Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER ! Olivia Newton-John's daughter Chloe Lattanzi pursues acting career

olivia Newton-John's daughter Chloe Lattanzi has thrown herself into a Hollywood acting role, as she continues to mourn the recent passing of her famous mother.

The 37-year-old beauty has just completed filming her debut role in the upcoming feature film Deltopia, reports New Idea.

Insiders say Chloe has used her work on the dramatic coming of age film to deal with her mother's death.

Chloe has been up front about her ambition to find success as a movie actress, like her mother who rose to international fame in the 1978 classic Grease.

'Chloe's excited about this next step, but she's nervous,' said one insider close to the production.

'This time, she won't have her mother around to reassure her,' the source continued.

'She was incredible on the set, everyone loved her and she was so professional.'

The film is directed by her cousin Michael Easterling, and on-set insiders have claimed Chloe is 'talented in her own right', though she relied on her co-stars to re-assure her throughout the filming.

'She loves working as it keeps her mind off the sad stuff,' a source told New Idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2023 12:28 PM

It would be camp if Miss Plastique tried to play one of the teens.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2023 5:33 PM

She was in a Christmas move called “Christmas Romance” with ONJ and Gregory Harrison in the early 90s. She was around 7 or 8 years old and was very cute in it. It will be interesting to see her act again after such a long hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2023 5:42 PM

She’s the right age to play a high schooler on Grease.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2023 6:15 PM

I’m surprised she wasn’t cast in ‘Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies’ on Paramount+. She has just the right amount of talent.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2023 6:19 PM

She's perfect for an episode of Botched!

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2023 6:21 PM

The film is directed by her cousin. Does she ever get anything on her own?

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2023 6:34 PM

R6 I wonder how her audition for Pennywise went

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2023 6:46 PM

Who was waiting for this?

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2023 6:51 PM

She has a classic Horse Face. And all that awful plastic surgery at her young age???!!!

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2023 7:14 PM

Matt Lattanzi, R8

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2023 7:15 PM

[quote] 'This time, she won't have her mother around to reassure her,' the source continued.

I’m not sure “reassure” is the word. If she had to wait until Olivia died, I don’t think there was much encouraging and reassuring going on. I bet that shit was like Grey Gardens.

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2023 7:28 PM

She and Sydney Sweeney could play incestuous lesbian sisters in a remake of the Papin murder case, if there is one to be made anon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2023 7:29 PM

Hasn't she been acting like an earthling for at least the last decade?

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2023 7:32 PM

Fuck her and all the reassurance she needs. This will just be another excuse to mangle her body and face more.

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2023 7:51 PM

Quite the opposite, R11. Chloe was extremely spoiled by Olivia, who was very delusional about her daughter's talents. In her autobiography, Olivia wrote about her fears of being too old to play Sandy, and also said: "I look at my daughter at age thirty-two now and she’s absolutely perfect. What was I worried about in those days?"

She also wanted Chloe to play Sandy in a potential Grease remake: "Lately, I've thought Taylor Swift could probably, because she's very talented. And my daughter, I've always thought she could."

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2023 10:54 AM

R2 Olivia and Chloe also acted together in a Showtime movie called The Wilde Girls, in 2003.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2023 11:00 AM

What is at the root of Chloe’s neurosis? I know her father went off the deep end, but was ONJ a typical absentee celebrity parent or did she inherit her mental illness from her dad?

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2023 12:10 PM

Nothing says ingenue like pushing 40, looking like a broken sex shop mannequin and needing constant reassurance

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2023 6:19 PM

I laugh at clowns too, Olivia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2023 6:37 PM

What I’ve never fathomed about Lattanzi is her preoccupation with looks. Whatever her flaws, ONJ never gave the impression of being obsessed with her appearance. Where did Lattanzi get her vacuousness from?

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2023 2:27 PM

Why is OP marked as a troll? Does OP know his posts show up as greyed out?

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2023 2:40 PM

What’s striking is how she felt resentful and upstaged by her mother’s success - in a manner usually associated with a resentful husband rather than a child. This recent quote reveals she even felt upstaged by her mother’s cancer:

‘We say we all have our cancers. Mine is my battle with addiction. I have to keep myself sober the rest of my life and that's a fight and it takes work. And we all have our cancers.'

Is is sad that Olivia felt pressure to become smaller to help Chloe feel more important.

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2023 6:42 PM

She sounds like my daughter Veda.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2023 8:57 PM

Okay, I know someone who worked with ONJ at her Malibu house. This is just observation and a lot of conjecture on my part. As I hear it, Olivia was seldom at home with Chloe during her early years. She was raised not by nannies but Latina housekeepers. She was said to be a total brat as a kid because Olivia never disciplined her. She would go around the house saying how beautiful she was. My belief is that she looked in the mirror and saw how awkward she was when she had two magnificently attractive parents and it did a number on her. Ironically, the stage was set but if you saw photos of her from her late high school years, she had actually grown very, very beautiful but she didn't see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2023 9:12 PM

R24 Interesting. That tallies with a 90s interview I read in the U.K. in which the journalist detailed how rude little Chloe was to her (and how the rudeness went unreproved by ONJ). I also wonder if Chloe is unintelligent. For someone who presumably had everything thrown at her education, from school to private tuition, she has a very limited vocabulary and tends to speak in Hallmark cod-spiritual soundbites. She’s remarkably incurious.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2023 12:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!