Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

N'Sync Reunites at the MTV Video Music Awards

The last time all five members of NSync shared a stage together was exactly a decade ago, at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, during a blink-and-you-missed-it medley of “Girlfriend” and “Bye Bye Bye” celebrating breakout member Justin Timberlake’s Video Vanguard Award. The much-hyped “surprise” moment had Taylor Swift fangirling in the audience, but it was so brief — only two minutes of Timberlake’s overall 15-minute musical number — that fans were understandably disappointed. (One disgruntled viewer tweeted at the time that NSync’s cameo was “short enough to fit the entire thing in an Instagram video.”)

NSync’s Lance Bass, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Kirkpatrick reunited again for another “surprise” appearance during Ariana Grande’s headlining set at 2019’s Coachella festival, but Timberlake sat that one out. Later that year, when asked about the possibility of a full group reunion, Bass readily told Yahoo Entertainment, “Look, you don't have to ask me — I'm in! I would love to do more NSync music. … If there's any time, it would be right now!”

And so, that brings us to Tuesday’s 2023 VMAs at Newark’s Prudential Center. Amid sightings of all five boy band members in the New York City area the day before the awards and reports that the group had recorded their first new music since 2001 for the forthcoming Trolls Band Together soundtrack, fans grew hopeful that NSync would reunite again on the VMAs stage — hopefully this time for more than two minutes.

Perhaps it would even be announced that Timberlake — whose image has taken a downturn due to the weak sales for most recent studio album Man of the Woods, a critically panned halftime performance at Super Bowl LII, backlash over his past treatment of Janet Jackson and Britney Spears (for which he finally issued a poorly received public apology in 2021), and a cringey 2022 dance video that went viral for all the wrong reasons — had also decided that the timing was right for a career-boosting NSync reunion tour or album.

But as it turned out, NSync did not perform at Tuesday’s VMAs. They only presented. And their appearance came shockingly early in the night, when they announced first on-air category of the telecast, Best Pop Video. The award went to "Anti-Hero" by the night’s leading nominee, the woman Timberlake called “the unstoppable Taylor Swift.”

The “millennial-triggered” Swift looked even more excited than she did back in 2013, as she ran to the stage and exchanged hugs and friendship bracelets with her childhood idols. “I am not doing well pivoting from this to this,” she breathlessly confessed, glancing from the quintet, who she described as “pop personified,” to the Moonperson trophy in her hands. “I had the [NSync] dolls!”

But then Swift asked NSync the question on everyone’s minds: “Are you doing something? What’s going to happen now?” She quickly insisted, “Oh, they’re gonna do something — and I need to know what it is!” But the guys revealed nothing. There was no big announcement.

So, while this anticipated podium moment wasn’t as awkward as, say, that time when the original members of Van Halen attempted to reunite at the 1996 VMAs, and Swift's genuinely shook reaction was an adorable highlight of the VMAs telecast, ultimately, NSync's reunion was anticlimactic — and it no doubt tore up quite a few disappointed fans’ hearts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 8, 2023 5:09 AM

Lance, Joey, JC and Chris look like they absolutely fucking HATE Justin Timberfake.

Who can blame them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2023 3:43 AM

Double breasted suits must be making a comeback.

I'm not a fan of them.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2023 3:44 AM

Even more shocking, there's actually still an MTV Video Music Awards show!

Does anyone care about these people?

The performers list is full of people who were popular over 10 or 20 years ago.

That just shows the sad state of the music industry in 2023.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2023 3:45 AM

Joey Fatone is a whole snack.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2023 3:45 AM

R1 I can see why JC would, he should have had a better career after NSYNC ended and I think JT's people undermined that. The rest had no business ever having any kind of fame or success. I don't think any of them ever sang a single line outside of like a christmas single.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2023 3:46 AM

[quote]Even more shocking, there's actually still an MTV Video Music Awards show!

Good point R3!

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2023 3:46 AM

Lance Bass looks good save for the horrid purple hair.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2023 3:48 AM

It's like, um, a Christmas single, you know.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2023 3:48 AM

Timberlake fading into the band for a bit is a wise career choice. The public wants humility.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2023 3:50 AM

R3 are you some type of dumb cunt. The VMAs has always been filled with legends. You realize that Madge, Janet, and U2 were performing at the VMAs in the early aughts. Megan thee stallion, Cardi B, and Stray Kids also performed who only became famous in the past 4 or 5 yrs.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2023 3:52 AM

I want Joey to sit on my face.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2023 3:53 AM

[quote] I want Joey to sit on my face.

Is he the fat one?

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2023 3:55 AM

Are they in their 60’s?

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2023 4:02 AM

What does 60 possess?

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2023 4:03 AM

If they make a new record I wonder if they will give Lance lead verses now that gay is in. Can all of them even sing lead. I know when Queen Bey used to discuss such matters she said in the old Destiny’s Child everyone couldn’t sing lead because everyone didn’t know how to sing lead.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2023 4:04 AM

I will never understand how someone as ugly, mean, and untalented as Taylor Swift is this fucking famous. She looks like she should be selling matchbooks on the streets of old London. Just hideous.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2023 4:05 AM

Fatone turned into a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2023 4:14 AM

[quote] Timberlake fading into the band for a bit is a wise career choice. The public wants humility.

Timberfake is NOT humble, nor is he looking to reunite with N'Sync.

He left them behind a long time ago, and wants nothing to do with them. Especially after he became an ACK-TOR.

I think the only reason he agreed to join the others in presenting this award was because it was for Taylor Swift. He knows that she is HUGELY popular, and this would give him visibility.

If it was some small time gig, he wouldn't have bothered showing up.

Justin is such a fake, and such a phony. He uses people to get to the next level, and then leaves them behind in the dust when they're no longer useful to him.

I HATE Timberfake with the heat of 10,000 suns.

He's one of the biggest phonies in Hollywood, and that's really saying something.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2023 4:48 AM

Timbaland.

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2023 4:51 AM

I didn't know JC was bearding,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2023 4:54 AM

This will end well 🍿

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2023 5:19 AM

Lance bottoms for Justin

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2023 5:23 AM

Hey Mom, is this that Rolling Stones band with the old guys you keep talking about seeing before they die?

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2023 5:55 AM

The NKOTB aged better.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Lance Bass looks like the puffy older brother of Missoni's Filippo Grazioli.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2023 7:12 AM

R14 your long lost youth and charm.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2023 7:16 AM

JC and Lance were the only good looking ones. Joey looks a bit better now but AJ and Justin are a couple of fuggos.

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2023 7:19 AM

Jesus music sucks nowadays. These geeks all look like they went to bible college together.

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2023 8:14 AM

R27 On what planet was Lance ever good looking?!

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2023 8:24 AM

In other news, Selena Gomez had to cover her ears during Olivia Rodrigo's performance of "Vampire."

Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2023 9:06 AM

R18 why are you sooooo enraged about someone you don’t know and who doesn’t give a shit about what you think? Focus your energy to something positive because your post makes you sound totally unhinged!

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2023 9:41 AM

Cross-eyed Lance was always fuggo

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2023 9:58 AM

“…and Swift's genuinely shook reaction…”

*headdesk*

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2023 10:06 AM

I finally realized what song that reminds me of. Lorde's Teams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2023 12:25 PM

R16 agree she looks like a hunchback in ops photo and her cute brother is starting to take after mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2023 12:32 PM

I call him Joey Fat One.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2023 1:00 PM

They haven't been gone long enough. If you look them up, at least one of them is somewhere doing the Bye Bye Bye choreo.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2023 1:05 PM

JT clearly is unhappy his career fell off. Like most young white guys in the industry he felt invincible and thought ripping off Black music and culture made him so original. Then he got old and people got bored of him. Him trying to be an actor and forcing himself into Hollywood despite having no acting talent nor interest in training was such arrogance.

He has a thin voice, was a decent dancer and is merely serviceable as a performer. His talent is county fair and local pubs. But he got an inflated ego because Jive Records pushed him hard (over the more talented and authentic JC Chasez), he was cute and he got some MJ reject songs and Aaliyah demos which got him popular on the radio. He’s really really lucky. He is a vile and unhappy human being, he is so fake in his humility. He reeks narcissism and passive aggression. The fact he thinks he levels up to Michael Jackson and Prince is comical.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2023 1:49 PM

R24 NKOTB were one of the few boy bands where majority were attractive. Jordan and Jonathan are handsome men still.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2023 1:58 PM

R39, agreed. I never thought N'Sync was a cute boy band, and thus, never got their appeal. Hell, Burger King used to have a commercial with a cuter fake boy band.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2023 5:05 PM

R38 JC should have had JTs career. Had he dated Britney instead he probably would have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2023 6:35 PM

[quote] JC should have had JTs career. Had he dated Britney instead he probably would have

JC was having too much fun at Camp Podwall, with the boys AND the booze!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2023 6:41 PM

JC couldn't have dated Britney, because he was dating Chace Crawford at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2023 6:43 PM

[quote] JC Chasez and Chace Crawford: Attached at the Hip

JC Chasez and Chace Crawford are like the new Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong, without the shirtlessness.

After last week's Elton John Oscar party Chasez and Crawford took a trip to Vegas together where they took matching photos with New York Giant Michael Strahan.

They're likely just BFFs. Who possibly have moved in together.

Whatever the case, they make a good match.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2023 6:45 PM

Strahan is another closet case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2023 6:47 PM

[quote] are you some type of dumb cunt

You sure the fuck are

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2023 6:51 PM

R41 I think JC should have not joined *NSYNC. When they formed around 1996/1997, he was still young and was the leader of the group. However Backstreet Boys got more popular and eclipsed them in popularity for years.

When *NSYNC really got big around 2000 and escaped BSB’s shadow, it was JT became the popular one because he went through puberty became tall and developed a cocky charm while dating Britney while JC was nearing his mid-20s and came across as the dad of the group. Lance was 2nd in popularity because he was close to JT in age and had a shy boy next door vibe (really he was in the closet). JT was the safest bet to promote as a solo act because he especially loved to ape Black urban culture and this was around the time hip hop was blowing up.

JC could have hung in there as a solo act for a few years after the Mickey Mouse Club ended, pursued adult contemporary ballads and blue eyed soul. Most of MMC covers were adult contemporary, soft rock and R&B ballads which suit his voice. He wouldn’t be a huge pop tart or anything but he’d build up a large devoted fan base as AC/easy listening music sells with a large global audience.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2023 7:45 PM

R15 Good point. I did like Kelly and Michelle’s solos in some of their later songs. Beyoncé had the it factor and presence to be the lead. The other DC members even admitted this.

I will say this, NSYNC was built around JC Chasez’s talent similar to how NKOTB was built around Jordan Knight. JT was just in NSYNC to be the cute little guy like Joey McIntyre for NKOTB. JT ended up eclipsing JC because of his teenage charm and attitude. JC still carried the group vocally but lacked the marketability to the teen crowd.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2023 7:57 PM

So many of these Twitter stans are very paranoid schizophrenic when it comes to Justine Timberlake. They saw a clip of him with Meghan Thee Stallion backstage and they were like "OMG he's arguing with a black woman!!!!11" when he wasn't. And then they think he is responsible for every bad thing that happens to Britney... they are truly psychotic. And they conveniently forget that Justin was heavily mocked and derided in the late 90s-early 2000s *NSync days for a myriad of things. but because he isn't a martyred saintly victim woman like Britney they don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2023 8:12 PM

Justin Timberlake has a tiny penis.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2023 8:18 PM

Britney has a cooter the size of the Great Rift Valley!

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2023 8:28 PM

R49 I agree he is blamed for Janet and Britney’s downfalls which is ridiculous. He didn’t own CBS nor was he the FCC, he defended Janet mostly but more just tried to keep a low profile because he didn’t want his newly found solo career to get destroyed. Janet did that stunt for attention and got the heat for it because she was the one in charge of the choreography. Her dumb judgment in fact could have destroyed both their careers. Janet by that point had a 18 year run in pop culture anyway, she was aging out of the sex kitten role. As for Britney, she had problems with her mental health that was genetically predisposed and her grifter parents mainly her mother exploiting her for the pervs in the industry. Justin himself was lucky to be spared that fate by having an overprotective stage mom who toured with him. Justin never talks ill of Britney except when she cheated on him. Both of them moved on and seem cordial with each other except when Britney gets in her manic states and brings up teenage drama.

That said, Timberfake is an asshole and diva and his talent was never on par with his hype.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2023 8:37 PM

R47 I could see him having fit nicely in the Michael Buble/Josh Groban space, my mom loves that kind of shit

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2023 12:43 AM

Lance didn’t know to remove the label from the sleeve?

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2023 1:34 AM

Justin’s billowy white pants were very unflattering. What’s he hiding in there? Did Lance get a facelift? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2023 2:50 AM

Does Joey Fat One still have big fat hairy Greek dirty pillows?

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2023 6:00 AM

[quote] Justin’s billowy white pants were very unflattering. What’s he hiding in there?

A micropenis.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2023 6:08 AM

And a fat ass!

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2023 6:08 AM

At least JC has his cat commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2023 5:00 PM

I hate Justin’s new song with Nelly Furtado and Timbaland.

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2023 6:30 PM

I like cat commercials.

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2023 7:41 PM

[quote] I could see him having fit nicely in the Michael Buble/Josh Groban space, my mom loves that kind of shit

Exactly, he's a crooner type. Nothing wrong with that because you need real vocal talent to do that type of job. He's just not a pop star and I think *NSYNC pigeonholed him into the pop route.

Plus Jive sabotaged him with horrible decisions and it was to reduce competition for Justin Timberlake and Nick Carter. JC was supposed to go solo earlier (after all NSYNC was his group and built around him, he sang most of the solos). But JT ended up way more popular than him and JT was more aggressive in getting more solos by the time of their last album. Plus JT dating Britney gave him more popularity. So Jive decided to invest in JT's solo career and shelved JC's album for about two years.

In 2004, JC was "old news", *NSYNC was now irrelevant and looked at as "embarrassing" (at least before Y2K nostalgia came back in late 2010s). Schizophrenic in my opinion was a good album with experimental tracks (way more than any of JT's albums) however the album title, the lyrics and song titles were beyond stupid "Some Girls Dance With Women" and "All Day Love I Dream About Sex"? Also the album cover and his hairdo would have scared off any potential buyers. They tried too hard to make him a "sex symbol" on par with JT, Usher and others. The album is a cult classic of sorts though.

Overall, JC is a ballad singer and slower/easy listening music is his forte.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2023 8:16 PM

I genuinely don’t understand the extreme hate for Timberlake. Yes, he’s annoying but I don’t think he should be blamed for Janet and Britney’s downfalls. There were a lot of factors at play.

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2023 8:37 PM

R63 I think diva worshippers tend to like to blame everyone else except their icon, a lot of times that blame goes towards the men they involve themselves with. It's sorta like how rock/rap fans tend to blame the girlfriends/wives/groupies for their icon's downfall.

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2023 8:57 PM

[quote] I agree he is blamed for Janet and Britney’s downfalls which is ridiculous. He didn’t own CBS nor was he the FCC, he defended Janet mostly but more just tried to keep a low profile because he didn’t want his newly found solo career to get destroyed.

Justina did NOT defend Janet Jackson after Nipplegate. In fact, he threw her clean under the bus and then backed it up to run over her again for good measure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2023 9:10 PM

R40 When I was an elementary schooler in the early 2000s, I crushed on Backstreet Boys and thought they looked better than NSYNC, BSB weren't movie star handsome or anything but they were more believable as those cute clean-cut teenage jocks. NSYNC looked too old mostly with ugly hairstyles and fashion. DLers wonder why Timberlake and Lance were the most popular in the late 90s/early 2000s, it had to do with their ages and soft appeal. Boy bands appealed to the age 6 to 14 crowd. So looking too mature would not be appealing, that's why the very young girls and gays weren't looking at JC, Joey or Chris at the time.

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2023 9:17 PM

Justin apologized right away for tge Super Bowl “malfunction” but Janet didn’t. That immediately made her look bad and she heard things Justin was saying behind her back that appeared to blame her. It took him 20 years to apologize to her in a post? Lame.

He has put out some good music but he has not grown as an artist. Most of his recent music is bad. He had moderate success with acting but is not a very good actor. He’’s just a middle aged white guy now.

by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2023 10:52 PM

I feel people judge Justin a bit harshly here. He was a jerk of course and he should have pushed to defend Janet a bit more because she was his idol. But he was basically a teen star turned adult star and didn't want to piss off the wrong people when he managed to have a successful solo career. So he took the easy way and kissed up the higher-ups and apologized publicly while Janet refused to do so. Entertainment is a cutthroat business and Janet was seen at that point as "disposible." But she was at the point where her career was fizzling out regardless, she was already getting phased out of the industry anyway (along with Madonna too) for young and sexier stars. Janet was loaded and didn't suffer, she wasn't starving or selling her body to get by. She clearly got over quickly because she kept releasing music and was doing movies for a bit. I actually respect Janet because unlike Madonna, Janet never overstays her welcome. She does her job and goes home.

I think people (well stans) expect celebrities to act like normal people would at a regular job but that's not how the music industry works. Even if Justin was more vocally defensive of Janet, it was ultimately Janet's accountability. Janet waited too long to address the situation, Janet didn't apologize privately or publicly until much later and Janet who was older and wiser than JT should have known better than to pull that stunt.

Justin was 23 and still a newbie and Janet was 48 and a veteran. If anything, Janet looks worse because she could have ruined Justin's career with this. I say this as Janet Jackson fan, she was in the wrong here. But I also think right-wing Americans, Moonves and FCC overreacted in the most misogynistic way possible. Half-a-second nipple is not the end of the world.

by Anonymousreply 68September 15, 2023 1:03 AM

^ Sorry meant to Janet was say 38

by Anonymousreply 69September 15, 2023 1:04 AM

He gets no sympathy from me for how lacking his career is these days. He’s been obnoxious and carried himself with an air of arrogance since *NSYNC first gained success (off of the Backstreet Boys success, btw), and the way he disrespected legends like Janet and Prince was not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 70September 15, 2023 1:13 AM

As a budding gayling, I thought NSYNC was more attractive than BSB. With some age, I see that I was wrong. At least 80% of BSB were attractive. NSYNC? 40% - 60% at best even today, though the contributors to that percentage have changed.

by Anonymousreply 71September 15, 2023 1:38 AM

Kevin from BSB was (and still is) the finest boy bander from that era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 15, 2023 3:09 AM

I don't care about or even like Justin Timberlake at all but I'm so tired of the super bowl thing being treated like Janet Jackson was somehow sexually assaulted. Yeah it was a little unfair but so much anger got directed at her especially when all it was was a tit but ultimately she was a willing participant and given the million piles of millions she has to cry on about it I don't really feel all that sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 73September 15, 2023 3:14 AM

R73 Pretty much every female celebrity is now a victim of sorts. Even if they are well into their adult years and make horrible decisions and suffer the consequences. Apparently they can't be short-sighted or egotistical enough to make the same errors of judgment as their male counterparts do. I can't stand this, where is accountability for people who have power and status? If Janet was not a famous and wealthy woman, she would have been registered as a sex offender for that if it was at some local pageant or football game. Same deal with Paris and Lindsay's criminal activities and flashing their pussies. Anyone else would be rotting in prison or on the sex registry. Madonna did stupid stunts for attention too but was a bit smart to keep in music videos and make porn for books, not live TV.

by Anonymousreply 74September 15, 2023 3:32 AM

Meow Meow Meow!!!

by Anonymousreply 75September 15, 2023 3:33 AM

[quote] Timberfake is NOT humble, nor is he looking to reunite with N'Sync.

[quote] He left them behind a long time ago, and wants nothing to do with them. Especially after he became an ACK-TOR.

Probably with good reason. They emerged from the Lou Pearlman swamp so I am sure they've all got loads of trauma. Being around them could be triggering for him. No one misses N'Sync enough to justify any further trauma.

by Anonymousreply 76September 15, 2023 3:50 AM

This thread inspired me. I went out to feed the cats and treats on my porch earlier and my b***** c*** neighbor was on his porch so I decided to let me shorts slip diwn quite a bit as I bent over to feed the cats and he got a pretty full view of the Moon.

by Anonymousreply 77September 15, 2023 3:52 AM

Bullshit, R76.

The other four guys are fine around each other, and seem to still be close.

It's only Timberfake who thinks he's better than the rest of them.

But he's NOT.

by Anonymousreply 78September 15, 2023 3:53 AM

I'm glad that Man of the Woods album flopped! His career never recovered after that. Meanwhile, his contemporary and rival, Usher, got raved reviews for his NPR Tiny Desk Concert.

Timberlake has never been in the same realm as Usher as a singer and dancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 15, 2023 3:58 AM

R72 Kevin is beautiful. Surprised he didn't do more modeling or acting.

by Anonymousreply 80September 15, 2023 4:26 AM

Usher has a better voice, a way better body, is a better dancer and has a better discography with three influential R&B albums. Justin only had one solid classic groundbreaking album which is Future Sex/Love Sounds. The rest are just standard pop albums. Man of the Woods was unlistenable and "Can't Stop That Feeling" is annoyingly overplayed.

by Anonymousreply 81September 15, 2023 4:36 AM

Timberlake is a composite character that many desirable markets like, and has ordinary talent. It's his own damned fault he didn't care for his long-term legacy and Gen Z and beyond see him for the white suburban stage school brat fraud he is. He showed has no convictions, no demonstrable soul, and no real character, so there's nothing to go on but what we observe.

by Anonymousreply 82September 15, 2023 4:54 AM

N'SYNC was on average uglier than BSB, but only because the 3 ugly ones dragged down the 2 cute ones. JC is (was?) very handsome. The person who keeps posting the vids of him singing on the Mickey Mouse Club is making me feel like a dirty old man.

by Anonymousreply 83September 15, 2023 5:05 AM

I think Janet had two things going against her: being a black woman who flashed her boob. She was painted as the sexual villain who orchestrated the stunt. Justin apologized but acted like he was innocent and didn’t want anything further to do with it. Of course the white man gets off Scott free.

by Anonymousreply 84September 15, 2023 5:25 AM

R83 who's the other cute one in your eyes?

by Anonymousreply 85September 15, 2023 5:29 AM

I can’t believe the idiot authors of OP’s article butchered the band’s name throughout the entire piece.

It’s NSYNC. All caps. It’s an acronym. Sometimes stylized with a star or asterisk in front.

by Anonymousreply 86September 15, 2023 6:42 AM

Meow meow meow......

Meow

Meow

Meowwwwww.........

by Anonymousreply 87September 15, 2023 10:32 AM

[quote][R72]Kevin is beautiful. Surprised he didn't do more modeling or acting.

Indeed he is. He modeled a bit before BSB and later walked the runway for Versace and Vogue. He also did some acting after leaving BSB for several years, appearing in some low budget films and doing a stint as Billy Flynn in Chicago on Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 15, 2023 12:38 PM

[quote]I think Janet had two things going against her: being a black woman who flashed her boob. She was painted as the sexual villain who orchestrated the stunt. Justin apologized but acted like he was innocent and didn’t want anything further to do with it. Of course the white man gets off Scott free.

Precisely. There is hilarious video of a female senator on Capitol Hill back when it first happened who is literally crying, acting as if the whole incident was going to ruin the babies forever! Her "You knew...!" quote is infamous. And Justin was seen right after the performance all hyped up and excited backstage, but when the shit hit the fan he went on several news outlets talking about how he didn't want his grandma seeing something like that on tv or some shit. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 89September 15, 2023 12:44 PM

Kevin. Donatella. Naomi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 15, 2023 12:44 PM

Handbag alert at r44.

Janet seemed genuinely shocked that her breast was revealed. Having seen Poetic Justice, I don't believe she could have faked that.

JT has always been fugly, except for one Rolling Stone cover shot by Herb Ritts.

Check out his facial expressions in the unfortunate dance video from 2022: hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 15, 2023 12:47 PM

Oh good lord you people are fucking tragic. Scroll back up and read what you’ve said in your own voice - embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 92September 15, 2023 12:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 15, 2023 1:13 PM

[quote] It’s NSYNC. All caps. It’s an acronym.

An acronym of what?

by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2023 1:23 PM

I have NEVER seen the appeal in Justin Timberlake. Maybe when he was with them he was kinda cute. But mostly for the past 20 years he has looked like a bloated baby dyke. Don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 95September 15, 2023 1:33 PM

At least it ain’t 98 Degrees…the shittiest boy band in all of music history.

by Anonymousreply 96September 15, 2023 1:52 PM

R84 R91 She did orchestrate the ugly stunt. She was desperate to flash her tittay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 15, 2023 2:52 PM

R11 He'd snap your neck and smother you, if the smell didn't get you first.

by Anonymousreply 98September 15, 2023 3:10 PM

98° was a very strong 75% hot. No questions

by Anonymousreply 99September 15, 2023 3:31 PM

R78, you sound awfully bitter for someone who knows nothing. What you think you see and what is real are entirely different. What is known is that Pearlman was a crook, a sexual predator and a pederast, and Timberlake was only 13 or 14 when he joined that group. This is after years of his being with the Mickey Mouse Club where only God knows what happened to those kids.

The world does NOT need N'Sync. Timberlake doesn't need money, he needs to protect his well-being and his family.

by Anonymousreply 100September 15, 2023 3:31 PM

R97 = Madonna

by Anonymousreply 101September 15, 2023 3:36 PM

Apparently the stunt was planned but it was to take off part of the black leather bodice to reveal her red bra underneath. Justin pulled to hard and part of the red bra came off with the leather bodice. She likely wore a pasty to hide her nipples from showing under the bra. Clearly something was planned. NFL Halftime shows are not for stunts like this either way, the VMAs would have made more sense because FCC doesn’t regulate cable

by Anonymousreply 102September 15, 2023 4:50 PM

[quote] Justin was seen right after the performance all hyped up and excited backstage, but when the shit hit the fan he went on several news outlets talking about how he didn't want his grandma seeing something like that on tv

And this is why no one likes Timberfake.

He's a coward and a pussy.

The type of twat who would never back you up in a fight, or who would blame you if the two of you ever got in trouble.

He's a sniveling, weak, CREEP.

by Anonymousreply 103September 15, 2023 4:55 PM

Despise Justin. His solo career has hit the rocks so now he’s reuniting with his band mates…

by Anonymousreply 104September 15, 2023 5:37 PM

Cry Me a River is top 5 greatest pop song of the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 105September 15, 2023 5:57 PM

*NSYNC is supposedly an acronym - a play on the last letter of each of the initial members' names: JustiN, ChriS, JoeY, JasoN, and JC. Jason Galasso (one of the original members) eventually dropped out, so when they replaced him with Lance, they nicknamed Lance "Lansten" in order to keep the *NSYNC acronym.

by Anonymousreply 106September 15, 2023 7:59 PM

Janet’s costume designer even said it was a stunt but the “malfunction” was that it wasn’t supposed to show her whole breast rather a red bustier underneath. The reaction was unfair and misogynoir. But I find all parties in this case to blame. Janet was still dumb for thinking this was foulproof and waiting too long to address the situation to the public and apologize. Justin should have tried to defend more but he lacks a spine and integrity (if she was his icon and the sister of his biggest idol Michael Jackson, you’d think he’d make more noise in protecting her). FCC, Leslie Moonves and all those right wing Bible thumpers were out for blood and Janet was the sacrifice. Interesting most Americans didn’t care that much because it was only a second and many didn’t see it.

by Anonymousreply 107September 15, 2023 8:07 PM

The media blew it all out of proportion. I was taping the halftime show and literally had to rewind it just to see what I thought I saw. The media took that half-second image, zoomed in on it a splattered it all across the world on tv news and in the papers. If not for that, most people would’ve missed it and those who saw it still wouldn’t have been sure what had happened if they weren’t TIVOing it. Seeing as though there was a war going on at the time, most sane people knew there were bigger things to be worried about than the flash of a breast on tv, and those who did care were mostly the pearl-clutching, hypocritical bible thumpers from middle America who salivated at making a black woman into Satan personified. The whole thing was so ridiculously blown out of proportion that Garbage even released a song about it (“Sex Is Not the Enemy”), but those who are currently flourishing as YouTube content creators can thank Janet for their careers, because the SB incident was the sole reason behind the creation of YouTube.

Needless to say, those who made the biggest stink later ended up either getting their own personal comeuppances (Les Moonves, who tried for years to destroy Janet’s career) or made a too little, too late public apology to Janet (Michael Powell).

by Anonymousreply 108September 15, 2023 8:50 PM

R107, that’s why when Moonves was canceled for his sexual harassment allegations it made me come. No one was more deserving than him.

by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2023 8:58 PM

Madonna defended Janet and so did many others because it was glaring hypocrisy and unfair moralism. It all makes Justin look like a weasel because even if Janet was responsible for the stunt, he participated in it and didn’t try to stand up for her and then proceeded to act like he didn’t even know her. Justin in NSYNC talked nonstop of his love for Janet and performed for her MTV Icon tribute. It showed so fake he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 15, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote] Janet’s costume designer even said it was a stunt but the “malfunction” was that it wasn’t supposed to show her whole breast rather a red bustier underneath. The reaction was unfair and misogynoir.

🙄 There was nothing underneath. The red lining was attached to the cup. The lights were supposed to go out. She pulled an idiotic stunt and Madonna trashed her in the interview right after that saying that she didn’t know what she was thinking.

And stop trying to make misogynoir happen.

by Anonymousreply 111September 16, 2023 3:18 AM

Oh, and it wasn’t her costume designer. It was her costumer, and he’s a known mental case.

by Anonymousreply 112September 16, 2023 3:18 AM

So she meant to bare her breast as the lights went out?

I doubt she meant that tit to be seen. America was never going to ready for a pierced nipple during superbowl.

by Anonymousreply 113September 16, 2023 7:43 AM

I think they intended for her tit to flop out. She was wearing a big piece of nipple jewelry under the red part. Why wear it if you are going to hide it? They thought it would be edgy.

by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2023 9:09 AM

Janet knew exactly what she was doing. The tit was always planned to be shown for shock value, with the nipple jewelry allowing them to barely get away with the stunt (since, I guess, the jewelry prevented a completely naked breast from being exposed). Anyone claiming otherwise is delusional. They pulled a stunt to shock, and to seem sexy and edgy, and it backfired on them, big time. I agree the media blew it way out of proportion, but the entire performance (as well as pretending it was a "malfunction" afterward, and to this day) was cringeworthy. I do think JT should have gotten the media beat-down just as much as Janet did, however. He wormed his way out of that and should be ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2023 9:42 AM

Timberlake has another Trolls movie coming out. The last one did even better than the first and he was nominated for the Oscar for the song "Can't Stop the Feeling". He should have won but that lumbering "City Of Stars" from "LaLa Land" did. "Can't Stop the Feeling". has become a radio staple and no one remembers the winner. N'Sync reunited for a new song on the soundtrack as Timberlake courts the Academy again.

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2023 10:17 AM

[quote]And stop trying to make misogynoir happen.

It already does happen, too frequently. Your ignorance is abundantly clear.

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2023 11:49 AM

The light was supposed to go out when Justin said “…song,” which was when he pulled the cup, but it didn’t go out until seconds after, which is why Janet panicked and looked down. Even one of the producers at MTV said that Janet was mortified and seen crying backstage. Also, Janet used to have multiple piercings, including nipple rings, so the fact that she was wearing a nipple shield at the SB is not odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2023 12:04 PM

Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2023 12:13 PM

They're old, get rid of them and bring me some fresh young man meat!

by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2023 12:20 PM

If it was supposed to be dark then why do it at all if it's something nobody's going to see. That just sounds stupid.

by Anonymousreply 121September 16, 2023 1:29 PM

R118 How can anyone be this naive?

by Anonymousreply 122September 16, 2023 1:41 PM

The attractiveness of boy banders is very subjective. Personally, I think that many guys in boy bands are just seen as handsome because their songs are successful and that awakens female desire. The Beatles and The Monkees, for example, were all hideously ugly and yet, they were sex symbols. The same is applicable to The Osmonds, the Jackson 5, Duran Duran and most members of NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC and especially One Direction.

The 80s and 90s were a bit better in this regard (Spandau Ballet, Bros, A-ha), but in most cases most boy band members are hideous.

As for Timberlake, he has always looked like a malnourished Cabbage Patch Kid with those small, round eyes, bulbous nose and lipless mouth. Not to mention that he has a thin, whiny and nasal voice and, for a supposed tenor, his upper range is severely limited - he has always struggled to belt up to F4 and then, goes into a VERY strained falsetto that only showcases how limited his singing ability is.

JC Chasez has a better voice, even if his technique is even worse than Timberlake's. However, I have never found his narrow face and huge nose anywhere near attractive... Then again, it's a matter of personal taste.

As for Janet Jackson and her hideous, saggy udder, I can't believe that people are still talking about that ridiculous publicity stunt as if it had been a historical even of some sort. It was a cheap, tawdry and very transparent attempt to enliven her impossibly boring and badly sung Super Bowl halftime show, and the media inflated it into a moral transgression because of the Bush administration's paranoid, jingoistic and pro-Evangelical outlook.

by Anonymousreply 123September 16, 2023 2:04 PM

R123, you are a persnickety mincing prisspot, and I love you for it.

by Anonymousreply 124September 16, 2023 2:10 PM

Fank you, babes @R124! I luff ya, too.

Signed,

Persnickety Mincing Prisspot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 16, 2023 2:32 PM

[quote][R118] How can anyone be this naive?

The discussion from the director is here. It actually wasn’t supposed to go dark on “song,” it was supposed to go wide shot, pyro and then cut. Justin pulled it on “end of this” instead of on “song,” thus exposing her breast for the close up for half a second. She also says that Janet was sobbing backstage with a blanket around her. Your apologies are not accepted, cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2023 2:40 PM

All these bitches need money, including Timberfuck. Reunion tour announcement in 3,21....

by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2023 2:54 PM

R126 Her acting is worse than her singing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2023 3:23 PM

A lot of the 90s MMC cast were much more talented than Justin, JC, Britney, Christina and Ryan Gosling. It kinda just shows how the industry picks and chooses certain types. They wanted to recreate Michael Jackson, Madonna, Mariah Carey, etc in the form of younger teens. Picking a bunch of trained children from a variety show made more sense than betting on an entirely unknown. While many of the other MMC cast members may not have had big Hollywood careers, many found success in TV acting, Broadway, songwriting, producing, entertainment management, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2023 5:45 PM

Timberfuck should have been a man and whipped his cock out after exposing Janet's tit. Fair is fair, and supposedly nature was generous with the Timbersnake.

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2023 6:01 PM

R130, it was pathetic the way the media called him Trousersnake, the ladies' man. I never believed it. He was and is just a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 131September 16, 2023 6:39 PM

Britney was a Janet clone from day one. They even called her "Little Janet" behind the scenes on the MMC. To this day, she still twirls to Janet songs on Twitter/X.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2023 6:44 PM

Britney was good as an entertainer when she was young and full of life. Not the most talented woman ever but she was aspirational and seemed nice and approachable but had that banging body. She is nowhere close to either Janet or Madonna in terms of artistry, choreography and musical catalog. Britney only had about 10 years of nonstop popularity which is good but not as legendary as Janet, Mariah and Madonna’s two decade reigns.

by Anonymousreply 133September 16, 2023 9:13 PM

Janet dances better than Britney now. Britney's IG dance videos are so cringe sad. Steve Urkle danced better.

by Anonymousreply 134September 16, 2023 9:31 PM

Britney’s panty-twirlings crack me up, but what is going on with her teeth these days?

by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2023 9:45 PM

Janet really got good after studying in her late teens and also connecting with Paula Abdul to choreograph her. She improved and became quite exceptional when Control came out. She is still very influential on modern dance, Britney, Mya, Chris Brown and Ciara credit her and Kpop loves to mimic her style and do tributes. Britney was only good from 1998 to 2002. She injured her knee and regressed tremendously but I think her mental illness is a bigger reason for that. She was young when that injury happened so it’s not like she couldn’t still study and improve herself. Janet remained a top dancer majority of her career.

by Anonymousreply 136September 16, 2023 11:09 PM

R132 How dare Britney enjoy Janet's music - cancel her immediately!

by Anonymousreply 137September 17, 2023 12:16 AM

^Unclench, dear. I said it with positivity. Janet has long been her idol.

by Anonymousreply 138September 17, 2023 2:48 AM

Paula Abdul never got enough credit for her dance moves, which I think were better than Janet's, Madonna's and Britney's. She is the top dancer among all pop stars for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 17, 2023 2:58 AM

Paula got famous choreographing Janet’s early videos. She was the first hip “celebrity” choreographer.

by Anonymousreply 140September 17, 2023 3:02 AM

This is why Brits and most of Western Europe consider Americans to be cunts.

Americans were more outraged at a half second nipple display than the Republican nominee, a month before the presidential election, stating that he grabs women by their pussies without their permission.

by Anonymousreply 141September 17, 2023 3:16 AM

He said they let you grab them by the-. Not without permission. But yeah, the Superbowl thing was stupid.

But so are dumbass Europeans acting like they're any better than Americans or anyone else and don't do stupid human shit.

by Anonymousreply 142September 17, 2023 4:40 AM

The irony is the British are still considered uptight and prudish by other Europeans but also sex-obsessed, sounds similar to Americans.

by Anonymousreply 143September 17, 2023 4:57 AM

R126 The director must be telling the truth. LOL.

You think a stylist put gigantic jewelry on her tit not to be seen? Just to look lumpy under her clothes?

The red thing underneath had velcro titty covers for no reason at all? Just a coincidence?

Jesus you are a gullible fool, eating all the pablum you are served.

by Anonymousreply 144September 18, 2023 1:56 PM

R138 Yes, because calling someone a clone is very positive. Sit down, please.

by Anonymousreply 145September 18, 2023 1:59 PM

[quote][R126] The director must be telling the truth. LOL.

As was previously stated, moron, Janet Jackson wore nipple jewelry and clamps all the time back then. She may have had one on the other nipple. Justin ripped the cup before he was supposed to. Janet was mortified backstage. You wanting to believe something other than what the DIRECTOR OF THE PIECE who was, y'know, actually THERE, states in the video is just a weird kind of stupidity on your part. Now shut the fuck up and have several seats.

by Anonymousreply 146September 18, 2023 2:20 PM

[quote]Yes, because calling someone a clone is very positive.

Who are you, her manager? You sit down, clown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 18, 2023 2:23 PM

Why are all the members wearing those ugly suits except Timberlake?

Makes them look like his backup dancers or something.

by Anonymousreply 148September 18, 2023 2:30 PM

Timberlake has a severe hillbilly face going on at OP.

by Anonymousreply 149September 18, 2023 6:36 PM

R146 Jabba, you are a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 150September 18, 2023 8:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 18, 2023 8:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 18, 2023 8:56 PM

She should've debuted ALL NITE as the first single from Damita Jo and performed it instead of inviting Timberflake to perform with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 18, 2023 9:37 PM

The suicidal poster is posting her silly gifs again?

by Anonymousreply 154September 18, 2023 9:38 PM

You betta READ, Janbot/R146! Read that cunt like a church mother at Sunday school reading Bible verses!

by Anonymousreply 155September 18, 2023 9:44 PM

R110 That’s why I love Madge. Her ass always been real. Always.

by Anonymousreply 156September 18, 2023 11:19 PM

R155 😂 😆. You are hella funny.

by Anonymousreply 157September 18, 2023 11:19 PM

Bruh anyone who is saying Justin ripped off something too soon and what not is clearly lying. I mean for Christ sake they sing the lyric, “Bet I have you naked by the end of this song”. Then poof— titty reveal.

by Anonymousreply 158September 18, 2023 11:21 PM

What Janet SHOULD have did is state:

I am one of the biggest A list divas in the game and one of the top selling recording artists of contemporary music, I am headlining this show solo and not featuring a bunch of MTV lackey 20 something’s who can’t even perform.

That way she would have never worried about Justin singing that trite lyric from Rock Your Body, and would have never thought of the idea.

by Anonymousreply 159September 18, 2023 11:26 PM

Justin Timbercunt also treated Britney like shit. He’s a raging asshole. Can’t stand the sight of him. He can’t sing or dance for shit either.

by Anonymousreply 160September 19, 2023 6:02 PM

R116 = Justin’s mother.

by Anonymousreply 161September 19, 2023 7:14 PM

I'll never forget when he got Punk'd, and the first thing he did was call his mom crying like a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 162September 19, 2023 7:43 PM

R162

"Have you been showing your penis in public again, dear?"

"Moooommmm!"

by Anonymousreply 163September 20, 2023 1:28 AM

Is it only me or do they ALL look gay now?

by Anonymousreply 164September 20, 2023 1:38 AM

r164 what do you mean by "now"?

by Anonymousreply 165September 20, 2023 2:21 AM

R96 Another Level was the worst boy band

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 20, 2023 1:21 PM

R159 I was in middle school when that happened and my perception was that Justin Timberlake was one of the biggest stars in the world and I had barely ever heard of Janet Jackson. I only knew that she was Michael Jackson's sister.

by Anonymousreply 167September 20, 2023 1:22 PM

The only time I've ever come close to somewhat liking JT is when he has been in The Lonely Island skits.

by Anonymousreply 168September 20, 2023 1:48 PM

It is horrifying that Lance Bass appears in OP's picture with the sleeve tag still on his suit. Dear God.

by Anonymousreply 169September 20, 2023 1:52 PM

[quote][R159] I was in middle school when that happened and my perception was that Justin Timberlake was one of the biggest stars in the world and I had barely ever heard of Janet Jackson. I only knew that she was Michael Jackson's sister.

So you were roughly born in the early ‘90s?

A), you’re just a kid, still.

B) your perception is born of an ignorance that is really no fault of your own, as you were born during her most impactful years and were too young to realize the impact that Control, Rhythm Nation 1814, janet. and The Velvet Rope had and still have on the industry, Justin Timberlake included. Do yourself a favor and get educated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170September 20, 2023 5:00 PM

R170 Tell ‘em Janbot. His parents failed him. JT couldn’t even sell more records than Usher in those days.

by Anonymousreply 171September 20, 2023 5:07 PM

And they did an episode of "Hot Ones"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 22, 2023 3:23 AM

Really boring episode. Touring is huge again. Looks like Justin is back just so they can tour and get a really huge paychecks like Taylor Swift and Beyonce and say goodbye forever. Watch for the stadium tour next summer, then the movie version. He's got kids to feed.

by Anonymousreply 173September 22, 2023 10:29 AM

I do not think Justin Timberlake was even close to Usher, Chris Brown or Justin Bieber in terms of global popularity. NSYNC was not even close to BSB in popularity either. Justin Timberlake was never seen as close to Michael Jackson despite his obsession with MJ (and Prince). He was considered a white version of Usher whose popularity was cooling off after Confessions. Chris Brown and Bieber came around and took up Usher’s mantle while JT went into a 7 year “acting” career. He had maybe one big album era with 20/20 Experience due to mostly hype and huge PR though. Usher flopped, Chris was cancelled by then but Bieber was still bigger with teens and JT had mainly his 20something fan base. The only JT was truly big as a pop star was 2006-07. But he was never “Prince of Pop.”

by Anonymousreply 174September 22, 2023 8:08 PM

R173 Just like New Edition you can sense they don’t like each other (mainly they dislike Justin just like NE dislikes Bobby) but the money does talk. NKOTB and BSB seem to love each other like family. I do wonder if fans pick up on this

by Anonymousreply 175September 22, 2023 8:20 PM

They are not aging well at all.

by Anonymousreply 176September 22, 2023 10:10 PM

Who cares about Janet's saggy tit, I want to know why JC is still in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 177October 8, 2023 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!