Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHAM! | Official Trailer | Netflix

I'm pumped for this. Love George michael.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2023 4:19 AM

I’m gonna watch it too

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2023 12:13 PM

Boy, they were cute little twinks when they were young, weren't they?

I have to believe they fucked at least once. Or that George at least gave Andrew a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2023 12:50 PM

I didn’t know Shirlie married Martin Kemp

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2023 3:38 PM

They could use a cardboard cut out to portray Andrew in the movie. He literally did absolutely nothing in Wham! George Michaels did all the work.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2023 3:45 PM

R4 George Michael, not "Michaels," Rose.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2023 3:47 PM

In high school my gf loved wham! We went to the Tower in upper darby to see them. She was one of those screaming girls that loved george. Anyway i always thought it was funny that they had rap songs. Even then i thought it (they) were awful. Now I think it’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2023 3:55 PM

R6 oh! She bought me a choose life t-shirt. I might still have it in my parents attic. I have a frankie says relax t shirt as well. Are they worth money? Should i find them & put it them on ebay?

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2023 3:58 PM

It's just so upbeat yet cheesy gay! Wham was wonderful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2023 4:02 PM

George Michael named Andrew Ridgeley as co-writer of "Careless Whisper" even though he wrote song himself. Due to this Mr. Ridgeley has grown quite wealthy over years (reports say about $10 million USD) thanks to royalties largely from that song but others as well.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2023 4:07 PM

GM really didn't like "Everything She Wants", but it became one of Wham's most successful songs. After years of speaking his mind on this song late in life GM softened his views on "Everything She Wants", even performing it often at his live concerts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2023 4:09 PM

Michaels looked way too Armenian in Wham! The dark hair was awful. He was still ugly but better looking for the Faith period.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2023 4:09 PM

I thought he was Greek.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2023 4:11 PM

Fraus love "Everything She Wants"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2023 4:11 PM

Duh. He was Greek but Armenians have dark hair and are hairier than monkeys. Having dark monkey hair on your entire body is never sexy. Yuck. They could play Chewbecca without the suit.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2023 4:13 PM

R11

George Michael "ugly"? Get your eyes checked pal because you obviously are blind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2023 4:14 PM

R15 George certainly had his days looking mighty fine. A voice to match.

by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2023 1:44 AM

If you consider that fine. I always thought he was funny looking. Especially in his young days.

by Anonymousreply 17July 4, 2023 1:56 AM

Andrew Ridgeley was so hot back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 18July 4, 2023 1:58 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 4, 2023 2:01 AM

Hideous

by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2023 2:02 AM

I’d always heard that story too, [R9]. However, the writing of CW was discussed in the documentary and AR did have a hand in writing CW. George Michael said so himself.

Loved the documentary. 10/10 for a lighthearted, leave you feeling good viewing. It did leave me wanting more. I hope they will follow it up with a GM post Wham! documentary.

The friendship between GM and AR was beyond beautiful. Few people ever find such closeness and connection to another human being. It did seem like destiny that they met.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2023 4:19 AM

Fans might be disappointed to learn that in the documentary Ridgeley is heard but not seen as he appears today: debonair and patrician, with silver hair and a still-cheeky smile. Smith said it would have thrown the film’s mythic aspirations off balance if Ridgeley were on camera but not Michael, who died seven years ago at 53.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2023 6:20 AM

Since Wham!’s heyday, Ridgeley has battled the perception that he’s famous only because he was in a duo with a more talented artist. The documentary makes a case in his favor though, tracing how Ridgeley, a guitarist, collaborated with the composer and performer Michael.

Still, Ridgeley acknowledged that his musicianship wasn’t in the same league as Michael’s, “one of the finest, if not the finest, singing voices of his generation,” he said, sounding like a proud brother.

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2023 6:22 AM

In this documentary, any dish on hairdresser-turned-meth addicted prostitute extraordinaire Fadi Fawaz?

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2023 9:16 AM

[R23], the documentary shed a positive light on AR and his importance in GM’s professional and personal life. AR had the confidence, charisma, ambition, and determination that GM was lacking when they met. It’s unfortunate, if true, that AR battled self doubt due to the inevitable comparison to GM’s talent and post Wham! career. His part in creating and sustaining Wham! was equally as important as GM’s contributions. Wham! Made it big (pun intended) due to the symbiotic relationship between GM and AR. Yin and yang.

The documentation of their friendship was beautiful. Moving on from that relationship must have been difficult for both GM and AR. I’m now more intrigued by their friendship than their musical career. I may have to go back and reread AR’s autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2023 1:33 PM

R21 There is a George Michael documentary that came out either last year or this year, though it's not really as official as the Wham! one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2023 4:04 AM

Omg I cannot wait. I am so excited. I absolutely love George. I am honored to say I went to his Faith concert. Sexy man.

by Anonymousreply 27July 7, 2023 4:11 AM

R26 I have never seen that documentary. I’m going to go watch it.

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2023 4:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!