Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andy Cohen Says He and John Mayer ‘Are in Love with Each Other’

Andy Cohen and John Mayer are “in love with each other,” but the Watch What Happens Live host insisted they never took their relationship to the next level.

During an appearance on SiriusXM’s The Howard Stern Show on Wednesday, host Howard Stern asked Cohen, 55, if he was in love with the “New Light” singer, 45.

Fans have long asked the same thing, as the two have appeared to be close and affectionate friends for years. Mayer was at Cohen's baby shower, serenaded the host on his 50th birthday and even spoke at Cohen’s Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony in February 2022,

So are they in love? Answering Stern's question, The Daddy Diaries: The Year I Grew Up author said yes, but swore on his children Benjamin Allen Cohen, 4, and Lucy Eve Cohen, 1, that despite rumors, he and Mayer never had a sexual relationship.

They do have a lot in common, though — bonding over their shared love of the Grateful Dead. The guitarist is very different from Cohen’s other friends, Cohen explained on Table for Two with Bruce Bozzi in December 2022.

"John Mayer is someone who is very in touch with his emotions," Cohen told Bruce Bozzi. “He very quickly in our friendship started saying, 'You know what, I gotta tell you something — I love you.'”

“He is someone to say, 'I love you and I cherish you and I cherish our friendship' — just this stuff that straight guys aren't necessarily supposed to say,” Cohen continued.

In 2018, Cohen had to clarify that the two did not date, but he was not surprised that some fans thought they were because they spend so much time together. “Listen, we have a very sweet friendship, and we are together all the time,” Cohen told CNN. “I think that I was not surprised because we also have a great love for each other. So, it just seems like the obvious assumption.”

Mayer and Cohen are such close friends that Mayer spoke at Cohen’s Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony in February 2022, calling Cohen the “world’s friend.”

“I've walked with him down city streets and been on FaceTime with him as he goes about his day, and each and every time he's recognized, he's said 'hello' to just like a friend. 'What's up Andy?' 'Hey Andy!' 'Loved what you said about de Blasio!' He's also my friend, my dear friend,” Mayer said. “And there are times in life when you just need a friend you can count on.”

"He's a Madonna stan and a Deadhead. He's an A-lister, who parties like a B-lister, with the free spirit of a C-lister," Mayer continued. "I love Andy more than I can tell you. He's a brilliant human being, a hilarious cohort, a loving son and brother — and more recently he's become a proud, engaged and deeply devoted father."

Meanwhile, elsewhere on Cohen's appearance on The Howard Stern Show, Stern, 69, pressed the Bravo personality about his relationship with Sarah Jessica Parker. The two have been friends for 25 years, with Cohen being completely star-struck for the first five years. “I’m still titillated by our friendship, but I’ve gotten over the excitement of the newness of it,” Cohen told Stern. “At some point 20 years into a friendship you digest that it’s there.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2023 8:16 PM

You know it kills Andy that he is not an A-lister like all his pals.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2023 3:58 AM

These two deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2023 4:00 AM

I think Andy WANTS it to be sexual.

He should have clarified that point.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2023 4:08 AM

R3, I think Andy would absolutely love to have a bf like John. He's A-List, good-looking, talented, has been famous for a long-time and he was linked with many famous women in his past.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2023 4:11 AM

Plus R4, which one of us gay males hasn't fallen in love with a straight male friend?

I think we all have at one time.

I'm curious what John thinks about this statement.

I highly doubt John would say that he's "in love with" Andy.

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2023 4:13 AM

Accompanied with the most awkward body language photo of them.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2023 4:13 AM

Cringe.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2023 4:13 AM

R5, I thought John came out as bi a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2023 4:14 AM

R5 I guess. I always looked as my straight friends in brotherly roles as opposed to romantic ones.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2023 4:15 AM

This photo of them is funny.

It looks like they're posing for a prom picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2023 4:18 AM

R5, John doesn't seem to care at all. This has been going on for years. I guess John likes the attention as much as Andy:

This Instinct article is from 2018: Andy Cohen Discusses Those John Mayer Dating Rumors

Maybe John's not bi. At least not below the waist. A commenter below this article wrote this:

"In an interview with Rolling Stone, John Mayer did admit to a bisexual tendencies when it comes to the man on man activities. He was quoted as saying anything on a man ABOVE the belly button, "it's on". When it comes to the dick thing, he's freakin out. Can't handle it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2023 4:22 AM

Both of them are full of shit!

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2023 5:02 AM

John Mayer is blessed with a big fat intact cock. Suck it Cohen!!

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2023 5:34 AM

[quote] "In an interview with Rolling Stone, John Mayer did admit to a bisexual tendencies when it comes to the man on man activities. He was quoted as saying anything on a man ABOVE the belly button, "it's on". When it comes to the dick thing, he's freakin out. Can't handle it."

So basically, he would cuddle with and kiss another guy?

I'm down for that!

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2023 5:43 AM

They would actually make a pretty hot couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2023 5:51 AM

I’m so sick of Andy Cohen and his relentless selfishness and self-promotion, including using his babies as props. I really can’t stand him.

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2023 5:59 AM

R15 nice photo! IDK why DL hates Andy Cohen so much. He seems harmless and a lot like several gay men I know in NYC (I work in advertising).

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2023 6:05 AM

r16, I’ve never cared for that bitch with those dark empty unsettling eyes. Andy represents the least favorable stereotypes of white gay men.

r17, that doesn’t speak well for those several gay men you know. They must be some vapid ass queens.

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2023 6:21 AM

I wonder if Andy has shat on John’s chest yet.

by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2023 7:45 AM

R18, Fun, vapid ass queens beat angry, pretentious ass queens any day!

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2023 1:43 AM

His body is a wonderland,

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2023 1:52 AM

"Watch What Happens Live" host Andy Cohen speaks out on his SiriusXM radio show, to talk about how annoyed he was at the media' take on his words about their platonic relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2023 2:14 AM

Cohen is a relentlessly unattractive blathering dunderheaded. His shows appeal to the lowest common denominator of audience. Ick.

Mayer my must be a dunderhead as well to go along with this ludicrous publicity stunt.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2023 2:20 AM

Both are vapid narcissists who contribute little to art and society. John has talent but wastes it on schlock. He will not be remembered. Andy Cohen will go down as one of people who destroyed our society with trash reality TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2023 2:23 AM

R23 John Mayer is an attention whore and he used famous women for years for publicity. Now that women no longer tolerate it. He's moved to using gays with no self respect like Andy Cohen for his narcissistic supply. Andy is annoying and an attention whore, so I don't feel bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2023 2:25 AM

John Mayer seems like he's a legit bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2023 2:34 AM

Ew.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2023 3:09 AM

R16-I approve

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2023 3:47 AM

Andy's guest bartender on WWHL tonite was a chorus boy from Some Like It Hot who Andy openly and embarrassingly lusted after. Ewwww. He's too young for you Andy!

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2023 3:48 AM

Is Cohen fucking women now?

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2023 8:37 AM

As with all of the many other stories about Cohen, I feel bad for his kids. They're just another proper for his endless narcissism and they don't have another parent/partner to turn to. I don't care about Mayer one way or another, but Hellen Keller could tell these two are just using each other, though Cohen clearly values the friendship more, which means Mayer gets to just stand there & look bored.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2023 8:54 AM

They're both attention whores so maybe this could work. Surprised John hasn't gone on OF to post hole pics yet.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2023 8:59 AM

Meyer’s can be sexy. I’m sure Andy would love to give him a blowsie.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2023 11:45 AM

Andy is lying about their friendship not been sexual. Gay men do cover for their closeted bisexual male friends all the time.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2023 11:53 AM

Giving your best friend a blowsie, R34, is not really sexual or faggy.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2023 11:57 AM

R34, Since Andy claims he is a top and Mayer (would be) a top, I don't see how that would work (outside of BJ, MM and Fr).

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2023 8:49 PM

Maybe can pull much hotter and younger fuck buddies.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2023 8:55 PM

Andy is not a top, despite his lies.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2023 11:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2023 11:12 PM

Andy would let John Mayer pound his pussy, in two seconds flat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2023 11:13 PM

“Blind item”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2023 6:59 PM

R1 Andy is A list cunt.

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2023 7:04 PM

R42 Andy is not A-list. John Mayer is barely A-list.

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2023 7:13 PM

I believe everything except that they haven't had sex. Not anal sex, but I think they give each other plenty of BJs, JOs, etc. I know it's unrealistic, but I just hope they can get it together for the kids' sake.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2023 7:14 PM

This won't end well

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2023 7:17 PM

they bonded over their love of sniffing their own farts

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2023 7:19 PM

R45 It’s this will end in tears you fkin cunt.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2023 7:45 PM

Run John Run.

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2023 7:49 PM

So John's cock is a white supremacist, but isn't homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2023 7:53 PM

John Mayer's cock is intact. Cohen--stay the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2023 8:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!