Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bahamas police accidentally uncover plot by Georgia woman to kill her husband

A Georgia woman, her lover and another man were arrested in the Bahamas for an alleged plot to kill her estranged husband, former Auburn University football player Robert Shiver, according to a Friday report.

Bahamian prosecutors named Lindsay Shiver, 36, her alleged lover, 28-year-old Terrance Bethel, and Faron Newbold, 29, in the alleged plot to kill Shiver’s husband.

Per the Bahamas Court News, police officers uncovered a plot to kill the former Auburn player while investigating a break-in at Grabbers Bar and Grill restaurant on Great Guana Cay.

Investigators came across WhatsApp messages that detailed the alleged assassination plan while searching the suspects’ phones, according to the outlet.

Shiver, Bethel and Newbold appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate Roberto Reckley on Friday. They are due back in court on Oct. 5.

According to the Thomasville Times-Enterprise, a Georgia newspaper, Shiver met her alleged lover near the house she owned with Robert Shiver, who is reported to have filed for divorce after finding out about the alleged affair.

It was not immediately clear if the defendants have retained attorneys who could speak on their behalf.

Robert Shiver played for Auburn as a deep snapper between 2006 and 2008.

In a 2020 Instagram post, Shiver shared her thoughts on the key to a "perfect marriage."

"The key to a perfect marriage, is having two imperfect people, who refuse to give up on each other," reads a caption alongside a photo of her 2007 wedding.

"So thankful for that fitness class 13 years ago that brought us together and all of the love, laughter, and life we have created ever since! I love you babe," she wrote. "Cheers to many more."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2023 6:40 PM

These online sleuths amaze me.

How in the hell are they able to get footage from the arrest in the Bahamas???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2023 2:17 AM

He's fat. Link from the appropriate Heavy.com.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2023 2:18 AM

It's pretty damned cold that she could so easily kill the father of her three kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2023 2:18 AM

A better thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2023 2:22 AM

What a bunch of idiots. They exchanged texts about the murder plot?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2023 2:36 AM

Thanks R4, thought I heard about it already.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2023 3:52 AM

Who are the Fucking psychos who actually have the Chutzpah to say to themselves, "Well, shit. They found out about my affair- guess the only way out now's to pay a hired hitman to kill them!"

No mediation? Or plain ole' fashioned Divorce?

L-A-Z-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2023 4:08 AM

The mein fuhrer at r4 doesn’t give the correct link.

Oh dear, mein fuhrer!

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2023 4:50 AM

FYI, I am one of the prolific Mein Fuhrer posters, and that is not me at R4. However, I do admit I’ve messed up links several times in my Mein Fuhrer career.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2023 5:06 AM

God, how fucking awful. Destroyed her family's lives.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2023 5:55 AM

R3, she has a hard look to her face. Her husband seems mild, like he just goes with the flow.

Her family and friends are already putting out bullshit stories that she's "sick". She is not mentally ill. She angry & she was out for revenge and all his money

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2023 8:51 AM

[quote] Her family and friends are already putting out bullshit stories that she's "sick".

They need to watch the video at R1.

She looks fine, and actually proud of what she did.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2023 8:54 AM

I wonder if she was banging both of the sweaty Black island dudes, or just one of them.

Picture it!

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2023 12:08 PM

I can't believe she planned to kill her husband and leave him for this guy, Adrien Bethel.

He's not even good looking!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2023 5:01 AM

[quote] Georgia housewife charged with plotting husband's murder calls life 'tough'

A Georgia housewife who is charged with conspiring with her Bahamian lover to try to snuff out her wealthy insurance executive husband said it's been difficult since she was arrested for the alleged plot.

"It's been really tough," Lindsay Shiver, 36, who was wearing an ankle monitor, told the New York Post after checking in at a local police station in Nassau, Bahamas. "It's been hard. But I can't speak about it."

She was released Wednesday on $100,000 bail after spending 19 days in the notorious Fox Hill prison in Nassau.

The mother of three, her boyfriend, Adrien Bethel, 28, and suspected hit man Faron Newbold Jr., 29, are charged with scheming to kill her husband, Robert Shiver, 38.

Bethel and Newbold were each released on $20,000 bail and must also wear GPS tracking devices.

The Shivers, who are locked in an acrimonious divorce and custody battle over their boys, share a vacation home in the Bahamas.

As a condition of her bail, the former beauty queen has to check in with authorities three times a week.

Lindsay, wearing a Nike hat, gray hoodie and exercise pants, nodded affirmatively when asked if the case against her has been overblown, according to the Post.

"I really can't say too much right now," she added before climbing into her Kia sedan.

As part of her bond package, she can't leave the Bahamas or her leased apartment from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.

The alleged plot came to light when police investigated a break-in at Grabbers Bar and Grill on Great Guana Cay, where Bethel worked, and uncovered incriminating messages on a suspect's phone.

Before the trio was arrested, Robert Shiver, a former Auburn University football player, confronted Bethel after hiring a private investigator to track his wife's movements, the Post reported.

"Thanks for taking care of my wife," Robert Shiver allegedly told Bethel after the PI snapped photos of the lovers at several different locations.

Robert Shiver filed for divorce on April 5 on grounds of "adulterous conduct." Lindsay Shiver responded by accusing her husband of physical and emotional abuse and demanding sole custody, alimony and child support.

They are squabbling over their $2.5 million mansion in Thomasville, Georgia, use of their private jet and other assets.

On the same day that Lindsay Shiver allegedly sent her Bahamian beau a text that said, "Kill him," she called 911 on her husband at their Georgia home, according to police body camera footage posted to YouTube.

The pair got into a fight on July 16 over who got to use the private jet to fly to the Bahamas. Lindsay Shiver had a getaway planned with her boyfriend while Robert was taking their three boys to their vacation home.

Lindsay Shiver told police that he barred her from using the plane, then pushed her out of the way to retrieve the kids' bags. He denied touching her.

She was arrested five days later in the Bahamas for the alleged murder-for-hire scheme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2023 5:38 AM

Is she related to Alex Murdaugh by chance?

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2023 6:10 AM

How messed up must her marriage have been for her to get serious with a swarthy local outside her vacation home?

Banging the gardener one time makes sense. But a lasting relationship? With some guy who grew up in extreme poverty on those islands? And plotting to kill her husband to be with this local? Too much, and too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2023 3:05 PM

Exactly, R17.

And she had a great life.

Three kids, multi-million dollar home, access to a private jet.

Then she threw it all away.

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2023 3:32 PM

I am an avid Court TV watcher; R14's photo is not Adrian Bethel - it's 29 y/o Faron Newbold. He's the guy they approached to do the hit on the husband and evidently refused. The boyfriend, Adrian Bethel is 28 (she's36) and worked as a bartender at "Grabbers" beach bar. Trying to finda decent photo of him - he looks like your basic dude bro, nothing special.

Her family - not the husband - coughed up the $100K bail, and she has leased someplace on the island to stay while awaiting trial. Has to be in by 8 pm and cannot have any contact with loverboy. She was dumb enough to text him a photo of the husband with the caption KILL HIM. Speculation is that Newbold will get off since he (allegedly) refused to have anything to do with this plot. Court TV calls him "Dreamy Eyes."

If she's convicted, she will have to do her time in the Bahamas' notorious Fox Hill prison, reputed to be one of the most hideous prisons around - she's already done a few nights there were she bonded out.

She's a moron; she will bankrupt her family, never lay eyes on her three little boys again, face a long and expensive extradition battle to get out of that hell hole prison, face staggering legal bills, and all because she was dickmatized by some bartender.

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2023 4:08 PM

Is this Adrien Bethel, R19?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2023 4:11 PM

Yes, that's him. Here's a fellow Fox Hill inmate, the crypto guy Sam Banjman-Fried. Moral: don't go to prison in Nassau unless you enjoy hauling buckets of shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2023 4:14 PM

Christ, look at the arms on her! She could have easily snapped his neck.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2023 6:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!