Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billy Porter says Hollywood strikes forcing him to sell his home

In an interview with the Evening Standard the “Pose” star said he is having to sell his home because of the ongoing actors’ and writers’ strikes. “And I don’t know when we’re gonna go back (to work). The life of an artist, until you make f***-you money – which I haven’t made yet – is still cheque-to-cheque,” he told the publication.

“I was supposed to be in a new movie, and on a new television show starting in September. None of that is happening.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2023 12:21 AM

Porter referenced a Deadline story which quoted an anonymous Hollywood executive saying, “We’re going to starve them out until they have to sell their apartments,” with the actor telling the Evening Standard, “You’ve already starved me out.”

In London where he helped take his Broadway show, “A Strange Loop,” Porter said he’s been hesitant to talk about the strikes, “because of the s**t that I’ve seen some lay people write about us: ‘Just a bunch of millionaires trying to get more millions.’”

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2023 3:10 PM

Nobody's fault but his own for living above his means with no safety net.

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2023 3:17 PM

Well I for one don't want it. I've seen his taste.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2023 3:19 PM

If Miss Porter is that "fucking broke'" after all these years working, then she to fire her Financial manager!

Stop buying tacky dresses!!

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2023 3:21 PM

"None of that is happening."

Thank God!

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2023 3:33 PM

Maybe he get set up house in one of the many voluminous gowns he owns.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2023 3:40 PM

She has, like, four homes.

One is in Pittsburgh, one in LA somewhere and I think one in London. Girl doesn't know how to manage her money.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2023 3:42 PM

McDonald’s is hiring

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2023 3:44 PM

She's gonna have to go back to working in the boot-making factory. Graveyard shift.

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2023 3:45 PM

She had money to do this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2023 3:47 PM

Gurl, are you on the picket line working?

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2023 3:47 PM

Miss Porter would not attend a picket line unless she could dress to the nines with her Picketing Ensemble and sashay for the cameras.

No cameras? No interest

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2023 3:51 PM

[quote] Stop buying tacky dresses!!

HA!

That was the first thing that crossed my mind.

She needs to spend less on these ridiculous outfits, and start saving more.

Dumb bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2023 3:52 PM

Maybe Meghan Markle will hire Billy to star with her in 'Meet Me at the Lake.'

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2023 4:01 PM

^^ Yeah, especially since they're both black.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2023 4:06 PM

He’s getting divorced and selling a residence is a common thing when a couple splits. Also he’s had issues with money for years, he filed for bankruptcy in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2023 4:21 PM

To R16, did she file bankruptcy before or after Kinky Boots? She should have made a fortune from that.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2023 5:36 PM

Try searching next time, OP. Just five days late to the party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2023 5:48 PM

How much money equals 'fuck you' money in his addled mind? Perhaps he may finally be forced to live within his means, but like everyone else, I seriously doubt that.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2023 5:53 PM

R18 tad bit late lol.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2023 5:56 PM

R18. Get lost. We don't need a hall monitor.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2023 6:12 PM

And how much has he spent on clothes, jewelry, make up and beauty treatments over the past five years? Trash.

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2023 6:18 PM

What are Billy's pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2023 6:22 PM

[quote] What are Billy's pronouns?

Me, me, me, me, me, me, and me.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2023 6:28 PM

R24, great comment BTW

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2023 2:20 AM

Billy Porter seems exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2023 3:48 PM

A friend of mine said he saw him in Sitges earlier this summer. So evidently he had enough saved up to vacation in Europe but not enough to endure 2 weeks of the strike.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2023 7:08 PM

^^Gurl, you just don't know.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2023 12:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!