Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mrs. Kathy and Cher are no longer speaking

Kathy revealed on an Instagram live today that she has not spoken to Cher since the presidents-head-photo-thing. She then goes on to speculate that it's because Cher does a call-in every year to the Andys' NYE special, so Cher has picked a side. This seems like a reach.

I like Kathy and I wish her well. If she continues to hang in there, she'll get her flowers eventually.

by Anonymousreply 138December 14, 2023 3:23 AM

Wake the children.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2023 11:18 PM

Keep on hating. Team Kathy forever.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2023 11:30 PM

[quote] I like Kathy and I wish her well. If she continues to hang in there, she'll get her flowers eventually.

Yes, a lovely bouquet of oleander and wisteria would do nicely.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2023 11:36 PM

Op What are you on about?

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2023 11:38 PM

Cher is a cunt. Her whole act is wearing thin. Isn’t she due for ANOTHER farewell lipsync tour? I appreciate things she’s done but she’s a bitch and total famewhore, that’s why she picked Andy. Like or not, Miss Andy has dirt on the higher ups and power at NBCU and beyond.

Miss Kathy will be vindicated but it might take years. Miss Andy will fall from power and this whole reality reckoning might be the thing to do it.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2023 11:38 PM

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure Miss Andy could just ruin Cher.

She'll never turn a card up any more!

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2023 11:42 PM

[quote]Miss Kathy will be vindicated but it might take years.

That will never happen R5. It's too late. I'm sure Cher is a massive cunt but Griffin's problem is that she can't keep her fucking trap shut and behave with even a modicum of dignity. And in not being able to do so, she has completely squandered her public support to the point where now when most people see or hear her they just want her to go away and the fuck up and never hear from her again.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2023 11:44 PM

R7 the gays still want her. Her comeback tour was sold out.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2023 11:46 PM

I agree the real Cherilyn is very different than her persona. Why does she always diss her own albums? Apparently she's releasing a Christmas one next.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2023 12:05 AM

Kathy lost me with the trannie luncheon.

I'm sure Cher saw even more crazy than we ever did.

Also ,Cher has dumped better people for less reason.

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2023 12:19 AM

Cherilyn????

WTF? Are you from Kentucky?

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2023 12:25 AM

R11, do you not know Cher’s real name?

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2023 12:28 AM

Her full name is Cherilyn Sarkisian.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2023 12:29 AM

Too many Fraus, Gen Z Yaaasss Kweens, and LSA cunts here now.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2023 12:29 AM

[quote] Cher does a call-in every year to the Andys' NYE special, so Cher has picked a side

This seems so low-stakes. Andy Cohen? CNN's NYE special? Cher needed this kind of exposure?

On the other hand, Kathy said that Kris Jenner and Melanie Griffith helped her through her Donald Trump debacle. Who would have guessed?

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2023 12:34 AM

I like both Kathy and Cher.

C'mon, make up, girls.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2023 2:04 AM

scissor sisters

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2023 2:11 AM

Andy was in my dream last night and I was walking through what seemed like a Midtown NYC ad agency decor on a Friday night, he was sitting there researching something on a laptop. I remember saying, Hey Andy, shouldn't you be out somewhere on a Friday night?" He replied, "I know, right?". Most boring dream in the history of dreams, I know. But I usually rag the shit out of Andy Cohen. Not anymore. He was cool to me in my dream, therefore I will be cool to him in real life.

- Stoned But Not Stupid

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2023 2:15 AM

R1, the fly that makes a turd of everything.

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2023 2:30 AM

Am I supposed to know who "Kathy" is?

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2023 2:34 AM

How humiliating for you, R11

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2023 2:39 AM

Cher is an old woman and Kathy is a relentless drama queen with a well-tended enemies list and thousands of complaints.

Ain't nobody got time for that, especially Cher.

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2023 2:51 AM

Meryl Streep (who has been very kind to Cher) said there was a time when Cher just stopped calling. Maybe Kathy should let it go.

by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2023 2:58 AM

R23 Mary Louise said that?

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2023 3:13 AM

We don't have to pick teams because they do, sheep.

by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2023 3:20 AM

I think Cher is basically a lonely person. Her kids are weirdos. She's 77 and hates it. She sees someone funny on TV and tries to befriend them, with mixed results. All that money and she can't even find love.

by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2023 3:45 AM

How’s her Kris Jenner Collection male accessory?

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2023 3:52 AM

Cher has her sister, Georganne LaPiere, and her best friend, Paulette Betts, former wife of guitarist for the Allman Brothers Band, Dickey Betts.

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2023 4:23 AM

Why would Cher even want to talk to Kathy Garver? She hasn't been relevent in 40 years!

by Anonymousreply 29September 14, 2023 4:52 AM

Cher never even had Kathy Garver on her show. And vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 30September 14, 2023 5:11 AM

Cher is an 80 year old woman! I'm sure she's tired most of the time; and would wish to spend her time more productively than dealing 💯 with the homosexual community and their made up shit

by Anonymousreply 31September 14, 2023 5:14 AM

R31. I am 77, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 32September 14, 2023 5:49 AM

Cher doesn’t even remember Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 33September 14, 2023 6:14 AM

If I could turn back time… taaaoooomme.. tioooomme..

by Anonymousreply 34September 14, 2023 6:22 AM

Cher was friends with Tina Turner.

Frankly, I like Kathy, but I can see how she'd be TIRING as a friend. Demanding all kinds of loyalty.

by Anonymousreply 35September 14, 2023 6:25 AM

Kathy, like Harry and Meghan, has become too wedded to her grievances. She's now defined by them.

by Anonymousreply 36September 14, 2023 6:31 AM

Love Kathy. She's had a rough time. But she's a smart cookie.

by Anonymousreply 37September 14, 2023 6:33 AM

So, do we extrapolate from this that Cher is a closeted Republicunt?

by Anonymousreply 38September 14, 2023 8:00 AM

Kathy Griffin used her relationships for fodder for the act and her public. Is it any wonder people move in?

by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2023 8:51 AM

R32 I read that in Cher's voice, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 40September 14, 2023 10:17 AM

[quote]Kathy... has become too wedded to her grievances.

She was put on no fly lists, investigated by the Secret Service, and lost income because she was photographed with a mannequin head covered in ketchup. I don't care how anyone feels about Kathy, but what happened to her was wrong. She should never shut up about that. But at least now she knows who her friends really are.

by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2023 11:47 AM

R41 I agree that was bad. But fame is not permanent. I suspect her time in the sun is coming to an end. Kathy and her constant problems are exhausting. We have moved on.

by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2023 1:09 PM

R26 I went to NYU with Chas briefly in the late 80s and knew her casually…as in a nod of the head to acknowledge recognition. This was during Cher’s Bagel Boy / Silk Building era. Chas was nice enough, but poker faced, not humorous, and never talked about her parents…in other words, understandably guarded.

I had another friend (a TSOA girl…although the school is mostly referred to as Tisch nowadays) who knew Chas better and had been over her place. She told me Cher was rarely home and when she was home, she and Rob were wrapped around each other like a pretzel a pretzel. Chas was very butch and everyone (except Sonny & Cher) knew she was gay.

Years later and the people I still keep up with agreed that none of us had seen the sex reassignment coming. I knew two other kids who had been post-op transsexual at school but they were both male to female.

As far as Cher, I agree with you. She never found another great love after Rob and she is surrounded by trusted girlfriends but they are on the payroll. She should have made it work with Rob. He was devoted to her. But by that time she was no longer Cher but CHER and could make no relationship work through the finish line.

by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2023 1:48 PM

One of the Jenners was Kathy's next-door neighbor when she bought the big mansion. Kathy had said she was surprised how nice and neighborly Kris was. Not sure how Melanie Griffiths fits in but she seems big hearted, too.

by Anonymousreply 44September 14, 2023 2:11 PM

Kathy is a life long "needy" person and her needs are part of her shtick. But she needs to be less needy if she wants to keep friends.

by Anonymousreply 45September 14, 2023 2:12 PM

cher called madonna a cunt in an interview. a classic case of projection

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2023 3:14 PM

[quote] She was put on no fly lists, investigated by the Secret Service, and lost income because she was photographed with a mannequin head covered in ketchup.

You would be arguing the complete opposite if it had been Dennis Miller cavorting with a mock-up of Obama's bloody head.

by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2023 9:42 PM

nope

by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2023 10:10 PM

R47 = Ted Nugent.

by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2023 10:22 PM

Some friends last a year, some 10 years, some a lifetime. Same with marriages.

It's not unusual that people drift from each other in real life and in show business. Friendship requires work, some more than others, but you have to put some work into it, and you have to be there for each other at least on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Kathy's stand-up took a major nosedive around the time she started hanging out with the likes of Cher. She just started to recap reality shows, as well as telling painfully unfunny stories about her new celebrity friends. For instance, Kathy and Cher trying -- and failing -- to order a pizza. "How does pizza happen?!"

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2023 12:33 AM

Kathy's playing this wrong. At this stage, she's not only been utterly vindicated with regard to the cheeto picture, but many more people have said much worse.

All she needs to do is play nice, meaning stop antagonizing people, and she'll be welcomed back. Going scorched earth with people at this point is simply asking to be exiled forever.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2023 12:41 AM

[QUOTE] All she needs to do is play nice, meaning stop antagonizing people, and she'll be welcomed back.

But if she did that she wouldn't be Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2023 12:55 AM

[quote]She just started to recap reality shows

In all fairness to Kathy, her reality show recaps were incredibly popular with her main demo. All those Real Housewives shows were very popular, even here on DL. Plus it helped that she had a contract with Bravo at the time.

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2023 1:01 AM

I'm so pretty, oh so witty

by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Kathy has a long list of people who she is no longer friends with(Brooke Shields, Anderson Cooper to name a few) She seems like a lot work.

by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2023 1:21 AM

beech is hot mess

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2023 1:40 AM

R49 = Slack-jawed, drooling moron

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2023 1:53 AM

lying in a den in bombay with a slack jaw and not much to say

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2023 2:12 AM

Kathy has tons of baggage and has always had a lot of negativity surrounding her long before the Trump incident. I don’t blame people for distancing themselves from her.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2023 2:22 AM

Kathy seems like she has a personality disorder. I’m not saying that to be unkind. I think she’s very smart and talent. But also desperate and disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2023 2:37 AM

Believe it or nor, it’s probably insecurity on Cher’s part. She sounds like someone who finds it challenging to renew friendships.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2023 2:47 AM

Kathy has borderline personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2023 3:14 AM

R62, she has the same friends she’s had since she was 12. Kathy thinks show biz friends are friends. She’s an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2023 3:15 AM

[quote]Kathy revealed on an Instagram live today that she has not spoken to Cher since the presidents-head-photo-thing. She then goes on to speculate that it's because Cher does a call-in every year to the Andys' NYE special, so Cher has picked a side.

Maybe Cher understands that being a famous person involves not being publicly associated with someone posting a simulation of a beheading of the president of the United States. It seems that Kathy wanted everyone to dumb down and disingenuously pretend she didn't mean it as a political statement and that it was just a meaningless photo of a plastic head covered in ketchup, and she was very bothered that most people didn't treat it disingenuously and said she went too far. Most of those people were trying to be responsible...Kathy's still taking names.

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2023 4:38 AM

Yeah, I think Kathy mistook Andy Cohen as an actual friend. He was a work contact, not a friend.

On the other hand, I think Cher may have been an actual friend. But the friendship meant more to Kathy than it did to Cher. Cher is the bigger star, obviously.

I do think Kathy is possibly BPD. Her mom was the only person who loved her unconditionally and her mom died.

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2023 5:53 AM

Not a huge fan of Cher's music.

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2023 8:11 PM

According to online, BPD is the most emotionally painful mental illness to live with.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2023 8:13 PM

I listened to an episode of Rosie O'Donnell's podcast earlier today with guest Jenifer Lewis. The subject of BPD came up and at one point they brought up an unnamed mutual friend with BPD that they have both cut all ties with recently. Rosie mentioned something to the effect that no matter how much support she had offered this person, they always treated her like she'd never done anything for them ever. My mind immediately jumped to Mrs. Kathy, but I could be wrong.

The BPD conversation starts around 27:20 at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2023 10:54 PM

When Rosie O'Donnell thinks you're crazy...I mean, that's some shit!

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2023 11:33 PM

Ching Chong U Gone

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2023 11:37 PM

Wow Jenifer Lewis is too old to be THAT vulgar and stupid sounding. It's all boilerplate pablum. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2023 11:59 PM

Rosie O. calling somebody else borderline... that's rich.

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2023 12:05 AM

why are so many of these celebs crazy

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2023 12:59 PM

Artistic types tend to be a little unbalanced to begin with. Then, and this is especially true of actors, they enter a profession that only exacerbates their various neuroses to the point they're just plain fucking nuts. I mean, I think being a working actor in Hollywood would make anyone a little crazy, but if you're half-way there to begin with...

Obviously this is a blanket statement and not all actors/entertainers are certifiable, but most of them are at least a little bit off. Well more so than the average factory worker, accountant, or school teacher. Other professions also fuck with people's heads (I thinking cops, doctors), but they don't demand the media presence of Hollywood so those are not as seemingly ubiquitous.

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2023 1:25 PM

I hate to bring astrology into this but scorpios are notoriously black and white about their personal relationships, you're either on their side or you're not. With them or against them but they don't do anything halfway. And like any scorpio who feels betrayed kathy is lashing out and burning bridges but only further alienating and hurting herself in the process and its all because she never mastered the art of subtlety. It's an incomparable skill you must have to move up the ladder in Hollywood along with an ability to network and market yourself to the right people. She's obsessed with status( My Life on the D-List) she made her entire act about celebrities more famous than her and is shocked when they get upset that she's telling all their business. And to this very day she still hasn't learned to shut her mouth, she'll sting herself to death like a scorpion who's been backed into a corner.

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2023 11:02 PM

Kathy seems exhausting. Cher probably just doesn't have the energy or desire to deal with her.

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2023 11:20 PM

Kathy gets more criticism because she’s a woman. Lots of male comedians have said worse about other celebrities but are not labeled as cunts.

by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2023 3:13 AM

Celebrities like Cher have to put up boundaries because literally everyone they come into contact with wants to be their friend. A majority of people in their lives are constantly available to hang out. There's just so much incoming attention, invitations, texts, calls, etc that when they're not actively interested in keeping things going, they need to break it off.

I know an A+ celebrity who wanted to have lunch with an former employee. it blew his mind when he invited her to lunch and she said she was busy with her job. Probably the only person that year who turned down a hang who was physically in the same city.

by Anonymousreply 79September 18, 2023 3:19 AM

[quote]R69 The subject of BPD came up and at one point they brought up an unnamed mutual friend with BPD that they have both cut all ties with recently. Rosie mentioned something to the effect that no matter how much support she had offered this person, they always treated her like she'd never done anything for them ever. My mind immediately jumped to Mrs. Kathy, but I could be wrong.

It would have had to be very recently because Rosie was in the photo of the luncheon Kathy recently had for that Dylan guy.

by Anonymousreply 80September 18, 2023 4:02 AM

[quote]Cher probably just doesn't have the energy or desire to deal with her.

Right! Especially with her CFS and all.

by Anonymousreply 81September 18, 2023 4:06 AM

And Kathy is this week's guest on Rosie's podcast.

Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2023 1:18 AM

What happened between Kathy and Brooke Shields? Why are they on the outs?

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2023 1:24 AM

R83 To me Brooke seems like a political moderate who has secretly

voted for some repubs which I'm sure Kathy doesn't agree with.

by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2023 2:48 AM

r83 I think it was because Kathy made fun of Brooke's mom falling off the wagon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2023 3:04 AM

Kathy's mom was a Fox TV / Bill O'Reilly fan.

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2023 3:08 AM

r86 ok?

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2023 3:33 AM

Exhausting. Let the negativity and victim shit go. You'll be happier and maybe even healthier once you release the poison.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2023 3:46 AM

No big surprise here they are both dreadful women

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2023 4:15 AM

r76 Cher is Taurus so probably sticks to her guns.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2023 4:27 AM

[quote] It would have had to be very recently because Rosie was in the photo of the luncheon Kathy recently had for that Dylan guy.

Rosie showed up for the free lunch and free publicity.

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2023 11:49 AM

Kathy? Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2023 12:01 PM

Lucky Cher!

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2023 12:07 PM

Surprised she hasn't weighed in on the Russell Brand story since she recently shared some insight on how crude and inappropriate male comics are in general:

[quote]Kathy Griffin blasted male comics, calling them all “pigs” and claiming she’s seen “all their penises.”

[quote]The 62-year-old comedian tells Page Six she’s been in the business so long that she’s seen it all.

[quote]“I’ve been at every party back in the day when they’d be like, ‘Kat, Look! My penis is a wristwatch. I’m like, ‘Yes, I get it. We’ve seen it again.”

[quote]She adds, “Guy comics are pigs. They’re all pigs. I’ve been around a long time. I’ve seen all their penises.”

[quote]While Griffin is not calling anyone out by name, she says the bad behavior was standard practice in the ’90s.

[quote]She says it was common at the time for male comedians to whip out their genitalia at a party and dry-hump her “with an exposed penis.”

[quote]“That was like a big joke in my day where one of the guys would grab you and pretend like he was like, butt f–king you. And it happened to all of us,” she notes, adding that male comics often thought of her as “one of them.”

[quote]"...guy comics always get women that are too hot for them,” she explains. “And I think it makes them lose their minds."

[quote]“And, you know, a lot of these guys are not, how shall I say, conventionally attractive. And I’m just going to say that because I’ve been called ugly my whole career. So these guys don’t just want a nice girl or a good woman.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2023 12:18 PM

I like Kathy but Jesus, it's been years now, let the mouse go.

by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2023 12:38 PM

R95, as a fan, I agree. I devour her interviews as we don’t see her as much anymore. For the non-fan layperson, Kathy’s story of governmental oppression for political gain/personal pleasure is an important one to hear.

by Anonymousreply 96September 20, 2023 1:24 PM

Wow, I thought OP's pic was Joey Arias or maybe Iggy Pop, on the left.

by Anonymousreply 97September 20, 2023 2:30 PM

r95 What does "let the mouse go" mean?

by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2023 8:42 PM

R98, it just means get over what you are holding onto. And she's been holding onto this for years.

by Anonymousreply 99September 20, 2023 9:19 PM

Looks like Rosie and Kathy’s relationship is just fine. Rosie posted this today…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 20, 2023 9:34 PM

I’ve always hated Cher with a white hot passion and could never understand why. I find her superiority complex baffling. Maybe if I’d let some foul old man pound me like a veal when I was underage I’d be a star too, but alas, I didn’t.

Oh and she fug. Team Kathy forever and ever.

by Anonymousreply 101September 20, 2023 9:39 PM

[quote] Maybe if I’d let some foul old man pound me like a veal when I was underage I’d be a star too, but alas, I didn’t.

Meh, probably wouldn't have made any difference, if it makes you feel any better.

by Anonymousreply 102September 20, 2023 9:48 PM

[quote]Cher called Madonna a cunt in an interview. a classic case of projection

If stuck in a room with one of them, I would much rather spend time with Cher than Madonna. Cher would at least attempt to be friendly. I could never imaging Madge giving 2 shits that you were even in the room. Unless you were there to worship her. Even then, I am sure she would be a cunt. She's so used to the attention, she takes it for granted even in her twilight years of fillers and boob jobs.

by Anonymousreply 103September 20, 2023 10:06 PM

R100 what's up with Rosie's mouth? Huge herpes outbreak?

by Anonymousreply 104September 20, 2023 10:15 PM

She caught Blue Waffle disease. Look it up. 🟦🥶🧇🤮

by Anonymousreply 105September 20, 2023 10:17 PM

She explained the mouth thing in a previous Instagram post but I don’t remember the name of the condition and I’m not combing through her posts to find it.

by Anonymousreply 106September 20, 2023 10:19 PM

[quote] I’ve always hated Cher with a white hot passion and could never understand why. I find her superiority complex baffling.

I find Cher's acting to be overrated. She has an Academy Award and someone like Glen Close doesn't have one. Give me a break.

Cher doesn't seem humble, but I would prefer her over Madonna.

My friend used to live in NYC. Friend said that she was in a club when Madonna arrived and took over the dance floor. Friend said that Madonna acted like the other women in the club didn't exist.

Barbra Streisand also commented on Madonna. Early in Madonna's career, Babs went to lunch with Madonna and an industry bigwig (3 people, total). Babs said that Madonna ordered an entire fish for herself. Babs thought that was presumptuous to order a whole fish for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 107September 20, 2023 10:49 PM

R107, did your friend mention aything about Madonna's BO? Apparently, in her early days, she didn't use deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 108September 20, 2023 11:40 PM

R107 Oh god, the Madonna/Babs Whole Fish anecdote again, from you.

by Anonymousreply 109September 20, 2023 11:49 PM

[quote]The 62-year-old comedian tells Page Six she’s been in the business so long that she’s seen it all.

Kathy is claiming to be 62?? Sorry but she's at least 70.

by Anonymousreply 110September 21, 2023 12:19 AM

r110 You're "sorry?" How odd.

by Anonymousreply 111September 21, 2023 1:59 AM

It’s a figure of speech, r110; you’ve never heard it before?

by Anonymousreply 112September 21, 2023 8:33 AM

R112, give him a break, he is one of the posters on DL that has been around since the 19th century.

by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2023 11:55 AM

R111 's asinine post was a failed stab at wit and snark. Probably has at least middling IQ and he knows perfectly well the expression "I'm sorry but".

by Anonymousreply 114September 22, 2023 12:03 AM

R107-Totally agree, how in hell did Cher beat Glenn in "Fatal Attraction"?

After all the hype over "Moonstruck", I watched on cable as a "Pay Per View"(anybody else remember those?) What a letdown. Not for one second did I buy Cher as a middle class Brooklyn widow, and the Brooklyn "accent" stunk! Everything about her performance screamed fake. Olympia Dukakis was too OTT, playing to the third balcony. Don't even get me started on Nicholas Cage's lousy performance.

How could Cher's phony performance possibly win over Glenn's magnificent performance in "Fatal Attraction"?

The only really decent Cher performance was in "Mask". I guess maybe she really identified with that character, as she gave a totally convincing performance.

She isn't totally lacking in talent--she did display a flair for comedy on some of those sketches on the "Sonny and Cher Show". I also found her singing very unique and interesting.

Not sure what happened later on, but she seemed to lose her sense of comedy, and her singing voice became dull and monotonous. Not to mention the overdone plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 115September 22, 2023 5:35 AM

You have never been to Brooklyn have you R115. Olympia Dukakis over the top? She was toning it down if you know how loud and animated the people are there. Cher fit right in. At lest back in those days before that area got gentrified.

by Anonymousreply 116September 22, 2023 9:02 AM

R115-I have been to Brooklyn several times to visit relatives, and worked with several Italian Brooklynites for more than 40 years. While some were quite animated and passionate in their speech and gestures, I can honestly say none were as wildly OTT as Dukakis.

Sorry to disagree-I just didn't find Cher's performance or accent authentic.

Do you honestly believe Cher deserved to win over Glenn? I think we can all agree there is more to winning an Oscar than giving the "Best Performance". Voting members' personal feelings about the nominee seem to account for a great deal in determining who gets the final vote.

For whatever reason, it would appear that Glenn is not a "popular favorite" among voters, hence her lack of recognition by the Academy.

by Anonymousreply 117September 22, 2023 10:12 PM

Do you honestly believe the best person always or even half the time win an Oscar? 🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 118September 23, 2023 1:55 AM

Cher is fake from head to toe and always has been. She was Madonna before Madonna. At least Britney’s a good dancer and was stunningly hot at her peak.

by Anonymousreply 119September 25, 2023 5:05 AM

It does seem as though Glenn has perhaps stepped on some toes over the years, considering her body of work and continued Oscar-free existence..

by Anonymousreply 120September 25, 2023 11:49 AM

Cher is no more fake than any other performer out there. By today's standards she is actually down to earth. (looking at you Cardi-B) The real difference is Cher at least new enough to appear kind, funny and friendly. Madona never did that. Her shtick even with gay men was about being a bitch disrupter with a side of cunt. That might be fun when you are young, but when you hit 65, no one wants to hang around a bitchy cunt let alone listen to her new music.

by Anonymousreply 121September 25, 2023 11:57 AM

R120 - Glenn should never have turned down Weinstein and his syphilitic micro-penis. Big mistake. HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 122September 25, 2023 11:58 AM

[quote] One of the Jenners was Kathy's next-door neighbor when she bought the big mansion. Kathy had said she was surprised how nice and neighborly Kris was. Not sure how Melanie Griffiths fits in but she seems big hearted, too.

That was Kim Kardashian.

When Kathy’s mom was in the grips of dementia, Kim would bring her kids over to visit her and the old lady loved being around the babies

by Anonymousreply 123September 25, 2023 12:05 PM

R123 until she tried to eat them.

by Anonymousreply 124September 26, 2023 10:32 PM

R123 until she tried to eat them.

by Anonymousreply 125September 26, 2023 10:33 PM

Cher just had her son kidnapped and thrown into rehab before he killed himself with heroin.

She's too busy for this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 126September 27, 2023 5:21 PM

R126 - And I always thought Chaz was the fucked up one.

by Anonymousreply 127October 1, 2023 3:17 PM

Holly Hunter was likely the runner up to Cher that year as she won the bulk of the critics awards that year. She would’ve won in just about any other year.

by Anonymousreply 128October 1, 2023 3:44 PM

R110. I’ve said it before: I went to high school with Kathy in Oak Park, Illinois—we were in the chorus of Oklahoma! together, but that was the extent of our interaction. I was a senior, she was a freshman. I turn 66 this month, so 62-63 is right for her. I don’t get why some people on DL are so invested in doubting her age. When she was in her 30s-40s she did shave some years off (I know a number of Hollywood folk who did, as 40 was the age of being no longer employable), but the 62-63 age is accurate. I think she was classmates with lesbian actress Megan Cavanagh, who was a sweetheart—I worked at the local library with her mother Rosemary, who was a homophobic bitch.

by Anonymousreply 129October 1, 2023 5:47 PM

Every comedian or media personality that makes their fortune off of saying negative stuff about celebrities and other people almost always turn out to be hyper-sensitive, fragile figures who can't take ANY criticism of themselves.

Kathy just doesn't know when to stop and she's made it into this "I'm not going to censor ANYTHING I say for ANYONE" crap that just makes it worse. FYI - a lot of right-wingers have the same fucking mentality and see where that gets them.

by Anonymousreply 130October 1, 2023 6:02 PM

"The phone stopped ringing for 5 years"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 13, 2023 6:20 PM

This borderline bitch is still whining?

by Anonymousreply 132December 13, 2023 6:22 PM

Maybe, Kathy, you went too fucking far.

by Anonymousreply 133December 13, 2023 6:34 PM

r132, did someone just say "Borderline"?

by Anonymousreply 134December 13, 2023 10:12 PM

Kathy who??

by Anonymousreply 135December 13, 2023 10:22 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 136December 14, 2023 1:35 AM

Mrs. Kathy?

by Anonymousreply 137December 14, 2023 3:19 AM

and?

by Anonymousreply 138December 14, 2023 3:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!