Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item!- Will Christopher Walken ever speak on what happened to Natalie Wood?

He’s practically at deaths door.

“ Hopefully the long time A/A- list actor will say what he knows about the death of this A list actress before he dies. The actor is close to death and it would be nice to know the real story. I'm guessing they will have some cowbell played at his funeral.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 11, 2024 1:25 AM

According to this article Walken is not ill and certainly not near death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2023 3:09 AM

We will never know.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2023 3:19 AM

We will never know even if Walken said anything. We. Will. Never. Know.

And that is what death is all about. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2023 3:23 AM

Let's pretend we know what happened, Is there any way for Walken to walk away unscathed?

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2023 3:29 AM

It's entirely possible that Walken doesn't know, or doesn't know much. Reports say that Wood and Wagner were fighting that night, and what do most single people do when their hosts are fighting? They make their excuses and clear the area! You leave their house if possible, and if you're stuck there you go to your own room.

So it's entirely possible that all the wild stories are wrong, and that when Natalie Wood went over the side, voluntarily or involuntarily, and maybe Walken was in his room the whole time, with the TV turned up loud to block the sound of all the screaming.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Walken was buttfucking Wagner

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2023 4:02 AM

I think it was clearly a case of MURDER

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2023 4:05 AM

You'd know, Paul.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2023 4:11 AM

She was drunk. She slipped. She fell. It was an accident.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2023 4:17 AM

[quote] But despite Walken's longtime public silence on the matter, Lana [Natalie's sister] told Insider that the actor has spoken with the current detectives working Natalie's reopened case. "He did tell them everything he witnessed and he knows," she said. "However, he made them promise that they would never reveal anything that he has said." Lana, who has worked closely with the LASD detectives working the case, said the investigators didn't even tell her what Walken disclosed in order to honor their agreement.

I don't respect Walken for not just describing what he heard and saw, that night. He is going to his grave with that knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2023 4:22 AM

Schrodinger's cat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2023 8:08 AM

R10. Walken made detectives promise they wouldn't repeat what he said? Did they pinky swear? Lana is a vengeful cunt and unreliable. Her niece gave her an opportunity to speak her peace in the documentary she made about Nat and Lana declined. Time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2023 12:26 PM

I believe he allowed her to drown, maybe out of cruelty , maybe because he was too drunk to fully grasp how much trouble she was in, idk. But I have been reading accounts from the people in nearly boats that evening and there are too many with the same account to dismiss that one or both men were laughter and mocking her while she struggled in the water, saying things such as , " Sure, we will save you." It was said in a slurred voice and mocking tone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2023 12:32 PM

Laughing ^

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2023 12:33 PM

During the original autopsy they said she had bruises all over her body. Later the autopsy was revised and that was removed.

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2023 12:04 AM

Fer Christsakes. They were all wasted. RJ and Natalie got into a fight and she huffed off and got into the dingy—slipped and fell. She called out but drunk RJ thought she was being dramatic. It was an accident. No one killed anyone. Just a fuckec up evening that went terribly wrong.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2023 1:00 AM

The story that went around at the time was that Wood had been having a fling with Walken while they were making “Brainstorm,” but that once Walken was on the yacht, Walken and Wagner sparked and were flirting with each other (and there was a previous story going around Hollywood that what broke up the Wood/Wagner marriage the first time involved Wood discovering Wagner was balling his male valet, an older British gentleman Wood had never liked).

ANYWAY, the story was that all of them were drinking heavily, and Wood became disgusted and went to bed, leaving the two men alone, and she either heard them fucking or walked in on them and that was what caused her to get off the boat in a desperate, drunken panic.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2023 2:54 AM

So basically The White Lotus was a thinly veiled re-telling?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2023 3:18 AM

She was drunk and fell off the boat.

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2023 3:35 AM

he'll say nothing as he has for 4 decades

by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2023 3:44 AM

[quote] I believe he allowed her to drown, maybe out of cruelty , maybe because he was too drunk to fully grasp how much trouble she was in, idk. But I have been reading accounts from the people in nearly boats that evening and there are too many with the same account to dismiss that one or both men were laughter and mocking her while she struggled in the water, saying things such as , " Sure, we will save you." It was said in a slurred voice and mocking tone.

I really don't think Walken saw her in the water and mocked her.

It does appear that Walken and Wood were attracted to each other (they were filming together) and were seen drinking together in a nearby bar. Were they in love? No. It was an on-set, sexual attraction.

Walken soon realized that it was a stupid mistake to come onto the boat with Wood and HER HUSBAND.

Walken witnessed / overheard a blowout fight between the couple (including breaking glass).

Walken went below deck to try to ignore what was going on. He was probably shitfaced drunk and, somehow, managed to lay low, literally, or pass out until morning. By then, of course, it was too late. Natalie Wood was long dead.

SAD.

Walken played with fire and Wood got burned (no pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2023 4:24 AM

Natalie Wood drowned 42 years ago today at 43.

Robert Wagner still lives at 93.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2023 5:56 AM

What's also very weird about the story is that Natalie had a life-long fear of water; specifically dark water. Can't recall, but I also believe she couldn't swim.

Sounds like she had premonitions (in some form) about her death maybe.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2023 6:17 AM

I watched an HBO show this evening (Dead Wives Club?) and her episode was the first. I’ve known about Natalie my whole life and have probably seen every movie of hers so her death was so shocking and sad to me. For some reason, this episode broke my heart. She was failed and was probably so scared at the very end.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2023 6:25 AM

R15

It was the other way around, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2023 6:30 AM

Christopher was doing dances from Baker Street. Natalie was so horrified she threw herself in the water like from a burning building.

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2023 6:33 AM

[quote]r23 Natalie had a life-long fear of water… Sounds like she had premonitions (in some form) about her death maybe.

Wouldn’t that prompt most people TO learn how to swim??

What a ding-a-ling.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2023 7:13 AM

r27 - generally speaking, when people have an overwhelming fear of something, they don't necessarily SEEK to be exposed to that fear unless they are highly motivated to get over it, in which case they will do some form of exposure therapy. But that's not too common.

Think about it: if you have an overwhelming fear of snakes, you're not likely to seek out opportunities to be around them, even if you live in California which is rife with rattlers. Similarly, if you're deathly afraid of flying...you really don't tend to fly unless completely necessary. Heights, dogs, strangers...all the same thing.

When you're afraid of something, it's pretty much the norm to AVOID that thing of which you're afraid.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2023 7:42 AM

R24 , I've heard "old wives tales" about that myself; your biggest fear has something to do with the way you'll die.

In my own family, an aunt was always afraid of not being able to speak and eat. She loved sitting down for a big family meal and talking with everyone. She was also a huge phone gossip, lol. She often told a story about a co-worker of her husband who had a stroke and couldn't speak or swallow and the hospital put him in a room near the kitchen. That story really upset her; the idea of having to smell food and not being able to eat. What happened when she died? She had a stroke, could no longer speak or swallow, and they put her in a room near the employee elevator where they brought the cart full of trays up from the cafeteria! She died two weeks after her stroke.

My maternal grandfather was deaf since was nine years old and had a fear of going blind. He also loved to talk (I think he just loved the sound of his own voice). He, too, had a stroke and lost his ability to speak and lost sight in his right eye. Over the next six years, until his death, he gradually lost sight in his left eye.

I have a fear of car crashes, so I figure that's how I'll go. I know, I know: "self-fulfilling proficy" and all that.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2023 11:12 AM

My mother was terrified of fire. Petrified that our house would go up in flames. She died of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2023 12:33 PM

"proficy"? WTF?! Any other time, spellcheck would catch that. I meant "prophecy" of course. Too early for me.

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2023 1:01 PM

It's probably Wagner who's dying, not Walken, you realize.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2023 1:14 PM

[quote]It's probably Wagner who's dying, not Walken, you realize.

Then why the cowbell reference? What would that have to do with him?

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2023 2:10 PM

IDK what it has to do with Walken.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2023 2:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2023 3:57 PM

R35, Christ, Jimmy Carter looked better on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2023 3:59 PM

R1. I posted link at R35. I don’t know him but he’s just an old man now or ill.

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2023 3:59 PM

R29

Shit - this means I’ll be buried alive.

**shudders**

by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2023 11:18 AM

Christ, I also don’t believe these fools murdered her - neither are powerful or connected enough to have evaded murder charges, for one. Alcohol is a helluva “drug” and I think the explanation R16 gives is probably the closest to what happened. There’s endless horror stories about accidental deaths at college frat parties or spring break vacations along these lines, but foul play is the most plausible here because…these people are famous?

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2023 11:26 AM

Fear of dying a certain way could also mean the way one died in a past life. I have a horrendous fear of water. I tried several times to learn to swim and couldn't. I can't even float. When I was 12/13 years old I read every book in our library about shipwrecks and swear I died in one of them.

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2023 11:37 AM

The night of the day Natalie died is the first time I heard "What kind of Wood doesn't float?" told onstage by Melaine Mignon at the El Goya Bar in Tampa.

Good jokes travel fast.

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2023 11:37 AM

R40 = Shirley Maclaine

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2023 11:43 AM

Drunk people fall off boats and drown. It’s a story as old as boats and drunks.

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2023 12:25 PM

Aye Aye Aye on these "stories"

At r17:

"ANYWAY, the story was that all of them were drinking heavily, and Wood became disgusted and went to bed, leaving the two men alone, and she either heard them fucking or walked in on them and that was what caused her to get off the boat in a desperate, drunken panic."

Since she died, how do we know that she saw and that it caused her to get in the dinghy?

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2023 12:51 PM

R40 There are no past lives. Stop this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2023 10:22 PM

[quote]Since she died, how do we know that she saw and that it caused her to get in the dinghy?

We don't. All of this is speculation.

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2023 10:48 PM

Walken or Wagner?

It's more likely the BI is about Wagner, isn't it since he's much closer to death than Walken who just finished filming Dune 2.

by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2023 10:59 PM

This case is haunting. I hope the truth comes out one day. RIP Natalie.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2024 5:54 PM

We. Will. Never. Know.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2024 6:00 PM

I believe this blind is about Robert Wagner He's 93.

But he'll never talk.

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2024 6:02 PM

Didn’t Walken appear on SNL not too long ago?

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2024 6:08 PM

R50, Wagner turns 94 on February 10th.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2024 6:53 PM

R44, Natalie never got into the dinghy. If she had, she wouldn’t have drowned. She tried valiantly, numerous scratches from her fingernails were found on the dinghy’s side.

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2024 6:57 PM

[quote] She was drunk. She slipped. She fell. It was an accident.

If that were the case R9 then why did Wagner make up that ridiculous story about Natalie getting into the dinghy in the middle of the night when her fear of dark water was well-known? The only reason to lie is to cover something up and the ship's captain confirmed that Wagner and Wood were fighting on the ship's deck while Walken hid in his room. The captain wrote a book about his experience that night and I think he suspects Wagner for causing Natalie to drown.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2024 7:18 PM

R54, Wagner waited hours before calling for help to try to locate Natalie.

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2024 8:09 PM

I always thought it was the Captain that Natalie was having the affair with, and yes, I also heard that Wagner and Walken were fooling around, whether it was true or not. I heard all that right after it happened. Interesting, though, that I knew the story about her fear of dark water years before she drowned. She talked about it when discussing being filmed in dark water as a child in the movie, THE STAR.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2024 8:22 PM

Miss Wood has not made a film in many years but that is no reason to suspect foul play.

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2024 8:26 PM

Natalie Wood: Death in Dark Water .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2024 9:38 PM

R25, et seq., at the AFI tribute to Bette Davis, Wood recalled playing Bette’s daughter (The Star?). She recalled that there was a scene in which she was supposed to be pushed into the water. Wood stated then that she has/had always been terrified of the water and that Davis stepped in and stopped the action. Wood’s gratitude was evident some 25 years later.

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2024 9:41 PM

R57, Jill, dear . . . You were unforgettable in “The Oscar”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2024 11:28 PM

[quote] I always thought it was the Captain that Natalie was having the affair with, and yes, I also heard that Wagner and Walken were fooling around, whether it was true or not.

I've seen an interview with the boat captain. He was old by that time, so I can't say how he looked when young. But he did not seem attractive. He seemed kind of broken and alcoholic, IIRC.

In short, I don't think he was having an affair with Wood. Walken, yes.

by Anonymousreply 61January 10, 2024 1:14 AM

I didn’t know Walken was AA.

by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2024 8:45 AM

Boat captain could not possibly be having an affair with any of them, he was rough trade, just my two cents.

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2024 6:10 PM

Walken is still considered an A/A- actor??? If so, it's only by dint of the fact that every young actor in Hollywood can imitate his voice. I haven't seen him in a film in years.

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2024 6:14 PM

[quote] by dint of the fact

Thank you — I thought that word was going the way of the dodo.

by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2024 10:22 PM

Strange that someone with such a deathly fear of water would be so attached to her boat.

My feeling is Wagner and Walken were both blackout drunk and don't actually remember much about the night.

by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2024 11:10 PM

[quote]I've seen an interview with the boat captain. He was old by that time, so I can't say how he looked when young.

There's some pics of him when he was younger at R58 link.

by Anonymousreply 67January 11, 2024 1:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!