Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Clarence Thomas fiasco gets MUCH worse

Will this be too much for the GOP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 11, 2024 1:10 AM

[quote]Will this be too much for the GOP?

Bless your heart, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2023 6:55 PM

It’s pretty bad. They will have to answer for this throughout an election year. Is he really worth it?

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2023 6:57 PM

Republicans are OK with corrupt officials as long as they identify as conservative, anything else will have them clutching their pearls.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2023 6:59 PM

He could unzip his body and show he was Satan himself and the GQP would shrug it off. They are soulless, craven, un-American pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2023 7:00 PM

Supreme Court justices are appointed for life. The cold truth is ultimately it doesn't matter what we find.

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2023 7:03 PM

I think this one will disgust the MAGA base as much as the Dems. If they ever hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2023 7:04 PM

Refugs don't care. He stopped the baby killing and he's kind of a bad ass motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2023 7:04 PM

They like him because they view him as an employee (that's the nicest way to put it) and he is doing his job and ruling on cases the way he wants. What he does outside of producing results for them is irrelevant. They will only care if it starts interfering with his results. They did not want him for ethics, judicial, moral or otherwise. They do not care if he follows the law. They care that he decides things the way they want them decided.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2023 7:08 PM

I meant ruling on cases the way "they" want.

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2023 7:08 PM

We should have rules to remove these individuals for unethical behavior. I say individuals because in the real world he would have been stripped. Hopefully we can tar and feather the wife too.

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2023 7:14 PM

He flagrantly exemplifies plutocratic privilege and double standards. Why would Republicans object to that? It's the heart of their ideology. Feature-not-a-bug.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2023 7:18 PM

You are forgetting the plutocrat Republicans are riding the power of the MAGAs. If the MAGAs turn on Thomas, they will care.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2023 7:26 PM

[quoteI]f the MAGAs turn on Thomas, they will care.

MAGAs pay lip service to "draining the swamp" but they don't really care about swampy Republicans. Witness their adoration of swamp-thing Trump.

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2023 7:31 PM

Trump is their God.

Thomas is their . . . I better not say.

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2023 7:32 PM

This guy got more goodies than a David Geffen rentboy

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2023 9:57 PM

The Ginni Pig likes nice things

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2023 10:02 PM

[quote]The Ginni Pig likes nice things

Too bad she can't fit into them.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2023 10:06 PM

Yeah that fat cow likes to be a part of the action. A sort of judge by association, you could say.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2023 10:06 PM

[quote] he's kind of a bad ass motherfucker

The less I have to think about Clarence Thomas's ass the better.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2023 10:09 PM

As I said once before in another Thomas corruption thread: Where the FUCK are the IRS and Virginia state tax authorities? If this asshole didn't disclose these trips, then he sure as hell didn't declare the cash value of them as income on his tax returns either. That's goddamn TAX EVASION. And, I presume he files joint tax returns with his insurrection-loving, seditionist cunt wife.

These two motherfuckers are common thug CRIMINALS. They belong in PRISON. Let's get on with it so Dark Brandon can appoint Anita Hill to so-called "Justice" Thomas' SCOTUS seat.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2023 10:09 PM

It comes full circle.

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2023 10:10 PM

R20, I'm guessing that Thomas supporters would argue the gifts are tax-exempt and not reportable as income by the donee. At most, they might argue the donor would have to file gift-tax returns. I'm not a tax professional, though. I'm just blowing smoke out my ass. Thomas will come out of this with pie on his plate.

Would love love love to see Anita Hill appointed to the S.C.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2023 10:20 PM

He revels in his corruption the way a dog revels in rolling in shit.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2023 10:25 PM

I’m still waiting for him and his cunt wife to die.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2023 12:22 AM

Uncle Clarence Thomas is a disgrace.

I doubt I've ever heard a single black American express pride in this degraded creep.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2023 2:04 AM

[quote] They will have to answer for this throughout an election year

R2 That made me laugh. They don't care.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2023 2:16 AM

He's riding the government gravy train hard.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2023 2:19 AM

It’s true that gifts are not taxable income to the recipient, but are these really gifts? Are they motivated by genuine friendship on the part of all these right wing billionaires, or are they compensation for doing their bidding and staying on the Court even though he wants to make more money?

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2023 3:30 AM

The Justices are bought and sold and OWNED

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2023 5:25 AM

and used like tools

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2023 5:40 AM

You have these guys to thank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2023 6:37 AM

I can’t believe all these white people want this Clarence person hanging around them- without a tree involved of course.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2023 6:46 AM

Did somebody say Oreo?

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2023 6:48 AM

Oreoiest!

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2023 7:15 AM

Double stuffed oreo

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2023 7:28 AM

How can any of his judgments and opinions have any validity in the future?

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2023 9:12 AM

Truth is Clarence is a bit of a pill, but Ginni is HOT.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2023 10:07 AM

Has there ever been a more compromised justice? No one comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2023 11:01 AM

*frantically waving at R38*

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2023 11:08 AM

R22, his supporters can think what they want, but unless Thomas is enrolled with the IRS as a qualified charitable organization, he has to declare it as income.

The irony of Anita Hill being nominated by Biden after what he said to her during the nominating process for Thomas, might make up for the hell she went through. She’s up there in years so she might not want to go through a nomination and get burned by republicans.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2023 11:44 AM

[quote]MAGAs pay lip service to "draining the swamp" but they don't really care about swampy Republicans. Witness their adoration of swamp-thing Trump.

Speaking of the swamp:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2023 12:28 PM

I’ve said it in another threat about him, but Clarence and Ginni have turned me Bolshevik. The flat out arrogance of them, their openly anti-democratic views, their lack of shame. I’ve come to understand that all the rich and the powerful are secretly like the Thomases.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2023 12:46 PM

Not all, R42, but I take your point. Conservatism has basically revealed itself as being for nothing but the right of the rich to get richer at any price.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2023 2:17 PM

Most of the country has still not heard of his corruption. Republicans simply ignore these types of stories. How long was it before it penetrated th eir skulls that Brett Favre was part of a ring ripping off the Mississippi poor?

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2023 2:25 PM

Clarence Thomas is the Republicans ideal Uncle Tom. He will always vote all the right wing extremist ideologies and take their bribes. He can kill babies in his spare time, so long as he votes their way, Republicans just don't care.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2023 6:17 PM

Correction r43–it’s also for the fantasy of making modern America into a white, Christian nation.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2023 9:30 PM

I'd buy him some stuff if he were a white underwear model

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2023 9:33 PM

He knows that if he resigns, all his “friends” will start making him use the servants entrance, if they ever invite him back to their homes.

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2023 10:22 PM

[quote]he were a white underwear model

Him or the underwear?

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2023 10:36 PM

He's not a credit to his race.

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2023 10:49 PM

He ain’t a credit to anyone, r50.

Except those that BOUGHT him.

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2023 1:27 AM

So he’s a debit?

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2023 1:43 PM

R50 Thurgood Marshall was a credit to his race. And all races. I remember seeing framed photos of him in offices, businesses and homes. People were proud of him and looked up to him as a sterling example of a black man who not only was in a high and responsible role, but that he was a good ethical man. None of those qualities belong to Clarence Thomas. Not only is he not a credit to his race, he is a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2023 5:12 PM

He and his wife are both such vile, loathsome people.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2023 6:52 PM

Republicans have not heard anything against him. Literally. THat is the bubble they are in.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2023 6:53 PM

[quote]Would love love love to see Anita Hill appointed to the S.C.

That would be perfect poetic justice. Anita Hill would be an excellent SC Justice.

by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2023 6:54 PM

No she wouldn't. She was dumb enough to work for him in the first place. She has the ethics of Oral Roberts University.

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2023 6:55 PM

Frontline did an episode on him. Apparently, growing up he was tormented by the harsh words of fellow black kids regarding how dark he was and other physical features. He's never gotten over it. He pretty much hates black people.

by Anonymousreply 58August 13, 2023 1:41 AM

I'm willing to bet that he was tormented because he was a truly horrible person, rather than he was a victim of bullying.

by Anonymousreply 59August 13, 2023 2:13 AM

Another Dl thread about this grifter and his wife...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 13, 2023 2:35 AM

A thoroughly awful human being who by twisted circumstance has risen to a position of great power and influence along with several others on the Supreme Court. This was why it was so important to put Democrats in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 61August 13, 2023 2:44 AM

Clarence Thomas is a self-loathing Uncle Tom who will do anything whites tell him to do and Ginni Thomas is just batshit insane.

by Anonymousreply 62August 13, 2023 3:12 AM

Editorial cartoon sums it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 13, 2023 4:24 PM

Has Jack Danforth (St. Jack, as he is known by some in St. Louis) ever expressed regret for supporting him when Clarence's confirmation hearings were going on? Supporting Clarence Thomas was far and away the most vile thing Jack Danforth has ever done.

by Anonymousreply 64August 13, 2023 7:15 PM

R58 he was bullied by WHITE kids too at his mostly white religious school.

by Anonymousreply 65August 13, 2023 7:19 PM

What is the one thing he is known for after his confirmation? His silence. And wasn't he observed sleeping in court?

It would take an impeachment to remove him. A move that should be considered if the Dems take back the house.

The IRS aren't going to go after him.

by Anonymousreply 66August 13, 2023 8:02 PM

There is probably enough for an impeachment trial to proceed. He is a national disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 67August 13, 2023 8:10 PM

If you haven't seen the PBS doc on these two pigs I recommend it but I have to warn you it will make you furious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2023 8:12 PM

Leonard Leo, Trump’s Supreme Court “whisperer,” & his nonprofit network are under investigation by the D.C. Attorney General.

[quote] The Federalist Society co-chair and ex-Trump judicial adviser has utilized nonprofit groups to collect more than $1 billion for conservative causes.

[quote] The probe follows @politico's reporting that the tax-exempt "charitable" group paid his for-profit tens of millions over 2 years, with little indication of what services were rendered.

[quote] The nonprofit had been using a UPS drop box in DC's Georgetown as its mailing address. Paperwork filed in Texas lists the address of another UPS store, this one in a strip mall next to the “Snooty Pig Cafe” Paperwork filed in Virginia lists yet a different address: a virtual office suite in Forth Worth shared by a “Two Men and a Truck” franchise.

[quote] Citing our previous report, a progressive watchdog group had called on the IRS and D.C. AG to investigate whether the groups may be violating their tax-exempt status by “siphoning” assets or income for personal use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 23, 2023 2:10 AM

So corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 70August 23, 2023 2:14 AM

38? When does this bitter cunt have the time to don his robes and take away from us?

by Anonymousreply 71August 23, 2023 2:16 AM

Put an R in front of the reply number so we can read it please R71.

by Anonymousreply 72August 23, 2023 2:33 AM

Leonard Leo - fatty.

by Anonymousreply 73August 23, 2023 7:34 AM

It gets MUCH worse again:

Clarence Thomas has attended at least two Koch donor summits, putting him in the extraordinary position of having helped a political network that has brought multiple cases before the Supreme Court.

Thomas’ involvement in the events is part of a yearslong, personal relationship with the Koch brothers that has remained almost entirely out of public view. It developed over years of trips to the Bohemian Grove, a secretive all-men’s retreat in Northern California. Thomas has been a regular at the Grove for two decades, where he stayed in a small camp with real estate billionaire Harlan Crow and the Kochs, according to records and people who’ve spent time with him there.

“I can’t imagine — it takes my breath away, frankly — that he would go to a Koch network event for donors,” said John E. Jones III, a retired federal judge appointed by President George W. Bush. Jones said that if he had gone to a Koch summit as a district court judge, “I’d have gotten a letter that would’ve commenced a disciplinary proceeding.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 22, 2023 11:15 AM

Hey troll at R31, he was nominated by Republican George H.W. Bush. I think he and his Republican advisors deserve the blame a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 75September 22, 2023 1:22 PM

Fuck that Koch sucking negro bitch!

He needs to have the IRS crawl up him and his cunt wife’s fat asses. NONE of these “gifts” were declared income.

Slap him with a 25% omission and then really dig into his pack of lies. Then his little buddies can PAY to bail his lying, groveling ass out of debt.

by Anonymousreply 76September 22, 2023 6:09 PM

Imagine growing into a man who needs approval so desperately that you have to seek it from people who otherwise want you dead or working in their yard. And imagine marrying this man and looking like a cow and just going along for the ride.

by Anonymousreply 77September 22, 2023 6:12 PM

Againnnnn???

by Anonymousreply 78September 22, 2023 6:20 PM

He is just evil. And his wife is too.

by Anonymousreply 79September 22, 2023 6:31 PM

No Repug will care. Trump has shown that. He should have been eliminated from the Presidential race the first time when he alluded to someone with a gun shooting Hillary. Thomas is despicable. He was so pissed about his hearings he’s sided with the conservative justices on everything just for payback. So will that crybaby drunken preppie.

by Anonymousreply 80September 22, 2023 8:05 PM

Those trips were gifts from his nephews.

by Anonymousreply 81September 23, 2023 1:15 AM

He's been a Justice for over 3 decades- why is this just coming to light?

by Anonymousreply 82September 23, 2023 5:06 AM

R82, Thomas has never been very clean. He’s been involved in concealing income for tax purposes. But this stuff only came out because people inside these billionaire organizations started to talk, and because some things came out during the post Jan. 6 investigations. Everything had been kept secret (for a reason, obviously).

by Anonymousreply 83September 23, 2023 10:28 AM

The Justice needs to resign voluntarily with his little remaining dignity, but if he won't do the right thing, then his fellow Justices with unanimity, should demand he go.

by Anonymousreply 84September 23, 2023 10:36 AM

Meet Ginni the Cow 🐄

by Anonymousreply 85September 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Beside the point, but wtf is that little bowl-cut-wearing documentarian Ken Burns in the picture at R74 doing at a Bohemian Grove event?

by Anonymousreply 86September 23, 2023 12:47 PM

"The Justice needs to resign voluntarily with his little remaining dignity, but if he won't do the right thing, then his fellow Justices with unanimity, should demand he go."

Bwhahahahaha. Do you honestly think Samuel "We are above the law" Alito is ever going to do anything that resembles justice?

by Anonymousreply 87September 23, 2023 12:54 PM

Alito is in for some real pain next year or the year after.

Right now, everyone is looking at Uncle Tom but within the next 18-24 months, Alito is gonna get his time in the barrel and he is NOT gonna be happy.

by Anonymousreply 88September 24, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote]Will this be too much for the GOP?

NOTHING will ever be too much for the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 89September 25, 2023 3:26 AM

Never trust people who grew up very very poor and become very very rich. They are the Devil incarnate.

Those John Birch fucker Kochs bankroll the Federalist society too. Why hasn’t someone destroyed these anti-Democracy fuckers yet.

by Anonymousreply 90September 25, 2023 3:53 AM

As a black man I hate this corrupt Uncle Tom motherfucker with everything I have in me.

by Anonymousreply 91September 25, 2023 6:41 AM

Anita Hill documentary...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2023 12:20 AM

OP nothing is too much for these treasonous cunts. They don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2023 12:22 AM

This is big nothingburger!

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2023 12:35 AM

Why is no one covering this? Are we all just overwhelmed?

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2023 1:02 AM

[quote] Will this be too much for the GOP?

Ha!!! 😂😂😂😂

Rethuglicans have NO shame. None whatsoever. They do not care. There is no bridge too far for them. They might hem and haw but they won’t do anything that would give Joe Biden another Supreme Court seat to fill. Bottom line: they don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2023 1:17 AM

R38 Abe Fortas, LBJ appointment, mid-60's, could have been Chief Justice but was found to have taken money from entities before the count. He fucked around and found out. Short tenure: 4 years. No jail, though.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2023 1:36 AM

R92 Thank you for the Anita Hill documentary link. Ginni Thomas's voicemail after all these years is enough to convince me that the Thomases know they are in deep shit.

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2023 2:55 AM

TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER THEY GO

by Anonymousreply 99October 25, 2023 2:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2023 12:37 PM

[quote] Will this be too much for the GOP?

No.

by Anonymousreply 101October 26, 2023 12:38 PM

Treason doesn’t cover stuff like this but it should.

by Anonymousreply 102October 26, 2023 1:15 PM

Uncle Clarence Thom & the Ginni Pig

by Anonymousreply 103October 26, 2023 1:20 PM

Nothing is too much for the GOO when stacked up against power.

by Anonymousreply 104October 26, 2023 3:05 PM

"He is so corrupt. It's sad."

by Anonymousreply 105October 27, 2023 12:21 AM

R105 rofllllll. Thanks I needed that

by Anonymousreply 106October 27, 2023 12:30 AM

This asshole will probably live forever...

by Anonymousreply 107February 11, 2024 1:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!