Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Apologize For Danny Masterson Support Letters In Rape Trial: “We Support Victims”

These idiots. The internet never forgets. Their support of a violent rapist will follow them for the rest of their lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 28, 2023 7:43 AM

Fucked around and found out!

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2023 8:54 PM

To summarize: "we support victims...unless our friend is a perpetrator".

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2023 8:55 PM

Too little , too late. We see you now.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2023 9:01 PM

Anybody else just want these two to shut the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Well which way does the wind blow today?

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2023 9:06 PM

R4- Yes! And bathe, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2023 9:07 PM

r6

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2023 9:09 PM

Yeah right. Fuck these hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2023 9:11 PM

How does “We thought this letter was only for the judge” make this any better?

Also, did they grab those t-shirts out of the laundry basket before making this video?

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2023 9:13 PM

So 2 rapes is cool, 3 not so much?

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2023 9:13 PM

Relatives and close friends have trouble looking at situations objectively. It's human nature to give someone close to you the benefit of the doubt and support them. At the very least they should have avoiding making any public statements.

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2023 9:13 PM

C'mon, Cancel Culture, DO YOUR THING!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2023 9:15 PM

Wow talk about an insincere apology.

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2023 9:18 PM

Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2023 9:18 PM

They look like absolute dog shit in OP's link.

by Anonymousreply 15September 9, 2023 9:20 PM

r15

by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2023 9:22 PM

Academy award winning performance

by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2023 9:23 PM

Who cares? They defended a friend. I would do the same thing. They weren't there to witness any rapes. Sorry, not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2023 9:31 PM

Hilarious, they even resorted to that basic PR trick where you appear run down while issuing an apology. They look like hicks filming on a flip phone behind the shed, even though they're millionaires.

by Anonymousreply 19September 9, 2023 9:31 PM

Ashton seemed more natural than Mila. Mila's statement seemed canned and her tone and facial expression was angry.

[quote] They look like absolute dog shit in OP's link.

That's how celebrities issue an apology. Casual clothing and "no-makeup" makeup.

by Anonymousreply 20September 9, 2023 9:32 PM

r18 Defending a friend even when he's already been convicted of rape? How old are you, exactly? Because you're supposed to get over that juvenile "ride or die" phase once you hit your twenties.

by Anonymousreply 21September 9, 2023 9:33 PM

R18 that's because you're a sociopathic imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2023 9:34 PM

Right, if I was the judge and read their letter, I would immediately give Danny an extra 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 23September 9, 2023 9:35 PM

How long has it been since they last bathed? I can smell them through the screen.

by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2023 9:36 PM

r18 r22

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2023 9:36 PM

Ride or die, bitches. You dizzy cunts wouldn't know what real friendship is about. Ride or die.

by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2023 9:36 PM

She came across more bitchy than he did douchey, which is quite a feat.

by Anonymousreply 27September 9, 2023 9:37 PM

r26

by Anonymousreply 28September 9, 2023 9:37 PM

r27

by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2023 9:37 PM

OP you didn't think the first 3 threads about this were enough?

Dumbass

by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2023 9:38 PM

R29

by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2023 9:38 PM

r30

by Anonymousreply 32September 9, 2023 9:38 PM

R25

by Anonymousreply 33September 9, 2023 9:38 PM

Yeah, she did come across as bitchy - like this was such a waste of her time to have to stop and apologize.

by Anonymousreply 34September 9, 2023 9:38 PM

[quote] Dumbass

R30 = Red Forman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 9, 2023 9:40 PM

This video….something is off about these two.

by Anonymousreply 36September 9, 2023 9:41 PM

"Right, if I was the judge and read their letter, I would immediately give Danny an extra 50 years.'

🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 37September 9, 2023 9:42 PM

"We support sexual assault victims AND their rapists."

by Anonymousreply 38September 9, 2023 9:47 PM

They both look pissed off they got caught. Loyalty aside, they should have considered submitting that letter a little more, given how long they have known Masterson. There's no way they didn't hear stories along the way.

Very little to respect or like about these two.

by Anonymousreply 39September 9, 2023 9:47 PM

Dear Judge,

Our friend Danny is usually a great guy, and he never raped us, even though we’re hot and famous, so please go easy on him so that we can party with him again someday while we’re still young and hot.

Sincerely, Rich Famous Douchenozzles.

by Anonymousreply 40September 9, 2023 9:50 PM

CUNTS!

by Anonymousreply 41September 9, 2023 9:50 PM

Anna Nicole did always have the best advice about speaking out....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2023 9:59 PM

They really are of below average intelligence. I feel like most actors are a few steps up from being mentally handicapped.

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2023 10:12 PM

R43 You don’t need any education to qualify for acting unless in very few instances like say specific theatre. So many will be very under-educated.

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2023 10:26 PM

Shut up, Meg!

by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2023 10:34 PM

I hate these fucking cunts. So glad they showed who they are. Keep going assholes. Hopefully you cancel yourselves soon, if not this time.

Read Demi Moore's book if you want to know what a nasty brick of shit this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2023 11:09 PM

I'm not giving that bitch any money.

What did she say about creepy Ashton?

by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2023 11:11 PM

Oh, the tea!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 9, 2023 11:13 PM

[quote] Who cares? They defended a friend. I would do the same thing. They weren't there to witness any rapes. Sorry, not sorry.

Agreed. They knew him as a friend not a depraved rapist. I don't think they were trying to diminish the malevolence of his acts or the pain he caused his victims.

by Anonymousreply 49September 9, 2023 11:18 PM

They made those statements before the trial. At that point they didn't know the details. Just that their friend was in troubled and asked them to stand up for him. This is not tricky stuff people.

by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2023 11:25 PM

He had already been convicted.

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2023 11:33 PM

Interesting backstory and theories on Ashton’s involvement in the murder case of his date:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 9, 2023 11:41 PM

I don't think he was involved w/the murder of his girlfriend, Ashley Ellerin. I'm not sure he'd even consider her a girlfriend. On the night she was murdered, she was waiting at home - for hours - for Ashton to arrive. He finally does arrive. He knocks on the door, no one answers. He looks through the window and sees blood - says he thought it was spilled wine. He leaves the house.

Ashton later finds out Ashley was murdered and he "freaks out" because his fingerprints are on the door.

He sounds like a cold cunt, but I don't think there's evidence that he murdered her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 10, 2023 12:30 AM

Asston also told January Jones to stop acting when they dated. who the fuck is he to talk? He’s known for being on one of the worst shows ever. At least she got to be part of something great.

by Anonymousreply 54September 10, 2023 12:52 AM

"We support victims and Scientologists."

by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2023 12:55 AM

R46, what did Demi say about Ashton?

by Anonymousreply 56September 10, 2023 3:32 AM

This takedown is epic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 10, 2023 8:05 AM

[quote]Anybody else just want these two to shut the fuck up?

I've wanted them to shut up since I first heard them "act".

by Anonymousreply 58September 10, 2023 8:25 AM

Reminds me of . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 10, 2023 9:17 AM

Has she become more masculine looking? I remember her looking much cuter and a little dainty. Those eyebrows, though, make her look like she's recently out of a state prison. Rough.

by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2023 9:31 AM

Talk about getting your tit caught in a wringer.

by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2023 11:36 AM

Is Lacey Chabert going to play Meg again if Mila gets cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2023 11:41 AM

Mila was groomed by Ashton.

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2023 11:42 AM

This was before I was ever on social media, but I vaguely remember that Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher were making a name for themselves as a couple on Twitter by raising awareness and working hard to stop sex trafficking and the abuse of women. Demi's Twitter handle was Mrs. Kutcher (*eye roll*). Figures it was just for publicity (and a personality for Demi).

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2023 12:14 PM

Remember - Milan was 14 years old when she started that show and Ashton was 20.

Here’s Ashton squirming on the Rosie show with Mila when she innocently exposes that Danny Masterson and Ashton Kutcher made a dare / bet to french kiss her when she was 14.

And now they’re married.

And he has the nerve to be a figure for anti-child trafficking.

He HAS to be hiding something.

Creep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2023 12:16 PM

R60 She’s like Russian / Ukrainian or something. They age hard. In 5 years she’ll be wearing a handkerchief around her head with socks up to her knees.

by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2023 12:19 PM

[quote] Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher were making a name for themselves as a couple on Twitter by raising awareness

When they weren't otherwise busy with Kabbalah, I remember their pledge of allegiance, not to the US but to Obama.

A Harpo production

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 10, 2023 1:19 PM

R67 Whaaat?

Did you see at 1:11 with Michael Strahan.

“I pledge to consider myself to be an American and not an African American”.

And look at how pissed he seems reading that from a teleprompter someone probably wrote that for the black stars doing this.

It’s so crazy and so easy to look back at even the 2000s and see the blatant racism that was so normalized in the US.

That’s why white people are sick of “today”. They want to go back to letting it be ok to pull this type of shit.

by Anonymousreply 68September 10, 2023 1:33 PM

Translation, "Danny's family has a lot of shit on me so to pacify them we wrote these letters and now Mila is really pissed at me for roping her into this because of my pervy ways."

by Anonymousreply 69September 10, 2023 1:39 PM

Ashton is proving that you don't have to be a Scieno to be blackmailed and threatened by Scienos. You got Punked Ashton.

by Anonymousreply 70September 10, 2023 1:49 PM

How much thought went into should Ashton appear 1, 2 or 3 days unshaven?

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2023 1:53 PM

I love it that Sharon Osbourne recently said he was the rudest celebrity she’s ever met.

by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2023 2:29 PM

It was like they woke them up early in the morning to make the video. Damage Control.

by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2023 2:30 PM

It looks they're in a hostage video. Why didn't they just keep quiet?

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2023 2:34 PM

People don't get canceled anymore. Even Kevin Spacey is free free free. Sorry you dizzy cunts, take your whining elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2023 2:36 PM

These two fucktards.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2023 2:36 PM

[quote] . Sorry you dizzy cunts, take your whining elsewhere.

R75, how many people have you raped?

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2023 2:37 PM

Unrelatedly, Hollywood still loves Roman Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 78September 10, 2023 2:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 10, 2023 2:53 PM

It would appear the brother who appeared on "Malcolm in the Middle" was not involved with this, thank God.

by Anonymousreply 80September 10, 2023 3:17 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 10, 2023 3:19 PM

R81 is for the cunt @ r75.

by Anonymousreply 82September 10, 2023 3:20 PM

R82, that is gross. What a weird thing to say about someone who is only 15.

by Anonymousreply 83September 10, 2023 3:26 PM

Why are these two a thing? Neither one of them could act their way out of a paper bag.

Say what you want about Charlie Sheen, even at his drunkest and most drug addled, he was still a lot funnier and a much better comedic actor in his last season on Two and a Half Men then Kutcher was in the subsequent following 4 years after he replaced Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 84September 10, 2023 3:30 PM

Mila was actually very good in Black Swan. It made sense why Natalie Portman would be obsessed with her. She was everything Natalie wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 85September 10, 2023 3:35 PM

WHAT A CUNT!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 86September 10, 2023 3:44 PM

[quote] R82], that is gross. What a weird thing to say about someone who is only 15.

Men making that joke was not as big of a deal 20 years ago. Especially since Ashton was good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 87September 10, 2023 3:54 PM

R87, I know. I was a teenager at the time punk'd was on tv. But that's still gross, especially in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 88September 10, 2023 3:55 PM

[Quote]Unrelatedly, Hollywood still loves Roman Polanski.

And Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 89September 10, 2023 4:26 PM

Here's a juicy video from a former Scientologist. He's giving Mr. Clean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 10, 2023 4:39 PM

Bless your heart, R90.

by Anonymousreply 91September 10, 2023 4:51 PM

Anthony’s looking hot AF, @ R67!

by Anonymousreply 92September 10, 2023 4:59 PM

This sucks. LOVED me some Mila Kunis.

But, yeah, I’ll never not think about this every time I see her.

I still think their “It Wasn’t Me” Super Bowl ad was way more egregious.

by Anonymousreply 93September 10, 2023 5:07 PM

I think they should both go to North Korea to help negotiate peace.

by Anonymousreply 94September 10, 2023 5:13 PM

I’m sorry, but I’m not ready to throw them under the proverbial bus.

People like DM have a very distinct ability, to have two separate faces.

On one side, you witness and experience your relationship with someone like DM as a relationship that is wholesome & noteworthy.

The above stated: What trips so many people up, is that they have NEVER witnessed or experienced the depravity that goes on behind closed doors, when a sociopath is acting out within the Jekyll/Hyde trope.

Honestly?

If you have not encountered and figured out that people like this exist, then consider yourselves REALLY lucky.

It’s absolutely unbelievable, until it happens to you.

No one is perfect or pure. AK & MK are both coming from a place of total sincerity, as they have never witnessed what DM is capable of.

It’s NOT their fault.

They were both conned & fooled into believing a monster in their midst, was a genuinely good person.

For those of you who haven’t experienced this type of con first hand?

Please allow me to express to you, that when someone you love & trust is accused of being a sociopathic monster? You just cannot immediately accept the truth.

It’s mind blowing and inconceivable. You just cannot believe this type of criminal behavior, can be assessed or cast upon the person in question, who treated you and others in your circle, well.

This is what malignant narcissism & sociopathy is all about.

People like this genuinely & deliberately put forth an effort to con others, as it gives them a sense of power & control over those who have zero clue, as to whom they’re actually dealing with.

This is why sociopaths are so fucking insidious.

You have no clue how horrible they are, and that what you experience with these people, is all an act and a manipulative tactic that is SPECIFICALLY aimed at cultivating people who aren’t their direct targets, as fall guys.

Look at DJT, for example.

Here is an absolutely craven and immoral man, who was able to deceive millions of Americans, at their own, personal peril.

Herman Cain, anyone? Millions of Americans dead from CoViD because a former president REFUSED to do the right thing, in order to remain in office via fraud, violence, & continuous obstruction of justice?

This couple worked with DM for years, & were unfortunately, gas lit from day one, & were fooled into believing DM is/was a good guy, because they were never subjected to the violence & complete disregard DM meted upon his victims

I’ve witnessed an experienced a dynamic such as this one, first hand. I witnessed people completely deny my experience of horrible events, in order to deny their own humanity, & most importantly, in order to not face the facts that someone they loved and/or trusted, was/is, a total POS.

IDGAF that AK & MK are wealthy celebrities.

Anyone can be gaslit by people like DM, & whether or not they recognize this or whether others do or don’t as well, AK & MK were ALSO victims, because they were fooled into believing that their coworker was a really good person, though he was not.

It’s not surprising that they wrote letters of support on behalf of DM.

It’s part of the cycle of abuse, when one considers that even women or children who are abused, oftentimes stick up for and defend their very own abusers.

It’s such a profound head fuck, & I hope they both can eventually come to terms as to why their “mentor’, is spending the next 30 years behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 95September 10, 2023 5:57 PM

Meg is prettier now

by Anonymousreply 96September 10, 2023 6:04 PM

Fangurl cunt at r95 need to watch the video I linked at r57.

by Anonymousreply 97September 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Assuming they were being honest with their earlier defense of Masterson, if Ashton and Mila had any principles they'd say they had nothing to apologize for. As noted above good people don't necessarily see the evil side of their acquaintances.

But of course they weren't being honest with the court and plainly they have no principles.

by Anonymousreply 98September 10, 2023 6:37 PM

Other support letter writers include Kurtwood Smith and Mary Jo Rupp, the parents from That 70s Show. Also Billy Baldwin. Are they catching shit like the Kutchers, or are they smart enough to lay low until this blows over?

by Anonymousreply 99September 10, 2023 6:44 PM

R95 they were aware of the full extent of the rape allegations, knew what the victims went through and still decided to believe their friend was a nice guy. This is about RAPE not just regular nastiness. They are stupid and/or awful people.

by Anonymousreply 100September 10, 2023 7:03 PM

Hollywood may still love creeps like Spacey or Woody but the general viewing audience doesn't. And they're what really counts.

by Anonymousreply 101September 10, 2023 7:05 PM

Kutcher has put his foot in his mouth on several other occasions. When will he learn to just shut the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 102September 10, 2023 7:06 PM

[quote] Other support letter writers include Kurtwood Smith and Mary Jo Rupp, the parents from That 70s Show. Also Billy Baldwin. Are they catching shit like the Kutchers, or are they smart enough to lay low until this blows over?

I think you can write a letter of support for a friend who did something bad. Ashton / Mila's mistake was opining about how Danny is not an "ongoing danger." How the fuck do they know?

by Anonymousreply 103September 10, 2023 7:17 PM

Christina Ricci weighs in:

[quote] So sometimes people we loved and admired do horrible things. They might not do these things to us and we only know who they were to us but that doesn’t mean they didn’t do the horrible things and to discredit the abused is a crime

[quote] People we know as ‘awesome guys’ can be predators and abusers. It’s tough to accept but we have to. If we say we support victims – women, children, men, boys – then we must be able to take this stance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 10, 2023 7:52 PM

Okay old frau @ R95, time for your Aricept and a nap. Let's go.

by Anonymousreply 105September 10, 2023 8:04 PM

Sometimes, letters of support are not a good idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 10, 2023 8:09 PM

R104, good for Christina. Fuck Ashton and Mila!

by Anonymousreply 107September 10, 2023 9:19 PM

Team Ashton and Mila.

Plenty of people write letters to the court on behalf of a defendant. It's not illegal.

Did they say he shouldn't be punished? The letters were simply showing support as an appeal for a more lenient sentence, which turned out to be excessive.

by Anonymousreply 108September 10, 2023 9:27 PM

R95 You have a condition known as "diarrhea of the keyboard."

by Anonymousreply 109September 10, 2023 9:28 PM

All this does is reinforce the power of Scientology. Masterson is a sociopath. The Judge saw through it all. AK & MK were enablers but Scientology kept that crazy train going for 20 years.

Judge: “Mr. Masterson, you are not the victim here. Your actions 20 years ago took away another person’s voice and choice. Your actions 20 years ago were criminal, and that is why you are here,”

by Anonymousreply 110September 10, 2023 9:34 PM

R1 😂 I know you are likely a proud gay man but I found that very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 111September 10, 2023 9:45 PM

Masterson makes my pussy so wet. Why did he get away with it for so long. It’s not like he’s Tom Cruise. Makes me think he is being scapegoated for something larger.

by Anonymousreply 112September 10, 2023 10:09 PM

[quote]PrettiestBecky

Hardly.

by Anonymousreply 113September 10, 2023 10:13 PM

F&F and block the troll at R112.

by Anonymousreply 114September 10, 2023 10:16 PM

From today's NYT:

The couple said in the video on Instagram that Masterson’s family had asked them to write the letters “to represent the person that we knew for 25 years, so that the judge could take that into full consideration relative to the sentencing.”

Tony Ortega, one of the journalists who published the letters on his Substack, “The Underground Bunker,” wrote that “these letter writers were probably aware that Judge Olmedo could really only choose between 15 to life and 30 to life.”

“They knew they were not trying to convince her to let Danny walk out of prison,” he added. Another Substack, “Legal Affairs and Trials with Meghann Cuniff,” also published the letters."

by Anonymousreply 115September 10, 2023 10:19 PM

[quote] Judge Olmedo could really only choose between 15 to life and 30 to life

That makes sense. So, it was a consecutive sentence (vs. concurrent sentence).

They should have written, in their letter: "15 years is sufficient punishment," and we ask that your Honor sentence him to 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 116September 10, 2023 10:23 PM

I don't think they should have apologized for their letter, even if the letter was in questionable taste.

by Anonymousreply 117September 10, 2023 10:24 PM

Did these entitled, marginally talented, formerly attractive idiots run that letter by their manager/agent/attorney or any other trusted, show business savvy friend/associate? I have trouble believing anyone with any extensive knowledge of how bad publicity, and/or even the remotest appearance of, and the possibile association with and/or condoning of, or even sympathizing with, a convincted rapist ,would be a good idea and not prove somewhat injurious to a show business career?

This lame attempt at damage control just shows how fake and disingenuous these 2 are.

If they are so "concerned about rape/sexual assault victims", let them put their money where their big mouths are. Their are several rape crisis centers, abused victims centers, domestic and spousal abuse shelters, mental health clinics, legal aid centers, etc. desperately in need of funds. Let them donate a few million, and then we can have a more serious conversation about their redemption.

by Anonymousreply 118September 10, 2023 10:26 PM

R108 must be Donald Trump. 30 years for two violent rapes is not excessive

by Anonymousreply 119September 10, 2023 10:30 PM

Do letters like this EVER work?

I sure hope not.

Our justice system is already fucked up enough without friends of the convicted criminal being able to influence the judge to lessen the sentence.

by Anonymousreply 120September 10, 2023 10:34 PM

They should not have apologized. There was nothing wrong with writing a letter attesting to their friendship and perhaps asking for leniency in the sentence. Kutcher and Kunis were not asking for a 'not guilty' verdict.

by Anonymousreply 121September 10, 2023 10:40 PM

I mean with friends like the Kutchers who needs enemies.

by Anonymousreply 122September 10, 2023 10:47 PM

I wonder how much Ashton is worth now. Didn't he make his initial killing with Amazon stock? People with money to burn, especially in HW, can lose both good sense and empathy if they had it to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 123September 10, 2023 11:05 PM

Do some celebrities not have managers or or people?

by Anonymousreply 124September 11, 2023 12:42 AM

Oreo meant. It seems like a lot of this could have been handled better

by Anonymousreply 125September 11, 2023 12:42 AM

I wouldn’t write a letter like this for my own brother if he raped someone, never mind a former coworker. They must have been blackmailed.

by Anonymousreply 126September 11, 2023 1:44 AM

This is an awful look. Not saying anything might've served them better. But they showed you who they are regardless.

by Anonymousreply 127September 11, 2023 1:47 AM

Damn their eyes look so mean. Mila looks like she could literally stab someone. I do not promote plastic surgery but I encourage these two, if they want to remain in the spotlight, to take better care of themselves. JFC with all that money and they look like that…

by Anonymousreply 128September 11, 2023 1:58 AM

According to the guy in R90's video, the Kutchers were probably told by Masterson's legal team that the letters would be submitted under a seal. What they didn't say was they only had the ability to request a seal, and the final decision was up to the judge. No one involved thought for a minute the judge would be agreeable to the seal, so Ashton and Mila were led down the garden path.

by Anonymousreply 129September 11, 2023 5:27 AM

Friends and family of the convicted routinely plead for leniency from judges before sentencing. They’re incapable of being objective about a person that they’ve known and loved for decades. I don’t think that writing this letter makes Kutcher & Kunis monsters nor deserving of “cancellation”.

by Anonymousreply 130September 11, 2023 5:48 AM

Are they now suddenly on the side of the rape victims, after supporting Danny the Rapist for years? Stupid, shallow celebrities. F off.

by Anonymousreply 131September 11, 2023 5:50 AM

Support letters like this are stupid. Whether you think your friend is a good person or not in a case like this is irrelevant. He wasn’t accused of raping his friends. Nobody sees all sides of a person.

by Anonymousreply 132September 11, 2023 6:07 AM

It's very infantile for justice to allow such letters. But since they do, here we are. If someone was a very good friend and asked me to write such a letter after a conviction I would write it. Redemption is possible and important.

by Anonymousreply 133September 11, 2023 6:33 AM

If my friend asked me to write such a letter I would realize that my opinion of them in friendly situations was irrelevant to their crime. Moreover, if a friend of mine had violently raped and threatened someone it would show me that I never actually knew the person and the degradation they were capable of.

by Anonymousreply 134September 11, 2023 6:50 AM

R132 you bring up a great point. I was the one who asked for attorneys advice on whether or not these letters really affect the court’s decision.

I found the letters to be poorly written and just outright dumb. His wife’s letter about planting damn wine vines was literally bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 135September 11, 2023 6:54 AM

The only relevant letter would be if the rapist had expressed responsibility, remorse, etc for his actions to his friends.

by Anonymousreply 136September 11, 2023 7:03 AM

Masterson denies all?

by Anonymousreply 137September 11, 2023 7:24 AM

R137 what is he going to say? Yes, your honor, I’ve been raping?

by Anonymousreply 138September 11, 2023 9:53 AM

It’s funny all these narcissistic lying individuals who feel they are really fooling everyone. In todays world, it takes a lot of work to convict an individual - especially a Scientologist with all their wicked cohorts. In the past, I believe there were many innocent or framed individuals who either got wrongly convicted or setup. I believe the judicial system has grown up and really tries to protect innocent people. There is a lot of work that goes in to convicting an individual.

Now… I could be speaking out my butt because I do not work in law enforcement anymore; however, I have seen a significant change in the mentality of some law enforcement.

I did work for the state Patrol as did both of my parents and sister. So, I have been on the inside and have seen a lot of dysfunctional egotistical cops that also feel self entitled and above the law. Corrupt cops are very real and sad.

by Anonymousreply 139September 11, 2023 11:33 AM

You'd think if your "good friend" (showbiz friend) was convicted of a violent rape, you'd just bow out of writing any leniency letters. Especially if you're a celebrity and especially if you're a celebrity that publicly claims to help sex trafficking victims.

Mila's line reading of her apology was particularly amusing when she tried to sound sincere and intelligent but could hardly pronounce the phrase judicial system.

by Anonymousreply 140September 11, 2023 1:39 PM

There's another cryptic post from Danny's ex (chrissiebixler on Instagram). She says there was an orchestrated meeting in 1998, Danny's living room, with Danny, Ashton, Laura Prepon, and January Jones. She added #hiddencameras.

I suspect the sickly look on Ashton's face, and the source of Mila's anger, is knowing that Chrissie was there all the time in the early days and knows his secrets. They can't control her, and those secrets could be problematic.

At the end of the day, their image is what matters. It determines the type of attention they garner and the money they can make. Having that threatened is bone chilling, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 141September 11, 2023 1:51 PM

“Look, we’re hardly wearing any makeup. That’s how serious we are.”

by Anonymousreply 142September 11, 2023 5:37 PM

R129-So in effect it seems these 2 sent that letter in the hopes that it would never be made public. Even worse. So not only do they try and vouch for their "good friend" who committed several violent and heinous felonies, they didn't even have the courage of their "convictions"(no matter how wrong headed). They submitted the letter hoping the general public (including their "loyal and adoring fans") never find out. How brave and courageous of them! I think they just replaced Harry & Meghan as the couple we never want to hear about again.

by Anonymousreply 143September 11, 2023 7:22 PM

Someone on Twitter figured out they were actually posting from outside their pool.

by Anonymousreply 144September 11, 2023 7:59 PM

What do you expect, they are all lScino Clams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 11, 2023 8:40 PM

[quote] You'd think if your "good friend" (showbiz friend) was convicted of a violent rape, you'd just bow out of writing any leniency letters

You should realize Msterson has lots of dirt on Ashton too. It would have been dangerour for Ashton to just shrug him off

by Anonymousreply 146September 11, 2023 8:48 PM

^ Again, clams all blackmail each other.

by Anonymousreply 147September 11, 2023 9:11 PM

I've always thought support letters are silly anyway. Just because friends think someone is nice doesn't mean they're innocent.

by Anonymousreply 148September 11, 2023 10:32 PM

R147 What do you mean by 'clams?' I'm asking sincerely because I do not know.

by Anonymousreply 149September 11, 2023 10:33 PM

They have poor management who are unable to guide them through this moment. The apology for supporting a friend and colleague of three decades only makes matters worse. You don't apologize for supporting a friend of 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 150September 11, 2023 10:36 PM

See R42

by Anonymousreply 151September 11, 2023 10:42 PM

Didn’t kitcher get spotted at a happy ending massage parlour a few years ago and rushed to put a spin on it? I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a rapey perv too

by Anonymousreply 152September 11, 2023 10:43 PM

[quote] Moore alleged that Kutcher encouraged the couple to have threesomes and break the “G.I. Jane” actor's sobriety

[quote] Kutcher said he “[feels] for anybody who feels like they were violated in any way” but wants Masterson “to be found innocent of the charges brought against him.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 11, 2023 11:01 PM

Do any of Demi's revelations matter? She went along with it and also, he's pretty much a has been by now.

by Anonymousreply 154September 11, 2023 11:04 PM

From r153 article, he also stated “I’m not the judge. I’m not the jury. I’m not the D.A. I’m not the victim. And I’m not the accused. And so, in that case, I don’t have a space to comment.”

Yet he opened his giant mouth and inserted his fat foot. If he'd only listened to his own comment from earlier in the year.

by Anonymousreply 155September 11, 2023 11:05 PM

I had remembered Demi's threesome lament and never believed she was that reluctant a participant.

by Anonymousreply 156September 11, 2023 11:05 PM

Most importantly about the threesome thing, did he mean with another guy or girl?

by Anonymousreply 157September 11, 2023 11:07 PM

[quote] I had remembered Demi's threesome lament and never believed she was that reluctant a participant.

I was more concerned about the sobriety comment. He didn't deny what Demi said about encouraging her to break her sobriety.

All this talk about how Danny set the anti-drug example. Then he buys a vineyard.

by Anonymousreply 158September 11, 2023 11:12 PM

He needs to learn to say “it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to comment.”

Short, sweet, truthful, and subtly implies the person asking for the comment is also behaving inappropriately and should probably STFU.

by Anonymousreply 159September 11, 2023 11:13 PM

[quote] he threesome thing, did he mean with another guy or girl?

Demi wrote it was another woman. You don't think Ashton would be generous enough to let Demi have two guys do you?

In any event I'm certain I recall items about Demi and Bruce doing threesomes.

by Anonymousreply 160September 11, 2023 11:20 PM

[quote] In any event I'm certain I recall items about Demi and Bruce doing threesomes.

Same question, though. 2 guys or 2 women?

by Anonymousreply 161September 11, 2023 11:41 PM

Laura Prepon, Topher Grace and Wilmer Valderrama haven't written supporting letters. Anyone know what's up with that? I never watched the 70s Show. My interest in the case stems from following the Co$ for a couple of decades since Lisa McPherson's death at the cult's hands.

by Anonymousreply 162September 11, 2023 11:42 PM

Wilmer is also a perv. Laura is a former clam who fears retaliation by the Church. Topher and Danny were never friends.

by Anonymousreply 163September 11, 2023 11:47 PM

Topher is a miserable person.

by Anonymousreply 164September 11, 2023 11:58 PM

R160, Wasn’t Demi shitcanned from “General Hospital” for having sex with an underage male cast member?

by Anonymousreply 165September 12, 2023 12:03 AM

R149, they're called clams because of some typically weird and obscure teaching from the demented L. Ron Hubbard. See under the heading "Humans Evolved from Clams."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 12, 2023 12:14 AM

And, of course, there's the anti-$cientology "Operation Clambake" site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 12, 2023 12:17 AM

R162

[quote]In 2018, Grace told The Hollywood Reporter that he “never saw any of that behavior” during his time on 70’s Show. “I feel like it sounds like I’m defending him, but the truth is I never saw any of that stuff,” he told the publication. “I was, of that cast, the most boring. So when it came to going out after the show and partying, I just was boring.”

Topher hasn't commented on the sentencing, but his wife posted on Instagram Stories

[quote]“To every rape victim that is retraumatized by witnessing society debate and focus their attention on what is going to happen to the RAPIST … I see you ❤️,”

by Anonymousreply 168September 12, 2023 12:33 AM

I think Ashton and Mila are terrific. I really do.

by Anonymousreply 169September 12, 2023 7:37 AM

I want the "seafood" background. Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis - are clams? Were clams? Not clams at all?

by Anonymousreply 170September 12, 2023 12:27 PM

Ashton is disgusting if he really did try to break Demi's sobriety. I have 0 respect for people like that.

by Anonymousreply 171September 12, 2023 1:52 PM

Ashton is disgusting --- period.

by Anonymousreply 172September 12, 2023 2:17 PM

Scientologists are evil

by Anonymousreply 173September 12, 2023 2:39 PM

Has Danny’s brother, Chris, said/written anything? I didn’t see his name with the other letter writers including the half siblings.

Chris has to be a clam, right?

by Anonymousreply 174September 12, 2023 2:41 PM

"Clam" makes me think of vagina. "My fraternity brother ate out this girl's clam right in front of everyone."

by Anonymousreply 175September 12, 2023 2:44 PM

Clam has been online slang for Scientologists for over 2 decades.

by Anonymousreply 176September 12, 2023 3:37 PM

On top of that, there's the "Sea Org."

by Anonymousreply 177September 12, 2023 3:39 PM

I thought clam was just the clit, or the clit and pussy lips. Not the entire vagina.

by Anonymousreply 178September 12, 2023 5:48 PM

In what way is a clit like a clam??

by Anonymousreply 179September 12, 2023 5:54 PM

R179 I gather you don't live by the sea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 12, 2023 5:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181September 12, 2023 5:58 PM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 182September 12, 2023 6:02 PM

Was Ashton old enough to drink when he was with Demi?

If someone did that to me, I'd be gone that day.

Unless, he was a narcissist who called me 'buddy,' of course.

by Anonymousreply 183September 12, 2023 7:10 PM

Sooo..about Chris?

by Anonymousreply 184September 12, 2023 8:45 PM

R174: Yes, Chris Masterson is a $cientologist. He began dating Laura Prepon in 1999 (after being introduced by Danny) and they were together for about eight years. He was in the courtroom with the rest of the Masterson clan/clams for Danny's sentencing, and wrote a letter on his behalf regarding sentencing. All of the letters written on Danny's behalf are at the link below.

Another name that popped out at me (which I hadn't heard yet) -- director David Trainer. Other than the pilot, he directed every episode of "That '70s Show", as well as the Kutcher/Masterson series "The Ranch." (He also directed many episodes of "Designing Women", "Cybill", "Boy Meets World" & "Hot In Cleveland")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 12, 2023 10:40 PM

The Behavior Panel has weighed in (briefly) about Ashton & Mila's hostage/apology video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 12, 2023 10:49 PM

R155 nailed it. Truth!

by Anonymousreply 187September 12, 2023 11:18 PM

We don't support r8pists and we condemn violence against women. We support and continue to support our friend and colleague of thirty years whom we don't know to be a man who abuses or assaults women.

by Anonymousreply 188September 13, 2023 12:16 AM

R81 not denying that Ashton's a creep, but for the sake of fairness, what R87 says is completely correct.

I remember that era clearly, and sexualizing underage girls (so long as it was done in a "joking" manner) was considered acceptable in mainstream media back then.

Remember when Lindsay Lohan did that "sexy" Harry Potter skit for SNL in 2004? She was only 17 back then.

Not just that, but the fictional character she was spoofing, Hermione Granger, was actually A FEW YEARS YOUNGER than Emma Watson, who was portraying her. Emma would've been 13 or 14 at the time the skit came out.

Also that same year, Eminem released the song "Ass Like That" which included the lyrics:

[quote]Hilary Duff is not quite old enough/So I ain't never seen a butt like that/Maybe next year I'll say ass and she'll make my pee pee go doing, doing, doing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 13, 2023 12:32 AM

Fuck the both of them.

by Anonymousreply 190September 13, 2023 12:47 AM

R188-Again, the fact that he was their friend and colleague for 30 years whom they didn't know to assault or abuse women is irrelevant. It goes without saying that people have several aspects to their personalities, and it seems Danny was an expert at never revealing that aspect to Ashton & Mila. The fact that he is an actor didn't exactly make that more difficult than usual.

The fact remains, he was found guilty of violent sexual abuse of at least 2 different women, with strong allegations of a possible third. While it may not have been their original intent, a letter to the Judge requesting leniency in sentencing gives the appearance that these two value their friendship with Danny over the victims' feelings. Not a good picture for actors whose careers depend on not alienating future potential audiences.

by Anonymousreply 191September 13, 2023 1:39 AM

No, it's relevant to their support for a friend of who is in trouble. I doubt they will willingly support someone they know has assaulted multiple women

by Anonymousreply 192September 13, 2023 1:48 AM

r162 New information is coming out that Topher did actually write a letter to the judge trying to influence Danny's sentence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 13, 2023 1:54 AM

^^ This also made me laugh (re: Topher & Laura being asked to write letters), when I saw it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 13, 2023 2:02 AM

But R192-That's exactly what they did! They wrote a letter supporting their friend whom they now knew was found guilty of sexual assault in a court of law by a jury of his peers!

And to make matters worse, these idiots were somehow under the impression that letter would not be made public. Once it did, they scrambled to do damage control in the form of that totally unconvincing, insincere, and may I add, badly "acted" apology video. I repeat my original question: did they show this video to their agents/managers/producer and/or director friends before releasing it to the public? If I didn't know better, I'd never say these were 2 professional actors.

by Anonymousreply 195September 13, 2023 2:04 AM

Everyone knows there are two sides to every rape story.

by Anonymousreply 196September 13, 2023 2:09 AM

[quote]I doubt they will willingly support someone they know has assaulted multiple women

You sound extremely naive.

by Anonymousreply 197September 13, 2023 2:11 AM

Did OJ Simpson receive any letters of support?

by Anonymousreply 198September 13, 2023 2:13 AM

This story is ducking hilarious to me. I can’t help but to feel smug that these two symbols of undeserved/unearned extreme privilege had it all taken away in Snap!! One second. They aren’t used to accountability, clearly. And the fact that they aren’t used to it tells me that fuck yes, they could support a rapist because they are so “loyal” to their friends.

by Anonymousreply 199September 13, 2023 2:40 AM

R198, I wrote one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 13, 2023 2:44 AM

They did at least choose a nice relaxing spot to film it in at least. They must have been so glad they chose a rustic look for their poolhouse wall at that moment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 13, 2023 2:49 AM

[quote] Did OJ Simpson receive any letters of support?

He was found not guilty, i.e., was acquitted. Hence, no sentencing and no need for letters of support.

by Anonymousreply 202September 13, 2023 2:49 AM

I am sure that the Clams love that the discussion around their role in intimidating the accusers, and their attempt to help Danny get away with his crimes has been so thoroughly shifted onto Ashton and Mila for writing letters, and away from the cult's culpability.

by Anonymousreply 203September 13, 2023 2:51 AM

R202, Of course. How madcap of me.

by Anonymousreply 204September 13, 2023 2:57 AM

r165, no, that only happened in your imagination

by Anonymousreply 205September 13, 2023 2:58 AM

R205, Oh, really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 13, 2023 3:02 AM

r206 thinks kissing is the same as sex.....and she was not fired for any personal conduct

You got your "info" from a made-up Entertainment Lawyer blind item.

by Anonymousreply 207September 13, 2023 3:06 AM

It's a good question: Who IS their PR director? What did CAA have to say about this?

by Anonymousreply 208September 13, 2023 3:20 AM

[quote]Ashton is disgusting if he really did try to break Demi's sobriety. I have 0 respect for people like that.

I just looked and see that Demi is 16 years older than him, so she probably ruled the roost. But...if her sobriety was that fragile, she should have waited to get married. I'm not defending Ashton Kutcher at all, but Demi seems weird and pretty unstable in general so grain-of-salt (IMO) with her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 209September 13, 2023 3:40 AM

[quote] I repeat my original question: did they show this video to their agents/managers/producer and/or director friends before releasing it to the public? If I didn't know better, I'd never say these were 2 professional actors.

R195: I also wondered that about the original "ask" (by the Masterson family) to write the character letter. I think I mentioned it in other thread about Danny's sentencing.

Did ANY of them -- not just Ashton & Mila, but their fellow T7S castmates Debra Jo Rupp & Kurtwood Smith -- check-in with their agents/managers/PR people/lawyers before writing said letters?? Even if they were under the impression the letters wouldn't be made public.....everything is fucking "on record". I would imagine (or would hope) someone's PR/manager/lawyer would have said...."You should probably just steer clear of this; just don't say anything."

That's why you pay all those people/they take a percentage of everything.

by Anonymousreply 210September 13, 2023 7:24 AM

R207, She was fired for inappropriate behavior and that’s a fact.

by Anonymousreply 211September 13, 2023 10:10 AM

R209, that is true. I remember after Demi and Ashton divorced, there were all these pictures of her acting crazy with Lenny Kravitz. She has arrested development.

by Anonymousreply 212September 14, 2023 2:12 AM

I really don't understand the point of those letters. Shouldn't the case be based on evidence - those letter writers weren't there and didn't know anything about what the criminal did. Criminals usually hide their crimes from their friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 213September 14, 2023 2:16 AM

R211 I heard Annie Logan may have left PC a virgin but Jeremy did not! (Depending on how you define virginity!)

by Anonymousreply 214September 18, 2023 4:14 AM

Danny knew he was fucked I believe the letters were a last hope effort of… yes, I fucked up, but I am a really good friend and mentor. These individuals were told it would be anonymous and now because they helped a rapist their lives are being taken down. It’s all a really fucked up situation.

So many unwell individuals craze notoriety and once they get it some end up in a situation where everyone hates them. It is so sad. I would never want to be well known. People are meticulously scrutinized and critiqued and then thrown under the bus. Sad world.

by Anonymousreply 215September 18, 2023 7:38 AM

R215 crave not craze

by Anonymousreply 216September 18, 2023 7:39 AM

I wouldn't mind being rich, but not if it involved becoming famous.

by Anonymousreply 217September 21, 2023 4:16 AM

Perhaps rich alone is better but I'd love to do a three or four camera sitcom and make money that way.

If famous came along with it, I'd be okay. You just have to manage it.

by Anonymousreply 218September 28, 2023 7:17 AM

Kutcher raped Kunis when she was 14. Why is anyone surprised?

by Anonymousreply 219September 28, 2023 7:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!