories of how no one could believe how stupid and unprepared Trump was.

by Anonymousreply 211September 18, 2023 1:52 PM

R211, Remember after Trump was elected in 2016, Oprah said โ€œWhy donโ€™t we give him a chance?โ€.

by Anonymousreply 212September 18, 2023 2:17 PM

I guess I just don't think of him as low profile. It's like saying Chuck Schumer is low profile. Biden likes to be in front of a camera. He's not a wonk who spends his time reading policy.

by Anonymousreply 213September 18, 2023 2:28 PM

r209 - The only person you speak for is Meghan McCain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 18, 2023 2:30 PM

You are not the least bit believable or persuasive R213 R214 You're wasting your time if you think you are convincing me in the least. Saying the same thing over and over again does not make it true Pete Repete.

by Anonymousreply 215September 18, 2023 2:54 PM

Bless your heart, r215. We aren't here to convince you of anything. We're just calling you out on your ridiculous shit, hon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 18, 2023 7:43 PM

Sorry OP but this is just the tip of the iceberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 18, 2023 7:50 PM

Dazed and confused

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218September 18, 2023 7:51 PM

Nothing new OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 18, 2023 7:56 PM

to be a good liar you must have a good memory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 18, 2023 8:00 PM

Lol, r220. It isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 221September 18, 2023 8:06 PM

President Biden is trailing former President Trump, former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley and Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) in several hypothetical 2024 match-ups in a new survey from Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll shared with The Hill.

The poll found that 44 percent of respondents said they would vote for Trump when asked about a hypothetical match-up between him and Biden in 2024, while 40 percent said they would back the current president. A separate 15 percent said they were unsure or didnโ€™t know.

The polling is largely unchanged from a similar Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll conducted in July, which had Trump at 45 percent and Biden at 40 percent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 18, 2023 8:06 PM

Yawn, r222. Keep it up, you still can't negate Joe's historic accomplishments. I question why you want to.

by Anonymousreply 223September 18, 2023 8:09 PM

R221 It's not what he's done; it's what he is no longer capable of doing.

by Anonymousreply 224September 18, 2023 8:11 PM

R221 R223๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ

by Anonymousreply 225September 18, 2023 8:12 PM

[quote][R221] It's not what he's done; it's what he is no longer capable of doing.

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 18, 2023 8:16 PM

DL is not the world.

One thing has been consistent across most polling of the presidential race so far: Voters โ€“ of both parties โ€“ are very concerned about President Joe Bidenโ€™s age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227September 18, 2023 8:17 PM

R222 If that is the case, then you have nothing to worry about. Your obsession over convincing everyone in this thread that Biden is too old is desperate and sad.

by Anonymousreply 228September 18, 2023 8:18 PM

Kamala was my first choice anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 229September 18, 2023 8:20 PM

R228 ๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ What poll are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 230September 18, 2023 8:20 PM

R228-30 can' t see or hear you

by Anonymousreply 231September 18, 2023 8:23 PM

That's your 63rd post in the thread...all saying the same thing, r227. That's called obsessive trolling.

by Anonymousreply 232September 18, 2023 8:26 PM

It's the Swift Boat playbook all over again.

Accuse your opponent of every sin you've committed. Repeat the charge over and over and over and over and over and eventually the "both sides" media will latch on to your bullshit out of fear of seeming "biased."

Trump clearly suffers from tertiary syphilis. He's grossly overweight. His makeup is a scandal. His wigs are cheap and shitty. He lies constantly, about every thing.

What to do?

Accuse your opponent of *also lying. Accuse your opponent of also being an incoherent tub of shit. That way voters will throw up their hands and say "they're all alike!"

It works.

by Anonymousreply 233September 18, 2023 8:51 PM

[quote] I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Biden's age

Then turn off your hearing aid.

by Anonymousreply 234September 18, 2023 10:20 PM

[qupte] you still can't negate Joe's historic accomplishments.

True. Future generations of Mexicans will celebrate Cinco de Biden

by Anonymousreply 235September 18, 2023 10:54 PM

Biden- "When FDR was on Televison . . ."

There was no Television when FDR was President Joe

by Anonymousreply 236September 18, 2023 11:06 PM

Just like future generations of Oath Keepers can celebrate January 6th by shitting in the US Capitol again and Donald Trump wiping the shit out of his fat, entitled white ass with the US Constitution on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 237September 18, 2023 11:06 PM

Lots of MAGAts posting in this thread, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 238September 18, 2023 11:32 PM

R237 brings a touch of class to the thread.

by Anonymousreply 239September 19, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote] Lots of MAGAts posting in this thread, that's for sure.

And lots of libtards too.

by Anonymousreply 240September 19, 2023 1:45 AM

Was Beau hung like Hunter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 19, 2023 2:09 AM

Then just scroll by.

by Anonymousreply 242September 19, 2023 2:11 AM

Oh I thought this said Biden was 100 or 1000 years old. I almost believed it.

I'm 1000% sure he wins reelection.

by Anonymousreply 243September 19, 2023 2:14 AM

The Dems or progressives should not worry about Bidenโ€™s age. He rides a bike, he is in a great spot right now.

Sure The Hill reported on a new Harvard poll that shows Biden trailing Trump, Haley, and Scott in a head to head but there are plenty of other republicans Biden would be ahead of today.

by Anonymousreply 244September 19, 2023 9:58 AM

For some proof that Biden was well known to many people back in the 80s...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 19, 2023 11:06 AM

He was raised in the Puerto Rican community

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 19, 2023 12:52 PM

[Quote]For some proof that Biden was well known to many people back in the 80s.

Yeah we talked about nothing else in the 80s

by Anonymousreply 248September 19, 2023 1:04 PM

@247 Joe Biden is Zelig! Black, Jewish, Puerto Rican . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 19, 2023 1:15 PM

Nothing I've seen shows that Hunter is hung. He's average or slightly above. You sound like his dad always exaggerating. Any links or photos for size verification R241 ? otherwise how do you know he's hung?

by Anonymousreply 250September 19, 2023 1:35 PM

Compared to your beloved Lord and Savior's DJT teeny tiny peepee, Hunter's huge, R250.

by Anonymousreply 251September 19, 2023 2:28 PM

that sets a low bar R251 I'm asking about Hunter, Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 252September 19, 2023 2:54 PM

Axios' Alex Thompson quotes Biden at a recent fundraiser:

"A lot of people seem focused on my ageโ€ฆI get it believe me, I know it more than anyoneโ€ฆ.Iโ€™m running because democracy is at stake. Because 2024 democracy is on the ballot once againโ€ฆDonald trump and his MAGA republicans are determined to destroy American democracy.โ€

by Anonymousreply 253September 19, 2023 2:58 PM

R253

The truth and the problem. The Dems donโ€™t think they have anyone else that can win. So now the Dems are hitting the bricks hard talking up Harris as the VP you want , if Joe cant make 4 years,

by Anonymousreply 254September 19, 2023 4:23 PM

Truthfully, I can't see Joe making it to the end of his first term. R254.

by Anonymousreply 255September 19, 2023 5:37 PM

R250, Have you been tested for cataracts?

by Anonymousreply 256September 19, 2023 8:08 PM

[quote]Truthfully, I can't see Joe making it to the end of his first term.

But you can see Blobbo Trump being inaugurated in 2025?

by Anonymousreply 257September 19, 2023 8:36 PM

๐‘ฏ๐’‚๐’“๐’—๐’‚๐’“๐’… ๐‘ฏ๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’Š๐’”๐‘ฟ ๐‘ท๐’๐’๐’ ๐’“๐’†๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’˜๐’†๐’†๐’Œ ๐’”๐’‰๐’๐’˜๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’† ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ท ๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’…๐’Š๐’…๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’” ๐’˜๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’‚๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’Š๐’…๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’Š๐’ ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’š๐’‘๐’๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“๐’‚๐’ ๐’†๐’๐’†๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ โ€“ ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’Ž๐’†๐’“ ๐‘ท๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’Š๐’…๐’†๐’๐’• ๐‘ซ๐’๐’๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ป๐’“๐’–๐’Ž๐’‘, ๐‘บ๐’๐’–๐’•๐’‰ ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’‚ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’. ๐‘ป๐’Š๐’Ž ๐‘บ๐’„๐’๐’•๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’Ž๐’†๐’“ ๐‘ผ๐‘ต ๐‘จ๐’Ž๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’”๐’”๐’‚๐’…๐’๐’“ ๐‘ต๐’Š๐’Œ๐’Œ๐’Š ๐‘ฏ๐’‚๐’๐’†๐’š.

While most polls, including the most recent, show Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in second place to Trump, he surprisingly does not beat out Biden in a head-to-head matchup.

Meanwhile, 69 percent of registered voters polled September 12-14 say Biden is too old to run for President again at the age of 80 โ€“ and 58 percent think he is mentally unfit for office.

Trump, 77, is only three years younger than Biden. But he is still the far-favorite for the 2024 GOP nomination.

Americans are increasingly concerned with age, especially with Biden and Trump both on board to beat the previous record of being the oldest President ever inaugurated โ€“ a record that was set by Biden when he was elected in 2020.

A previous poll showed an astounding 77 percent of Americans who think Biden is too old to serve another four years in the White House.

Still, there are no serious contenders for the Democratic nomination against the incumbent President. But Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Marianne Williamson both launched longshot bids to take on Biden.

DeSantis doesn't beat Biden in a match-up despite other candidates who are polling lower than him besting the President in hypothetical general elections.

When Trump is put up against Biden, the ex-President wins by 4 percent. But DeSantis, the poll shows, would lose by 4 percent.

Meanwhile, both candidates from South Carolina Nikki Haley and Tim Scott are shown beating Biden if they were in a general election with him.

Haley, 51, was Trump's Ambassador to the United Nations โ€“ but is now one of his bigger critics on the campaign trail. If put up against Biden, Haley earns 41 percent to the President's 37 percent. This is the same 4 percent gap that Trump beats Biden.

Sen. Scott would beat Biden with just a 2 percent gap, according to the poll that shows the GOP hopeful ahead 39 to 37 percent.

Meanwhile, even though Ramaswamy is polling third among preferred Republican nominees, he would lose to Biden by 2 percent with 37 percent saying they would vote for the biotech boss in a general match-up compared to the 39 percent that would cast their ballot for Biden.

Former Vice President Mike Pence, however, has the largest gap with the President. The HarrisX poll shows him losing by six-points with 36 percent support to Biden's 42 percent.

Pence is polling fifth in the GOP race with 4 percent โ€“ a 3 percent drop since the last poll.

by Anonymousreply 258September 19, 2023 9:49 PM

[Quote]Have you been tested for cataracts?

It's not about cataracts it's about seeing proof of Hunter being hung. The video of Hunter running around a pool showed nothing of exceptional size. Perhaps he's a grower not a shower. Got any photos R256 to prove it? If so, provide the link, if not shut up.

by Anonymousreply 259September 19, 2023 10:36 PM

You must be the only person in America who hasnโ€™t seen at least one of the numerous photos of Hunter Bidenโ€™s monster cock on the Internet, R259.

by Anonymousreply 260September 19, 2023 10:53 PM

Of course, this thread devolved into a debate about the size of Hunter Biden's penis. Of course, it did.

Never change, DL.

by Anonymousreply 261September 19, 2023 11:58 PM

R260 still no links huh?

by Anonymousreply 262September 20, 2023 12:03 AM

[quote]Truthfully, I can't see Joe making it to the end of his first term.

I dont have a problem with it, maybe he steps down, maybe he just drops dead that's what a VP is for. Yes, Kamala, say it Kamala Harris! She has the youth you cunts have been bitching about. She's more than capable for the job in spite of the constant Hillarazation Faux News has been doing on her non-stop. Then she can appoint Pete as her VP.

by Anonymousreply 263September 20, 2023 12:07 AM

[quote] Then she can appoint Pete as her VP.

Yes a smoke filled room appointment is the only way he would ever move that high. An election certainly won't do it.

by Anonymousreply 264September 20, 2023 12:20 AM

R260 Joe didn't discuss dick size rather the size of your crack.

"If you have a piece of crack cocaine no bigger than this quarter that I'm holding in my hand one quarter of $1 we passed the law from the leadership with Senator Thurman and myself and others a law that says you're caught with that you go to jail for 5 years you get no probation you get nothing other than five years in jail. The judge doesn't have a choice."-Senator Joe Biden

5 years minimum but I guess that was for the poor kids in the projects not the entitled failed son of a US Senator, Vice President and now president

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265September 20, 2023 12:21 AM

Joe's Crime Bill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 20, 2023 12:27 AM

I guess the Ukrainian energy company Burisma saw something in Hunter that the rest of us overlooked. And I'm not talking about his fabled dick.

by Anonymousreply 267September 20, 2023 12:33 AM

R267, You mean Exhibit A?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 20, 2023 1:04 AM

Thank you R268 just what I thought: average

by Anonymousreply 269September 20, 2023 1:48 AM

Hunter's dick is Shakespearean

by Anonymousreply 270September 20, 2023 2:10 AM

So is heโ€ฆ

by Anonymousreply 271September 20, 2023 2:46 AM

If the cock at R268 is โ€œaverageโ€, then weโ€™re all in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 272September 20, 2023 4:03 AM

R269โ€™s penis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273September 20, 2023 4:06 AM

R272 Turn in you Gay Card if you think that penis @ R268 is anything but average,

by Anonymousreply 274September 20, 2023 4:36 AM

Looks like another $25B of Americans tax dollars is going to Ukraine as Zelensky talks about climate change at the UN

".Russia's invasion of Ukraine has distracted world governments from efforts to combat climate change, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said in a video message played at the COP27 climate conference in Egypt."

Key points: Mr Zelenskyy criticised the impact of war and aggression on global joint actions on climate change Ukraine is hosting an exhibition space for the first time at a UN climate conference Andrew Forrest called for a pause to seabed mining at COP27 "There can be no effective climate policy without the peace," Mr Zelenskyy said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 20, 2023 4:42 AM

The Clinton Global Initiative is raising $$$ for Ukraine. Matt Damon has already donated.

CGI announced programs Monday that it hopes will gather new monetary commitments and engagement, including gender equality and continued support for the people of Ukraine.

Hillary Clinton announced that gender equality will now be the fourth pillar of CGI's activities, along with fighting climate change, economic inclusion and public health issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 20, 2023 4:48 AM

Tax ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฒ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 20, 2023 5:06 AM

[quote] as Zelensky talks about climate change at the UN

Of course. Naturally Ukraine would collect a big chunk of this.

BRUSSELS, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Developing countries have proposed that a new U.N. fund unlocks at least $100 billion by 2030 to address irreversible damage caused by climate change, as states prepare to ๐™™๐™ž๐™จ๐™˜๐™ช๐™จ๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™š๐™ฃ๐™š๐™›๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ฎ in at the U.N. COP28 climate summit.

I bet I can guess who will pay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278September 20, 2023 5:14 AM

[Quote] I bet I can guess who will pay.

Maybe we should start charging the migrants a toll to enter the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279September 20, 2023 5:24 AM

Penny Pritzker was an early supporter of Barack Obama. She soon moved from business to politics and helped fundraise for Obama's senate and, later, presidential bid.

Pritzker spearheaded the 2008 presidential fundraising campaign, which raised nearly $750 million. Five years later, President Obama appointed Pritzker as the commerce secretary, a role she held until the end of Obama's term in 2017.

As Special Representative, her fundraising skills will be essential, as a major task will be to shape the priorities of international donors and align them with Ukraine's funding needs.

Beyond shaping donor priorities and strengthening Ukraine's public sector, Pritzker will need to mobilize the U.S. private sector to invest in Ukraine.

"The private sector is essential to Ukraine's long-term recovery," said Conley, adding that the U.S. particularly focused on Ukraine's energy, agricultural, infrastructure, and IT industries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 20, 2023 6:02 AM

[quote]Looks like another $25B of Americans tax dollars is going to Ukraine

So we can fight them over there instead of over here - George W. Bush

Oh how the Repugs forget their own talking points when it's convenient.

by Anonymousreply 281September 20, 2023 6:04 AM

Speaking of cock size, I bet Volodymyr Zelenskyy his a nice thick one.

by Anonymousreply 282September 20, 2023 6:05 AM

R281 diversion 101 Bless your heart

by Anonymousreply 283September 20, 2023 6:08 AM

Hopefully R282 it has a nice thick head on it unlike Hunter's narrow head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 20, 2023 6:13 AM

The total cost to the United States of the [bold]Iraq war at $3 trillion[/bold}. This price tag dwarfed previous estimates, including the Bush administration's 2003 projections of a $50 billion.

MAGA clutching their fake pearls because Democrats are spending money on a war that actually could escalate to ww3 if we just let them fend for themselves and until they reach our shores.

by Anonymousreply 285September 20, 2023 6:14 AM

Hunter's dick is straight as an arrow. It's a perfect size to hit the right spot. No curved penis issues there.

by Anonymousreply 286September 20, 2023 6:16 AM

[quote] Pritzker spearheaded the 2008 presidential fundraising campaign, which raised nearly $750 million.

Throwing the McCain/Feingold fundraising limits out the window. The campaign finance reform that was SO essential until it became inconvenient. McCain of course followed the law and saw his campaign drowned by the democratic spending.

by Anonymousreply 287September 20, 2023 6:20 AM

To be honest 'whataboutism' doesn't work. It's mere diversion

by Anonymousreply 288September 20, 2023 6:33 AM

OP It's become an unavoidable discussion as the election draws nearer for both Biden and Trump

'Frail' Joe Biden Risks Being Eaten Alive by Trump, Geraldo Rivera Warns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289September 20, 2023 6:51 AM

[quote]McCain of course followed the law and saw his campaign drowned by the democratic spending.

Cut the BS. His party is the one who ushered in DARK MONEY so than any country or rich donor can influence American elections while staying totally anonymous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 20, 2023 6:59 AM

[quote]'Frail' Joe Biden Risks Being Eaten Alive by Trump, Geraldo Rivera Warns

Geraldo Rivera? Is he still looking for the money in Al Capone's vault? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคฃ

by Anonymousreply 291September 20, 2023 7:00 AM

Persistent concerns over Bidenโ€™s age come amid a series of polls showing heโ€™s neck-and-neck with Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 20, 2023 7:09 AM

Joe looks Frail!

Nom, Nom, Nom KFC,

Nom, Nom, Nom, McDonalds,

Nom, Nom, Nom, Pizza,

Nom, Nom, Nom Meatloaf!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293September 20, 2023 7:12 AM

OOOOOH!, That ramp looks steep! Stand by me in case I fall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 20, 2023 7:18 AM

Yeah, R293 Joe looks frail. Comparing Joe to Trump doesn't change that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295September 20, 2023 7:20 AM

R290

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296September 20, 2023 7:22 AM

If given the choice, I will go with the think guy who can still ride a bike and do a pushup over the fatso who lives off burgers and KFC weighing in at 400lbs at age 78.

by Anonymousreply 297September 20, 2023 7:27 AM

Walk like a Joe Biden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298September 20, 2023 7:30 AM

He sees dead people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299September 20, 2023 7:31 AM

VEGAS ODDS - 2024 U.S. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BETTING ODDS

Joe Biden 6/4

Donald Trump 9/4

Ron DeSantis 12/1

Vivek Ramaswamy 14/1

Robert Kennedy Jr. 14/1

by Anonymousreply 300September 20, 2023 7:31 AM

Just about a quarter of Americans in CNNโ€™s poll said Biden has the stamina and sharpness to serve effectively, far from a ringing endorsement of a president who brought policy wins back from a trip to Asia last week but left the impression he was confused at a press conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 20, 2023 7:34 AM

Russian Troll Farm PORN

Boris jerking off to this daily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302September 20, 2023 7:36 AM

Joe's an inspiration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303September 20, 2023 7:36 AM

Nothing says healthy diet like McDonalds burger and a large dump on a gold plated toilet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304September 20, 2023 7:39 AM

Back to the leader of the free world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305September 20, 2023 7:46 AM

R293 R304 R293 . . .๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿฅฑ

by Anonymousreply 306September 20, 2023 7:51 AM

Give it up Boris, your stupid posts about Biden have no power here. By the way, how's the crash of the Russian Ruble treating you? Vodka not so cheap now is it.

by Anonymousreply 307September 20, 2023 7:52 AM

Couldn't happen to better people. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308September 20, 2023 7:54 AM

President Biden has said he plans to run for a second term, but his age has become an uncomfortable issue for him and his party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309September 20, 2023 8:00 AM

Russian Women are mostly prostitutes, there are more prostitutes in Russia than any other country in the world, including places like Thailand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310September 20, 2023 8:07 AM

You are bringing the Clinton's daughter into this? You Trolls are desperate and tired. Most people don't even remember who she is.

by Anonymousreply 312September 20, 2023 12:10 PM

OK Boris, I will play, lets look at your leader's ugly daughters. One is a dog with a giant forehead and the other looks like a cheap Russian prostitute. Oh and of course you were projecting about the Clinton's daughter. The real truth is Putin IS hiding his wealth among his family member including his spawn seen in this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313September 20, 2023 12:16 PM

Putin's Palace, the largest mega mansion in all of Russia. His official salary as President is only about 150,000 a year. Cant imagine where the rest came from. Couldn't possibly be related to why Russians are so poor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314September 20, 2023 12:22 PM

President Joe Bidenโ€™s recent mix-up of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky with Russian President Vladimir Putin has reignited debates about his fitness for office. Hereโ€™s the full story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315September 20, 2023 2:50 PM

Whenever I hear someone complain about Biden's age I think, "Oh, so you're another idiot voting for trump."

Just listen to Biden's Labor Day speech, or his United Nations Speech, and you know he's smarter and more effective than the average person no matter what their age.

by Anonymousreply 316September 20, 2023 3:03 PM

Lol, "Wealthy Living", r315?

by Anonymousreply 317September 20, 2023 3:03 PM

That's your 97th anti-Biden post in this thread, r315. Why so invested?

by Anonymousreply 318September 20, 2023 3:07 PM

[Quote]You are bringing the Clinton's daughter into this? You Trolls are desperate and tired. Most people don't even remember who she is.

You might as well ask why the trolls are bringing Putin's wealth and family, Hunter's dick and any number of things into the discussion. Old Joe may not remember who she is but she is still in the news. Did you read the article which is recent @R311?

by Anonymousreply 319September 20, 2023 4:00 PM

Chelsea who?

Chelsea Clinton spoke to a crowd on stage during the Clinton Global Initiative 2023 held yesterday in New York. The initiative brought together like-minded figureheads in the heart of the city to implement solutions to some of the worldโ€™s most pressing challenges. Attendees included Hillary and Bill Clinton, Orlando Bloom, Dwayne Wade and Alok Vaid-Menon among others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320September 20, 2023 4:02 PM

(^.^) Orlando Bloom Now there's a penis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 20, 2023 6:20 PM

๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ๐†๐จ๐ฏ/๐˜๐š๐ก๐จ๐จ ๐๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ

Biden and Trump are now tied at 44 percent among registered voters, with 7 percent undecided and 4 percent saying they will not vote. This suggests that support for Biden has dipped as Trumpโ€™s support slowly ticked up โ€” under the shadow of four criminal indictments.

The previous poll conducted by YouGov/Yahoo News last month found that Biden had a slight edge over Trump, with the sitting president polling at 47 percent compared to the former presidentโ€™s 41 percent. Now, as questions swirl around Bidenโ€™s age and the House Republicans are set to launch an impeachment inquiry into him, the president is facing more hurdles going into 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322September 20, 2023 6:34 PM

[quote]That's your 97th anti-Biden post in this thread, [R315]. Why so invested?

I think the word you're looking for is "troll."

by Anonymousreply 323September 20, 2023 9:30 PM

[Quote]Just listen to Biden's Labor Day speech, or his United Nations Speech, and you know he's smarter and more effective than the average person no matter what their age

Though the average person doesn't have advisors, speech writers and teleprompters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324September 20, 2023 10:53 PM

[quote]President Joe Bidenโ€™s recent mix-up of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky with Russian President Vladimir Putin has reignited debates about his fitness for office. It's not just age.

And Trump thinks Biden will cause World War II.

by Anonymousreply 325September 20, 2023 10:59 PM

Pete Repete^^^

by Anonymousreply 326September 20, 2023 11:04 PM

God save the Queen,man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327September 20, 2023 11:06 PM

Biden asks a man in a wheelchair to stand up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 20, 2023 11:11 PM

Oy Goyvelt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329September 20, 2023 11:11 PM

Everyone makes mistakes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330September 20, 2023 11:15 PM

Biden is clearly in mental decline. Anyone on this thread who is trying to deny it is most likely a paid shill. Biden makes Reagan in his second term look mentally fit. The most powerful country on the face of the earth needs a person in peak mental form in the top spot. Anything less is irresponsible.

by Anonymousreply 331September 20, 2023 11:20 PM

Where's the 'Oh, dear' troll when you need her?

People rag on posters who make spelling or punctuation errors on DL. Are we being held to a higher standard than the leader of the free world?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332September 20, 2023 11:27 PM

Wouldn't it be exciting though if he just dropped dead?

by Anonymousreply 333September 20, 2023 11:35 PM

He will like all of us. Timing is everything though.

by Anonymousreply 334September 20, 2023 11:38 PM

It would be most exciting though if he dropped dead during the convention. I don't believe for one second he is going to be on the ticket though. If he is though it would be the perfect timing. During his speech. The Dementia Candidate.

by Anonymousreply 335September 20, 2023 11:40 PM

[Quote] Give it up Boris, your stupid posts about Biden have no power here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336September 21, 2023 12:28 AM

[Quote] Just listen to Biden's Labor Day speech, or his United Nations Speech, and you know he's smarter and more effective than the average person no matter what their age.

R316 I think you underestimate the ability of the average person.

President Joe Biden appeared to disgust and bore world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly in New York during his recent appearance. Biden could be seen reading a prepared statement from his usual note cards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337September 21, 2023 12:37 AM

Trump forgets his WIFE Milinia is standing right next to him.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคฃ

Donald's Dementia is a real thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 21, 2023 1:45 AM

Trump does not need note cards? Oh YES HE DOES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340September 21, 2023 1:49 AM

This is Biden's State of the Union, way more lucid, concise and articulate than Trump could ever be without the word salad Trump fall back on ad nauseam. Did he have a speech writer? Sure, but so did Trump and his speeches are still a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341September 21, 2023 1:54 AM

No Bless your heart Dear, cherry picking seems to be your forte.

by Anonymousreply 343September 21, 2023 1:56 AM

Biden knows exactly what he is saying and he's quite good at responding to audience members on the fly. Again, watch the state of the Union. Compare that to Trump that just talks in circles, makes no sense, wont respond to a question from the audience who is not MAGA and thinks Biden is going to start WW 2. TWO!

Besides all that, you are a very shallow person if you gauge intelligence by a performance on stage. Many brilliant people would not make good public speaking appearances. Does that make them unqualified for their job? In your book that's exactly what you are trying to say. Biden has accomplished more in the last 2 years than Trump's entire presidency. It's a fact. I like presidents who get shit done, not ones that cant even finish a boarder wall.

by Anonymousreply 351September 21, 2023 2:46 AM

Stop feeding the troll.

You'll feel better

He'll feel ignored

by Anonymousreply 352September 21, 2023 2:50 AM

At least Biden isn't on social media at 3AM making deranged posts and acting like a petty, vindictive bitch.

by Anonymousreply 353September 21, 2023 7:20 PM

Anyone that does not donate time and or money ,as well as vote , deserves a trump desantis scott world to live in.

by Anonymousreply 354September 21, 2023 7:41 PM

Biden is the only President Of The United States right now. Not Trump, and the elections aren't happening now. Saying "but Trump is worse" in one way or another is stupid and has nothing to do with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 355September 21, 2023 8:32 PM

There's a weird parallel between Biden and Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 356September 22, 2023 4:12 PM

R356, Yeah, Jill is a Philly girl.

by Anonymousreply 357September 22, 2023 4:34 PM

R355 Agree

Joe Rogan" He (Trump) might be crazy he might be associated he's crazy and stupid say all those things, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that there's something wrong with Biden. like he makes up words he stumbles through things it seems like he doesn't know where he is half the time he's very very old"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 22, 2023 8:14 PM

Apparetnly Joe got caught in a time warp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359September 22, 2023 8:19 PM

Why is this the only thread you're posting in, r359?

by Anonymousreply 360September 22, 2023 8:23 PM

(^.^) Nancy has joined the discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 22, 2023 8:52 PM

This is hardly a "discussion", r361.

by Anonymousreply 362September 22, 2023 8:59 PM

[Quote] At least Biden isn't on social media at 3AM making deranged posts and acting like a petty, vindictive bitch.

Joe awake at 3AM! He's lucky if he makes to 3PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363September 22, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote]Joe awake at 3AM! He's lucky if he makes to 3PM

My kind of guy!

by Anonymousreply 364September 22, 2023 9:18 PM

r363 is also:

[quote]Trump as this interview demonstrates is more lucid than Biden. Whether you agree with him or not he speaks without notecards or any teleprompter and is able to give facts, examples, details and specifics.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 365September 22, 2023 9:24 PM

DL Stalker (^.^)

by Anonymousreply 366September 22, 2023 9:30 PM

NEW ARG POLL

A total of 39% of Americans say they approve of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president and 56% say they disapprove of the way Biden is handling his job according to the latest survey from the American Research Group. In August, 41% approved of the way Biden was handling his job as president and 54% disapproved.

When it comes to Biden's handling of the economy, 37% of Americans approve and 59% disapprove. In August, 37% approved of the way Biden was handling the economy and 58% disapproved.

Among Americans registered to vote, 40% approve of the way Biden is handling his job as president and 56% disapprove. On Biden's handling of the economy, 37% of registered voters approve and 58% disapprove.

Of the 39% of Americans saying they approve of the way Biden is handling his job as president, 65% say they expect the national economy will be better a year from now. Of the 56% saying they disapprove of the way Biden his handling his job as president, 71% say they expect the national economy will be worse a year from now.

Overall, 37% of Americans say that they approve of the way Joe Biden is handling the economy, 59% disapprove, and 4% are undecided. Among registered voters, 37% approve and 58% disapprove of the way Biden is handling the economy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367September 22, 2023 9:32 PM

r359 = r366...sock puppets?

by Anonymousreply 368September 22, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote]Biden is the only President Of The United States right now. Not Trump, and the elections aren't happening now. Saying "but Trump is worse" in one way or another is stupid and has nothing to do with Biden.

Oh Boris, try saying that to your boss Putin. You really think he's going to wait until the election to decide on how to medal with it? Trump is every bit a part of this conversation since he is the likely Republican nominee. It will be Biden/Trump and you know it.

But we can see what you are doing, you want to change to argument to just pick on one side. Comparing them to the alternative Trump destroys your silly posts.

by Anonymousreply 369September 22, 2023 9:35 PM

R365 you should follow your own advice @R352

[Quote]Stop feeding the troll.

[Quote]You'll feel better

[Quote]He'll feel ignored

by Anonymousreply 370September 22, 2023 9:37 PM

R369 What's with this 'we' shit, Sybil? and have you worn out the M-A-G-T-R-U-M-P-B-O-I-S keys yet?

by Anonymousreply 371September 22, 2023 9:39 PM

Trump falling asleep on the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372September 22, 2023 9:43 PM

Iโ€™m not American so in one way I have no dog in this race, but as a citizen of the โ€œfree worldโ€ and an ongoing admirer of the USA, I have to say that Bidenโ€™s cognitive decline (and itโ€™s there for all to see) scares me less than a Trump presidency. I wish that Harris was more electable (and Iโ€™m shocked that sheโ€™s not, for the American electorate) but if an aging Biden can get it across the line then stepping down for Harris, then do it. Itโ€™s hardly an ideal scenario but better than Trump Mk2. How did you guys get yourselves into this situation?

Now standing by for the first โ€œitโ€™s a thing called democracyโ€ reply.

by Anonymousreply 373September 22, 2023 9:45 PM

Biden has a 12 point lead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374September 22, 2023 9:47 PM

I know you'd like that, r370, I don't need to follow that advice because you aren't annoying me and I'm obviously bothering you by calling you out on your shit. I don't stalk...I quote.

by Anonymousreply 375September 22, 2023 9:48 PM

You seem annoyed R375

by Anonymousreply 376September 22, 2023 10:08 PM

R372 Trump's failings/faults don't mitigate Joe's or make him seem any less lost and confused.

by Anonymousreply 377September 22, 2023 10:11 PM

Lol, nope, r376

by Anonymousreply 378September 22, 2023 10:11 PM

Yesterday at Hispanic Caucus, he referred to the attendees as "The Black Caucus." Time to retire, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 379September 22, 2023 10:15 PM

Black, Hispanic, whatever. All those dark people look alike.

by Anonymousreply 380September 22, 2023 10:18 PM

Someone mentioned you on the thread about "I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Biden's age" in [R378] 6 minutes ago

Can't see or hear you R378

by Anonymousreply 381September 22, 2023 10:18 PM

Yeah...r381 ...this *is* the "I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Biden's age" thread and *I'm* r378. Do you smell burnt toast? Do you need a wellness check?

by Anonymousreply 382September 22, 2023 10:26 PM

R379 Did he ever hear of MLK or Colin Powell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383September 22, 2023 10:28 PM

We still doing that Boris thing?

by Anonymousreply 384September 22, 2023 10:45 PM

R380, โ€œThe little brown ones . . .โ€

by Anonymousreply 385September 22, 2023 10:52 PM

for some that 'Boris thing' is freedom of speech aka democracy in action

by Anonymousreply 386September 22, 2023 10:59 PM

r386 thinks there are exactly 57 Boris' on datalounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387September 22, 2023 11:03 PM

[quote]Black, Hispanic, whatever. All those dark people look alike.

There are millions of people who are part black AND Hispanic. Grow the F up Boris. I guess in such a white country this comes a shock to you.

by Anonymousreply 388September 23, 2023 1:59 AM

[quote]We still doing that Boris thing?

We still doing the Russian Troll farm thing? Last time I checked they Putin was still president and troll farms were still in operation.

by Anonymousreply 389September 23, 2023 2:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390September 23, 2023 2:15 AM

She was great in Gaslight but those trying to gaslight posters into buying the 'fit as a fiddle' 'sharp as a tack' Joe Biden with diversion tactics are too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 391September 23, 2023 3:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392September 23, 2023 3:41 AM

Fresh as springtime . . .and twice as young . . .um

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393September 23, 2023 4:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394September 23, 2023 4:08 AM

If Biden has to step down for health reasons before next November, do you guys think Kamala could beat Trump? It's going to be a crazy enough election as it is, given Trump's legal situation.

by Anonymousreply 395September 23, 2023 2:42 PM

R395 If Biden steps down before the election that doesn't mean that Kamala would be the nominee, does it?

by Anonymousreply 396September 23, 2023 2:55 PM

another day another gaffe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397September 23, 2023 5:25 PM

Gbnews

Such a reliable, unbiased source there.

by Anonymousreply 398September 23, 2023 5:28 PM

so, Joe didn't make that claim R398? and how reliable is your opinion? What news sources would you trust?

by Anonymousreply 399September 23, 2023 5:32 PM

What has biased have to do with the false claim Joe made. It's hardly the first time. During his short lived 1988 presidential campaign he falsely claimed he graduated in the top half of his class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 23, 2023 5:36 PM

Is Newsweek misquoting him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 23, 2023 5:38 PM

Lol, you're getting frustrated because we aren't buying your shit, aren't you, r400?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402September 23, 2023 5:38 PM

His the video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403September 23, 2023 5:42 PM

here's๐Ÿ‘

by Anonymousreply 404September 23, 2023 5:45 PM

r403 will do *anything* for youth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405September 23, 2023 5:45 PM

Joe told one of the grieving Afghanistan botched departure parents that his son Beau arrived home in a flag draped coffin.

by Anonymousreply 406September 23, 2023 5:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407September 23, 2023 5:48 PM

So persuasive R405 It's clear you've run out of bullets because you are posting irrelevant nonsense

by Anonymousreply 408September 23, 2023 5:49 PM

[quote]because you are posting irrelevant nonsense

Look up the word projection, r408...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409September 23, 2023 5:53 PM

Talk about irrelevant nonsense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410September 23, 2023 5:56 PM

Every mass shooting! Not even close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411September 23, 2023 5:59 PM

R409 You type old. Do you identify with Joe?

by Anonymousreply 412September 23, 2023 6:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413September 23, 2023 6:08 PM

You type willfully obtuse, r412.

by Anonymousreply 414September 23, 2023 6:11 PM

I'm glad...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415September 23, 2023 6:15 PM

How nice for you. How are the Depends working out? How do you handle that old man smell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416September 23, 2023 6:33 PM

Tread carefully R415

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417September 23, 2023 6:36 PM

[quote][R409]You type old. Do you identify with Joe?

Pot calling kettle black, r412?

by Anonymousreply 418September 23, 2023 6:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419September 23, 2023 6:42 PM

Donny threw a terrible tantrum at the G7 summit in Sicily as no one wanted to push his baby golf cart, until Angela said enough is enough and took the matter in her own hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420September 23, 2023 7:03 PM

'You're too old to vote for me' Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421September 23, 2023 7:29 PM

His false claims and exaggerations in 1987 can't be blamed on senility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422September 23, 2023 7:31 PM

R395 Will he make it to November of this year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423September 23, 2023 7:55 PM

Cenk Uygur is done with the situation:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424September 23, 2023 8:03 PM

Why is public service full of self centered people who canโ€™t train and mentor the next generation of leaders in a timely fashion. Itโ€™s like the dog nuts, the whole point of it all is to make yourself feel good at the expense of everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 425September 23, 2023 8:07 PM

[quote]Cenk Uygur is done with the situation:

Wow, from Newsweek, which is not at all a virulently right-wing "news" site.

by Anonymousreply 426September 23, 2023 8:55 PM

Yeah, r426, the troll on this thread is really showing his colors with his choice of sources.

by Anonymousreply 427September 23, 2023 9:00 PM

It's rare for the media to report the truth. Enjoy it while it lasts.

In 2020 the press covered for Joe's every stumble. They'll do so again if Trump gets the nomination but Joe's obvious incapacitaties scare them too much to just sit quietly now.

by Anonymousreply 428September 23, 2023 9:10 PM

The greatest tragedy of the Trump administration occurred in 2019, when that dirtball scumbag, draft-dodging piece of human garbage/walking talking turd was allowed to preside over the 75th anniversary of D-Day. Then the whiny assed bitch did nothing but complain about how far he had to walk and how the wind was messing up his orange 'do.

R420 through R425: why do you want to suck Donald Trump's cock and eat his nasty, shit encrusted asshole out so badly?

by Anonymousreply 429September 23, 2023 9:17 PM

I happily voted for Biden in 2020. He's a disappointment. I don't think he's even making policy. If it's between him and Trump, I'll vote for Biden again, but wish I had a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 430September 23, 2023 9:17 PM

[quote]Cenk Uygur is done with the situation:

[quote]He's a disappointment. I don't think he's even making policy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431September 23, 2023 9:18 PM

[quote]If it's between him and Trump, I'll vote for Biden again

How politically astute you must be.

by Anonymousreply 432September 23, 2023 9:20 PM

R429 Donโ€™t speak for me. Iโ€™ll vote for Biden, but thatโ€™s because voting in America is more an exercise in choose the best option and less an option you actually resonate with in a more nuanced fashion.

by Anonymousreply 433September 23, 2023 9:21 PM

[Quote]Wow, from Newsweek, which is not at all a virulently right-wing "news" site.

Yeah, let's blame Newsweek for his fails, gaffes, confusion, lies and exaggerated claims. See R442 where he falsely claims to have marched in the Civil Rights Movement, but he never did of course. Where he claims to have graduated in the top half of his class and where he was found to have been guilty of plagiarism. It's a pattern that still continues 25 years later.

by Anonymousreply 434September 23, 2023 9:25 PM

Oh, dear! Excuse my gaffe I must be becoming senile. It was 35 years ago that Biden ran for President for the first time. A campaign that lasted 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 435September 23, 2023 9:30 PM

[Quote]why do you want to suck Donald Trump's cock and eat his nasty, shit encrusted asshole out so badly?

๐Ÿ‘proof that 10-year-olds post on DL

by Anonymousreply 436September 23, 2023 9:39 PM

"Where he claims to have graduated in the top half of his class and where he was found to have been guilty of plagiarism."

You mean like Melania Trump claims she graduated from a university and has a degree in architecture, then stole Michelle Obama's speech and claimed it was hers? That kind of plagiarism?

by Anonymousreply 437September 23, 2023 9:43 PM

Id be OK with it if it wasn't mostly coming from Trump fans.

Trump is as old as Biden was when they started calling him "Sleepy Joe". Will they call their idol "Sleepy Don"?

by Anonymousreply 438September 23, 2023 9:50 PM

When did Melania run for President R437 ?

by Anonymousreply 439September 23, 2023 10:02 PM

[quote]If it's between him and Trump, I'll vote for Biden again

Jesus. Only complete morons would vote for Trump at this point. Well, plus racists and fascists.

by Anonymousreply 440September 23, 2023 10:04 PM

Don't try to tell me Gavin isn't laying the groundwork for a presidential run

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday vetoed a bill that would have asked judges presiding over custody battles to take into consideration a parent's support for their child's gender identity โ€” a culture war flashpoint that has drawn vocal criticism from the right.

by Anonymousreply 441September 23, 2023 10:05 PM

R434 = Tara READE

by Anonymousreply 442September 23, 2023 10:05 PM

R437 btw So you think the cocaine recently found at the White House belonged to Melania?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443September 23, 2023 10:06 PM

R440, a lot of voters are very angry at Biden, mostly due to inflation, some are angry at the number of migrants entering the US and the border situation. Joe seems unresponsive and his press secretary isn't helping. I don't remember either Clinton or Obama being so out of touch with the populace. Of course republicans are goint to dislike Biden but a large number of independents and some dems are disappointed. As things stand now it's going to be a very close election.

by Anonymousreply 444September 23, 2023 10:11 PM

or maybe it belonged to Don Sr. or Junior. If so, they really need to fire the cleaning staff!

by Anonymousreply 445September 23, 2023 10:11 PM

This thread...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446September 24, 2023 1:16 AM

But you're clearly a Trump supporter, R444, so I'm not much interested in your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 447September 24, 2023 2:05 AM

So different than the young-uns R446

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448September 24, 2023 3:43 AM

R444, you can't be serious. I noted I voted for Biden and will do again, although I wish I had another choice.

by Anonymousreply 449September 24, 2023 3:43 AM

[quote]although I wish I had another choice.

We know, r449...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450September 24, 2023 3:52 AM

We need competency exam. This is not a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 451September 24, 2023 4:26 AM

Biden's border. The number of illegal immigrants entering America in August set a new record, according to data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452September 24, 2023 4:43 AM

President Joe Biden's job approval rating is 19 points underwater, his ratings for handling the economy and immigration are at career lows. A record number of Americans say they've become worse off under his presidency, three-quarters say he's too old for another term and Donald Trump is looking better in retrospect -- all severe challenges for Biden in his reelection campaign ahead.-ABC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453September 24, 2023 4:53 AM

Pick your poison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454September 24, 2023 5:07 AM

and then there's this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455September 24, 2023 5:20 AM

and this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456September 24, 2023 5:21 AM

and again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457September 24, 2023 5:23 AM

Well jeez the coot falls a few times. I guess weโ€™ll take Stalin instead!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 458September 24, 2023 5:33 AM

The fact that the biggest contenders to lead the most powerful nation in the world are Biden and Trump shows just how far America has fallen.

It's ghetto here, now.

by Anonymousreply 459September 24, 2023 5:53 AM

[quote] Pick your poison.

The polls all show the same thing. The nation as a whole doesn't WANT either of them. But also that they want Biden even less than Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460September 24, 2023 6:00 AM

Biden needs to address the migrant crisis now. Liberals have a change of heart when busloads of migrants show up in their city or town. NJ Governor Murphy has stated he doesn't want them and NY Governor Hochul has said to migrants thinking of coming to NY to "Go somewhere else" Residents in Staten Island have been arrested during protests where they attempted to block busloads of migrants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461September 24, 2023 6:20 AM

[quote]three-quarters say he's too old for another term and Donald Trump is looking better in retrospect

Looking better to retards, maybe. Not to people with functioning brains.

by Anonymousreply 462September 24, 2023 7:30 AM

Uhoh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463September 24, 2023 7:40 AM

[quote]If Biden has to step down for health reasons before next November, do you guys think Kamala could beat Trump? It's going to be a crazy enough election as it is, given Trump's legal situation.

The short answer is YES!.

Because at the end of the day, whoever takes that job from the Democratic side is a far, far better choice that a criminal facing 91 indictment and endless court cases all of his own doing, some of which happened even after he left the White House.

by Anonymousreply 464September 24, 2023 7:49 AM

R461, that is not a boarder problem it's a racist Staten Island problem. Birthplace of "The Mob Wives" it an island filled with criminal families and their Ilk. There was a cop injured in that protest by those "fine" Staten Island citizen just for doing his job.

by Anonymousreply 465September 24, 2023 7:57 AM

Racism is in Donald's blood, but dont take my word for it. Just listen to what his actual family member Mary Trump says about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466September 24, 2023 8:04 AM

โ€œthat is not a boarder problemโ€œ

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 467September 24, 2023 9:25 AM

Look, I support Biden, I will vote for Biden. But, he is old lol. He's also not as sharp as he once was. It's just a fact. There is no denying this. And I watch unedited items. Someone I know who works directly with him has told me they are not worried in the slightest about his mental capacity. They've had many conversations with Biden and he's fine. This person would also know as they parent's had issues as they aged. Now.... do I still love the choices we have with these older men? Nope. Do I wish we could get some younger folks in there, yep.

by Anonymousreply 468September 24, 2023 11:05 AM

For those old enough to remember the feeling of hope and anticipation when JFK was inaugurated in 1961, weโ€™ve come a long way . . . but in the wrong direction.

by Anonymousreply 469September 24, 2023 11:22 AM

[quote] the feeling of hope and anticipation when JFK was inaugurated in 1961

Except JFK only proved "hope and anticipation" are no way to pick a preisdent. Jack's presidency was one fuckup after another. But lapdog media leaders like Ben Bradlee closed their eyes each time or made excuses claiming it was actually good.

DUNE was written with the express purpose of warning against following the charismatic politician who leads you down the wrong roads.

โ€œ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‹๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ: "๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ." ๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฏ ๐˜’๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฅ "๐˜ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜š๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜”๐˜ณ. ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ต?" ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ."

by Anonymousreply 470September 24, 2023 11:49 AM

"proof that 10-year-olds post on DL"

Because when you went a serious, Algonquin Round Table like discussion on any subject, you go to the anonymous internet message board that has a "pointless bitchery" sign at the entrance.

Idiot troll.

by Anonymousreply 471September 24, 2023 12:08 PM

R470, Ike got us into Vietnam. In his final interview with Walter Cronkite, JFK was all for exiting Vietnam(โ€œIn the end, itโ€™s their warโ€).

It was LBJ who escalated our involvement in Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 472September 24, 2023 1:00 PM

R456 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473September 24, 2023 1:20 PM

Excuses! Excuses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474September 24, 2023 3:27 PM

Over the hill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475September 24, 2023 3:29 PM

Martha Raddatz practically went into cardiac arrest this morning on โ€œThis Weekโ€ over Bidenโ€™s standings in the latest ABC poll.

by Anonymousreply 476September 24, 2023 4:24 PM

Trolldar r475.

by Anonymousreply 477September 24, 2023 4:29 PM

[Quote] that is not a boarder problem it's a racist Staten Island problem. Birthplace of "The Mob Wives" it an island filled with criminal families and their Ilk. There was a cop injured in that protest by those "fine" Staten Island citizen just for doing his job.

You forgot to mention the NY and NJ Governors. It's not about race. The problems of housing, processing and schooling thousands is a complex one. Just the number of new school entrants is going to call for so many additional teachers and classrooms at a time when there is a teacher shortage. Then there's the language barrier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478September 24, 2023 4:48 PM

R465 it's not simply 'a racist Staten Island problem'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479September 24, 2023 9:41 PM

Well, if it's in the NY Post, r479...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480September 24, 2023 10:17 PM

OP uses only the best sources!

by Anonymousreply 481September 24, 2023 10:20 PM

So you assert that the video in the link below is a fake, R480, because it's in the Post?

Do you have any proof? Are you a Cuomo insider?

You're not just spewing out shit and that sad, shopworn eyeroll gif in order to distract us and prevent us from discussing this, right? You have something to back up your claim that this is "fake news," right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482September 24, 2023 10:24 PM

Goodness, r482, you sound unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 483September 24, 2023 10:28 PM

R482 So true . The person at R480 who I blocked a while ago is using diversion by attacking the credibility of the source and/or the poster. And only a cellar dweller would not realize all the various problems the surge of migrants is causing. It's not fake news!

by Anonymousreply 484September 24, 2023 10:45 PM

It's clear it's become a humanitarian crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485September 24, 2023 10:50 PM

[quote]using diversion by attacking the credibility of the source

You're adorable, r484/ r485 ... go shriek about migrants somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 486September 24, 2023 10:53 PM

[quote]Look, I support Biden, I will vote for Biden. But, he is old lol. He's also not as sharp as he once was.

Why is that funny? You think you are the only one who can see Biden is old? We got it, you don't like the old guy. We really don't need 400 post trying to "inform" us of what you think everyone doesn't know. Your endless ranting about it is just showing what a tool you are from the right. He's old, we know that. We still want him over Trump. Get over it and move on and stop trolling us with your "I will vote for him but" relentless posts.

by Anonymousreply 487September 24, 2023 10:58 PM

[Quote] Mainly he was just seen as a babbling buffoon, given some tolerance as twice his brain had been opened surgically and scooped out.

R202 maybe they scooped out too much

by Anonymousreply 488September 24, 2023 11:22 PM

Voting against Trump may not be enough this time. Itโ€™s has been 4 years since he has been in office. I am not sure he will be enough of a draw. And Biden, love him as a man and a potus, is old old old and not wanted by far to many.

The Dems need energy. They will need enthusiasm . Biden-Harris?

Obama-Newsom or Newsom-Obama. Either way that would be a ticket to get excited over.

But the Dems , at least the Dems of DL, are like the Captain of the Titanic โ€”-nothing to see here , nothing to worry about, go to bed and donโ€™t worry

by Anonymousreply 489September 25, 2023 4:06 PM

[quote]I'm so fucking tired of hearing about Biden's age

I'm afraid the next 13 months are going to be difficult for you. (And the rest of us.)

by Anonymousreply 490September 25, 2023 4:23 PM

[Quote] Because when you went a serious

by Anonymousreply 491September 25, 2023 4:36 PM

Biden could fall into a coma and DL would still accuse people of being Russian trolls for suggesting he may not be fit for duty.

I'm not even American, but I really do not want another Trump presidency. I never want to see that freak again unless he's in an orange jumpsuit. It seems entirely possible that Biden will not be able to run in 2024 for health reasons. It doesn't matter if he's in good health for eighty: he's still eighty. I'd rather he stepped down now and allowed Kamala a year to establish herself as a competent leader before the election.

by Anonymousreply 492September 25, 2023 4:53 PM

"Obama-Newsom or Newsom-Obama. Either way that would be a ticket to get excited over."

Not much of a dream ticket. Neither Barack nor Michelle Obama want the damn job, they had sufficient from 2009 to 2017 and never want to go back.

Republicans would have a field day with a Newsom candidacy. It would be a non-stop barrage about the homelessness in CA, CA's deficit, the out-migration of jobs from CA, its population loss.

Personally, I don't want anyone near the US presidency who has such terrible decision making skills by marrying uber cunt/sexual predator/coke fiend Kimberly Guilfoyle. He may have divorced the witch, but her putrid pussy stench is still on him.

by Anonymousreply 493September 25, 2023 4:55 PM

R493

When Biden does have to drop out for health reason who would you like to see on the ticket?

by Anonymousreply 494September 25, 2023 5:04 PM

R494, Iโ€™m ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille.

by Anonymousreply 495September 25, 2023 6:05 PM

r492-

[quote]I'm not even American,

Then butt out, Kit.

[quote]It seems entirely possible that Biden will not be able to run in 2024 for health reasons.

Anything is possible and you have nothing to base that on except for his age.

[quote]I'd rather he stepped down now and allowed Kamala a year to establish herself as a competent leader before the election.

Really?

by Anonymousreply 496September 25, 2023 6:26 PM

Trump is old too and he says ridiculous things that arenโ€™t true all the time. Itโ€™s just that heโ€™s always been that way. Is that really better, though??

by Anonymousreply 497September 25, 2023 6:27 PM

That's me told, R496!

by Anonymousreply 498September 25, 2023 6:43 PM

[Quote] Well jeez the coot falls a few times. I guess weโ€™ll take Stalin instead!!!!!

Overreact much? There are more ice-cream flavors than vanilla and chocolate. Not everything is either or.

by Anonymousreply 499September 25, 2023 6:53 PM

The real Biden occasionally slips out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500September 25, 2023 9:30 PM

He is clearly no longer fit for re-election. To think Kamala is one broken blood vessel away from the presidency is frightening.

by Anonymousreply 501September 25, 2023 10:12 PM

R500 is a troll because if he were American he would know that "boy" has two meanings, a touchy word when referring to a young black man, but and ALSO totally normal word to use if referring to a younger man. Especially if the person saying it is twice their age. I'm 50 something and when I visit a friend in a retirement home, they still call me young man. I see anyone under 30 as a young man. A guy who is 18 going off to war is just a baby in my book.

by Anonymousreply 502September 25, 2023 10:38 PM

[quote] ALSO totally normal word to use if referring to a younger man.

As an American, no, itโ€™s not, and itโ€™s never okay to refer to a black adult man as that.

by Anonymousreply 503September 25, 2023 11:26 PM

[quote] [R500] is a troll because if he were American

You need to address your alibis for Joe with the insulted American black guys.

[quote] he would know that "boy" has two meanings

Live by political correctness, die by political correctness.

by Anonymousreply 504September 25, 2023 11:47 PM

R241 - Hanged, dear. The proper usage is hanged.

by Anonymousreply 505September 26, 2023 12:22 AM

and ironically R304 it's Biden who had 2 surgeries for leaking arteries on both side of the brain in 1988!

Soon after ending his first presidential bid that year, Biden, who had been suffering from what he thought were headaches and a pinched nerve, collapsed in a hotel room shortly after giving a speech on foreign policy.

In his book "Promises to Keep," Biden says that he was unconscious for over four hours before he woke up in a hospital in Wilmington, Del. The senator was told that an artery was leaking blood into his brain and he was given his last rites by a priest. He was transferred to Walter Reed Medical Center where it was discovered that he had a second aneurysm on the other side of his brain.

Biden immediately underwent a four-and-a-half-hour operation to remove the leaking aneurysm. He had a second surgery in May to repair the other aneurysm and fully recovered after taking a seven-month leave from his seat as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506September 27, 2023 5:42 AM

R506, And JFKโ€™s handlers were fearful of his Addisonโ€™s disease being revealed?

by Anonymousreply 507September 27, 2023 7:40 AM

R503, you have racist issues you need to resolve if you think ever time an adult refers to a very young men as boys it's a racist. What about calling young woman girls? Is that racist too? Sometimes older adults still see young people as girls and boys even though they may actually be young men and young woman. Skin color is irrelevant. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 508September 27, 2023 7:53 AM

R508, Working for an international financial firm in 1999, I was overheard referring to a fellow worker as a โ€œgirlโ€ in an elevator and was called down to HR and admonished.

by Anonymousreply 509September 27, 2023 7:58 AM

Do we really want to talk medical issues r506? Trump wont even release his real medical conditions or even his true weight. He had that personal doctor write a fake over the top description of his health and when called out on it the doctor said basically everyone knows he was just kidding. Except he never did release the actual records.

by Anonymousreply 510September 27, 2023 7:58 AM

What if the delegates at the DNC band together and vote someone other than Joe to be their nominee?

by Anonymousreply 511September 27, 2023 10:47 AM

Biden will never be President in 2024. He's going to have a sudden "health" concern that will make him reluctantly step down a few months before the election, and like a white knight in comes Michelle Obama who will win in a landslide. Obama has already stated how much she would hate the idea of primaries and campaigning, so this works out for her. And the DNC is making their intentions known by their obvious lack of support as the Biden family's nefarious dealings start trickling out. Biden served his purpose, but they need someone less embarrassing going forward. The Republicans don't stand a chance in 2024 regardless of who runs.

by Anonymousreply 512September 27, 2023 11:59 AM

Hmm, Michelle Obama & Kamala Harris r512. Sounds like a disastrous ticket.

by Anonymousreply 513September 27, 2023 2:24 PM

Yes, I do R510. Many people despite terrible diets, smoking, drinking . . .live to old age and perhaps genetics is key here. I know people who were healthy their whole live who unexpectedly died in their late 50s. Besides let's face it the number of falls Biden has taken in public and his cognitive decline starting in 2020 is obvious. He seems frail and confused.

by Anonymousreply 514September 27, 2023 7:20 PM

whole life ^^^

by Anonymousreply 515September 27, 2023 7:21 PM

But he rides a bike!!!

by Anonymousreply 516September 27, 2023 7:22 PM

Several so-called health gurus who didn't live to the average life span.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517September 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Humans start to cognitively decline as soon as we are are in our late 20s, but experienceโ€”in this case, Bidenโ€™s extensive legislative and political careerโ€”can compensate for this.

The average 80-year-old American male is now expected to live another seven years. But Biden has one thing that many people donโ€™t: privilege. His healthy lifestyle and access to world-class medical care mean he has a good chance of outlasting the average life expectancy.

Instead of using this moment to perpetuate ageist stereotypes, we should focus on having a national conversation that puts intergenerational dynamics and policies front and center.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518September 27, 2023 8:12 PM

Michelle Obama is NOT running for president, how many times does she have to say NO for it to sink in?

She's been there, she's done that, does not want to do that again. She has a great life right now, did her duty, kids just out on their own, lots of money, no media fallowing her every move, well respected by most people except the GOP. Why F that up?

by Anonymousreply 519September 27, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote]Humans start to cognitively decline as soon as we are are in our late 20s

By 16 they're useless! The males ones, that is.

by Anonymousreply 520September 27, 2023 8:14 PM

male*

by Anonymousreply 521September 27, 2023 8:15 PM

2 days ago โ€” Michelle Obama to get a check for $741,000 for a one-hour speech about '๐˜ฟ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™„๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ' at Munich conference.

by Anonymousreply 522September 27, 2023 8:23 PM

R518 makes a good point, people like Biden have better access to health care and when you combine that with genetics they live a lot longer. Look at the last 5 presidents some living into their 90s. That's not typical of American lifespan.

Sometimes it's just one medical thing that can add decades to your lifespan. My father had an identical twin brother. My dad lived to 74, his identical twin lived to 91. His brother had one major quad heart bypass in his 50's before actually having a heart attack. That one major medical procedure added 30 years to his life. Access to GOOD medical care and being diligent about regular checkups every 6 months to a year really can make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 523September 27, 2023 8:23 PM

[quote]Michelle Obama to get a check for $741,000 for a one-hour speech about '๐˜ฟ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™„๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ' at Munich conference.

Even more reason it's idiotic to talk about her getting involved in a presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 524September 27, 2023 8:25 PM

[Quote]His healthy lifestyle and access to world-class medical care mean he has a good chance of outlasting the average life expectancy.

but is he merely existing? What about the quality of his life and his cognitive ability? Machines can keep people alive but is that desirable?

by Anonymousreply 525September 27, 2023 8:29 PM

[quote]but is he merely existing?

He's ably directing the most powerful nation on the face of the earth and repeatedly outsmarting an opposition party that claims he's senile, so he's doing a lot more than "merely existing."

by Anonymousreply 526September 27, 2023 8:42 PM

[quote]Obama has already stated how much she would hate the idea of primaries and campaigning, so this works out for her.

R512 = Barbara Bush

by Anonymousreply 527September 27, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote]Obama has already stated how much she would hate the idea of primaries and campaigning, so this works out for her. And the DNC is making their intentions known by their obvious lack of support as the Biden family's nefarious dealings start trickling out.

And so the other MAGA shoe drops.

by Anonymousreply 528September 27, 2023 8:51 PM

Operation Keep Joe Face-Up

President Biden and his campaign are working on a critical project for his re-election bid: Make sure he doesn't trip.

Driving the news: As voters express deep concerns about the 80-year-old president's age and fitness for office, Biden's team is taking extra steps to prevent him from stumbling in public โ€” as he did in June, when he tripped over a sandbag at the Air Force Academy.

With a physical therapist, Biden has been doing exercises to improve his balance as far back as November 2021. Since his stumble in June, he has been wearing tennis shoes more often to avoid slipping โ€” and using the short stairs on Air Force One, entering the plane on a lower deck than before.

Why it matters: Democrats, including some in the administration, are terrified that Biden will have a bad fall โ€” with a nightmare scenario of it happening in the weeks before the November 2024 election.

Zoom in: Some senior Democrats privately have been frustrated with Biden's advance team for months, citing the sandbag incident and noting that the president often appears not to know which direction to go after he speaks at a podium.

-------------

And yet ......September 26, Slipping On Steps Of Air Force One: Biden lost his footing for a moment while making his way down the stairs of Air Force One upon landing in Michigan, as his team takes steps to avoid major falls, according to Axiosโ€”Biden has reportedly been wearing tennis shoes more frequently, uses a shorter stairway to Air Force One and has been working on his balance with a physical therapist for the past two years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529September 27, 2023 8:52 PM

R526 I don't really believe he or Kamala are really leading this country. They merely repeat what they are told to say.

by Anonymousreply 530September 27, 2023 11:05 PM

This is not a leader!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531September 27, 2023 11:08 PM

I don't really believe R526 has full possession of his/her/its brain.

by Anonymousreply 532September 27, 2023 11:15 PM

R369 You really sound like a victim of Trump Derangement Syndrome. And really if you think calling me Boris is clever, or something, it's not, it's fucking stupid. You're incapable of being objective about Joe Biden as long as Trump is around. Eliminate Trump from the equation hypothetically and you still have to deal with the fact that a senile guy who was never very bright or capable to begin with is our President. Yeah, Trump is horrible, but that has nothing whatever to do with Biden, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 533September 28, 2023 12:46 AM

[quote]I don't really believe he or Kamala are really leading this country. They merely repeat what they are told to say.

It's always enlightening to get the Q-Anon perspective.

by Anonymousreply 534September 28, 2023 3:00 AM

Our nation's Capital. Like so many other cities is falling apart and crime ridden. Where are our leaders?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535September 28, 2023 4:09 AM

Violent crime provided the backdrop for a confirmation hearing for D.C.โ€™s acting police chief Wednesday.

The hearing comes a day after D.C. surpassed 200 homicides earlier than any year since 1997.

One of the things acting Chief Pamela Smith touched on during her testimony was juvenile crime, saying two-thirds of carjackings are committed by juveniles under the age of 18.

โ€œWhile the overwhelming majority of youth in the District have no involvement with crime, when some children as young as 12 are engaging in carjackings and other dangerous crimes, it is clear that the current strategies are not an effective deterrent,โ€ she said.

โ€œIn most categories this year, violent crime and property crime is up compared to last year,โ€ said Councilmember Brooke Pinto, who chairs the Public Safety Committee. โ€œRobberies are up 66%. motor vehicle thefts are up 106%. Retail theft seems to be happening everywhere, all the time. Many residents express fears of leaving their homes. Theyโ€™re worried if they or their children go outside, they may be victimized, or worse, not be able to come home that night at all.

โ€œIโ€™ve heard from residents who are ready to move out of the District because they are so scared and frustrated,โ€ she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536September 28, 2023 5:16 AM

[Quote]. go shriek about migrants somewhere else.

Who's shrieking? Do you hear voices in your head?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537September 29, 2023 5:18 AM

Bill Maher says Joe Biden 'will lose' against Donald Trump as he likens him to Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538September 29, 2023 5:40 AM

Bill Maher is a prophet. Listen to him.

veneers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539September 29, 2023 6:06 AM

Bill Maher predicted in 2018 that Trump 'is not leaving even if he loses the 2020 election"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540September 29, 2023 8:35 AM

R539 beware of false prophets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541September 29, 2023 9:17 AM

[quote]Bill Maher predicted in 2018 that Trump 'is not leaving even if he loses the 2020 election"

A lot of people predicted that. You didn't have to be Miss Cleo to see that one coming.

by Anonymousreply 542September 29, 2023 9:34 AM

Any links R542?

by Anonymousreply 543September 29, 2023 4:17 PM

If Miss Cleo were still around you could bet she would be one of Donald's cabinet members. Remember Amorosa?

by Anonymousreply 544September 30, 2023 10:29 AM

Bill Maher is a prophet??? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545September 30, 2023 10:32 AM

Bill Maher has some Arab ancestry he's desperate to hide. That's why he makes these pro Israel statements, to try to deflect from that.

by Anonymousreply 546September 30, 2023 6:49 PM

[quote]Any links R542?

Do your own research. It isn't difficult.

by Anonymousreply 547September 30, 2023 6:57 PM

R547 I did and found nothing to support what you claim. How odd?

by Anonymousreply 548September 30, 2023 7:05 PM

No, you didn't, r548! We can see you, you were scratching your balls!

by Anonymousreply 549September 30, 2023 7:09 PM

Why would Bill Maher be "desperate" to hide any Arab ancestry?

by Anonymousreply 550September 30, 2023 7:41 PM

R549 then prove me wrong. It should be easy apparently or do I need a colonoscope to read your source?

by Anonymousreply 551September 30, 2023 8:23 PM

Jesus Christ, r551, calm down, it was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 552September 30, 2023 8:29 PM

[Quote] No, you didn't, [R548]! We can see you, you were scratching your balls! [Quote] Jesus Christ, [R551], calm down, it was a joke

I am calm and that was some joke R552 R449

by Anonymousreply 553September 30, 2023 8:43 PM

Biden is only TWO YEARS older than this old piece of shit, Dump who is morbidly obese and completely unhealthy. His evilness is seen as his being powerful and full of vigor to his Neanderthal base.

by Anonymousreply 554September 30, 2023 8:44 PM

And he rides a bike, r554!

by Anonymousreply 555September 30, 2023 8:48 PM

I think Trump's age is not mentioned as often because he's so fucking crazy that's his most prominent trait.

by Anonymousreply 556September 30, 2023 8:48 PM

[Quote] Biden is only TWO YEARS older than this old piece of shit, Dump who is morbidly obese and completely unhealthy. His evilness is seen as his being powerful and full of vigor to his Neanderthal base.

but that still doesn't make Biden any less frail, confused and prone to falling R554

by Anonymousreply 557September 30, 2023 8:50 PM

^^ I have no idea how this post migrated here from the "underwhelmed" thread. And yet, it did. ^^

by Anonymousreply 558September 30, 2023 9:01 PM

Joe has joined the discussion at R558

by Anonymousreply 559September 30, 2023 9:03 PM

Even on his worst, most senile day (if there really is such a thing), Joe Biden is infinitely better for the United States and democracy than some overgrown, immature, childish, deranged, pissant, megalomaniacal, perverted, dictator wannabe, emotionally disturbed dickhead like Donald J. Trump.

And all the Trump ass lickers and cock suckers on this thread can go fuck yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 560September 30, 2023 9:30 PM

I would rather have a President who can ride a bike and take a nap in the middle of the day than one who lives of McDonalds and needs more criminal defense attorneys.

by Anonymousreply 561September 30, 2023 9:40 PM

R560, there's black, white and grey.

by Anonymousreply 562September 30, 2023 9:41 PM

We get it, he rides a bike.

by Anonymousreply 563September 30, 2023 9:42 PM

I want a President who can get elected. Noting else matters,

by Anonymousreply 564September 30, 2023 9:43 PM

[quote]I would rather have a President who can ride a bike and take a nap in the middle of the day than one who lives of McDonalds and needs more criminal defense attorneys.

Well, enjoy it while you can.

by Anonymousreply 565September 30, 2023 9:43 PM

[quote]We get it, he rides a bike.

No you don't get it. The bike is an indicator of good health. Trump cant ride a bike. He literally is too fat and would get winded. You want to argue about who's too old, lets look at who's in such poor shape they cant do anything more than ride in a golf cart.

You want to argue dementia? How many actual people with that are out riding a bike every day getting regular exercise? Not many.

by Anonymousreply 566September 30, 2023 9:53 PM

I will R565, and if he needs to step down and Kamala take over, I will enjoy that too.

by Anonymousreply 567September 30, 2023 9:54 PM

[quote]No you don't get it. The bike is an indicator of good health.

Not when you keep falling off.

by Anonymousreply 568September 30, 2023 9:58 PM

[quote]here's black, white and grey.

There's no gray where Donald Trump is concerned. He's an ongoing threat to democracy and to this country. So take your bothsidesism and shove it.

by Anonymousreply 569September 30, 2023 9:59 PM

Everyone looks healthy compared to Trump, r566, even my grandmother, and she died 18 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 570September 30, 2023 10:01 PM

when was the last time Joe was seen riding a bike?

by Anonymousreply 571September 30, 2023 10:01 PM

[quote]So take your bothsidesism and shove it.

You take that word, bothsiderism*, which you seem to love, and shove it.

by Anonymousreply 572September 30, 2023 10:04 PM

R571...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573September 30, 2023 10:07 PM

[Quote] Everyone looks healthy compared to Trump, [R566], even my grandmother, and she died 18 years ago.

Do you keep her corpse propped up in your basement where you can have chats with her?

by Anonymousreply 574October 1, 2023 1:14 AM

Oh look they found Trumps bike at r573. How fitting.

Adults ride real bikes without training wheels - Joe.

by Anonymousreply 575October 1, 2023 1:58 AM

Joe needs a walker; not a bike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576October 1, 2023 2:24 AM

R139 I've seen him before. He's so deliciously cunty to the people and he's so deliciously hot.

by Anonymousreply 577October 1, 2023 2:35 AM

Everyone trips now and then r576, remember when Hillary fainted from virus and all the Pre MAGAts were saying she was going to die any day now.

by Anonymousreply 578October 1, 2023 2:42 AM

R576 posting from last year. Meanwhile, Biden still getting his exercise in riding his bike while trump cant even walk to the next hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579October 1, 2023 2:46 AM

I like presidents that dont use their limo as a toilet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580October 1, 2023 2:50 AM

R578 there's a difference between a trip and a fall This is a fall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581October 1, 2023 2:50 AM

Biden's a trip!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582October 1, 2023 2:51 AM

R581, You canโ€™t have one without the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583October 1, 2023 2:52 AM

Trump thinks he beat Obama in the election and that we are headed to WW2. TWO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584October 1, 2023 2:54 AM

R582, That never gets old, same for the Diana scream.

by Anonymousreply 585October 1, 2023 2:55 AM

This never gets old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586October 1, 2023 2:57 AM

Trump only attracts the best people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587October 1, 2023 3:01 AM

but Biden's gotten so old!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588October 1, 2023 3:01 AM

President Ford 1974-1978 was known for stumbling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589October 1, 2023 3:02 AM

Chevy Chase did a number of skits as Ford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590October 1, 2023 3:03 AM

Bless your heart R583 you really like that but it's not funny. Can't you come up with something new Pete Repete

by Anonymousreply 591October 1, 2023 3:06 AM

Even Fox is admitting Trump is losing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592October 1, 2023 3:07 AM

Trump has signs of Dementia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593October 1, 2023 3:08 AM

Is there going to be a part 2 of this thread?

by Anonymousreply 594October 1, 2023 3:08 AM

Awkward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595October 1, 2023 3:09 AM

Is there going to be a Part 2 of Biden's gaffe compilations?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596October 1, 2023 3:10 AM

Trump gets in into the act

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597October 1, 2023 3:12 AM

Biden Slips On Air Force One Stairs After Staff Try To Prevent Major Fallsโ€”As Gaffes Raise Concerns About His Age

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598October 1, 2023 3:14 AM

"We choose truth over facts"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599October 1, 2023 3:16 AM

Trump does Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 1, 2023 3:17 AM

TRUMP RAPED A 13YO GIRL WITH EPSTEIN!!

by Anonymousreply 601October 1, 2023 3:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!