Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do closeted gay actors beard?

We still hear about cases of big Hollywood names very likely in bearding situations (Henry Cavill, Richard Madden - two DL favs) and I was just thinking about how these guys go about in long term. Like when it says so and so’s been linked to an actress for like a year or something is it just them making red carpet and paparazzi appearances together and then they don’t really see each other otherwise. It’s always interesting to hear the anonymous sources comment on the relationships and it sounds like a PR person who’s feeding into the cover up. I assume the people in their personal lives/management teams are completely in on it and assist in any way they can.

I guess the same question could go for a straight actor who has a relationship arranged with an actress strictly for publicity. Either way it’s such a sad thing when it does happen, but these guys are playing the twisted game to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2023 1:36 PM

Is Henry still a DL fave?

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2023 1:06 AM

He’ll be a fav until he dies. There’s countless threads going back years about him on here that prove he’s a big favorite.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2023 1:11 AM

Based on someone I know....

It doesn't usually involve long, drawn-out contracts like some people have alleged (though they will often make the beard sign an NDA). Sometimes it's just as easy as asking a female friend to go to a few events to you, then leaking some details to a tabloid rag about how the two of you are "so in love" or were "seen canoodling" somewhere

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2023 1:24 AM

R2 that's true, but his threads over the last few years are usually about bashing him.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2023 1:31 AM

[R3] - Yeah that’s interesting. Like I said before it must be something that Hollywood insiders (actors, publicists, agents, etc) know about but keep quiet in an effort to help the closeted actor stay closeted.

But like when they say they were together for like a few months or a year or whatever, is that just something the publicist or whoever feeds to the gossip sites as truth and the few public appearances together are used to craft a public image? Sounds exhausting. I guess this could work because the public won’t know that they aren’t actually spending time together in private.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2023 3:30 AM

Bump. But seriously any more ideas?

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2023 9:59 PM

Henry isn’t gay. He likes that Games Workshop stuff. No gay has ever liked that.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2023 10:03 PM

That’s why he’s posting that shit online, further trying to trick us. But I genuinely do think he’s gay, all the shit about him adds up to that.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2023 10:05 PM

Hook up With a gay woman

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2023 10:09 PM

I was thinking about going that route for sure, and it long term would def work if everything was talked about.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2023 10:22 PM

[quote]How do closeted gay actors beard?

Most of the bigger talents I know use the Smith Brothers agency.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2023 10:25 PM

Our publicists, lawyers, managers, fixers and cult leaders do the recruiting and hiring. The selected candidate is then trained in the fine art of over-the-top red carpet PDA and the proper reciting of contrived anecdotes about our fake relationship. We then parade a wedding through the streets of Italy with tacky People magazine photo spread to ingrain in the public's mind that we are straight.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2023 1:11 PM

Do "beards" actually get paid? Anybody have an idea of what the financial arrangements entail?

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2023 1:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!