Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Cult of Tom Cruise clearly owns most entertainment websites and magazines

Before this asshole's new movie is even out, and before the major expect blockbusters like Oppenheimer and Barbie are even out, at least two media outlets are claiming that "Cruise is back to save Hollywood" and that "Mission Impossible is the Blockbuster of the Summer!"

I get that this is likely PR and payola for the people who write it but why do the websites who print this kind of thing completely dismiss all objectivity just because Xenu had a big hit last year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 9, 2023 6:26 PM

I'll never be a Tom Cruise fan knowing how creepy he is to the core

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Cue DL's Tom Cruise paid shills!

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2023 5:34 PM

^ They don't pay the Clams to shill for Tom Cruise, that's part part of the worship deal that makes him so creepy

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2023 5:36 PM

I HATE Tom’s cult, but I can’t help but love the guy as an actor and action star. He was also my childhood crush cause Tom in the 90s was gorgeous. He’s still still fine today, for his age. His work always settles in time to Shoot or they do some movie magic post production, I don’t care.

Tom is the last major movie star. Brad Pitt may be the other, I’ll see his movie to spite the haters and have a great time.

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2023 5:42 PM

[quote]but I can’t help but love the guy as an actor and action star.

When was the last time he had an "acting" role?

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2023 5:45 PM

r4 thinks Tom Cruise should have won the Best Actor Academy Award for Maverick.

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2023 5:48 PM

I can't stand him, but I will forever remember him dancing in Risky Business.... 50 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2023 5:54 PM

I haven't seen any Tom Cruise movies in years.cant stand him or his cult.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2023 5:56 PM

He actually looks good in OP pic. Not often I say that. But I’m not a fan—he’s a little creepy and is, of course, part of an abusive and sociopathic cult. I also don’t like the type of brainless action movies that are his staple. I find it interesting that the media is playing him up at the King and saviour of Hollywood rather than writing exposes of what I’m certain are multiple skeletons in the closet. He is in with the right people for certain.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2023 6:01 PM

Audiences want non-woke shit.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2023 6:03 PM

r10

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2023 6:09 PM

I don’t think Scientology is any different and/or worse than any other religion. I mean, look at what the cult of White Christian Nationalism is doing to our country right now.

At least Tom makes some entertaining films.

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2023 6:14 PM

R11 if you want to read posts by users you’ve blocked, you should maybe unblock them.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2023 6:15 PM

[quote]I can't stand him, but I will forever remember him dancing in Risky Business.... 50 years ago.

Risky Business came out in August 1983 -- 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2023 6:15 PM

I think showbiz writers and talking heads always want to be the first to call "it," especially in the age of Internet.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2023 6:22 PM

He should be behind bars for the rest of his life for the position he holds in an incredibly dangerous, violent, and criminal mafia that assassinates US citizens and commits treasonous subterfuge against the state.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2023 6:31 PM

R13.

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2023 6:36 PM

He chose a murderous cult over his own child. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2023 6:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2023 3:42 PM

Oops I used a DL image. r5 this is r4/r19. Tom last acting role is probably "War of the Worlds". Spielberg seems to have gotten him to at least try to act a bit as a dad. I can't remember the last time he's had to have a paternal role. Being a person responsible for a child requires some form of acting. Now, it wasn't hard work, but the last time I had to see Tom attempt real tears.

I posted that image above because I Tom from the 80s to mid-2000s was like my ideal man, physically.

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2023 3:46 PM

Does he have Jell-O injected into his face?

Because the cheeks and other parts wobble like a room-temperature aspic when he moves that aged, ugly face with those stupid, dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2023 3:53 PM

You think Oppenheimer is going to be a blockbuster? Really??? It’s three fucking hours long.

by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2023 4:03 PM

Most people enjoy Tom Cruise movies. Get over it, you bitter old cunts.

by Anonymousreply 23July 8, 2023 4:10 PM

He's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 24July 8, 2023 4:19 PM

I don’t think Mission Impossible movies are great art or even decent storytelling but they are always a good time.

by Anonymousreply 25July 8, 2023 5:03 PM

For just a second, I thought that was Tom Holland.

by Anonymousreply 26July 8, 2023 5:38 PM

Cruise is 60. Does he do any of his stunts using his walker and cane, or do they have a stand-in.

by Anonymousreply 27July 8, 2023 5:45 PM

R27 His OT level allows him to overcome such weaknesses.

by Anonymousreply 28July 8, 2023 5:48 PM

^ OT? Over the Top? 😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 8, 2023 5:57 PM

I rewatched The Firm the other night. That was before everyone realized how creepy he was.

by Anonymousreply 30July 8, 2023 6:40 PM

I love Roger Friedman’s writings, I used to read them every day but for some reason not lately, I almost forgotten about them, thanks for the heads up OP.

by Anonymousreply 31July 8, 2023 7:35 PM

He’s so puffy now.

by Anonymousreply 32July 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Sometimes I jizz so hard that it knocks me off my feet!

by Anonymousreply 33July 8, 2023 8:21 PM

Tom Cruise is 60, and he is now looking his age. I will still get down on my knees for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 8, 2023 9:32 PM

I saw the preview for the new Mission Impossible movie and the stunts look really amazing. I don't really care about Tom Cruise or action movies otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 35July 8, 2023 9:38 PM

Whatever you might think of his “religious” practices, hard to deny the guy is the movie star of our generation. No one continues to attract people to theaters… and always give them a good time.

by Anonymousreply 36July 8, 2023 10:01 PM

I haven't seen any of the MI movies. Zero interest.

by Anonymousreply 37July 8, 2023 10:08 PM

He's FINALLY starting to look his age--at least approximately. That's both heartening and disheartening.

by Anonymousreply 38July 8, 2023 10:23 PM

I never thought he was a great actor. Something about his creepy eyes, which emit an intense "pick me", theater kid vibe. That needy energy is ever-present, and he is never able to fully become a character.

by Anonymousreply 39July 8, 2023 10:36 PM

Here are two straight shills who put up a podcast on the glories of all things Tom Cruise.

How much are they on the $cientology gravy train for?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 8, 2023 11:47 PM

The MI movies are very entertaining and a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2023 12:47 AM

Tom sold his soul for unprecedented success and fame in exchange for his losing the really important things in life , like your child and your mind from a toxic cult .

by Anonymousreply 42July 9, 2023 2:35 AM

Tom Cruise turned sixty-one last week.

by Anonymousreply 43July 9, 2023 3:47 AM

Tom taught Francis everything he knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 9, 2023 6:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!