Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gym/Fitness/Jock guys are the biggest bastards with no empathy?

[...]

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2024 3:18 PM

Stupid post

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2023 11:27 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2023 11:30 AM

Not any more so than any other group of guys you'd like mention...techies, nerds, Average Joes.

I workout 5-6 days a week at a gym. There are one or two blockheads I've run across who are narcissistic sphincter muscles, but I've become friends with or friendly with other gym/fitness/jock guys, who demonstrate openness and interest in me. They know that I am gay.

by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2023 11:39 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2023 11:41 AM

OP does not know what "empathy" means.

Fail.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2023 11:59 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2023 12:02 PM

OP You claim other people have no empathy as you post insulting memes?

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2023 12:50 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2023 12:52 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2024 10:14 AM

As long as they parade their fitness in wife-beaters and short shorts for everyone to see, I'm down with them!

Most of them in my gym are pretty aloof, but one or two of them will chat with you (and give you a closer look at they chiseled physiques).

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2024 10:19 AM

DARKGEMINILORD - I am going to affirm your feeling and perception but remind you that it's a universal situation. EVERY scene and milieu has APEX actors and many apex actors can be disengaged with anyone who is not a peer.

Try investment banking. Silicon Valley techbros. Try world class music. Star (commercially and artistically successful) artists. Try modeling. Criminal syndicates. And on and on and on.

Didn't you go to HS or College? What about the lunchtime playground when you were a kid? These types of people are part of life.

Just grow a pair and don't seek any affirmation or courtesy from people who are not going to give it to you.

But I agree, there is no need to be rude and self-involved, but people are.

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2024 10:25 AM

I think OP is on to something, but there needs to be a clear distinction between the camps of gym bros.

1. Gays that workout for ascetics. These are the hot guys we see that may have a cute face but understand that a nice body is currency in our community. They can range from complete asshole to sweethearts. You can't assume based on looks alone. Though, they are at least dedicated to looking fit.

2. Gays that associate with the Cross Fit or Body Builder crew. See part 3 for more.

3. Straight men or any men deep into the Cross Fit or Body Building scene. These guys and MMA fighters share the same conservative undertones. They are the types most likely to be Trump supporters, just because it seems masculine. They hate Democrats cause they closed down the gyms in 2020 or care too much about blaming men, or were forcing the jab (while some of them gleefully take roids or parTy). They love the idea of small business owners, because every CrossFit gym owner always has some Libertarian streak that permeates throughout gym floor. They talk as if Democrats and liberals are going to tax them out of existence, even though they are just a gym user with a normal 401k job (eye roll). These people use their Cross Fit or Body Building community as their social circle, latching on to the established community of assholes. Typically dumb as bricks or book smart with no social awareness. Can't stand em, even if some look good. Their hygiene, compared to the gym queens in group 1, leaves a lot to be desired.

Funny enough, the Orange Theory gays are like the antidote to the CrossFit gays. Both way too much into their fitness culture but one is generally much nicer than the other. Berry's Boot Camp always seemed to like a more moderate version of the Cross Fit environment. Still a turn off. Still a bunch of boys looking for daddy's approval thanks to their muscles.

Cliffs: I've never met a CrossFit or BodyBuilding gay that isn't problematic or fucked up in the head. They are always over compensating and usually desperate to gain approval from their conservative family members. Pass!

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2024 10:55 AM

aesthetics* sorry, typo

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2024 10:56 AM

R9

Well stated. It was worth the 6 month wait for you to come up with that unprompted yet insightful response.

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2024 11:06 AM

You’re just noticing that most jocks are assholes now? Were you homeschooled or something?

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2024 11:21 AM

Dorkmange bumping its own thread and WW its own posts. Pathetic.

Bisexuality is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2024 11:34 AM

It doesn’t make a difference, it just means someone is more likely to be a whore.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2024 12:04 PM

I think the correct heading of this thread should be"Doughy, obese , and effeminate Eldergays that have obliviously given up themselves and join a gym to stare and be preditory towards jocks.". NO one appreciates that type of attention, hence the perceived dismissal.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2024 1:20 PM

Or just stop trying to screw jocks.

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2024 1:37 PM

If you want to have sex with guys who have hot body, then you had better have a hot body yourself.

Or else be willing to pay.

So has it always been, so it will always be.

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2024 2:38 PM

^^^^ that is one of life's certainties, like death and taxes

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2024 2:41 PM

Empathy is a mutually shared emotion. Which emotion are you looking to share with the jocks? What is the problem?

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2024 2:42 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 12:32 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 12:33 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2024 12:36 PM

R12- You talk too much.

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 12:38 PM

Try an empathy experiment. Fall over at the gym and see who, if anyone, comes to help you. Who laughs and who just ignores you.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 12:39 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2024 12:42 PM

Because working out makes people horny. That’s why athletic people are such whores.

by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 12:48 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 30February 11, 2024 12:51 PM

[quote] They actually pursue me and I don't know why.

Neither do I, OP/R28.

by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2024 1:11 PM

Is this OP the same guy who started a thread on why a dude at work continually ignores his eye contact and greetings?

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2024 1:47 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2024 1:55 PM

You have the same issues. Pining over straight dudes who don't find you fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2024 2:41 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2024 2:44 PM

[quote] Straight men are boring and disgusting

That's a bit much, OP/R35.

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2024 3:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!