Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melba Moore - Burn (1979)

I love this eurodisco/funk/rock gem of an album that came out in September of 1979 on Epic Records. Produced by Giorgio Moroder associate, Pete Bellote, and includes Moroder’s regular Munich Machine group of writers and players. The music is reminiscent of Donna Summer’s Bad Girls album which came out earlier in the year. The album cover features a spread by legendary fashion photographer, Richard Avedon. It strangely wasn’t a hit album for Miss Moore but it’ should have. The tracks Burn, If You Believe in Love, Hot and Tasty, Miss Thing and Night People are my faves ❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2024 8:39 PM

Don’t you dumb bitches like MM?

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2023 10:44 PM

Let’s all listen to some Melba tonight

BURN BURN BURN 🔥

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2024 9:41 PM

R2 Careful, you might need up with Melba Toast.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2024 9:45 PM

I saw her perform at the SF Fairmont Hotel Red Room about 30 years ago. Great show, Roger Daltrey and Billy Idol were in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2024 9:46 PM

I love me some Miss Moore!

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2024 9:56 PM

I love Melba more read my lips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2024 8:52 PM

I love

Under Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2024 9:59 PM

That song is terrible, OP

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2024 12:32 AM

Melba Moore was the first singer who ever made the hair on the back of my neck stand up - singing "I Got Love" in Purlie. I'll never forget it. So great. And before you all go off on what a boomer I am- yes, I saw Purlie on Broadway in 1970 but it was a field trip from junior high. I got to sit there and ooh and aw over Cleavon Little. It was awesome. I still have my program. Yes I love me some Melba Moore.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2024 3:49 AM

Love & Kisses is playing now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2024 12:40 PM

Classic Melba...

You Stepped Into My Life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2024 12:42 PM

From Burn. You can hear Giorgio Moroder camp's production touch all over this. It's irresistible and the hook will hook ya.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2024 12:44 PM

great vocalist who seems forced into a genre (disco) that doesn't showcase her unique voice and range. Even for disco, these tracks seem thin, almost under produced.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2024 2:14 PM

Alright, this is it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2024 3:27 PM

[Quote] these tracks seem thin, almost under produced. R13 I disagree

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2024 8:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!