Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nicholas Hoult solidifies run as unluckiest man in Hollywood with Superman snub

Superman: lost to David Corenswet

Batman: lost to Robert Pattinson

Top Gun: lost to Miles Teller

Mission Impossible 7: this role he actually got but he was not counting on Hulu to renew The Great and they did so he was forced to drop out. This one must have hurt because it was the final villain and it would have been two films. Esai Morales replaced him.

What gives? Monkey’s paw in the attic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2023 7:45 PM

He also had to fuck Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2023 8:48 PM

R1 That's what already sealed his fate.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2023 8:50 PM

I think would've preferred him as Batman, or at least as Bruce Wayne, if he didn't go dark emo as Patterson did.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2023 8:51 PM

And his attempt to start his own franchise with "Renfield" bombed.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2023 8:53 PM

Bruce Wayne is meh. Besides why cover up that beautiful face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2023 8:56 PM

I'll console him.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2023 8:56 PM

Who cares? James Gunn is a pedophile and a hack and Zaslav destroyed Warner Bros.

by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2023 8:58 PM

He looks more like a villain, anyway. So that's yet another missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2023 9:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2023 9:05 PM

I think he would be good in British comedy as a tall, dumb hottie, like in a Gervais or Pegg-style show/film. He would've also been a nice elven addition to the Rings of Power, if people had liked it.

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2023 9:11 PM

I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2023 9:14 PM

Top Gun he actually does look like he would be Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan’s son

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2023 9:21 PM

I wonder if there's more to the [bold]Mission Impossible[/bold] story. Going from 33-year-old NH to 60-year-old Esai Morales seems like a rather drastic change.

by Anonymousreply 13June 27, 2023 9:33 PM

Mission Impossible he would have been hot as fuck. I would have beat the everliving shit out of the agent who did his The Great contract if I was him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2023 9:35 PM

His looks can border on creepy and skeevy to me. I don't picture him as a hero/protagonist as much as a sly, charming drifter who comes into town, charming the daughters of the elite.

He's far more character actor than leading man.

by Anonymousreply 15June 27, 2023 9:37 PM

“HOLLYWOOD ROYALTY!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 27, 2023 9:50 PM

He’s so beautiful.

Even in Mad Max when they made him a freak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 27, 2023 9:54 PM

Especially in Mad Max when they made him a freak.

by Anonymousreply 18June 27, 2023 9:55 PM

And he has such nice nipples too.

So round, so pink, so erect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 27, 2023 9:55 PM

Strange, i can see he is beautiful but does nothing to me.

by Anonymousreply 20June 27, 2023 10:00 PM

I'm not a huge Miles Teller fan, but it's nice when an American can win out on our own characters. I would loved to see them give Nic the same A++++ Hollywood makeover, tan, and lighting. Top Gun was the best Miles ever looked. Nic is gorgeous, too me, so I can only imagine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 27, 2023 10:01 PM

He's gorgeous. No idea why he keeps missing out on these big roles. Why must we be punished with Adam Driver and his 235 moles in everything when Nicolas is auditioning, too?

by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2023 10:01 PM

He has the cutest little butt.

by Anonymousreply 23June 27, 2023 10:02 PM

Interestingly Henry Cavill was the previous titleholder of unluckiest man in Hollywood having lost out on Superman (Flyby), Twilight (it was written FOR him), Cedric Diggory, and James Bond.

by Anonymousreply 24June 27, 2023 10:05 PM

AI art creeps me out

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2023 10:14 PM

r22 it's clear that he's too straight for his own good. I'm sure if Nic would offer some head or ass more doors would open. But he has a minor hit of a TV show. Its streaming so the pay is shit, but it's steady work.

I'm sure the Mission Impossible paycheck and attention would have been worth way more than another 2 seasons on The Great. Imagine how awkward it must have been coming back to set after turning down a guaranteed blockbuster hit? Miles has been milking his TG fame for easy sponsorships since the movie came out. Glen Powell is also on a hot streak thanks to his TG association.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2023 10:25 PM

[quote]I think he would be good in British comedy as a tall, dumb hottie, like in a Gervais or Pegg-style show/film. He would've also been a nice elven addition to the Rings of Power, if people had liked it.

He is VERY funny in "The Great" as a tall, dumb hottie (and former Emperor of Russia.)

by Anonymousreply 27June 27, 2023 10:29 PM

Hot to death, far too hot for Jen Lawrence who can't walk up a flight of stairs. I hope his luck changes at some point, I'd like to see a lot more of him.

by Anonymousreply 28June 27, 2023 10:50 PM

For r18.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2023 12:15 AM

OK based on the timeline he’s either a masochist or has the absolute worst management in Hollywood. He announced his casting for MI7 in January in 2020 and The Great premiered in May 2020. So it wasn’t even that there was the expectation it would be cancelled, because it hadn’t premiered yet and he knew the series was not close-ended. He agreed to do a two-part movie when he had an open series commitment. NOBODY does that! Unless he was absolutely certain the show was shit and wouldn’t get renewed, but it got good reviews. And he also probably screwed the MI7 people because they had to scramble to find a replacement.

This is the equivalent of an actress signing for a big role and then getting pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2023 12:28 AM

I am super attracted to him. So hot

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2023 12:38 AM

He was incredibly gorgeous in Renfield, which was really odd for the character. His cheekbones were perfectly lit all the time.

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2023 12:42 AM

Was a new Bond ever chosen? He’d be a great villain, at least.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2023 12:45 AM

Not starring in a Warner Bros Super hero film counts as unlucky now? Lets also mourn those poor bastards that missed their cabins on the Titanic or couldn't get to Hiroshima and Nagasaki near the end of WW2

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2023 12:49 AM

Hoult probably dodged a bullet. Fuck Gunn and his recycled shit.

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2023 3:48 PM

OK seems The Great may have been picked up with a two season commitment which was common at peak streaming and he actually dropped out because COVID pushed back production of MI7 for months and he would not have been able to return to shooting The Great which even thought it hadn’t even premiered had already essentially been renewed and a production schedule was being finalized.

So he just had really really really bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2023 7:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!