Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Humorless Tina Fey being groomed to takeover SNL from Lorne Michaels

This should be the final nail in the coffin for the POS show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2023 2:23 AM

Certainly can't get any worse than it is

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2023 7:08 PM

She sucked his cock, right? She’s always got lots of perks and privileges.

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2023 7:11 PM

She'd be interesting. Her strength seems to be character and absurdity in longer form. Not sure what she'd do with sketch.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2023 7:12 PM

I'm surprised that she wants the job.

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2023 7:14 PM

I mean, who else could do it? Or would want to do it?

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2023 7:15 PM

Yeah, my feelings too, r1. Maybe she might make it better, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2023 7:16 PM

He's 78. God, these old people, clinging.

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Anyone is better than him. SNL has been putrid for years. Michaels should have retired 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2023 8:02 PM

SNL hasn't been funny since she quit as head writer. Maybe she'll contribute to the writing or, at least, find some better folks than the Harvard frat bros currently writing and the nepo babies of Please Don't Destroy.

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2023 8:07 PM

Tina is a backstabbing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2023 8:10 PM

Before all of his drug problems I thought John Mulaney was being considered

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2023 8:17 PM

The conventional wisdom had been that Seth Meyers would be the heir apparent.

But I could buy this.

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2023 8:20 PM

She gets a pass from me for “Stop trying to make “fetch” happen.”

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2023 8:20 PM

Can we just cancel this dying beast, please? Find a funnier format. It's played out.

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2023 8:25 PM

I was indifferent to her until she came scampering out to help with damage control after Tracy Moron Morgan said all that homophobic shit in his standup act.

Step back, bitch. Just because he stars on your overrated show doesn't mean you get to shield him from criticism.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2023 8:29 PM

Homophobic CUNT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2023 8:33 PM

Why does DL hate her? 30 Rock was one of the funniest shows of all time.

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2023 8:40 PM

I agree, r17. I am indifferent to Tina Fey and don't give a shit what's she's like as a person, but 30 Rock was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2023 8:40 PM

R18 I'm R17. Agree! I have zero idea what she's like as a person other than she's married to a little guy with a beard. I never even watched her on SNL. And didn't find her particularly funny on 30 Rock but everyone else was hilarious and she created the show and Mean Girls, too, which is a DL favorite. So, don't understand why DL rails on her.

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2023 8:44 PM

She’s an annoying Frau. She’s a holier-than-thou vibe too.

by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2023 8:49 PM

People have been calling SNL unfunny and asking for its cancellation for decades… just don’t watch something you don’t care for.

There are plenty of things I don’t enjoy or understand the appeal of, but I’m happy they exist for others.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2023 9:09 PM

"She's an annoying frau." That says it all. Just brainless misogyny. Another DL tradition.

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2023 9:41 PM

I do think there are questions about the franchise’s viability.

Remember that late night shows are in serious decline. The Tonight Show (and competitors) gets a shockingly small number and has little relevance to folks under 50.

We don’t know what formats are going to make sense in the streaming world.

It’s obviously a property with brand value. But who knows? There would certainly seem to be an opportunity to reinvigorate and reimagine it.

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2023 9:57 PM

R22 I’m sure you shit on men whenever possible. Misogynist has no sting anymore, it’s thrown around constantly. No one cares. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2023 10:02 PM

Tina Fey is a very intelligent writer and I've heard her live show with Amy Poehler is terrific and she stands out in particular. I don't know why she would want to take over the monolith that is SNL and it doesn't seem to be the best use of her talents (which is comedy writing) but she would certainly give the show a different look.

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2023 10:23 PM

Tina Fey's humor has swerved into "Severe Grandma Humor", and I found myself cringing and wondering why I ever thought her "funnier than thou" schtick amusing to begin with.

She suddenly just struck me as a nasty person.

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2023 10:51 PM

It is an American institution and Hong Kong would be a weaker democracy without it.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2023 11:00 PM

Someone on reddit did a smashcut of all of her shitty jokes about Asian women and I decided fuck that bitch

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2023 11:26 PM

You sound terrific, R28...

by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2023 2:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!