Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Chace Crawford Gay/Bi? (Detailed Post) Thoughts?

No one can say with certainty BUT things that makes me šŸ‘€:

- follows a lot of non-celeb gay men on IG. - 3 confirmed relationship in his entire career, none of which he had chemistry with / seemed pretty disinterested. - His relationship with Rebecca Rittenhouse looked like two besties tryna convince us theyā€™re an item. - Camp Podwall. Need I say more? - Colton Haynes coming out and saying Eric Podwall forced his gay clients (Chace is a client) to stay in the closet + set them up with women/started rumors. - Chace living in Chelsea in the late 2000s (a gay neighborhood) and had a gym membership at Equinox in Chelsea (a very queer-friendly gym. Iykyk) - When he lived in NYC, fans spotted him going into a gay bar called The Cock (more than once) - That one person who claimed they worked out at Equinox and noticed Chace coming by during ā€œpeak cruising hoursā€ and spending a ā€œlong time in the steam roomā€. - A girl who said she worked in the fashion industry in NYC claimed that the rumors about Chace is true and that itā€™s insider knowledge. Basically everyone knows except us, the public. - Sometimes interviews, Chace would say things like ā€œsignificant otherā€, ā€œpartnerā€ or ā€œmeeting peopleā€ rather than ā€œgirlfriendā€ or ā€œmeeting girlsā€. Maybe Iā€™m looking too deep into it? Maybe not. - His parents are extremely white Jesus loving flashy conservatives who care a lot about appearances and image. Probably why heā€™s never coming out.

What do you think? If you have more things to add, please do so.

by Anonymousreply 162August 24, 2023 11:05 PM

Iā€™ve thought about making love to him daily.

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2023 1:00 AM

The cheese is getting old and tough - time for something fresher.

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2023 1:01 AM

Camp Podwall!

Camp Podwall!

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2023 1:04 AM

Enter line returns.

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2023 1:05 AM

[quote] His parents are extremely white

Extremely? Are they albino?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2023 1:07 AM

I want him to enter me

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2023 1:07 AM

R5 funny

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2023 1:12 AM

OP, Chace is nearing 40 and the media hasn't reported any outings ā€“ so to speak ā€“ with him and any other woman since his (very) brief dating history during his "Gossip Girl" days with some Nashville country singer. Living in Chelsea and working out at Equinox isn't proof of anything, especially now that Chelsea is mostly straight, but I was living in NYC when he visited The Cock and I honestly don't think any straight man has ever set foot in there.

Yes, it's an open secret in NYC circles that Chace loves the homosex. And yes, his family back in Texas are all conservative assholes, though that's true for nearly all affluent white Texas suburbanites.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2023 1:12 AM

Get in line, Barack/R1.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2023 1:14 AM

Chase is 40.

In the gay world, he's essential dead.

Also, his hair looks like someone chopped it with a weed wacker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2023 1:17 AM

Carrie Underwood pretty much outed him. They "dated" back in the day, before she got married. She basically said that he was just using her and there was nothing much between them

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2023 1:18 AM

R11 I donā€™t remember her saying that. Only that they broke up over text and both agreed it was working out.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2023 1:20 AM

Chase's brother-in-law (Tony Romo) is a big homosexual too.

I wonder if they're the real couple, and Candace is just a beard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2023 1:24 AM

Chace and fellow homosexual, Aaron Tveit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote]In the gay world, he's essential dead.

Bitch, please. Those of us with *true* beauty retain it forever.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2023 1:32 AM

Your fantasy is not the same as an "open secret."

Although I agree - he's beautiful

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2023 1:35 AM

Idk about yā€™all but itā€™s giving āœØ gay āœØ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2023 1:50 AM

Nice body. I'll give him that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2023 2:04 AM

He's still lovely. I'll give him that.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2023 2:12 AM

Anyone associated with Camp Podwall is inherently suspect. Along with the long-held rumors. My money would be on him being not straight, at the very least.

He still looks great though.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2023 2:41 AM

One of the things that surprised me in Colton's book were the "how to be straight" classes. Now it makes me wonder who else went to those classes.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2023 2:45 AM

[quote] Anyone associated with Camp Podwall is inherently suspect

Colton Haynes

JC Chasez

Chace Crawford

Shawn Pyfrom

Matthew Morrison

All gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2023 2:46 AM

I would like his shitter.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2023 2:47 AM

Chace, Podwall, and Matt Morrison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2023 2:48 AM

What is up with that Podwall guy?

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2023 2:50 AM

I don't like Chace's wigs. His face would look fabulous with a half dome or just serious receding hair, like Jude Law did, before Jude caved and got plugs or whatever is going on.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2023 2:52 AM

[quote]What is up with that Podwall guy?

He's a GenX Henry Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote] What is up with that Podwall guy?

I would imagine nothing good.

He's frequently pictured with A) Twinks and B) Bryan Singer.

JC Chasez is usually in the mix too.

You do the math.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2023 2:56 AM

Bryan Singer? Yikes. I hope Chace and co aren't luring twinks for him

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2023 2:59 AM

And let's not forget the time Chace and JC Chasez were photographed at LAX heading for a weekend rendez-vous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2023 3:10 AM

JC doesn't seem to mind being OUTED, but Chace always looks uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2023 3:11 AM

OP It's always nice to hear from 2007. Any tea on that Clay Aiken dude?

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2023 3:16 AM

[quote] One of the things that surprised me in Colton's book were the "how to be straight" classes. Now it makes me wonder who else went to those classes.

R21 THIS is one of the things that always crosses my mind...how many of these young, gay/bi, closeted actors are sent to these programs to essentially "butch up". Others have spoken about it too, getting voice and movement coaches, personal trainers, acting coaches, etc. to train them to butch up and play straight. Seen it with quite a few of the younger gay actors who were really fem when they started, and then tried to butch up in recent years. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2023 6:10 AM

Can you name one?

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2023 6:24 AM

The New York Observer outing Chace YEARS ago was enough proof for me.

Itā€™s a long article but itā€™s worth the read!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2023 6:50 AM

R33, it's appalling that something like that would still be going on today. Why doesn't the press do more to expose it?

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2023 7:27 AM

Some of these pics are fruity af. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if it turned out heā€™s into dudes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2023 8:07 AM

Does the public actually believe that Matthew Morrison is straight? One of the most serious cases of gayface I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2023 8:25 AM

R38 People will automatically assume a man is straight as long as he has a beautiful woman on his arm. As if bisexuality and closeted gay celebrities donā€™t exist.

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2023 8:33 AM

I donā€™t think heā€™s gay at all! When he was 19 he went out with Shauna Sands, who was 35 at the time. When he was younger, he liked older women, blondes specifically. He also had a massive crush on Elizabeth Hurley when she came on Gossip Girl, another older women.

Link to a video of him and Shauna Sands. You can tell they were into each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2023 12:54 PM

He's pretty good on The Boys.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2023 3:07 PM

[quote]I donā€™t think heā€™s gay at all! When he was 19 he went out with Shauna Sands, who was 35 at the time. When he was younger, he liked older women, blondes specifically. He also had a massive crush on Elizabeth Hurley when she came on Gossip Girl, another older women.

A post only a frau could write.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2023 4:01 PM

R40 Shauna Sands! Well, he MUST be straight then. Perhaps, he actually just liked to borrow her exquisite lucite heels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2023 5:28 PM

I've always found the rumors about Chace pretty believable. His social media interactions with his current costars read "accepted as one of the girls" to me.

I'm skeptical about Morrison though. He started out doing white boy rap full of enough cringe to empty the Foldom Street Fair. Before [italic]Glee[/italic] he was making his living in the NYC theatre scene and doing the Humpty Dance at Broadway Baresā€”very little motivation to hide in the closet in that situation. And wasn't he fired as the judge on some TV reality competition after it came to light he was slipping into the DMs of a pretty young (female) contestant?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2023 5:45 PM

R42 Heā€™s not gay. Get over it šŸ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2023 5:57 PM

R44 She said she was his first love and he lost his virginity to her. I donā€™t know what to tell you other than it certainly doesnā€™t make him gay. Bi? Unlikely but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2023 6:02 PM

R43 She said she was his first love and he lost his virginity to her. I donā€™t know what to tell you other than it certainly doesnā€™t make him gay. Bi? Unlikely but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2023 6:04 PM

R44 [quote] I've always found the rumors about Chace pretty believable. His social media interactions with his current costars read "accepted as one of the girls" to me.

Iā€™ve noticed this too! The female cast members are always hyping him up in the comments and are constantly calling him BB GURL. I find it cringey but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2023 6:09 PM

Fold ā€˜em.

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2023 6:16 PM

I wonder if heā€™s dating anyone or if heā€™s just given up on people. If itā€™s the latter, I kind of feel where heā€™s coming from. People are so exhausting nowadays. Nobody is just pleasant and quiet anymore. Even middle aged people these days have to post either their ass or their business all over social media.

by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2023 6:59 PM

R50 Maybe he is but keeping it lowkey? If Iā€™m remembering correctly, the last time he got asked whether he was single or not his answer was that he was having fun and dating around. Which has been his go-to answer his entire career.

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2023 7:33 PM

[quote] If Iā€™m remembering correctly, the last time he got asked whether he was single or not his answer was that he was having fun and dating around. Which has been his go-to answer his entire career.

Because he's gay and closeted. DUH.

What are you, his manager??

by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2023 7:36 PM

R52 And you know this how? Heā€™s as much gay as he is straight at this point. Heā€™s an enigma.

by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2023 7:53 PM

[quote]The New York Observer outing Chace YEARS ago was enough proof for me.

R35, I'd *totally* forgotten about that article! I know this is OT, but all the silliness about Anderson Cooper's years in the glass closet seem all the more ridiculous considering Ronan Farrow didn't even attempt to object when he was first "linked" to Jon Lovett (not long after his initial splash on MSNBC, and long before he moved into more serious reporting at The New Yorker & outing Harvey Weinstein's serial sexual predation). But yes, it's extremely obvious Chace was the subject of the blind-item-esque lede.

[quote]She said she was his first love and he lost his virginity to her.

Gee, how fascinating that *he* never said anything of the sort! And yet it apparently didn't cross your mind that a 35-year-old frau bragging about fucking a guy barely out of high school ā€“ celebrity or not ā€“ is almost certainly bullshit short of it being a supermodel saying it. (And Shauna is *not* that.) You're either ridiculously gullible or a troll, but I'm not sure which.

by Anonymousreply 54August 15, 2023 8:31 PM

R54 [quote] Gee, how fascinating that *he* never said anything of the sort! And yet it apparently didn't cross your mind that a 35-year-old frau bragging about fucking a guy barely out of high school ā€“ celebrity or not ā€“ is almost certainly bullshit short of it being a supermodel saying it. (And Shauna is *not* that.) You're either ridiculously gullible or a troll, but I'm not sure which.

Thereā€™s literally a TMZ video of them holding hands and several pictures of them together. She didnā€™t make it up. Also, weā€™re in agreement that her bragging about taking his virginity is disturbing and creepy as fuck, but it did happen. Although, it does make me question his sexuality the fact that heā€™s had a gf in high school for 3 years but never had sex with her. Maybe societal expectation and pressure made him think getting with a playboy model was something to boast about and perhaps a way to convince people heā€™s straight.

by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2023 8:54 PM

The frauen have certainly invaded this thread. I'm sorry that his being gay hurts your feelings, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 56August 15, 2023 9:38 PM

[quote]Thereā€™s literally a TMZ video of them holding hands and several pictures of them together.

OMFG! They leaked a video to TMZ *and* pics of holding hands?!? That means he MUST be straight, people! I just know it!!!

by Anonymousreply 57August 15, 2023 10:45 PM

He's so gay.

I don't care what his publicity people and his handlers (posting here on Datalounge) try to say about him.

Chace is GAY.

by Anonymousreply 58August 15, 2023 11:47 PM

R38 Well, if there are people who still in 2023 think that guys like Aaron Rodgers or Shawn Mendes are straight...

by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2023 12:03 AM

His 'situationship' with JC Chasez is the only proof I will ever need that he has practiced homosexuality. Live and let live...

by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2023 12:24 AM

I don't expect anyone here to agree with me, but if Chace is smart he will remain vague about his sexuality. When The Boys is over, he's going to need to book another gig and with his looks he can still pull a series regular role on some network procedural.

Colton thought coming out publicly would solve all of his problems and he quickly learned that his issues weren't about being publicly closeted. If Colton would have remained vague he could have booked a CBS procedural after he was done with Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2023 1:10 AM

Just in case you couldn't understand R61's word salad, he's basically saying STAY IN THE CLOSET.

Don't tell people you're gay.

Keep hiding.

Fake it if you have to.

Because it's all about money and getting jobs. Screw integrity, forget honesty, and don't be true to yourself.

That's the message from R61.

by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2023 1:14 AM

R55 "Thereā€™s literally a TMZ video"

Literally, a video, huh?

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2023 1:15 AM

[quote] how many of these young, gay/bi, closeted actors are sent to these programs to essentially "butch up". Others have spoken about it too, getting voice and movement coaches, personal trainers, acting coaches, etc. to train them to butch up and play straight.

R33 Iā€™m fairly certain Chace has gotten trained the same way Colton Haynes has. Have you seen him in his first ever acting project? I think it was a movie called Long Lost Son. I donā€™t wanna reinforce stereotypes but the way he spoke, his walk, mannerisms? gay, gay, and gay. Even in GG, you see him acting more butch as the seasons go on. Itā€™s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2023 1:16 AM

He was on The Golden Girls?

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2023 1:17 AM

R62 Theyā€™re not wrong though. If an actor chooses to live their truth more power to them, but thereā€™s nothing wrong with prioritizing their careers over coming out to the world. Most of these closeted cases are already out to their families/friends, itā€™s not like theyā€™re hiding. As much as Iā€™d like to see more out and proud celebrities, he public doesnā€™t need to know.

by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2023 1:22 AM

He hooman public doesnā€™t need to know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2023 1:32 AM

R66 "live their truth"

Oh, brother

by Anonymousreply 68August 16, 2023 1:39 AM

He plays golf - do gay men play golf?

by Anonymousreply 69August 16, 2023 1:42 AM

R69 He was in the golf team in HS because he wasnā€™t cutting it on the football field. His dad made him make the switch and heā€™s played ever since. In professional golf, out gay golfers are practically non-existent but itā€™s a sport thatā€™s both played and enjoyed by many gay men.

by Anonymousreply 70August 16, 2023 2:06 AM

R69 He sure makes it look gay dancing to Benito

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 16, 2023 2:21 AM

He made his career by being pretty, and now he can't pass for 22 with makeup anymore - so he's done.

by Anonymousreply 72August 16, 2023 2:24 AM

He's beautiful but I seriously don't get a gay vibe.

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2023 2:44 AM

For some reason I just remembered him saying he turned down an offer from an agent who scouted him at the gym to become a Chippendales dancer. Think his dancing wouldā€™ve been as stiff as his acting, but heā€™s not bad to look at.

by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2023 3:02 AM

[quote]He's beautiful but I seriously don't get a gay vibe.

Well, that settles that.

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2023 3:10 AM

Lucky him. Pretty twink turns into hunky thick 40yo.

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2023 3:15 AM

R75 Dumbass - No one said it settled it at all. The thread title specifically says "Thoughts?"

by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2023 3:26 AM

R73 Iā€™ve never gotten a gay vibe from him until I met him last year at SXSW, and I couldnā€™t even tell you why exactly. Just his aura caused my gaydar to go off.

by Anonymousreply 78August 16, 2023 3:43 AM

Heā€™s still hot so heā€™s gay. Once he gets old and ugly then hetero is the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 79August 16, 2023 3:52 AM

Yes, because being gay is a choice, dumbass at R79.

by Anonymousreply 80August 16, 2023 8:48 AM

[quote] itā€™s not like theyā€™re hiding

Actually R66, that's exactly what they're doing.

Hiding.

In the closet.

by Anonymousreply 81August 16, 2023 9:23 AM

On balance I'm gonna say yes.

by Anonymousreply 82August 16, 2023 9:38 AM

Shauna Sands sounds like she's spinning a bullshit story to cover Chace. Did Chace admit to any of this?

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2023 9:56 AM

R83 He didnā€™t but who in their right mind would admit to losing their virginity to Shauna Sand of all people. Plus, this was before he was famous. He was a college freshman then. I guess the only thing we have as proof is that video someone linked in this thread. Sheā€™s probably the reason he went the other way.

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2023 10:52 AM

R80 is so cute for thinking R79 is being serious.

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2023 11:27 AM

R81 Exactly. But to the new kids, it's no longer "hiding"...it's "privacy", and being "low-key"... LOL!

by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2023 11:50 AM

ā€œLol!ā€

by Anonymousreply 87August 16, 2023 12:34 PM

It's just like with Colton. You don't get this much "gay" speculation following you for so long without something substantive. Maybe he's not gay but he has definitely been involved in same-sex shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 88August 16, 2023 1:41 PM

[quote] It's just like with Colton. You don't get this much "gay" speculation following you for so long without something substantive. Maybe he's not gay but he has definitely been involved in same-sex shenanigans.

This! Ed Westwick had the same gay rumors when speculations about Chaceā€™s sexuality began to arise. Only difference is, no one is questioning Edā€™s sexuality anymore, they died down very quickly. Thereā€™s a reason the gay rumors still follow Chace to this day. Thereā€™s definitely something there.

by Anonymousreply 89August 16, 2023 4:01 PM

[quote] Maybe he's not gay but he has definitely been involved in same-sex shenanigans.

Well "same sex shenanigans" makes him kinda gay.

by Anonymousreply 90August 16, 2023 4:09 PM

R90 Maybe heā€™s bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 91August 16, 2023 5:24 PM

[quote]Maybe heā€™s bisexual?

And maybe he's as gay as an Ungaro frock.

by Anonymousreply 92August 16, 2023 9:01 PM

Notorious pussyhound. Big Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 93August 16, 2023 9:24 PM

Is water wet?

by Anonymousreply 94August 16, 2023 9:32 PM

But wait wasn't JC Chavez supposed to br engaged or married now?

by Anonymousreply 95August 16, 2023 10:22 PM

Did JC blow Lou Pearlman?

by Anonymousreply 96August 16, 2023 11:49 PM

[quote] But wait wasn't JC Chavez supposed to br engaged or married now?

Has that ever really made a difference... ;)

by Anonymousreply 97August 16, 2023 11:58 PM

[quote] But wait wasn't JC Chavez supposed to br engaged or married now?

Oh please, Mary.

JC CHASEZ (not Chavez, R95) isn't even pretending to be straight any more. At least in private.

It is interesting though, that he hasn't come out publicly. Even though his band mate Lance Bass is out and married to a man.

Why does JC even care any more?

People in the know, know that he's gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 17, 2023 1:10 AM

Camp Podwall alumni, Shawn Pyfrom, JC, and Chace Crawford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 17, 2023 1:12 AM

^ Just brahs bein' brahs

No homo!

by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2023 1:13 AM

Were JC and Chace ever a couple?

They have a lot of pictures together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 17, 2023 1:14 AM

No homo, R100?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 17, 2023 1:14 AM

March 04, 2008

[quote] JC Chasez's new 'Gossip Girl' -- Chace Crawford

I first heard about JC Chasez hanging out with Chace Crawford at Elton's shin-dig, I said, 'hmmm.' They looked cozy together. Cute even. And they were at Sir Elton's. Hmmm.... But I'm not one to engage in rumor and innuendo. Okay, that's a lie ... I just didn't feel like posting that day.

Strahan2But now that Towleroad has more pics of the two in Vegas together -- in a post titled Attached at the Hip -- where the two posed for identical pics with none other than Michael Strahan (you know, Dr. Ian Smith's former roommie and rumored fuck-buddy), I thinks its time to grace my space with JC and his hot new Gossip Girl, Chace Crawford. BTW -- JC was always my favorite NSync member. And he looks so happy in these pics. I guess if I was hitting a pretty Gossip Girl, I'd be smiling too.

Here's Chace and the rest of the Gossip Girls in OUT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 17, 2023 1:16 AM

[quote] Notorious pussyhound. Big Trump supporter.

R93, both statements are wrong!

by Anonymousreply 104August 17, 2023 5:42 AM

^^ That's a running DL gag, R104. It's been around for so long, it was originally "Notorious pussyhound. Big Bush supporter." ^^

by Anonymousreply 105August 17, 2023 7:53 AM

[quote]I don't expect anyone here to agree with me, but if Chace is smart he will remain vague about his sexuality. When The Boys is over, he's going to need to book another gig and with his looks he can still pull a series regular role on some network procedural.

One of the highest-rated procedurals nowadays is "The Equalizer," starring openly queer Queen Latifah. Despite CBS supposedly having both the oldest network audience and the most "traditionally conservative" one, and the show focusing almost entirely on people of color who are mistreated in some fashion by white assholes, it's been in the Nielsen top 10 since it started.

Also, "9-1-1: Lone Star" is basically an amped up procedural with completely absurd scenarios, but I assume it's stating the obvious that "Tarlos" is one of its biggest draws, and it too remains highly rated because of it.

Point being: being gay or bi is NOT the career killer it used to be, and the reason the likes of Colton Haynes and Matt Bomer haven't gotten much work is because neither is a good actor. (Bomer can't even get much work *despite* being married to one of Hollywood's top agents!)

Finally, Neil Patrick Harris has now been out since 2006, and it hasn't affected his career in the slightest; if anything it *improved* afterwards! He hosted the Tonys four times, the Emmys twice, and even the Oscars (and was the first openly gay man to host them). He's also gotten consistent work, mostly playing straight characters (though he admittedly played the lead in last year's "Uncoupling" series about a gay couple's breakup).

by Anonymousreply 106August 17, 2023 5:07 PM

R106 Youā€™re not wrong but Iā€™ve always felt like Chace was deluded enough to believe that heā€™s capable of bagging ā€œleading manā€ roles. With the success of The Boys, he probably has more incentive to stay buried in the closet. Coming out might not be career suicide in 2023, but it certainly limit your options and the offers you get. Hollywood still hesitate to cast gay men as leads in major movies. If thatā€™s what Chace wants, heā€™s never coming out.

by Anonymousreply 107August 17, 2023 10:05 PM

[quote]Point being: being gay or bi is NOT the career killer it used to be, and the reason the likes of Colton Haynes and Matt Bomer haven't gotten much work is because neither is a good actor. (Bomer can't even get much work *despite* being married to one of Hollywood's top agents!)

If you're a man being gay or bi is not the career killer it used to be but... it is a career limiter the more open you are.

If you're a woman it's way less of an issue. The straights will often overlook it.

And Colton doesn't work because he was difficult and because of his (hopefully former) personal issues. Matt Bomer has worked non-stop for years and his husband does PR. He's not an agent.

[quote]Finally, Neil Patrick Harris has now been out since 2006, and it hasn't affected his career in the slightest; if anything it *improved* afterwards!

He's in the same boat as Jim Parsons. That's where the limiting comes in. They'll work and work and work. They'll do gay projects. One can pull off straight ones. They'll never open a blockbuster film and it's unlikely they'll carry a TV series alone.

Chace Crawford is on a hit series but he's not the star of it and if he were out, he'll likely never get that chance.

by Anonymousreply 108August 17, 2023 10:40 PM

I always thought he enjoyed male attention more than attention from females. Heā€™s always talking about how great it is that he gets recognized by men at the gym now more than fangirls thanks to The Boys.

He might not be a good flirt but he was definitely enjoying this interviewer (who is gay) thirsting over him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 17, 2023 11:39 PM

This interview is almost 15 years old but I remember finding it so interesting when Leighton Meester asked Chace whether he considered himself to be romantic and his answer was: ā€œI wouldnā€™t know. You have to ask my past ex peopleā€ to which he then corrected to ā€œgirlfriendā€ when Leighton laughed at the ā€œpeopleā€ part. I think Iā€™ve ruled out he was straight from that point on. Pretty sure heā€™s either gay or bisexual with a male preference.

Interview Timestamp: 9:45

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 18, 2023 1:10 AM

I have tons of pictures with my cousin.

by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2023 1:15 AM

[quote]Matt Bomer has worked non-stop for years

Da fuck?? He's complained *repeatedly* about being typecast as gay, and Ryan Murphy's cast him in so many things I've at least wondered if the two are fucking! First a guest stint on "Glee" (because OF COURSE), and then "American Horror Story," the Versace miniseries, a lengthy arc on the "Will & Grace" reboot & "The Boys in the Band." Even his character on "Doom Patrol" was gay! (and we rarely saw Matt's face since he was literally invisible)

Aside from that he's had bit parts as guest stars and in microbudgeted indie flicks. I guess that counts as "working," but I think it's safe to say Simon remains the only real source of income in their family.

by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2023 3:44 AM

Poor Jim Parsons! šŸ„¹ Fug and kind of irritating yet made eleventyzillion dollars on a hit series.

by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2023 5:14 AM

I think some of you are missing the point. Being an out gay man is not the career killer that it was once was, but you will have a limited career - even if you have leading man good looks. You're not going to lead an action movie. You're not going to be the romantic lead in a romcom, unless it's a gay romcom written by Billy Eichner or Ryan Murphy. Jim Parsons did well on a sitcom playing a geek, but even he didn't come out publicly until season 4 of that series when the show was already established and a hit.

It really all boils down to what kind of career you want. My guess is Chace Crawford wants to keep rolling the dice a little bit longer.

by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2023 1:09 PM

Once Bomer came out he cranked his demeanor dial from butch and confident to softspoken and passive, and lost most of the muscle he'd packed on to play dudebros. If he's happier being his true self I applaud that, but when casting agents only see you in interviews and public appearances looking like a slender runway model and acting like a genteel Southern lady, they are not going to come calling for action hero and romantic leading man roles.

by Anonymousreply 115August 18, 2023 4:50 PM

Personally, I donā€™t think heā€™s gay or bi. Iā€™m actually quite surprised itā€™s an unpopular opinion to think heā€™s neither. Heā€™s a sports fanatic dudebro, I get no gay vibes from him at all. Just me I guess.

by Anonymousreply 116August 18, 2023 7:48 PM

Sports fanatic dudebros are gay, as well as hella ATHLETES, let's not slip into gay stereotypes. There are plenty of masc HOMOSEXUAL/BISEXUAL men who watch and play sports. If you are referring to femininity that's more gender expression then sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2023 12:15 AM

If you remember Ted Casablancaā€™s blind items on Chace Crawford (I think he gave him the nickname Crescent Kumquat) and you believe thereā€™s some truth to them, then heā€™s 100% bisexual since thatā€™s what the blind items alluded to.

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2023 4:46 PM

R117 OKAY

by Anonymousreply 119August 19, 2023 4:53 PM

Check out the old thread, his involvement with women is bearding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 19, 2023 7:48 PM

[quote]If you remember Ted Casablancaā€™s blind items on Chace Crawford (I think he gave him the nickname Crescent Kumquat) and you believe thereā€™s some truth to them, then heā€™s 100% bisexual since thatā€™s what the blind items alluded to.

Sorry, but Ted killed his rep ā€“ AND his career ā€“ with the Toothy Tile insanity.

by Anonymousreply 121August 19, 2023 11:16 PM

Not really, R121.

Ted made Jake Gyllenhaal (Toothy Tile) famous on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 122August 20, 2023 1:19 AM

What R121 said

by Anonymousreply 123August 20, 2023 1:20 AM

Ted Casablanca (Bruce Bibby) was such a terrible writer that a lot of his items were incomprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 124August 20, 2023 8:38 AM

Some of Ted Casablancaā€™s blind items did come to fruition though. But it couldā€™ve been that he was throwing so much shit on the wall and some of it ended up sticking.

by Anonymousreply 125August 20, 2023 1:01 PM

I donā€™t know why everyone is under the assumption that Chace hasnā€™t been dating anyone or that there are lack of rumors linking him to female celebs. Itā€™s not true at all. Last I heard he was casually dating Anna Ewers (a German model) in 2019. As much as Iā€™d like for him to be gay, I donā€™t think he is. He loves women too much, unfortunately!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 20, 2023 4:10 PM

Chase Crawford, 38, is picky and just hasn't found the right girl to marry. His white-hot career is also keeping too busy to tend to personal relationships right now.

by Anonymousreply 127August 20, 2023 4:36 PM

R127 heā€™s a whore who likes to sleep around.

by Anonymousreply 128August 20, 2023 4:47 PM

I always fantasize about Chase and 50 Cent after they did that movie together.

by Anonymousreply 129August 20, 2023 5:33 PM

He likes blondes. Heā€™s not as attractive as he used to be so Iā€™m not sure why anyone would care about him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 130August 20, 2023 5:34 PM

Fidy.

by Anonymousreply 131August 20, 2023 5:35 PM

[quote]He likes blondes. Heā€™s not as attractive as he used to be so Iā€™m not sure why anyone would care about him anymore.

You mean "He likes blonds," not blondes. "Blondes" refers to women.

by Anonymousreply 132August 20, 2023 6:03 PM

R132 ā€œBlondesā€ is exactly right. Heā€™s your typical heterosexual Texan, not to mention heā€™s a total bore -.-

by Anonymousreply 133August 20, 2023 6:47 PM

R133 is immune to sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 134August 20, 2023 6:55 PM

[quote]Last I heard he was casually dating Anna Ewers (a German model) in 2019.

Last I heard he was LOUDLY getting his ass plowed by a remarkably well-endowed meathead at a Dallas hotel in 2019. (He moved back home after his career went tits-up following "Gossip Girl," until he landed "The Boys" role.)

by Anonymousreply 135August 20, 2023 8:56 PM

R135 Sometimes itā€™s good to be delusional.

by Anonymousreply 136August 20, 2023 9:13 PM

So true, R136. To think he was ever "casually dating" ANYONE with a vagina is the peak of delusionment.

by Anonymousreply 137August 20, 2023 9:22 PM

R137 At least there are receipts in regards to his dating women, but ā€œloudly getting his ass plowedā€? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 138August 20, 2023 10:14 PM

I wanna see Chace get pounded by his brother in law in a steam room only to be "caught" by Troy Aikman who punishes both of them.

by Anonymousreply 139August 20, 2023 10:55 PM

R138 those "receipts" reveal nothing sexually happened and they posed for pap pictures. That's what the dating consisted of.

by Anonymousreply 140August 20, 2023 11:17 PM

R140 Maybe so. However, heā€™s never really given anyone a reason to question his sexuality, and yet everyone seems to know for certain that heā€™s gay. Like, on what basis? Your fantasies arenā€™t the truth. Just move on, dudeā€™s straight.

by Anonymousreply 141August 21, 2023 1:39 AM

You're new around here, his slipups have been noted on Datalounge and other boards ever since Gossip Girl hit the screen You're assumptions aren't the truth. Don't make assertions when you don't know shit.

by Anonymousreply 142August 21, 2023 1:45 AM

^^your

by Anonymousreply 143August 21, 2023 1:46 AM

[quote]Just move on, dudeā€™s straight.

Frau McFrauerson has spoken.

by Anonymousreply 144August 21, 2023 1:46 AM

R142 And what do you know? That he has close male friends that he sometimes spends a little too much time with? Be for real.

Heā€™s 38 and heā€™s been around for a while. If he really was gay, then hanging out with his male friends shouldnā€™t be the only ā€œslip upsā€ he has.

by Anonymousreply 145August 21, 2023 1:53 AM

[quote] Point being: being gay or bi is NOT the career killer it used to be, and the reason the likes of Colton Haynes and Matt Bomer haven't gotten much work is because neither is a good actor. (Bomer can't even get much work *despite* being married to one of Hollywood's top agents!)

HOW DARE YOU?!!! I am a Golden Globe winner!!!!

My fellow Golden Globe winners are among greatest, most mentally stable actors Hollywood has ever known -- Sharon Stone, Jonathon Rhys Meyers, Lady Gaga, James Franco, Sylvester Stallone and Madonna, just to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 146August 21, 2023 2:00 AM

R 145 he's been clocked hooked up with men, making out with men, he's not fucking you frau. LOL. I bet you think John Travolta is straight.

by Anonymousreply 147August 21, 2023 3:21 AM

[quote] he's been clocked hooked up with men, making out with men

R147: ā€œSource? Trust me broā€

All you really have is delusional fans making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 148August 21, 2023 6:26 AM

How do you know that actual gossip is a delusional fan and not people who work in the industry and are on the scene in New York? You assume a helluva lot don't you?

by Anonymousreply 149August 21, 2023 10:24 AM

R149 If youā€™re gullible enough to believe unfounded rumors or gossip then thatā€™s on you. Youā€™re telling me heā€™s been spotted by people (fans or not) so many time hooking up with and every time thereā€™s no picture or any type of evidence to prove it? I call BS.

by Anonymousreply 150August 21, 2023 12:02 PM

We need Detective Latoya on the case!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 21, 2023 3:50 PM

R150, you have 15 years of industry gossip and insider accounts consistently versus you calling bullshit based on lack of photos. The photos we do have show mostly men and no chemistry with the females he's "dating." You don't understand the notion the closet? You're a woman aren't you.

by Anonymousreply 152August 21, 2023 5:29 PM

Wow! Who knew Chace was successful enough that he had to hire a PR agency to assign an intern to a DataLounge thread to squash gay rumors and convince everyone of his heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 153August 21, 2023 7:26 PM

[quote] The photos we do have show mostly men and no chemistry with the females he's "dating."

R152 Photos show him doing nothing more than hanging out with pals. Also, not sure how you could tell if thereā€™s chemistry from a photo. Not everyone is into PDA. Itā€™s hilarious you automatically assume Iā€™m a woman just because I donā€™t agree with something you clearly fantasize about. And R153, youā€™re free to think heā€™s not heterosexual, but itā€™s just how CERTAIN you all are about his being gay that kind of annoys me a little. ā€œPeople say he isā€ is really what you all have. You shouldnā€™t be certain of anything.

by Anonymousreply 154August 21, 2023 9:47 PM

[quote]You shouldnā€™t be certain of anything.

I'm certain that you're an annoying scold, most likely a frau, who's determined to suck the fun out of a silly gossip thread. You must be a joy at parties.

by Anonymousreply 155August 21, 2023 9:55 PM

r154 So glad you've got that job at the PR firm and don't have to live on the dole.

by Anonymousreply 156August 21, 2023 10:09 PM

Chace Crawford takes it up the POOP CHUTE.

THREAD CLOSED!

by Anonymousreply 157August 21, 2023 11:11 PM

R154, where there's smoke, there's fire. You smell like a cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 158August 22, 2023 1:38 AM

[quote]Itā€™s hilarious you automatically assume Iā€™m a woman just because I donā€™t agree with something you clearly fantasize about.

No, we assume you're a woman because only obsessed fangurls continuously insist ā€“ in defiance of LITERALLY ALL of the evidence ā€“ that their "#1 FAVORITE STAR" (always a guy) absolutely *must* be straight. Despite having zero known long-term romantic relationships. And being single at nearly 40. We've seen this same shit for years with similarly obsessed fans of Henry Cavill, Jake Gyllenhaal, and all the other "just haven't found the right woman" "confirmed" bachelors in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 159August 22, 2023 8:24 PM

I donā€™t think heā€™s gay, but heā€™s DEFINITELY bi. I mean I could be wrong, and it is possible that his dating history is just bearding but I remember listening to Beyond the Blinds podcast (Gossip Boys episode) and one of the hosts said she personally knew women who have hooked up with Chace, but she also then proceeded to say that she thinks he has a fluid sexuality and I honestly kind of agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 160August 23, 2023 2:04 PM

[quote]I donā€™t think heā€™s gay, but heā€™s DEFINITELY bi.

Thank you for your insights, Ms. Cleo.

by Anonymousreply 161August 23, 2023 2:15 PM

R161 I hated that huckstering con artist.

by Anonymousreply 162August 24, 2023 11:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!