Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shrill “Brown Queer Woman” Attacks Buttigieg Children, Gets Slammed for It

She didn’t like Chasten’s book, so she wrote about how their marriage is surely a scam, and they curated their biracial babies to meet some phony narrative, and the two are too white and too gay for Pete to ever win the presidency. She has an odd fixation on the race of the babies, as if they pushed a button on a vending machine.

Chasten called her out for mocking toddlers, and the rest of Twitter went after her for it, and now she’s playing the victim: “Don’t you know who I am????”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 17, 2023 7:14 PM

So called "queers" love to hate in gay men.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2023 10:32 PM

Girls, you're both curated.

He's everything she snarked about, she's got that impenetrable holier than thou snideness of the left. I hope they feud for years. It will be wildly entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2023 10:33 PM

Sorry, the "enlightened" left.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2023 10:33 PM

I do think they decided to have kids to make Pete look more relatable when he runs for President again.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2023 10:35 PM

[quote] She is a co-founder, with Ryan Conrad, of the radical queer editorial collective Against Equality, and the Policy Director of the Chicago queer radical collective Gender JUST

Yeah, no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2023 10:38 PM

More exhaustion from the link @R5

[quote] Nair’s work emerges from an anti-racist, anti-imperialist, anti-capitalist and abolitionist perspective but she is also critical of the banal form of identity politics that suffuses most woke left writing. She can lay claim to several identities—queer, disabled, brown, housing-precarious, female, vaguely foreign, a woman with terorist hair, a crazy cat lady, and others she may have forgotten but chooses not to use to justify her arguments.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2023 10:39 PM

She's a Reddit reactionary's idea of an intellectual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2023 10:41 PM

R6 holy shit. How do these people not realize they're walking parodies?

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2023 10:47 PM

So basically, she's not house trained. One of the people from the edges of life, wildly resentful, who turned her resentment into equababble that nobody listens to, not even the equally outraged at the weekly vegan and vituperate potluck

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2023 10:54 PM

R8, she clearly prides herself on being "radical".

R7, that is why I hate a lot of self-described "queer" activists.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2023 10:54 PM

[quote]Nair’s work emerges from an anti-racist, anti-imperialist, anti-capitalist and abolitionist perspective but she is also critical of the banal form of identity politics that suffuses most woke left writing. She can lay claim to several identities—queer, disabled, brown, housing-precarious, female, vaguely foreign, a woman with terorist hair, a crazy cat lady, and others she may have forgotten but chooses not to use to justify her arguments.

What do you want to bet that was not written by a third party?

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2023 10:55 PM

She's not gay. She's always had heterosexual relationships. She's a far-right loon who thinks calling herself "queer" shields her from being labeled a homophobe, which she absolutely is.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2023 10:56 PM

Housing-precarious?

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2023 10:56 PM

R12, cut the crap.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2023 10:57 PM

So she's not a lefty? Then the she proves it. The political spectrum isn't a line, it's a circle, where the extreme left and extreme right stand shoulder to shoulder, not at opposite ends.

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2023 10:58 PM

She really hates gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2023 10:59 PM

And.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2023 10:59 PM

And.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2023 10:59 PM

She doxxes people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2023 11:00 PM

Does this person know whatI have to endure as a wife and the mother of these children?

My Peter is always off on his Infrastructure Fact Finding trips with that tramp assistant t Trace. I am essentially a single mother!

You try breastfeeding two brats at once! My breasts are pendulous, and now they’re to my knees!

You try dealing with the snickering from the other rich bitch mothers in Kindercare, when you arrive at the school in a shirt covered in breast milk and baby puke, driving a ‘96 Subaru held together by duct tape, because your cheapskate husband refuses to buy you a new minivan, while they’re in a Volvo wagon and a J Crew twinset!

You try dealing with that passive aggressive monster Mother Buttigieg, who makes sure to let you know you’re too lazy and fat to be married to her son, as well as a bad cook and homemaker!

MY CASSEROLE WON BLUE RIBBON AT THE IOWA STATE FAIR MOTHER BUTTIGIEG!

And now this…person has the nerve to suggest this was a tactic to improve Peter’s image?!?! Sweetums, if I knew it would be like this I would have told Peter to adopt a couple of French Bulldogs instead!

I just don’t know how many more insults I can endure! I am going to retire to my she shed with a Pepperidge Farm coconut cake and a bottle of Barefoot wine and let these brats fend for themselves!

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2023 11:08 PM

[quote] She didn’t like Chasten’s book, so she wrote about how their marriage is surely a scam, and they curated their biracial babies to meet some phony narrative, and the two are too white and too gay for Pete to ever win the presidency.

This doesn't sound different from the detractors here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2023 11:14 PM

He very mildly chastised her and now she's shrieking that he called for a pile-on?

Cuckoo attention-whore woman.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2023 11:18 PM

I often wonder when people like that emerge from obscurity, what, if anything, constitutes a good and acceptable world?

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2023 11:20 PM

Ooh, Pepperidge Farm coconut cake. That puts me in the mood for a low quality nostalgia filled binge.

Also, fuck all breeder-queers right in their ears. Heteros calling themselves queer is incredibly offensive. At least to me, a person who was called queer (among other things) from first grade onward.

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2023 11:24 PM

Standard, run of the mill kook.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2023 11:28 PM

I'm still laughing at

[quote]a woman with terorist hair

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2023 11:45 PM

Yasmin seems like she'd be a real guest-favorite at parties. 🙄

[quote] He very mildly chastised her and now she's shrieking that he called for a pile-on?

R22 Just me, but I wouldn't even characterize his response as a mild chastising. 1.) He included a verbatim snarky quote from her review. 2.) He responded by commenting, "Not sure how this is a review of my book. You don't like it, fine. I'm ok with criticism." 3.) Then he added, "Leave my kids out of it." Personally, I don't consider the, "Leave my kids out of it," remark a 'chastising.'

It also helps Chasten's cause that this is all he's said, and self-identified crazy cat lady Yasmin is the one who keeps resurfacing with new, increasingly bizarre, and slightly violent/menacing tweets.

[quote] "Nair warned, 'If you’re a professional anything — a writer, a professor, a copywriter, anyone at all — and you sling mud at someone who makes her living by writing by making claims that are unsubstantiated, be prepared to have that sword nick you pretty hard.'”

Make no mistake, Yasmin chose this metaphor deliberately, knowing she's on the badly losing end of a pathetic argument and to lash out from the corner she backed herself into.

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2023 11:54 PM

R16, her hatred for gay men is palpable. I also have no idea wtf she is talking about. In my experience, gay men are no more classist than heteros.

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2023 12:02 AM

[quote] Nair received her PhD from Purdue in 2000. She has worked as an adjunct instructor, a beat reporter, columnist, and journalist for Windy City Times and Clamor.

In other words, she can't hold down a full-time job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2023 12:04 AM

The picture @ R29's link makes me think she has really nasty farts.

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2023 12:05 AM

[quote]In other words, she can't hold down a full-time job.

Since one of her "identities" is "housing precarious," I think you can safely remove "full-time" from that description.

Her entire position can be summarized as "I want free money and blame 'systemic whatever' rather than myself for not being successful in life."

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2023 12:06 AM

The real issue here is The Advocate bringing attention to her.

We've all heard it, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Her's is ... hers and is ridiculous, but so is 99% of Twitter/X.

By publishing her, the Advocate is giving her (COMPLETELY unwarranted) attention. I would also say, if I were Chasten, I wouldn't have responded, but whatever.

Fuck her. She is itching for a fight 24/7 per R16-R18. I'd almost believe R12 (I don't) that she is a plant, because no one in my life that I've talked to in person, is this delusional.

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2023 12:27 AM

A big case of 𝐒𝐈𝐖𝐎𝐓𝐈.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2023 12:27 AM

When I taught Queer Studies to college students, I included some material by the Against Equality “scholars,” in the interests of including multiple perspectives. Nonetheless, I thought it was bullshit then and now.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2023 12:42 AM

She’s an attention whore. Anyone labeling themselves as “queer” is an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2023 12:45 AM

How ironic her last name is Nair when she’s a hairy bitch

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2023 1:29 AM

R32, I believe that what Chasten B was responding to, and what the Advocate article was at least partially reporting on, was her review published in Nathan J. Robinson's Current Affairs magazine.

Seeing the tweets on this thread, and the tweets she's written since, I agree with you that it would be better if Chasten hadn't responded, as she's clearly a bit nutty.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2023 8:40 AM

Agree with everything you say R37. He shouldn't have engaged at all. This is going to end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2023 9:15 AM

They're going to mud-wrestle on Thursday to settle it!

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2023 9:22 AM

Chasten should retaliate by adding “Nair” to her shampoo.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2023 9:32 AM

She seems unbearable. I still agree with the hunch that the Buttigiegs windowshopped for maximum potential points towards a presidency. I'm not a fan of people buying surrogates in general.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2023 10:09 AM

A PhD from Purdue…. Printed on the thinnest toilet paper, no doubt…

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2023 10:37 AM

Why are they disabled almost every fucking time?

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2023 10:47 AM

Is she an Indian lady pretending to be black and a straight cis women pretending to be queer? All the while being opposed to equality for the groups she is cosplaying as? That’s pretty messed up.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2023 11:28 AM

Oh wait, her criticism of gay people is all about how they don’t stand with or understand the working class despite the fact that she didn’t come to the States until Graduate School, which would indicate to me that she grew up reasonably wealthy in India. HOW DARE SHE.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2023 11:34 AM

I hope she gets kicked in the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2023 11:38 AM

What an exhausting piece of work

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2023 11:50 AM

Why are they engaging with a homeless straight woman?

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2023 11:51 AM

Buttigieg may be image conscious, but this bitch is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2023 12:24 PM

[quote] I still agree with the hunch that the Buttigiegs windowshopped for maximum potential points towards a presidency.

If you fallowed him before he ran for the Presidency, they wanted kids from day one. There is old video about it somewhere. Anyway, it just looks like it was always the plan regardless of future career moves.

Plus I would argue all the straight hetero's do this and even brag about it. When a supreme court judge is being selected, his whole family is brought out to support him. Countless commercials of almost every politician with their "family". You name it, all about families and "the children".

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2023 12:27 PM

Having watched Chasten's tweets for years, he does not suffer fools and is likely better than language than she is despite her dubious PhD

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2023 12:35 PM

Kids are real in a way Tim Scott’s girlfriend and Yazmin Nair’s whole persona isn’t. I don’t understand how she hasn’t been Rachel Dolezal’ed yet.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2023 12:37 PM

She's more exhausting that Roxane Gay.

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2023 12:54 PM

R53 is the Union of Indian University Professors

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2023 3:56 PM

The kids are adopted. People are still wrongly saying they’re born via surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2023 4:41 PM

Typical shit-stirrer, who thinks their own shit doesn't stink.

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2023 5:10 PM

[quote]as she's clearly a bit nutty.

A bit nutty? The bitch is full of nuts!

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2023 5:02 PM

Peter might finally give me a new minivan if I keep this fight going another week.

If Robin Roberts calls to interview me, it’s a sure thing.

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2023 5:04 PM

Why can’t Pete & Chasten make life choices for the same reasons most people do? Because Pete ran for President and is Transportation Secretary? I don’t get the disdain for this successful and apparently happy gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2023 5:18 PM

[quote]I’m sick and tired of this shit from gay men: the sort who either hate their own working class backgrounds and/or uses ideological differences to basically hold entire groups of people in deep contempt.

Wow. She has DL absolutely pegged.

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2023 5:20 PM

She’s the type of shit American colleges produce.

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2023 3:22 AM

Not all of us R60.

I wonder if she posts here R61?

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2023 3:25 AM

She has so much rich material just from sticking to the adult gay men of the world. But to bitch about their children? That's low, even for an unemployed, homeless shrew.

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2023 4:13 AM

I hate every single asshole who writes for Current Affairs and similar publications.

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2023 5:06 AM

[quote]That's low, even for an unemployed, homeless shrew

I prefer "unwaged, housing-precarious woman with terrorist hair", R63.

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2023 10:04 AM

One thing she's right about at R16 & R17 & R18 -- and it is very evident here on DL -- that white gay liberal men tend to be classists and look down on the working classes and only pay lip service to them (like making or watching movies/plays about such people).

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2023 10:33 AM

Vile woman. I find difficult to believe any lesbian or ‘queer’ person would publicly write such an attack. And the issue of surrogacy destroys any credibility. His response was mild.

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2023 10:45 AM

She's. doing this to get attention which is what she wants if she didn't do this her lunatic ramblings would be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2023 11:04 AM

He made a mistake giving her the oxygen of publicity. She seems like an attention seeker with issues.

I can't get worked up about the opinions of people like that, mostly because I don't really believe the majority of their views are genuine.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2023 11:18 AM

If she has terrorist hair, it’s only because she chooses not to comb it. And it’s quite likely that she perms it. That woman is fake. And I don’t appreciate her cultural appropriation of blue collar Americans.

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2023 11:19 AM

GWM fund and control queer spaces -- bars, LGBTQ+ centers. People resent that. This has everything to do with GWM and nothing specific to do with Chasten & Pete.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2023 12:35 PM

[QUOTE] The political spectrum isn't a line, it's a circle, where the extreme left and extreme right stand shoulder to shoulder, not at opposite ends.

That's so reductive. Did you get that quote from Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2023 12:43 PM

“Housing-precarious!” Get a real job you mangy cooze.

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2023 1:13 PM

GWM are queer people so it is totally fine if they own queer spaces.

I resent straight, cis-people calling themselves queer while simultaneously campaigning against equality for queer people and attacking queer families.

by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2023 1:14 PM

[quote] Chasten should retaliate by adding “Nair” to her shampoo.

Oh R40, do you actually think she uses shampoo?

by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2023 1:14 PM

[quote]white gay liberal men tend to be classists and look down on the working classes and only pay lip service to them

That's an income level thing, not a race thing.

by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2023 2:26 PM

R76, right, it's an income thing, not a sexual orientation or race thing. And that poster should keep in mind that she never specified white gay men, she just said gay men (as a whole); She's dumb.

by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2023 2:43 PM

Who she be?

by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2023 3:12 PM

r45 great point re: being relatively wealthy. She wouldn't know what working class was if it shat on her doorstep. I'm going to assume she comes from a very privileged family in India. The only working class she was exposed to were the servants that cooked, cleaned and cared for her family

by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2023 3:40 PM

R72, no, I didn't. But telling you know enough about Reddit to think so.

by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2023 3:44 PM

R66, if we're being honest, who doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2023 3:45 PM

The Streisand effect

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2023 3:52 PM

Does she talk about the rampant homophobia in the black community?

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2023 3:52 PM

Harpo! Who dis fat, ugly blqunt?

by Anonymousreply 84September 16, 2023 3:53 PM

She was a brown queer woman in a black dress.

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2023 1:05 PM

[QUOTE] GWM are queer people

And I resent being called "queer".

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2023 1:07 PM

Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT. Yasmin Nair is a crazy, homophobic CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2023 1:11 PM

It’s not my favorite either R86, but I think you may be missing the bigger picture in this context.

by Anonymousreply 88September 17, 2023 1:27 PM

I don't like queer either, but the point is, you can't reclaim something that doesn't actually apply to you.

It is like a white person "reclaiming" the N word.

by Anonymousreply 89September 17, 2023 2:02 PM

R36 has left me literally teary from laughing. Take me, R36. And leave nothing left.

by Anonymousreply 90September 17, 2023 2:13 PM

She’s using queer as a stand-in LGBT and then discouraging (by using shame) a positive activity by one portion. of the group, in an attempt to disempower the whole group.

It’s a highly sophisticated version of those troll ads that encouraged liberal man not to vote so women’s votes would count more.

She’s counting on reactions like yours to allow her to do her work without meaningful dispute.

by Anonymousreply 91September 17, 2023 2:19 PM

No disrespect to the Subcontinent, but why does India seem to produce the most annoying SJWs? I'm thinking of Vaid Menon, that other enby who's mom paid for his Manhattan apartment, and this brown queer woman.

by Anonymousreply 92September 17, 2023 3:01 PM

R92, as someone from that region, it's probably because South Asians in the west are possibly the most sheltered kids in the world.

by Anonymousreply 93September 17, 2023 3:03 PM

Yasmin Nair is one of those people who can never realize or admit that if not for white people and institutions needing to check off those boxes with black/brown/other/gay faces and resumes (yes, they are FORCED to), she wouldn't get hired at Trader Joe's as a cashier!

Can you imagine the terror of being her co-worker? I'm certain she doesn't do a goddamned thing all day, but run her fool mouth and write sternly-worded emails! Academia is such a racket and has the side effect of producing these useless types who are determined to never work an honest day in their lives who we're forced to listen to!

by Anonymousreply 94September 17, 2023 3:52 PM

Thank you R93. America does create spoiled monsters.

by Anonymousreply 95September 17, 2023 5:43 PM

There was an comment piece in The Times today about cancel culture. It didn't argue those who cancel should be stripped of their capacity to try, but that they represented, usually, such an insignificant minority of people (not identities, eye roll) that they were having outsize influence - because cowardly institutions allowed it.

It is not that cancellation has met its match; rather, it’s that most modern controversies represent a kind of illusion. Yes, Murphy trended.Yes, her comments were a big deal on Twitter. But most people are not on Twitter and even fewer post on it. What almost destroyed Murphy’s career wasn’t an online spasm but the craven overreaction of her record label, venues, the BBC. And what saved her? That’s right: thousands of people (far more than those calling for her boycott) sending her album up the charts. Some selected hits.

"Consider, for a moment, the statistics. The number of people who signed an online petition calling for The Kerala Story to be cancelled was 120,000, which might sound like a lot but is less than 0.2 per cent of the British population. Cineworld nevertheless canned the movie.."

"And isn’t this a pattern we see again and again? It only takes a thousand or so people — less than 0.002 per cent of the population — to send a hashtag flying on Twitter but how often do we see not only record labels but big corporations and even editors genuflecting to these trends? What are they frightened of? To go weak-kneed at the sight of these ripples on the surface of cyberspace is a category error, a kind of selection bias, and a betrayal of the silent majority. It also incites online activists to become more punitive, doubtless astonished that they wield such power."

Poll after poll reveals that majorities of western citizens (unlike hardcore users of Twitter) support free speech, tolerance and compassion. They also reveal that most people are exhausted by punitive attacks. Cancel culture thus only works in the context of institutional appeasement. "

by Anonymousreply 96September 17, 2023 5:58 PM

R66, you're describing the left/"progressives".

by Anonymousreply 97September 17, 2023 5:58 PM

Extremist Progressives eat their own!

More at 11.

by Anonymousreply 98September 17, 2023 6:24 PM

Bitch needs to get a J O B

by Anonymousreply 99September 17, 2023 6:27 PM

[quote]from the edges of life

Que? She identifies with blue collar workers because she believes she’s one of the people now that she’s always broke due to her personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 100September 17, 2023 6:36 PM

don't you dare wear short shorts

by Anonymousreply 101September 17, 2023 7:10 PM

Well, these enbies, TWOC, and so called "queer females" with blue hair can start their own inclusive bars. But why do I get the feeling these types are bad tippers?

by Anonymousreply 102September 17, 2023 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!