Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Japan Began Dumping Water from the Fukushima-1 Nuclear Power Plant into The Ocean.

REUTERS August 24 2023.- Japan started releasing treated radioactive water from the wrecked Fukushima nuclear power plant into the Pacific Ocean, a polarizing move that prompted China to announce an immediate blanket ban on all seafood imports from Japan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 6, 2023 7:02 AM

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

by Anonymousreply 1August 24, 2023 12:06 PM

We were paying China for years to take our garbage. Then they would promptly throw it in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 2August 24, 2023 12:09 PM

Make a big deal about Japan while 𝑜ℎ 𝑠𝑜 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒 Canada is the world's leader in nuclear wastewater pollution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 24, 2023 12:41 PM

No one gives a fuck anymore. The world is hopelessly fucked and the people in charge know it.

by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2023 12:55 PM

Well that settles it ! I am telling my domestic assistant LaWanka Brooks-Davis we are no longer buying any products by LaChoy at the Piggly Wiggly!! We shall continue to consume Chef Bor RD products as they are authentically Italian and do not have radioactive particles! Why the other day Mavis Perkins purchased some of that raw fish sushi stuff they sell ! She has a huge cold sore on her upper lip now !

by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2023 1:02 PM

Isn't that how we got Gojira?

by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2023 1:05 PM

They want to do the same thing here at our closed plant in Plymouth, MA.

Thankfully we have a strong (lesbian) governor who is having none of it.

There has been a push recently to rehab the reputation of nuclear power so it will be interesting how well this works out.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2023 1:13 PM

R6 = Mothra

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2023 1:18 PM

US Ambassador to Japan will eat Fukushima fish next week. Eating it just once doesn't show sincerity, eating it often means true love. I suggest that the US increase imports of Fukushima seafood so that more American politicians who support Tokyo can show their great love!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2023 5:36 PM

Sushi anyone???

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2023 5:39 PM

Su su sushi, goodbye

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2023 8:09 PM

It's probably cleaner than ocean water.

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2023 10:31 PM

Fuck those Chick-Fil-A ads. I'm going back to eating beef.

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2023 10:42 PM

China bans all Japanese seafood imports

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2023 11:06 PM

I thought they had been doing this for years

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2023 11:23 PM

How contaminated is the water?

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2023 11:25 PM

I think it had to happen, eventually. The nuclear leak was caused by an earthquake & tsunami. Yes, the storage systems should have been able to handle it. I think the water has been treated well enough. They probably wanted to release it, earlier, but maybe now seems like a good time to announce it.

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2023 11:30 PM

Mr. Weinbeger, Japan is eating a meatball sandwich right out in class, and has been passing notes!

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2023 11:45 PM

[quote]I thought they had been doing this for years

That's because the anti-nuclear hysterics have been screaming for years that they were doing this. Even on DL there's been a bunch of conspiracy theorists over the years talking about the huge coverup connected with Fukushima.

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2023 11:57 PM

They have no choice but to release the water. It is coming in to the reactor through a spring under the plant but it’s cooling the core so it doesn’t continue to melt. The water is being collected in tanks the tanks are all full. It can’t be stopped for many years. The reactor will melt down if they stop the flow. As David Attenborough said we’re no longer in the garden of Eden.

by Anonymousreply 20August 25, 2023 12:07 AM

They should just have been regularly collecting all that water inside of an extremely large and super-dry environment capable of dehydrating all that fluid into one giant concentrated dustball — eg, inside of Madonna’s clamshell.

by Anonymousreply 21August 25, 2023 1:43 AM

Fukushima‘s radioactive water will arrive to Vancouver and California’s coast in 57 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 25, 2023 10:54 AM

I look for wild caught fish from the North Atlantic, and I am resigned now to eating some farm raised, if the farms are well maintained and reputable. Eating farm raised from places like Norway Sweden, Denmark, etc. but not from Chile. I read the farms in Chile are not well maintained, filthy, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 23August 25, 2023 12:27 PM

I believe we have been experiencing a certain level of contamination for years since Chernobyl.

by Anonymousreply 24August 25, 2023 12:28 PM

Obligatory:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2023 12:31 PM

Guess being a pescatarian is a thing of the past for me

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2023 2:10 PM

[quote]Fukushima‘s radioactive water will arrive to Vancouver and California’s coast in 57 days.

This is kind of ridiculous, isn't it? The Pacific Ocean is enormous. Water disperses. The idea that some intact mass of radioactive water will hit California's coast makes no sense. I can (sort of) understand the Chinese being upset, but it would just be hysteria for North America to get upset over this.

by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2023 4:40 PM

[quote] This is kind of ridiculous, isn't it?

How dare you talk sense !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2023 5:13 PM

Many Japanese people have also begun to avoid buying domestic seafood and agricultural products, especially in the surrounding prefectures and cities of Fukushima. 很多日本人民也开始不买国产海鲜和农产品了,特别是福岛周边县市的。 #NuclearContaminatedWater #JapanNuclearWater Record GBA @RecordGBA · 33m 🔺About 50,000 protesters gathered in the capital of SouthKorea on Saturday to demand that the government take steps to prevent what they fear is an impending disaster: Japan's release of contaminated radioactive water from the Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 26, 2023 3:41 PM

Seawater has always been naturally radioactive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 26, 2023 4:17 PM

No more pacific salmon for me.

by Anonymousreply 31August 26, 2023 8:23 PM

Japan Widely Criticized for Selfish, Irresponsible Discharge of Radioactive Water into Ocean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 29, 2023 3:13 AM

A new form of Harakiri....

"Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida and several members of the government publicly ate fish and seafood from the ocean, where purified water is dumped from the Fukushima nuclear power plant."

[quote]Wait until they turn the lights off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 30, 2023 4:56 PM

Glow-in-the-Dark Sushi 🍣 anyone?

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2023 12:13 PM

Fukushima water seems terrifying, but I’m more concerned about the huge influx of Indian shrimp in the American supermarkets. Walmart was filled to the brim with frozen Indian shrimp. Who the hell knows what poison is in those. Always look for Gulf Wild Caught varieties made in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2023 3:33 PM

The Simpsons prediction came true for this, too? The Simpsons predicted Japan PM eating radioactive Fukushima fish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2023 3:45 PM

It’s probably just a good idea to give up seafood I figure. And if I hadn’t already I would give up other meat.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2023 6:43 PM

Not enough vaccinations in the world could get me to eat anything from India.

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2023 8:31 PM

STOP the discharge of ALPS-treated Fukushima wastewater into the sea - Sign the Petition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 3, 2023 5:45 AM

Japan has been releasing it towards China for years.

Do you think that's a mistake or deliberate? ;)

by Anonymousreply 40September 3, 2023 5:48 AM

China is pissed that Japan is releasing nuclear water directly their way!

And nobody trolls the Chinese the way that Japanese do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 3, 2023 6:58 AM

Japan issues warning back to China.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 3, 2023 7:26 AM

Japan may be releasing it towards Russia as well. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 3, 2023 7:44 AM

I don’t understand too much about nuclear waste. Do the people on here who know more about science think is it possible this water is harmless?

by Anonymousreply 44September 3, 2023 6:18 PM

The ocean covers 70 percent of Earth's surface. It contains about 1.35 billion cubic kilometers (324 million cubic miles) of water, which is about 97 percent of all the water on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 45September 3, 2023 6:40 PM

Surfing at Fukushima beach...🤦‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 5, 2023 3:10 AM

He’s hot

by Anonymousreply 47September 5, 2023 3:18 AM

𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐲𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐳𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐞 !'

The Chernobyl Spirit Company is a Social Enterprise producing high quality (and safe!) spirits made from crops harvested near Chernobyl. At least 75% of profits will go to helping rebuild communities in Ukraine impacted first by Chernobyl and now by the war.

Buy our unique 5x distilled Apple Spirit (42% ABV) and first ever small batches of Pear (42% ABV) and Plum (52% ABV) Spirits here.

Goes well with fish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 5, 2023 9:33 AM

Fukushima fish and chips at the Australian embassy.

[quote]If the Oz embassy is sincere about wanting to be convincing, they should allow the Japanese to fill the water tanks at the embassy with the Fukushima waste water for daily drinking purposes

[quote]Cheap Australian propaganda for no reason😂... I bet you that fish probably isn't from Fukushima 😂

[quote]can we get some America politicians to have some Fukushima Fish & Chips also?

[quote]I agree: all politicians worldwide should eat only fish from Fukushima and potatoes from Chernobyl. 🙂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 6, 2023 10:35 PM

New book: Increased cancers in Tokyo&metro area by 600,000 suggests potential link to Fukushima No.1 nuclear fallout. Cases sore by 47 % in 2016~ in Tokyo more than expected trend. & In Fukushima,likely. While,in far west, no such spikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2023 1:39 AM

"Pacific nations 'acting to stay in line with China' over Fukushima wastewater issue"

The release started on 24 August and is expected to last decades.

Several Pacific nations have voiced their concerns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2023 8:14 PM

Stop Dumping Fukushima Nuclear Wastewater. Global Candlelight Vigil. 12 Cities in 7 countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2023 1:20 AM

REUTERS.- Japan started discharging the second batch of treated radioactive water from the wrecked Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant, continuing a move that has caused tension between Japan and China.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 6, 2023 1:09 AM

I was already cautious of eating any seafood from Japan because I understand about 2/3 of their fish come from farms rather that aquaculture. This nuclear water waste means I will never have any Japan sourced fish again.

by Anonymousreply 54October 6, 2023 1:30 AM

I love the Japanese if theyre sending it towards Russia and China. They should bottle it and sell it to them as nutritional water or some garbage.

I guess that qualifies as chemical warfare. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 55October 6, 2023 6:15 AM

[quote] Stop Dumping Fukushima Nuclear Wastewater. Global Candlelight Vigil.

Candles release radioactivity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 6, 2023 7:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!