Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Troy Aikman and His Wife Catherine "Capa" Mooty are Officially Divorced

Football legend Troy Aikman and his ex-wife Catherine "Capa" Mooty are officially divorced, a source confirms to PEOPLE.

The news comes nearly two months after Aikman, 56, was seen in the Italian Riviera with a new girlfriend.

"They were very much into each other," an insider tells PEOPLE of Aikman and his new flame, who were walking around Capri, Italy, with their arms around each other on June 9. "They were dressed casually in workout clothes, and trying to avoid the crowds, but they were definitely happy and enjoying each other's company."

Aikman and Mooty — who is the co-owner of Luxeliner, a mobile shopping service — got married in 2017. The football legend proposed after a year of dating during a vacation in Lake Como, Italy.

“June 2, 2017 – A special day as I proposed to the love of my life,” the Fox lead NFL game analyst said at the time.

Prior to marrying Mooty, Aikman was wed to former Cowboys publicist Rhonda Worthey, with whom he shares two daughters: Alexa Marie, 21, and Jordan Ashley, 22. Mooty has two sons from a previous relationship.

A second source tells PEOPLE that the split hasn't affected their relationship with each other's children. "They're still close with each other's kids," the source says.

Last year, the former quarterback opened up to PEOPLE about the launch of his low-calorie, low-carb beer called EIGHT, named for his former jersey number.

"Health and wellness are something that's really important to me, and so I'm very meticulous about what I put in my body," he told PEOPLE. "I wanted to make a beer that didn't compromise all of the hard work and effort that was put in during the week."

He added, "It took some time to just get it right. It's not an easy beer to make. I didn't realize that this category is one of the toughest to brew, but I'm real proud of the end result."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2024 7:16 PM

[quote] The news comes nearly two months after Aikman, 56, was seen in the Italian Riviera with a new girlfriend.

I thought you all said he was a closeted gay?

The divorce makes sense, but now the "new girlfriend" part.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2023 2:23 AM

I never believed the gay stories, R1. Also, Capa is a shitty nickname.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2023 2:33 AM

Notorious pussyhound. Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2023 2:49 AM

[quote]"They were very much into each other,"

Yeah, sure they were.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2023 2:52 AM

He's the football equivalent off Charlie Sheen

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2023 3:01 AM

How so, R5?

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2023 3:06 AM

It's funny. Both him and Brady Anderson did the same thing. They both kept barely legal boys as lovers near them. Paying their rent and all their college expenses for years. Pretty much everyone in Dallas knew about Troy. In football country though, if you are the star quaterback, you get away with everything.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2023 3:06 AM

I have posted this but I knew a guy who dated Troy in the 90s. (Not the guy r7 mentioned, this guy wasn't a barely legal college student)

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2023 6:06 PM

When they were young Brady and Troy would have had beautiful ass babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2023 2:41 AM

Wait a sec R9, is the guy in your photo supposed to be gay???

What's the gossip on him?

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2023 2:51 AM

I sent them a lovely fondue set even though I hadn't been invited to the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2023 2:55 AM

Not only is "Capa" ugly, but "Mooty" is equally so. "What's your name?" "Capa Mooty".

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2023 2:58 AM

Brady Anderson is so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2023 3:08 AM

Brady is definitely gay, though.

His "girlfriend" is the proof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2023 3:09 AM

Y. U. M.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2023 3:12 AM

Supposedly he had a thing with a Republican mayor of Raleigh back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2023 4:45 AM

Did she catch him sucking dick again?

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2023 4:49 AM

Has Lorrie Morgan, histories most prolific beard, commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2023 1:15 AM

For whatever his inclinations, Aikman's been a pretty savvy businessman since his retirement - he's remained fit, expanded his brand & he seems like more of a Bush repig rather than a Trumper. Whatever the case, he's kept his mouth shut & hasn't said anything profoundly stupid. So I'm kind of surprised he's racked up yet another ex wife - no big sin - but his kids are grown, he lives like a king so you think he'd just be content with a rented sidepiece.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2024 2:25 PM

Has Matt Damon commented?

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2024 2:45 PM

Man, has he aged like milk. Like Matt Damon, his generous features have become saggy and jowly.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2024 3:00 PM

Aging out R19

Cary Grant married three times

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2024 3:03 PM

Miss Grant married "5" times.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2024 3:36 PM

Miss Aikman, I told her not to remarry years ago. At least there were no children with the 2nd beard (wife).

The 1st divorce destroyed my financial plan(retirement) I set up for Miss Aikman in the 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2024 3:44 PM

I love it when photos tell the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2024 5:16 PM

Haven't the opposite team's cried "HE'S A FAG! " since 3rd grade?

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2024 5:54 PM

Actually they cried 'HE'S AN INCESTUOUS PEDO!"

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2024 5:56 PM

I actually think he looks quite good for his age. I'll be he's had work done, but it's subtle - he doesn't have that waxy look that overdone men get. He's always had that big cornfed boy look about him (not that it's a bad thing..), but he always looks sharp. As an announcer, he started out pretty dull & monotone, but morphed into a guy with some (reasonably intelligent) opinions without being obnoxious & showy about him. He really is the template for a smart post-NFL life, which make his silly sidepiece stunts seem out of character. But maybe he really does just love the attention.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2024 6:04 PM

Troy is the "Retired Football player version of Ryan Semenquest". Every 2 years there is a breakup from the beard, then within 8 months, there is a "new beard".

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2024 6:18 PM

[quote] Like Matt Damon, his generous features have become saggy and jowly.

What are Troy’s and Matt’s respective generous features?

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2024 7:02 PM

Their lips and eyes r30.

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2024 7:05 PM

R24 if you live in Philly why would you be a lawyer for a Texas footballer?

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2024 7:06 PM

Reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2024 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!