Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump to appear on NBC’s “Meet the Press” this Sunday (Sept 17) in pre-taped interview by new host Kristen Welker

Is NBC giving him free air time full of softball questions, or will Kristin grill him and hold his feet to the fire?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 26, 2023 4:25 AM

Ignore this orange lying motherfucking criminal.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2023 4:56 AM

NO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2023 4:57 AM

Is she a very nasty woman, too?

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2023 5:13 AM

The new host is certainly getting off on the wrong foot with this. Very disappointing of MTP to do this.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2023 10:03 PM

Can anyone remember when Meet the Press was actually a good show?

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2023 10:05 PM

I like her a lot. I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. For her first show she needed to interview either Trump or Biden to make a splash.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2023 10:08 PM

Watching. Every word he says is a lie.

He kept saying that democrats kill infants after birth among his many stupid shit he says

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2023 1:38 PM

His hair is getting increasingly weird(er).

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2023 1:48 PM

After the flack CNN received for giving Trump a forum, she certainly turns up the pressure for herself with this. Ordinarily I'd shout 'hubris '. But I don't know her yet, so I reserve judgement.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2023 2:07 PM

She is going to continue the policy of "both sides-ism" where the media thinks good journalism consists of giving him airtime. Fascism and sedition do not deserve the platform.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2023 2:07 PM

He blames Jan. 6 entirely on Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2023 2:14 PM

I'm all for interviewing Trump, but there's a huge difference between an interview with tough questions and follow-ups to what Kristen Welker did in her interview with Trump. She let him spew all his lies with ZERO pushback.

Also, why does she call him "Mr. President"?

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2023 2:16 PM

Did she ask him what kind of tree...

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2023 2:17 PM

[quote]His hair is getting increasingly weird(er

Do they have the same hair stylist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2023 2:23 PM

Yeah, if you’re going to give him a forum rather than push back on him, then fuck you. All they’re doing is legitimizing right wing rags like FauxNews.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2023 2:26 PM

This interview is off the rails because you cannot have a rational discussion with someone who makes up facts as a convenience and continues to lie with every utterance out of his big trap. Kristen is trying to ask follow-up questions and fact-check him in real time, which is difficult to do. She had to break up the interview to make clear what the facts are — like Nancy Pelosi is not responsible for January 6 and late-term abortions are extremely rare.

It is annoying as hell that she keeps referring to him as “Mr. President.”

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2023 3:13 PM

The only good reason for giving him a forum is to have him volunteer provable facts about his own involvement in all the crimes he's indicted for.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2023 4:21 PM

There is no good reason to give him a forum, R17. The people who know he lies already know that. MAGATS see this as giving him credibility.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2023 6:11 PM

No, R18, you seem to have missed R17’s point. It had nothing to do with showing the never-tRumpers that he lies because yes, they already know that. The reason to let him open his trap was to say something that is going to be very problematic in court. And, he obliged.

[quote] "It was my decision," Trump told NBC's "Meet the Press" program, that the election was "rigged" against him, adding that he relied heavily upon his own "instincts" in coming to that conclusion.

[quote] His comments on Sunday could undermine one of his possible legal defenses - that he relied on the advice of his lawyers in continuing to challenge his defeat. U.S. courts threw out dozens of legal challenges from Trump's campaign and allies following the November 2020 election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2023 6:54 PM

The only nice thing I can say about this interview is he admitted that it was his decision to say that the election was rigged, and that he ignored WH lawyers who told him that was false. So, he can’t use the defense that he was just following legal advice.

Otherwise, she let him spew lies and it’s regrettable.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2023 7:02 PM

NBC, why not televise the interview in its entirety? I think there is too much reliance on cable access, which is unavailable to a sizable portion of the electorate.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2023 7:05 PM

Well, he also minimised the importance of Biden’s age which is good for Biden.

And he came out against abortion bans which is ironic since it’s the 3 justices he appointed to SCOTUS that ensured that happened. No one is going to trust him on abortion but he’s done a good job of highlighting that the GOP has a losing position on that. Won’t stop the White “Christian” Nationalists that make up his base.

So he’s done a good job for Biden there.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2023 7:08 PM

Also, future interviewers should directly challenge tRump’s false assertion that Democrats are in favor of after-birth abortions. They are not. There is no evidence that they are. Nor has any credible, responsible doctor ever performed one. If they did, they’d be charged with murder because that is what killing a baby once they are born is considered by the law.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2023 7:13 PM

[quote]Also, future interviewers should directly challenge tRump’s false assertion that Democrats are in favor of after-birth abortions.

Welker did say Trump was wrong on this. Trump just kept talking over her as she did so.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2023 7:15 PM

Yes, R24, she did attempt to say several times that he was wrong about the Dems being in favor of after-birth abortion. What she didn’t do was say that it’s a completely false assertion because not only has no Democrat ever advocated for that, but no one has ever had such a procedure and no doctors would perform one because that is murder of a living, breathing child.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2023 7:24 PM

There is no such thing as an after birth abortion. I fucking hate Repukes for perpetuating that idea. Fucking liars.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2023 7:25 PM

He is out of his mind!!

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2023 7:25 PM

That wouldn’t be an abortion. That would be infanticide.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2023 7:37 PM

He seems senile to me. Always vague and telling lies. And he is 77 compared to Biden’s 80. Tick tock ladies.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2023 7:48 PM

Trump is a figgin lying criminal.

Aside from that--and although he would disagree--he needs a bit of a haircut. The weight of it now, all grown out is causing it to not hold its shape. Let's face it, his hair always looks like shit. But it's particularly overgrown and unkempt at the moment. Trump just thinks he can continue wrapping this bird's nest around his head and hold it in place with hairspray. Donny, it ain't working.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Welker shouldn't survive this.

Incompetent, stupid, eye-bugging market tool.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2023 8:33 PM

Can it really be that Chuck Todd voluntarily gave up his stewardship of MTP? Hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2023 9:53 PM

Disappointed in Welker. She’s a seasoned mainstream media personality and should know better, you can’t interview trump like a normal politician.

He’s a fascist and should be shunned by all “normal” media.

If he gets back in office, it’ll be Putin 2.0. And we know what he does to journalists that put him in bad light

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2023 10:04 PM

I sure hope to see campaign ads next year linking Trump to the tyrants leading Russia & North Korea.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2023 10:07 PM

Why was she calling him president trump?

She really dropped the ball. MAGAs hate reporters like her anyway and the of us are like WTF

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2023 10:10 PM

Did she learn nothing from the Kaitlan Collins fiasco?!

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2023 10:16 PM

NBC should not allow its reporters and anchors to address him as “President Trump.”

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2023 10:17 PM

However you feel about it, the fact remains that he dug himself deeper and damaged his defense.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2023 10:18 PM

[quote]He’s a fascist and should be shunned by all “normal” media.

Bad news: “normal” media are not going to ignore the putative GOP nominee for President.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2023 10:37 PM

His hair looks more & more like Boris Johnson. And why, when seated, does he always look like he’s on the toilet?

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2023 11:05 PM

He was a sweaty red mess with clown hair and spewed lie after lie without making sense. Looks like he is one hamberder from a bypass. His rambling makes less sense, the more he repeats it.

I have never seen anything from the lady that interviewed him but she didn't "hold her own" with this interview; her voice and presence were too weak to make an impact amongst his rancid bellowing. If you're going to put a journalist in that position --man or woman-- go for someone with some heft to their presence and voice. Get some who will bellow back at that fat, traitorous asshole. What's the worst that will happen, he waddles off?

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2023 11:36 PM

Miss me yet?

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2023 11:38 PM

R42, I was one who always liked Chuck Todd on MTP ... & on his podcasts.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2023 11:45 PM

Isn't it funny when Trump refuses to participate in his own party's debates, he takes a pass with the excuse that everyone knows who he is and where he stands. Media drops the subject without a second thought, but when they want ratings "oh it's our job to pay both sides even if one is a fascist party" And lets just keep talking about Biden's age over and over and over again. No we wont drop that. Even though everyone knows Biden's age.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2023 11:56 PM

#FireKristen Welker

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2023 11:59 PM

KRISTINE WELCOME IS AN UGLY DOG! TOO UGLY TO GRAB HER PUSSY!

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2023 2:25 AM

Welker did a good job. The best part of her taking over MTP is no more of that Pleska cunt.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2023 3:43 AM

R47, what does that mean? Is there a reason Pleska would not appear on the show with Welker?

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2023 3:49 AM

R47 must be talking out of his/her ass. What I did notice during Todd’s reign was that Trump sycophants like Hugh Hewitt lost their NBC gigs. The Republican voices on the panels were either of the Never Trump variety or Trump critics like Pleska.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2023 4:57 AM

Hewitt always losing his job. He's like a bad cartoon version of a conservative. I have never heard anyone say they like that guy, not even other conservatives. Everyone just tolerates him because he fit the profile. "How about let get a counterpoint on this show, I wonder if Huwitt is free."

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2023 6:12 AM

Pleska was not a Trump critic.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2023 7:30 AM

Kristen Welker is a national disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2023 8:13 AM

Look, the American media and the MAGA base may think Trump is a viable candidate - for their headlines at least - and the American media is doing everything they can to make it seem like a close race, platforming their fake, biased polls, etc. But I have serious doubts that the majority of the American electorate - including people who have voted for Trump before - are going to vote against the rule of law. When Trump talks about considering a pardon for Enrique Tarrio and pardoning the J6 rioters who have been rightfully convicted, I don’t think there is majority support for that. It’s a turn-off. You’re talking about a sizeable number of voters that doesn’t even want student loans forgiven - I seriously doubt they’re going to want that criminal element on the street. And by then, Trump himself will probably already be convicted in the D.C. case, with the way he’s going with all of his incriminating public statements, looks to be an open and shut case. I don’t see it happening. He’s already lost MI, AZ, GA, PA, likely WI. Math is a thing people. And I don’t see a path to victory no matter how many national “popular vote” polls the GOP fixes up. Joe Biden has multiple paths to victory. Trump doesn’t have one.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2023 8:29 AM

He's so menacing in this interview. Threatening, delusional, vengeful, sucking air through his teeth... If he wins he will send enemies to concentration camps.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2023 9:40 AM

[quote] Pleska was not a Trump critic.

She engages in too much bothsidesims, but she certainly is a critic.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2023 9:59 AM

[quote] But I have serious doubts that the majority of the American electorate - including people who have voted for Trump before - are going to vote against the rule of law.

Then there's this little thing about his cozying up to Putin, even in the context of Putin's war on Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2023 10:01 AM

Did they ask him about his ice cream cone?

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2023 10:03 AM

Plus I HATED her fucked up hoop earrings.

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2023 12:24 PM

Hewitt is ugly as fuck too. Who the fuck wants to look at that mug spewing garbage

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2023 3:13 PM

R56, I’m not sure what you mean by “…even in the context of Putin’s war on Ukraine.” There’s no separating his love of Putin from Putin’s war in Ukraine. Just to be clear: the idea that the U.S. would cease support of the Ukrainians would be the end of democracy as we know it. It truly would be a back to the drawing board moment while the world braces for the eventual nihilism of authoritarian rule.

I’m not necessarily referring to you - because I don’t know you - but there are some Americans, who probably think of themselves as moderates, who think it’s fashionable to voice opposition of our being an ally to Ukraine. This is absolute nonsense. Are Americans really going to align ourselves with Putin, Kim Jong un and China? For real? We would quickly become the pariahs on the world stage that Putin and Kim Jong un are - our democratic allies Canada, France, Germany, the UK and EU as a whole would very quickly step away from us. Trump warns about WW3 (or WW2, sometimes) but that is absolutely where we would be heading if the U.S. surrenders the Ukraine to Russia.

Our support is costing us nothing - comparatively NOTHING - and it is destroying Putin who can’t even get the Russian people to fight his war and has resorted to pressing convicts into military service. It has not only revealed Putin to be all bark and no bite on the battlefield but it’s also strengthened NATO alliances and chilled China’s foreign policy.

Withdrawing support would lead to a genocide of the Ukrainian people, with rape and murder by Russian troops. The American people absolutely cannot abandon them to this fate. The only resolution is to push Russia out and it is by no means a hopeless task.

This is another reason - among many - that Trump must be stopped because he’s so dumb he’ll just hand the Ukraine over to Putin, emboldening other authoritarians and triggering the demise of democracy around the world.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2023 4:24 PM

Also, what do you think of the U.S. providing military aid to Russia? Yeah. Because that’s where this would be going. Withdrawal of support from Ukraine, military aid to Russia in opposition to all of our democratic allies. Think about that.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2023 4:28 PM

R59, lest there be any doubt, I am in complete agreement with you about Ukraine. I fully subscribe to Tom Friedman's assessment in yesterday's Times:

"This is as obvious a case of right versus wrong, good versus evil, as you find in international relations since World War II."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2023 8:31 PM

That Pleska bitch had jenky, plaque-y teeth. Get some decent veneers, honey!

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2023 1:29 AM

She is taking it on the chin from critics.

[quote]Kristen Welker received a cacophony of criticism for the execution of her "Meet the Press" debut interview with former President Donald Trump. But media analysts say while the interview was a failure for Welker, it also doesn't bode well for future media coverage of Trump as he runs for president once again.

[quote]The interview on Sunday morning was full of lies from the former president, which was anticipated. What was surprising to many was the lack of effort by Welker and NBC to effectively fact-check Trump and his egregious attempts to avoid the truth, something experts say needs to be rectified to avoid media mistakes from coverage of Trump's run for president in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2023 2:42 AM

[quote]When Trump talks about considering a pardon for Enrique Tarrio and pardoning the J6 rioters who have been rightfully convicted, I don’t think there is majority support for that.

The Democrats need to grow a pair and create a Williy Horton add with that just like Republicans did back in the day. Show a prison door being open, show the guy walking out, show the most violent actual video for Jan 6th. That's how it should be done. Would it be visceral? Yes, that's the point. That's how a good ad works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2023 2:55 AM

Not a word of criticism of Welker on having Trump on from any MSNBC talking head. They sure talked trash about CNN when they did it.

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2023 3:02 AM

How did it go?

by Anonymousreply 67September 21, 2023 3:24 AM

R66 No criticism by whom? Many anti Trump journalists online condemned the lack of pushback

by Anonymousreply 68September 21, 2023 7:53 AM

R68, yes, criticized by everyone except any NBC or MSNBC employee.

by Anonymousreply 69September 21, 2023 2:16 PM

Watching Meet the Press. Dare I say she’s worse than Chuck Todd.

NBC needs to scrap this program and start over

by Anonymousreply 70September 24, 2023 1:29 PM

Now two weeks in, I like the fact that she doesn’t feel the need to add “party-identified” talking heads to her panel discussions. She has journalists from places like the Washington Post, NBC, etc. to talk about the issues. It makes for a better exchange because you don’t have people pushing their competing political agendas.

Chuckles Toad would sometimes put his thumb on the scale by adding more Repukes than he did Dems.

by Anonymousreply 71September 24, 2023 3:35 PM

You watched a very different Chuck Todd-hosted Meet the Press than did I, R71.

by Anonymousreply 72September 24, 2023 5:09 PM

R71 she has her pals on the panel. Peter Alexander is one of her besties.

She's kind of moronic. A teaser for this week's show had her heralding 'Mr. President' Trump going to Detriot before Biden, yet Biden had already scheduled for Tuesday to beat Trump there. It wasn't edited for that correction, making her click bait tactics obvious and a day late, a dollar short.

by Anonymousreply 73September 24, 2023 5:56 PM

WHET Luke Russert, the heir-apparent-in-waiting? Ready yet?

by Anonymousreply 74September 25, 2023 6:31 PM

The show should have been cancelled/put out to pasture when Tim Russert died.

Can’t network TV have some creativity? It’s the same shit rehashed over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 75September 25, 2023 6:58 PM

Some of this ep. will be included in a video I am currently creating. It is a comedic lampoon of Trump. He tells one of his lies (I e. opens his mouth), followed by by a snippet from a movie or tv show that destroys his lie. When uploading anything to YouTube, it checks for copyright infringements. If I run afowl of that, the video won't be available.

by Anonymousreply 76September 26, 2023 4:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!