Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Book Reveals Jackie Kennedy Onassis' Big Problem With Madonna

The former first lady spent her life avoiding paparazzi and couldn't understand the singer's need for attention.

J. Randy Taraborrelli, author of “Jackie: Public, Private, Secret,” told People this week that the former first lady wasn’t thrilled when her son John F. Kennedy, Jr. had a fling with the singer in the late 1980s. “[Jackie’s] problem with [Madonna] was that she was married,” Taraborrelli told People.

“Jackie was very consumed with getting him on the right path,” Simon told People in 2019. “She didn’t approve of some of [the women] — she was horrified by Madonna.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2023 1:21 AM

Most people who grew up a certain way and have any form of respect are shocked by her.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2023 10:13 PM

Jackie was horrified by Madonna back in the day. And now Madonna horrifies us with her monstrous face.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2023 10:14 PM

Not defending Madonna, but Madonna was in the entertainment industry and wanted to succeed. Jackie was secure with her station in life.

Bottom line: Jackie had money and didn't need the attention. Madonna started off having no money and wanted it badly in addition to advancing her career.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2023 10:15 PM

If I had a son I wouldn't want him to "date" Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2023 10:16 PM

Dear Jackie, Madonna is even more horrifying today.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2023 10:21 PM

This is my take. Jackie Kennedy came from an era where rich people didn’t crave fame, especially for non entertainers/showbiz ppl. They also wouldn’t understand the notion of someone being famous for being famous.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2023 10:22 PM

R3 By the time Madge was dating JFK Jr she could never not be famous again or broke for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2023 10:22 PM

No one took it well when she wasn’t horrified by Onassis.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2023 10:37 PM

R3, Jackie wasn't an idiot. She certainly understood that a certain amount of publicity is essential for an entertainer. She may have found the entire world of Hollywood and popular music vulgar and distasteful - she wouldn't be alone - but I doubt it was just Madonna's constant publicity that she found horrifying. In the late '80s, Madonna was still controversial for appearing to be (by the stricter standards of the time) slutty. She wasn't a woman that any mother of a nicely brought up young man would be excited to see her son "date".

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2023 10:39 PM

Maybe she reminded her too much of that other M who used to get her back blown out by her ex.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2023 10:42 PM

When Jackie wanted money--real money, not Kennedy money--she married Aristotle Onassis.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2023 10:47 PM

Madge is now roughly the same age as Jackie was when she died.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2023 12:41 AM

Mrs O loved other famous people in the same manner non famous people do- when I used to take care of her at Andre Oliver she would ask me about this singer or actor or another (all manner of the famous came to the store)- in a way she gawked as much as anyone. She herself was private and protected her privacy and wanted you to as well. She was very smart, very funny and very nice. I recall her peeking out of one our huge dressing rooms and whispering to me… is that who I think it is in the front of the store? She was loads of fun.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2023 1:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!