Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘American Horror Story: Delicate’ actually looks promising…

… for a newer AHS season at least. The show has gone downhill every season post Coven, but this looks like it may be the best season we will get in recent years.

We shall see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2024 9:17 PM

You think that Emma Roberts, Cara Delevigne and Kim Kardashian look promising. The most promising the show has been in years?

Um... yeah, I definitely wish you a lot of luck with that, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2023 3:02 AM

I really loved most seasons, but there's no way in Hell that this season is promising. Double Feature was WEAK, but atleast there wasn't a Kardashian involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2023 3:08 AM

R1 I said nothing about the acting. I haven’t seen enough to come to a conclusion about that yet. But the premise looks promising

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2023 3:09 AM

R2 based on the premise of the show, Kim Kardashian is actually an inspired casting choice.

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2023 3:10 AM

I’ll give it a try because I’ve loved AHS on the past but I’m sceptical

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2023 3:10 AM

But OP/R3, you said nothing about Emma Roberts, Cara Delevigne and Kim Kardashian.

The anti-thespians. They're terrifying but not in a fun way. It's more of an "Oh my fucking god, NO" way.

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2023 3:13 AM

Emma Roberts has been acting since she was a child. Including her with Kim K, a famous for being famous reality star, and Cara, a nepo model who has a career because her parents bought it for her, isn’t fair.

Emma is a nepo baby with two entryways into Hollywood but she’s been acting for over 2 decades now.

by Anonymousreply 7September 7, 2023 3:20 AM

Okay, R7, then you can not include her when you write about the three listed stars. The rest of us will do whatever the fuck we want.

All three look deadly dull, any one of them could kill a show deader than dead but all three? My god, send in the body bags.

by Anonymousreply 8September 7, 2023 3:24 AM

I don't think I can.

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2023 3:25 AM

R8 your first paragraph makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2023 3:26 AM

R4 Seems like Milla Jovovich would've worked too, bigger plus, she can act.

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2023 3:30 AM

Who compares Milla Jovovich to Kim K? WTF.

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2023 3:31 AM

I'm okay with it, R10.

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2023 3:32 AM

Is this a Rosemary’s Baby inspired piece?

by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2023 3:51 AM

R12 Not her as much as her part in Paradise Hills, and R14 it's described in one trailer or announcement that Rosemary's Baby was an inspiration (along with about 1000 other things that comprises this shows seasons).

by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2023 3:56 AM

R13 you would be. You wrote it. Mr. No Education

by Anonymousreply 16September 7, 2023 10:54 AM

Looks bland and predictable.

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2023 1:13 PM

Looks like it may actually have a coherent storyline and plot. Hasn’t had one of those in years.

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2023 1:28 PM

The last AHS was abominable. Abominable.

And now they want to toss in that virus named Kardashian?

Burn the film and pretend this never happened.

by Anonymousreply 19September 7, 2023 1:30 PM

The show has been terrible for years now. It hasn’t had a coherent storyline in years.

by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2023 1:32 PM

I loved it when it was only 2 hours and called "Rosemary's Baby." This looks tedious and if it is the same writers as AHS/NYC it WILL be unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2023 1:46 PM

R21 I was about to say, Rosemary's Baby. It will be typical Ryan Murphy writing. The first three episodes will be good, then it will bring out more plot points and crappily tie them all up in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2023 2:03 PM

This show hasn't been good since Jessica Lang left rotation. You need heavy hitting actresses like her, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Frances Conroy and Sarah Paulson to bring this mediocre, low-grade writing to life. They either fill it or give it the necessary camp reading that makes it watchable. Seeing Kim K say, "You're A-List now," or "Do you want an Oscar more than a Baby?" with zero irony and dead flat serious is second hand embarrassment inducing. I think Ryan Murphy was trying to "Elizabeth Berkley" Kim Kardashian. But Ryan Murphy is no Paul Verhoeven and Elizabeth Berkley had enough acting chops to unknowingly deliver camp classic lines that didn't fall flat and that Paul could work with.

by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2023 2:12 PM

[quote] The last AHS was abominable. Abominable.

No it wasn't.

AHS New York City was one of the better seasons, in the last five to ten years.

The cast was great, it was actually scary at some points, and most importantly, it had a coherent resolution, which most of the recent seasons have lacked.

I like some of the newer and younger actors that Murphy has hired, such as Isaac Cole Powell. However, I do hate the nepo babies.

It would be nice if Ryan Murphy could hire another "classic actress" who hasn't worked in decades, and put her front and center.

When AHS Season 1 premiered, Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy hadn't worked in years. But he not only resurrected their careers, but showcased their amazing talent. Then he did the same with Kathy Bates.

Now that they've all experienced career resurgencies, he should find another actress with great talent, who could use a career boost.

I think it would help both the actress AND the show.

by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2023 2:31 PM

R24 disagree. NYC was unwatchable. It was so bad.

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2023 2:40 PM

R23 her delivering those lines is what makes her casting inspired. Who better to play the agent of someone willing to sell her soul for fame and fortune than Kim K?

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2023 2:41 PM

[quote] her delivering those lines is what makes her casting inspired. Who better to play the agent of someone willing to sell her soul for fame and fortune than Kim K?

Snookie already did this as a cameo on Supernatural.

It was perfect, because it was JUST a cameo, and didn't use her as a character for an ENTIRE SEASON.

Casting BILLIONAIRE Kim Kardashian for a season of AHS just really rubs me the wrong way.

Especially when there are better and more deserving struggling actors out there who need and want the work.

Ryan Murphy used to be sympathetic to the plight of the "little people," but now it seems like all he cares about is stunt casting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 7, 2023 2:47 PM

R27 one has nothing to do with the other. Supernatural was a series where each episode had its own standalone story. Snooki being in one episode works there. AHS isn’t that kind of show and never has been. And you know that.

by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2023 2:50 PM

Looks HORRIBLE. I can't believe we are expected to watch Kim K. attempt to act. A new low for Ryan Murphy.

Sorry OP. No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2023 2:55 PM

I agree with OP.... it promises to suck.

by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2023 3:02 PM

Emma I can definitely handle, but wooden “actress” (bored rich Brit) Delevingne I could live without, and that Kardashian, pumped full of liquids like a butterball turkey? Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 31September 7, 2023 3:10 PM

What makes the show runners of AHS think that anyone would ever want to watch a season of this show with such a polarizing figure as Kim Kardashian in it?

She is an abomination, and I won't even read a news or entertainment article about her or her disgusting family.

Fuck Ryan Seacrest for ever foisting this family on our country, and fuck Ryan Murphy for keeping these grifters employed.

I won't be watching this season because Kim Kardashian is in it.

There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 32September 7, 2023 3:16 PM

Emma is amazing at playing a rich bitch.

by Anonymousreply 33September 7, 2023 3:17 PM

[quote]It would be nice if Ryan Murphy could hire another "classic actress" who hasn't worked in decades, and put her front and center.

I would die if he used Kim Basinger, if he could pull her out of retirement. She would be SO good in AHS. But he better make the material amazing.

by Anonymousreply 34September 7, 2023 3:17 PM

R32 lmao they’re employed whether Ryan Murphy cast Kim or not. They’re filthy rich.

by Anonymousreply 35September 7, 2023 3:18 PM

[quote] Emma is amazing at playing a rich bitch.

The ONLY thing Emma can do is play a rich bitch.

There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 36September 7, 2023 3:18 PM

AHS is past its prime. He isn’t gonna try to get a classic actress now. Those days are done. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2023 3:18 PM

Looks okay. Not great. You can already see Kim K’s acting is bad. Hopefully Murphy can carry the story through and not go off the rails. I’m curious if this series will have any connection to the others, or has he abandoned that device.

by Anonymousreply 38September 7, 2023 3:22 PM

People are overreacting to Kim K for no reason. She will most likely be a character you see come in and out of scenes but not one who is around too much.

by Anonymousreply 39September 7, 2023 3:26 PM

Did they actually finish before the strike? I notice it says "Part One."

by Anonymousreply 40September 7, 2023 4:03 PM

R40 - I think part one is before Halloween, then American Horror Stories cuts in, then AHS resumes after New Years.

by Anonymousreply 41September 8, 2023 1:58 AM

Hard pass on anything with a Kartrashian in it.

by Anonymousreply 42September 8, 2023 2:11 AM

I thought she was busy becoming a lawyer

by Anonymousreply 43September 8, 2023 11:55 PM

When is "American Horror Story: Kardashian" coming out?

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2023 12:22 AM

The new teaser has even more Kim in it and I hate to say, but it looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2023 12:21 AM

Kim K has a really irritating voice

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2023 12:23 AM

Like all AHS seasons, it’ll be good for 3-4 episodes, then go completely off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2023 12:41 AM

Crap first episode. There was like 30 minutes of the episode and 30 minutes of commercials.

by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2023 3:02 AM

It looks like they only have 4 episodes produced before the strikes.

by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2023 3:12 AM

Shows like this shite make me grateful for the strike. Someone (Murphy) needs to mercy kill this show out of its misery. Should have ended with Lange's departure.

by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2023 3:51 AM

Kim K was better than Emma Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2023 3:51 AM

Heartstopper!!!

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2023 6:37 AM

Kim K is very good in this role but it’s kind of an over the top camp character. I feel like it takes less talent to do those kind of roles. She seems more intelligent than she does in real life.

by Anonymousreply 53September 22, 2023 2:19 AM

Nah I think you have to be pretty good to pull off camp. There is good camp and there is bad camp. It’s not all equal.

by Anonymousreply 54September 22, 2023 2:22 AM

Someone once pointed out to me that Emma Roberts looks like Laura Ingraham and now I can't unsee it. If you Google pictures of young Laura Ingraham the resemblance is actually kind of uncanny in some photos.

by Anonymousreply 55September 22, 2023 7:34 PM

Oh, is Ingraham also an alcoholic who abuses her boyfriends?

Well, Laura does actually abuse her beaux. She's seriously evil and vindictive, just ask her brother what she used to get up to. She's a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 56September 22, 2023 11:36 PM

Well, I hate to admit it but Kim K. isn't as bad an actress as I'd thought she'd be.

by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2023 1:11 AM

Kim K? She is EXACTLY as horrible an actress as she has been all these years on those godawful scripted reality shows.

She's repulsive on so many levels, her terrible acting hardly seems important.

by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2023 1:15 AM

Barfing up black stuff on stage and her husband just looks away in disgust instead of, you know, going to help her. This season really blows so far.

by Anonymousreply 59September 28, 2023 11:53 AM

I’ve never watched the series but tuned in to this because I wanted to see KK could act.

by Anonymousreply 60September 28, 2023 1:07 PM

AHS hasn't been good since Coven.

by Anonymousreply 61September 28, 2023 1:08 PM

Maybe it's Murphy's intention...I dunno I was half asleep while watching the first episode but it felt like a bad 80's horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 62September 28, 2023 1:14 PM

It really does, R62, plus there are so many commercial breaks. These first two episodes maybe made up an hour total.

by Anonymousreply 63September 28, 2023 4:38 PM

I tuned in for about two minutes, and when I saw Emma Roberts and Kim Kardashian on the screen, it dawned on me:

I DON'T LIKE EITHER OF THESE PEOPLE!!!

Then I thought, why am I watching this?? I can't stand Emma Roberts and Kim Kardashian.

That's when I turned it off.

I usually watch AHS, just because it's been a thing for me to do, in the past 10 years or so.

But I won't be tuning in this season. First time since Roanoke.

by Anonymousreply 64September 28, 2023 5:56 PM

The husband sucks. Not liking this so far. A season of gaslighting and Rosemary’s Baby lite seems lame.

by Anonymousreply 65September 28, 2023 8:57 PM

A season of Kim fucking Kartrashian and Emma fucking Roberts seems lame.

by Anonymousreply 66September 28, 2023 11:02 PM

Didn’t realize it was the first episode last night!

Watched close-captioned at a bar so couldn’t hear voices, but Emma Roberts looked totally unappealing in her role.

Kim actually had a presence onscreen (damn, all that surgery)! I liked her.

by Anonymousreply 67September 28, 2023 11:34 PM

[quote] Shows like this shite

Right, guv, that your opinion then?

Bob’s yer uncle, mate!

by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2023 1:46 AM

[quote] Barfing up black stuff on stage and her husband just looks away in disgust instead of, you know, going to help her.

That didn’t actually happen. She hallucinated that.

by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2023 3:41 AM

Kim Kardashian is one note, but she plays that note entertainingly. The Jamie Lee Curtis and Olivia Wilde digs were rare bright points.

I was watching with my mother and had to explain the Don’t Worry Darling drama.

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2023 1:11 PM

You can tell this season is the first to be adapted from existing source material because it's nothing like any of the previous seasons. The cast is much smaller (it almost feels like a Covid production in that regard) and the story is playing out slowly without a million meandering subplots. So far I'm liking the different vibe, but I feel like it's pushing it to get 10 episodes out of this story.

by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2023 2:06 PM

Did the nurse in the hospital give her an abortion under the guise of an ultrasound? She was sure twisting and pumping that wand.

by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2023 2:59 PM

The Kardasian name is a non-starter for me. Why not grab a Pailn while we're at it? 🤣

by Anonymousreply 73September 29, 2023 3:27 PM

I thought the hefty lass harassing Emma Roberts in the bathroom was a transwoman.

Apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 74September 29, 2023 5:11 PM

Who the fuck keeps trying to make Cara DelaWhatever happen as an actress?

by Anonymousreply 75September 30, 2023 7:39 PM

Emma Roberts is fun as a sidekick but she’s not a leading lady. I don’t know who would have made a better star…but not she

by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2023 8:06 PM

I've never seen any of the American Horror Story series. Horror is not my thing.

I do have a desire for them to make American Horror Story: Drag Queens just because it would be so much fun. I'd watch that one just to see what happens to the fucking Nazis who try attacking Scary Story Hour at the liberry.

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2023 8:17 PM

[quote] I do have a desire for them to make American Horror Story: Drag Queens just because it would be so much fun. I'd watch that one just to see what happens to the fucking Nazis who try attacking Scary Story Hour at the liberry.

That would be campy and hilarious fun!

We got a glimpse of it from AHS Double Feature - Red Tide.

There was a scene where Evan Peters was doing a drag performance, and the other queens were picking on him. So he went back to their house and got revenge by killing them all.

The last one to live was a large queen who escaped, but then got mauled by a vampire. It was fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2023 8:23 PM

I love Cara Delevingne

by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2023 8:28 PM

You should, r79, she is your daughter.

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2023 8:31 PM

Yay, r78, I may have to check that one out.

For AHS Drag Queens I hereby nominate Bianca del Rio because that Queen would be fucking hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2023 8:33 PM

Does anyone want to talk about the actual story, instead of how much you hate the cast?

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2023 8:54 PM

I just want to talk about how much I hate the cast.

by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2023 10:36 PM

Emma Roberts is a horse-faced cunt. I have always hated her. She is a terrible actress and is a mean bitch in real life. I hope she gets hit by a Mack truck.

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2023 10:39 PM

Yeah, R82, we're cool with talking about how much we hate the cast. To be fair, it's a fucking awful cast.

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2023 11:09 PM

I don’t HATE Kim K in this. She’s not great, oh my no, but even she is more appealing than Emma Roberts and fucking Matt Czurchy. I’ve hated him since Gilmore Girls. Casting Emma Roberts as the “heroine” in anything is a bad move—NO ONE would ever root for her.

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2023 11:14 PM

Maybe the demons will get her by the end of the season, R86. Think positively, they could get both Roberts and the K-whore.

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2023 11:19 PM

Variety says Kim K’s performance is “thrillingly competent”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 1, 2023 1:59 AM

I call shenanigans on that, R88!

In order for her to have a "comeback" she would have to go away first. This has not ocurred.

by Anonymousreply 89October 1, 2023 5:10 AM

I've only watched the first episode. Who's the dark haired one w/the pumped up Michelin Lips and HUGE Dump Truck Ass? Is that character AI generated? The husband of the blond one has chipmunk cheeks - is this supposed to be a comedy? At least the apartment is large and well furnished.

by Anonymousreply 90October 2, 2023 8:07 PM

That plastic surgery nightmare you describe certainly sounds like Kimmykins Kartrashian.

But I've never seen the show so it may be someone else.

by Anonymousreply 91October 2, 2023 8:09 PM

Siobhan Corbyn. What a name!

by Anonymousreply 92October 2, 2023 10:35 PM

Siobhan is an Irish name.

by Anonymousreply 93October 2, 2023 10:37 PM

I think Kim K gets paid for every "fucking" she uses.

by Anonymousreply 94October 2, 2023 11:19 PM

I've watched the first two episodes and I'm a little confused about Roberts' character. Everyone discusses her (including herself) as if she's a decade older than she is. She talks about her dusty, old eggs. She has several people refer to how old she is and how she's of a different generation than the actress she's up against at the Gotham Awards. Roberts just turned 32 this year (and could pass for five years younger). That's hardly has-been age. And Czuchry, who plays her husband, is 46. It seems like they planned the character to be older and never bothered to change the script once Roberts was cast.

Does anyone think they had a different actress cast who fell through at the last minute and Murphy asked Roberts to step in?

Also, Halley Feiffer is the worst writer working today.

by Anonymousreply 95October 3, 2023 4:35 PM

According to a summary online, Anna is supposed to be 36 in the book. So Roberts isn't too far off, although I don't know if her character is also supposed to be 36. But I agree Roberts looks young for her age. As for her "dusty eggs" I assume she feels that way since she's having trouble conceiving, which could be for lots of reasons that aren't age related.

by Anonymousreply 96October 3, 2023 4:55 PM

If it was just that comment, then I would give it a pass, but everyone is treating her as if she's Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her. There's a line where she tells a younger actress that she's wearing Madonna's dress from the 1991 Oscars and the younger actress says, "I'll have to YouTube it, I wasn't born yet," and I'm thinking- And neither was Emma Roberts! (Actually she was JUST born the month before.) It's just not a good fit, casting wise.

It reminds me of the movie 13 Going on 30. When the main character was 13, it was supposed to be 1987. And they show her and her friends geeking out over Thriller and Rick Springfield, both of which were way over by then. It's clear the script was written several years before, and the filmmakers were too lazy or stubborn to fix it and figured everyone would be too stupid to realize. Shit like this just takes me out of the story completely. But I guess the average Ryan Murphy viewer doesn't give a shit.

I'm only watching to see how horrendous Kim is. (She's actually not terrible. Not good, but satisfactory enough.) I doubt I'll go past the first two episodes, though. The story is unengaging.

by Anonymousreply 97October 3, 2023 5:06 PM

Watched the 2nd episode - the dark haired one (Sheboygan ?) - looks like the back end of a horse costume. The Blond one sure whines a lot. Really liked the fat chick in the bathroom (at the awards show) - nice teeth.

by Anonymousreply 98October 4, 2023 3:26 PM

This season seems like a Canadian production.

by Anonymousreply 99October 5, 2023 12:28 PM

I've been noticing the lines on Roberts' neck and they are super pronounced for someone her age who was never fat.

Also, Julie White should fire her agent.

by Anonymousreply 100October 5, 2023 7:49 PM

Aaaaaand... they have cross-eyed tranny Michaela Jae Rodriguez using a breast pump in the first scene this week.

I'm out. Enjoy your deathtrap, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2023 7:57 PM

This season is soooo slow. The first three episodes could have easily been condensed into one. And I agree wholeheartedly with the "Canadian production" comment. Everything about this season feels CHEAP. The show was renewed through season 13, but I wonder if the network is having buyer's remorse and decided to slash its budget? That's the only explanation I can think of for the low production values, small cast (which is also lacking in Murphy "regulars"), and use of existing IP for the story.

by Anonymousreply 102October 6, 2023 4:05 PM

What's next, more "directing" from Our Lady J?

by Anonymousreply 103October 6, 2023 4:13 PM

Watch Chucky on SyFy instead.

Much more entertaining, and better writing.

by Anonymousreply 104October 6, 2023 4:55 PM

You're not enjoying it? How can this be? It has legendary thespians Kim Kartrashian and Emma "drunken abuser" Roberts. If you're not enjoying this then there must be something wrong with you.

by Anonymousreply 105October 9, 2023 2:21 AM

There was a Tudor era flashback with a young Elizabeth I sporting the most ridiculous hairdo and crooked hat I’ve seen.

by Anonymousreply 106October 12, 2023 2:24 AM

This week's episode was a new low. I'm not sure anyone over there knows what the fuck is going on, and every script feels like a first draft.

by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2023 4:59 PM

It's so hilarious how Emma's character is paranoid about everyone being against her but she just blindly takes the mysterious looking medicine Kim K gives to her. An obvious Rosemary's Baby reference.

by Anonymousreply 108October 19, 2023 5:48 PM

R107 - you’re not alone. This season is dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2023 8:01 PM

So, did the blonde ones oven timer go off yet? Has the demon within made it's debut?

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2023 9:30 PM

Yes, r110, the demon looks like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2023 9:39 PM

Any guesses as to what the zit on her face is that she keeps picking at? I keep thinking a spider will crawl out of it.

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2023 2:18 PM

R112 - I keep thinking she has ketchup on her face.

by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2023 2:39 PM

r112 gee you think? I mean there are 1000 spiders in the opening credits crawling out of everything.

by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2023 12:26 AM

They suck too, but even Leslie Grossman or Billie Lourd would have made for a better lead than Emma Roberts. That’s if Murphy was determined to stick with his “stable.”

by Anonymousreply 115October 23, 2023 12:57 AM

No new episode this week? I'm guessing because of the strike, but then why release the first five episodes if you can't show the rest for a while?

by Anonymousreply 116October 27, 2023 7:11 AM

On general principle I despise any Kardashian but to be fair she is playing the cynical manipulative manager very well. I guess she basically is just playing her mother but younger.

The season's plot however is just dragging. Unless they pick up the pace they may be in the humiliating position of KIm being the MVP.

by Anonymousreply 117October 27, 2023 7:52 AM

There was supposedly a break to show American Horror Stories, R116. The next episode now isn’t til 2024. I think there may be delay because of the strIke. I won’t be surprised if there’s a reduced number of final episodes hobbled together.

by Anonymousreply 118October 27, 2023 11:39 AM

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I watched the first four episodes of the new season of American Horror Stories which dropped yesterday, and with the exception of Episode 4, they were all very good. He isn't going with his usual stable of actors as much. You'll see someone he's used once or twice before, but not in a meaningful way. The first three episodes are full of actors I've never seen before and they were all very good. Of course, the usual issue with this show is still around- they tank the endings- but the first three episodes are very much worth watching.

Episode four was more in the vein of their usual stupid shit, with a very miscast Raul Castillo.

by Anonymousreply 119October 27, 2023 5:21 PM

Kim K looks like a caricature of a woman. That ass is ridiculous and the exagerrated hour glass is somehow grotesque and I say this as a guy who finds curvy women attractive, not sexually just aesthetically. When I say curvy I don't mean fat either.

by Anonymousreply 120October 27, 2023 5:30 PM

R120 - like I mentioned up thread - she looks like the back half of a horse costume - a mighty Clydesdale to be precise.

by Anonymousreply 121October 27, 2023 8:18 PM

I have to say, though, regarding Kim K, she is NOT the problem with this season. In fact, she's the only thing that half works about it. I wouldn't want to see her do more than this, but she's doing her job.

by Anonymousreply 122October 27, 2023 9:09 PM

I'm watching American Horror Stories right now, R119, and you're spot on about everything. I enjoyed the first three episodes but episode four was awful, particularly Raul Castillo. He was woefully miscast and his acting was embarrassingly bad.

by Anonymousreply 123November 5, 2023 3:09 AM

Matt Czuchry is weak. It doesn't help that the writing for his character is bad. Any woman wouldn't put up with his bullshit and have left him long ago.

by Anonymousreply 124November 5, 2023 3:15 AM

It’s really bad when Kim K is the best thing about your show. Roberts and Czurchy are terrible in everything (he was the only weak spot on The Good Wife), and I don’t give a shit about either character. It’s all just so stupid. Even reliable actors like Julie White and Dennis O’Hare are struggling in this. I’ve watched every episode of AHS, for better or worse, but this is the first season where I really don’t care if I finish it or not.

by Anonymousreply 125November 5, 2023 2:35 PM

What's the deal with this? Is it some kind of break?

by Anonymousreply 126November 10, 2023 9:44 PM

Part 2 starts airing in April

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2024 2:38 PM

Oh ok. It immediately went off the rails of course but at least it was watchable.

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2024 2:41 PM

It's only coming back for 4 episodes. Given the big delay they should just air it as a special two night event and be done with it. But, of course, they're dragging it out for 4 full weeks.

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2024 2:47 PM

R129 the first half was 4 episodes and the second half is 4 episodes. That equals 8 episodes. AHS now does 8 episode seasons.

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2024 2:58 PM

I can't believe they had the nerve to drag that drek out. My husband and I just kind of looked at each other one nice and decided neither of us wanted to watch anymore more of it. It was terrible. His shows always peter out. Everything was just so painfully obvious and not anywhere close to scary. Just terrible, and slow and I cared about no one or what happened to them. And they expect people to return like it's Game of Thrones or something.

by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2024 9:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!