Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hey, It’s Sara Ramírez and They’ve heard your Che Diaz jokes.

They're back, Bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2024 9:12 AM

I couldn't even finish the article. "They" is so exhausting just to read about.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2023 3:09 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2023 5:03 PM

I was confused but I think I understand it now.

A male journalist who used to wear clothes made for men now dresses in clothes made for women and calls himself non binary interviewed a female actor who used to wear clothes made for women and who now wears clothes for men and who calls herself non binary.

The male journalist was a bit cunty about the female actor but the female actor doesn't have the balls to call the journalist out on his and patriarchal white supremacist misogyny because that would mean misgendering him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2023 5:17 PM

In fairness to Sara, if she bashed the character it could cost her this job or future jobs. You don’t shit on your writers.

She does sound mind-numbingly pretentious, however.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2023 5:26 PM

I’m holding space for the difficult truth that Sara Ramírez is basically playing themself as Che Diaz. This is a trauma for me.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2023 5:36 PM

I think there's a need for characters such as Che Diaz. It's just not my need, I wish the show well in its second season but you couldn't pay me to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2023 5:56 PM

"Non-binary".....chortle.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2023 7:47 PM

A straight man telling a woman she's not doing it right. How's that "intersectionality" working out for you, Sara?

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2023 8:05 PM

[Quote]Before we get too lost in the reverie of a pretty spot on a pretty day, Ramírez points out that the patch of grass we’re dawdling on was once Seneca Village, a 19th-century enclave of Black New Yorkers that was displaced by the park’s construction. (“If folks want to learn more about that, they should look it up,” they say.) Ramírez explains they’re “holding space” for “these difficult truths” and brings up that George Floyd was murdered three years ago to the day. They later lecture me a bit about “bi antagonism” and how “some people don’t even know the history of the word bisexual. To me, it’s crystal clear.” They add, “I’m very lucky and blessed to have made in-person contact with bi-plus elders.” They do not mean Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, or Miranda.

I love that she spouted off some shit and then told the interviewer to google it. So deep.

There are bi-plus elders? She must mean elderly shoppers at Buy Plus.

They doesn't appear to know that bi- means TWO.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2023 8:16 PM

I’m really looking forward to hate-watching Season 2 of The Che Diaz Comedy Concert Cringefest. I hope they gets into a life shattering accident leaving they a vegetable. That would be dramatically and comically satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2023 8:32 PM

OH. DEAR. GOD.

Judging from the first three episodes of season two I saw, the writers do seem more interested in complicating Che. (Spoiler alert: Miranda dons a strap-on.)

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2023 8:53 PM

Team Raven.

"How did this coming-out come to pass? “It was honestly a two-sentence conversation between Michael Patrick and I,” Nixon tells me. “He said, ‘What do you think? Should we make Miranda queer?’ I said, ‘Why not? We’re queering up the show in general’”

“There was a conversation before the series started, and I was asked the question, ‘Would you like Raven Baxter to be a lesbian?’ And I said, no. I said no,” Symoné said.

Symone said she is proud to be gay, but “The reason I said no wasn’t because I wasn’t proud of who I was, or I didn’t want to represent the LGBTQ+ community in any way,” Symoné said.. “It was because Raven Baxter is Raven Baxter is Raven Baxter. And Raven Baxter is a character that I was proud to play, even if she is straight, cisgender — I don’t mind — let her have her moment.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2023 8:55 PM

[quote]I’m holding space for the difficult truth that Sara Ramírez is basically playing themself as Che Diaz. This is a trauma for me.

Ramírez could assist all DLers struggling to process this by participating in a harm circle.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2023 9:00 PM

[Quote] Ramírez could assist all DLers struggling to process this by participating in a harm circle.

And then let us all take turns to dance, twirling our vagina capes, just like Sarah did at Mitchfest all those years ago.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2023 9:09 PM

I was traumatized by the mention of the Yankees cap. That article needed a trigger warning!!!

I don’t know if I can heal from this.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2023 9:26 PM

Karen Olivo is doing this shtick now too

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2023 9:34 PM

R11, how good were the episodes?

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2023 9:46 PM

R17 it's from the interview

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2023 9:51 PM

CliCHE has full bush.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2023 10:15 PM

Is the Che character funny as a comedian?

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2023 10:17 PM

R20. No

"I'm non-binary and I smoke a lot of weed"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2023 10:21 PM

Oh, where to begin with Che (Sara Ramírez), a deeply unfunny standup comic who co-hosts a sex-advice podcast with Carrie? They’re charming as hell—how could Ramirez play a character who isn’t? But underneath that charisma runs a deep river of self-absorption. No wonder they’re a match made in … bar basement … for the equally solipsistic Miranda. We should’ve known what we were in for the second Che pressed a literal “woke moment” button on the podcast—and it only gets worse from there. Does Che, I must stress again, finger Miranda in Carrie’s kitchen while an injured Carrie suffers alone? Do they say things like “DM me if you wanna chill again soon” and “I’ve done a ton of weed”? Yup. But worst of all, Che breaks the news to her girlfriend that they’re moving to L.A. via standup set. Rude!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2023 10:42 PM

People you wouldn't want to spend a minute with - Sara Ramirez and Che Diaz.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2023 10:49 PM

I really like Raven S, r12.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2023 10:55 PM

R21 ugh, worse than I thought. Any comedian whose entire act is about their ethnicity/sexuality/identity is a hack

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2023 10:57 PM

She says she's binary whatever the fuck that means but she's the living stereotype of the humorless lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2023 11:04 PM

Feelings are facts. Neither is a non-binary identity. But thank God gender exists or these neurodivergent fucktards wouldn’t have anything to push against.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2023 11:04 PM

Feelings aren’t facts. Neither is a non-binary identity. But thank God gender exists or these neurodivergent fucktards wouldn’t have anything to push against.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2023 11:05 PM

I meant non-binary, obviously. Whatever the fuck that means.

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2023 11:06 PM

If a chubby George Lopez had a baby with a hideous version of P!nk

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2023 11:08 PM

Che Diaz was probably one of the more entertaining parts of AJLT season 1. Queer characters can be annoying and narcissistic too and that is a truth to be explored! Fans just didn’t like it because they love Steve and he got screwed over for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2023 11:10 PM

Qu**r is a slur. Stop using it.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2023 11:16 PM

Sara has one of the best singing voices truly. She was wonderful in the Spamalot play.

I'm glad she's just doing the butch thing and isn't taking testosterone because it would be a crime to fuck up your gift to chase the gender unicorn.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2023 11:19 PM

r31, no, fans didn't like it because Che is a charmless asshole who treats Miranda like shit. If any man had treated one of the main characters the same way Che does in the original series, they would have been no more than a one-off jerk to be clearly disposed of. Instead we're asked to treat Che as a legitimate love interest, and plenty aren't buying it.

The original built a whole episode, and legacy, around the concept that if a man doesn't call you, he's just not that into you. Che acts the exact same way, ghosting Miranda for a while, and it's treated like it's perfectly acceptable behavior. Because if a non-binary doesn't call, text, or follow up with you...they just can't be held to conventional notions of how to treat people! This is a series that's forgotten its own history.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2023 11:20 PM

R34 except Big, Berger, Petrovsky, Richard, Trey etc. were all jerks and all had long storyline arcs? The ladies all dated lots of assholes.

Miranda is behaving like an idiot, sure, but that’s because she’s in a mid-life crisis. She’ll snap out of it eventually. The only part that really annoys me is she gave up her whole passion for human rights work to go watch Che film a TV show. Dumb.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2023 11:29 PM

Very true R33. She/they should just "shut up and sing.".

She's really excellent at that at least.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2023 11:36 PM

They protest too much

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2023 11:56 PM

Do they have a cock?

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2023 11:58 PM

She'll drop the they bullshit when she's off the show.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2023 12:23 AM

Exactly, r34.

Miranda’s professor would have been a more plausible love interest than an overgrown teenage boy but Cynthia didn’t want two straight people falling in love. Why couldn’t they have made the professor bisexual in that case?

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2023 1:36 AM

Anyone who seeks to seriously sell their "non-binary" identity makes me really nervous because it signals that they are completely batshit crazy. Period!

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2023 4:30 AM

Just a reminder that the person who wrote the article about Ramirez also wrote this, which essentially admits everything everyone suspects about non-binary people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2023 4:47 AM

"They were also privately identifying as nonbinary and were in a relatively private ten-year marriage to a finance guy. " Like so many of these histrionic 'bi' chicks now performing whatever gender fuckery - they are just basic str8 girls at the end of the day. Her rage at gays (seriously, sone of her tweets about gay ppl are insane) and white people are all just distraction and deflection at how boring straight she is. This bitch is/was married to a tall, handsome, rich, straight white finance Bro - all the things she rails against.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2023 5:45 AM

She sounds exhausting and humourless. Also pretentious and she's not that great of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2023 6:08 AM

Sara/ Che is likely annoying but does the author of this author truly believe that zhe is any better? Reminds of when nerdy kids pick on other nerdy kids.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2023 6:37 AM

R42 I lasted all of 2 paragraphs. And they is taking swipes at another they? Look in the mirror gurl.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2023 6:39 AM

R43 histrionic bi chicks is right. Nothing more dreary than listening to some cluster b who has sucked off every male she's ever been in 2 feet of screaming about how men are just so gross y'all. Unfortunately these fucked up, Xanax addled women with no sense of self outside who they're screwing this week seem to dominate current convos on things like sex, women's rights and gay issues . Or should I say " queer" issues. The media treats with complete and unquestioning reverence while telling more normal brained people to stfu while Borderline Betty flails about for attention

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2023 6:44 AM

Edit : the media treats *them* with complete reverence

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2023 6:45 AM

R34 forgetting, burying, and rewritten history is what the present “progressive” movement is all about. It’s about control.

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2023 7:22 AM

Steve to Che is the biggest downgrade in TV-series romantic history.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2023 7:28 AM

How long before Alok makes an appearance?

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2023 9:26 AM

Ah the typical dreary biphobia & transphobia rears its head again. This is the most tedious aspect of DL these days. Sara is divorced fwiw to the “all bi women are straight & all bi men are gay” crowd. And even if they were still married to a man…they would still be bi

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2023 9:30 AM

r52 Sweetie, she is the dreary one with a giant chip on her shoulder. And ill stop being 'biphobic' when women like her stop shitting on gays - which she was doing while defiantly still being married to a man at the time.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2023 10:00 AM

She was funny in her bit in You’ve Got Mail as the surly cashier. I actually looked up her name when I got home.

But I’ve not been impressed with anything she has done since.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2023 11:12 AM

r52 This woman is not a "they". Truly spoken like a mentally ill TQ+ cultist.

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2023 11:14 AM

[quote] And even if [bold]they[/bold] were still married to a man…they would still be [bold]bi[/bold]

r52 Every word is exposing your stupid TQ+ lie.

Bisexuality = Engaging in both Homosexuality (sex w the same sex) + Heterosexuality (sex w the opposite sex). Very much acknowledging that there are only two sexes (BI). Then how is your beloved "they/them non-binary" Sara is bisexual according to you? Non-binary rejects that there are two sexes.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2023 11:18 AM

What happens to her tits on days she feels like a man?

The author of the second piece all but admits he started his own gender fuckery to screw with older people and now he thinks it's a joke (well, at least that's as far as I got in the article; he's as tedious as she is in the piece he did about her). I'm sure his parents are proud of how much of their money he wasted by being a gender studies major.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2023 11:30 AM

R56 that’s not the current definition of bisexuality and you would know that if you weren’t stuck in a 1950s Mattachine Society Log Cabin Republican version of gayness.

But it’s useless to argue with the transphobes who have taken over DL. I’m not even sure any of you are actually gay or if you’re just straight right wing trolls. In any case, any time a trans or non-binary person is mentioned you all come out like clockwork to harp on about how we are the genitals we were born with (I don’t know how you mentally handle intersex people but I don’t want to know). It’s tired. Same old talking points every time.

by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2023 11:34 AM

Resting sneer face. No me gusta.

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2023 11:42 AM

How long before C.H.U.D. makes an appearance R51?

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2023 11:52 AM

The “They, Then and Now” essay linked at r42 and published a year ago, seems already dated. Nobody cares about pronouns anymore.

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2023 4:05 PM

Pronouns are OUT.

by Anonymousreply 62June 21, 2023 8:19 PM

Sara played a butch character on Madam Secretary. No one cared.

Che Diaz is a UNIQUE hate

by Anonymousreply 63June 21, 2023 8:41 PM

Hasn’t the strap-on storyline been done already with Samantha and the buzzkill lesbian played by Sonia Braga.

by Anonymousreply 64June 22, 2023 6:03 AM

Leave Sara alone *sob* -Brittany S.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2024 8:31 AM

R1 I don’t think she is exhausting but using they in place of singular pronoun is. It’s so fucking annoying and distracting. This cannot be acceptable yo. It must stop. It’s fucking confusing.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2024 9:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!