Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Parker Posey

New York Magazine has a fun new interview it seemed DLers would enjoy. Been a few years since we had a thread on her too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2023 2:42 AM

Ah no. There are at least 2 threads every YEAR.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2023 7:39 PM

Last thread dedicated to her. From last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2023 7:49 PM

She’s one of the greatest.

I’ll never get over reading from a couple people who said that there were a number of actresses who could have done a BETTER JOB than Parker in her character arc on Louis CK’s show, where she played an enchanting crazy woman Louie became infatuated with.

No one could have done a better job. No one has her charisma. She is brilliant.

She has chari

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2023 7:49 PM

Ignore that stray “She has chari—“ above

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2023 7:50 PM

Chari Blair

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2023 7:51 PM

Mea culpa. I saw 2022 and thought it was two years ago for some reason. Please disregard this thread, which was far too soon.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2023 7:52 PM

I revisited Partygirl and Day Trippers recently and really enjoyed them. She's great, and her Louie arc really was fantastic. Though I don't think much of that office secretary movie that DLers seem to be gaga about.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2023 7:52 PM

She has had nothing but praise for Ari Aster, her director in Beau Is Afraid, but I abhor him and cannot bring myself to watch that movie, as much as I’d like to see Parker.

Thank you OP for starting this thread and sharing the Vulture article. I agree with Parker’s criticisms of NYC (who wouldn’t, except the most vapid recent transplants who don’t even care about gritty downtown culture?).

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2023 7:55 PM

R6 Feel free to discuss her. But your opening gambit included the ridiculous claim that it's been "a few years". Which was completely unnecessary.

There are Jackie O threads bi-monthly!

Discuss Parker every fucking month for all I care. It's always the same old comments anyway. Enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2023 7:55 PM

“Alright, freshman bitches…

AIR RAID!!!”

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2023 7:57 PM

Legitimate DL based thread bump.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2023 7:57 PM

I saw her downtown walking her dog years ago and she couldn’t have been sweeter. I noticed the cute dog and didn’t realize it was her until I looked up.

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2023 8:04 PM

I've seen some of her movies! And some of her TV work! That Parker Posey. She sure is something!

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2023 8:10 PM

In July 2020 I was in the SJP Collection shoe store with my sister who is a fan of SJP! SJP was present. Parker Posey was there, with a lady friend who was also clearly a SJP stan. It became clear that SJ Parker had not recognized Parker Posey, as she was focused on the two customer-fans who were slobbering stan affection all over the SJP and her shoes.

I was over it. Parker looked at me just at that moment and rolled her eyes in agreement.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2023 8:19 PM

It was Cannes Film Festival, several years ago, in the poolside bar at the Hôtel Martinez. I was with my dear friend Ypir and her beautiful son. Chloë Sevigny, skinny, in a sarong on a wooden chaise lounge. Suddenly a commotion, drinks were thrown, Parker Posey was present, words were hissed. Ypir was appalled and cancelled her rare red carpet appearance, schedule that evening at the AMFAR gala at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2023 8:33 PM

I have loved Parker Posey since her days as Tess Shelby. I remember an early interview where she said Tess was supposed to enter down a staircase and then have a flashback. The director, unhappy with her first take, yelled “Cut!”

He told her what he disliked and she replied, “Sorry, I’ve never had a flashback.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2023 9:33 PM

She has a great face -- a memorable and distinctive beauty. Seems very bright, too, based on her interviews.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2023 9:46 PM

Jack’s boss on Will & Grace 🌟

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2023 9:52 PM

R8 I almost walked out an hour into it but so glad I stayed for Parker! And for Patti Lupone.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2023 10:08 PM

That interview was a mess - it was almost comical that they added an addendum to say “this was edited” at the end. It was a series of non-sequiturs, non-questions and non-answers.

BUT I did like Parker’s comments that maybe she is too old for NY now. That NY is for the young. And that it is not the NY of her youth. And how being away during Covid made her realize she could live somewhere else. All thoughts that most every NY-er in their 50s I know has had recently.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2023 1:46 AM

Yeah, kind of a boring interview. Would've been interesting to talk more about aging out of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2023 1:59 AM

She's now a women's rights advocate in the UK and holds "Let Women Speak" gatherings in London.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2023 2:08 AM

It’s time to park her posey elsewhere, no??

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2023 2:48 AM

[quote] I was over it. Parker looked at me just at that moment and rolled her eyes in agreement.

And here I didn’t think it was possible to love her more.

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2023 1:00 AM

What on earth is R15 on about, and to whom is that supposed to make sense?

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2023 1:02 AM

Of course we all liked party girl, but I really liked her in the Christopher Guest movies

"There will always be a place for me at the dairy queen."

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2023 1:08 AM

She’s great in Clockwatchers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2023 1:12 AM

She’s great in absolutely everything she’s ever done.

I haven’t listened to her book ‘You’re On An Airplane’ yet, though. And yes I do believe listening to her read it is probably the best way to experience it.

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2023 1:13 AM

I've loved her since I saw her in Waiting for Guffman thirty years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2023 1:18 AM

Love PP. She was great in "Best in Show." So damn funny, weird, wild, oddball. You cannot take your eyes off her.

by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2023 1:19 AM

Best in Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2023 1:22 AM

She’s also gorgeous, which is another thing that adds to her charisma. She isn’t simply a weirdo like Sandy Dennis or that crazy lady from The Shining and Popeye, or just a funny lady like Lily Tomlin. Parker is the whole package.

And yes she’s a little nuts too. Isn’t that great?!

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2023 1:23 AM

Honorary Gay Man

by Anonymousreply 33June 22, 2023 1:23 AM

More...Best in Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 22, 2023 1:23 AM

The first time I saw her was in Tales of the City. Small role but very memorable. Hilarious that her character thought a cock ring was a Christmas decoration.

by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2023 1:26 AM

In my mind, she and Amy Sedaris are good friends.

by Anonymousreply 36June 22, 2023 1:34 AM

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2023 1:56 AM

R28 - I can’t recommend her book more. You’re correct, her reading/performing the audio version is sublime.

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2023 2:00 AM

R35 She was Mary Ann’s first roommate and said “Fantabulous” without a touch of irony.

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2023 2:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!