Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will they try to make another movie of A Chorus Line?

Or at least give us a high-quality full recording of the stage show? I hate that the really bad 80's version is all we have.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2023 8:27 PM

PBS should film a live performance of the show staged by dancers who worked with Bennett on the original before they're all gone.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2023 12:52 PM

Most of the boys are gone, R1. I just want to cry when I think about that. I do hope AI technology will enhance whatever Lincoln Center Library has and the old workshop tapes.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Baayork Lee, the original Connie, is still staging productions all over the world. And, thankfully, a decent amount of the original cast is still with us.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2023 1:12 PM

We're set to co-direct a remake!

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2023 1:43 PM

The cast recording from the Broadway revival in 2006 (or so) is amazing and available to buy

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2023 2:16 PM

As a little gayling, I loved A Chorus Line movie! It was until years later that DL told me to hate it, along with Mame and Hello Dolly.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2023 2:17 PM

Anyone know what has happened with the promised mini seres from Netflix? Never heard that its actually coming out nor that it has been canceled.

The play (or mini series) I’d want to see starts with the taping and then looks at the development of the original play.

I assume most are aware but Every Little Step is a wonderful movie that looks at the casting and tryouts for the Broadway revival.

We just lost the original Val within the near past .

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2023 2:43 PM

No. The show hasn't aged well. Whiney me-decade boomers in the pre-aids era. Who cares what they did for love? The also -ran show Chicago has stood the test of time much better.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2023 2:51 PM

Hamilton salute to Chorus Line and presentation of original cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2023 3:08 PM

I raced home from work to watch this on my VCR. I remember bawling at the cast's reactions. You can see them all barely holding it together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2023 3:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2023 3:43 PM

[quote]Whiney me-decade boomers in the pre-aids era.

Just looked up four people involved in creating A Chorus Line. Their birth years are 1939, 1943, and 1944. Pre-boomer era.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2023 3:58 PM

r10 Elaine!

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2023 4:00 PM

Lizzo IS Cassie!

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2023 4:07 PM

Lizzo would be better singing " Tits and Ass."

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2023 4:13 PM

R15

Dance 10 Looks 3

Considering when it was T&A it was on the way to being cut from the show.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2023 4:45 PM

The lyric, not the song.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2023 4:47 PM

Audiences were rather prudish back then.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2023 6:56 PM

R18

Prudish?

We were not woke and we did not constantly whine that some body said something that triggered us and needed to be banned or canceled..

I am guessing the 70s are just an era you have read about,

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2023 7:01 PM

R19. I remember the 70s very well. My post was meant as a joke referencing the 1977 tour of Chicago which sanitized some language that the producers feared would offend the regions. Substituting TINKLE for PEE and SHOOT for SHIT. Ridiculous but it really happened.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2023 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!